Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    cooljcoolj Member Posts: 15
    When and where did you lease that civic. I'm interested in the same vehicle and offer. I know about the manufacturer Civic LX lease special, but yours is better. (how did you get that offer). Thanks.
  • Options
    vagabondchefvagabondchef Member Posts: 107
    Could you provide the breakdown of costs of the $900 you paid at delivery.

Thanks
  • Options
    I just got a quote for a 09 LX auto 4-dr. with 12000 miles a year for $199.00 for 36 months with no money down at a dealer in Milwaukee, $500 due at delivery, They want me to take delivery tonight. I told them in two weeks. Sounds like I could do better.

What do you think, can I do better?

Please let me know.
  • Options
    I think you can do better.....How about no money down, just 1st month's payment $170.00, dealership fee, $150.00, Registration, $100.00 for a Grand Total of $420.00 due at delivery and $170.00 a month with tax and 12000 miles a year for 36 months.

Try that!!
  • Options
    What is a better deal for a lease 09 civic or 10 civic for either 30 months or 36 months with no money down?
  • Options
    I'm wondering what the money factor and the residuals are on the 09 and 10 civics?

Can anyone tell me>

Thanks!!
  • Options
    cooljcoolj Member Posts: 15
    Again:
    When and where did you lease that civic. I'm interested in the same vehicle and offer. I know about the manufacturer Civic LX lease special, but yours is better. (how did you get that offer). Thanks.
  • Options
    wingnut6wingnut6 Member Posts: 3
    The current lease offer on Honda's website is $179 mo/ 30 mos. 12k miles. $1,499 due @ signing; includes down payment, BUT excludes taxes, titles and fees.

Am I correct in understanding that a better deal than this can be negotiated with the dealers, As in the case of Benzlover1; NO down payment, $175.00 mo/30 mos 12k miles, $900.00 for taxes, titles and fees and 1st mo. lease payment.

Has anyone got a better deal than the advertised deal?

Thanks
  • Options
    leahjleahj Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how and where benzlover1 got that lease deal? Im looking to lease real soon and and want the best deal just like everyone else does. Thanks much.
  • Options
    wingnut6wingnut6 Member Posts: 3
    Here's what I got; $191.00 mo/plus tax $14.00, $205 total/30 mos, 12k miles.

$688.00 drive-off, no down payment; this was for taxes, title, fees and 1st month payment.

Cap Cost was $17,384.
  • Options
    dcooper6dcooper6 Member Posts: 8
    Would love to know where you got this deal, as I am in the market and am being quoted $239/month...Thanks
  • Options
    civic4me3civic4me3 Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking for a new lease (2010 Honda Civic LX) in NJ. I see Honda.com has a lease program of $219.00 a month/$219.00 plus tax title etc, which is probably another $1500.00. But I know the dealers can do better than what is listed on Honda's website. I'm looking to see what other people in NJ has paid recently & if I am better getting a lease now or waiting a few more weeks for the end of the year, for the best price.
  • Options
    Got a quote today for $224.00 per month (30 months) plus 5.6% tax with no money down other then 1st months payment $237.00 and dealership fee $159.00 and registration fee $89.00 for a total due at delivery of $485.00.

I think I can do better and wait till December 24th at closing time or new years eve at closing time. This was for an 09 civic.

I know I can do much better and for a fresh 2010 and not a 09 that has "Lot Rot" on it.

Should I wait?

Let me know.

Thanks.
  • Options
    civic4me3civic4me3 Member Posts: 12
    I didn't think there were any 2009's left. What NJ dealership did you go to?
  • Options
    hondasanhondasan Member Posts: 3
    I'd wait until the week of the 28th when the rush to have a brand-new-Civic-with-a-giant-bow-on-top-in-the-driveway-Christmas-morning rush is done and over with. The dealers should be more motivated to meet their month-end AND year-end incentives.

That's what I'm going to do... until then I'm driving a junky pickup!
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Honda Civic LX Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00065 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Civic EX Coupe (non-L, without nav) are .00137 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Here you go, zoran. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Honda Civic Si Sedan without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00147 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Civic Coupe Si is the same, but its residual value is 2% lower.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a "Super Preferred" 36 month lease of a 2010 Insight EX without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00122 and 64%. The addition of navigation slices 2% off of this car's residual value.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi vagabondchef. I haven't worked up payments on both, but I suspect that the fact that Honda has pulled the plug on its special lease program for the 2009 Civic will make it more expensive to lease than a 2010 model, even with the $750 dealer cash that is available on leftovers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey vagabondchef. Honda Finance's lease program for the Civic varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. Let me know what these variables are and I'll gladly give you an idea of what the current program is like for the car or cars that you're interested in. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi wingnut6. Generally speaking you are correct, manufacturers' official advertised payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Consumers are almost always able to negotiate lower selling prices with dealers on vehicles than the ones that were used to arrive at their advertised payments. Having said this, the Honda Civic isn't exactly a high margin vehicle so there probably won't be a tremendous amount of room to work with.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    2010 Honda Civic LX 4-Dr. Automatic (30 months, 15000 miles a year) no money down other than 1st months payment, Dealership Fees and registration fees. (Less than $500.00 down)

Also 2010 Honda CRV 4WD LX (30 months or 36 Months, 15000 miles a year) No money down except dealership fees 1st months payment and registration fees. (Less than $600.00 Down)

Want lease between Christmas and New Years.

Thanks for your help in advance CarMan.

It really helps me out.
  • Options
    It seems cheaper to lease a 2010 Civic LX than an 2009 Civic LX according to Honda's Financial Services website lease calculator.
  • Options
    zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    much appreciated car_man! Happy holidays! I have been getting e mails for 0.9% financing and $400 under invoice on si sedan. Any idea what should I aim at in sfo bay area. Btw any idea will 2011 si, and insight would come out in summer 2010 with revised new civic?
  • Options
    Thanks a lot.

Would u know if Lease Factors is same for Si Sedan with or without Navigation?

If there is diff residual and MF for 30 months lease for 12K miles/yr?

Finally if you would know Bank fee or acquisation fee and registration/document etc for Si Sedan?

I would really appreciate a quick response possible as I am thinking of buying one this week.

Car is being offered 1K below invoice!
  • Options
    babytokibabytoki Member Posts: 4
    I just received a deal for 2010 civic LX model Lease.
    $557 down - includes registration , title 1st payment
    $188 / month includes tax..
    Can you tell me if this is a good deal? or can i do better w/ the new lease program?
    Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    dcooper6dcooper6 Member Posts: 8
    babtoki, can you share where you got this deal?
  • Options
    I received this deal from Huntington Beach Honda in California.
  • Options
    navicivicnavicivic Member Posts: 4
    This is a great deal. i just got a 2010 civic lx lease for 30 months 12K/yr no money down except 1st month payment, dmv fees, etc for $230 (NY state tax included)
  • Options
    There was another offer from Norm reeves superstore for 0 down and $205 month. But it's the same thing as the previous dealer they just divided up the payment of the 1st payment dmv fees into the monthly payment..so i'm trying to get the payment lowered $15 more dollars..then it will be TMV value for the vehicle..so i'll let you know. i gotta purchase it within the next 2 weeks..
  • Options
    dmarcus1300dmarcus1300 Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking to lease a Civic EX sedan. I'm a bit confused on a few key areas: purchase price I should be negotiating with, and money factor and residual %.

The TMV for 2010 EX, in NYC area is listed as totally $19,993 (including the delivery charge). Yet, when asked for online quotes I received two. One for $18,652 and one for $18,044. Obviously there might be some strings attached to these deals, but that's still considerably lower than the TMV.

Second, I don't know the MF and residual percentage. Actually, a dealership has just offered me a $259/mo 36 month, 12k, $0 down lease. Dealer told me Residual % was 65% but could not tell the Money Factor over the phone. Is this an accurate residual, and what is the Money Factor?

I'm a first time buyer so I'm trying hard to be as well equiped as possible.

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    al_man_georgiaal_man_georgia Member Posts: 1
    Just closed deal on a Civic 2010 EXL in an Atlanta area dealership.
    Sticker = $22,515
    $0 out of pocket - Sign & Drive
    30 Months/15K miles/$275.7 plus 7%Tax = $295 monthly payment
  • Options
    jason2mdjason2md Member Posts: 4
    I'm new to the year end purchasing, and looking for info on the typical lease and financing changes after the year end specials expire, which appear to end on 1/4. Do the prices typically stay the same, decrease or increase, comparing to prior years and/or expectations for the current year.

Also, anyone have any suggestions for less hassle, good price dealerships in the nyc area?
    thanks
  • Options
    cdtottencdtotten Member Posts: 14
    I am currently looking at leasing a civic EX sedan w/ navi. Could someone tell me what the money factor and residual is currently?

I was trading in my car (4,200 in equity) and on a EX sedan AT (w/out navi) they quoted me:

30 months - 0 out of pocket (cause of trade-in), 229-244 a month for 12k miles and a residual of $13836.90
  • Options
    Leased the 2010 Civic LX last friday for..$174.00 / per month, 30months, 12,000 miles and 12,807 residual 0 down and 0.00065 money factor.
  • Options
    for civic si non navigation, mf was 0.00137 for 30 mo, with 66% residual for 3o mo, mf was higher i think for 36 mo, residual was lower by 2%? drive off for us, including all state fees/first payment $683. They have to give you honda buy rate.
  • Options
    dmarcus1300dmarcus1300 Member Posts: 12
    I just came back a lease deal on a 2010 Honda EX Sedan. Got the deal from Bay Ridge Honda in Brooklyn, NY.

The deal is the following:
    MSRP: 20965
    Negotiated Selling Price: 19615
    Money Factor: .00137
    Residual %: 66
    Term: 30 mos.
    Monthly payment: 238.43
    $595 Bank Fee + $74 Doc Fee + 280 Title Fee+ $635.18 Tax up Front

This is about $300 less than Edmunds TMV.
  • Options
    lexusguy1lexusguy1 Member Posts: 11
    I am new to leasing and wanted to know if I got a good deal:

2010 Civic LX Automatic. 30 months, 12k a year

$0 down, monthly payment of $152 (includes tax)

I had to pay $1,140 up front for the tax, title, registration, and acquisition fee.

Is this a good deal? Did I get taken?
  • Options
    abonabon Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a greast deal, which state are you in? i see very low sales taxes!!! anyway I just leased a Civic Lx today, the total out of pocket was $1500 + dmv , everything included in those $1500....and $165 /month, 30 months, 12k year TIER 2 credit.. very important.
    This was a great deal
  • Options
    That seems like a very good deal! What part of the country are you in??
  • Options
    casdmgcasdmg Member Posts: 11
    Never leased before so this is process is very new to me.

$24,569 and INCLUDE freight and accessories
    With only taxes and first payment out of pocket the lease will be $400 X 30
    15k miles a year
    Thoughts?

I think their lease special ends on the 4th.
  • Options
    Got mine last night...

$582 drive-off - $208 (incl. tax) per mo. - 30 mo. 12K/year - 0.00065 money factor in the Los Angeles area

One downside of a 2.5 year lease is that I will be paying a full year's DMV registration for only half a year's use of the car if I turn it back in to the Lessor. But the money factor they offered was REALLY nice compared to what it would have been with a typical 36 month lease. :)
  • Options
    You're very welcome, zoran. Sorry for the delay in my response, I took some time off for the holidays.

Honda is scheduled to introduce its new January lease program for the Civic later on today. Please feel free to check back with me tomorrow and I will gladly answer any questions that you have about the new program.

Honda Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. The cost to register your car varies from state to state. Doc fees are nothing more than a way for dealers to pad deals. Most dealers charge one, but their exact fee varies from store to store.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi dmarcus1977. the Civic is a high volume, low profit vehicle for dealers. If I was in the market for one, I personally wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. If you snagged one at the end of the year, you might have been able to get one at invoice, or slightly less.

Honda is scheduled to introduce its new January lease program for this car later on today. Please post a reminder in for me in this discussion tomorrow and I'll gladly give you an idea of what its new lease program is like for the car that you're interested in.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting your new Civic, al_man. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Real-world examples like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles.

If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi jason2md. It's always difficult to say what manufacturers will do with their future incentives programs. What I can tell you is that while its money factors and residual values were different in January, Honda made sure that its Jan. lease program provided similar payments to consumers as its December program did.

Whether or not that will again be the case when Honda introduces its new January program later on today is difficult to say.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi cdtotten. I see that you are considering trading in a vehicle on a new lease. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current car when you lease a new one, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds as a down payment for your lease.

I always advise consumers not to make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

As far as this car's lease numbers go, Honda is scheduled to introduce its new January program some time later on today. Please feel free to check back with me tomorrow and I should be able to give you an idea of what the new factor and residual are for the specific car that you're interested in.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I live in the Boston MA area.
  • Options
    Hi,

I live in the Boston MA area. Not sure why there we so aggressive. I am sure they still made some money out of the deal.

Thanks
  • Options
    yankeesgirl01yankeesgirl01 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking for the money factor (top and 2nd tier lessees...I don't know where I stand) and residual for the 2010 Civic Coupe LX (Automatic) for the following:

12k miles/yr for 30 mo
    15k miles/yr for 30 mo
    12k miles/yr for 36 mo
    15k miles/yr for 36 mo

Also, are the $595 acquisition fees and $710 destination fees negotiable? i.e. I am looking for a sign and drive deal. I had experiences at several dealerships at the end of the year where they offered the car to me at invoice price $16,772, but then added the $710 destination fee on top of that for a capitalized cost of $16,772 + $710 + $595 + first month + NY taxes. Does that make sense? None of them wanted to budge on the $710 destination fee...

I understand January's new programs will be coming out later today, so I will check in tomorrow. Thanks, I appreciate your help!
  • Options
    Thanks Car_man ! Happy Holidays!

I was in market for Si Sedan. This cars are not in abundance like regular civics.
    I got one for around $700 under invoice, 36K, 30 Mo lease $279 including sales tax( 9.25%) Santa Clara County), $around 680 drive off inclusive every thing. We were kinda in hurry as my car was coming off of lease Jan 1st 2010. If Jan 2010 MF etc are better, can we readjust, as car was acquired just 2 weeks ago? What do you think. Mf I got was 0.00136, and residual 66% for 12k miles/year.
This discussion has been closed.