Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey lexlethal. Here's the information that you're looking for. According to the latest information that I have seen, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Civic Coupe LX with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Civic Coupe EX without navigation are .00077 and 58%.

The numbers for a 36 month, 12k lease of a '10 Civic Coupe EX-L without navigation are .00077 and 56%.

If you opt to go with a sign and drive lease on any of these cars, their money factor will drop slightly to .00067.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dz123. Honda's current lease money factors for the 2010 Civic Sedan vary by trim level. Its buy rate for the DX is .00077. The factor rises to .00135 on leases of any other 2010 Civic Sedan model.

Going with the sign and drive program actually lowers these cars' money factors by .00010.

If the person who is interested in leasing does not have good credit, they will not qualify for these "Super Preferred" tier factors. The money factors that they will have to use will be higher. I would never advise anyone to put a lease for someone else in their name, but that is the only way that someone with bad credit would be able to qualify for the best available rates.

Car_man
    Host
  • suz25fsuz25f Member Posts: 3
    Hello. I have a few questions regarding the lease of a 2010 Civic 4DR LX Automatic in NY. I am looking for 24 months, 12,000 miles/year lease.

Today at the dealership I was quoted $253 a month (taxes are built in) with $1194 due at signing (includes bank fee, first payment, DMV costs like plates, reg, insp etc.). The residual cost would be 13,000.

We began to negotiate a bit on true market value of the car (which would be about 20,264 with the original deal). Edmunds had indicated $17260 as the true market value, which the sales person kept saying would be a tremendous deal.

Can you tell me what cap cost is reasonable to shoot for and if the lease deal above could be better?
    Hi suz25f. If I was in the market for a 2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX with an automatic transmission right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price off around $500 over dealer invoice minus the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Edmunds.com lists this car's dealer invoice price as $17,666. If we subtract the $1,000 dealer cash and add back $500 for the dealer to that we arrive at a target price of $17,166.

Car_man
    Host
  • sk456sk456 Member Posts: 6
    I am currently looking for a lease on a 2010 honda civic coupe lx. my budget is around 180/month. i would prefer 12000 mi/ year but 10000 is ok. it also has to be a closed lease. I live in NJ so i need lease help there. also i need to buy before june but am hoping to buy in mid may. if it's a worth wild deal i can buy now. i am also willing to put a down payment of 2500 dollars. if anyone can help please reply. thank you.
    ---- I live in between rt. 22 and rt. 1 that should open up many dealerships. also if you don't like any dealerships please include so i do not go there.
  • ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    sk456, where in NJ are you located? I have personal friends that works for DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge, NJ. I would be more than happy to help out a fellow NJer. Between myself, family, and friends, we have leased / purchased 11 Honda's from them. Let me know if you need my help!
    Im located in linden but i work in red bank. so any of those areas are quite accessible or in between. i have once dealt with dch honda before, i was very please but i always financed. i am going to lease my son a honda civic coupe and i am determined to find the cheapest price. my credit score is considered very very well so credit shouldn't be a problem. and like i said a down payment is easy to. i looking online and in news papers and quite frankly i don't have the time to go to the actual dealership unless i'm going to buy. also i am only seeing amazing lease deals for the sedan (prices like 85/ month) but i'd rather him have the coupe.
    btw thank you ghetto2315 for responding.
  • lnchbx13lnchbx13 Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know what credit score is required to meet Honda's Super Tier Lease special? I have somewhere around 705-730, is that good enough or are they wanting 750+? Thanks for any help.

Also, what is the best deal that people are getting on an EX-L Sedan Automatic w/o navigation? What cap cost should I strive for? Thanks...
    I am in Houston, so if anyone knows of a good dealer to go to or a salesman that I can work out a good deal with please let me know.
  • amkamk Member Posts: 5
    Hey can some one please post the MF and Residual numbers for April 2010. I am looking at 4Dr Honda civic LX. I was quoted 488 out the door with 210/month. I know I can do better if I know what the MF and residual numbers are. Please help as i am helping a single mother & co-worker/friend get the best poss.deal. Iwill co-sign for her so she will get the tear A rate. Thanks. :):)
  • civic4me3civic4me3 Member Posts: 12
    OK, I know this doesn't help you. But I just wanted to say my Honda dealership is the best. I've been getting my cars & maintenance done there for over 15 years.

I got a 30 month lease on a Honda Civic LX sedan lease for $139.00 :blush: with $2000.00 at signing in December. :shades:
    sk456, I live in Rumson which is literally almost the next town over from Red Bank. Shoot me an email (dmwong@raycatena.com) and I'll set you up with my guy. He'll give you a call and get the ball rolling. I'm almost positive he'll be the cheapest around. If not, no hard feelings and at least you got #'s to go by. But I am sure you'll find what you are looking for. - Dan
    edited April 2010
    As of right now I have the dealer up the road talked down to 16300 (with destination) for the LX which I think with tax was around 190 for 35 months. If I were to put down 2000 it would be 127. an awesome deal...decisions decisions...The EX-L was quoted at 19300 and would be between 225 and 245, depending on if the residual is .58 or .61. Does anyone else have some good numbers they can share or ideas of how to get more money off? He said he might be able to take off the 425 dealer holdback too, but I would have to be there in person (he said) for him to get that approved...I won't cross my fingers, but who knows.
  • honda10mthonda10mt Member Posts: 4
    I live in NYC and am looking to lease a 2010 Civic DX. I don't want to put a down payment. What should I pay at signing and per month? I have a credit score of less than 700.
  • civic4me3civic4me3 Member Posts: 12
    Let me see what my guy can come up with.
    You know Honda has a current zero down, zero at signing, zero first moths payment promotion going on right now. But as far as the monthly payments, I bet my dealer can come up with a better/lower payment than Honda.com has advertised.

Did you want a sedan or coupe?
    And did you want 10, 12 or 15K miles per year? ;)
    Oh yeah, and did you want a 24, 30or 36 month lease? Or just what you can get the best pricing on?
    Hey, thanks so much!! It doesn't really matter how long the lease is. I think I'll need 12k/year.
    ...also, Sedan or Coupe doesn't matter. Thanks again.
    what dealer are you talking about. and 16300 i think is a great price do you know how many miles/ year that was.
  • suz25fsuz25f Member Posts: 3
    Hello! Congrats on a succesful negotiation! Just wondering what state you are located in? I am located in New York and am not sure if I should expect different pricing?
    Hey, civic4me3 which dealership do you use? Thanks so much!
    Hi amk. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Civic Sedan LX with 15,000 miles per year are 00125 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When your friend negotiates her deal, make sure she takes advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    That was the standard 12K/year I believe. The dealer is John Eagle Honda and the internet sales person I was speaking with is - Patrick Uhlig - here are the prices I have him at currently. Just be careful with Goodson Honda - they would quote me a really good price and it would say Plus tags, tax, title and any dealer installed accessories - thats where they get you - he said they don't have any civics without accessories and they put in $1,600 in unneeded accessories and won't take them off. So make sure you ask if they require you buy accessories, because that is crap.

LX - 16,297
    LX-S - 16,836
    EX-L - 19,348
  • zsid819zsid819 Member Posts: 1
    Hi QZMP,

I actually used all your information to get the exact same deal at the same dealership. I just want to thank you for taking the time out to post it all and help us out. If you don't mind can you please email me your name to zsid819@yahoo.com. The dealership is requesting it so that you can get some sort of incentive bc you technically directed us to that same deal. Would be much appreciated and thanks again for everything.
    thanks a lot do you know if the 169/mth deal is still on.
    also what are the options they are adding because i kinda want the basic lx model.
    i just stopped at planet honda yesterday. i was offered 149/month for 36 months on a 12000/ year mileage. gap insurance included and 1,000 down plus other fees(taxes, tire fees etc.) also its a black civic lx sedan. i know thats a terrible deal because i kept telling the guy i wanted a coupe. but they didn't have any of the one's i wanted in stock. So i your interested at least you now you can get that and probably a lot better. and the lease was based on on a 19,115 msrp which can be lowered. but i didn't attempt.
    If you have time, go to DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge, NJ and ask for Dan Fisher. Tell him a good friend from Mercedes-Benz with the initials DW told you to go see him. He'll know exactly what you're talking about.
    Thats surprising and actually pretty cool that the dealership is going to do something for the guy who directed a buyer to them...I wonder what they will do for him? Let us know if they do anything...
  • fatfababyfatfababy Member Posts: 1
    I just leased civic lx , I paid no money, included everything payments of $235 for 35 month with 12k miles. sounds good deal? live in NJ leased at planet honda.
    Honestly, not really. The normal promotion is for an LX assuming you pay 18235 for 220/mth plus tax. The problem is that most people on here are getting 16-16300 for an LX which would bring your payment down a lot more. You probably could have paid 200/mth with tax give or take a few dollars. If its not too late you might be able to negotiate. If they have a return policy.
  • knoxdoylesknoxdoyles Member Posts: 6
    Just leased a Civic LX Coupe for $215/m including tax 36month 12000k/year.
    Nothing down
    No first payment
    35 payments remaining
    walked out without writing a check

price 16375
    bogus appearance protection 199
    doc fee 499
    acquistion fee 595 (little high)
    gross capitalized cost (after fees) 17721
    residual @ 59% of MSRP(18900) = 11159

hope these numbers help others.:)
    Was that with the Super Preferred credit tier? I was told the LX had a .61 residual, the LX-S was a .59 and the EX-L was a .58?? That was a decent deal though. But that doc fee is outrageous.
  • tr0n1c0tr0n1c0 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    I am leasing lx-s this week, what would be a reasonable money factor with credit score 660 (tier 2)? Thank You
  • blizzisublizzisu Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2010
    I just signed a deal in principle to lease a 2010 LX-S for 36 months w/ 12,000 miles a year. Honda is paying the first payment, so I will only make 35 payments. I was able to negotiate the following:

Purchase Price: $17,700
    Monthly Payment w/ Taxes: $248
    Monthly Payment w/o Taxes: $224

I don't have the specifics yet, but I will post those when I have them.
  • knoxdoylesknoxdoyles Member Posts: 6
    Yes it was the top credit tier.
    I don't know about the 61% residual...just from looking at these forums I had expected 59% for the LX and the dealership hit it right on.
    I'm personally ok with the 59% residual because we plan on buying it at the end of the lease for my 16 year old.
    and yes the doc fee is crazy...I've found that all the few dealerships we have here charge the same...I guess they figure if one does they all can and we don't have a whole lot of options here without having to travel to get a better deal.
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    That sounds a bit high to me. Last month I leased an LX-S for 248.99/mo incl taxes for 24 mo but it was 15k mi/yr. My cap cost was just under 17000, and I want to say the payment before tax was 228ish. For 36mo and 12k mi/yr, you should be getting a lower payment.
    How hard was it to negotiate over $2,000 off MSRP? I was able to get them down to $17,700 pretty easily.

Also, they gave me $6,000 cash for my 2003 Civic EX w/ 85,000 miles. This was about $700 over KBB trade-in value, so I guess you could move that $700 over and knock it off the cap cost which would bring it down to $17,000 even. I had to walk out of the dealership to get $6,000 for the trade-in. They called me back after I was halfway home.
  • icechunkicechunk Member Posts: 5
    Civic SI base

MSRP: 22,765
    Selling price: 20,500
    Frieght+processing-$800
    Tags: $200
    Tax: 6%

I am being quoted $335 with 0 down, first payment paid. Seems high to me. Can someone calculate a lease payment for the SI?
    edited April 2010
    Leasing today LX-S manual (very hard to find) with credit history 671. 3 years, 12k/year

First month payment - $800 including registration and everything else. 202.50 a month incl gap and taxes after that. Sound like a good deal?

MSRP - 18,915
    Selling price - 16,372
    Resale: 60%
    (In CA)
    Sounds like you got a great deal. What extras did they include to jack the price up to $18,915, or did that include destination?
  • orbit4orbit4 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2010
    2010 CIVIC LX-S, Automatic, Silver, 220.94/month + tax, $400 down. 36 month, First month paid.
    35 month left.
    Please give me some advise..

THKS
    edited May 2010
    18915 is the price with destination included (18205 + 710)
    edited May 2010
    is it 220.94 including tax?
  • 540dude540dude Member Posts: 38
    Hey Car Man:

I want to lease a Civic LX with auto trans for 10K miles per year for 36 months. Can you tell me Honda's money factor and residual values for the May leases?

Many thanks in advance.
  • orbit4orbit4 Member Posts: 7
    nope..total monthly is $220 + 8.75%(So cal TAX).
    Good deal? what do you think?
  • kikitakikita Member Posts: 3
    I just could not figure out how the dealer calculated my lease. I have NOT yet purchased this car but the more I read the less confident I am...I doubt I am getting a fair lease. This is frustrating because they see you're a woman and boom! To start with I am trading an Infi G35 2004 with 96K, they tell me this is hurting me bad! And if I wait more I will get less trade for it.
    numbers are as follows:
    CIVIC LX 2010 auto trans.
    Sticker price 20,900 (they never gave me a lower negotiated price)
    selling price same
    Apparently they are taking my car at 8k but can only apply 4K to the lease (they tell me this amount is going to the lease start up fees??)
    Supposedly I am getting a check for the remaining 4K
    Tags & lic 376 + 14 doc.fee
    lease term 36 mo.
    money factor n/a (I know money factor * 2400 will give APR, but dont have it)
    monthly lease amt. 298 incl tax.
    IF I add 1500 more down to the lease contract I will pay 250 monthly incl tax.
    I tried calculating the money factor but just could not get the lease charge amt.
    I have read here lots of comments that no down was paid!
    Could you help me with these? What do I ask the dealer?
    Thanks a million!
    I just could not figure out how the dealer calculated my lease. I have NOT yet purchased this car but the more I read the less confident I am...I doubt I am getting a fair lease. This is frustrating because they see you're a woman and boom! To start with I am trading an Infi G35 2004 with 96K, they tell me this is hurting me bad! And if I wait more I will get less trade for it.
    numbers are as follows:
    CIVIC LX 2010 auto trans.
    Sticker price 20,900 (they never gave me a lower negotiated price)
    selling price same
    Apparently they are taking my car at 8k but can only apply 4K to the lease (they tell me this amount is going to the lease start up fees??)
    Supposedly I am getting a check for the remaining 4K
    Tags & lic 376 + 14 doc.fee
    lease term 36 mo.
    money factor n/a (I know money factor * 2400 will give APR, but dont have it)
    monthly lease amt. 298 incl tax.
    IF I add 1500 more down to the lease contract I will pay 250 monthly incl tax.
    I tried calculating the money factor but just could not get the lease charge amt.
    I have read here lots of comments that no down was paid!
    Could you help me with these? What do I ask the dealer?
    Thanks a million!
    They are trying to rip you off! DO NOT accept this deal.

You should EASILY be able to negotiate a selling price under $19,000 for an LX w/ automatic transmission.

Do not put any money down from your trade in towards the lease. Make them write you a check for $8,000.

Unless the money factor and residual value have changed drastically from last month, you should be able to lease that car for $210 - $220 a month including taxes with no money down.
    AT first they rejected my lease saying my credit is not optimum. Then after few hours they "found" a new lender and also they found this "anxious" buyer looking for "my" car and they were able to offer me those 8K, but only 4K in cash.
    I am not aware as to what exactly does that "initial fees" of around 2700 mean? Could you enlighten me as to why is that high? and also what should the money factor be in this area? Thanks soooooo much for your guidance!
    I do not know what the money factor or residual numbers are for May, but it looks like the deal I was talking about is no longer offered.

Still, you should be able to get $8,000 for your trade-in. The new lease offer is $1799 due at signing which includes first month's payment and capitalized cost reduction with no security deposit; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like. What are taxes, tile, registration like in your area?

It looks to me like you should get about $6,000 in cash back for your car, and your payment should be under $200 a month.
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited May 2010
    blizzisu and kikita,

The money factor and residual for the 2010 Civic LX Sedan with automatic transmission are 0.00127 and 61%, respectively.This is based on AHFC's lease special running through July 6. According to Edmund's, there is a cash to dealer incentive of $1,000.

Kikita, you did not indicate your tax rate in Scottsdale and so I can't address this issue. You should be able to get a sell price under $16,500. Let's compute a reasonable base payment (excludes tax) based on the following information...

MSRP 19,155 (per AHFC) (Edmund's and KBB show 19,115)
    MF 0.00127 (identical to the Accord LX Sedan Automatic in April for top tier credit)
    RF 61%
    RV 11,684.55 (61% x 19,155)
    Sell Price 16,300 (includes $1,000 cash incentive)
    AHFC Acq Fee 595
    Gross Cap 16,895 (16,300 + 595)
    Adj Cap 16,895
    Term 36 months
    Miles 12K

Judging from the MSRP, I'm guessing that there was a slight price increase which doesn't make much sense. At any rate, here's the base payment using the above info...

Payment = 0.00127 x (16895.00 + 11684.55) + (16895.00 - 11684.55) / 36
    = 181.03

This excludes (a) tax and (b) dealer doc fee/license, reg., plate fees.

Also, blizzisu is correct. Have the dealer write you a check for $8,000. Do NOT put any money down (i.e., cap reduction)! First, a car is a depreciating asset and, second, God forbid if you total it in an accident, you're not likely to recover all of your down payment (cap reduction). I would pay licensing fees and any applicable dealer doc fees upfront.

Hope this helps!

John

PS: Try Bell or Tempe Honda if you haven't already done so.
This discussion has been closed.