Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Odyssey Lease Questions

Comments

• onanodysseyonanodyssey Member Posts: 3
    Please help! Need to pick up a car tomorrow or next day!! Looking to lease an 2010 EX w/o NAV or RES. http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx has a lease deal on the LX for $269/month with $1999 due at signing assuming $27,515 MSRP. I'm seeing OTD prices on EX's in the $28k range, so doesn't it stand to reason that I could get a lease payment of +/- $300 per month with ~$2k down on an EX? Dealers have quoted me $3k down and mid-$300s per month for an EX but this seems out of line compared to the LX. Is Honda just trying to dump LXs or can someone explain this to me? What's the best I can do on a 36 month lease on an EX?

pjtnc - how much was due at delivery?
  • pjtncpjtnc Member Posts: 2
    Paid first month's payment ($339) and tag ($74) at signing. Didn't have to put anything down to get to the mid-$300s for the EX w/ RES. Two other dealerships (Flow Honda in Winston-Salem,NC and Vann York Honda in High Point, NC) were willing to do $0 down for $349/month.
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Hello everyone!
    Looks like Honda is being VERY aggressive on lease deals to steal more business away from Toyota.
    The Odyssey is LEASING for $300/mo. $0 due at signing for the LX model. 36 months & 12k miles/yr.

My question is this:
    What should a EX or EX-L lease out for?

Anyone have the CURRENT/NEW money factors & residuals?
    Anyone can post their deals so far?

My zipcode is: 89123 (Las Vegas) if that matters

THANKS!!!
  • gt0279agt0279a Member Posts: 14
    I'd be interested as well. Looks like the $1250 dealer cash is no longer around,

But with the LX deal it seems the residual was bumped up 2 points (.56 to .58 on the 12k/year, 36 mo. lease) and the money factor dropped from .00102 down to .00092.

I am looking at the EX-L NAV & RES if anyone has the current numbers.

Thanks
  • onanodysseyonanodyssey Member Posts: 3
    Here's where I ended up (Milwaukee area): 2010 EX w/out RES - $2650 due at signing ($2000 cap reduction + first payment, tax, plates, etc.) and $317/month for 36 months @ 12k miles / year. Overall, not too bad IMHO.
    I have contacted a few dealers in Southern California, still waiting for a few to get back to me on quotes. (36 months + 12k miles/yr)

The best quote so far: ZERO DUE AT SIGNING (Sign/Drive) for a 2010 Hona Odyssey were as follows:
    EX-L w/RES was $405/mo + taxes.

EX w/RES is: $383/mo + taxes

EX is: $368/mo. + taxes

LX is: $300/mo. + taxes

I think the RESIDUAL VALUES for EX/EX-L are: 53% (LX may be higher? 56%)
    Money Factor is STILL the 0.00102 (2.45%)

Pretty much, I think the deals CAN/WILL be better, since a NEW 2011 Honda Odyssey is coming in August 2010. These are not bad deals, but I think there is some more "wiggle room" in these quotes.
    I can't get the $300 payment for the LX with that .00102 money factor. Comes out to be $304.13. with the 58% residual ($15,958.70) and net cap cost of $25,389.35 from the published deal.
    I agree with you........that's what makes this strange. We need to get the CURRENT RESIDUAL VALUE for the EX, EX-L, and Touring models from the CarMan here on Edmunds.com to know for sure.

I do think the LX is a HIGHER residual for the ADVERTISED SPECIAL. The other models might be lower.......I am assuming 53%.

Yes, working backwards on the math, it would seem YOUR numbers are spot on.
    58% and 0.00102 for the LX.
  • adb280zadb280z Member Posts: 11
    I just leased an EX for $313/month with a $1000 down including tax, tags and 1st payment in NJ and I think the residual on the contract was around $17000.
  • swinn1swinn1 Member Posts: 2
    I am in NJ too and I want to lease an EX w/ R
    where did you get it ?
    Thanks
    Paramus DCH Honda, went through the internet department. The whole process was really easy.
    Very nice job on the lease you found! That is a fantastic deal!

For anyone else interested........here are the values to work out a lease (36mo & 12k miles/yr) :

2010 Honda Odyssey LX = 58% residual

2010 Honda Odyssey EX, EX-L, Touring = 55% residual

Money Factor = 0.00102 (2.45%)

Honda Bank AQ Fee = $595 (everybody MUST pay this fee)

Cap Cost = This will vary, but I have received 5 different internet quotes, all were around $3,000 - $4,000 OFF MSRP (best quote was $4,800 OFF).

Hope these numbers help everyone interested in leasing a 2010 Odyssey!!
  • thatguy2010thatguy2010 Member Posts: 8
    When you negotiate the terms for a lease do you negotiate the "total price" for the vehicle ?? I'm in Va thinking about purchasing or leaseing a Lx or EX

i was quoted "out the door price of is $24,633.14" if not using the special financing rates,
    If you apply the special financing the price including all fee will be $25,973.14

for LX
  • bbsandrewbbsandrew Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    My wife and I just leased a 2010 Odyssey EX-L, no RES, no NAVI, no add'l options for $331.31 a month ($354.50 with 7% sales tax). "Agreed upon value of the vehicle" of $28,235.68. Residual of $18,763.25.

What I am not sure about though, is how much exactly we paid in "Capitalized Cost Reduction" since we were actually up-side-down on our trade-in. But for some reason I cannot find it anywhere in the paperwork that shows how much they are paying for my trade. (During the negotiations, the dealership did offer us $3000 under my actual payoff for the trade-in, but I countered with a monthly payment amount and a cash payment that they accepted)

So I *THINK* we did okay in this deal. Maybe?

This was done at a dealership in Buford, GA.
  • ipa2ipa2 Member Posts: 1
    My lease; $537(tax includ.) nothing out of pocket, added 15,000 miles per yr.

Love the ride, room, and looks (gray paint)
  • thatguy2010thatguy2010 Member Posts: 8
    what options did you get?, what was the total cost ?

Thanks for sharing
    When you LEASE or BUY a vehicle.........you can always negotiate from the MSRP. (Lease payments will have tax on the PAYMENT only/month) When you BUY or FINANCE TO OWN, you get an "out the door" price that has sales tax added to the total price.

Get the BUY IT NOW price down as low as you can. Tell the dealer, that you are just weighing your options on a purchase OR a lease.

Right now, there is some fantastic leasing deals going on. Just negotiate from the MSRP as low as you can (figure on $500 - $1,000 BELOW invoice) and have the numbers run thru the LEASE calculator.

I would NOT buy a 2010 Honda Odyssey right now................just LEASE. A 2011 REDESIGNED Honda Odyssey is due out in about 6 months.
    WOW.
    $28,235 is about $6,000 UNDER MSRP ($34,115) for an EX-L!!!!!!

The BEST quote I have received so far was $29,399 for an EX-L.

Running the $28,235 CAP COST thru a lease calculator, I come up with about $340.00/mo + tax So, I think you did really well!!!!
    I felt like I did well. THANKS for confirming it!
  • kidlkcfkidlkcf Member Posts: 44
    I live in Northern NJ. I just got the following quote for a 2010 Odyssey EX (no leather):

Selling price: $26309
    36mos/12k per year
    Monthly payment $299.37

Inception fees: $1481.07

This seems like an incredible deal. 3 years ago I leased my Odyssey for $352/mo. Is this because there is a deal right now? I actually have a couple of months left on my current lease, but I'm afraid this deal won't be there in 2 months. Any feedback?
    Considering the advertised least special from Honda is $300 for an LX, no money due at least signing, first payment paid (by Honda or the dealer, but hey, who cares), 299.37 for an EX with 1481.07 out of pocket isn't a bad deal. Remember the MSRP on an EX is $3,100 more than that of an LX.

It is definitely because of the special least deal. That's what got us to consider trading in our '05 in the first place.

According to Honda's website:

Subject to limited availability. From 3/2/2010 through 5/3/2010, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp.
  • songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
    does anyone know the money factor for someone with a fico of 657.
    I would be co-signing with my sister. she is 657 mine is prob 760+. the last time I financed a car (2007) it was 800.

I know that I would be tier 1, but does anyone know what she would be?
    I feel like this is a pretty solid deal on the EX. The MSRP of the EX is right around $31,000 and you are getting it for $26,309.

Most EX-L quotes I have received (I am shopping, too!!) have been a selling price at $29,000 - $30,000 (MSRP for EX-L is $34,115) about $3,000 more than the EX.

My lease quotes have been ranging between $370-$400/mo plus tax( going ZERO DOWN, ZERO DUE AT SIGNING) with around $1200 - $1500 in fees as well that are rolled into the lease.
    **If I pay the upfront fees, the payment drops to about $350/mo + tax.
    Just got the following information from a dealer:

EX-L RES+NAV Residual 51%
    Touring Residual 51%
    Money Factor .00092

Can anyone confirm as the earlier posted residuals were much higher. Thanks
    Ok, Here are the correct numbers (at least in the southeast) I got:

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES+NAV = 53% residual
    Money Factor = 0.00092 (2.21%)

Best quotes so far on the EX-L R&N:
    $449/month +tax, $0 due at signing
    or
    $400/month +tax, $1700 due at signing
    I have a typed up dealer LEASE work-sheet in front of me. A deal I am working on is for a 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L (no navi or res) with MSRP: $34,115

Residual: 55% -----confirmed from 3 different dealers ($18,763.25)
    Money Factor: 0.00102 (2.45%) -----this should be the same everywhere
    Bank AQ Fee (Honda): $595 -----this fee will be added to ALL leases done thru Honda Financial

**This is for a 36mo/12k mile a year lease. If you do a 15,000mile a year lease, the RESIDUAL falls to 53%.

***I am not sure if the NAVI or RES (or both for that matter) drop the residual value? Not sure? I don't see why it would........but it might?

****One thing is FOR SURE: the LX model has the HIGHEST residual at 58%.
  • mick0016mick0016 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2010
    I picked up a 2010 EX w/RES for about $350 a month (includes tax) in the Detroit metro area. Just paid first payment and start up costs (about $600 total). I was considering purchasing instead of leasing, but the difference in payment between a 36 month lease and a 5 year purchase was large enough to give the nod to leasing.
  • minivan2010minivan2010 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, It looks you got an incredible deal. Is this includes acquisition fee, ($595 chared by Honda finance, title and license fee) Can you let me know the dealer name. I am also looking for similar deal.
    Thanks
    I think as the MSRP increases on the Odyssey, the residuals decrease. The EX-L with RES and/or NAV has always pretty much had lower residuals than the regular EX-L.

As far as the .00092 money factor, that is the confirmed number used in the LX 'sign and drive' deal and is based on Honda's 'top tier credit'.
    I am also a current Honda lessee, so I don't know if that matters, but all the quotes I have received have used the .00092 money factor.
  • philterphilter Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a 2010 EX-L. No RES or NAV
    $0 down @ $355 month (plus tax)
    first month payment + $595 bank fee at signing

I decided to pay all taxes and registration fee up front so I ended up paying about $2200 all in.

Did I do OK?
  • mick0016mick0016 Member Posts: 6
    Yes, the $600 upfront out of pocket which included the first payment of $350 (includes taxes) plus the $250 for title and license fee - that's it. I picked mine up at Jeffrey Honda in Roseville, MI. I requested an online price from the and that was the monthly price quoted. No haggling over MSRP or any other BS. I was going to wait to see if the price was going to get any better, but I was concerned that residual values were going to drop in April with the new model 2011's right around the corner.
    Residual Values & Money Factor are LOCKED IN, until 5/3/2010 (see Honda's website for lease details on the Odyssey......as well as all other lease specials currently offered thru 5/3/2010).........yes......they CAN CHANGE AFTER 5/3/2010.......but not before.

All deals being worked on right now.......and thru 5/3/2010 will use the current residuals & money factors.
    What do you mean you paid the taxes up front? What did $2200 out of pocket include? Because 1st payment + taxes + $595 DOES NOT = $2200.

****Your post says $0 down and $355/mo (plus tax)............so, I am confused.

If you gave the dealer $2200 check, most likely it paid for = the 1st month of lease + taxes + DOC FEE + Bank AQ Fee + misc fees/etc + some Cap Reduction.

Now, if you said you did a "zero down/zero due at signing/sign&drive" lease and got the payment of $355/mo + taxes...........I would say that is the DEAL OF DEALS. But, you gave the dealer $2200.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, linhtwu. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an Odyssey EX with RES and 15,000 miles per year are .00102 and 55%, respectively.

This vehicle's factor drops to .00092 for sign & drive leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    The $1,250 dealer cash definitely still exists.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Car man:
    Are the money factor's different for sign and drive?
    we qualify for "preferred" and were told the MF is .00167. we made it clear that we do not want to put any money down (cap cost reduction)
    I think if we dont pay the bank fee/docs/registration up front, we would be paying tax on that every month.
    we are shopping in NJ.
    does that MF sound right to you?
    Finally bought the car last night. Polished Metal / Grey int.
    Thanks for all the info here!

Details:
    36month/12k year lease
    $406.33 lease payment (plus 7% GA tax = $434.77/month)
    with $1486 down for all fees, 1st month, etc.

MSRP $37,915
    Invoice $34,404
    Selling Price $32,876
    Residual $20,095 (53%)
    MF 0.00092
  • ckalolackalola Member Posts: 6
    here are my numbers....

2010 EX with RES (bali blue)
    36 months, 12k/year
    Absolutely nothing at signing/delivery
    369/month (includes taxes...PA's 9% usage tax)
    0.00092 money factor
    57% residual

comments?
  • globalsaloonglobalsaloon Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    do you have a contact over there? im close to Paramus and am looking for EX-L with RES to lease ASAP!
    what dealership did you get this from?
    Sure, send me a message at adb280z@comcast.net and I can give you his info.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Recently lease a car? A reporter wants to hear about the deal you struck. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Wed, Mar 24, 2010 with a few words about your negotiation and/or incentive deal.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• blavecchiablavecchia Member Posts: 1
    I am on the other side of Atlanta and would LOVE to know who you worked with on this deal in Buford and more specifics. I would really like to lease an EX-L, no RES and no NAV also and have only gotten one quote so far that was $461/month with nothing down. I have no trade-in, but since you were upside down on yours, I figured I might be able to get as good of a deal as you did.
    Does anyone know what the MF is for the "preferred" tier for sign and drive?

I asked the question in an earlier post, but it was not answered.
    maybe I did not post correctly....

Also for people who had previous Honda leases, does honda sometimes give you a lower buy out price at the end of the lease (lower than the stated residual)?
  • brian110brian110 Member Posts: 2
    Thoughts from anyone on this deal. I live in the Boston area and got quoted this for an EX.

MSRP:30, 615
    Negotiated Price: 25,348
    Residual:58%
    MF: .000920

Payments are 318/mo for 36months (not including tax and fees)
  • sosososososo Member Posts: 4
    Pls excuse noob questions, never leased before, gosh never even bought a new car before.... didn't even think of checking here, until tonight and car I agreed to (but didn't yet sign for) is going to get to the lot tomorrow. So, how did I do?

EX-L no RES, no NAV, in NY.
    $385 a month + $17 extra for 15,000 miles per 12,000 Total $402 + TAX.

Ad says Due At Signing: 1st Mo, Tax, Bank Fee $595 & Reg.

Is that okay? Had one other offer for $369 but that was in NJ, had a $200 doc fee, and didn't have the color I wanted for now...
  • sosososososo Member Posts: 4
    Is this a good deal?

EX-L no extras.
    386, Bank Fee + Tax, Registration due at signing.

I'd love some response as soon as possible because I want to sign this evening.

TIA.
    edited March 2010
    looking at EX-L with RES Dark Cherry Pearl for $385/mo + $3000 down inclu taxes, bank fee etc. in NNJ. $3000 is based on trade in of 02 Hyundai Santa Fe LX w/ 81k Mil. LMK what you think
  • rezaulrezaul Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    I just got a great deal from Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD on the 2010 Odyssey EX lease.

$500 down + 35 more payments of $310/month (this is out of the door price inlcuding all tax, tags, fees etc.) for 36month 12k/yr lease. I leased it in MD but I'll register the van in VA. Also, I traded my 2007 Odyssey EX which was on a lease and I got a positive equity of $1527 back because the trade-in value was 18,600 which was more than the pay-off amount.

Plus, the whole sales experience with them was very simple and easy without any pressure-tactics or tricks. See my review in google about them.
  • sam173sam173 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal for EX-L with NAV & RES..

2000 down includes first month payment.

399 per month (includes tax,etc) for 36 month 12k/yr.

Should I go for it? Or wait and see if Honda comes up with any incentives in April?

My earlier lease for EX is ending Mid April so I still have couple of weeks to decide.

What do you guys suggest?
This discussion has been closed.