Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Greetings Car Man:

Could you kindly provide the August residual and rate factor for a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4X4 as to a 36 month/12,000 mile lease.

Thanks!
  • beichhornbeichhorn Member Posts: 20
    Car Man,

Can you kindly tell me the MF and residual for August on a 36 month / 12k lease?

Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem monkeyshift.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dirtypaww. While it doesn't happen that often on Hondas, dealers are usually allowed to mark up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. That's why it's always a good idea to double check the money factor that is being used to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD without entertainment with 15,000 miles per year are .00181 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Vehicles' residual values are multiplied times their full MSRPs, including the destination charge, to come up with the end-of-term purchase option price.

Car_man
    Host
    Great username aces_full :shades: . Here you go.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kerb. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD without navigation or entertainment with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kerb. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pamcakes21. Do you know what this truck's selling price was? It will enable me to evaluate your lease much more quickly than without it. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Beichhorn, Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD and 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mkbdmkbd Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to lease a 2011 2WD Touring this month. Does anyone know the money factor and residual for 36 months/45,000 miles?

I'm in South Florida if it makes any difference.

Thanks
  • gforce123gforce123 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Does anyone one has leased recently 2011 pilot EX-L AWD with NAVIGATION, 15K/year for 36 Month lease with no downpayment, in NJ. Please let me know the dealer name.

I am looking to lease in this month. Does any one has exp with OpenRoad Honda or Auto spourt honda?

gforce123
  • hackuchackuc Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to find the money and residual factor for the Touring package on a 12 and 15k lease. The dealer is saying they will quoting me invoice and I want to make sure the payments are the same.

Thank you
  • stoi1stoi1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello td_inc,

I am also in NJ and looking for the similar deal. Did you lease a FWD?
    Also which dealership did you lease from?

Thank you,

Al
  • barzzobarzzo Member Posts: 1
    Making a deal tonight for a 2011 LX 4WD Pilot . Trading in my 04 Trailblazer 136k miles their giving me $4,500 for it, Which I use as a down for a 36mth lease 20k miles a year for $325 a mth. No res. how does this sound? NJ
  • jessebelle00jessebelle00 Member Posts: 1
    I have been getting quotes from 5 dealers in the NJ area ( Open Road, Princeton Honda, Autosport, VIP and the Honda dealer on rt 9 Freehold). I have gotten them all down to around $375 with 2k down which is my taxes and fees. Most of them have given me a sale price of 29k. I am trying to get them down to $375 a month with 1500 in taxes and fees but it doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone tell me how the buyout price is calculated though? Open Road gave me a buyout of around 19k. Does that sound right?

To help other people out there, Freehold seems to be really high. at 2k down they gave me a $432 payment. I dont really care for the way VIP handles the negotiation (I get laughed at when I asked them to email me their quote). Princeton came around $385 with 2k down. Open Road gave me the same quote. Autosport in Bridgewater seems to be the most aggressive. I have them down to $375 with 2k as well as VIP which is at $378 with 2k down. I hope this helps!
  • davey8davey8 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    In chicago, looking to lease a 2011 Pilot Touring, AWD, 36 month, 12k, with running boards, no money down all taxes included. Best price I got so far is 615 a month. Anyone know if this is a good deal or knows of a better price?
    Thanks
  • robrothrobroth Member Posts: 33
    I know a TON of people in here and elsewhere that jumped into the lease deal Honda had for the 2008 Pilot back in January 2009 with what worked out to be 0.7% interest to lease. I hope Honda sees everyone coming off and decides to do something similar, otherwise I'll be shopping around. I'm starting to get a ton of US Mail from Honda Finance with all sorts of stuff about keeping me on as a customer, but nothing that really means anything to me yet.
  • number1leasingnumber1leasing Member Posts: 18
    number1leasing, i dont know where you are but theres one in central nj and one in brooklyn. You could check out the site, its self explanatory
  • davidkatdavidkat Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please tell me the residuals and current money factors for a 2011 Pilot EXL-RES with 15,000 and 17,000 miles?

Thanks
    David
  • jimmybadlandsjimmybadlands Member Posts: 6
    Picking mine up in Florida this weekend , $579 including tax a month 36 months , zero down , paying extra for the running boards , recieved this same quote from numerous dealers.
  • number1leasingnumber1leasing Member Posts: 18
    is it true $0 down, i know the dealers i work with in FL have ridiculous doc/dealer fees. Make sure not to get tied into that.
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Greetings Car_Man:

Could you kindly provide the current rate and residual for a 36 month/12k mile lease. Additionally, can you advise as to the current incentives, et al.

Thanks!
  • apdspiderapdspider Member Posts: 61
    2011 Honda Pilot EX and EX-L Lease, 10K miles/yr. 36 months.
    Can I have the MF and RV? Thanks

West Palm Beach FL.
    Mkbd, Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot Touring 2WD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00181 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hackuc. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot Touring 4WD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00181 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jessebelle00. Vehicles' end-of-term purchase option prices are based upon a set percentage of their full MSRPs. Assuming that none of the variables for your lease change, this number should be exactly the same at all of the dealers that you visited.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey davidkat. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD RES with 15,000 miles per year are .00181 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Honda Finance publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It should be less expensive to do so at lease-signing than to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kerb. Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a base 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't believe that Honda is providing any cash incentives on this model at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, apdspider.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2011 Pilot EX 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 2WD are .00181 an 54%.

I'm not sure if Honda Finance offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Honda Division vehicles, but if it does then its residuals for them would likely be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ha33ha33 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman or anyone out there,
    Could you please tell me if this is a good deal, we are getting ready to lease a new Pilot this week:
    2011 4WD Pilot EX L
    MSRP $37000, selling price $34,000
    48 month lease, 15K miles, $1500 due at signing for $470/month. We are negotiating back and forth right now because it doesn' t have the DVD system we wanted so we haven't settled on a monthly price yet.

thanks so much!
    Heath
  • emfollinemfollin Member Posts: 2
    Could I get the money factor and residual for the 2011 Pilot LX 2WD and 4WD models with 12,000 miles. Thanks
  • 08hpilot08hpilot Member Posts: 3
    I currently lease a 2008 Honda Pilot EX-L. This 36 month lease is going to expire soon. The buyout price on the lease is ~18K; however, per Edmonds.com the current trade-in value for a 2008 Honda Pilot EX-L is at least $22K. Does this mean that I have $4K equity in the leased vehicle? I am not sure. Many people on this forum must have leased a 2008 Honda Pilot for 36 months. Has anybody been able to get a credit for this equity while leasing a new 2011 Honda Pilot?
  • emfollinemfollin Member Posts: 2
    Yes, if you trade the vehicle in, you would be entitled to any additional funds over the payoff just as if you had done traditional financing.
    please let me know how that trade in works out if you move forward with it. the lease is up on my wife's 08 pilot in feb. there will be a whole lot of them coming off lease after that 0.7% interest lease deal they had 3 years ago.
  • danf1222danf1222 Member Posts: 11
    Car Man, can you provide me with the current October 2010 money factor and residual value for the 2011 Pilot EXL with 12000 miles.

Also, is Honda still leasing the 2010 model. If so, can you provide me with those numbers as well. Thanks.
  • foosyfoosy Member Posts: 3
    My current lease with a Honda Pilot is coming to an end on the 10th of October.

Looking to lease a 2011 Honda Pilot 4WD EX-L with Navi (white) for 36 months with 15K miles per year. What is the best rate I can get it with $2K down in PA? This would be the 4th Pilot I lease and I do qualify for the "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I was wondering if it was worth waiting for Oct 8th when Honda advertises its new offers or there is some great offer I can get right now. Car_man?
    Hi Heath. The Pilot that you described probably has a spread of around $3,350 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price and no cash incentives available on it right now.

That probably puts the selling price that you were quoted at less than $500 over invoice, which in my book is a very good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer uses Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor of .00181 (for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, emfollin.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot LX 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 4WD model are .00181 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure can, danf1222.

Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD without the entertainment system or nav with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

One can still lease a new 2010 Pilot through Honda Finance, but Honda is not providing any money factor support on leftover Pilots any longer.

Honda Finance's current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Pilot EX-L 4WD are .00200 and 48%, respectively.

Honda did pay off dealers $1,500 dealer cash for every leftover '10 Pilot that they had in inventory, so make sure to take that cash into account when negotiating your lease on a new one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey foosy. I don't see any reason to wait until the 8th to negotiate a deal on a new Odyssey. To the best of my knowledge, Honda's promotions on them are scheduled to run through November 1st.

Car_man
    Host
  • polypoly Member Posts: 14
    Heath , did you do the lease? what was the final price? can I ask what dealership and city/sate?
  • kbbbkkkbbbkk Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Seems like you're the _man_ to talk to!
    We're looking to lease a 2011 Honda Pilot Touring 2WD. Can you provide a few details.
    1) What is the residual value?
    2) What is the money factor?
    3) What is interest rate?
    4) What is the current MSRP?
    5) What is the invoice price?

I went to two dealerships and am getting different numbers from them. Not sure which one to believe. I'm here in Texas.

Thanks in advance!
    I suppose so, kbbbkk :). Here's the information that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Honda Pilot Touring 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00181 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

A money factor of .00181 is equivalent to an interest rate of around 4.3%.

You can find this vehicle's exact MSRP and invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • ayalakayayalakay Member Posts: 23
    Hi gang (and Car Man especially!)

My leased '08 VP 4WD is up on 01/02/11 and I'm already dreading the process of getting the next one. My '08 is in great shape and has ~26000 miles, so based on payoff #s I actually have a little bit of equity. I got a great deal on it and know I'll probably never match it. Now looking at the '11 EX 4WD. This next one will be my 4th Honda lease in a row. (love 'em!)

What can I expect for money factor & residual (12K miles/year)?
    What's the best approach - go to my dealer now, see if he'll absorb the last 2 payments on the '08? Wait til November, or go to the bitter end?
    What would you consider a good total purchase price to start with?

I am in Northern NJ, if that matters any.

Thanks in advance!
  • r3pr3p Member Posts: 1
    Not as up speed on the process as this will be my first lease...Got an email from a local NJ dealer claiming $109 down/ $109 per month for 48 months...Tax, title, docs all separate... is this is a good deal?

Thanks in advance
    A good deal? Really? 109 * 49 = $5341 to lease a brand new Pilot for 4 years?

The residual on a 36 month lease is around 58%, meaning it will lose 42% of its value in 3 years. If it's a $34,000 vehicle, that means it will be worth $19,720 and will have dropped in value by $14,280, and you're talking about 4 years. Perhaps they charge a $13,000 documentation fee.

Please ask them to make sure it's a Pilot they're offering that deal on and not a Pile-o-**it :)
  • shorebreakshorebreak Member Posts: 4
    Hello 08 pilot, I am in the exact same boat that you are in, same car, same residual. If I understand this correctly you can trade the car with a dealer before or at lease end and use this extra equity towards another vehicle? In short, any dollar amount negotiated above the residual is like cash?
  • s1simpss1simps Member Posts: 28
    Great information here, just what I was looking for! Could someone please tell me the money factor and residual value for the 2011 Pilot EX-L RES 2WD for a 36 month lease for both 12,000 and 15,000 miles? Thanks. (If it matters I am in the Phoenix area and I have many Honda dealers to choose from).
  • budsdadbudsdad Member Posts: 54
    Car Man Please help,
    Could I please get the Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year. It has both RES and Nav which I believe are included in the Touring Model. Can Honda Accessories like running boards or a Honda Care be included in the lease? Do you know the extra mile charges prepaid and at the end of the lease? Thank You
    Hi ayalakay.

Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00181 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

If I was in your situation, I personally wouldn't waste the final two payments on my current lease to get into something new a little early. I'd just wait until the month my lease was scheduled to end and then get a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host