Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Steven. Honda Finance's lease return process is very reasonable. It waives up to $1,500 in excess wear and tear charges on the vehicles that it takes back. I'm not saying that it's impossible to get hit with a charge, but your vehicle would have to be pretty messed up before you would have to pay any sort of excess wear and tear penalty at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jsdilops. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 2WD without Navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • dulesdules Member Posts: 37
    Credit score is 712 Experian (which I think is what Honda uses). Higher with the other two. Can I expect to get Tier 1 financing? I can't find this info published anywhere and am beginning to wonder how objective it really is.

Thanks!
  • calbears1calbears1 Member Posts: 54
    Hello Car Man,

Could you please provide Honda Finance's July's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year?

My lease is up on my 2009 Pilot's and i'm planning to trade it in for a new one. I have two months left on lease but i am at 36,000 miles already. The residual value on the original contract was $18,291.15. I checked with Honda finance and they said current residual value is $20,619.12. Difference of $2,327.97.

Thank you,
    John
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    In my experience, if you call Honda Finance as the lessee, they quote you a payoff with sales tax included....

Just a thought....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Okay thanks Kyfdx! I called them and they gave me the payoff and the taxes are not included in the payoff in California. I still have 6 months left on lease.

By chance do you know the residual and money factor for 2011 EX-L for July?

thanks again,
    John
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Ahh... in your first post, you said you had two months left...

Sorry, Car_man is the one with the numbers...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, my mistake...for some reason i was thinking 2 months. but lease is up in January 2012. Okay thanks!!
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    Car Man,

Where does it say they waive 1,500? Just like to make sure I know the facts when the time to bring it back comes around.

Thank you for all your helpful information.
  • biggamer1023biggamer1023 Member Posts: 4
    Hi car_man I went to look to lease a honda pilot ex-l $0 down sign and drive with taxes rolled into payments. 15k miles / 36 months, the gave me a payment of $475 and told me the money factor is .00101 that seems awfully low for the money factor, are they playing games with me? Also is 475 a good price in general.
    Hi, not car man but see my posts in Prices Paid...just got 2011 EX-L $0 down for $372/month, $759 due at signing. First place I went to (while getting my 05 Pilot serviced, wandered into sales) wanted $448/month + 2K down. You may want to shop around - they want to move 2011s right now.
    thanks and what was the money factor and residual value the .00101 sounds to good to be true.
    Hi there,

MF is 0.00097, residual 56%.

Good luck!
    called al of the other other dealers in suffolk they are all coming back at over $500 for the EX-L :(
  • tlgoldentlgolden Member Posts: 9
    Carman:

Can you please provide the July numbers for the Pilot Touring.
    Thanks,
    Terry
  • ashwenashwen Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2011
    Check out weymouthhonda.com. They have an awesome lease calculator with all the current money factors and residuals for every model. The sale price you see used for the calculations is what their internet price is. This price can used as the baseline for negotiations for folks in other parts of the country.

http://www.weymouthhonda.com/lease/
    Hey John. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey wallstreet1234. I don't recall seeing this fact anywhere online, but it is true.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Terry. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    FYI,

I just received some paperwork from Honda Finance and it does mention in there that they waive the first $1,500, there is an asterisk in there but for the most part it is true, Thanks again.
  • jlpred55jlpred55 Member Posts: 4
    I thought I would post on here my lease I just got from Smart Honda in Des Moines, IA. They were great to work with and I believe I got a fair deal.

2011 Pilot EX-L Alabaster Silver with Black Leather
    MSRP- 36860
    Negotiated Price 32313
    state tax 6%
    Lic $374
    Doc Fee 185
    Title $25
    Aquisition $595
    I leased for 36 months, 12K miles a year. Money Factor .00107, residual 56% I paid for the lic, doc and title up front and first payment. Total monthly payment is $400 on the dot. I think I did well. I got roughly$4500 off and by my calcs with the invoive being 32488 without the $810 Honda destination fee was about a $1000 under invoice. I shopped 9 other regional dealers and none of them even came close. The best offer for the price of the vehicle from other dealers was $33300 even after some hard pressing.

Good luck
  • pghattypghatty Member Posts: 4
    The 2009's should start coming off 3 year leases soon. Should I wait as the current used value is over 27k but the residual for a 2009 EX-L should be about 20k. 56% of 35K. Any insight would be helpful?
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866
    Could I please get the current MF & residual for a 2011 4WD EX, 36 months, 12K miles?

Thanks in advance!!!
  • kaojoekaojoe Member Posts: 2
    How about the money factor and residual for a 2011 4wd ex-l, 36 month 15k miles?
    Here you go dad23. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super PReferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Again the $1,250 dealer cash is available.

Car_man
    Host
  • junobearjunobear Member Posts: 22
    So as I'm shopping for a new car and will hand off my current leased car. Do I have any additional attraction (negotiating position) to a Dealer because I'm delivering my pristine Pilot to his/her Dealership? OR: does it mean anything to them?
  • tsasshondatsasshonda Member Posts: 3
    My wife's 09 ex-l lease is up on 3/2/12. I have been able to get a exl- res for a few bucks more per month, but we see the 2012 is refreshed in the front and rear. Dealership tells me the money factor and incentives won't be this good on a 2012 until next spring. What do you think my chances are of getting the same deal I have been offered in august for an 11 in September on a 12?

When do you think the 12's will be at current lease deals and can I extend the lease a few months to hit the discount time of year for the 2012 pilot? thanks.
  • paulo6paulo6 Member Posts: 94
    Sounds Exactly like my quoted offer of yesterday:
    2011 Silver/Black EX-L
    Selling price $32,200
    MF .00107, Res 56%
    12K Miles/36mos

He incorporated the Aquisition fee into the lease to get me ato $429/month. He dropped from $489/month just last week, so i think this is a good deal considering the $32200 selling price. Any opinions welcome
  • hellmglecarhellmglecar Member Posts: 2
    Deal or not?
    msrp 41480
    sale 38984
    12,000 lease
    residual 52% or 21,569
    money rate .00107
    $597/mn includes tx (9%)
  • zachman1zachman1 Member Posts: 19
    2011 EX-L with Nav:

Selling price $33,545
    MSRP: 38,680
    Money Factor: .00051
    Residual: 52%

Carman,

Is money factor accurate? Another dealer provided a money factor of .00061. Also, dealer says that car is subject to gas guzzler tax. Is that true?
  • njcrv2011njcrv2011 Member Posts: 7
    Honda Pilot EX-L W/NAV silver/grey leather - right under touring model.
    $0 down $1572.00 (title taxes fees etc)+428 first month.
    12k 36 mo. $428 a month w/tax.

I think I did pretty good.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    njcrv2011 - would you mind telling me if your $428 includes taxes? I am assuming by your nj handle you are in the Garden State so perhaps your $1572 included taxes? Are you able to say which dealer you worked with?

Thanks,
  • njcrv2011njcrv2011 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    Yea taxes included on both the down and the monthly. Openroad honda in edison. They will definatly work with you on the price. I wanted the touring model but ended up with the EXL NAV. The only difference I could see that mine did not have was the signal in the mirrors, rear dvd, power lift gate, chrome trim on doors, shades in rear passenger.
    Yes, zachman1, the money factor that you were quoted is indeed correct. I believe that .00061 is for regular leases and .00051 is for leases with nothing due at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • love2driveinctlove2driveinct Member Posts: 80
    How are things looking now that it's September?

I need rv and mf for Touring w/Nav, 15K/yr, 2011 or 2012.

Is the dealer cash still around or has that expired?

Thanks.
    We've turned in a few leased Hondas, but I don't remember whether they checked the tires. Our Pilot needs new tires but we are 5 months from turn-in and hoping to make it to the end without replacing. Has anyone had any experience with the tires coming up on inspection?
  • dickharrisdickharris Member Posts: 3
    Hi Love2Drive,
    Yes, there is a minimum tread requirement when turning in your Honda.
    You may want to compare your current payoff amount to current KBB trade-in values. If your payoff amount is lower, your dealer may offer you a bit of cash for your Pilot (and the dealer then pays off the car and gives you the difference). I turned in my Ridgeline lease for a Pilot lease, and the Ridgeline had a couple issues beyond normal wear and tear. I ended up walking away with some cash from the dealer, rather than going through the lease turn-in. The dealer wanted it to sell as a pre-owned on their lot, so I just signed a lease payoff agreement (i.e., they payoff the lease on my behalf); rather than going through the inspection. The nice thing about this approach is that you can do it at any time without early termination penalties.
  • bspzbspz Member Posts: 35
    2011 and 2012 Pilot EX 36 mo 12k please and thank you!
    Thanks. I was worried about the tire issue, now I know I wasn't completely paranoid.

I went to my dealer today and they offered me a lease payoff, and we are seriously considering it. We'd get a '12 Touring, with the same payment we had on our '09 Touring, and no end-of-lease penalties to deal with. No cash back, but they are offering a fair amount when I look at KBB values, so I am satisfied. And I wouldn't have to buy new tires! :)
    Looked at a 2012 Touring today, here are the numbers:

36mos, 15K/yr
    MSRP 41,630
    Selling Price 38,905
    MF .00061
    RV 52%
    Payment $610/m including sales tax
    Our payment will be $576 since they are giving us an extra $1,000 over our payoff on our old lease. Seems used Pilots are still in demand.

Haven't taken the deal yet, but probably will since we will be over 10K miles and have to replace tires if we wait until the end of the lease next May.
  • zachman1zachman1 Member Posts: 19
    Just completed sign and drive deal for 2011 EX-L with Nav and after market back up sensors, 12K a year, 36 months: $515 a month. Good deal??
    Is this with $0 down? Including sales tax? If it helps, I was quoted $524 for a 2012 EX-L with Nav, 36 mos, with 15K/yr.
    Just saw my old message... I did NOT end up with the Bali Blue, but they were able to find the Formal Black for me. I do not regret getting it -- it's a nice-looking vehicle in that color.

However, I do not think I will go with that color again. With 3 kids, all their sports & activities, including horse shows, it's not a practical choice. Obviously it shows a lot of dirt, but I wasn't prepared for how much each little scratch, nick, or ding stands out, too.

Although I'd love to get the Bali Blue this time, the dealer is telling me yet again how difficult it is to find in the Touring model. I'm thinking of going with the Polished Metal Metallic -- the color and metallic finish should hide more of the dirt & scratches. But it looks like it's just dark enough that when it IS clean (and freshly waxed and/or compounded), it will look amazing.
    Seems like 2012 Tourings are hard to find right now, period. I am on to my 4th choice for color, Dark Amber Metallic. I'm trying to avoid black, white, & silver at all costs.
    Waiting to hear if they can even find a 2012 Touring, seems they are scarce right now in our area. Might have to sacrifice on color, but at this point I am fine with that.
    Here's the info that you're looking for love2driveinct.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring 4WD with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00061 and 48%.

Honda is currently providing a $1,500 dealer cash incentive the '11 model, but nothing on the '12 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bspz. Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00061 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical '11 model are .00061 and 55%.

Honda is currently providing $1,500 dealer cash on the '12 model, but no dealer cash on the '11 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • darkfudge07darkfudge07 Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2011
    My lease is up right now and Im wondering what negotiating I should be doing to get the lowest monthly payments/bigger bang for my buck....a 2011 or a 2012 PILOT EX-L??

I'm really looking for a Pilot EX-L w/NAV if possible

Any reasons to go with 2012 over 2011 or vice versa?

Here is what I paid for my 2009 Honda Pilot EX-L back in 2008 NOV

Do I have any leverage when returning this lease below to get a better deal?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

I just got this Leasing deal for a Honda 2009 EX-L AWD Pilot from Potamkin Honda in NYC

I cant really tell if its a good deal or not but it fit my budget

$437 per month ( tx inc) x 36months

$1000 down includes:

$68 cap cost reduction
    $437 1st month payment
    $450 registration fee
    $45 doc fee

Total monthly Lease payments = 15,732
    Total Payments for Lease = 16,295

Agreed upon value of Vehicle : $30,458

Cap Cost 32,098
    Est Res Value 18,291
    Adjusted Cap Cost 32,030
  • hondapilot2012hondapilot2012 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    HI..trying to close a deal on a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L within 24 hrs....got the Honda Dealer to $355.mo 36mo lease 12K
    was wondering if the Residual and money factor are the same as what I've read on the EX....dealer is quoting me residual of 58% and money factor of .00061.. thanks for any help....selling price/lease price $33,500