Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Lease Questions

Comments

• sandylsandyl Member Posts: 42
    We are negotiating with dealers here. Sales tax is 7%. With 1sts month due at signing we are working on 299/month. We believe this to be doable, but wondering if we are still leaving money on the table.

Sandy
  • felixdacat13felixdacat13 Member Posts: 25
    signed in as my DH..

We ended up with 279/month + tax with 1st month and 42 tax due at signing.
    "supposily" the dealer is losing money, but with 58% residual and a MF of .00051!, the ridgeline was a really good lease deal. We are getting this deal in Woodstock GA. The honda dealer 2 miles from our house was a joke. THey only have 3 in stock and this being "soccer mom" territory, the ridgeline is not what they want to sell. One metro Atlanta dealer did not even respond to my or my husband's email to even get a quote.
  • javaozjavaoz Member Posts: 3
    Hi Sandy,
    Which Ridgeline model did you end up getting for $279/mth +?
    I have been trying to get an RTL but can't get it under 500/mth which is too high.
    They claim that the RT and RTX can be close to what you got but the other models are 3 times as much.
    Thanks
    JohnH
  • javaozjavaoz Member Posts: 3
    I am on the Honda website and with the discount a local Honda dealer was prepared to give of $34,950 with all requested accessories installed out the door) and with $2,500 capital reduction this is the deal I get. I can even get a certificate for this deal and it pulls up the RT deal which means the deals are related but that's another story.

This is the standard deal and below is the Special Lease
    2008 Ridgeline RTL
    36 Months Term
    12,000 Annual Mileage

$593.24
    *Lease Summary: Required Refundable Security Deposit $600.00, 1st Monthly Payment $593.24, Capitalized Cost Reduction $2,500.00 to equal an estimate total of $3,693.24 due at lease signing

LEASE SPECIAL

2008 Ridgeline RTL
    36 Months Term
    12,000 Annual Mileage
    Terms Certificate

$432.77
    *Lease Summary: Required Refundable Security Deposit $450.00, 1st Monthly Payment $432.77, Capitalized Cost Reduction $2,500.00 to equal an estimate total of $3,382.77 due at lease signing

What is the money factor and the % Residual on this Lease Special?
    JohnH
  • felixdacat13felixdacat13 Member Posts: 25
    We did get the basic RT. That is what my DH wanted. On the RT and RTX Honda really does have those great lease specials, but I gather that for the RTS and RTL they dont "need" to.
  • stonejlexstonejlex Member Posts: 3
    I need some help. My local dealer in Vegas will not give me the money factors and residuals for a 2008 Ridgeline RTS. I want to lease for 36 or 42 months. Can you get the dealer cash ($1500) and lease or do you give up the dealer cash if you lease? I have a 710-735 credit score.

Thank you for your help. :shades:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings csufin. The dealer invoice price of a 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS is $28,188? Honda is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck. That reduces the invoice price to around $27,188. The selling price that you were quoted is slightly below this, which is a very good deal. The doc fee that the dealer is tacking on is very reasonable as well. Just make sure that the dealer uses Honda Finance's current .00102 buy rate lease money factor (for "Super Preferred" tier customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing) to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi d0ug. Honda's special lease program on the 2008 Ridgeline is pretty good. It's not the most aggressive program that I have ever seen, but it's not the worst either. I see that you referenced Honda's official advertised lease payment for this truck in your post. Keep in mind that manufacturers' advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat these payments by negotiating a lower selling price than the one that was used to calculate them,

Car_man
    Host
    Wow, javaoz, $500 per month to lease a Honda Ridgeline :surprise: . There are a lot better trucks out there for five hundred bucks a month. Let's calculate a sample lease payment on the model that you are interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL without navigation that has an MSRP of $33,725 and a selling price of $30,097 ($500 over invoice minus $1,000 lease cash) through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $362. As you can see, even if you were to add a couple of dealer-installed options and sales tax to this it is waaaaay less than $500 per month. You may want to consider shopping around with a different dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi javaoz. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00102 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello stonejlex. The $1,500 dealer cash that Honda is currently providing on the 2008 Ridgeline is not compatible with its special lease program, but Honda is providing a $1,000 dealer cash incentive that is. Make sure to take this incentive into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS with 15,000 miles per year are .00102 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • 01tblue01tblue Member Posts: 13
    I am looking at a 08 RTS for a lease. What is the final lease cost say for a 08 RTS with selling price of 27,188, with 1 months deposit. tax rate is 7.75%.

Now if I was to trade in my current GM smartbuy which is $13,795 buyout how does that play into the mix??

finally is there one good site that will give you a good refresher/basics on lease caculations.

thank you fro the help in advance!!
    Greg
  • stonejlexstonejlex Member Posts: 3
    I lease a 2008 RTS last night from Findlay Honda in Las Vegas. I won't divulge the selling price as it wouldn't be fair to them, but it was a great deal. Can't thank you enough for the help with the residuals and the money factors. :) :P :shades:
    Hi Stonejlex,

I am up in NY and was wondering what your final deal came out too. My email is listed in my profile.

Thanks
  • lakeshorlakeshor Member Posts: 1
    Do you know if the money factor is the same for an RTL with higher mileage (17000) per year and what the residual % is? There is a nearby dealer who advertises an RTL, 36 mo,12k lease with 999 down and tax extra for 329/month. When I ask for a quote with 17000 mi/yr, 0 down+1500 in dealer accessories and tax included the monthly pay goes way up to 482 which seems very high. I like the lease calculator at leaseguide.com which seems to support what I think about 482 payment being too high. This dealer offers the RTL, no accessories, for a straight sale at 28582 which seems like a good price. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  • chscofchscof Member Posts: 1
    looking at Findlay too. Any information you can share would be helpful.
  • mattmaltmattmalt Member Posts: 6
    Very informative posts guys. I'm looking at RTL and am wondering what value is realistic for negotiated vehicle price b/c the invoice is $30,846, but the price offered on carsdirect is much lower at $27,456. Are people getting close to that price? if so, the RTL lease with money factor and residual mentioned above and 7% tax would be down near $305. That seems great, i'm just wondering if i'm going to get laughed off the lot at dealership with these #'s in my head. thanks for help.
  • ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    Honda significantly increased its cash-to-dealer incentive on Ridgelines on Friday morning - it was $1500, now it's much higher (unfortunately Edmunds hasn't changed the number on its "Latest Incentives" page, I'm sure they'll update it shortly). For a purchase, based on the new dealer incentives, the CarsDirect price is actually pretty high on a purchase. Unfortunately, AHFC won't let you use the incentives against your capitalized cost on a lease, but they've reduced the money factor significantly to compensate - I was told it was now .00077.
    Thanks for the update. I called two dealers and told them the following: I qual for super preferred credit tier. want lease on RTL w/out nav, understand money factor to be .00077 and that cars direct is looking at 27,456 for vehicle and asked if they were in the ballpark. One is still checking other would not even listen to be mentioning terms unless at dealership. I'm next going to contact carsdirect about their lease. I guess i'm wondering what price is fair for the vehicle (msrp 33725, invoice 30846 and carsdirect list of 27456) to negotiate towards on the lease. i can handle haggling processing fees and know i'll likely need security deposit, but don't have a strong feeling on what bottom line number is appropriate for this vehicle. Thanks for all the help guys!
  • carbuyer11carbuyer11 Member Posts: 114
    It's officially $3500, effective at least through March 3rd. This should take discounts on Ridgelines to +/- $6000. Sales are slow in the auto industry. What a great opportunity for anyone considering an '08 Ridgeline.
  • idahovandalidahovandal Member Posts: 1
    Car Man you posted this a couple of weeks ago...could I bother you for an update? Is the $1,000 dealer cash incentive still in place, and has the money factor dropped to .00077 as posted in a recent post? Thanks!
    Hi All,

I am picking up a 08RTS for $7260 off of sticker in NY. There are some good deals. The other huge plus is they are allowing special finance rates along with the cash back. 2.9% up to 60 months. Typically its one or the other.
    I feel I got a good deal and can wait to take delivery on Monday! :)
    Sounds like a good deal. I'm still trying to price the vehicle for lease (an RTL w/out nav) and got a crummy lease quote of $425 month yesterday. i'm now trying cars direct to see what they come back with so at least I can pit them against my dealer. FYI my last lease was a $400 a month on vehicle that msrp over 45k, so this quote was lousy. I calculated price quote must have been plugging in purchase price of over 32k, when RTL is being sold closer to 27k. Again, anyone have a thought on what purchase price would be appropriate to plug into my lease vehicle cost equation. i know the 27.5k price includes incentives i may not get on lease, so please any help???
  • ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    I got a lease quote of $440 (including taxes) with no cash up front except 1st month's payment for 36/36k on an RTL/Navi, going to 15k/yr would bump by maybe $20/month. I was wrong on the .00077 money factor, the correct one is .00102, 54% residual for 36k miles. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one, just trying to decide on lease/buy at this point.
  • sfnsfnsfnsfn Member Posts: 4
    Anybody know what the 24 month lease rate money factor is? Residual percentage?

Thanks.
    My plan was to use carsdirct versus dealer to get best 36 month lease on rtl w/out nav but no luck. Dealer said he'd match or beat cd but remarkably they promised me a quote almost two weeks ago and cd keeps saying that their "dealer/partner" has not yet given them the quote. Talk about a company wasting $ on a superbowl commercial.....any suggestions on reasonable price. I think i should be out the door at around $350 incl 7% tax on 3 year lease with only first payment down, but dealer was much higher on initial quote. I can't see the lease pricing the vehicle about invoice if sale price is at least 2k under invoice. Am i wrong? any thoughts? thanks
    I dont know if it helps any, but I looked at leasing and wasn't impressed with the pricing. I ended up buying a 2008 RTS with 4 miles on it for $23,800 including the destination charge. Tax and dmv fees were addtional fees. I also was able to get the special finance rate of 2.9% for up to 5 years.

For me and my situation it was the best route, and was very pleased at getting $7260 off of sticker and combining the low finance rate. :) .
    Hey guys, thanks for all the help. I leased an 08 rtl w/out nav (in NJ) for $370 month inc tax and put 500 down (plus 400 in dmv and process fees) Did $45 per month cheaper than dealer closer to home, partly b/c i knew rebates, money factor, residual from the site. Of course I added fog lights, trailer hitch and running boards so i'm basically making two down payments, but your imput helped alot
  • carbuyer11carbuyer11 Member Posts: 114
    I hope you enjoy your Ridgeline as much as we have enjoyed our 2006 RTL. It's a great vehicle with lots of versatility.
    Thanks Car_Man. Basically as you stated I could not get exactly what I needed on the trade. Even though the auction sale prices were close to what I needed...
    I ended up at $23,800 ( less tax and dmv) for the RTS, and they allowed me the special finance rate (2.9% super preferred credit)for up to 5 years on top of the cash back.

The deal was too sweet to pass up with $7260 off sticker and 2.9% FR. I am very pleased with the price and the truck. Thanks again for everyones help. :)
    Hey Greg . Let's work up a lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS that has an MSRP of $31,060 and a selling price of $27,188 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $335 assuming that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. The only way that you would benefit from trading in the vehicle that you currently have a SmartBuy contract on is if it is worth more as a trade than it would cost you to purchase it, which is unlikely.

Edmunds.com has a number of excellent articles on how leasing works. Here are links to a coupe to get you started: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, stonejlex. Congratulations on getting your new Ridgeline. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings lakeshor. Honda Finance's money factors are the same, regardless of what a vehicle's mileage allowance is. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Honda Finance publishes residual value percentages for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

The dealer invoice price of a 2008 Ridgeline RTL without navigation is $30,597. Plus Honda is providing a $1,000 cash incentives on leases of this truck through Honda Finance. So a selling price of $30,097 ($500 over invoice minus the cash incentive) or better is an excellent capitalized cost for a lease off this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey idahovandal. Honda significantly recently raised its dealer cash for the 2008 Ridgeline from $1,500 to $3,500. Unfortunately, this dealer cash is not compatible with Honda Finance's special lease program. It is still only providing $1,000 dealer cash on leases of this truck through Honda Finance. Its buy rate lease money factor for the '08 Ridgeline is currently .00102 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    I can help you out, sfnsfn. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of any 2008 Ridgeline is .00102 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. This truck's residual value percentages vary by trim level and mileage allowance. Its 24 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for an '08 Ridgeline RT is 61%. It's 60% for the RT w/moonroof, 58% for the RT w/moonroof & navigation, 60% for the RTS, and 61% for the RTX. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Ridgeline, mattmalt. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new truck :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • love2driveinctlove2driveinct Member Posts: 80
    Anyone have any numbers yet?
  • gmaroungmaroun Member Posts: 9
    Hi All,

I recently started an all out quest for quotes in the NJ/NYC area.
    I noticed most honda dealers not all will use the traditional method of selling the car. Simply put, they place a middle man who has no power of making the deal or numbers. Their job is to make you act on impulse. Enough of that.
    Being a currrent America Honda Finance Customer, I was able to get rates on the Ridgeline. I confirmed that their is a 1,125 Lease case to dealer that is running until 4/3/2008. Lease factor remains at .00102 or 2.44 APR. (Not bad rate) I expected lower.
    I am heading to Garden State Honda in clifton to work on a deal.
    Keep you all posted on details.
    I have confirmed the new rates:
    3/3/2008 - 4/4/2008 Lease factor is .000832 or 2%
    12k miles 36 month Residual Rate:
    RT and RTX 56%
    RTS 55%
    RTL 54%
    RTL w/navi 51%
    Lease Cash to dealer $1,125

Now you know the figures. The game has begun. I was able to get a selling price for 26,200 from Garden State on a RTX model trim which is off my target price of $24,049. I walked away. I am sure they will call me later in the month either they meet or come close to my target price.

RTX MSRP w/destination $29,135; Invoice $26,449
    Gmaroun,

Try Friendly Honda NY. I strickly dealt with the salesman the whole process soup to nuts.

Email me if you like and I will give your the particulars and salesman name.

I got the best price, and did everything via email. Best and easiset purchase to date!! :)
    I had luck with Khalil at Academy Honda in Old Bridge NJ.....not long negotiations to get to where I wanted (see my post above) I was very pleased with them.
    Does anyone know the current Lease Cash Incentive for dealers on the Ridgeline?
    I know there is a 3500 cash to dealer but it can't be combined to Special AHFC Lease deals.
    Hi again, I just close a Lease deal on a RTX Ridgeline

$1552.05 due at signing (1st payment and inception included)
    36 month
    12k year
    $300.85 includes 7% sales tax (Need good credit to qualify)

If you are in a need for a great weekend duty truck, you must be nuts to pass up on the opportunity.

:) note it was not easy on getting this deal. You really need to have negotiation skills and do not expect this will be your first or second offer.
    You're very welcome, 01tblue. Congratulations on getting your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi love2driveinct. The Ridgeline's residual values vary by term and mileage allowance, but through April 30th Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor for it is .00083 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gmaroun. Despite the fact that Honda is currently providing $3,500 dealer cash on the 2008 Ridgeline, only $1,000 dealer cash is available on leases of it through Honda Finance.

Car_man
    Host
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    now that Honda is rumored to up'd the dealer cash to $4,500, does this make leasing even less attractive? I mean, how can you beat $4,500 under invoice with a lease?

anyone able to make the lease make sense with these viarables?
  • vmcjr1vmcjr1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for an RTL no/nav. site is helpful any new info
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    somehow I get the feeling that the lack of posts on so many threads in Edmunds is reflective of the lack of sales in the car industry. With the cash incentive that Honda is offering for the Ridgeline - $4,500 last I heard - it's telling of how well the Ridgeline is selling.
    Im out driving my new Ridgeline. ;)