Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hummer H3 Lease Questions

Comments

• knuckles9975knuckles9975 Member Posts: 2
    This site was extremely helpful and I did get a much better monthly rate. Better that I had thought I could get. I am in Denver and went to MedVed which has the only two dealerships in the Denver area. I went there and they were not easy to work with and not willing to work with me on any different payment options. Not being satisfied I found this site and read others peoples stories I decided to reach out to Colorado Springs and see what Al Serrra could do. They beat the MedVed's payments by $85/month and were happy to help us get exactly what we wanted. We ended us with $340/month, 60k, 48 month lease for $500 out the door. Al Serra actually said "MedVed in Denver was actually their best Sales person bc the piss so many people off". Good luck and don't settle!!!
  • kenyon001kenyon001 Member Posts: 1
    Carman: I know you will think I'm crazy but here it is can you break it down for me?

MSRP: 33536.00
    06 H3
    10,000 per year 39 mo

Problem is I am upside down in my car 10 grand so they want

$5000.00 down
    $589.99 Mo

I don't mind the loss on vehicle I keep doing this over and over so I thought at least with a lease I would be back to even in 39 months?
  • mtc019mtc019 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, first post......great info here!!

2006 H3 msrp 33900, GM supplier makes it 31900 according to dealer. I have a 2005 Xterra Off Road, 9000mi. They are offering 18800, not too bad there. At 7% tax, tags and the like, they want $394 per month, 3.9% for 72 months. I owe 11300 on the Xterra and intend to roll the 7500 dollars from the trade into the H3.....any advice on this deal?

They also mentioned a 27 month lease, no exact figures yet as I had to leave for work. I said I didn`t want to blow the equity from my Xterra on a lease, they said I could walk away with some cash after the deal, implying that I wouldn`t have to roll the entire $7500 equity into the lease. Is this possible??

With the numbers from above, could someone please work out the lease payment for a 27 month lease at 15000mi. using 1000 down? Also, I live in New Jersey, does anyone know if GM is still doing the conquest cash thing in this region? I would like to know if they went so high on my trade offer because they are playing with a possible conquest rebate without telling me.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
  • bigd9bigd9 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    First off kewl site. My question is one of the hummer dealers by me offered me a lease for a hummer h3 lux:
    MSRP.....35735.00
    Price....29142.88
    399/month 2000 down
    39/months at 10000 miles a month
    with my trade of a 2004 GTO that has a few tohusand of negative equity. payoff is 22422.00 (they're offering me 19100)
    Is this a good lease or could I do better??????????
    Thanks
  • better_halfbetter_half Member Posts: 6
    Do you mean 10000 per year or 1000 per month ? - seems there might be typo in your post. While in the F&I office, we noticed several folders on the desk and we said it looks like you are selling a lot of vehicles, he said they were Smart Buys.

We also had negative equity on our trade. We were also offered a Smart Buy, but we told him we could go as many as 20K miles per year.

Even though GM is keeping the residual high, the lease payment was ~ $200 less than ownership for the term of our lease. Even though we lost 1/2 of the rebate of the Smart Buy offer, we don't pay 4.9% interest. For us, we think we did better with the purchase.
  • carlosc2carlosc2 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I am also interested in current GMAC rates and residuals for 2007 H3. 24,27,36,39 and 48 months would be great.

Also, what exactly is the discount with the GM Supplier pricing? (I am eligible through my employer).

Thanks!
  • ripdog_mnripdog_mn Member Posts: 3
    So i have fallen in love with the H3. Have always loved leasing, but I hear quite a bit of varied prices in what people are getting for payments. The dealer i first talked to quoted me only on the MSRP (of course) A stock H3 with XM, hitch, and auto.

12k a year
    Upfront fees down: 1839.25
    .20 per mile over that
    Pymt: 404

10k a year
    Upfront fees down: 1785.76
    .25 per mile over that
    Pymt: 389

I am contacting other dealers of course, but what the heck? This seems high since the advertised sales pitch was at 299 with 1700 down. This seemed high. Help if you can and greatky appreicated. Thanks!
    Where did you find a deal like this???? I would buy in an instant if i found that!! Is it that different state to state and dealer to dealer? Can they price match? If so, where di you get that quote!
  • bl00dbl00d Member Posts: 3
    :sick: Hello! Please help me! I have Hummer H3. I am from Russia and we have not official dealers of Hummer. But I need information about Hummer H3 wheel alignment for do this service in Russia. Please help! Send it to my e-mail.
  • csmallscsmalls Member Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me how they are now leasing the H3 for $199 with $1600 down? The number just do not add up in my head. Thanks!
  • csmallscsmalls Member Posts: 2
    I just looked on the HUMMER web site and they have them at $299 a month but the commercials that they are running in the DC Metro area show $199 a month. What gives?
  • tjones39tjones39 Member Posts: 31
    Carman or anyone, do they have a low 24-27 month lease offer on the 06 or 07 models H3's? I would need 15k miles per year. The $299 lease offer with $1600 down on the Hummer website seems good but that is with low miles per year. What are some lease numbers and money factor and residuals for a 06 or 07 which ever one is better? Thanks
    To be more specific, what is the current MF for a 24 month lease with 15k miles per year and the residual for the H3?

Secondly, can you buy this vehicle at invoice and apply the current 2k incentives to the cap reduction and lease it?
  • davesedavese Member Posts: 6
    Went to Dew Hummer today in St. Pete FL looking for a H3 for my wife. The salesman stated the advertised H3 $299 lease was for a stripped base model with a manual transmission. BS?????

So he showed us another H3 automatic, base and we told him we had no trade, he came back to us with a $399 mth pymnt, 10K miles a year, and 4K down. What the heck????

The $299 states $1700 or something like that down. Where would he have come up with 4K??

Thanks for any help

Dave
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi 1fastmx5. I'm trying to figure out how much you paid for your truck. It looks like your cap cost is $36,008.87 including $140.57 in fees and $726.30 in sales tax. When those charges are backed out, your truck's selling price is $35,142. I believe that this truck has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of around $2,700, so you are at around $800 over invoice which isn't bad. The monthly payment that you were quoted looks good to me as well, so don't worry about your deal, you did fine. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'm glad that you enjoy this site so much, knuckles9975. The fact that you can purchase your Hummer through GM's Employee Purchase program should enable you to get a good deal on it. Let's calculate a lease payment on the truck that you want and see what we come up with. You never mentioned what model year this truck is, so for now I will assume that you are talking about a 2006 model. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Hummer H3 with an MSRP of $29,500 and a selling price of $26,500 through GMAC right now for 48 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $293. I used a lease rate of 3.45% and a residual value of 52% to arrive at this payment. As you can see, something is obviously not right about the payment that you were quoted. You may want to consider shopping with another dealer to see if they give you a more reasonable payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, cacloss. GMAC's current base lease rate for the 2007 Hummer H3 for all of the terms that you mentioned is 3.45%. Its 15,000 mile per year residual values for the terms that you mentioned are, 69% for 24 months, 68% for 27 months, 58% for 36 months, and 57% for 39 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yikes, you are $10,000 upside down on your current vehicle kenyon001 :surprise: . I definitely would not get a new vehicle now if I was in your situation. If you really want to lease this truck, you need to find out how much you are being charged for it. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. This truck's selling price will show us how much of a discount you are being given on it and how good your deal is. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_Man are those the same residuals for a 2006 H3?? And will they do the same lease rate at 3.45?
    Can I also apply the 2k manufacturer incentive off the cap cost? Thanks
    Welcome Matt. I'm glad that you find this site so informative. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle in when you lease a new one, however you should be much better off having the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for the equity that you have in your trade than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise community members against making down payments on leases because if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, their down payment essentially disappears.

Let's work up a lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Hummer H3 with an MSRP of $33,900 and a selling price of $31,900 through GMAC right now for 27 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $407. With a $1,000 capitalized cost reduction, which I advise against, this truck's payment would drop to around $369.

General Motors is not currently providing conquest cash on this model in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks bigd9. The selling price that you were quoted must not be for a lease through GMAC. It is impossible to get that low a price without using the $2,000 customer cash that GM is providing on it right now. This cash is not compatible with leases through GMAC. So this means that either your lease is being run through an independent bank or this is not the selling price that is being used to calculate your truck's lease payment. I need to know which is the case before I can give you an accurate opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi carlosc2. You can find out the selling price of the exact truck that you are interested in by visiting the following site: General Motors Supplier Purchase Site. You may have to get some information from your company's HR department to log in though.

As far as this truck's lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2007 Hummer H3 through GMAC right now, its base lease rate will be 3.45% for all of the terms that you mentioned. Its residual values vary depending upon what mileage allowance you lease with. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 15,000 mile per year lease. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current 15,000 mile per year residual values for these terms are 69% for 24 months, 68% for 27 months, 58% for 36 months, 57% for 39 months, and interestingly 48$ for 48 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ripdog_mn. You really need to find out the selling price of any vehicle that you want to lease. This is a very important number to know because it shows you how good a deal you are getting on it and it enables you to estimate what your monthly payment should be. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you tell me what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings bl00d. This particular discussion is for consumers to talk about and ask questions about leasing a Hummer H3. I suspect that you will have better luck finding out an answer to your question about wheel alignment in the following discussion: "Hummer H3".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tjones39. Yes, General Motors has special 24 and 27 month leases available on the 2007 and 2007 Hummer H3 right now. The 2006 Hummer H3's lease program is actually better than the 2007 H3's program right now. If you were to lease a 2006 Hummer H3 through GMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.45% and 69%, respectively. The lease rate would be the same for a 27 month lease of this truck, but its residual value would be 68%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Tjones39, unfortunately the $2,000 customer cash that GM is currently providing on the 2006 Hummer H3 is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Dave. Most manufacturers advertise leases on base models to make their monthly payments look lower. This is the case with the lease that GM is advertising on the 2006 Hummer H3 right now. The MSRP of the vehicle that is being advertised is $29,500. As you were told, this is the MSRP for a stripped Hummer H3 with a manual transmission. I would be happy to give you my opinion on the deal that you were quoted, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the MSRP and selling price of the exact truck that you want.

As far as the down payment goes, you are free to put as much or as little down on leases as you want. In fact, it is in your best interest not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. I say this because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears. Of course, without any down payment your vehicle's monthly payment will be higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tjones39. I just answered these questions for you in posts #229 and #230. Please check there for my response. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thank you Car-man.

I do not have the figures as they just brought out a piece of paper with handwriting on it.

I am contacting another dealership (there are only 2 in the Tampa Bay area) Monday as they are closed on Sundays.

I will post the info I receive from them as well as the other later this week.

And Yes I would appreciate you giving your opinion.
  • joeycapjoeycap Member Posts: 3
    Hi, my local Hummer dealership is offering 0% APR financing. I'm thinking about leasing for the 1st time and have done research using the links provided in this thread. Can you use the 0% APR for a lease or is that only for full purchases?

Assuming I can use the 0% APR offer what should I expect for a monthly payment with the following terms.

36 month / 15,000 per year

32,500 MSRP
    30,000 Selling Price
    1,000 down payment

If you can't use the 0% offer what would my monthly payment be with the same exact terms?

thanks in advance
    Here's what one of the dealers is offering.

07 H3
    MSRP $38125
    PRICE $37358
    TERM 39 MTHS
    RATE 3.95
    RESIDUAL .61
    MILES 10000
    ACQ FEE $595.00
    GVT FEES $198.00
    TAXES $1388.01
    PAYMENT $582.00
    DOWN PAYMENT $3000.00
    ADJ RESIDUAL $23256.25

I have one more dealer to go to tomorrow and see what they have to offer in response to this I have in hand.

Thoughts?????
    One dealer told me last night was the last day that GM was offering the special 06 leasing. Is this true? also will the 07 lease be better?
    Well i pulled the trigger. 06 H3 (yellow!) with leather, power seats, 6 disc, chrome pack, xm, tow package, rocker panels. It was a dealer demo with 6K on it. Got a 424 payment for 39 months, 10K a year with 1K down. Not sure how great that is, but I LOVE IT!
    We bought from Hummer of Orlando this afternoon!!! These people are awesome, one of the best dealerships I have ever dealt with, they are family owned also. I received my GMID cert yesterday so we leased a 2006 H3 for 27 months. I think the lease specials for 2006 models ended today also. Here are my numbers:
    $36330 Msrp
    $33,271 supplier price
    $1709 cap cost reduction which included $595 acquisition fee
    $665 driveoff fees with 1st payment, tags, tax
    Total driveoff was $2375 and monthly payments are:::
    $327.79+ 21.31 tax which = $349.10 per month

I think this is an awesome deal and we absolutely love this Hummer H3. Thanks for all the help and information here on Edmunds. Please visit this dealership if you are in central Florida.
  • lookingforh3lookingforh3 Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone tell me if the residual for the 07 is less than the 06? I am looking to lease an 07 H3 and the dealer told me that in 39 months (terms of lease) that the 06 would be worth more money than the 07. I think that he is just trying to get rid of the overstock of 06's that this dealer has and is pushing for the 06. Can Anyone let me know? By the way both trucks are the same, H3 Lux package, for 12,000/year.
    Thanks.
    Your dealer is correct, GM is subsidising the higher residuals for the 2006 to unload them over the 2007. I have a message right above yours, we just leased a 2006 yesterday for 27 months. THe residual was 71% for 27 months or 72% for 24 months for 15k miles per year. The 2007's were 68% for 24 mo. and 69% for 27 mo. However I was told this ended yesterday for the lease specials on the 2006 so you may need to see what the new residuals are now.
  • jcee1jcee1 Member Posts: 5
    I got a 2007 H3 Lux package 4k cash down 15,000 miles a year
    39 months 417.00 a month Did I get a good deal?

John
  • edukicedukic Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking about leasing an 07 Hummer H3. i want the $29500 and with my supplier discount I can get it for $28000. I want to trade in my 04 Xterra XEI4 with 20500 on it. I have a $10600 payoff on it left. The dealer is offering me a $340 lease for 39 months with 10k but they are only offering me $10600 for my trade. Now both KBB and Black Book say its worth $11700 and a carmax dealer in my town is selling the exact same car with same mileage for $14000. The dealer even proved that my car is worth 11700 but he wont give it to me. if he gave me the extra money my lease would be $299. My question for you is what should I do. Should I accept the offer he is giving me or should I try and get the $299. I dont want to lose out on the car but I would much rather pay $40 less per month
  • jchigg2000jchigg2000 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!
    I have been looking at the site for a couple of weeks now and have decided to finally post. My wife has fallen in love w/ the h3 so I don't think I have a choice about getting one. Here's my question.

Would we be better off getting a 2006 that has an MSRP of 36,265 or a 2007 w/ an MSRP of 32,080. We are wanting to keep the payment as low as possible but definetly need 15K/yr. We would like to keep it for 24-36 months. Could someone please give me an estimate...we were planning on putting 1500 down.

Also...what is the GMID cert I keep reading about all about??

Thankyou in advance :)
  • johnnyd5555johnnyd5555 Member Posts: 2
    I made this deal last week before I knew this site existed. I negotiated for a 2007 H3x model. Sticker price was $43,815 and I negotiated down to $41,600. $2500 down 36 month lease. Dealer said the GMAC lease rate was around 4.45. Cap cost reduction of $1228.81 Residual Value is $25,412.70. Total rent charge is $4,602.20. Monthly payment is $604.51 I am not sure if this was a good deal or not for a lease. What do you think? Also I know you said GMAC calls money factor "lease rate" and you also said that if you divide that number by 2400 you get the actual money factor. Do they do this so that the consumer has a better picture of what they are paying in interest?
  • lsulaw52lsulaw52 Member Posts: 2
    I had a dealership tell me that they cannot lease 06 models anymore. I know the lease special is over, but does that mean 06s can't be leased. Sounded odd.

Anyway, I am going to a different dealership on Thursday. Anyone got any offers lately on 06s or 07s? Thanks!
    You're very welcome, davese.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Unfortunately, joeycap, Hummer's lease rates are different than its special financing rates. Furthermore, General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. If you want to lease a Hummer H3 through GMAC, you will have to go with a 2007 model. The 2007 H3's base lease rate is currently 3.45%, which is pretty good, but not nearly as good as the 0% finance rate that is available for 5 years on the 2006 H3.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks for the additional information, davese. If you haven't finalized your deal on this truck yet, you're in luck. General Motors introduced $750 bonus cash on it at the beginning of the month. This cash will help you to negotiate an even more attractive selling price for this truck. Its base lease rate for a 36 month lease through GMAC is 3.45%. So work on getting a lower selling price and the 3.45% rate and you;re in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • squared22squared22 Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: I am going to do this lease thing, how does this sound...I am trying to minimize payments, but too old to be interested in the shift thing. So I am looking at a base model with auto. Not anything special in other options. I have not gotten a specific vehicle price, yea so I no this is hard, but this is the best of 3 dealers I have contacted so far. NO trade, 2K down, 12000 MPY, 39 months.....$340.00 payment per month plus taxes. Then there are misc fees I don't understand at delivery...something about $595 GMAC "bank fee" and other misc that adds up to about $800.00. Is this normal? Otherwise, it is looking pretty descent to me...the lease novice. Off of MSRP, they seem to be discounting around $2900. Any help appreciated! :)
    What you were told is true, davese. General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. If you want to lease you will have to either try to lease an '06 model through an independent bank or better yet lease an '07 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new truck, tjones39. Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed description of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I can give you an idea of what the 2007 H3's lease program is like right now, lookingforh3. If you were to lease one through GMAC right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 3.45% and 60%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $750 bonus cash that General Motors is currently providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi John. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the H3 that you are leased. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. One, they will show me how much of a discount you were given on your truck. And two, they will enable me to use GMAC's actual lease program to estimate what its monthly payment should be. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jchigg2000. If you want to lease an H3, you don't really have a choice. General Motors is no longer providing lease support on the 2006 model. You'll have to go with an '07. I would be happy to give you an idea of how much this truck will cost to lease if you provide me with its approximate selling price. The GMID certificate is given by General Motors to its employees. Each employee can give out a select number of certificates to their friends and family. The certificate allows the holder to purchase a new GM vehicle at its employee purchase price, which is less than they would have to pay if they had negotiated a deal on their own. If you don't know someone who works for GM, you are going to have a tough time getting a certificate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.