Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hummer H3 Lease Questions

Comments

• jaydog3jaydog3 Member Posts: 2
    Quoted a price for base hummer with auto and upgraded solar flare paint:
    up front: taxes $2000(suffolk county new york)
    term: 24 months
    miles: 15k/yr
    payment: $410

I have a GMID number.

Is this a good deal?

They have also added a 1000 rebate since the above quote. How would this effect the lease payment? If I upgrade to a higher model, how much would it cost me per $1,000?

Thanks,
    Jay
  • sschroedersschroeder Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted $480.66 + Tax For 36 months lease. 2008 H3x, $45,145.00 MSRP, $5000.00 drive off. I've spent hours on the net but I still can't fifure out if this deal is OK. When the salesman asked me what I wanted to put down I said $5000 drive off thinking this would lower the payment. But is this a good idea? Thanks. Steve
  • jf7227jf7227 Member Posts: 14
    Starting to look for a Hummer H3 Alpha w/ Nav. and Rear Camera in Northern NJ. Anyone who has recently leased above vehicle please post monthly lease payment.

I need 15k per year, but I'm undecided on how many months I want. What is the best deal I can get as far as months go, 24 or 36?

I want to "sign and drive." MSRP of the vehicle I looked at is $43,250.

What should I expect as a monthly payment, ballpark.
    Please help so I can be prepared when negotiating.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi bktommy. What is the MSRP or dealer invoice of the truck that you are interested in? You can look these numbers up in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. I need to know one of these numbers because they will show me how much of a discount you are being given on this H3. If you give me the MSRP I can also use GMAC's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dbcrouse. If you leased this truck using General Motors' supplier purchase program then chances are you got a very good deal on it. I would be happy to give you a more detailed analysis of this lease if you provide me with your truck's MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure do, imininc. You never mentioned what term or mileage allowance you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Hummer H3 with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 58%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,050 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jay. If you are able to purchase, or in this case lease, the Hummer that you're interested in through General Motors' supplier or employee purchase programs then chances are you are getting a very good deal on it. I would be more than happy to give you a detailed analysis of this deal if you let me know what its MSRP and selling price are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sschroeder. Let me begin by saying that $5,000 is way too much money to pay at lease signing. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off going with a zero down lease even though it means your monthly payment will be a little higher.

You never mentioned the selling price of the H3 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jf7227. GMAC's lease rate is the same for 24 and 36 months, but the 36 month term will provide you with a lower monthly payment because it enables you to spread the large initial depreciation hit that new vehicles experience out over a larger number of payments.

Let's work up a sample lease payment on this truck for you and see what we come up with. The Hummer H3 Alpha probably has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. For now I will assume that you are able to negotiate a $2,500 dealer discount. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Hummer H3 that has an MSRP of $43,250.and a capitalized cost of $39,700 ($43,250 - $2,500 discount - $1,050 lease cash) through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $514.

Car_man
    Host
  • jf7227jf7227 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks a lot. This forum has been a great help.
  • jthomas6727jthomas6727 Member Posts: 1
    I am am 20 years old and have never bought a new vehicle... And I have decided to lease a new H3 Base Model With a MSRP of 33.485 How is the best way for me to go about trying to make a deal... Im Lost.... where should I start... I have read the 10 steps to leasing a car but I need someone to kinda of explain what to do what needs to be said... what dont need to be said... How do I know whether I am getting a deal or not... The closest dealership is 2 hrs away from my home... How can I get a deal and not take more then one day of my time?? Thank you! :confuse:
  • slewis01slewis01 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual value on a 2008 H3, with an MSRP of $32670.
  • jstracinjstracin Member Posts: 1
    You really have to watch your mileage on the leases...I have a high mileage lease I am well under the miles at 501 a month , My life has changed and I need a larger towing vechile , I have about a little over a year left on the lease , I would be willing to let someone take over my payment and they would have a nice hummer to drive for a year or so.
  • oemslsoemsls Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to get into my first H3. I am planning on leasing the vehicle but do not know what current residual and or money factor is on a 36 month lease. The specific model I am looking at is the base model with luxury package, power sunroof, chrome package and automatic trans. I am located in southern NH. I would love to get the info as soon as possible as I want to go out and do the deal this weekend. Any help will be much appreciated!!
    You're very welcome, jf7227. I'm glad that you have found this forum so helpful.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jthomas6727. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

From the looks of it, you have already checked out the 10 steps piece. I will boil things down even further for you. The two most important numbers to focus on when leasing a new vehicle are its selling price and the interest rate or money factor that you are being charged. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Comparison shop with a few dealers for the best possible price on the new H3 that you want.

The combination of lackluster new vehicle sales, high gas prices, and the H3's poor crash test results will probably enable you to get a great deal on one right now. If I was in the market for a new H3 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of right around dealer invoice. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact truck that you want by visiting the following section of this site: New Vehicle Pricing. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,050 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that General Motors is currently providing on it into account.

Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your lease payment using GMAC's current base lease rate of 4.0% and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello slewis01. The H3's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Hummer H3 with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 58%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 4.0% would be equivalent to an interest rate of around .00167. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,050 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that General Motors is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi oemsls. Here's the information that you are looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Hummer H3 with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 58%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 4.0% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00167. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 bonus cash and $1,050 lease cash that General Motors is currently providing on it. Good luck in your quest for a new Hummer and make sure to stop back and let us all know how it goes.

Car_man
    Host
  • rmichaels55rmichaels55 Member Posts: 1
    H3- Base
    - Adventure Package
    - Sunroof
    - Chrome Appearance Package
    - Chrome wheels
    - Chrome gas gas cover
    - Power Driver seat
    - Side Chrome tube steps
    - Roof rails

$379/month, includes taxes
    $1,800 down, includes first payment, and all up front fees.
    27 month lease
    10,500 miles per year

The MSRP is almost $39K and the lease is based off a selling price of $34K, which is well below invoice. Although the buyout seems high at $27,496, but it is a short lease term.
  • addisonmbaddisonmb Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,
    I'm looking at doing a SmartLease or SmartBuy on a 2008 H3 (haven't decided between base or alpha right now). When I use the GMAC lease tool on the Hummer site it automatically includes a $1,750 manufacturer's allowance. Do you know if this includes the $1,000 lease rebate that Edmunds has listed in the incentives area or is this in addition to the rebate?
    Thanks
  • raw4uuuraw4uuu Member Posts: 4
    bad, good or great deal ?? on a 2008 h3 sticker msrp was 37230.00. lux pkg,pwr moon roof, automatic, chrome door handles and mirrors . 39 months with 12000 miles a year. long island ny. 415.00 a month 0 down and taxs included in monthly payment. how did i do ?????? factory rebates were 3050.00
    Hi rmichaels55. The truck that you described probably has a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to this the $1,050 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that General Motors is currently providing on this truck and you have a total of around $5,250 to play with during your negotiations. The $5,000 discount that you were quoted looks great to me. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 4% to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi addisonmb. General Motors is currently providing $1,050 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash ($2,050 total) on all 2008 Hummer H3 models. It has an additional $1,000 cash incentive on Alpha models that have been sitting on dealer lots for a long time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi raw4uuu. It looks like the dealer that you are working with took all of the cash incentives that General Motors is currently providing on this truck into account on your deal. That is a good thing. You never mentioned what this truck's exact selling price is though. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I am sure that myself or some other helpful community member will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal if you let us know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • raw4uuuraw4uuu Member Posts: 4
    thanx for the reply but not sure what you mean by selling price ? the sticker was 37230.00 including all options.
  • aschasch Member Posts: 3
    I am able to get the gms discount, I was wondering if it is a set price or if I nogotiate the best price possible then get a discount on top of that?
  • dangermoosedangermoose Member Posts: 5
    I have an offer from a dealer today in NJ for:
    Solar Flare Orange H3 with Lux package
    Navigation
    Rearview Camera
    Chrome package
    Chrome wheels
    Sunroof
    Automatic transmission

$2000 down (includes first payment, fees, etc)
    39 months
    10K miles/year

$399/month

This seems like a great deal, but I'm not sure.
  • dawnie417dawnie417 Member Posts: 5
    Hi there! I am totally estatic that I found this board!! I'm not sure how "fast" you answer questions, but I hope you can answer this before Saturday. Anyway, I've read some of the posts already and have learned alot. My question:

We have NEVER leased before, and have considered leasing a H3. Long story short, on the news here in NJ they spoke about leasetrader.com (where you can take over other pple's leases which can be a great way to save $$) so we looked and we stumbled upon a 2008 H3 to take the lease payments over. It's in the next town over from us, and the guy doesn't need it anymore cuz he moved to NYC. Here is the info:

~ 2008 Hummer Sport edition
    ~ Value of it was $35,000. He put $3,000 down and the lease is for 36 mos. with the option to trade in during the 24 month. He's in the middle of his 5th month into the lease. Monthly payment is $379/mo including taxes. 12,000 mileage allotment per year. .10 cents over for each mile over.
    ~ The lease is with Gold Coast HUMMER of Oakhurst, NJ. He has 5000 miles on a 12000 mile a year lease which puts it under the monthly limit.

Other info:
    He added chrome inserts on the top grill of the hood along with a chrome gas insert and chrome side molding. It's all black with tinted back windows and black and red interior. Added features include a CD player along with XM and Onstar/Onstar telephone. Outside thermostat on the rear view mirror and mirror itself dims according to time of day.

The only thing we would have to pay is $595 for GMAC for the transfer of title, dmv fees and all that crap. The owner even offered to chip in some of that cost. He is also throwing in his TomTom GPS.

Unfortunately it doesn't have leather or a sunroof...2 things we really like, but are willing to sacrifice that if this is a good deal for us considering we pay nothing down since that was already done! :)

SO MY QUESTIONS are as follows:
    1) Is this a good deal for us? I'm thinking it is for us, considering we are not shelling out a dime (besides the fees to GMAC). Also, out of curiousity, did this guy get a good deal out of it (he put $3,000K down)?
    2) Is there any "downfalls" in doing this by taking over a lease? Anything to 'watch' out for? Would like to hear your opinion on this.
    3) Concerning buyout: I asked him about the buyout and his response was this:
    "I just spoke with the dealer, it was kind of high he said due to the fact of the condition that I described to him. Rough estimate of 28000 (he said he needs to see the car to get an exact). It retailed at 35,000 though." Thoughts?
    4) He said the car is only a few mos. old. Does this buyout number drop as the car ages??? I'm a little confused about the buyout thing. Not sure if that seems high or not and if so, does that number drop?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME. I would love to hear your opinion on this. We are looking at it on Saturday, and would love to hear what you have to say about it and if you feel this is a good deal for us or not. :)

~Dawn
    You're very welcome, raw4uuu. By selling price I mean just that, how much the dealer is selling you this truck for. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. It is very important to negotiate as low a price as possible on the vehicle that you want before you have the dealer quote you a lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi asch. If you are able to get GMS pricing on your new Hummer, you should be able to get an excellent selling price on your truck without having to haggle at all. Dealers make a little profit on these deals that they are not supposed to dip into for consumers, but I have heard rumblings about dealers doing so to seal deals. If I personally had access to GMS pricing, I would just take the quoted price and go with that...of course making sure that the dealer was not marking up my truck's lease rate when they calculated my monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome Dawn. I'm glad that you like this forum so much. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The individual who you are dealing with is either confused to lying to you. If he has a 36 month lease, it's a 36 month lease. there's no such thing as an option to trade the truck in after 24 months...not for free anyhow. Sure, you would be able to do so, but it would likely cost you a lot of money.

There's nothing wrong with assuming someone else's lease, but before you do so you definitely should compare the cost of leasing a similar brand new truck to the payment that the lease you are considering assuming has. You may find that the deals on this particular model are better now than they were when this person leased theirs, or that they just didn't get a very good deal. Only five months in, there's no reason to assume a lease unless it is significantly less expensive than what you would have to pay for a brand new H3. You may want to try comparison shopping with a couple of dealers before pulling the trigger.

As far as this car's lease-end purchase price goes, chances are it is going to be higher than what it is worth on the open market when your lease is up. If this is indeed the case, then it doesn't make sense to buy your truck at lease-end. In most instances, consumers are actually better off walking away from their leased vehicles at the end of their terms than buying them.

Car_man
    Host
    The MSRP on this vehicle is about $42K. I have the dealer obtaining the purchase price in the lease terms for me right now. Is this a good deal? I have seen ads for $99/mo with $1190 due at signing on a base H3 with MSRP of $30,775.

Navigation
    Rearview Camera
    Chrome package
    Chrome wheels
    Sunroof
    Automatic transmission

$1000 down (includes first payment, fees, etc)
    39 months
    10K miles/year

$426/month

This seems like a great deal, but I'm not sure.
    Thanks so much for your response! Well, based on your response we HAVE decided to check out other dealers first to see what deals they have, before we possibly take over that guy's lease.

So right now my husband is at the dealership and so far here's what they are offering him:
    ~2008 H3...the LUXURY edition
    ~ chrome package
    ~ sunroof
    ~ leather
    ~ chrome wheels
    ~It's a $40,000 truck.
    (the only thing it doesn't have is the chrome gas gap. For me personally I'd rather have that than the chrome wheels. My husband would beg to differ. lol)

TERMS:
    ~ 38 mo. lease
    ~ 12,000 miles a yr. (.20 cents each mile over) (the guy really kept trying to push for 10,000K miles. My hubby gave him a fight and kept walking out).
    ~ MSRP is $40,000 but we are "buying" it for $36,600
    ~ $399/mo including taxes
    ~ $1,440 down and that includes the first payment, taxes, fees, etc..
    ~ 59% residual (what does that mean??? help!)
    ~ it was based on 4% int. rate

What do you think?
    I'm telling my husband on the phone about the $1,050 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash, and he's telling him but the guy seems to be dancing around it?! Wanted to know if I was an employee of GMAC. LOL So, not sure. My hubby is usually a great wheeler and dealer, but not sure about this lease cash incentive thingie if he'll pull thru or not?!?!

Anyway, what do you say about this deal?? Would love to hear your honest opinion on this and based on the MSRP of being $40,000 and them 'selling' it to us for $36,600. I would hate to get ripped off in any way.

How it differs from the other deal, where we were going to take over the guy's lease.
    ~ The lease take-over one was also a 2008, it was the Sport edition though, it did have the chrome pkg. (which is only the chrome handles and mirrors. He also had the chrome hood thingie too) BUT NO LEATHER OR SUNROOF. That was also for 12,000 mi/yr. and we would be taking the payments over for $379/mo. (it currently has 5K miles on it) and the guy put down $3,000 on it (sounds like he didn't get a good deal after all, huh??)

SO, for $20 more a month we are getting the luxury pkg., which comes with everything and it only has 34 miles on it, versus 5,000 since the guy was 5 mos. into his lease. Granted, we will be putting down $1,500 if we close this deal, but what do you say?

This is in New Jersey. :)
    Looking forward to your opinion/advice, etc.! :)
    dawnie,

where in NJ? We're negotiating at Perrine Hummer/Buick/GMC in Hightstown.

Thanks.
    Hi there! This is the Perrine Dealership in Cranbury! We have it right now in our driveway!!!!! I'm sooo happy w/ it. We will eventually bring it back to get the chrome gas tank. It cost $238 installed, but hubby will take care of the negotiating on that a bit. ;)

This H3 has a total of $10,000 in options! The MSRP sticker was almost $41,000 on it. I also forgot to add that it has the DVD Navigation Radio....a $1,700 option. and the trailing equipment too (which is almost a $400 option)...which is good for us cuz we do have a trailer. The only thing it don't have (besides the chrome gas cap) which I really wish it did was the step bars (or whatever you call it). He said that they don't come standard anymore. It's an option...and it's NOT cheap. It'll be much easier to get in and out if we had it...but sometimes you gotta sacrifice some things, right? ;)

Good luck to you in hopefully closing your deal. Hopefully our experience can help you in comparison to the deal you will hopefully make. Keep me posted!!! :)
    What color did you get?

We're trying to decide between a truck (the H3) or a car (an A4). It's this whole gas price thing, or we'd have gone for the H3 already.
    Hi, we went with the black one, and the interior is black w/ the morocco-toned seat inserts. Love it! It's so sharp. I totally hear ya on the price of gas!!! The H3 actually isn't "that bad" on gas....well the 5 cyl. If you do get the H3, be sure you get the 3.7L 5cyl. and not the 8 cyl. I have the window tag right here and it says on average highway miles is 18mpg. (Expected range for most drivers 14-22 mpg). The guy we almost took his lease over said he got 20 mpg. My Altima got about 23 mpg. so it's just a couple miles per gallon less we're getting w/ the H3. We decided to sell my hubby's Dodge Ram 2500 diesel and keep my Altima for him. He's sacrificing and will do w/o a truck. For us, it's more cost effective as his diesel is alot of money on gas! I need to take pics of our H3 (should have done it yesterday) before alot more pollen covers it and makes it lookm ore dirty! lol

Let me know if you have ANY other q's. I'd be happy to answer. :) Let me know what you decide! :)
    Congratulations on getting your new H3, dawnie417. I'm glad that everything worked out for you. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new Hummer :shades: . Oh and make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others.

Car_man
    Host
  • aschasch Member Posts: 3
    It seems that the dealer was doing just what you said. He gave me a quote showing a 5% lease factor, if I'm not wrong I read Hummer has a 4% lease factor.
    Makes me wonder if I am even getting a true GMS price! Tell me what you think, MSRP $38,975
    Lux. package
    Chrome wheels
    Chrome apperance package
    Moonroof

$2800 GMS discount
    $1000 spring event bonus
    $600 Cap cost reduction
    Total $34,575

sound right?
  • cadillacmanazcadillacmanaz Member Posts: 11
    GMS pricing is 500 dollars above dealer invoice. If your not sure ask your dealer to see the invoice. Most invoices from GM will show the GMS pricing right on them. keep in mind gms does not generally apply to dealer adds.
  • sportinglysportingly Member Posts: 1
    greeting from s. calif. (n. county san diego)
    h3
    39 mo. lease
    15,000 miles mo.

2008 hummer MSRP-- $33,340 plus hitch $350
    "negotiated" $31,000 minus $1,650 (1,000 spring plus $650)
    $29,359 net minus $4,000 trade/dwn (trade-in taxed at 7,75%.. urgh>)

came out to be $344.00/month -- out the door
    Thoughts>>??? Thanks---- it's appreciated!!!!
  • jadeh3jadeh3 Member Posts: 1
    I just started my smart lease at the end of January 08. I was wondering if anyone knew how it would work if I wanted to get out of this lease to get into something more practical. My lease payment is very low... 319/month but I get really depressed putting gas in it. Great vehicle but I can't afford to put gas in it anymore. :sick:
  • mander30mander30 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the current residual and money factor would be on a 15k/year 36 month lease? Thanks!
    Hi jadeh3. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you essentially need to purchase the Hummer that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. This will be especially true for an SUV with today's gas prices. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: sysop, "Real-World Trade-In Values" #, 14 Dec 2000 11:07 pm. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, mander30. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Hummer H3 with 15,000 miles per year are 2.75% and 58%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • wpbondwpbond Member Posts: 2
    Car man,

A few questions about HUMMER H3 leases:

1. Are the money factors and residuals the same for H3 Base/Luxury versus H3 Alpha?
    2. HUMMER currently has a $5K incentive for H3 purchases. Are they putting any incentive cash into H3 leases (either to customers or dealers)?
    3. Does GM change the residuals and/or money factors when you change from a 24 to a 27 month lease or from a 36 to a 39 month lease?
    4. With no money down and 15K miles/year, what is likely to be the lower payment/better deal, a 24 month or 36 month H3 lease?
    5. Are the lease residuals and money factor you quoted on June 9th (above message) still valid? At the time you said a 36 month H3 lease at 15K mi/yr was 2.75% and 58% residual. If the 24 month is a better deal, please provide that data.

Also, if the H3 Alpha has different lease #'s, please provide those for 36 or 24-- whichever is better.

Thanks!
    Hi wpbond. Here are the answers to your questions.

1) GMAC's lease program is the same for all Hummer trim levels.

2) While GM is now providing a whopping $7,000 cash incentive on the H3, it is only providing $600 on leases.

3) The lease rates for 27 and 39 month leases are the same as they are for 24 and 36 month leases, but the residual values are 1% lower.

4) A 36 month lease of an H3 should have a significantly lower monthly payment than a 24 month lease would right now.

5) Any lease program that I mentioned in June is still the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • foozedfoozed Member Posts: 2
    Has anybody actually received the advertised 99/month 1190 down deal?
    They advertise this in NJ and was wondering if its true or not - I've requested teh same from a local dealer in North Carolina - waiting to hear back.
  • foozedfoozed Member Posts: 2
    Vehicle price was 21 and change after the 7k rebate and some other incentives the dealer put on it.
    I had supplier discount as well, but he dipped below invoice.

the 24k included tax, tags, registrations etc - can't beat that!!

(i purchased, not leased).
  • jstangojstango Member Posts: 3
    I was in Contact with a Hummer Dealer on the south east coast of Florida yesterday. Here are some lease rates I received in a email:
    Hope this helps some people!

Lease Hummer H3

Year Make Model Months Miles Down MSRP E price
    2008 Hummer H3 Base manual 39 10,000 $2995 $30,855 $369.00+tax

Year Make Model Months Miles Down MSRP E price
    2008 Hummer H3 automatic 39 10,000 $2995 $33,075 $389.00+tax
    2008 Hummer H3 adventure 39 10,000 $2995 $34,135 $409.00+tax
    2008 Hummer H3 lux 39 10,000 $2995 $39,150 $429.00+tax
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha 39 10,000 $2995 $39,420 $459.00+tax

Lease Hummer H3 2009

Year Make Model Months Miles Down MSRP E price Purchase
    2009 Hummer H3 Base Manual 39 10,000 $2995 $32,855 $399.00+tax Or up to $5000 off
    2009 Hummer H3 Base 39 10,000 $2995 $34,855 $419.00+tax Or up to $5000 off
    2009 Hummer H3 Adventure 39 10,000 $2995 $35,075 $449.00+tax Or up to $5000 off
    2009 Hummer H3 lUX 39 10,000 $2995 $36,135 $479.00+tax Or up to $5000 off

Does anybody know the Lease rates for a 2009 H3 15 K a year?
    Is there any incentive on a 2009 lease, Bonus cash or rebate?

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.