Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

124»

Comments

• car_luver1car_luver1 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man.
    I would appreciate the April lease numbers for 2013 Limited, AWD.
    15,000 miles please.
    This will help me determine the need for financing vs lease.

Thanks a bunch.
  • surfdexsurfdex Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted $30,900 or $399, 36 month 12/k miles $0 down lease for a 2013 FWD 2.OT Sport with Tech and Leather/Premium packages. Does this sound reasonable?
  • surfdexsurfdex Member Posts: 2
    Turns out it is a demo with 3,500 miles on it. Should I push back on the $30,900?
  • rokmcrokmc Member Posts: 1
    Could you tell me where you received the lease deal? I am planning to lease Santa Fe 2.4 with tech package.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi car_luver1. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Santa Fe Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle right now. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • owtritebrawlaowtritebrawla Member Posts: 1
    I leave in Staten Island,NY. I am trying to put little out of pocket and get a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe sport 2.0 t awd or the regular awd with the tech package . Can anyone tell me how much I would be roughly paying month I'm looking to do a 36 month lease 12k miles. I don't want to spend more than $400 a month
  • akelaonakelaon Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Hi Car_man,

Would you please let me know the May 2013 money factors and residuals for a Santa Fe Limited FWD...36 months lease with 12000 miles/yr also for 15,000 miles/yr.

Many thanks,
    HJ
    Hi akelaon. Hyundai Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Santa Fe Limited FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • drewauby5drewauby5 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man, I was wondering if you could tell me the money factor and residual on a 2013 Sante Fe FWD 2.0T??? Thanks in advance
  • lino9671lino9671 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, Im looking to lease a 2013 Hyundai Sante Fe Limited AWD , FULLY LOADED. Need at least 18,000 miles per year. My local dealer offered me for a 3 year lease $398 per month. However, thats with trading my 2011 Toyota Highlander . The trade in value he was giving me is $24,000 minus $16,000 owed would give me $8,000 back in equity. I get to keep $2500 from that equity. To sum it up, with all fees,taxes,etc 3 year lease 18,000 miles a year with $5500 down is $398 per month. Do you think it is a good deal? Thanks.
    Here you go drewauby5. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Santa Fe GLS FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lino9671. At first glance, that payment looks high, but it would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were to give me this vehicle's MSRP and selling price.

Also, you definitely should not put so much money down on a lease. There's nothing wrong with trading in your Highlander when you lease something new, but you should have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it.

Car_man
    Host
  • gforce218gforce218 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    Hi Car_man,

I was hoping if you could tell me if this is a good deal so I can decide if I should take it. I'm looking at leasing the Santa Fe 2.0T FWD Fully Loaded w/ Premium Package and Tech Package.

MSRP: $34,300
    Cap Cost: $30,098 (includes loyalty and lease cash)
    12k Miles/36 Months
    Residual: 60%
    Money Factor: .00195
    Payment: $385/month (includes FL sales tax)
    Down: $0

Total Out of Pocket at Signing: $1250 ($865 in fees + $385 first payment)

I didn't sign anything yet since I didn't want to cut a check without first making sure the deal was right so the payment might go up to $399 (tax inclusive) since we "were close" and that was their counter offer before I told them I wanted to think on it until Monday. I realize they may not honor the deal come Monday but at least this gives me an idea of what I should be paying.

Thanks!
    edited June 2013
    FYI my above price included the $750 loyalty incentive as well. Even with that and the lease cash I don't know if I can get the price under 30k. It's the $1250 in fees + first payment I'm not 100% sure about. I'll be registering it as a new vehicle rather than transferring an existing registration so there's $255 plus about $100 in other various license fees (e file fee and private registration fee, not sure if they're legit or BS). Plus the dealer originally had an $899 doc fee which seemed ridiculous to me, so I negotiated for the fees to be $850 total (incl. registration). I believe the acquisition fee is rolled into the payments. Still haven't signed anything yet since they don't have any colors I would be happy with.
  • floridaboys101floridaboys101 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man, have been reading the posts & threads & love them, very informative.

Looking to lease a 2013 Santa Fe Sport Turbo in FL sales tax 7pecent

Leather package
    Carpeted floor mats
    Cargo net
    Cargo cover
    Mud guards

Final price was $31,405, supposly invoice is $29,979 is what they showed me
    12k per year
    36 month
    Lev 60 percent
    Cash cap reduction $219.63
    Rebate $500
    Acquisition fee $595
    Adjusted cap cost $29,405.59
    Lease factor .00157
    Mv fee $150.00
    Fl fees $120.50
    Cap reduce tax 7 percent $15.37
    Amount due at start $1500 includes 1st payment

Total monthly payment including tax $395.00

Please advise accordingly, thanks in advance.
  • chudrok84chudrok84 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car_Man,

I wanted to run some numbers by you for a lease quote I got. I have an insider deal and wanted to see if his numbers were actually a good deal.

I didn't negotiate off the MRSP, which I would normally do if I didn't know the guy. He simply gave me a final monthly payment of $316/mth for a 12Kmiles/36mth lease on a 2013 Santa Fe Sport AWD w/ the Popular Equipment Package ($950). All I have to pay up front is $1,678.00 which covers tax, title, license and registration.

Here are some of the details:
    2013 Santa Fe Sport AWD w/ the Popular Equipment Package ($28,255 MSRP)
    12k per year
    36 month
    Residual: 63%
    Incentive: $500
    Lease factor .00186
    NYC Tax: 8.875%
    Amount due at signing: $1,678.00 (includes 1st payment, tax, title and registration)

Car_man do you think this is a good deal for the lease? Any input would be so helpful. Thank you so much!!!

James
    edited June 2013
    Update on my lease:

2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T FWD FULLY LOADED - Twilight Black w/ Saddle Interior

I'm picking the car up at 1PM tomorrow, provided they don't start to play games in the F&I office. The dealer found the color combo I wanted at another dealership about 200-250 miles away and (I think) they're driving it over which I have no problem with.

Final numbers:

MSRP: $34,155
    Cap cost: $30,098
    Incentives/Rebates: $750 (loyalty), $500 (lease cash)
    Residual: 60%
    Money Factor: .00195
    Down payment: $0
    Out of pocket: $800 (includes registration/tag/title, first month, any other fees)
    36 Months
    12k miles/year

Monthly Payment: $385 (includes tax)

I'm really happy with those numbers. Although I've done my research and I feel like they're not making anything on the deal upfront (obviously they'll make money on financing, holdbacks, etc.). Unless I am completely wrong it seems like I couldn't have got a better deal even if I had tried, maybe $5 less a month, but I doubt much more than that.

I have the VIN for the car and looked it up, it comes with some dealer extra (e.g. carpeted floor mats) which I didn't agree to. If they're going to charge me for them I will have them remove those items or walk. Also I'll probably walk if they charge me any type of dealer swap fee but I've never had a dealer charge a fee like that. I've just never dealt with a negotiation through the internet/phone before (negotiated the price in person at another dealership to get a feel) so I don't know what to expect when I get there.

Anyway they're only 30 minutes away so I have no problem making the drive and having to walk if they were disingenuous. If all goes well I'll be signing the papers at 1PM and driving off after that.

This forum was a huge help for me to get an idea of what other people are paying, even if circumstances are different for each person/car/month.

Car_man: even though you didn't respond to my lease question I just want to say you're doing a FANTASTIC job here and your information was invaluable. I'd love to hear your opinion on if I got a good deal, but I doubt you'll be able to tell me by 1PM tomorrow. Still, I'm curious if I did well for the negotiations. Truecar.com helped quite a bit as well.

Good luck everyone!
    Hi gforce218 This looks like a good deal for this truck to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi floridaboys101. This looks like an attractive deal for this model to me as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi James. Let's start with the easy stuff. The money factor and cash incentive that you were quoted for this truck are spot on. That's a good sign.

Having said that, it would be much easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with this vehicle's selling price. Do you have that figure. I could try to back into it, but the tax issue complicates things so it would be more accurate if you were able to just tell me it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the kind words gforce218. I'm glad that you found the Edmunds.com forums so helpful. I definitely think that this is a good deal. Did you pick the vehicle up yet?

Car_man
    Host
    Yes - picked it up on Saturday. Enjoying it a great deal. Thanks again.
  • quantifirequantifire Member Posts: 21
    Car Man
    Interested in MF and residual for a 2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2.4, FWD, with leather. 36 months, 15k miles per year in Northern California. MSRP of $30,185.

Thanks in advance.
    Andrew
  • donuts3donuts3 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at this car, MSRP $31,190, sale price of $29,328, minus rebate $1250. Residual is $17561. Money factor .00140

"Sign and drive" = $365 per month.

I have budgeted $270 per mo for a car. That doesn't cut it. I really need the AWD for my peace of mind, and I like the power of the V6 (or the 2.0T but (currently have a 2011 Santa Fe GLS and the 4-cyl is just ok. Long story as to why I am trading it in)

I will have nearly $2700 from a trade in, but everywhere I read that I shouldn't put any money down at all (this is my first lease ever).

Is there anything advisable to do to get into this car, or am I barking up the wrong tree?
  • donuts3donuts3 Member Posts: 3
    oh and the term is 36 mos, 12,000 mi

Can I ask for an extension to 42 mos? Is that a bad idea?
  • mnz1999mnz1999 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_Man can you please let me know the Santa Fe GLS AWD residual and MF for 36 months and 15K and 12K/year? I am going to get popular equipment, leather and navigation package does it change the residual?

thanks in advance
  • rju103rju103 Member Posts: 10
    2013 AWD 2.0T, MSRP $33,055 (leather and camera/backup assist included) - $0 money down, including $750 loyalty cash, $479/month for 3 year/36,000 mile lease.
    Residual is 60%; MF is 0.00147

Option 2 - 2013 3.3L Limited (with third row seating), with leather and backup camera/sensor - MSRP $35990 - $0 money down. I was told no incentives are available for these models. $545/mo, including tax. 59% residual and 0.00125 MF.

I haven't talked them down, but these are some starting points. Sales tax in Allegheny County is 7%.
    If you could help, I'm wondering what my leverage would be for the third row seat Limited. I have a 2007 Limited that would be traded in as well, but want to finalize the lease cost before going that route.

Thanks again.
  • rju103rju103 Member Posts: 10
    As a follow up. I found a great lease calculator online and was able to determine the actual pricing offered was at their MSRP, with no discounts (less the 750 incentive on the 2.0T).

I've since spoken to the dealer in Butler (Mike Kelly Hyundai), who has quoted me any in stock Sante Fe at invoice plus all rebates/incentives available. It would change the starting price of option #2 from $545 a month to $452/month, without any money down. I'm thinking I could work that number down a bit, with the hopes of lowering my total cost.
  • gcimangciman Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car man could you tell me if this its a good deal

36 Month Lease w/ 12,000 miles per year

MSRP:

$32,205

Discounted Internet Price:

$30,775

Monthly Payment (before tax): $399.00
    Monthly Payment (after taxes):

$426.93

Total Due at Signing:

$531.42

Rate of change = $31/month for every $1,000 down

48 Month Lease w/ 12,000 miles per year

MSRP:

$32,205

Discounted Internet Price:

$30,775

Monthly Payment (before tax): $375.00
    Monthly Payment (after taxes):

$401.42

Total Due at Signing:

$500.62

Rate of change = $31/month for every $1,000 down

im ready to buy just need to know if this its good or should i look for something better Thanks
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    rju103,
    Did you buy yet and which way did you go?
    Also, I saw elsewhere that the residual for august on the Sport was 63% for 12000 and 61% for 15000. Maybe they quoting you FWD instead of AWD or vice versa... Not sure about the Limited residual being any different?
  • dcgatordcgator Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car Man,

We are interested in leasing a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe (Limited AWD) Can you please provide the money factor and residual for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles in Maryland (right outside of Washington, DC) Also, please provide the lease rates for a lease with 10,000 miles, if they offer it.

Thanks!
  • uzairawanuzairawan Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am new to the forum but found the information very useful.

I am in Iowa City and went to Billion Hyundai for lease. They are offering $569/Month with $2000 down for Senta fe AWD limited with navigation for 36 months and 12Kmiles/yr. MSRP is around 36K. I have no idea if that is a good deal. I didn't ask about residual value or money factor since this is my first lease.

Plz. let me know what info should I get from them before you can access if they are offering me a good deal.

Thanks
  • dcgatordcgator Member Posts: 10
    Frankly, that's a terrible deal. This isn't a Lexus, it's a Hyundai. More than 550 and they expect you to come out of pocket with 2k!? They should be embarrassed of themselves.

My two cents being in the market for the same car.
  • uzairawanuzairawan Member Posts: 2
    My thoughts exactly but as this is my first experience with leasing , I wanted to know from experts.

I offered then 450/months and was willing to pay 2K down but they don't seem interested.

No problem , right now Toyota is offering awesome deals on Highlander.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
    "2013 Hyundai Santa Fe (Limited AWD) Can you please provide the money factor and residual for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles "

.00107 and 58%.. Not showing a 10K mi./yr option..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pauly922pauly922 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Kyfdx,

Could I get the September residual and money factor for a Sante Fe Sport 2.0T with FWD (no packages) on 12k and 15k miles? The lease term is 36 months. Also, if there is a 24 month lease, could I get the numbers on them as well? Thanks.
    MF is .00129
    Residual is 59% for 36mo/12K... Subtract 2% for 15K

No 24 month leases showing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nizzorenizzore Member Posts: 3
    Where can we get November MF and residuals on a 2013 2.4 fwd model and a 45k/36 mo lease?
    I'm sorry, but we don't have November lease numbers for Hyundai..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142

Please continue in our 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.