Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions

1202122232426»

Comments

• tetovaritetovari Member Posts: 22
    Honestly I don't think it's a good deal. Go check another dealer before you get it .
  • rubylynnrubylynn Member Posts: 2
    Just curious, what would you expect to pay for Hyundai sonata lease with the figures I put?...I'm in NYC region btw. Thanks!
  • tetovaritetovari Member Posts: 22
    I pay $260 for Turbo SE with 15K miles and $2500 down fees and taxes included.
    $29000 is to much, should be around $25000
  • surfin3591surfin3591 Member Posts: 4
    Hey kyfdx,

Do you know what the October rate and residual is for a 2014 Sonata SE 2.4L, 36 Month 12,000 Mi/Yr?

Also, does anyone know if Hyundai is honoring the same $1500 retail cash and valued owner $500 coupon on the 2014's that they currently have on the 2013's? Or is there something similar out there for the 2014's?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    I'm sorry.. but, we didn't get the October numbers for Hyundai..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• galaxy7galaxy7 Member Posts: 1
    I’m interested in a purchase or lease of a new 2013 Hyundia Sonata SE With Power Navigation Package (NOT a turbo).

This is the deal they are finally offering me after much negotiating:
    MSRP: $27,695.00

Invoice: $26,248.00

Your price: $25,741.00

This is a discount of $1,954.00. Apply a $1,500.00 rebate which brings the cost to $24,241.00. Total discount/rebate savings of $3,454.00. Apply applicable fees and you are at $24,971.00.

Due at signing: $760.88

Monthly payment including tax: $289.38”

I don't yet have the other key variables of the lease contract. But what I need now is advice/comments on whether the above is considered a good deal?
  • johnysc430johnysc430 Member Posts: 3
    looking for this info does anyone have it?
  • mzshellstermzshellster Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I am new to this, but I want to know if I got a good lease deal on my 2011 Sonata GLS PZEV popular package with alloy wheels, power driver seat and interior leather seats. The MSRP is $21,800 with 12,000 miles and 36 months lease. After negotiating with the dealership in So Calif. I got it for $250/month with tax included (tax was 9.75% first 6 months, now it's 9%) and $2400 down including 1st month's lease and fees. They also agreed to pay off the remaining balance of $400 on my previous Camry lease. Does anyone know if this is a good deal or if I could have gotten a lower price for it?

Secondly, my lease is coming due next month on Christmas and I am thinking about going to the dealership and buying it off maybe on Thanksgiving. I want to know what is a good price I can negotiate for this car. I believe the money factor back then was 0.00047, and the Residual Value on the contract is around $12,862 with $400 purchase option fee. Right now I only have about 25,000 miles on my odometer and very minor paint scratch on my rear side bumper with very clean interior. KKB gave it an estimated $11,460 for Very Good, and I was wondering if they will take my offer of $9000-10,000 for it. I haven't really gotten a call from the dealership lately and I don't know if I should go there or not. I also want to know if I should finance it with the dealership or get a auto loan quote from the bank. I don't want to spend more money on purchasing or leasing another new car.

If there are any missing information that needs to be provided, please let me know. I'd be greatly appreciated if I can get some advice and comments on what I should do for all of the above. Thank you.
  • jonnycashmanjonnycashman Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a lease for a 2014 Hyundai Sonata GLS with popular package for $230/Mo including first months payment. Does that sound like a good deal?
  • raderjraderj Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman, Kyfdx, & Michaell,

Three years ago (time flies) this forum helped me get an incredible deal on 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T lease, thank you! Now my lease is coming to an end and I'm deciding between leasing again or buying the 2011 I'm currently in.

** Do you have the December residual and money factor for a 2013 Sonata SE 2.0T? **

Thank you for your help!

PS for opinions from other message board readers:
    -- Would you lease again, buyout lease, or buy new? I'm trying to consider long term cost benefits i.e., 5+ years from now.

Currently in a 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T
    -$0 down @ $278/month
    - 27K miles
    - Residual value = $14.5K
    - Trade in value = $15.5K approx.
    **Is there a way to pocket this equity? i.e., Keep the difference and not use as a down payment for a new lease or purchase?

Buy 2011 at lease end
    - $14.5K
    - Will need tires/breaks eventually $1000?
    - 60 month loans available? $284/month

Lease a 2013 Sonata SE 2.0T
    - I have a TrueCar price of $21,281
    - I assume I should be able to get at least $278/month again if not lower

Buy 2013/2014 Sonata SE 2.0T
    - 2013 TrueCar price of $21,281
    - Apply equity from 2011
    - 72 months @ $320?

Appreciate your advice!
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Is there a way to pocket this equity? i.e., Keep the difference and not use as a down payment for a new lease or purchase?

If you get a new Hyundai, you should try to negotiate a better deal based on the current value of your Sonata. You don't have to settle for what the lease contract says re residual value.

This time of year is a great time to press for a good deal. For example, I saw a new 2013 GLS with Preferred Package advertised in my local paper on a Black Friday special for $18k. And that was the price before any negotiating or trade.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    edited November 2013
    2013 Sonata SE 2.0T 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00019 MF and 57% residual
    $1000 lease cash

These numbers are good through this Monday.. new program starts on December 3rd.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please continue in our 2014 Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.