Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• jxlxrjxlxr Member Posts: 61
    You want to use the 2k to lower the price of the car. This drives a lower cap cost which in turn will lower your payment as well as tax liability. Nice not to have to start off a lease bringing in too many $ but don't let that get in the way of a good deal.
  • emestreemestre Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Car Man! With your help, yesterday I leased my new FX35 RWD! The factor they gave me was exactly as you said, 0.00088 and the residual 48% as you mentioned too for a 42 month lease, 12K.

I leased it at South Motors Infiniti and let me tell you that usually I am skeptical about dealers but these people came with an ok price of the car from the get go and my sales person was great (I think he realized I knew my numbers and figured not to bull**** ;)), thank you Richard!

The MSRP was $50,865 and I walked out with a final capitalized cost of $45,111... this car they had purchased before Infiniti raised the basic MSRP which is now $42,150 (about $2,000 more expensive) and also it helped that the car used to be a demo and had 3K miles (which I didnt mind) so they were able to get a credit from IFS for the mileage... The car has all 3 packages including, Premium, Navigation and Deluxe Touring Packages and it is black/black with the maple wood interior...

My payment came out to be $560.75 plus tax ($600)... I finally paid up front about $2000 which included the $600 first payment, a $595 bank fee, a $395 GAP and some other charges for registration and tag... Since I was not an Infiniti client, I could not get the $2,000 loyalty credit, I would have walked out free and clear! Awww anyway, I still LOVE MY NEW CAR!!! :P
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    How long has the 2k loyalty been in effect? Has anyone tracked the number of months in a row IFS has offered this incentive? Is there any reason to think (other then pushy sales people) that the 2k loyalty won't be around through the summer of 2009?
  • archmodarchmod Member Posts: 7
    Got my FX!! Very similar to emestre above. FX35 RWD w/ Deluxe, premium, nav, splash guards and cargo organizer. Midnight Mocha/Java with 28 miles on it. This was also received by the dealer before the price change so I got about 1200 off before we even discussed numbers.

Dealer offered 45,500 on the 50,215 car. Leased the FX for 39 mo with 15K per year (Money factor of .00089 and 49% residual). 590/mo including tax.

Used the 2000 customer loyalty to reduce the payment and had around 1000 drive off for first month, fees etc.
    This forum was great...thanks to car_man and everybody else for the info...
  • breesbrees Member Posts: 8
    Hi all,
    I am interested in buying /or lease the 2009 fx 35 - is it better to lease or buy? Has anyone on here made a lease or buy deals in Houston or the state of Texas recently? Any tips and ideas will be appreciated Y'all! :)
  • coolguy8157coolguy8157 Member Posts: 29
    I'm interested in leasing in either WA or OR for an 09 FX35 AWD Premium, Nav, Deluxe Touring ..anyone give me some tips or any recent deals on a 36 month 12000 miles lease. Btw I own a G35 and I might trade it in so I will be getting owner loyality of $2000...thanks all! :)
    Guys
    I just got the following lease deals from the Infiniti dealer ....can you plz let me know if this is a good deal or not..If not please help me what deal I should ask for... Btw this includes the $2000 loyality cash and includes WA state tax... I got these 4 options right now...

1) 36 months, 12,000 a year, $2500 down (residual: $27,432.60/52% - money factor: .00142), remaining 35 months are $804.30

2) 36 months, 15,000 a year, $2500 down (residual: $26,905.05/51% - money factor: .00142), remaining 35 months are $819.88

3) 39 months, 12,000 a year, $2500 down (residual: $26,905.05/51% - money factor: .00141), remaining 38 months are $763.58

4) 39 months, 15,000 a year, $2500 down (residual: $26,377.50/50% - money factor: .00141), remaining 38 months are $777.88

Please give me your feedback..thanks!
    Each of your monthly payments are WAY too high. Tell the dealer you want the car at Invoice - which on the Edmunds site is approx 48k. Let him re-run his numbers and tell him you have another offer - at invoice price - for the car through another dealership.
  • emestreemestre Member Posts: 3
    Wayyyyy too high... i just leased mine for $560/month plus tax, with all Navigation, Premium and Touring Packages!!! 12K/42month... look at my post above! :confuse:
    Thanks guys for your feedback....I emailed the sales guy and he has the nerve to tell me that there are no more FX35 coming our way and this is the only inventory and you can take it for the price or leave.... the dealership is Beaverton Infiniti....bunch of crooks... Unfortunately this is the only dealership in OR..... now I'm trying to get the deals from WA state and CA as well.
    Call down to Santa Monica Infiniti. Ask for their Fleet leasing department.
  • sgillmoresgillmore Member Posts: 10
    Hi All,

Need help asap. Looking to purchase a car today. Here is my best offer as far as I can tell:

FX 35

Tech
    Nav
    Touring
    Deluxe

15 k miles
    42 month lease
    first payment at signing
    everythign else rolled up into lease payment

Cost of car $51,019

Monthly Payment $712

Looking forward to feedback

- Simon
    You don't mention where you live or tax rate but I am figuring on average $50-60 per month for adding tax to payment. Backing that out puts you at 660 or so. Deal is good for a loaded FX. If you are ready to sign one option is to ask for that same payment but for a 39mo. term. Forces them to reduce the cap cost a bit. Good luck.
  • rick_j11rick_j11 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to you all for all of your posts...I leased a FX35 AWD last week. Here was my deal:

2009 FX35 AWD
    Premium package only (no nav or other packages)
    12K miles/39 month lease
    Qualified for $2000 Infiniti loyalty
    No money down other than taxes/$595 acquisition fee

Cost $524/month

I was also charged tax on the $2000 loyalty and noticed a $395 diposition fee which I've never seen before (ie I owe $395 at the end of my lease if I don't purchase the vehicle or lease another Infiniti).

Hope this helps.
    Okay thanks for the response. This is in VA.

Interesting with the 39 months, they are trying to tell me that for the FX the better lease deals are for 42 months. Does that make any sense?

- Simon
    The best deals are typically the 39mo lease because the residual stays similar to 36mo but you can spread the dollars over 3 extra months. Once you get to 42mo you are looking at changing residuals. The monthly payment might be less for the 42mo but in general it may not be the best deal.
  • koolbrezkoolbrez Member Posts: 9
    Can you please let me know if this a good deal or not. If not, what deal should
    I ask for? I'm looking to purchase my first FX35 within the next two weeks.
    Here's some quotes I received so far.

2009 FX35 AWD
    Premium package, touring, cargo area protector & organizer, vehicle security impact sensor & splash guards.
    12K/39 month lease
    Qualified for $2,000 Infiniti loyalty

* Dealer 1 Cost: $469/month includes 7% tax and fees, $5,600 down
    * Dealer 1 Cost: $529/month " " $3,600 "
    * Salesman states the above is based on $500 above invoice price.

Dealer 2 Cost: $471.24/month + $4,895.99 down (included fee's and
    cap. cost reduction).

Greatly appreciate all feedback. The salesman at Dealer 1 went back to
    his sales manager three times as I almost walked out twice. Then, the
    sales manager came in to speak with me. This is my first lease. As
    I'm a female...I just want to make sure I'm getting a fair price. Thanks!!
    Car Man,

I have a question about an e-mail quote I just received. The salesman informed me to get this pricing...delivery of an in stock vehicle must be before March 31.

2009 FX35 AWD
    Premium package, touring, cargo area protector & organizer, vehicle security impact sensor & splash guards.
    12K/39 month lease

Salesman states the MSRP for this new vehicle is $45,935 which seems low? Edmunds reports $49,610.

The sale price he quoted me is $40,606. The monthly payment is $496. The salesman wants $5,600 ($3,600 and $2,000 loyalty rebate) and states that's all I need to put down to get that monthly payment.

As I indicated in my previous post...I'm looking to purchase my first FX35. I'm new to leasing. Is this a good deal? I'm also concerned about the down payment. Is that a lot to put down to get that monthly payment? Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!!
    I'm also in the process of leasing...just wanted to give you some advise... I see you are putting too much money down....never put too much money down in a lease.... more than $2000 down is too much....ask the dealer to have the loyality rebate taken from the selling price not from the down payment.... you need to know the money factor details as well...ask them about it....also your FX35 is a base model it does not have navigation, no other upgrades..so the price is less than $49K... hence the selling price is $40K.. hope this helps :)
    This is what I got from a dealer in CA...
    FX35 AWD, Premium, Nav, Tech, Tow, Splash Guards, Deluxe Touring, Illuminated Kick Plates, and Cargo Area Organizer with $2,500 down and including $2,000 loyalty rebate your monthly payment including WA sales tax is $599

The money factor is .00091, residual is 50% cap cost $52,540 for 39 months and the $2500 includes bank fees and all DMV fees.

So total out of pocket $2500 ..what do you guys think ? This is a fully loaded except the DVD....Please advise...
    thanks....
    Thanks for the info. I thought something was up with those numbers! I spoke with this sales person yesterday via phone...we went over exactly what I wanted (stated in my previous post) excluding navigation.

As for loyalty rebate, I previously asked him to take it from the selling price but he also ignored this in his e-mail. I just sent him an e-mail outlining this and money factor questions. Good luck with your leasing!
    Make sure the money factor is .00091 and the selling price is close to invoice or less..you will be ok
    Your numbers look good. Deal seems to be at around invoice minus the $2000 loyalty. The $2500 down probably includes a few dollars in cap cost reduction or tax but not a big deal (at least to me). I'd go for it.
    Based on the configuration of your FX the payment should be around $550 with taxes and fees up front, around $2500. Tax in the lease would add about $40 per month. As most here have suggested I would put as little down as possible. This really makes sense with this particle lease due to the fact that the interest rate is so low (2.1%).
    The FX with the options you mention is almost $50k. Unless there is a package missing in the dealers quote. You should get a copy of the sticker or go over the options with the dealer again.

If you take the sticker, incorrect or not, of $46 and a selling price of $40.6 then the payment would be at the payment of $496 as the dealer stated. The only thing that is wrong is that would be with taxes and fees up-front in the ballpark of $2500. In those numbers I did not factor in the loyalty credit which you would want to use to reduce the capitalized cost of the car, not reduce the amount you need to bring in.
    Thanks so much for all the helpful info!! Greatly appreciate it.

I have not hear back from the other dealer yet about his incorrect #'s and my other question.

I also contacted another dealer last night...waiting for their Internet Sales Manager to send me some #'s. Thanks again.
    I was just told via e-mail by another dealer that I'm negotiating with that the $2,000 loyality is not available on the FX35 for a lease. He stated "M35 that's where a $2,000 rebate is, on the FX35 it is $3,000 - BUT ONLY on a purchase".

He said he'll throw in $500.

What's going on? Did the policy recently change?
    Just received via e-mail from another dealer:

2009 FX35 AWD
    Premium package, touring, cargo area organizer, splash guards and roof rail crossbars.
    12K/39 month lease

MSRP $48,910
    Sell Price $44,928
    $537.08/mo inc tax

$5000 Total Due @ signing
    $2000 Owner Loyalty rebate
    $3000 Total Out of Pocket

He indicated in his e-mail that all numbers include 7% sales tax, doc, 4 years of MV and destination.

He said that he can't deduct the $2,000 owner loyality off the Sell Price due to the taxing in our state. Hence, the above.

Need help ASAP. Looking to purchase an FX before 3/31. Is this a good deal?
    Appreciate any help. Thanks!
    You need to tell us the money factor and residual cost of the vehicle at the end of the lease...unless this is known we cant say anything about this deal....
    Below is the numbers for a no down payment lease with the numbers you included. Since the dealer is asking for $5000 up front, regardless of the fact that you are getting credited for the loyalty $, I am just estimating that $4000 of that is cap cost reduction. If you take that off the selling price of the FX then you will have a number closer to the second set of numebrs below. Since this is making some assumptions there might be some things missing in the calculation.

Sticker Price 48910
    Cap Cost (negotiated sale price) 44928
    Residual Rate (percentage) 51%
    Residual value 24944.10
    Term (months) 39
    Depreciation 512.41
    Money Factor (interest rate) .00091
    Monthly Interest 63.58

Payment 575.99
    tax rate 7.00%
    plus tax 616.31

Sticker Price 48910
    Cap Cost (negotiated sale price) 40928 (4,000 cap cost reduction included)
    Residual Rate (percentage) 51%
    Residual value 24944.10
    Term (months) 39
    Depreciation 409.84
    Money Factor (interest rate) .00091
    Monthly Interest 59.94

Payment 469.79
    tax rate 7.00%
    plus tax 502.67
    jxlxr...thank you so very much for taking the time to give me all this invaluable information. I greatly appreciate it. The above dealer is playing too many games so I've contact many more.

This seems to be the best deal I've gotten. Here's what I've received yesterday...
    same vehicle configuration: 2009 AWD FX35, Premium package, Deluxe Touring, cargo area protector & organizer, and splash guards. 12K miles per year.

MSRP $50,160
    Sell Price $42,440
    Money Factor .00091
    Residual Rate 51%
    Term 39 months, 12K miles
    Payment $536.44 includes 7% tax

Due at signing $2,022.83. I'm waiting for the dealer to e-mail what this out of pocket consists of. I'm thinking that it's the first month payment ($536.44) bank fee,$595, motor vehicle fee ($305) and it looks like $586.39 cap cost reduction.

He says he included my 2K owner loyality. Does this look like a good deal? I've gone back and forth with him three times...he wanted $4,000 down...I told him no. To get this, I need to lock in by 3/31. Anything else I need to know? As you can see I'm a real newbie!

Another dealer has offered me everything above plus the Navigation as he doesn't have the Slate Blue or the Midnight Mocha that I wanted. Here's his offer:

MSRP $52,685
    Sell Price $48,500
    Money Factor *00106 *I sent him an e-mail questioning why it's not .00091
    Residual Rate 51%
    Residual Value $26,869.35
    Term 39 months, 12K miles
    Payment $595.00 includes 7% tax

Due at signing $3,000...I'm dealing with their Sales Manager. He says the out of pocket consist of first month payment ($595.00) bank fee $595, motor vehicle fee ($305) and $1,505.00 cap cost reduction. However, he's playing games with my owner loyality. He's telling me that the 2K owner loyality makes up the balance of 5K that he used to calculate the lease. Hence, also using my 2K as capital cost reduction. During my second conversation he only reduced the sell price by $150. Any advice to get the sell price down? It would be really nice to have the Navigation. Now that I'm dealing with the Sales Manager...and as a female...I'm really out of my league as a newbie. As with above deal, I only have until 3/31. Appreciate any help. Thanks again very much.
  • rufusrykerrufusryker Member Posts: 5
    koolbreez,
    I am not an expert on leasing, and the whole process is a pain to understand. However, I leased an FX35 over one month ago and did not encounter the sort of runaround being thrown your way.

I hope other people on this board will correct me if I'm wrong, but here is my advice. You should be negotiating on the sell price ONLY. If the salesman starts talking about monthly costs or cap cost reductions, you should bring the conversation back to the sell price. That is the only number open to negotiation, the only number you should care about. (You should check money factor, residual, etc. only to confirm that they are in line with the official Infiniti Finance numbers.)

This sell price should be close to invoice, maybe a few hundred more, maybe $500 more but not much more than this. Always ask the invoice price, and negotiate from there. If you are entitled to $2000 owner loyalty cash, then you are entitled to it. It comes off the sell price. Period. End of Story. Don't accept anything less. The dealer is not doing you a favor -- that is YOUR money. You do not need cap cost reduction unless you specifically want this to lower your monthly rates to a certain amount.

I paid $300 over invoice and got the salesman to throw in winter mats. I also qualified for the $2000 loyalty cash. My monthly numbers are not important -- they are what they are. The sell price is what you should be focused on.
    I've been leasing cars for years and it amazes me how hard it still seems to be sure that the numbers work.

The first deal you have seems to be one you can feel confident with (at least a little bit!). They took the loyalty discount off the selling price as they should have and money upfront is average. You were correct in asking what the upfront fees are as there are a few dollars out there unaccounted for. Below is what I calculated on that deal with no money down. Again there is room for a bit of error since I do not have all the facts for this deal or your location.

Sticker Price 50160
    Cap Cost 42440
    Residual Rate 0.51
    Residual value 25582
    Term (months) 39
    Depreciation 432.27
    Money Factor 0.00091
    Monthly Interest 61.90

Payment 494.17
    tax rate 34.59
    plus tax 528.76

The other deal is a little different. I took the numbers you gave, using the right money factor, and came up with the following with no cap cost reduction. The cap cost they gave was at invoice so that is good. I took the loyalty credit off as well in this scenario so the sale price is now 46500. Your upfront fees in this case would be more in the 1500 range. This should be approximately the deal if they took off the 1500 cap cost reduction.

Sticker Price 52685
    Cap Cost 46500
    Residual Rate 0.51
    Residual value 26869
    Term (months) 39
    Depreciation 503.35
    Money Factor 0.00091
    Monthly Interest 66.77

Payment 570.12
    tax rate 39.91
    plus tax 610.02
    Thank you very much jxlxr & rufusryker!! I'm negotiating in New Jersey.

I keep discussing the sell price and invoice price. Maybe the salesmen in NJ like to play more games, etc. I just want to get the best deal I can. The biggest problem I'm having is getting my owner loyality off the Sell Price. Thanks again very much. Your help and advice is greatly appreciated.
    My previous deal fell through.. The dealer messedup the money factor as .000091...
    This my new deal and I'm done
    Umbria Twilight/Wheat
    AWD, Premium, Nav, Deluxe Touring, Tow, Cargo organizer, splash guards ... MSRP 53365..Selling price $47960.
    39/15000 miles ... $ 2500 down, $ 2000 loyalty rebate down
    .00091/ 50 % residual
    Monthly payment 599.54 (includes WA 8.4% tax)....
    Dealer is in CA....I'm flying to pick the car this saturday..and driving back...
    Wish me luck!!!
    Thanks guys ... you are the ones who made me get this deal! :)
    Great. That's almost my exact deal too. Which dealer in CA did you use? Santa Monica?
    I got this from Elk Grove.... Santa Monica, and Fairfield ($300 less invoice) gave me the same deal but this is closer to WA. so I went with these guys. Well I will pick this up this saturday and update the rest :)
    Very nice. Did you find that the California dealerships had a lot of inventory? Any restrictions on color choices? Or did they have whatever you wanted?
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    Carman
    Do you have the April lease program numbers for an fx35 awd at 15k miles and 36 months? Please provide money factor, residual and incentives. Thanks!
    Initially I wanted Mohave copper/java (I used to have an 03 FX35 with copper/brick). Afterwards I changed my mind to Umbria/ wheat...In CA the inventories are high when compared with here....Even the dealerships are many and very competitive.. Whole WA there are only 3 Infiniti dealerships and only 1 in whole of OR. In CA around 150 mile radius I'm able to find close to 10 dealerships which is good. The dealer I got from has the color I wanted so not a big deal...but I would definitely say there are lot of choices and options in CA :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Great job, emestre. Congrats on getting your new FX. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. I;m glad that you liked your dealer. If you'd like, you can stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to tell everyone about them. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jayrandall. Infiniti introduced the two grand loyalty on the '09 FX35 back in July. While it is difficult to say what any manufacturer's incentives will be like several months from now, if I had to make an educated guess I would say that the loyalty cash will still be available this summer. Again though, no one knows for certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi koolbrez. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer calculate its lease payment using its buy rate money factor.

You're right, this vehicle's MSRP has to be $49,000 and change. There must have been some sort of miscommunication with the dealer on this front. Its dealer invoice price is around $45,600. If you are eligible for the $2,000 loyalty cash that would drop to around $43,600. I don't see how the dealer can sell you this vehicle for $40,600. That sounds like too much under invoice to me.

One thing that jumps out at me about this deal is the large amount of money that the dealer wants you to pay at lease signing. I always advise consumers to put as little money as possible down when leasing. Those who put a lot of money down risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do, hbo1ny. Here you go. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '09 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 51%, respectively. The only cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck right now is $2,000 loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    Those are the numbers for March. Are you saying they didn't change for April? I thought the lease programs usually go through significant changes on a quarterly basis.
    Okay, here is an update on this situation, and looking for more advice.

Ended up doing this, going to new york and getting the following deal (bear in mind I'm a VA resident)

FX 35 AWD with all 5 packages

- Tech
    - Nav
    - Delux
    - Premium
    - DVD

final price was about 57k

Lease deal WITH 2k loyalty credit

- 662 a month
    - 662 due at signing
    - 39 months
    - 15 miles

So I think this was a pretty good deal. Here is the funny part.

Got a call yesterday from the dealer, saying infinite leasing rejected wrapping the VA taxes into the lease, or something like that, basically saying, that in VA, the taxes have to be paid up front. This doesn't make sense to me.

Does anyone know if that's possible? So now the dealer, after everything is done is trying to get me to pay the taxes, 2.6k and claiming they can drop the lease rougly 30 dollars a month, from 662 to 630. That general seems to low to me anyway as doing my math they would need to drop the lease payment more like 60 - 70 dollars.

Anyway, the question is:

- Is there any truth to having to pay the taxes up front in VA?

Simon
  • funtodrive1funtodrive1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi All,

Any idea on what the April program is like compared to March ? What are the new 36/39 rates/ residuals for the lower mileage leases ? Im debating a FX35 with the premium package and am a current inifiniti lessee, but im unsure what my target cap should be. Im hoping the deal got better than what I have read from last months since their sales were down yet again !

Thanks for any help !
  • caleasecalease Member Posts: 5
    What's the deal with lease rates on the FX50 in southern california? There are a few dealers who have them in stock, but they are pretty hard nosed about dealing. What are the money factors and residuals? I understand that I can get a pretty good deal on an FX35, but I want an FX50. Any help would be appreciated!!
    It's very possible that paying taxes up front in VA is accurate. Illinois state has this law too. Better to ease in California if you have an address there.
    Virginia makes you pay the taxes on a leased vehicle upfront and on the entire purchase price. So the 5% tax would be on the 50k+, not just the portion of the car that is used which is common in many states. I would check on the amount they are talking about backing out as you stated that they are saying they will reduce the amount by $30 dollars. It sounds like they may have missed calculated and figured the sales tax on just the dollar amount you are using which in this case is 50% percent of the car (based on a 50% residual). If they did that then the sales tax would have been half of what you really need to pay.

Otherwise the deal looks good. I estimated some numbers based on what you said and came up with the following:

Sticker Price 57000
    Cap Cost 51000
    Residual Rate 0.5
    Residual value 28500
    Term (months) 39
    Depreciation 576.92
    Money Factor 0.00091
    Monthly Interest 72.35

Payment 649.27