Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem rubinstein7. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • rubinstein7rubinstein7 Member Posts: 9
    Car Man-Thanks for the numbers. I discussed with the salesman at the dealership putting down multiple security deposits. Each security deposit lowers the money factor by .0001. Thus putting down 5 security deposits on a 39 month lease lowers the money factor to .00006. This lowers the lease payments by $35/month. That is a good deal. However what happens if your car is a total loss for any reason (most commonly theft or in an accident). Would you get your security deposits back? The car would have the usual comprehensive and collision insurance (provided by me) with $500 deductibles and gap insurance through Infiniti Financial Services. Would you lose the security deposits as you would if you had made a cap cost reduction? Thanks
  • jhyoojhyoo Member Posts: 13
    Hey Carman,
    What are the current lease rates for 2009 FX35 AWD for 24 months and 15000 miles and 24 months and 18000 miles?

Thanks,
    James
  • tweepeetweepee Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I'm sorry if I'm asking the same questions as others, but I am really new to leasing a car and am unsure about whether or not i'm getting a good deal. Here's what the dealership offered me today for a 2009 infiniti fx35 awd with premium and navi package:

42 month term
    $618/month payment
    12k miles
    $3500 downpayment including tt&l

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Hi James. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 49%, respectively. You definitely do not want to lease any Infiniti for 24 months. It is no longer providing support on two year leases. As a result, its money factor for a two year lease would skyrocket to .00280.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • tjones62tjones62 Member Posts: 2
    My M35 lease expires mid-January. I love the features but really need a SUV. Please help with the following questions. Thanks.

--The current early lease termination program expires 12/31. Do you think this will be extended?
    --When will the '10 models come out?
    --Is the FX50 worth the cost, or should I get a loaded FX35?
    --When is the exterior body style overhaul expected?
    Don't worry about it, tweepee. I'm always glad to help. The best way for me to evaluate this deal is for me to take a look at what this truck's selling price is like in relation to its full MSRP or dealer invoice price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and whether there is still room left to negotiate. Let me know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenp123jenp123 Member Posts: 39
    I think right now the lease rates can't compare to the actual price you would purchase and finance the car- especially if you are looking for a 42 mo. term. I turned in a lease and ended up purchasing with 10k off of MSRP and 3.9% financing- I put 10k down and my pymts will be exactly $500- its just made more since to purchase- b/c I would have been losing and paying more money in the long run on the lease.
  • eddieb9eddieb9 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man I have a question?
    I haven't gone to the dealer yet but was trying to get ideal for I go.

For example if a FX35 Premium with Nav. MSRP 49660 Then the sales price 45000, I am putting $4000 down, 49% resid,
    .00056 MF, for 39 months and 7% tax

Without the additional cost I come up with: $496.34

What are the additional cost that the dealer should charge me?
  • cfc09cfc09 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Could you tell me the October money factors and residuals for 36 and 39 months on a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year? Many thanks in advance.
  • nickerbokornickerbokor Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I a in New Jersey and am thinking of doing a lease on a fx35 awd
    price 50,032
    42 month term
    15k miles
    Now this is my fist post so not sure what other factors you will need to give you but I'm trying to get a idea on how much a lease would be per month on this car.
  • bashinbashin Member Posts: 27
    Does anyone have a good deal worth posting on here? Also, what is the MF/Residual for 39 month leases with 12k or 15k miles?

Thanks!
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The infinity lease for an awd fx35 prem+nav would be 641 before taxes. Zero down.If you financed the 10k you put down the payment would be 748. Total of 31414. The lease would be 26922. Total of 4500 more to own the car. Better to buy unless you keep getting a new ride every 42 months.
    Hi eddieb9. I see that you are considering making a $4,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. I do so because those who make large down payments risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

As far as what you will have to pay at lease signing goes, you will have to pay your truck's first month's payment, Infiniti Financial Services' $595 acquisition fee, a security deposit equivalent to your truck's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment (unless it is waived), any capitalized cost that you choose to make (as I mentioned ideally this should be zero), and any required taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cfc09. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00054 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00056 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome nickerbokor. I'd be happy to help you figure out how much this truck is going to cost to lease. Is the $50,032 that you mentioned this vehicle's selling price or its MSRP? I ask because I need both to work up a payment for you. Let me know what the other is and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    I haven't leased an FX, bashin, but I can give you an idea of what its lease program is currently like. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 48%, respectively. If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • the_dude1the_dude1 Member Posts: 6
    28firefighter, what dealer outside Philadelphia was this ?
  • drivadriva Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    I currently lease a 2008 FX, lease expiring later this year. This is what my dealer proposed to me on a new 2009 FX35 lease with premium and navigation:
    39 months, 10K miles/year (I drive around 8k a year...)

initial pay of 3334 to cover 1st month, taxes (said to be 1970), and bank fee (said to be 795). No cap cost reduction.

$560/month.

Is this a good deal? Is there any other questions I have to ask? I think infiniti bank charges 595... Could there be something weird there?

Thanks
    Awd or rwd? The only $ I would pay oop would be the 560 1st payment. Roll the rest into the lease. Another $70 or so per month.
  • drivadriva Member Posts: 2
    AWD. Is it a good deal? Anything else I should ask/bargain?
    The only way to truly judge this deal is to know msrp and your actual cost. Then post what the money factor and residual numbers are. The big factor is the negotiated price. My figures show $512 per month. Mf -- .00054 res 49% --- msrp 47k sell 43k 39 months but you should get a better price with loyalty bonus. I would shoot for 40k sale and see what happens. That would bring the payment to $467. Of course if it has the premium pack as well then it's more. The infinity promotion is 539 for 39 -- 4k down. You should do better than that.
  • nickerbokornickerbokor Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I was able to get a good deal from a corporate discount and I am going to the dealer this week but trying to get a deal but don't want to be cheated. Thank you for any help you can give me it is really appreciated. Looking for 15k miles a year and the price $43,139 is the invoice pricing of course not including taxes and fees so I'm wondering what the lease monthly on that would be. Not sure of the other numbers but looking for a estimate. Thanks in advance.
  • two50mantwo50man Member Posts: 7
    Hey Car Man,
    I'm interested in leasing an Infiniti FX35. The deal given to me on a new 2009 with AWD, Premium, Navigation with MSRP of $50,220 is sales price of $46,625, payment of $661/month for 39 months, 15,000 miles/year with $1,000 OOP including 1st month payment.

I live in VA so 3% sales tax payable upfront is rolled into cap cost. Do you think this is a good deal?

Thanks.
  • jrphilfanjrphilfan Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased a FX35 AWD with Premium, Navigation, splash guards, cargo organizer, wheel locks + first year of basic servicing included (oil changes, tire rotation). $40600 + tax, title. MSRP with options was near $51k. Bought from local NY-area dealer (went to them last) as I wanted to buy local (<5 miles from my home).
  • cassy1028cassy1028 Member Posts: 8
    Hey Carman. My current 08 lease is up in om 12/7 month, and Im looking to buy or maybe lease the 2010. Infiniti has lease/purchase deals for the 09 which they've been running since July, but not the 10 yet. My question is, as a rule of thumb, will Infiniti offer some kind of incentive program at the end of the year on the new models, and if so, will they do it in November or wait till December? I got my 08 on 11/30/07 and they were running specials on the new models so I was wondering if this was something that was a regular occurance.
  • smithmadsmithmad Member Posts: 19
    I am considering leasing an FX35 FWD if anyone received a really good deal in the Los Angeles area? I am trying to figure what the going money factors are right now and what the cost of the car should be and the residual value. I have a little time as my lease on my BMW is up in Feb. Should I get the 2009 now or wait until the 2010 comes out? If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks
    Hey nickerbokor. OK, so if I have this right, you are considering leasing a 2009 Infiniti FX35 AWD that has an MSRP of $50,032 and a selling price of $43,139 for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year.

Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, the lease outlined above would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $520.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi two50man. The FX35 that you described probably has a spread of a little over $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the selling price that you were quoted at $400 to $500 over invoice. As long as you're not a loyal Infiniti customer who qualifies for the $2,000 loyalty cash that is currently available on this model, this is a very good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer uses Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00038 (for this trim level and term) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cassy1028. Infiniti already has a decent level of support on the 2010 FX. Through the end of the year, it is offering 0.0% to 3.9% financing or $4,000 dealer cash or a special lease program on the '10 FX35.

As I said, these offers are scheduled to run through the end of the year. I don't anticipate Infiniti making any significant revisions to them in December, but one never knows for certain what an automaker will do.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi smithmad. The 2010 FX should already be at dealers. If I was in the market for an FX35 right now, I would comparison shop with several dealers and shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible. You can look up the exact invoice price for the model that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

As far as the FX's lease program goes, here's some sample numbers for you. Let me know if you are interested in a different trim level, term, or mileage allowance.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 FX35 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00030 and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00171 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man,

I am trying to determine if there is a benefit in getting the 2010 vs 2009. Its a new car regardless. I am pretty simple, I will end up with probably the FX35 FWD with Premium pacakge. Thanks for the information as it is a good starting point for me. I still have 2 1/2 months before my current lease is up so I am trying to get an early start. Any other advise would be appreciated.
  • ruperttenmaruperttenma Member Posts: 26
    4K on the 2010s. Wow. I hadn't heard that. It's been hard enough to find confirmation of the 5K on the 09s, but I haven't seen anything about 10s. That makes shopping the next month much more interesting….
  • kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    My dealer quoted me the following for a 2009 FX35 RWD with premium package, mudguards, cargo. This includes $2000 loyalty, 7% taxes rolled in. first payment due at signing. Carman, let me know if this looks good.

2009 FX35 Premium, Cargo, SplashGuards

36 month lease $579. 15K miles $2,000. lease loyalty
    39 month lease $552. 15K miles $2,000. lease loyalty
    Based on 7% sales tax 15k miles, 1st payment due at signing, -0- Security Deposit, 700+ Credit Score
  • bob296bob296 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman:

I am in the market for a lease on a 2009 or 2010 FX35 with Nav and Premium (My guess is that the MSRP would be in the $50,000 range), 36 months, 17,000 miles/yr, Philadelphia area. What price range of monthly lease payments should I shoot for when I go to the dealer? Thanks!
    Hello Carman, I got a deal on a FX35 RWD 2010 FX35 with Premium package. MSRP $45,980; sales price $39,815 with 15k miles per year. Out of pocket $1240. Total payment without tax is $551. Factors is 0.00182 and residual is 51%. Is this a good deal? They say this special ends on the 30th of the month. Please let me know if you think it is good or I can do better. I am in Los Angeles.
  • kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    SmithMad,
    I got a quote for $559 for 2009 FX 35 RWD with premium pkg for 39 months with taxes rolled in (7%), no sec deposit, 15K a mile. first month payment is the only out of pocket. This includes $2K lease loyalty, no security deposit. I am a current Infiniti customer. I do not remember the residual or money factor.
  • infinitiluvinfinitiluv Member Posts: 16
    Hi CarMan, I'm interested in a 2009 or 2010 fx35 premium w/ deluxe touring pkg. I have access to VPP pricing which is 1.9% below invoice. Can you give me the money factor, residual and lease payments on 36 and 39 months on a 20K mi lease? I'm in a current infiniti lease and can take advantage of the current loyalty incentive as well. Appreciate the help!
  • infinitiluvinfinitiluv Member Posts: 16
    Nice negotiating on price! Did you finance or lease and what are your payments?
  • bob296bob296 Member Posts: 2
    Carman: Never mind, don't need you to answer as it's too late. The Infiniti dealers in West Chester, PA and Willow Grove, PA were offering lousy deals on both the 2009 and 2010's. They are very full of themselves and must be doing just fine in this economy. We went with a 2010 ML350 instead. Infiniti dealers around here are just fooling with people.
  • sarmssarms Member Posts: 8
    I got an ad in the mail for a 39 month lease for $539 a month with $3,999 down, just exactly how far off are these numbers for what I should be able to get a lease for, I'm located in Clearwater, FL. Thanks in advance!
  • hobberhobber Member Posts: 1
    Hey,
    Just recently looked at a 2010 FX35 AWD with Premium, Deluxe and Navigation. MSRP was $52,855. Dealer told me he would take $3k off sticker. Residual was 53%, MF .00186 on a 39 month lease 12k/yr, $1500 down. I live in Pa, so tax was 9%. Payment I was quoted was $775/mth. Can anyone help me out here?
  • sympl123sympl123 Member Posts: 8
    Cross-posting this from G37 lease forum. Want to hear some info from other folks that used MSD with IFS before and whether there were any issues getting it back afterwards. We are getting really close to suing these suckers. Thanks!

We ended our G35 lease at the end of september and are waiting to get back our MSD (multiple security deposit) from the IFS. So far we were unsuccessful. Every time we call another representative tells us the account is going to be released and the check will be sent in 3-5 bus days (which is obviously not true, as it has been going on for almost 2 months now). Getting a manager on the phone is simply impossible. We are starting to think of suing the IFS.
    Question: did anyone else have these problems or are people generally getting their MSDs back expeditiously.
    For any new leasers out there considering this option - something to be aware of...
    I got the same offer in an email from a salesman, but with 3k down. It's for a 2010 with premium and navigation.
  • iveyboundiveybound Member Posts: 13
    trying to figure out a reasonable payment for a 3 year 12,000 mile lease,

MSRP $45,900
    negotiated price $42,500 (what's a good number to shoot for, I was thinking between $3,000 and $4,000 below MSRP)
    Residual 52%
    Money factor .00235 (I thought this was set at .00171, will they be willing to bend with this number or is it set?)

Any help or feedback would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    The Infiniti web site lists that lease offer for 09s only (3999 down, 539/39mos.) Dealerships must have some flexibility b/c the salesman who contacted me said 3k down, same terms, on 10.
  • iveyboundiveybound Member Posts: 13
    Hobber, I've been looking and trying to figure out payments myself, I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, so maybe somebody that knows can help out. The way I think you do it is.

you take your sales price which is $49,855 - $1,500 down = $48,355 you subtract that from your residual value (MSRP x 53%) $52,855 x .53 = $28,013.15 divided by lease term (39), so the formula should be $48,355 - $28,013 = $20,342 divvided by 39 = $521.59, this is your Depreciation price

then you take your sales price $48,355 and add your Residual value $28,013.15 and mulitply by your money factor .00186, so the formula would be $48,355 + $28,013.15 = $76,368.15 X .00186 = $142.04, this is your finance price.

you add your depreciation price and finance price $521.59 + $142.04 = $663.63 should be your price, with 9% tax it's an extra $59.73 for a total of $723.36

I don't know if this is how you do it or not, been searching the web and think it might be, I'm sure I'm off but I don't think it's that much. Let me add that $1,500 just might cover your DMV and other fee's, so you might not factor that in, in that case your sales price would be $49,855. Anybody know if this is right?
  • fx35roxfx35rox Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    I have just purchased a new 2010 FX35 and are looking for a current owner who has not redeemed their code to team-up for the Amex gift card incentive.
    Please send me an email to meka2000@gmail.com the following info:

Infiniti will send you a $150.00 owner recomendation rewards card (AMEX)

Owner redemption code
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

If you want I can provide the info or I can submit with your info if you wish.
    http://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html

Thanks

Looking for AMEX Teamup
    Hi Bob. Let's work up a sample lease payment on the truck that you're interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Infiniti FX35 AWD that has an MSRP of $49,515 and a selling price of $46,510 ($1,000 over invoice...you may be able to do better than that) through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $689.

I worked up a payment for a 15,000 mile per year lease because that is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than to pay an excess mileage penalty at lease-end.

If you are eligible for the $2,000 loyalty cash that is available on this model or are able to negotiate a lower selling price, naturally your monthly payment would be lower than the one that I came up with.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi smithmad. Yes, this does indeed look like a good deal. You negotiated one heck of a discount on this truck.

Car_man
    Host