Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• grossiegrossie Member Posts: 41
    You'll have to check with the dealer. In Illinois gap insurance is covered automatically. Most leases are closed-ended, I'd be shocked if it was otherwise.
  • grossiegrossie Member Posts: 41
    Giving back to the forums:

I closed my deal today at Fields in Glencoe, Illinois. Basically I got the fx35 awd premium at invoice(minus the $1000 loyalty bonus). 52%, 0.00092, 39mos/10k miles. The way the $1000 came off was after the state tax was computed. Easy deal, great people to deal with.

I've actually had the car since last Wednesday (some paperwork issues to deal with that only got sorted out today), and I love it. Biggest pluses vs my 08 model are: better audio (by far), much faster out of the gate, nicer driving feel, great cooled seats (key in the summer in Chicago), aux cable for radio (been listening to Pandora off my BB). Biggest minuses are that while it's slightly longer on the exterior the cabin is actually slightly smaller for all parties (front, rear, cargo), and sightlines aren't quite as good as my 08, but maybe I need to get used to that. Price went up quite a bit over the last couple of years, so I guess that's a negative too.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    edited June 2010
    what happens if I don't have gap insurance? (If the insurance company determines the car's depreciated market value at the time of the accident was less than I owed the lessor at that time, does the insurance company only pay its calculated amount to the lessor and I'd be required to pay the difference?)

That's exactly what happens without GAP insurance... But, check your lease paperwork, or call IFS.. Many leasing banks (especially captive manufacturer finance companies) include GAP with every lease (Honda and BMW for example.... Toyota does not).. So, you may already have it.

Did your insurance agent quote an amount? Usually, your own insurance agent is the cheapest place to get GAP, if they offer it..

And.. you most certainly have a closed-end lease, if it is through IFS..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, grossie.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • rawbombrawbomb Member Posts: 22
    Does anyone know what the current July rates for the fx are?
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    The navigation system in my 2010 FX50 seems extremely sluggish as compared to my 2008 M45's nav. All the various controls - from checking tire pressure and fuel economy to setting a destination - is noticeably slower on the FX50.

Also, when I set a destination and then check "traffic on route," I frequently get a message that no traffic data is available. And if nearby or on-route data actually does load, it usually takes from 20 seconds to 3 minutes.

I've also never seen green "traffic flowing" line items on the FX50 on a route, only yellow or red when congestion is near. And it seems like I rarely get traffic for the entire route.

That is in sharp contrast to my M45, which will download traffic data almost immediately after I've begun my route, and even give me a verbal warning if any congestion is noted along the route. (I never get a message on my M45 that traffic data isn't available if I've set a route that includes a highway.) On my M45, I always see the portions of the route that are green, and see traffic right up 'til the last highway exit. (It almost seems like the FX50 says "data not available" when a portion of the route is green with traffic flowing, which I sure hope isn't an intentional "upgrade" from the 2008 nav systems!)

If anyone else has experienced a sluggish nav system or had their XM NavTraffic act this strangely, please let me know so I can determine if this is just how the 2010 FX system works, or if I should be making a big stink at the dealership.

I've confirmed with XM that I have XM NavTraffic Premium, and the dealership has already "rebooted" my system once.

Thank you, everyone!
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    Quick follow-up with another problem - certain addresses are not recognized correctly by the nav system. Try this with your nav system: set the destination for 355 S. Grand Avenue in Los Angeles, CA. Now compare that location (which incorrectly shows as San Pedro, CA in our system) with a search for "place" KPMG in Los Angeles, CA (the business at 355 S. Grand Ave in LA) which correctly shows its location as downtown Los Angeles.

The problem is that there are no less than SIX addresses in Los Angeles county for 355 S. Grand Avenue (Los Angeles - 90071, Los Angeles - 90003, South Pasadena - 91105, San Pedro - 90731, West Covina - 91791, and Glendora - 91741), and the nav system is arbitrarily selecting the San Pedro address as "Los Angeles" (to the EXCLUSION of the real Los Angeles address) without giving the driver an option to select any of the other five Los Angeles locations of 355 S. Grand Ave.

We've tried entering the address multiple ways (by city first, then street number, then street; or by just 355 Grand Ave; etc.), and every time, the nav system substitutes San Pedro for Los Angeles for this address.

Same thing happens with Disney Hall, Ahmanson Theatre, or any other address on Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles!
    Hi rawbomb. I have seen Infiniti's July lease program and I would be happy to help you out. The FX's lease program varies by term, trim level, and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so for now I will have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00041 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    It would be for top tier 10k and which ever length had the better rate. I know last month, 42 month was the better deal at .00096 I believe.
    Thanks
    Also I was looking at a rwd fx35
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the additional information, rawbomb. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2010 FX35 RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00062 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks alot! I see they dropped the money factor but also dropped the risidual down to 46% from 49%. Don't know if that makes it better or worse.
  • nvorcenvorce Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering if anyone knew what the money factor and residual for a 2010 fx 35 awd 15k per year 39 months.
    Thanks
  • geojregeojre Member Posts: 12
    Could you provide me with the residual for 36mo 10k? I am assuming that the money factor would be the same as the 36mo 15k program listed above .00041
    You're very welcome, rawbomb. Banks often drop vehicles' residual values a the beginning of new quarter. The manufacturer then in turn has to lower its money factors in an effort to keep its vehicles' payments at least somewhat similar.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nvorce. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00057 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi geojre. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00041 and I believe 48%, respectively.

IFS used to add 2% to its 15,000 mile per year residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but I recently heard that it might have switched its low milage adder for 10k leases to 3%.

Car_man
    Host
  • g35_maniag35_mania Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2010
    Car_Man,

You are all over these forums. Thanks for your input. My question.

Whats is the Residual and MF for a 2011 FX35 RWD for 36 and 39 mos programs 12k)?

I was quoted:

47% residual and 0.00096 for a 39 mos 12k lease

:P
    Cheers,
    Ed
    You're welcome, Ed. I try :).

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 FX35 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00038 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00054 and 48%.

I have not seen any information on the 2011 FX. I don't think that Infiniti has published anything for it yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • carinatlcarinatl Member Posts: 7
    Car Man,

I am looking to lease an FX35. Knowing that the 2011 is expected to come out at the end of the month I am wondering if I will get a better deal on a 2010 or waiting for a 2011?

I am located in Boston, MA am looking for 36-39mo lease with the Premium and Navigation packages on a AWD. I will put up to $4,000 down. I need 12k miles per year. What should I expect to pay?
    Hi carinatl. Right now Infiniti's lease program on the 2010 FX35 is slightly more attractive than its program on the 2011 model. And that's strictly talking about their money factors and residual values.

If one adds in the $1,000 bonus cash that is available on the '10 FX35 and the fact that dealers will likely be more willing to discount the '10 to get rid of their leftovers the 2010 FX is clearly the better deal at this point.

If you provide me with the full MSRP and an approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact model that you want, I will be happy to work up a sample lease payment on it for you. You can find that pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • oclin627oclin627 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car-Man

Have the lease rates for 2010 FX35 RWD, 12,000 miles changed from August rates?

Or are they still .00038 and 49% for September as well.

Thanks!
  • oclin627oclin627 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man

For 2010 FX35, RWD, i have negotiated following:

MSRP: 48,525
    Negotiated Sales Price: 39,789

What monthly lease payment should i expect if i put min down.

Thanks
  • verikpverikp Member Posts: 1
    Car-Man: First you da-man for helping all of car buying novices!

I have been quoted the following numbers for a 39 month/15k miles FX 35 with premium and navigation. MSRP of $50,110...selling price of $46,000...$ rate of .00039....residual 46%. $1596 due on delivery plus I get $1000 for infinit loyalty and I'm told that the paperwork will show $2596 due at delivery but infiniti "pays" the $1000 of it. This is a lease in PA where the sales tax is 6%. I hope I gave you enough info.

The monthly payment I have been quoted using these figures is $642/mo.

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL? Doesn't sound like it to me but would like your expert opinion.

Thanbks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    Just a heads up..

PA taxes leases for an extra 3%.. If your rate is 6%, it will be 9% on a lease in PA.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lease4lifelease4life Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I am interested in leasing the FX35 AWD for a 2 year lease term. Would anyone have any clue as to what the residual % is and the money factor as well.

In advance of your help, thank you!

David.
  • izmirianizmirian Member Posts: 49
    Hi everyone

Just leased an FX35 and love it. I have a 5 series bmw as well and this is no less than the german cars. I got a pretty good deal too. I paid only the first monthly payment 525 and 525 for 39 months. I think it's pretty good. I it's 9K below msrp of 47K. I'll post the details for the lease contract soon. I live in Northern Virginia and the dealer was Passport Infiniti. I can hook you up with my sales guy if you want. Just let me know. :)
    Hi oclin627. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Infiniti FX35 RWD that has an MSRP of $48,525 and a selling price of $39,789 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $496.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks verikp. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. Let's move on to the selling price. The FX that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That's right around the discount that you were quoted, putting your selling price at around invoice. As long as the dealer takes the $1,000 into account as well, this is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings David. Unfortunately Infiniti is no longer providing support on two year leases. If you really want to lease one, you will be much better off going with a three year deal.

Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • lease4lifelease4life Member Posts: 6
    Car-Man, thank you for your input, really appreciate it.

I reside in Nassau county New York, and I feel that I am being bamboozled by some of the dealerships out here.

I've been watching peoples posts on this forum, and was wondering if anyone knows of a dealership within reasonable proximity to Long Island New York, of a dealership that is willing to lease the FX35 with Nav and Premium package for $550 (tax of 8.625% included) 36 months and 15K millage per year, no money down and just the first months payment upfront?

Here is my math:
    MSRP: $49,975; Negotiated Price: $41500; MF.00021, 47% residual and 36 month lease; 8.625% sale tax.

I've plugged it into the calculator and yield $558.00

Is this realistic or am I just dreaming?

Any help and direction is greatly appreciated.
  • mumuxumumuxu Member Posts: 34
    That's gr8 deal! Share the details of FX & lease pls . Thanks
  • geojregeojre Member Posts: 12
    Izmiriam. Does that include tax? I was able to come up with a similar deal in PA. But we have a lease tax of 10%of the pmt. So my 525 ended up being 578. If your deal included tax please provide the dealers info. Thanks
  • nuzbimnuzbim Member Posts: 4
    iz i'm in NOVA as well, can i get the dealer info, i'm interested in leasing the same car. do you have the navi system with it?
    Hello

Sorry just saw your message. I worked with Marc from Infiniti new car sales.
    Taxing is different here in VA. Sales tax is ~3% and you pay it on the total of value of the car and yes it was included in the calculations.
  • nuzbimnuzbim Member Posts: 4
    izmirian is that with the navi or tech package or the base model?
  • kelminkelmin Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man. I really need your help with Leasing a 2010 *Demo* Infiniti FX35 AWD with Deluxe Touring Package, Premium Package, Navigation Package, Splash guards, and Roof Rail Crossbars. The Demo currently has 4750 miles on it. MSRP is $53085.00 asking price is $45,973.00. I live in Kentucky = 6% sales tax.

I have not negotiated with the dealer yet, trying to get my credit in order due to my CR showing my mortgage as a revolving account. Once I get this fixed I will be looking at a high tier credit rate.

I did test drive and absolutely love the car. I know you are a busy man, but is there anyway I can get you to help me back into a good deal before I walk into the lions den??? I'm looking for the best possible price online (truecar = $45323) but I cannot plug it in as a demo. Can I get you to help me come up with the best possible cost, MF, fees, and residual % to come up with the monthly price? I know this may sound like a lot, but reading multiple advice blogs and there have been several comments where the buyer has received a free extended warranty for the car being a demo as well as .15 cents off every mile currently on the car. Plus I also heard that Infiniti gives discounts for recent College Grads? Do you know if this car applies?

I know this is a lot to ask, but I am a true consumer. I have been researching cars for about 7 months but I can go on 20 different websites and get 20 different pieces of the puzzle so to speak. This is the first forum where I feel comfortable in getting the true story.

Thank you in advance for your help.

kelmin
  • fynackfynack Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the exact same setup this past saturday and paid 46k, only thing was it only had 4 miles on it. So youll have to do the math and figure out how much more discount you get.
    Hi kelmin. The problem that I personally have with demo vehicles is that dealers never seem to be willing to discount them for me to personally justify purchasing what essentially is a low mileage used vehicle over a brand new one. If I was in the market for an FX35 right now, I personally would need this car's purchase price to be significantly below dealer invoice to persuade me to lease it. You can look up its exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. I definitely would want more of a discount than $0.15 per mile. Heck, I think that IFS charges more than that as an excess mileage charge on leases.

As far as its lease program goes, Infiniti Financial Services' new November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 47%, respectively.

Good luck and definitely let us know if you have any more questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • danmgy11danmgy11 Member Posts: 106
    Car_man,

I was wondering if you could tell me what the current lease rate is for a 2010 FX35 FWD, for 39 month and 36 months with 15k miles.

Also I see on the rebate section of Edmunds it has $4,000 cash to dealer and the language is a bit confusing on if it, can or cannot be applied to a IFS lease?
    I current have an Infiniti lease so I know I get a $1,000 incentive. Are there any other rebates out there?

The model I am looking at has an MSRP of $49,385 and invoice at $45,274. So I guess the million dollar questions is with all rebates/incentives what should I be looking at for a cap cost?
  • hockeysb11hockeysb11 Member Posts: 2
    TRYING TO DECIDE IF THIS IS A GOOD DEAL

487 FOR 39 MONTHS 12000 MILES PER YEAR

DOWN I NEED

487 FIRST MO PAYMENT
    595 ACQUESTION FEE
    75 DOC FEE
    12.50 GOVT FEE
    1523.89 SALES TAX

2693 TOTAL DOWN INCLUDES SALES TAX

WHAT DO YOU THINK
  • 1st_time_lease1st_time_lease Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car Man,

I am looking to lease a 2011 FX35, we are still discussing options, but it would be mostly loaded. The dealer told me that the supply is low in CA, so that they are usually leasing at MSRP. he has quoted me 3% over invoice. I was quoted 38 month lease which I thought was weird, I have asked for 36 month lease over email. In either case, the money factor is .00173 and the residual is 55%.

Any thoughts on the 3% over invoice fee and the MF/residual?

thanks
    I certainly can, danmgy11.

Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 FX35 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00021 and 45%.

The $4,000 dealer cash incentive that you saw mentioned is not compatible with this lease program, but there is a $2,000 cash incentive that is. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations. That two grand is on top of the $1,000 loyalty cash that you are already aware of.

If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would shoot or a selling price of around $500 over invoice minus the aforementioned cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hockeysb11. It would be much easier for us to evaluate this deal if you provided us with this truck's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if one was paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings 1st_time_lease. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money.

I personally would be very hesitant to pay full MSRP for any FX, regardless of supply. How much over invoice does 3% amount to dollar-wise? That sounds a little more reasonable. If you've comparison shopped with several dealers in your area and that seems like the best that you can do then this may just be the going rate for this model in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
  • infamousxinfamousx Member Posts: 24
    hello
    Car_man,

i am in the process of getting out of current infi fx lease as its coming to end.

the dealers i have spoken to in NY are mentioning that 2011 Fx35 Awd almost so comes preloaded with Premium pkg - as bare min - maybe its because of the incentive pkg i guess.

i wanted to know what you suggest i should be looking to in terms of
    Incentives on this 2011 fx35 awd ? i read edmunds looks bit confusing - wether its 2k mfg to dealer plus 1K mfg to customer or/plus 2k more mfg to customer ... i duno whats total incentive it is between 3k-5k ? and what price should i look to get this car
    ( they say it comes with Prem pkg ** )

i have two offers on table -

a- $550/39m/12k/ $0 down.
    - dont have much details waiting on #s

b- $505/39m/12k - $2500 down
    - given #s
    msrp: $49300 //
    mf .00180 //
    value: $41400 //
    res:56% //

c- Test drive dealership offered $650/39/12k/ $3900 - and said i shouldn't asked for any less cuz i don't know my prices..its low enough car is 52k msrp. this is not FORD - i cudnt help but smile & walked out.

please shed some light..
    thanks.
  • infamousxinfamousx Member Posts: 24
    you have to try atleast 3-4 diff dealerships. also try towards the end of month. and if its holiday season or so even more good prices. i am very sure towards x-mas this incentives will kick up a notch ..
    i don't run around now i just speak over the phone & try to get a good deal. i don't like the whole wasting time and hussling at the dealership - just not worth it*
    tell em to send you the #'s - and ask for final quote.
    when its near what you want. then go over & drop the lowest # and negotiate close to what you can. if the #'s they offer are too far - tell em your range again drop the lowest and they say we will see if you come in. just say no sorry - give me a deal and i will walk in and sign off. or if they say we not sure just drop it. its not worth bothering with that dealership.
    over the past 6 yrs i have been leasing & i have come out ahead by simply dropping the dealership from you radar that try to rip you off. if you tell them upfront your serious and they give you crappy #'s don't bother with em.
  • edsmededsmed Member Posts: 5
    Edmunds lists 3 seperate lease incentives on the 2010 FX that total to 7K in discounts? Is this correct? If you add the loyalty discount then it's 8K total. I find it hard to believe.
  • jacobichkajacobichka Member Posts: 11
    Hello CAR MAN.
    You have been very helpful on this forum. My current lease ends by end of this month, so I am on the market for a new car. Can you please provide me with December lease rate for 2011 FX35 AWD? And also does Infiniti bank charge "Bank Fee" of $595.00?
    Thank you.