Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• acr123acr123 Member Posts: 17
    Car_Man:

I have existing FX35 that is w/in 4 months of finishing. Dealer states would pay for remaining IFS lease payments. The dealer had special lease rate for 2011 FX35 AWD for 499/mo for 10k miles and 39 mo with 3,000 down payment. With MSRP of 48,725 and net cap cost of 42,929. On this site it states there is 1,000 cash to customer rebate and 1,000 cash to dealer that can be combined with advertised special Infiniti leases. Should I assume that this would now make my downpayment 1,000 or if wanted 1000 added to the lease it would make the net cap cost now 43,929.Similarly if I wanted 25k miles ( dealer said 10 cents/mi if done upfront) would also add 1,000 and now make net cap cost 44,929.With 7.375% tax, I get monthly fee should be ~$595. Is this correct?
    Lastly, are for example Dec 2010 lease rates that people ask for regular leases if there are no special advertised leases listed for a particular car.

Thanks a lot,

Al
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi infamousx. The $2,000 dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on the 2011 FX35 is not compatible with the special lease program, but there is a $1,000 cash incentive on this vehicle right now that is.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi edsmed. On the 2010 FX35, Infiniti is currently providing $4,000 dealer cash plus $2,000 more dealer cash plus $1,000 bonus cash...$7,000 total on cash purchases of the 2010 FX35.

Of these incentives only the $2,000 and $1,000 are compatible with the special lease program.

There is $1,000 loyalty cash on this model, but only on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks jacobichka. Infiniti Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 56%, respectively.

Infiniti does indeed charge a $595 acquisition fee on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Al. It really doesn't make sense to waste four remaining payments on your current FX lease to get into something new. You would be better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your current deal to get something new. Sure the dealer says that they will cover your remaining payments, but having them make your payments for you only hampers your ability to get the best possible deal on your new vehicle.

I believe that Infiniti is currently only providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 FX35.

Car_man
    Host
  • acr123acr123 Member Posts: 17
    Car_Man

Thanks for the info. If there is a standard 36 mo lease price given for 15K miles is an addition of mileasge to say 20K in a lease adjusted by adding say .10 per mile ( 15,000 /.10 x 36 ) equallying 41.67 per month added to the prior price only or is the resudual also adjusted down. Conversely, is just the residual adjusted down to account for the increased mileage.
    Thanks again,

Al
  • ric14ric14 Member Posts: 4
    Just turned in my 2009 Infiniti FX with 15 mos left on 36 month lease.
    Leased a '2011, Infiniti list $48150, premium package, with a few other adds, aluminum plates, roof crossbars, and lighted kickplates, payment $571/month using 9 'security deposits' to buy down the rate. 36month/12k per year. Included window tint/window etching/exterior sealant; already in the 'deal'. Pmt on the 2009 was $631/month, for 36/12k.
    (Dallas TX area)
  • infamousxinfamousx Member Posts: 24
    thank you for the prev reply.

i understand what your saying. now would all this information about cap and mf and invoice price ...etx..matter if my bottom line out of pocket expense is cut to where i want to be for a given term ? the dealer can structure is whichever way he likes as long as i don't have to pay.

the deal i am getting 2011 awd prem

-$ 565/m 24m 12k - 0 out pf pocket= $ 13560
    -$ 480/m 24m 12k - $2500 down= $ 14020

so i am trying to land myself on around
    • $13k-$13500 to lease this for 24 months.

some say invoice is at 433xx - some say your cost of car is 41xxx - some are saying little under or more under invoice etx etx.. but if i get into the exact expense i want.

you know the mf and the cap cost of this car even the residual - with your calculation does that $13k look right to you ?? or do you feel its still too much total leasing expense given the incentives that are still out.. ?
    around what TOTAL Expense # should i be at for a 24month lease.
    Thanks
  • podmannjpodmannj Member Posts: 1
    Car_man

I am looking to lease a 2011 FX35 AWD with premium (around $49,250 MSRP) sale price should be about $45K
    looking for a 24 or 36 month with the lowest mileage option either 10k or even 8K)

are there are there any incentives in January? and what should the rates/residuals be?

Thanks for your help
    Hi podmannj. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00115 and 68%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00129 and 59%.

Other than $1,000 loyalty cash I am not aware of any cash incentives on leases of the '11 FX right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • kdoolinkdoolin Member Posts: 5
    Looking for info on lease incentives and the money factor and residual on a 36 mo, 12K mi lease on FX35 with Premium Package.

Thanks in advance for your help.

KittyOH
  • scott214scott214 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Looking for the rates/residual for a 36 or 39 month lease on an FX50 for 12k miles a year. THX.
    edited February 2011
    Here's the information that you're looking for, kdoolin.

Infiniti Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 FX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi scott214. IFS' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value doe a 36 month lease of a 2011 FX50 with 12,000 mil3w per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00171 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • kdoolinkdoolin Member Posts: 5
    Thank you Car man, these forums are very, very helpful!!

KD
  • texas2685texas2685 Member Posts: 21
    Ric, Car_Man, or anyone else -

Just today, finally decided it was time to trade my 09 G37 and go back (up) to a FX 35 (never been happy with the G37, loved my previous FX 35). I'm curious what kind of penalties I'd be facing on an early trade-in. We leased Dec '09, scheduled 'til Mar '13. (This would be our 4th infiniti lease.) Ric, which dealer did you use? (All of our Infinitis have been leased in the DFW area.) Also, would appreciate if Car_Man has March MF & residual for the '11 FX 35 (with Premium & possibly Touring pkgs).

Thanks much!
  • lacucina_cheflacucina_chef Member Posts: 10
    i m on the same boat as you are! i have a 09 g37 lease and i believe my lease is up in 2012 but i really miss the space from my fx35, now the question is how much am i going to get beat up for returning my car early!
    You're very welcome, kdoolin. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi texas2685. I'm sorry to say that it will likely be fairly expensive for you to get out of your current lease so far in advance.

As far as the lease program info goes, Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • edsmededsmed Member Posts: 5
    Car Man,

March's incentives on the 2011 FX35 AWD have come out and there is a $2000 dealer cash listed but i'm not sure if I can use it on a lease. The first disclaimer says yes but the next says no. If so, am I looking at $3500 off since I qualify for the loyalty discount and there is an additional $500 in dealer cash?

Also, does anybody know if the Edmund's TMV includes the incentives?

Lastly, can I get the residual and MF for a 3 yr/15K mile lease?

Thanks again for all of your help.
  • goodricsgoodrics Member Posts: 25
    Car Man,
    Can you tell me the MF and Resid for 39 month and 20,000 miles per year. Also, is there any incentives for March.
    Thanks
    Hi edsmed. Unfortunately, the $2,000 dealer cash is NOT compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program for the FX35.

IFS' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi goodrics. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Other than $1,000 loyalty cash, Infiniti is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • montyscarmontyscar Member Posts: 2
    Car Man

I have been presented the following for a 24 month lease on an FX with premium package. These figures assume first month payment at signing. I believe I can knock another 1K off the cap cost. Is this a good deal? If not, where am I getting pinched?

Cap Cost ..........................45,980.00
    Tax ................................... 1,476.94

Doc Fee ............................ 299.00
    Bank Fee ........................... 595.00
    License Fees ...................... 66.50

Total Cap ...........................48,417.44

Cap Reduction .....................1,000.00

Net Cap ..............................47,417.44
    Residual ....66.00% .............32,534.74
    Total Depreciation ...............14,882.74

Depreciation ....................... 620.11
    Rent ................................... 71.96
    Monthly Payment ................ 692.07

Rate ................................... 0.00090
    Term .................................. 24
    Hi montyscar. It's excellent that you know this truck's selling price, but we really don't have anything to compare it to. I need its MSRP or invoice price to compare the selling price to.

For now I can tell you that the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with IFS' current buy rate for this term and model.

Car_man
    Host
  • montyscarmontyscar Member Posts: 2
    Car man - MSRP is 49,295
  • goodricsgoodrics Member Posts: 25
    Hi Car_man,

So are you saying that the MF and resid are the same for both the 36 and 39 month lease. For 15,000 miles you gave them both as .00110 and 55%.

Thanks
    Thanks for the additional information, montyscar. OK, so you're interested in an FX35 that has an MSRP of $49,295 and a selling price of $45,980. This truck probably has a spread of around $3,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. This puts the $3,300 dealer discount that you were quoted at only a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice, which is a good deal. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry about the confusion, goodrics. The 36 month numbers are .00110 / 55% and the 39 month numbers are .00129 / 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • nexuslexusnexuslexus Member Posts: 147
    Hello-

I am hoping someone can help me out.

Back in 2006, I got a flexible term lease on an FX, which is to say it was a 12 month lease with the option to extend it for two years for a total to three years. Does IFS currently offer such leases (either 12 month, or flexible term)?
  • az_taddersaz_tadders Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Would it be possible to find out the MF and residual rates for an FX35 AWD in the following configurations?

24 month, 12K miles p/year
    24 month, 15K miles p/year
    36 month, 12K miles p/year
    36 month, 15K miles p/year

Also is there data for a 12 month, 12K miles lease?

Thanks, in advance.
  • dj212dj212 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2011
    Good afternoon.

I believe I have a unique situation...

My company relationship with Infiniti allows me to take advantage of the VPP program. I am at the end of my first lease with IFS and second Infiniti vehicle overall. I chose not to exercise my VPP option when I got my current lease as the negotiated price was less if I did so. I've wanted to upgrade for some time now to an FX35 and I have some reservations that the deal I'm being offered is not the BEST deal I can get. Below are some specifics regarding the two options I'm contemplating. Any insights you can offer would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Option 1 - LEASE:

- 39 Months
    - $595/ Month payment
    - 12K per year
    - Residual Value of $26,001
    - $2000 due at signing

Option 2 - PURCHASE:

- MSRP $47,250
    - Tint & Nitro $399
    - VPP price is $43987 + TTL
    (I just think I can get a better price than that...)

I have pretty good credit with no late payments and no outstanding debt. Am I better served just waiting until the 2012s come out and they are trying to kick the 2011s in either case? Can I work a better deal with the lease? What are your thoughts?

Also, how do current MF and residuals effect my decission?

Thx!
    Hi az_tadders. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 67%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 00168 and 60%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 2% higher.

I don't believe that IFS offers 12 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • ejz1ejz1 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man
    What is the prevailing wisdom on the direction that the Mf and residuals will go for the month of May? My current lease is ending mid-May and I trying to decide to start the new lease early since the prices seem good or wait till May if the prices will be the same or better?
  • loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    carman, can you confirm april lease rates for FX35 / 36 months / 15K miles.
    is .00168 and 60% correct ?

I have been quoted .00135 and 55% by a few dealers.

thanks
    Carman,
    I forgot to add one thing...

I have the option of driving another car until the 2012 FX are available.

Do you think I should just wait until September to purchase a 2011 FX35? What range of price reduction should I expect?
    Hi ejz1. Infiniti's current programs are scheduled to run through May 2nd. It's difficult to say what its future incentives will be like, but if I was interested in getting a new vehicle, particularly a Japanese one, I personally wouldn't wait. The terrible disaster there has lead to a shortage of many parts and a shutdown of production by many manufacturers. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that prices will be going up and incentives will be going down at least for the next several months until the automakers can straighten this mess out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi loggie. IFS' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dj212. Its difficult to say what the prices will be like in September, but check back two posts for my thoughts on waiting to get a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,
    Thank you, I hadn't thought of that.

Below I've attached my first post. I didn't address it to you so I think it got lost in the shuffle. Could you take a minute or two to read it and share your thoughts?

I believe I have a unique situation...

My company relationship with Infiniti allows me to take advantage of the VPP program. I am at the end of my first lease with IFS and second Infiniti vehicle overall. I chose not to exercise my VPP option when I got my current lease as the negotiated price was less if I did so. I've wanted to upgrade for some time now to an FX35 and I have some reservations that the deal I'm being offered is not the BEST deal I can get. Below are some specifics regarding the two options I'm contemplating. Any insights you can offer would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Option 1 - LEASE:

- 39 Months
    - $595/ Month payment
    - 12K per year
    - Residual Value of $26,001
    - $2000 due at signing

Option 2 - PURCHASE:

- MSRP $47,250
    - Tint & Nitro $399
    - VPP price is $43987 + TTL
    (I just think I can get a better price than that...)

I have pretty good credit with no late payments and no outstanding debt. Am I better served just waiting until the 2012s come out and they are trying to kick the 2011s in either case? Can I work a better deal with the lease? What are your thoughts?

Also, how do current MF and residuals effect my decission?

Thx!
  • otis15otis15 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,

What are the May lease rates for a 2011 FX35 RWD with 12,000 miles a year for 36 and 39 months? Infiniti seems to have some great incentives on this vehicle right now - do you know exactly what they are? I think there is a loyalty lease cash of $1,000, not sure though. The deals people are getting - and the incentives - seem to run contrary to everything I've heard about the supply of Japanese vehicles due to the Japan earthquake. Would it then be unlikely that these deals would continue beyond this month?

Thanks!
    Hi dj212. The FX35 that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $5,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You are being quoted only a $3,200 discount on this vehicle. Normally I would say that someone who is in an area that has a decent level of competition would probably be able to negotiate a larger discount than this on their own. However the current market is a little unusual because of the supply disruptions that the tragic quake in Japan has caused. There's some room there so it wouldn't hurt to try to beat this deal, but I'm not sure that you will be able to given the current market conditions.

As far as the lease goes, make sure that the dealer uses the same selling price to calculate your monthly payment. Then have them use IFS current buy rate lease money factor and residual value of .00133 and 55% (for a 39 month lease through IFS) to calculate your truck's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings otis15. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 FX35 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00109 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00131 and 54%.

The only cash incentive that Infiniti is providing on the '11 FX35 right now is $2,000 dealer cash, but this cash is not compatible with the aforementioned special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • taylrmdetaylrmde Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have any insight on this deal?

2011 FX50 with tech/deluxe touring/sport packages
    MSRP: $65375
    Sale Price: $63216 - $1000 loyalty = $62216
    No additional money down
    Money factor: .00153
    Residual: $33995

39/mos lease with 12k miles per year.

$850/month

Think I can get the sale price down anymore? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    Revised front grille and front fascia design, revised meter illumination, standard heated front seats on all models and the addition of a new “Limited Edition” for the FX35 AWD. The Limited Edition includes an extensive list of special features, starting with an exclusive Iridium Blue exterior color, 21-inch 10-spoke dark finish aluminum-alloy turbine wheels, Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System, and Around View® Monitor. Other 2012 Infiniti FX enhancements include a new exterior color, Graphite Shadow (replaces Platinum Graphite), a new 20-inch wheel design for the FX35 Deluxe Touring Package, the addition of Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) to the FX50 Sport Package, and a shift of the quilted leather climate-controlled front seats to the FX35 Deluxe Touring Package from the Premium Package. Available October 2011.
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    The all-new Infiniti JX 7-passenger luxury crossover is set to be previewed at the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, prior to its global debut at the upcoming Los Angeles Auto Show in readiness for a spring 2012 introduction as a 2013 model. The new Infiniti JX is designed to push the boundaries of what a luxury crossover can be – with signature styling cues of the brand, such as dynamic and elegant line treatments inspired by nature. It will feature a stunning interior, while offering exceptional seating flexibility, easy access to the roomy 3rd row, plus the latest in-vehicle technology – including advanced telematics. More details will be released as they become available.
  • lacucina_cheflacucina_chef Member Posts: 10
    hi folks
    i m currently leasing a G37x sedan, and i have roughly about year and half left, i m on my second infiniti and i have great report with them, as of last thursday, my newest addition to the family was born last week. i m need of a bigger car but nothing too big. as right now, the buy out of the leasae is roughly around 30k right now, when i got rid of my first lease i went in with zero money down and and infiniti took care of the last three payment. the dilemma that i have now is the dealer is asking aroud 5k down for and to be around 674$ per month on payments, i told them i wanted to be around the same payment on my current lease which is 583$ should i sit tight on my lease till end of the year when i would owe less on the car or wait till the new jx comes out.????? please fire away, sorry i made this so long.
  • mba2927mba2927 Member Posts: 1
    New member here. Need some quick help if possible.

Lease deal offered on a 2011 FX35 w/ Deluxe Touring package.

MSRP right around $51,000
    $3999 down
    599 month

Please let me know if this a good deal. I really appreciate it.
  • drmike29drmike29 Member Posts: 26
    What are current lease rate MF and RV for 2011 FX35 AWD with premium package? Is anyone buying or leasing this car because it seems that these message boards are dead?
    Drmike29 the FX is a fairly low volume vehicle, so I'm not surprised that it's pretty quiet here.

Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host