Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• fahbafahba Member Posts: 2
    hey Carman, I'm in northern virginia and after extensive research and educating myself I recently leased a Premium Package AWD FX35. I had the dealer give me all of the $6500 incentive and then got the $1000 loyalty which as you know is considered a down payment and can't be taken off the sales price. The finance guy told me that he couldn't give me the retention money factor as policy of the dealership and had to add 4 basis points to it (I know that was BS but I figured what the heck). After everything was said and done all i paid was the first month of $432 for a Malbec Black w/ wheat interior Premium Pkg FX35 on a 39 month lease with 12K miles. I'm pretty sure if I REALLY squeezed him I might've done better. Wanted to get your opinion on how I did. Thanks!
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    $432/month sounds good for a new FX...not sure exactly what you mean when you say they added 4 basis points.

.00004 or .004 - the first is no big deal at all...the 2nd cost you a bit..
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Carman - may want to incorporate this in your subject lines - same for EX.
  • fahbafahba Member Posts: 2
    def the first .00004. the second one would have been crazy. Thanks for the input. FYI, from reading your responses on this board I was able to make an informed and educated decision on my new lease. Appreciate you taking the time.
  • aardeeaardee Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    With that kind of incentives, what would one expect to pay monthly for 2012 AWD + Premium Package, 24 months, 15K per year lease?

Thanks for all valuable information out here.

Regards,
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 (preferably towards the lower end) over invoice minus the available cash incentives. If you provide me with this vehicle's MSRP and dealer invoice price, you can find them in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com, I will use Infiniti's current lease program to work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • infinitinjinfinitinj Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man

The FX35 with options I am looking for has an invoice price of $48,385
    and MSRP $52,530. Can you please give me an estimate as whats the selling price I need to shoot for. Also am in NJ and confirmed there is a 6500 dealer cash. I am looking for a lease term 36 months with zero down and 12000 miles per year, what will my payments look like. If 36 month is not an option you can use 39 month. Also if I put in MSD's for maximum allowed (think its 9) how much will I save per month. Thanks in advance
    Thanks for the additional information, infinitinj. OK according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Infiniti FX35 AWD that has an MSRP of $52,530 and a selling price of 42,385 ($500 over invoice minus the special $6,500 cash incentive in the Northeast) for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $402.

This truck's money factor is already so low that making multiple security deposits probably won't make much of a difference.

Car_man
    Host
  • explainrsexplainrs Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

Hoping you could give me advice on expected payment... MSRP $54,275. Invoice according to Edmunds is $49,850. 39 month lease, 15k miles per year and sign & drive (taxes, inception fees all rolled into the monthly payment). I am in NJ as well with the $6,500 cash incentive.
    Thanks!
    Hi explainrs. Let's work up a payment and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Infiniti FX35 AWD that has an MSRP of $54,275 and a selling price of 43,850 ($500 over invoice minus the $6,500) through IFS right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $431.

Car_man
    Host
  • jarricojarrico Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Hi, Carman,
    I am in eastern Mass and looking for leasing a 2012 FX 35 with Premium Package. The MSRP is 50970 and invoice is 46920. Can I get the 6500 incentive mentioned here ? What would the Money factor and monthly payment be for zero down and 12000miles/year. I can consider any one of 24 months or 36 months or 39 months. Thank you so much!

The dealer's website ( It's at boston Herb Chambers Infiniti's home page, but I won't post their link here) says 359/mo(with other conditions) sounds too good to be true

jarrico
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    Hi Car_man

If the $6500 is extended thru October, I might have to jump on Southwest and fly to the East Coast and purchase one. Do you know if it will continue thru October?

Thanks for all you contribute to this forum......
    You're very welcome, thepostman. Thank you for noticing. Unfortunately, incentives are usually based upon the consumer's residency, not where they buy the vehicle. So if you don't actually live in one of the states that an incentive is available in you usually can't get it. Also, I think that Infiniti pulled the plug on its lease support on the 2012 FX for the month of October anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
  • roadrubberroadrubber Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man. I'm quite certain I'm getting hosed on a new 2013 Infinity Fx37 lease quote. Can you PLEASE confirm this for me and suggest to me what deal I should counter with?

It's a premium package optioned at $51,850 MSRP, with a 15k annual mileage allowance. I am trading in a 2010 Cadi SRX having a remainder of 20 payments @ $591.97 per payment. The Cadi lease states a residual value of $18,092. Dealer didn't say there were any incentives, hold-backs or other promos he could apply, nor did they offer to apply anything form the lease buy-out.

Thanks for any help you can offer-

Roadrubber
    Hi Roadrubber. Do you happen to know what the FX's selling price is? That would make this deal easier to evaluate.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man. They want to sell it at MSRP: $51,850!
    No problem roadrubber. Full MSRP. No thanks. You should hold onto your SRX for a while longer or find a different Infiniti dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    And that's what I decided earlier today. They're thieves I tell ya!
    You're very welcome.

Car_man
    Host
  • ttran878ttran878 Member Posts: 4
    Just sign a new lease $607 incl tax on a 2013 fx 37 LE with 12k a year with no money down. I trade in my 2010 fx35 in early only 5month left. Just want to know is this a good deal. Or I could do better
  • aklutherakluther Member Posts: 13
    ttran878 would you please tell me the money factor and residual % you were quoted? what was the sticker price, selling price?

please and thanks!
  • ttran878ttran878 Member Posts: 4
    Residual $30254 and quoted $ 50245 sticker $54245 sale price 50245 and they take in my lease early 2010 fx35 with 5month left. With no money down and first month pay.
  • dcar00dcar00 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

My car was recently flooded from the Hurricane and I am now in the market for another car, Infiniti contacted me and stated they had a special promotion for those that were affected by the storm...can you please let me know if this is a good deal?

2013 Infiniti FX37 AWD Premium w/ Deluxe Touring Package - 39 Month Lease - 15,000 miles a year

Residual: 55%
    Not exactly sure of the Money Factor
    MSRP: 55,125
    Invoice: 50,974
    Sales Price: 48,724

Monthly Payment: $544 / month with NJ sales tax included in this amount
    Out of pocket: $1,852

Can you please let me know if this is a good deal? I appreciate all the help you give on these boards - very helpful
  • ddavydenkoddavydenko Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2012
    I came back from dealership today. I wish I had visited this forum before going there :( but better later than never...

So here is the deal I was able to negotiate after couple hours of talking with sales man and his manager:

2013 Infiniti FX37 with Premium Package
    Total out of pocket due at signing: $4,401 (first monthly payment is NOT included into this amount)
    Monthly payment: $469 (NJ taxes are included into this amount)
    Lease term: 39 months
    10K miles / year
    I'm from NJ (sale tax is 7%).

Here is the official offer from Infiniti site:

$439 /month Lease for 39 months
    $4,299 initial payment
    2013 FX37 AWD with Premium Package
    Excludes taxes, title, license and options. Retailer Participation Required. For well qualified lessees. Offer ends 01/02/2013.

Excl. taxes, title & lic. Retailer participation req. $4,299 INIT. PYMNT. REQ. AT CONSUMMATION (INCL. $3,860 CONSUMER DOWN PYMNT., $439 FIRST MONTH PYMNT). 2013 FX37 AWD with Premium Package subj. to avail. to well-qualified customers who lease through Nissan-Infiniti LT. Subj. to credit approval. MSRP $51,000 incl. dest. chrg. Net capitalized cost of $44,486 incl. a $700 non-refundable acq. fee. Retailer contribution may affect actual price set by retailer. Monthly pymnts. total $17,121. At lease end, purchase for $29,580 plus $300 purchase option fee (except KS & WI) plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.25/mile for mileage over 10,000 miles/year. Lessee is responsible for maint. and repairs. Disposition fee due at term. of lease. No security deposit req. See participating retailer for details. Offer ends 01/02/2013. Supplies of vehicle may be limited in some regional areas. Retailer inventory varies.

My question is (as I'm not quite sure if I can properly understand all of its terms): did I get at least good deal from dealer or they completely took advantage of me and I should walk away from the deal (loosing $300 deposit I have already mistakenly given for particular vehicle from their inventory).

What terms in my deal would you adjust to make it better (I assume I still can re-negotiate)?

Car_man, I especially hope you can shed some light on this :) But really any advises are HIGHLY appreciated!
    Hi dcar00. I'm sorry to hear that your vehicle was totaled in the storm. At least vehicles are replaceable. Hopefully everyone in your family is safe and healthy. That's the most important thing.

Infiniti is providing employee pricing to people who lost their vehicles in Sandy. That's what this deal looks like, so it should be pretty attractive.

Just make sure that the dealer uses Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate of .00077 for 39-month leases of this truck and you should be in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ddavydenko. do you happen to know this truck's MSRP and selling price? Those figures would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal. Thanks.

One thing I can tell you right now is that four grand is a lot of money to pay at lease signing. I always advise consumers to put as little down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during the course of their lease. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • bingo14bingo14 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man or any other fellow bloggers, would you be able to look at these numbers and tell me if this sounds like it has hands and feet. Or should I wait until December to get a better deal. The issue is that after the hurricane there is an increase in both the leasing and buying of cars here in NY so I dont know if I should wait until December to get this.

2012 EX35 AWD Journey
    MSRP : $44,020
    3,000 due at signing
    36 Month Lease, 12K miles
    money factor .00093
    residual value 51%

Dealer quote at $499 a month.
    Hi car_man! Thanks a lot for answering.

I realized that big downpayment was not a good idea on my part after I drove car out of dealership's gates :( BTW, you said that I can lose all or part of that downpayment - do you know what factors would affect the actual outcome? Just would like to know if something like that happens.

As for MSRP for vehicle I took - it is $51,832. And sales guy told me that because this is lease they are not able to use selling price for the vehicle and would have to use MSRP instead. I didn't object on that factor - should I? I think selling price would have been around $48,000.
  • mh986mh986 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    New to the forum here with a question on a new lease signed. Here are the numbers for a 2013 Infiniti fx37 LE:

39months, but negotiated 38 payments
    Zero down including inception fees eaten by dealer(~1,500)
    10k miles/yr
    Residual 57%
    MF .00077
    Final Price $49,885
    Monthly payment $599
    Also included is all scheduled maintenance.
    Will you please let me know your thoughts on this lease? Thanks!
    Hi bingo14. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money for a 39-month lease, but I believe that the 36-month factor is slightly lower at .00084.

The other negotiable aspect of this deal is this vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate. Do you know what the selling price is?

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ddavydenko. The selling prices of leases can be negotiated, just like they can be on purchased vehicles. You definitely don't have to use MSRP as the vehicle's selling price on a lease. I hope that's not what the dealer did on your deal. Take a look at your vehicle's lease contract and let us know what the capitalized cost was for this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mh986. The money factor that you were given is right in line with Infiniti's buy rate for this car. So that aspect of this deal is good.

It's great that you have this truck's final selling price, but I don't have anything to compare it to. Do you have its MSRP? Let me know and I'll let you know what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    Hi, Carman. I'm in NY. Can you tell me the current lease program, including money factor and residual percentage, on a 2013 FX37 w/ Premium & Dlx Touring Packages at 24, 36 and 39 months w/ 15K miles. Also, is there any dealer cash, customer incentives, etc., that I may be able to take advantage of? Thanks.
    I'd be happy to help you out hbo1ny. Infiniti Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 FX37 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This truck's 36-month numbers are .00071 and 56%. This truck's 39-month numbers are .00077 and 55%.

Infiniti is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this model to all consumers and another grand for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi car_man,

agreed upon value = 46835
    up front sales tax = 1402
    acquisition fee = 700
    doc fee = 349
    total gross cap cost = 49294
    MSRP = 51890

I hope this helps to clarify situation. If not - please let me know what additional info would help here.
  • mh986mh986 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,
    Thank you for the reply. The sticker price on this particular FX37 which I didn't mention that it is fully loaded with every available option was 54,435. Dealer threw in all weather mats as well. I am in South Florida.
  • zheka212zheka212 Member Posts: 68
    Hi All,

reading the Edmunds rebate page, it sounds like there may be $4K in dealer incentives available on the 2013 FX: 2000 dealer cash; 1000 lease cash; 1000 loyalty cash. Can someone confirm this is correct?

Thank you in advance, and a Happy New Year!
  • jmalmskovjmalmskov Member Posts: 10
    Hi All,

We got below offer from Infiniti dealer today, let me know what you think? It is a little unclear to me what the selling price is going to be as they wouldn't really share and the down payment is on the high side?

Infiniti FX37 Limited Edition
    39 months with 12000 miles
    Money factor: 0.00077
    Residual value: 0.56
    Down payment: $3200 (does not include first month, acquisition, license, title)
    Monthly payment: $467.00 plus Orange County taxes 7.75%

Happy New Year
    Thanks for the additional information ddavydenko. OK, the FX that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,700 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck and you have a total of around $4,700 to play with during your negotiations.

The $5,000 discount that you are being given on this vehicle looks great to me.

Just make sure that the dealer uses the buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome mh986. OK, so you were offered a selling price of $49,885 on an FX that has an MSRP of $54,435. This vehicle probably has a $4,000 spread between its MSRP and dealer invoice price plus a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it for a grand total of $5,000 to play with in your negotiations.

That probably puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $450 to $500 over invoice...which is a pretty good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer that you're working with uses Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Happy New Year to you as well, zheka212. The incentives that you mentioned are correct, however the $2,000 dealer cash and $1,000 lease cash cannot be combined. Essentially there's $2,000 on purchases or $1,000 on leases plus the $1,000 loyalty on either if you're eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jmalmskov. If you insist upon finding out what the selling price of the vehicle that you're getting and the dealer won't tell you, run away. As a consumer, you are entitled to know how much you are being charged for the vehicle that you want. I personally would never lease from a dealer that wouldn't divulge that information.

Also, try to go with a zero down lease. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make large cap cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during their term.

For now I can tell you that the money factor that you were quoted looks good.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man,

Thanks for your feedback, reversing the numbers I get a selling price right around $49100.00 to make the numbers add up, but agree on the down payment. What are your thoughts on MSD?
    Hi Car man,

I got the final numbers, I am aware you don't recommend down payment.

2013 Infiniti FX37x Limited Edition

MSRP: $53965.00
    Sale Price: $48,778.00

39 month lease
    $2750 down
    12,000 miles (Residual (Buy Back) = $30,220.40) (0.56)
    Money factor 0.00077
    Monthly payment $500 including tax

Drive-Offs:

$80 doc fee
    $267.38 Sales Tax
    $500.00 first month payment
    $700 acquisition
    $468.60 License
    $8.75 govt fee

Grand Total: $4,774.73

Does this sounds like a good deal even with the down payment?
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    Hi, Carman. Can you please tell me what the January lease program numbers are in New York for a 2013 FX37 with premium and deluxe touring packages for 15k miles per year at 24, 36 and 39 months. Please provide money factor and residual percentages for all three. Also, please let me know if there are any dealer or customer cash incentives, including loyalty. Your insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Hi hbo1ny. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 FX37 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00071 and 55%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00078 and 54%.

Infiniti is providing a $1,000 dealer cash incentive on leases of this truck right now. There's another $1,000 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • warz00warz00 Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2013
    CarMan - Can you tell me the mf & resid for 2013 FX50 - 36 months and both 12 & 15k miles? Also are the same 1000 + 1000 loyalty available for this car? Thx.
    Sure warz00. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 FX50 with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

For some reason I don't think that there's any cash incentives on leases of this vehicle right now, loyalty or other.

Car_man
    Host
  • edgy99edgy99 Member Posts: 53
    Hi all. My wife is very interested in a new FX 37. Here's the info I have -- is this enough to give an opinion?

Price $45,825

15K/year miles
    $550.42 mo. payment
    $5,472.36 down, minus the $1,000 rebate, $4,472.36
    Trade-in offer on 2011 Highlander with 31K miles in really nice shape, $22K

I'm trying to get a hitch installed and included.

Thoughts? Many thanks in advance.
  • edgy99edgy99 Member Posts: 53
    BTW, the MSRP on the above deal is listed as $51,735

Dealer is telling me his wholesale cost of hitch, part and install is $812 -- sound kosher?