Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing an Infiniti FX35 or FX45. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• bmreynoldsbmreynolds Member Posts: 15
    I have seen that a lot of people lease the fx35, why? Which is better? Thanks
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    I have seen that a lot of people lease the fx35, why? Which is better? Thanks

Probably a somewhat unfair generality, but many people are using leasing to buy beyond their means. Also leasing makes sense if you are going to trade every 2-3 years no matter what. Buying makes more sense when you stick with what you can afford and/or keep the vehicle for 4+ years.
    I am really thinking of just leasing because I probably will not keep the car for 4 or more years it would be more like 3 years. I am negotating a price right now. How would that work if I do decide to lease, and I have heard that of people being able to just pay first months payment and TTL instead of a down payment. How does that work??? I have never ever leased a car before ( I am sure you already guessed that though); help, please...Thanks... :confuse:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi bmreynolds. I agree with the previous poster, many consumers lease this truck because it is relatively expensive and its lease payments are much more affordable than its finance payments would be. You absolutely can lease without making any sort of down payment (also known as a capitalized cost reduction). Negotiate the selling price of the FX35 that you want, just as if you were paying cash for or financing it. Then tell the dealer to calculate a lease payment on it using Infiniti Financial Services "buy rate" lease money factor. It is important to specify that you want them to use the lowest possible lease money factor to calculate your lease payment because dealers can make additional back-end profit on deals by marking up lease money factors on consumers. Infiniti is scheduled to publish its new September lease program later on today. I should have a good idea of what its new program is like in a day or two and would be happy to share this information with you if you post a reminder in this discussion for me in a few days. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Has anyone heard about the September lease programs?
  • someguy1someguy1 Member Posts: 42
    I too am hoping to get the sept numbers residual m/f's on an fx35 15K a year 3 years
    Hi bmreynolds. I have had an opportunity to take a look at Infiniti's new September lease program. If you let me know exactly which vehicle you are interested in, as well as how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it I can tell you what its lease program is currently like.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey someguy1. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00155 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • allanf714allanf714 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man. I'm looking to negotiate a lease on an FX35. I was hoping you could help me cut to that chase so I know what numbers I'm looking for. I'm shooting for a purchase price of $41,200 / 36 month lease / nothing down (or just the first month) / a $610 destination charge / taxes rolled into the monthly payment ( I believe it's 6.25% here in Texas). Based on your calculation, what should my non-paded monthly payment look like on this vehicle???

Thank you in advance.

Allan
  • cuecue Member Posts: 13
    I JUST PURCHASED A FX45 2005 A LITTLE MORE THAN A MONTH AGO NOW. IT LISTED FOR $56,000. DEALER NEAR MY HOUSE OR ONLY ONE IN STATE WOULDNT BUDGE ON PRICE, WENT TO QUIRK INFINITI IN BOSTON MA. OR BRAINTREE ACTUALLY, SAT DOWN WITH FIRST SALESMAN, FOR 10 MIN. OR SO HIS BOSS SAT DOWN WITH MY WIFE AND I, AND I WALKED AWAY WITH THE ONE I WANTED LOADED EXCEPT CHROME RIMS/DVD FOR REAR PASS. FOR $47,500, PLATNUIM PAINT DAMN THING IS F'IN SWEET. TONS OF COMPLIMENTS. SO I SAY SEE WHAT YOU CAN NEGOT. FOR A FEW THOUSAND MORE I GOT THE V8 AND ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES, AND 2.9% FIN. ALSO I WROTE IN ABOUT THE FOG LIGHTS, CHANGED THEM MYSELF 50 WATT HALOGEN BULBS DO NOT GO WITH XENON IM SORRY, BOUGHT PIAA #9006 I THINK, I BOUGHT THE ONES WITH A YELLOW HUE TO THEM AND THEY ARE SO MUCH BRIGHTER, COULD HAVE GOTTEN FOG LIGHTS CLOSER TO THE XENON COLOR BUT I PERSONALLY LIKE THE YELLOW ONES, KIND OF LIKE THE LEXUS GS/IS FOG LIGHTS. SO BASICALLY DEALER TOOK OFF ALMOST $10,000 ON A 2005, GO TO ONE DEALER FILL OUT PAPER WORK AND GO TO ANOTHER IF YOU CAN THEY KNOW WHEN SOMEONE GOES TO OTHER DEALERS.
    stop yelling
    Greetings Allan. the most important numbers to focus on when leasing are your vehicle's selling price and the lease money factor that is being used to calculate its monthly payment. You are off to a good state because you already know what the selling price of the FX35 that you want is. I would be happy to give you my opinion on it, but it would be a big help if you would provide me with its full MSRP as well. This will enable me to see how much of a discount you are being given and to calculate a sample lease payment on the vehicle that you are interested in. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 26 month lease of a 2005 FX35 2WD is .00159 with the payment of a security deposit. Make sure that factor is being used to calculate your lease payment. Again, I would be happy to estimate what this truck's payment should be like for you if you let me know what its MSRP is. It would also be helpful if you told me how many miles per year you need to be allowed to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal, cue. As the previous poster mentioned, many people who frequent message boards like this one consider typing on all caps to be shouting. You may want to turn the caps lock off :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • psch101psch101 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man, I am also interseted in leasing a 2005 FX35 AWD. I was disapointed with my local Infiniti dealer. I felt like the salesman was doing me a big favor when I asked to test drive the car. He was'nt the original salesperson I had talked to on my first visit (the other guy had the day off) and I think he didn't want to split his commission. Anyway, The MSRP is $40,560 with the touring package, roof rails, mud flaps , cargo protector and destination. I was offerd a price of $38,000. The lease deal was $459.00 for 39 moths and 15,000 mi. a year.The tax @ 8.75%, bank fee and first months payment would be payed up front, thats approx. $2700. I would like to keep the payments as close to $400.00 per month. I would go down to 12,000 mi. a year.
    The salesman urged me to lease it now since the lease deals exp.on Sept. 30 and the factors would be going up.I'll be ready to lease on in a few weeks. Any input on this would be a great help . Thanks.
  • rufusrykerrufusryker Member Posts: 5
    psch101, I'm sure car_man knows a lot more about this than me, but I just leased an FX35 less than two weeks and I'd thought I'd give you my opinion. You can take the MSRP and throw it in the garbage. Work off the invoice price, which you can get off this website -- or just ask the salesman. The dealer makes money off the invoice price alone -- I think it's around $500. With the 2006s around the corner, there is no way you should pay more than a few hundred dollars over invoice. If the car is on the lot in a not-hard-to-get configuration you should probably pay even less, possibly under invoice, but this depends on the dealer. I called a dealer nearby who didn't even have the configuration I wanted. When I said $200 over invoice, he answered "if that's what it takes to get the deal done." I almost certainly could have gone lower, but frankly I don't like to low-ball too much -- I'd rather have the salesman on my side should something go wrong. I did get him to throw in all-weather mats.

Also, ideally, you should negotiate the car price before you even mention that you plan to lease. Theoretically, it shouldn't make any difference -- the dealer ends up making the same amount of money. But even if you did mention the lease, don't let the salesman muddy the negotiation with talk of per month amounts. The order of of negotiation should be car price (over,at, or below invoice), money factor, and then making sure there are no unnecessary or irregular fees. I don't really understand how you arrived at $2700. My bank fee was $550, I think. there were a couple of much smaller fees, but how on earth would that add up to nearly $3000 including your first month payment? Call a few dealers in your area to get some comparison prices, and don't hesitate to tell them that you're talking to other dealers and looking for the best price. If a salesman gives you attitude, insist on speaking to manager who is often all-to-happy to take most of the commission for himself while pawning off the paperwork to another one of his salesmen.
  • psch101psch101 Member Posts: 2
    rufusryker, thanks for the input. I need all the help I can get .
  • kackkack Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to negotiate a lease on an FX 35 and need some insight--- here are the specs I was given in CT --
    Cap Cost-- 37,795.19
    Doc fee- 249
    Bank Fee - 550.
    Total Cap -- 38,594.19
    Residual - 60% - 24,336
    Total Depreciation- 14,258.19

Depreciation - 365.59
    Rent - 94.40
    459.99 - Total Monthly payment/ 39 Months
    Rate - 1.5000

459.00 down and 55.00 license transfer
    NYS Taxes-- if paid up front 1323.05

The numbers dont add up for me so I was wondering can I still neotiate the price of the car to bring the payment down? Thanks
    Anyone know the changes on the fx rates for october.

looking at an fx35 15K 3 years?
    Hello psch101. The selling price that you were quoted for this vehicle looks reasonable to me. Let's calculate a lease payment on it using Infiniti's actual lease program and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 FX35 AWD with an MSRP of $40,560 and a selling price of $38,000 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $454. With only 12,000 miles per year, the payment for an otherwise identical lease would drop to around $444.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello kack. You absolutely can negotiate this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. For feedback on how much you should pay for this vehicle, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi someguy1. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services in October for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00155 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • rocco50rocco50 Member Posts: 21
    Hi Car man,

For the FX35 AWD with the selling price of $38,000, how much money down would be reasonable to put down for the figures you calculated in order to get the monthly payment of $444 for 12,000 miles per year for 39 months ? I am assuming that the down payment would include tax, title, registration fees, and inception fees ? Please correct me if I am wrong or if somone already stated the down amount, I am new to leasing.

I am being offered a lease for a 2005 Acura MDX base for $2,000 down, $400 /mo for 36 months, and if I can get the FX for the same or similar deal, I will take the FX!! :)
    How much down payment do I need to put down to get the FX at $400 a month?

Thanks,
    Alex
  • exaudiownerexaudiowner Member Posts: 22
    Hey guys there is no reason you should be paying $449+ for a 39 month lease on the fx35 with an msrp of roughly $38k. I beat a somewhat local car dealer to piss today on a lease for an fx35. I got 10k mile lease $560 a month for 36 months. BLACK WITH BLACK INTERIOR Tech Package, Sport Package, Touring Package, NO REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM. Tax all included. They have trunk money, holdback money, and they have the money factor they all can squeeze cash out of. Just pressure your car dealer, the worst case scenario he says no and you either walk away or come back with a counter offer. It's your money, try and save as much of it as you can, don't feel bad for them. You dont need to buy the car they need to sell it. Oh and as for 39 month lease almost NEVER do it. Im guessing the 36 month lease must have been about $480 a month well figure this out.... $30 payment diff each month * 39 months =$1170.... Last three lease payments=$450 * 3= $1350. They are stealing an extra $180 from you by doing this. P.S. When your dealer says he can't find what color you are looking for with the options you want, just reply, "That's ok I'll go make a few phone calls myself." Haha boy that will surely get your car dealer moving!! Any questions? Feel free to ask.
    Today I got a quote for an FX35 with Touring Pkg, $37,100 sale price, $2500 down, $417/mo for 39 months. ...or, $3,128 down, $400 /mo for 39 months. What do you all think?
  • badadbadad Member Posts: 5
    I am also (soon to be) an ex-Audi owner. Looking to lease an FX35 AWD with sport and touring packages only. I know they've got a special lease on, but want to try out the following idea: If MSRP is $40,770 and sales price is $37,200 -- what would I typically be paying for a 39 month lease? A 42 month lease? I'd like to put the least amount down, but stil try to hold the pre-tax monthly below $450. Is that possible? I live in Southern California if that's a factor. Thanks.
    This is funny, I also happen to be a soon-to-be ex-Audi owner.. :)

I've been dreaming of an SUV for my next car, almost settled on the Acura MDX, but the way the FX drives - its like a beast, and that roar is like a motorcycle! However, I do wish the seat were a little higher than it is, like in regular SUV's...

badad, you should get a similar deal to mine then.

I am wondering if I can get it less than for $37,100. Thats $1000 off MSRP already, but I've seen better deals on it a year ago from a dealership that was overstocked. So I figure at the end of the year there should be similar better deals. Otherwise I'm now considering getting it 1-year old to save some $$$.
    I like the looks (int and ext) of the FX35, but I'm having a difficult time getting hold of a 2005 AWD w/sport and tourning packages. Every dealer is pushing the RWD w/navi, and with the end of the model year, it's about all they've got. The FX35 handling is great, the sound is nice. I'm shifting to the SUV cause my kid is so tall (needs back seat and head room), but also cause he'll be learning to drive soon. An A6 4.2 with a sports suspension is just asking for trouble with a new driver. In the meantime, I'm checking out a 2005 Murano SE AWD. Little cheesey looking interior, but decent price and drives pretty good. Miss the "roar" of the FX35 exhaust, though. Thoughts?
    Hi Alex. Have we discussed this lease before? I don't remember doing talking about leasing an FX35 with you. If not, I need you to provide me with its full MSRP (with the destination charge added in) in order to estimate what your lease payment should be. Technically down payments aka capitalized cost reductions are different from the amount that is due at lease signing. Down payments are used to reduce the amount financed for leases and lower their monthly payments. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your FX35 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. Even if you choose not to make a down payment, you will still have to pay money at lease signing. This money includes your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, Infiniti Financial Services' $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. This month Infiniti is waiving its security deposit requirement on this model, so at least you won't have to worry about that.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey rocco50. You never mentioned the MSRP of the vehicle that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, it shows you how much of a discount you are being given on your vehicle. Without knowing this vehicle's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what this number is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello badad. Let's calculate a lease payment on the vehicle that you are interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti FX35 AWD with an MSRP of $40,770 and a selling price of $37,200 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $429. Interestingly, the payment for an otherwise identical 42 month lease should be a less attractive $452 per month.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the response, Car_man. When I posted, I was given the RWD, not AWD numbers, despite what they said. A little bait and switch at the dealership door. Anyway, the new numbers (from a different dealer, no doubt) are MSRP: $42070. Sale Price: $38450. The quote on a 39 month was $505, including tax (SoCal @ 8.25%). Didn't get the MF. This is for an AWD w/sport and touring packages. How is this price? Thanks in advance for your follow-up since I'm hoping to close a deal by tomorrow.
    Oh yeah... $1000 drive off, no security deposit.
    hey badad a few things....im getting a 36 month lease with just bank fees down for $560 a month... see my previous post about 39 month leases just an absolute waste. I was a finance major in college and know all the tricks that these guys pull. A dollar now is worth more than a dollar later keep that in mind. Money in your pocket is better than money in their pocket upfront. So if you put down $1000 it saves you $1000 over the life of your lease in real money terms what will $1000 buy you 3 years from now? Not as much as $1000 could buy you right now. Best to have that extra $ in your pocket. If the dealer says he cant find the car you want he is lying. I know a black with graphite fx35 without the RES package is hard to find but shop around, the cars do exist. Once again it is your money, why let them have it instead of you? Like I said before, if the dealer says he cant find you that car, kindly reply, "That's ok, I'll start to make some phone calls here and search myself." He will either bust his [non-permissible content removed] and find you one or still say he cant find you one. In which case make calls on your own.
    rocco you are paying entirely too much. I am paying $560 a month for 36 months. Car comes with touring, sport, and tech packages. Price also includes tax, only fee is the bank fee of $550. Just haggle the crap out of your car dealer ask to speak to the sales manager whatever it takes. Tell him that he is off on the lease numbers.. his number is too high. He isnt gonna shoot you his best deal righ toff the bat. It's always a game of high low. He wants you to pay high you wanna pay low. IT IS YOUR MONEY. And remember if you dont ask you dont get. If you want name your price, whats the worst he could say, no? If he does you could always counter-offer. Like I said, it's your money save as much of it as you can.
    Car man,

The MSRP is $40,110, $3,128 due on delivery which includes $1,796 cap reduction, $33 tax, $349 license fees, $400 advance pmt, $550 bank fee at a rate (money factor?) of 1.500 for 39 months, 12K /year lease.

I found a better deal, I think, advertized: - $0 down, $379 a month for 39 months for a 10K/year lease. So I approximate cash due on delivery will be $33 tax + $349 license fees, $379 first payment, $0 security deposit, $550 bank fee = $1311, but comparing this to the other poster's total due of a $1000, mine seems $311 too high.. This same ad that lists the lease also says that the msrp is 40,560 and that one can buy it for 35,999 or lease $379 zero down, so i am assuming that these are the same selling and MSRP prices that apply to the lease

Do you think Infiniti will reinstate the security deposit next month? it will be sad to pay that extra $400 if I don't have to, but I don't think I will close the deal this month because I have yet to sell my audi first.

The other option I am considering is to buy the 2004 fx used - seeing as they depreciate about $2000 a year? the way i look at it, if i sell it in 3 years I would have paid $2000 * 3 years = ~ $6000 for it, versus $380 * 36 (to make it three years) * 13680, so $7600 less over the time of three years. However I don't know if it makes sense because I still need to get financing for it..

Thanks in advance,
    Alex
    I think I didn't mention that the 3,128 was the total amount due on delivery, not the cap reduction?
    badad,

I am also checking out the murano sl awd, but the sl is nothing like the fx in terms of performance.. gas mileage, yes! :) i thought i had a good deal on the murano: $1000 total due on delivery, $365 / month, but then i found the infiniti deals for paractically the same cost.. maybe i should look for a better murano deal, but fx took my liking. the other choice is the Acura MDX.. One thing I don't like in the FX is that it doesn't sit as high as the murano or the MDX.
  • rufusrykerrufusryker Member Posts: 5
    Can someone confirm whether exaudiowner is correct about 39 month leases being a waste. I was told by the salesman at Infiniti that going with 39 months absolutely saves you money -- and not just by stretching out your payments for another 3 months. I'm not sure what the salesman gains from lying about that -- maybe to make your car payments look lower. Any other opinions?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    The 39 mo. vs. 36 mo. lease value is entirely dependent on the lease specifics...

For some reason, Nissan and Infiniti seem to frequently offer lease specials based on 39 month terms. Usually, what makes the 39 month term more advantageous.. is the residual percentage is only 1% lower than the 36 month residual... A normal spread between the two terms would be 3%-4%, which would offer no advantage to the 39 mo. term..

I don't have the specifics on the lease numbers for the FX35 (Car_man will), but I will guess that there are good residuals for the 39 month terms...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

lol man 39 month lease is waste i love how no one listens to me... they pitch it for a reason guys. Use your common sense. If it's too good to be true it is.
  • kprice2kprice2 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for leasing the FX 35 as well and I've done my research and read these posts (which have been very helpful) but I'm hoping someone could offer advice to me about getting into a lease with negative equity.

Unfortunately, I'm about $2500 in negative equity with my current car so I'm not sure how to approach leasing this vehicle considering all the info on this board. How do I not put any money down (which is frowned upon in leasing) knowing that I have negative equity? Can I even do that? How do I get rid of the neg. equity without putting down a substantial amount of money? I was told to look for leases that offer rebates and incentives to knock out my equity but I'm finding this rarely ever happens!

Help! Any suggestions? Car_Man what do you recommend?

Thanks!
    hey kprice.... negative equity... so your about $2500 upsidedown right now. Are you currently financing or leasing? Best way without rebates to lower that $2500 is to try and sell the car for more than it is residualized for (if u are leasing it.) How do I not put any money down (which is frowned upon in leasing) knowing that I have negative equity you ask? Well first off not putting any money down IS NOT frowned upon. Tell the dealer you don't want to put any money down... just inception fees (i.e. acquisition fee, doc fees, first months payment etc etc). In most cases putting money down turns out to be a waste. Roughly every $1000 you put down you lower your lease payment $30/mo. Thats $360 a year $1080 over the life of the lease. Well that $1000 now is worth more than $1080 in 3 years... my suggestion, unless its really really worth it dont put extra money down. All you are doing is fudging the numbers of your monthly payment by throwing $ at it.... hope this helps!
  • kprice2kprice2 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help exaudiowner! I am actually currently financing not leasing so with that in mind, what do you suggest? (the other recommendation you gave was for leasing...)

I'm dying to lease a GX or FX 35 but I don't want a $450 plus monthly payment because of my negative equity. I would love to utilize the current deal they have right now but don't know how the negative equity would affect those numbers.
  • golfdude1golfdude1 Member Posts: 12
    Car_man, I wonder if you can see if this deal is good or bad.

FX-35
    AWD
    Touring pkg.

24 months
    cap cost $38,100
    residual 70%
    money factor .00205
    acq fee $550 cannot waive

36 months
    cap cost $38,100
    residual 60%
    money factor .00155
    acq fee $550 cannot waive

Does this sounds like a little too much?
    kprice you are saying after you sell your car you will be $2500 out of pocket i.e. you owe on $12500 on your car and you sell it for $10000 (fair market value)? Are you looking to purchase or lease the fx35? My best piece of advice is if you already own your home and other assets and you don't like to hold on to your cars for long I would lease. Almost all cars are depreciating assets... there are a few exceptions. Infiniti is running some great lease deals on the fx35. I just bought a condo and own a home elsewhere... I would rather sink my $ in to those properties and get better return out of them than take a huge chance on perhaps getting my equity back on a purchase of a vehicle. Buy land cause god isnt making any more of it! :)
    good residiuals... money factor on the 36 month is too high they can lower it to .0011 I just got a lease with a money factor of .0011 through IFS so if you have a 700+ credit score you can too... Whats the msrp on that vehicle, $38,100? If so, haggle the dealer for a few extra thousand off the price of the car. MSRP is just that.. suggested. It even says on Infiniti's web page that prices are set by your dealer.
    The msrp is 40,400 but it's too high for me. I do have score above 700. Does that matter much?

I'm working with another dealership for another quote. So far, I got a quote for FX-35, RWD, touring & technology package for $39,364, MSRP is $43260. If I want to lease for 24 months, what do you think will be a good payment? I want to put nothing down.
    Guys, please let me know if my lease pmt calculation is correct. I used a selling price of 35,500 (is it unrealistic?) with zero down. Also, i live in the state of New Jersey, and I included the tax in the net cap cost caluclation, is this right? Did I miss / over-include any fees?

INFINITI W/ TOURING
    Money Factor 0.0015
    Residual Percentage 0.6
    Term 39

MSRP 40110
    Selling Price 35500
    Cap Reduction 0
    Add-on Fees 55 Doc Fee
    Tax 790 5% * Pmts over Term
    Net Cap Cost 36345
    Residual 24066 MSRP * Residual %
    Total Depreciation 12279

Depreciation Fee 314.84 Total Depreciation / Term
    Finance Fee 90.61 (Net Cap Cost + Residual) * MF
    Monthly Pmt 405.46 Sum of Depreciation and Finance

License Fee 349
    Bank Fee 550
    First Pmt 405.46
    Cash on Delivery 1304.46

Thank you in advance,
    Alex
    as long as your credit score is above 700 they cant say you have bad or average credit and try to increase your money factor. Someone with a 700+ is considered to have good credit. I am paying 550 something a month for an AWD not RWD, has tech touring and sport packages. This is for a 36 month lease, tax an all of that wonderful stuff included. I put down $1000 which was my first months lease payment and the rest i let them figure out how they wanted to shift the money around to cover the acquisition fee etc. Im guessing it shouldnt be too much more than $550 a month. It would be like $640-670, however it is RWD not AWD and it doesnt have the sport package. Money factor for my 36 month was .0011. Yours shouldn't be too much diff. Read my previous posts on how to get the best deal on price from a car dealer. Learn how to play their games!
    exaudiowner

I'm really close to a deal. This is what I'm getting from the dealer. Tell me what you think would be a good payment. I live in texas, so I have to pay the entire tax on the vehicle. Let's just assume the payment without tax.

MSRP is $43,260
    FX-35 RWD
    Touring pkg
    Tech pkg
    Destination charge
    Cargo protection
    Roof rail
    Selling PRICE: $39,364

What should be my:
    Cap Reduction?
    Net Cap Cost?
    Residual %?
    MF ?
    24months lease
    15k/per year
    zero down

Anything else you might think I should look at once the finalized the numbers. I have until tomorrow to pull the trigger or the price is no longer valid. Thanks!!!!!