Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    onealmonealm Member Posts: 1
    Car Man, What are the current March Money Factors & Residuals on 24 & 36 month leases with 15K miles on a 2wd FX35 with Touring & Hands Free pkgs? I have only seen recent posts on AWD, and have an Idea that they should be close on the 2wd. I have an eye on one that I'll be test driving on 3-17. Sorry for the short notice. Thanks
  • Options
    letchletch Member Posts: 8
    I just leased an '07 FX35 AWD with touring package. The MSRP was $42,110. Thanks to this forum I wowed them with my knowledge of the current residual and money factor. They gave me a $3,000 discount off of MSRP and the residual of 68% on a 15k/yr lease with a money factor of .00125. It worked out to $529 per month including NC sales tax of 3%. I just paid 1st mo. payment of $529 at signing.
  • Options
    bryanlee81bryanlee81 Member Posts: 4
    I just leased FX35 with touring, hands free, and sports package.

I forgot the money factor and residual value..

it was 4000 out the door including first month payment
    and 389 a month for 27 months for 15k a year..
  • Options
    lovethatcarlovethatcar Member Posts: 1
    i went by the figures you got from manhattan infiniti
    im on long island we were quoted much higher from one dealer but i used your figures at another dealer and we purchased 2007 fx35 touring and hands free 480 per month
    plus 1st months and reg fee at signing thanks we love the price and the car
  • Options
    manaboutmanabout Member Posts: 31
    Hey Carman,

I was offered a somewhat similar deal from the same dealer as bryanlee81. My deal is for an '07 FX35 Tech, Touring, Handsfree (MSRP $46,299.50) 27 months/10K miles no money down. The inceptions are:

$795 Bank Fee (If going through IFS, shouldn't this be $595?)
    $700 Destination Charge
    $465 First month payment
    ----------------------------
    Approx. $2145 Out the door (with DMV fees) & $465 a month including NJ tax for 27 months

I'm waiting for the sales guy to give me the selling price and moneyfactor, but does it pass the sniff test?

This is supposed to be a "factory program" only available for March. Not sure how true that is, but I'm coming off lease on an '05 G35 coupe and would like to take advantage of the "program". Based on the research I've done, it seems to be a fairly decent deal, but I'll reserve judgment until I hear back.

Also, I spoke to my dealer, and he came in much higher.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

MAT
  • Options
    omarsomars Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone...

I went to the Infiniti Dealership in Daly City, CA today, and I was looking at the 2007 FX35s. The fleet manager quoted me roughly $35,100 for an FX35 that was a RWD, had a touring package, and intelligence system/bluetooth. Is this a good deal? I have a 2001 Acura 3.2 TL which I want to sell privately, and he offered to take a look and possibly give me a close value to what I was asking (12k). Also...I know this is a totally different category, but I am also interested in the 2007 G35. If you had to pick between the two classes and two vehicles, which one and what would you pay? Your help is appreciated..thanks!
  • Options
    finnorfinnor Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum, and may not be the right place. I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for. In September 2006 I went into my first lease on my first Infiniti, a 2006 FX 35 Beryllium/Brick with Hands Free, Touring, Sport, Tech, splash guards and cargo protector, msrp $46710. It has XM but they swapped in Sirius. I absolutely LOVE this car! Price paid was $43000. $550 acquisition fee. $92.74 CCR, $551.77 first pmt, $18 title, $3 reg, $5.56 tax on cap cost, $528.94 doc fee, total dp $1200.01. $551.77/mo for 12 mos at 12k/yr. Residual is $37835.10.

Looking at KBB trade just six months into the lease, the residual is set too high. If I want to buy at the end of the lease, who do I speak with? Can I negotiate, because all IFS will do is sell the car at auction. I have access to Mannheim pricing and know what the cars are bringing on a weekly base at auction. Or, would I be better off tuning it in and going in to negotiate on a fresh 2007/2008 this fall?

Thanks!
  • Options
    maxim49maxim49 Member Posts: 41
    Manabout - It looks like you're getting a pretty good deal and they are giving you the base MF and the correct residual rate and along with that, you're getting the car below invoice, which in $42,089 and you're getting it for about $41,815. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
    I would definitely pull the trigger.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    maxim49maxim49 Member Posts: 41
    Matt - Can you also tell me what dealership you went to and possibly your salesman? I want to get the same car except for the Tech pkg.
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    bcnybcny Member Posts: 3
    Here's a lease quote I just received for an FX35 by a reputable Infiniti dealer in the NYC metro area. Mind you, I've received about 3 with roughly the same montly & down payments.

Am I missing something here or is this VERY low.

Now, I'm aware that the specs of the vehicle are basically null, but no matter what the config, I feel like somethings not quite right.

You tell me.

--original message--

I am proud to offer you the very best overall buying experience in the Greater New York Metro area. My Internet clients receive the following Extra Value Package, designed to save you even more time and money:

No haggle - No hassle competitive price
    No hidden fees - just add tax and plates
    No Destination or Handling Charge
    Free Infiniti Wheel Locks
    Free Oil Changes for Life Program
    Full tank of gas
    Paperwork ready when you arrive
    Drive out with your new vehicle in 1 hour or less
    Lowest APR finance rates available
    Huge discounts on Genuine Infiniti Extended Warranty & Accessories

New 2007 Infiniti FX35
    Automatic Transmission

Lease for only 282/mo x 27 mos with 2500 Down

--end of message--

Anyone care to comment?
  • Options
    alchemist25alchemist25 Member Posts: 5
    Hey...i just happened to come across your post. I take it your talking about Infiniti of Serramonte? I was just there over the weekend and the fleet mananger quoted me $38,000 for a RWD FX 35 with touring and intelligence. Am i missing something here...thats a pretty good price he quoted you.
  • Options
    bryanlee81bryanlee81 Member Posts: 4
    Maybe it's a very very low mileage lease....

I've seen an offer from a dealer around NYC for something close to what you were offered.

FX35 AWD with bare naked no option
    with 2500 down and 299 a month for 27 months for 10k miles a year...
    but 2500 down + acquisition fee, tax, motor vehicle fee, destination fee and so on will make your initial payment way over 5000 dollars...

So if it's 2500 down with 282 a month.. I'm assuming it's somewhere near 8k miles a year...
  • Options
    That's just it...

I spoke to the dealer on the phone. This is Kings Infiniti in Brooklyn. He said, "As stated in your quote, there are No hidden fees - just add tax and plates. No Destination or Handling Charge, period. 12K miles lease."

Though again, I was so floored by the deal that I neglected to ask about vehicle config. Which I'm sure is bare, no options.

I'm going to take it a bit further and figure out what it'd cost with either the sport or touring package.

I'd also like to lease for 36mos. I wonder if this would dramatically change the monthly cost?
  • Options
    omarsomars Member Posts: 2
    Hey,

Yeah, I was at Infiniti of Serramonte. I mentioned that I was comparing prices with used FX's and that they were going for about 32k (for a 2005). Maybe I got this price because I was looking for fleet pricing through the company I work for, and its affiliated credit union..try that if it applies.
  • Options
    yamadr6yamadr6 Member Posts: 2
    OK everyone I just got back from a dealer in NJ.

Here is what they are giving me.

Total out of pocket is $3046.66
    Monthly Payment for a 27 month lease with a right for a month to month extension up to 6 months $436.06

The FX 35 has The Technology package with Turing package, Hands Free Package, Cross rails and Mud Guards

I am about to take this deal. What is everyone’s take on this Please advice. This is the best deal I have been able to get so far. I believe they are working with a below invoice price of $42,000 and a Residual cost of $32,592
  • Options
    bigpunn51bigpunn51 Member Posts: 2
    Just took delivery on a 2007 FX 35 with touring pkg, hands free, rails, and cargo upgrade msrp 42,110 purchase price 39,100 30 months at 539 per month. Good deal????????
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, maxim49. Infiniti is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. Anyone who wants to lease any 2006 Infiniti at this point will have to use its standard lease money factor of .00305. The current 24 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for a 2006 FX35 AWD is 58%. The residual for an otherwise identical 39 month lease is 47%. Infiniti's current dealer cash incentive on the '06 FX35 is $3,500.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hey l2jae. Infiniti's April lease program is different than the March program was, but I believe that the information that I provided last month is correct. Infiniti Financial Services' 24 month lease money factor is a little lower than its 27 month factor. It's 24 month residual should be around 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hello bryanlee81. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX35 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Your understanding of the $2,000 dealer cash incentive is correct, dpeck1. It is not compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi onealm. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00106 and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00135 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Congratulations on your new FX, letch. I'm glad that you found the information that you got in the discussion so helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi MAT. Yes, it appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking up Infiniti Financial Services' $595 acquisition fee to add hidden profit to your deal. At first glance, this deal looks good, but you really need to find out what this truck's selling price and money factor are before finalizing your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Welcome finnor. The fact that your vehicle's residual value was high was actually a good thing because it means that your monthly payment was lower than it would have been if your vehicle's residual value was more realistic. You should place a call directly to Infiniti Financial Services (assuming that this is the bank that you are leasing through) a month or two prior to the scheduled end of your deal to find out exactly how much it will cost you to purchase your FX at the end of your lease. Some banks are occasionally willing to lower the purchase prices of leased vehicles, but more often than not they won't. It still doesn't hurt to see if they would be willing to work with you. Consumers who are unsuccessful at getting their initial contact to work with them often have better luck if they work their way up the ladder to a manager. There's no guarantee that IFS will lower your truck's price, but it's worth a shot.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi yamadr6. A selling price of below invoice on a lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 is a good deal. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00124 (for a 27 month lease of an '07 FX35 AWD) to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    demps18demps18 Member Posts: 2
    I've also got an apparent very attractive price from same dealer. Have you pulled the trigger on the deal or perhaps can offer additional info on the dealer?
  • Options
    Hi bigpunn51. The truck that you described has a spread of around $3,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That means that the price that you were given on it is around $500 to $600 over invoice, which is a good deal on a lease of this model. Do you know what money factor was used to calculate your lease payment? I ask because I'm coming up with a lower monthly payment than the one that you were given when I crunch the numbers for this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    maxmirmaxmir Member Posts: 4
    Just visited my local dealership and ready to sign so that I can avoid any headaches. The price seems to be fair as well:
    Beril/Brick 2007 FX AWD
    Packages: Technology, Sports, Touring, Hands Free
    Extras: Cross Rails, Splash guards, Cargo cover, wheel locks
    Terms: 27 months / 10K
    MSRP: 48,600
    No Money down except for the first month payment ($555) and plates (around $150)= $700 due at signing
    All subsequent monthly payments of $565 include all other fees (bank, etc) AND taxes.

The dealer was extremely professional and courteous. That is the main reason why I do not want to look for trouble as I had the opposite experience with the Acura. This is my first post and thanks to all contributors on this forum.
  • Options
    jerdimjerdim Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the information. What kind of Money Factor/interest rate and residual value did you get? What was the term and milage? Thank you
  • Options
    9squaregrid9squaregrid Member Posts: 15
    I was working for several hours yesterday with my local Infiniti dealer trying to work out a deal for the FX35. The SUV has a sticker of about $47k.

His "Best" deal was $2500 down + fees through IFS and $530/mo including 8% tax rolled in for 27 months (12k miles/yr)

As for the figures used in the calcs...

-He started said that they could only discount it 2k (although I think he may have come down slightly in later negotiations to get the PMT a little lower but I'm not sure exactly how much. (I think about an additional $500 from my calcs)

Residual - 69%

MF - He stated that IFS's best rate was .00147, which is different than the .00124 I've seen here. When I mentioned the .00124 rate, he said that there was no such rate that he knew of.

I really liked the salesman overall and would prefer to work with someone local for several reasons, but feel like I need to get a better deal.

I've also talked to Infiniti of Manhattan, which is a few hours away. The salesman I spoke with on the phone flatly refused to give me the selling price, MF or residual value. Although he told me the residual would be on the contract. He told me that as a courtesy, he could disclose the MSRP(!) What a joke. I have a feeling they are using a VERY high residual to get the payments to $335 for otherwise the same car and terms as the car above. This deal requires $1995 down, but fees are higher - $795 bank and $700 Destination.

Since I don't plan to buy the car, the high residual doesn't concern me too much, but the overall shady nature of the salesman and his refusal to disclose even the most basic information scares me.

Please help! :)
  • Options
    Ok...I made a deal yesterday and I think I did pretty good. I had to drive 4 hours to the dealer in Manhasset, NY, but it was worth it to save more than $3k over my local Syracuse dealer.

'07 FX35 AWD
    -Tech, Hands-free, and Touring Packages
    -Black roof rails, spash guards, cargo protector

MSRP - $46,560.00
    Cap Cost - $42,302.65 (about $130 below invoice)
    MF - .00124
    Term - 27 months
    Residual - $32,126.40 (69%)
    Payment - $469.19

I had to pay $2260.49 out of pocket which included:

Sales tax - $1013.45 (New York requires this to be paid up front - although you can roll it into the payment if you prefer)
    First payment - $469.19
    Acq fee - $595
    Acq fee tax - $47.60
    Reg - $77.75
    Doc - $57.50
  • Options
    epressepress Member Posts: 5
    Folks-

Has anyone actually found out if the 12 month lease can be extended for an additional 6 or 12 months?
  • Options
    lewisgs22lewisgs22 Member Posts: 2
    Congrats on your new car..I was wondering how many miles did you get on your car...and did you price it without the tech pack??

thanks

Lewis
  • Options
    Thanks, I love it! The lease was for 12k miles/year. I did not price it without the tech pkg.
  • Options
    kvoightkvoight Member Posts: 8
    Just asked that same question and was able to extend 3 months with no questions asked. Of course it was not one of the lease end options they originally offered.
  • Options
    Thanks

What exactly do you mean " Of course it was not one of the lease end options they originally offered. "

Did they tell you something else originally?
  • Options
    kvoightkvoight Member Posts: 8
    The options they discuss are:
    Buy the car
    Turn in and lease a new Infiniti
    Turn in car and walk away
    ----each month you extend it lowers your monthly cost of ownership depending on what your drive off was.
  • Options
    Got it.

My question though was-

Originally- when you leased the car- did they tell you you would have the option to extend for 12 additional months?

Thanks
    E
  • Options
    kichuskichus Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at this lease deal from Manhasset Infiniti for FX 35 Tech, Touring and Sport package.

They give me:

MSRVP - $48660
    Capitalized Cost - $44631
    Residual Value at 70% - $34062
    Money Factor - 0.00124
    Bank Fee - $595
    Monthly payment $498
    Miles - 10,000
    Term - 27 months

Do you think this is something I should jump on?

I appreciate your suggestions.
  • Options
    maxmirmaxmir Member Posts: 4
    I am considering the same packages + Hands Free.
    My dealer is offering me a similar-to-yours priced vehicle ($48,660) with all packages above + crossbars + spalsh guards + cargo mat as following:
    Term: 27 months / 10K / $0 Down
    Due at Inception: $554 (first payment) + $155 (plates) + $45 (dealer fee)
    All subsequent Monthly payments: $554
    All fees (bank fees, taxes, destination, etc,) are ROLLED into my monthlly payment of $554.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    kichuskichus Member Posts: 4
    No, I'm paying all the fees up front. What I'm concerned with is the buy option. Is the buy price based on the residual value or can it be lower?
  • Options
    jokol2jokol2 Member Posts: 27
    Hi Car_Man; I have been reading your forum here and have been impressed with your knowledge of leasing. Here is my dilemma; I just bought a 2007 FX35 for myself and want to lease one for my wife (buying one is enough out of pocket for one year!!). The same dealer just offered me this deal which looks high to me and I am not sure what residual means or what effect this higher money factor has; here is the deal; 2007 FX35 Touring,Sport, Handsfree,splashguards,cargo protector; MSRP of $44110.00(that includes the $700 destination charge). They are offering me a 39 month lease at $551.22/month based on %59 residual and money factor of .00153. This is based on selling price of $41,862. First payment only $794.22 including title,registration etc. So, $551.22 per month for 39 months with a residual of $26,024.90.(He told me to take the MSRP and multiply it by the %59. Hope this is correct) What do you think???? They have the color my wife wants (liquid Platinum) but it would have to be transported down from another dealer at a cost of around $500 and also we are trading in our junker!!!!!! 2006 toyota 4runner that we are upside down on to the tune of $900. This is very CONFUSING to me. Any help would be most appreciated. We just went thru an absolute horrible experience with our 2 2006 4runners. I traded my Sportedition in on my new FX35 but I had a lot of equity in it. We have none in my wifes car. Won't let that happen again. Many thanks. Joe
  • Options
    grandzugrandzu Member Posts: 26
    A salesman in Jersey says the $2000 in manufacturer to dealer incentives on the FX35 do not apply to leases, only sales. Is this true?
    I see the $2000 in marketing support for both sales and leases on Edmunds so is this guy wrong?
  • Options
    He's right. The $2000 does not apply to leases through Infiniti Financial because they are offering subsidized money factors instead. The .00124 MF offered on the 27 month leases is equiv to about 3.34% interest. You can apply the $2k if you lease through a different bank, but I think you'll find that the IFS deal is (marginally) more attractive.
  • Options
    wheedler123wheedler123 Member Posts: 16
    What would be considered a good/fair deal on a 2007 FX35 AWD with sport/tech (sirius)/touring? Ext: white or navy, Int: Wheat

-27 month lease
    -15k miles/year
    -I don't want to put anything down other than absolutely required fees (NY/NJ/PA area).

Please let me know ASAP.
  • Options
    themisnthemisn Member Posts: 23
    Ideally I would like to extend the lease 6 months and get me through the winter. Anyone have luck extending it for longer than 3 months? I would think they wouldnt mind as a lot of these are gonna hit the market at the same time, and they would also want to move their leftover 07's in september..
  • Options
    Ok folks. Just returned from the Brooklyn, NY dealer and here's what I got quoted:

2007 Autumn Copper FX35
    Fully loaded.

Sport, Touring, Technology, Splash guards, Cargo protector,

Free Infiniti Wheel Locks
    Free Oil Changes for Life Program
    Full tank of gas

You name it, it's in there.

Lease @ 355mo x 27 mos.

Here's the "due at signing" data breakdown that I asked from the dealer:

Pro-Rata................... 0.00
    Cap. Reduction............. 2,500.00
    Doc Fee.................... 45.00
    Tax (NYC taxes up front)... 1,061.95
    License Fees (New Plates).. 150.00
    Gov. Fees.................. 12.50
    Advanced Pmts.............. 355.00
    Security Deposit........... 0.00
    Bank Fee................... 595.00
    Total Drive Off............ 4719.45
    Less Net Trade............. 0.00
    Reservation Deposit (visa). 500.00
    Cash Due On Delivery....... 4219.45

Rate (MF?)................. 1.240
    Term....................... 27
    Miles...................... 10k

Please let me know if this sounds good and if I should sign on Monday please....
    :) Thanks all. :confuse:
  • Options
    jokol2jokol2 Member Posts: 27
    This is a follow up to my previous post here; I decided against leasing and went ahead and bought this FX35 so that's 2 of them in 2 weeks!!! Sure glad there are no more drivers in our house--- I'm BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Jokol2
  • Options
    tfilatfila Member Posts: 1
    Was recently e-mailed the following deal. Any thoughts appreciated!

2007 FX35 rwd
    Liquid Plat.
    27 mos/15k per year
    Cap. Cost - 39,374.77 inc. $595 bank fee, $158.50 Lic. Fee
    No cap cost reduction.
    residual @ 67% = 27,208.70 w/total depreciation of $12,166.07

Payments of $571.92 (depreciation @ 450.60, rent @ 83.90, tax @ 37.42.

Up front fees inc. tax, doc fee ($345) and first month's payment = $1,021.07

Rate (money factor?) of 1.260

Seems like a lot for a sub-40k vehicle compared to other deals I've seen posted. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    atfryaratfryar Member Posts: 30
    I've been offered:

2007 FX35 AWD
    MSRP: $42,360
    Your Price: $40,677.92
    Residual: 72%
    Money Factor: .00044
    Lease Term: 21 Months
    Miles per year: 12,000
    Money Due: $2,150
    Monthly Payment: $ 499.99

What are the May money factors and residuals?

Thanks CarMan!