Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• atfryaratfryar Member Posts: 30
    When calculating a lease payment, should the installation of satellite radio be included in the 'selling price' (not the msrp, but the negotiated selling price of the car)? My lease payments are dramatically different if I include the extra 800 for sat radio in that amount...

I could argue that having sat radio has no impact on the residual of the car...

Any response is appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • atrajanatrajan Member Posts: 27
    Hello All,

I have this deal from infiniti from Manhattan

2007 FX35 AWD with Touring Package

Purchase price : $38,000
    Residual Price : 75%
    Money Factor : .00023
    Mileage : 10K per Year
    Lease per month: $249 per month
    Down Payment : $1995

What do you guys think? Is there something i need to watch out?

thanks.
    R
    What is the MSRP and Term (#months) on that quote? Is the 1,995 strictly a cap cost reduction or does it include fees, etc...?

Carman????
    The $1995 is just a cap reduction. The monthly payment if taxes, bank fee etc is rolled into is $368

2007 FX35 AWD with Touring Package
    MSRP : $42,360
    Term of Lease : 21 months
    Lease per month: $368 per month
    Down Payment : $1995

thanks,
    R
    Carman any suggestion on the above deal?

thanks,
    R
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome maxmir. You never mentioned the selling price of the FX that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be glad to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi 9squaregrid. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is too high. Infiniti is currently pushing 21 month leases of the FX35 right now. Infiniti Financial Services' current 21 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 FX35 AWD are .00044 and 72%, respectively.

As far as this truck's selling price goes, there is a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So if you are getting a $2,500 discount as you suspect (you should really confirm that it the case) you are getting a pretty good deal. It wouldn't hurt to stop by the following discussion to compare the price that you were quoted to what other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new FX, 9squaregrid. Any price on a lease of an '07 Infiniti FX35 that's under dealer invoice is a good one. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kichus. In May Infiniti is really pushing 21 month leases of the FX35. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 21 month lease of a 2007 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00044 and 72%, respectively. This is the term that I would go with if I was in the market for an FX right now.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. The vehicle that you described has a spread of around $4,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So the discount of $4,000 that you were quoted looks very attractive to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks Joe. Since this is your first time leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's take a look at the price that you were quoted for this truck. The Infiniti FX35 that you described has a dealer invoice price of around $40,300. This means that the selling price that you were quoted is around $1,500 over invoice. There's enough room there that it wouldn't hurt to see if you can get this dealer to lower your price a little bit or perhaps comparison shop to find a dealer that will. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Make sure to keep in mind that the dealer cash that is available on this model right now is not compatible with its special lease program.

Infiniti is really pushing 21 month leases of the FX in May. It's best lease program is available for that term. If you were to lease a 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year right now, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00120 and 56%, respectively. Make sure that the dealer you lease from uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    What you were told is correct, grandzu. The dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on the 2007 FX35 is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi wheedler123. This truck's lease payment will vary depending upon what its full MSRP and selling price are. I would be happy to use Infiniti Financial Services' current lease program to estimate what the monthly payment would be on the lease that you are interested in, but it would be a big help if you provided me with these prices first. You can look up this vehicle's MSRP by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site. I can give you an approximate selling price if you tell me what the dealer invoice price as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bcny. The money factor that you were quoted is in line with what others have reported getting in April. Infiniti actually enhanced the FX's lease program for the month of May. It is currently pushing 21 month leases of this model. Its new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 21 month lease of an '07 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00044 and 72%, respectively. That's the way that I would go if I was in the market for this model right now.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX35 that you are interested in leasing in your post. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would happy to give you my opinion on the deal you are getting if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings tfila. Infiniti enhanced the FX's lease program for the month of May. It is currently pushing 21 month leases of this model. Its new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 21 month lease of an '07 FX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00044 and 72%, respectively. That's the way that I would go if I was in the market for this model right now.

I see that you mentioned this truck's capitalized cost in your post. That's great because this is a very important number to have. If you tell me what its MSRP is, I will be able to see how much of a discount you are being given and I'll let you know what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi atfryar. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with Infiniti's new enhanced 21 month lease special for this model. The truck that you described has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You are only being given a discount of around $1,700 on the specific model that you are interested in. I personally would want a larger discount than that. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi atfryar. Satellite radio would be included in your vehicle's MSRP when calculating the residual value for your lease. How much it adds to the selling price of your vehicle depends upon what price you negotiate on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi atrajan. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks great. I believe that it is right around this vehicle's dealer invoice price. The money factor looks great as well. I personally wouldn't make the $1,995 down payment (you risk losing it if your truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered), but other than that this looks like a great deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • brutus2000brutus2000 Member Posts: 6
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Tech / NAV Package

Cost: $43,223
    Residual Value: 72% ($33,523)
    Money Down: $3000 (Includes Tax / Doc+Bank FEe @ $640 / Licesnse / CAP Reduction @ $1044)
    Lease Payments: $449/mo
    Miles: 12K
    Term: 21 mo.

Any help is appreciated :) Going to see a few more dealers today and want to have a decision on monday. Thanks!

I
  • precision80precision80 Member Posts: 7
    im in nyc and looking at this too but am wondering why its so cheap and if there is any "catch"
  • davivi23davivi23 Member Posts: 3
    carman are the Residual and MF for the 21 month Inifiniti special May program the same for 15k miles/yr lease?

thanks in advance :)
    Yes it was too good to be true ...

I called again ..and they mentioned i have an additional charge.

$1740 ($200 MV , Accusation $795, Dealer documentation : $45 , Destination charge : $700)

this is what i currently have

2007 FX35 AWD with Touring Package and handsfree
    MSRP : $42,360
    Term of Lease : 21 months
    Lease per month: $398 per month ($279 per month before taxes and registration)
    Down Payment : $1995 + inspection (200 MV , Accusation $795, Dealer documentation : $45 , Destination charge : $700) : +$1740
    If Zero Down lease per month = $398 + $95 + $82= $575
    Include navigation : +$30 = $603
  • charley4charley4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Does anyone have experience using the Costco Auto Program and have any opinions of it? I have received some quotes on a 2007 FX 35 using the program but am wondering if I should negotiate further. The following question is about a 2007 FX 35. Touring, Sport, Hands Free, splash guards, cargo protector. I'm in Seattle where I have 2 dealerships available, so not a lot of competition.

MSRP: $44170
    Invoice: $40,387

Sales quote: $41,610
    Lease quote:
    Cap Cost: $43,660
    Bank Fee: $595
    Total Cap: $44,255
    Cap Reduction: $2,955.56
    Net Cap: $41,299.44
    Residual: 57%
    Monthly payment: $540.48 (495.40 + 45.08 tax)
    Miles: 10,000/year
    Term: 39 months
    Money factor: not listed
    Total Drive Off: $3,995.00 (includes tax, license fee, first payment)

I asked for a quote from the 2nd dealer and it was roughly comparable. I specifically mentioned the Edmunds TMV price and asked if he couldn't do better. He didn't change the quote and said that TMV typically reflects large markets and that in Seattle they sell fewer cars, have less competition and need higher margins to be in business. Their Costco quote is a fixed markup of $1500 over invoice.

So I'm all confused. I know I'm not in LA or NY but I read all the stories of deals at or under invoice, even on a lease. If anyone has an opinion on the lease quote (I can buy but am interested in the lease) and/or the Costco program I'd be grateful.
  • nycjokernycjoker Member Posts: 12
    What are the correct values for the 21 months lease program with 10k miles on FX35 AWD using IFS?

I see some are posting 75% residual and .00023 money factor while others have 72% and .00044. What are the correct numbers to use? Thanks.
  • wizard26wizard26 Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys, need your opinion on this deal!!!!!
    Went to a dealer today,
    he quoted a lease pmt for 2007 FX 35 with tech pkg only (no sport pkg). Here are the specs:

Term: 21 months (he said it is a best term now??)
    12k ml/year (1k ml/month)
    monthly pmt - $435
    tax - $861
    down - $551
    bank fee - $595
    1 month pmt- $435
    doc fee - $45

total down pmt $ 2487 (includes tax, fees, money down, and 1st pmt)

MSRP - $46,560
    Selleing price - $42,512

Residual value 72%
    money factor - .00044 (RV and MF I assumed from posts above, since never asked the dealer)

Can anyone advise me if this is a good deal???
    In my opinion selling price looks over priced. :confuse:
    Will appreciate any suggestion.

Thank You in advance. :)
  • manaboutmanabout Member Posts: 31
    atrajan,

I had the "pleasure" of dealing with Infiniti of Manhattan and all I can say is be very cautious. The deal they are quoting you is not with IFS. It is with another finance company (Han?). IFS' acquisition fee is $595, not $795 and why are they charging you a destination fee when it is included in the truck price already? When I mentioned this to the sales guy, that’s when it came out that the “program” wasn’t through IFS. Some people don’t care about which finance company they use, but keep in mind that Han also charges a disposition fee, which IFS doesn’t.

Also, I didn’t like they way they operated. After getting the lease payment info from the sales person, I told him I would think about it and let him know. Then the finance manager came out and tried to “close the deal”. Despite his repeated attempts to get me to buy on the spot, I made it clear that I had no interest in going with another finance company, as I was an IFS customer already. When I asked to have the deal terms, he wanted to know why I wanted to know the residual, cap cost and money factor! Why? Cause it’s my money! Long story short, I didn’t buy the FX from them, it felt too shady.

If you call them out and let them know that you are knowledgeable about what’s going on in the market, I think you should be able to get a good deal on non tech truck through IFS without any cap cost reduction. Even after I walked, I had the sales guy calling me willing to beat any offer that I had by $200.

I hope that helps.

MAT
    i got quoted today-
    $450/month with tax, 12k miles, 21 months. MF .44 and 72% residual . Nav, premium, handsfree. No Sport package. MSRP 46k and change. Selling price 41k and change. 595 bank fee, first month, dmv. I think its a pretty good deal.
  • manaboutmanabout Member Posts: 31
    I would agree. That's about $700-800 below invoice for a tech FX. I'd pull the trigger on that. Who quoted you that?
    it is a very good deal.
    I too am in the market for a FX35 ...and have not gotten anything close to yours.

can you share the dealership name?

thanks,
    Rajan
  • nak026nak026 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,
    The company I work for I guess is a business partner with Infiniti and we have VPP pricing available to us. After reading the long explanation of our deal, the fine print at the bottom of the page outlines the true details of our discount. Please let me know if this would end up being a good deal or if I would be better off negotiating myself. Thanks!...
    (1) Pre-negotiated price includes dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus a destination and handling charge and applicable advertising assessment fee, plus a delivery fee of 2.5% of dealer net. Any dealer-installed accessories, registration fees, title fees, and applicable taxes are not included in the VPP purchase price and must be paid by the purchaser in addition to the VPP price. When a dealership sells a vehicle to you at the pre-negotiated price indicated above, it qualifies for a 5 percent delivery fee.
  • piterburgpiterburg Member Posts: 4
    My employer has the same program. Thought of using it myself, as I am looking for a new lease this month. I am not quite sure if this is the best deal one can get, but would love to hear Carman's opinion. I tried different approaches like asking for a quote and then telling a dealer that I am a VPP customer, once I tried to get a quote by stating at the beginning that I am a VPP customer. Did not see my difference in numbers.
    Jeff @ Kings Infiniti Brooklyn NY. Picked up yesterday.
  • nycjokernycjoker Member Posts: 12
    Can you please post all the numbers you got such as total due at signing, money down, any other fees? I'm in the Brooklyn area too and looking for FX35 AWD with Navi. If I can get this car at $450/month with all taxes, $0 down, and ~$1200 due at signing that would be awesome.

Appreciate the info!
    Hello Mat,

Yes. I too did felt them to be too shady.

Luckily i did all my communications over the phone ..and did not waste my time visiting their location.

thanks for the headsup.

-Rajan
    21 Month, 15K lease on a 2007 FX35 AWD with Touring/Tech/HandsFree/splash&cargo with 1,000 down (to cover fees, registration, etc... only) for 500/month (which includes 5% MA tax).

My lease calc seems to put this right around invoice... Does this sound legit? Not sure what the dealers number are, but Edmunds has an MSRP of 46,370 and invoice of 42,283 on this vehicle. Any input/feedback is appreciated!
    Thanks
  • kennyjacobkennyjacob Member Posts: 9
    Was offered in NJ:

2007 Infinity FX35 AWD

MSRP: $42,420
    Lease Buy Price: $37,978

Hands Free pckg
    Touring Pckg
    Cargo Protector
    Splash Guards
    Black Roof Rail Crossbars

39 Months / 12k miles per year

$465 per month (I am paying taxes up front and normal document/Dmv fees)

I think I did well, any feedback?
  • lee0001lee0001 Member Posts: 37
    Lease a 2007 Infiniti FX 35 AWD with hands free, touring and technology packages:

MSRP $ 46650
    Cap cost $ 42554
    Factor .00044
    Residual $ 33121.50 =71%
    Term 21 month
    mileage 15000 year
    payment $ 482.47

Due at signing $ 2257 (includes registration, bank, doc. fees and taxes)
    Just look into the Residual a little more, call other dealerships. I was told the residual for a 21 month lease is currently 76% (but that may be for a 12kmiles per year, otherwise it looks good
    I pretty much just got the same vehicel (msrp=46,620, selling price 42,421) 15K, 21 Month for an even 500/month but I only had to put down $999.99 (fees, registration, etc...). As a current IFS customer, I qualified for the waiving of my first payment... new program.
  • lee0001lee0001 Member Posts: 37
    That's intersting that you only had to put down less than half that they want from me. When I asked for clarification of the amount, I got:

The $ 2257.58 consist on:
    first month payment...............$ 482.47
    bank fee................................$ 595
    Doc fee................................ $ 189
    taxes....................................$ 791.11
    registration............................$ 200 more or less if less will refund you the difference.

So, if these numbers are correct...how did you only have to put down $999.99?
    What state are you in? I don't pay taxes up front in MA... and they waived my first months payment so bank/doc/registration would come to about 999. I pay tax on each monthly payment so the 500/month includes tax (actual payment probably breaks down to $477 + $23 tax).

Herb Chambers Infiniti in Boston if you want to email them...
  • Gatorfan123Gatorfan123 Member Posts: 37
    Does anyone know what the residual is for an FX45 at 12k miles a year? Also, what the current money factor is?

I am leasing an FX35 now and the lease expires soon and I wanted to see if the great lease rates being offered on the FX35 now also apply to the FX45.

Thanks
  • corbanocorbano Member Posts: 3
    Hello all,

After reviewing the various posts, I would like to obtain feedback on a recent deal I was offered. I don't understand all of the terms however, the bottom line is as follows:

2007 FX35 (Sapphire) w/ Tech. Package
    Capitalized Cost: 44,595
    Capitalized Cost Reduction: 2,325.95
    Adjusted Cap. Cost: 42269.05
    Residual Value: 27,056.70
    Cash upfront: $3,300
    Monthly Payment $497.39
    39 month lease

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi All,

Just wrapped up the deal for the Infinity FX 35 AWD in Northern NJ

Ended up paying only $462 per month, 39 months (I paid the taxes up front along with doc fees etc)

12k miles per year

56% Residual. When the dealership first put the deal together they tried to sneak in that residual is 55%, but I caught them and said that every other dealership is offering 56% for 12k miles per year, 39 months. They claim they lost over $500 (under invoice) but I'm sure they make up for it from manufacturer and service etc.

This ended up less expensive per month than their 21 month lease deal, so shop around and know you can get it for $462 per month + taxes of course.

Good luck.
    Did you go into the lease calculator???

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

This should help you figure out exactly how much your lease should be based upon your negotiated sale price of the car. Make sure the risidual % is equal to at least 3 other dealerships in your area as well as the Money Factor. THey like to play around with that stuff.

Good luck.

Kenny
  • verystingyverystingy Member Posts: 36
    Hey Carman,
    Would you be so kind to let me know what the money factor, residual and dealer incentives are on the FX35 for June? I am interested in getting one this month with the technology, touring, and hands-free packages. I plan on getting a 48 month lease with zero down and 12K per year.
    Thanks for your help (and this applies to anyone else who answers).

Sal
  • verystingyverystingy Member Posts: 36
    Hey corbano,
    I think you should be able to do much better than that.
    How many miles are you getting? If its a 12K per year lease, think you should be able to get a lower monthly payment and be able to put about only $1500.00 down. I did the math for a 48 month lease with 12K and interest rate of 1.58% and came out with a $465 payment with $1300.00 down.
    Try to negotiate a little harder, they are desperate to get rid of these. Good luck.
    Sal
    Kenny,

Thanks for the leaseguide link and the tip! That's just what I needed.

Art
    Sal,

The deal on the table is in fact a 12k per year lease. I assumed the upfront cash amounted to taxes, first months payment etc. As we all know, the dealer can tweak the numbers on one end and make up the difference on another. I just want to make sure I don't get burned.

Great forum (thanks for the tips)!

Art
  • gpinkhamgpinkham Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a lease deal here in MA. It's $295/month for 21 months. 10k miles a year. about $1200 drive away charges (1st month payment, taxes, fees etc..) and $3000 down. I can't seem to figure out how they can get the car down to this price.. I was looking at other cars like (ford edge etc..) and they're all over 400 a month.. Any ideas???

Thanks
    Gary
  • redvelvet2620redvelvet2620 Member Posts: 25
    If you will be so kind to share any information as to where you are shopping around and what kind of quotes you are getting that will be great :) . I live in NYC. We are shopping for a similar FX35.