Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• robhobsonrobhobson Member Posts: 3
    My wife has a 2004 FX35, suckered into a 60 month lease, still owes $12,000, $30,000 to pay lease off, wants to trade early cause already has 72,000 miles on it. Wants another Infiniti lease (either G35S or another FX35) but cant find a similar payment. Currently paying $575/month. Any advise from anyone out there?
  • tsoltsol Member Posts: 40
    What payments are you finding and how equipped?

Just picked up '08 with Touring, hands free, ipod, splash, a few oddities, list 42,800 for 10k miles, 36 mo.

568.00/month with 568.00 (first month payment) down. The MFs are high on these cars right now for some reason.
  • robhobsonrobhobson Member Posts: 3
    all over the board. because of the neg. equity on her car, hv had payments from 650 - 850/month. withouth trade, best deal I have seen is on a 2008 Fx 35, touring, handsfree, splash, msrp $40,825, their price - $35,803 +tax, 36mo, 15k, 51% resid, .00243 buy rate (52% resid. at 12k).
  • scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    My 12 month lease of a 2006 FX35 (Touring, Handsfree, no nav, not sport) is up Nov-3. I'm currently paying $465/month including 7% for 15Kmiles 1 year. Dealer called me offering 2008 FX35 same options as my 2006 for $499/month including tax + BankFee, DocFee, Reg for 39Mon term. I wasn't interested. He called again 2 wks later offering same pmt I'm in today $465 including tax, 2 year lease nothing down, only first + BankFee+DocFee+Reg due at signing and 12Kmiles per year. Not sure if this is a good deal? I'm told this is for September only.

Car_Man can you advise what the money factor, residual, would be for 24 month lease 10, 12 and 15K miles per year please? I am in the RI/MA area. Thank you!
  • david_fldavid_fl Member Posts: 17
    I have been looking all over the net trying to find an accurate listing of the current lease rates available on the FX35 and came across this info:

New Lease Program for 2008 FX???

I was wondering if anybody could confirm that Infiniti has released a new lease program for the remainder of the month? Car_man can you deny or confirm this and provide any further insight?
  • cwsteve2117cwsteve2117 Member Posts: 2
    Just got my 2008 AWD FX35 on Tuesday. I love it! I just thought I'd post the deal I ended up with for others to reference since other's previous posts helped me out alot.

Packages:
    Touring
    Hands Free
    Cargo mat
    Splash guards
    Black roof rail crossbars

MSRP 42,265
    Invoice 39,234
    Cap Cost 36,649
    Residual 50%
    Money Factor .00243
    15,000 miles a year
    Term 42 Months
    No Money Down
    Base Monthly Payment $578.00

I think it was a good deal (too late now haha). Hope this helps any others looking to lease. Also, I live in the DC metro area in case that affects the numbers.
  • cwsteve2117cwsteve2117 Member Posts: 2
    I doubled checked my lease agreement and it looks like the residual maybe 51% and the total capitalized cost is closer to 39k. My sale price was actually $36,616.
  • david_fldavid_fl Member Posts: 17
    I just had a conversation with my Infiniti dealer and got some updates on where the new lease deals are at. Here is what info I was able to have him provide me in regards to a 2008 FX35 FWD.

24 months
    68% Residual
    .00084 MF

39 months
    55% Residual
    .00127 MF

These are all with 15k miles per year.

The 36 month was basically in the middle of those so I did not really pursue it and the AWD had a bit higher residual and MF, but not sure what those are.

I was also told that they are trying to have a "sales blitz" for the remainder of the month as sales had dropped off drastically for the FX so far for Sept.
  • jhyoojhyoo Member Posts: 13
    I just wanted to say thanks to all of you especially Car_man for all the help over the years. I need your help again! Like a lot of you, my lease is ending on my FX 35 awd touring and hands free in the middle of Nov. Last year Nov, I got into that great deal the Infiniti was running on the FX 35. I would like to get into another FX 35 or EX in a month. Can you please list the residual values and money factors for this month for the FX? Also, if you had any information on the what the new EX is going to be?
    Sorry, I need to clarify some things. What would the residual value and money factor be for a FX35 for 24 and 36 months with 18,000 miles/year? Also, I see people asking for 27 months or 39 months, what's the advantage for doing that? And, does anyone know what the residual values and money factors are going to be based off for the EX? Thanks Again, everyone!
  • donnyeyes3donnyeyes3 Member Posts: 2
    Is it the handsfree alone or the whole technology package, does the 2900 down you put also include bank fee, first and the motor vehicle charges? I am going to kings to test drive thefx35 and was planning to get it from someone elese, but that looks like a good deal, who did you deal with there?
  • donnyeyes3donnyeyes3 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted by a friend who does the lease packages, with the new program, 510 for the tech package, hands free, no sport no navi, no money down 510 per month, upfront i pay bank, first and dmv charges.

Does anyone know of any better deals?
    What were the numbers they are quoting you (MSRP, cap cost, residual, money factor...)? And also what were the terms (months, mileage)? That does sound pretty good! Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, Lianne. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00285 and 48%, respectively. As you can see, Infiniti is no longer providing lease support on the 2007 FX. If you really want to lease one, you would probably be better off going with a 2008 model. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of one are .00130 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi willgur. In October, Infiniti is providing $2,500 dealer cash on the 2008 FX35. Here is a link to the section of Edmunds.com that mentioned this incentive: Infiniti FX35 Incentives. Unfortunately, this dealer cash is not compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program. It is only for consumers who pay cash or finance their new FX.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello fx3. A selling price of $1,000 below dealer invoice on a leased 2008 Infiniti FX35 is an excellent deal. The money factor that you were quoted is a little too high though. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 55%, respectively. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this lease program to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello djdez. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I suspect that you are correct that the low lease money factors would result in a lower lease payment than using the dealer cash and the standard lease program. If I was interested in leasing an Infiniti FX35 right now, I personally would probably a go with a 2008 model because of its lease support. Infiniti Financial Services' current 24 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2008 FX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00084 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00130 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kvoight. Your lease payment for a new FX35 will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. I can work up a sample lease payment on this vehicle now using some assumptions. For now I will assume that the FX35 that you are interested in has an MSRP of $40,265 and that you are able to negotiate a $2,000 discount on it. This is a base model. Let me know if you have some actual numbers for me to use. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD that has an MSRP of $40,265 and a selling price of $38,265 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $488. Obviously the payment for a loaded model would be higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, snoppy. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00084 and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this vehicle are .00130 and 56%.

Infiniti is no longer providing lease support on the 2007 FX. As a result, if you were to lease one through IFS, you would have to use its standard lease program. I suspect that your payment will be lower if you go with the 2008 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new FX, spetz1. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent experience with Kings Infiniti with others.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi scottrl. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00101 and 69%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 1% higher. I think that the residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 2% higher than the 15k resid, but you better check with the dealer to make certain this is correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi david. Infiniti did enhance its lease program on the FX in late September. I believe that its enhanced lease money factors on this model were extended for the month of October. I would be happy to give you an idea of what the current program is like on the exact model that you are interested in if you describe it to me and tell me how long you want to lease it for as well as what mileage allowance you need.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new FX, cwsteve2117. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, jhyoo. Welcome back. I would be happy to give you an idea of what Infiniti's current lease program is like on this vehicle. You never mentioned a couple of key pieces of information, so I will have to make some assumptions. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00136 and 57%, respectively.

Infiniti has not published any information on what its lease program for the new EX will be like when it is available. I suspect that Infiniti will not provide any lease support on it at first. If so, its buy rate lease money factor will be IFS' standard factor of .00285. It's tough to say what its residual values will be like.

Car_man
    Host
  • dirtydogsdirtydogs Member Posts: 12
    I have the following offer for a 2008 RWD FX35 that has an MSRP of $41,075 (Touring package, hands-free, rear cargo cover, roof rack rails). Invoice is around $37,750.

The agreed to sale price is $38,175 plus the sales tax of $2,385 (here in Texas, by law, you are required to pay the sales tax on the full value of the sale price, unlike most other states where you pay the tax on the depreciation only) and acquisition fees of $790.

That brings the total capitalized cost to: $41,350

It is a no-money down 39 month lease with 12K per year.

Money factor is: .00127
    Residual value is: 56%

Total monthly payment (including taxes) of $552.00

I ran the numbers and came up with $547.00

Do you think I can do any better than this? Perhaps get the sale price down a few hundred and/or increase the residual one percent?

Thanks for your great information.

Sincerely,

DirtyDogs
    Thanks Car_Man,

I'm looking for the FX35 awd with 18,000 miles for either a 24 or 36 month term. What's the residual and money factor for the 07 and 08?

Thanks again,
    I also wanted to add if anyone knows if the $2500 for marketing support to dealer can be used towards leases?

Thanks for all your help,
  • jessiemjessiem Member Posts: 19
    I have the following offer for a 2008 AWD FX35 from Infiniti of Manhattan that has an MSRP of $48,725(Touring, Hands Free, Technology and Sport Package).

Details:
    Initial Down Payment: $1995
    Bank Fee: $795
    Destination Fee: $700
    Other Fees are taxes (base on NJ= 7%)
    DMV- I think around $200, I live in NJ
    39 Month Lease with $445/month at 10k miles per year

Another Option:
    For 39 months with the (Touring, Hands Free, Technology package): $419/mo with $1995 down, and $479/mo with $0 down.

Sport Package: would be $26.46 more towards the monthly payment.

As of right now, I am currently driving an Acura TL Type S(2002) 4Dr Sedan with 48, 656 Mileage. Well Maintained with a 7 inch DVD/Navi System. I am also thinking of using it as a trade in, if the dealer give me a good offer.

Do you think I can do any better than this?

Sincerely,
    JessieM
    So I got this deal and going to sign on it if everything checks out.

08 FX35 AWD Hands Free, Touring, Tech, Roof Rails, Cargo Area Protector, Splash Guards.

MSRP: 46,725
    Invoice: 42,602
    Initial Cap: 43,390
    Acq Fee: 595
    D/H: 489
    Extra for Miles (additional miles over 15K, 6K @ .10): 600

24 month / 18K miles
    Res: 69%
    MF: .00101

So $611 + taxes (7.4%) = $656
    Due at signing $656 (first month) + $17.20 (Filing Fee) = $675

Please let me know if that checks out, I ran the numbers and I'm within 5-10 dollars of that.

I think it's a good deal, any opinions.
  • papazhenyaaapapazhenyaaa Member Posts: 7
    here's what i think is a normal price for this car:

FX35 2008 $49,400 msrp car (touring, tech, sport, ipod and some small things)

$1000k total first day (incl monthly payment)
    $480/mo total
    12k miles a year
    24 months
  • bobby423bobby423 Member Posts: 8
    I was given a money factor of .00236 on a 36 month 15 miles per year lease. Is this money factor crazy high?

Bub
  • justinnyjustinny Member Posts: 1
    FYI, I just got a MF of .00133 from Infiniti of Manhasset, NY.

Use this spreadsheet to assist w/ Lease calculations...

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/regm.xls

-Justin
  • RNGRVR18RNGRVR18 Member Posts: 8
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking at a 2008 FX35 AWD with Touring, hands-free, and the ipod adapter. Every dealership is indicating there offer is at invoice which is great but I can't get any consistent answers on the residual and MF. I'm looking to do a 24 mo with 12K. One dealer quoted .00085/69 while another quoted .0014/67. Did they change for November? Why would the residual for AWD be 67 instead of 69 - this makes little sense.

Any feedback anyone has would be great!

Charles
  • yurinyurin Member Posts: 1
    Dear Carman,
    we just signed a deal for 2008 Infiniti FX35 with touring package and hands free package. The lease is for 24 months, with 12,000 miles per year, we paid only registration fees upfront ($444, NJ). The monthly payment is $559. Is it a good deal?

Separate question: we were told that $2,500 cash to dealer cannot be used when IFS leases, but it CAN be used with the other leasing companies (Chase, Bank of America, etc). Do you know any numbers for MFs from Chase?
  • bfox2718bfox2718 Member Posts: 10
    Looking at an RWD FX35 with touring, tech, and handsfree package... just coming off of a an 06 12 month lease, and I love the car... Just starting off my search, and I got some lease numbers on a lease from my local dealer

term: 36 month
    MF: .001
    Residual: 55%
    MSRP: 44,875
    Cap Cost: 43,000
    15,000 miles: $584+tax
    20,000 miles: $626+tax

This seemed kind of high to me... any input on current residuals and MF's?

about $1500 due at signing (supposedly includes 1st payment, but it is to my understanding that IFS is covering the 1st payment when re-leasing a new car. The dealer has to confirm this, but I got a marketing call from IFS advising me of this offer).
  • chimmaerachimmaera Member Posts: 4
    Im looking at leasing an FX, does anyone know the residuals and MF for 24m through NMAC for both the 35 and the 45 for this month. Thanks,

David
  • bfox2718bfox2718 Member Posts: 10
    I'm in the same boat as you... here are the latest numbers I got from a local dealer:

MSRP: $44875
    Cap Cost: $41229
    24 month, 15K Miles
    MF=.00001 with Tier 1 credit
    65% residual

2008 Fx35 RWD Tech pkg, Handsfree Pkg, Touring Pkg

I asked for it to be quoted with 5K add'l miles per year. Im told this is at $0.10 per mile instead of $0.20 after the lease end.

He quoted me $569.84 + tax with no cap cost reduction.

With my calculations, without the add'l miles, a standard 24 month, 15K lease should price out around $528.17 + tax.

I hope this answers your questions. I would appreciate anyone else's input to help verify these numbers, and the integrity of the deal!

Thanks!
  • daddisondaddison Member Posts: 1
    I'M looking for an Infiniti FX 45 2006-2008 with a car note payment of $450.00 to $550.00 I like to know if thats possible? I live in Chicago Illinois
  • izmirianizmirian Member Posts: 49
    carman or other experts,

what is the the mf and residual on the advertised 24 month special?
  • kvoightkvoight Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Car Man, I am ready to pull the trigger on a 2008 2WD FX35 12k miles with tech, touring, handsfree, + chrome wheels for 24 months for $544/month, with $1000 drive off (which is less the customer loyalty 1st payment). Is there anything I am leaving on the table? MF of .0001 and residual of 66%. Thanks!
  • landrover1landrover1 Member Posts: 15
    Are you able to addthe $2500 marketing support to the $389 lease special as your cap reduction? Thus leaving $1139 OOP?
    You're welcome, jhyoo. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00014 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00106 and 56%.

IFS' current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00285 and 57%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00285 and 47%. As you can see, Infiniti is no longer providing lease support on the '07 FX. The bad news is that this means its money factor will be high and its residual value will be low. The good news is that it means you can use the $3,000 dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on it to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your deal and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jhyoo. The $2,500 dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on the 2008 FX35 cannot be combined with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings JessieM. You never mentioned the selling price of the FX that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

For now I can tell you that the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark up Infiniti Financial Services' $595 base acquisition fee by $200. Also, make sure that the dealer is using IFS' 39 month buy rate lease money factor of .00105 to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment. They may be trying to mark up your money factor as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jhyoo. The selling price that you were quoted for the FX that you are interested in is around $788 over dealer invoice, which isn't bad. However, the money factor that you were quoted looks way too high. Infiniti Financial Services' new November buy rate for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD is .00014 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the factor that is used to calculate your vehicle's payment is more in line with this.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Bub. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 FX35 AWD is .00106, so yes the factor that you were quoted does appear to be a little high. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses the buy rate to calculate your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings camy2079. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00014 and 67%, respectively. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses these numbers to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello yurin. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the FX35 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

For now I can tell you that the $2,500 dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on the '08 FX35 cannot be combined with its special lease program but it can be used on leases through independent banks. I do not personally keep tabs on the lease programs of banks other than IFS, but I suspect that you would be better off going through IFS than using the $2,500 and leasing through a different bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bfox2718. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 FX35 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00099 and 55%, respectively.

As far as this vehicle's price goes, the FX that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,900 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the $1,875 discount that you were quoted at around $2,000 or so over invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat that. Make sure to stop by the "Infiniti FX45 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • bobfx35bobfx35 Member Posts: 2
    Hi car_man,
    I'm interested in leasing an FX35...I test drove it a few times at various dealers and have been offered quotes for the lease..The one I like and think the best of what I got offered is:
    Black on Black
    2008 FX35 RWD (Touring, Hands Free, Sport, Splash guards, Silver roof rails)
    24 mo. Lease for 390.00 (incl taxes)
    Driveoff with 3,500.00 down (incl. Down pay, 1st mo pay and all taxes, titles..)
    and a residual of 27,900.00 after the lease...

Is this a good Deal..??
    I live in Northern CA...If that helps...
    Thank you