Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello David. Here's the info that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00014 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 FX45 are .00070 and 60%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these vehicles' residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi daddison. The lease payment for the FX45 that you are interested in will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of payment to expect if you provide me with these two numbers. You can look up the MSRP of the exact model that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You should be able to get an idea of what sort of selling price you should pay for it right now by visiting the "Infiniti FX45 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll calculate a sample lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi izmirian. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00014 and 66%, respectively. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, kvoight. The best way to tell if you are getting the best possible deal on this vehicle is to look at its MSRP and selling price. These numbers will show you how much of a discount you are being given on it. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are. For now I can tell you that the money factor (I'm assuming that you missed a "0" because IFS' factor is .00001) and residual value that you were quoted look good.

Car_man
    Host
    Landrover1, unfortunately the $2,500 dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on the 2008 FX is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome bobfx35. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the specific FX35 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • chimmaerachimmaera Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info car_man!
    I went to my dealer here in Austin,Tx and was just informed that the fx has tax credit on the lease! That means no taxes!
  • bobfx35bobfx35 Member Posts: 2
    the MSRP for the one I got offerd is 39000.00
    for FX35 RWD, with (Touring, Hands free, Sport, Silver roof Rails, Slpash Guards).
    I hope this helps

bobfx35
  • vbmedic39vbmedic39 Member Posts: 8
    Just leased a graphite color, nearly fully loaded '08 FX35 AWD yesterday:

Touring, hands-free, Technology, IPOD, cargo mat, black rails, splash guards,door guards, pinstriping

MSRP $48K
    $2200 down
    $599/month including tax, title, license

I believe the money factor was 0.001 and the residual was 67% with 12k miles/yr

I think this is pretty decent, any opinions? Thx, Steve in Va Beach
    I
  • bjammbjamm Member Posts: 5
    vbmedic, what was your sales price on that? looks like a good deal to me for basically everything but the suport package.
    The agreed upon price was $44900. About $3K off MSRP.

I went out and bought the hood protector and the sunroof deflector yesterday. They make the FX look very sporty but they sure were a pain to install, especially the hood protector...
  • nottheendnottheend Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lease a 2008 FX45 at the end of December (MSRP $55200 with tech pkg, invoice 50,518). Wondering what the current money factor and residuals are for the '08s.

does anyone know what to expect for the capitalized costs on the FX45s in the rainy northwest- Tacoma area.

Thanks
  • dolitskydolitsky Member Posts: 4
    Looking to lease a 2008 FX35 AWD....anyone know the december money factor and residual for 24 or 36 month lease in California?
  • meccanj98meccanj98 Member Posts: 10
    First off I know nothing about leasing. I want to get the 2008 FX35 AWD with hands free and touring package. They are offering it at local dealer with sticker price of 43500. It is the FX35 AWD they are offering on this months Infiniti page for 399mth and 3200 down for 24 mths. First off is this a good deal from the get go or can I get a better one? I would really like a 36 mth lease. Where do I start?
    Meccanj98:

The lease that they are offering right now for $399 is awesome... It has a money factor of 0.001 and a residual of 67%. I just leased my fully loaded graphite colored FX35 AWD (everything but sports package) with MSRP of $48K for $599/month including tax, title, license and $2K down. It is basically the same deal with the extra additions and the lower down payment. Have you ever heard of getting a $48k car for $599/month... If you check lease trading sites, a similarly equipped FX35 AWD goes for about $800/month.
    In regards to leasing for36 months, DON'T DO IT... The lease is special for 24 months and goes up quite a bit after that per the manager at my infiniti dealer. Wow, he actually was looking out for me instead of the bottom line... Don't see that very often. I was very pleased with my experience and am now finding accessories to put on my FX35.
    One more thing... Apparently the 2009 model of the FX35 (that will actually be released 2 years from now in late 2009) will have all the neat stuff the other infinitis have now like touch screen navigation with hard-drive to backup and store your cd's onto and the neat gadgets on the soon to be released EX like the birdseye rear view monitoring and more advanced lane change technology. Maybe even other neat gadgets knowing infiniti...
    Think it is still a good deal even though it doesn't include tax and tags?
  • mharwoodmharwood Member Posts: 7
    Is the $2500 rebate in effect with the leases? Does it include the tax credit? That would make it $399/month with $700 down and no taxes. If it's true, it's amazing.
    My understanding is that the rebate cannot be used in correlation with the lease offer, but it can get you a pretty good deal if you purchase it. Like I said in previous entry, the FX35 will be new in 2 years with the latest gadgets and leasing right now seems to be the best option.
    Yes I do meccanj98 for the reason I outlined above. A $48K car for that much money (even a lease) is really good even if you have to put the down payment down and pay tax/title/license. Remember, you can alter the monthly payment (up or down) to get a lower or higher down payment and vice versa. Ask the dealer for several quotes with different monthly/down payment combinations to see which one fits your budget or situation.
  • redtree00redtree00 Member Posts: 2
    2008 FX35 AWD
    Touring, Hands Free, Splash guards, Roof rails and Cargo protector
    MSRP $42,575

15,000 miles per year
    24 months

$529.99 due at signing
    $529.99 a month

Includes NJ 7% tax, lic, MV, bank fee, doc fee etc.

I thought I got a pretty nice deal, considering that the sale price is way into holdback.
    Now another dealer is telling me he can beat the deal by $300 by using a non IFS deal.
    REDTREE00...which dealership did you find that deal at? Also what is a non IFS deal and what dealer told you that? So all that would come out of your pocket is 529.99?
  • tylerztylerz Member Posts: 1
    We are finishing up the final touches on an FX35 AWD, Nav, Technology, Sport, iPod, handsfree, DVD. 49805 MSRP, 45219 Invoice, dealership is basing it on $48000

The dealership is offering $508/month with $4000 at lease signing for a 24 month 12k lease.

A few questions.

How much should I push to lower the cost closer to invoice? I am inexperienced in dealing with Infiniti.

Is it better to keep my money and accept the higher payment, or put the money down. Either way it is within our means, just want opinions on money management.

Sounds like a good deal?

Thanks
  • nottheendnottheend Member Posts: 2
    Was recently quoted a lease on a 2008 FX45
    42 months "best deal available"
    MF 0.00195
    MSRP $56000
    Silver (tech pckg)
    10K miles/yr
    residual at 53%
    anyone know how well this can be negotiated and what numbers might be reasonable?
  • infamousxinfamousx Member Posts: 24
    where did u see this ? wt state ? i am looking at infiniti website and that is like 3700 ( which has first month payment) or so + more 399/month x 23 months !
    im guessin tax dmv is added on top. so ..
  • redtree00redtree00 Member Posts: 2
    IFS = Infiniti Financial Services

Manhattan Infiniti offered me $300 off my best price with an outside bank.

The $529.99 deal was matched by every NJ Infiniti dealer I negotiated with.

Total out of pocket was first payment.

From what I was told, holdback is 1% for Infiniti. The deal works out to below invoice, cutting deeply into the holdback.
    FX35 AWD 24months 12000 miles.
    Touring + Hands Free + ipod+cargo+roofrail+splashguard

does that look like a good deal ?

i was given msrp $43020
    money factor as we know 0.00014
    NY tax is about 8.65%
    i think cap cost was about 396xx and some change. about 50 or 60 bucks...
    CAP COST ( Negotiated price of the vehicle)
    residual is at 67% - ( 28823 or something like that )

2200 down ( includes Everything even dmv and title and the whole nine yards)
    so out of pocket completely is 2200 )

and then 450/month for 23 months.

( i think i am paying about 400-500 over invoice with this deal ) ?

Host please advice about the deal ? thank you in advance.

__ REQUEST _ A SECONDARY question for the host ______

i did a lot of research and reading and got a much better understanding to how lease works and wt pit falls to look out for.
    i do understand - why its important to know the msrp and mf and cap cost to evaluate the payments and see wether the dealer is giving a good price.

BUT at the end of the day doesnt it come down to really just numbers ?
    down payment and per month ?

i mean lets be realistic ... when i did my calculation and even used the calculator provided on leaseguide website the total cost to own was 12100 or so and with the deal i am gettin 450*23 + 2200 = i am paying 12550 -

i guess somewhere in between there is a difference of 400-600 bucks ?

i went to many different dealers and the deals starts at 3200 + TAXES and stuf as DP and 420/month after negotiating a lot..... it finaly lands somewhere in the same ball park as 2500-2700 down pmt ( complete out of pocket with tax ) and 450-500 a month. depending which ever way you arrange the numbers.

they dont really cut you a lot of slack. even if i do the calculation and show em they will just turn around to say well gota add this fees or that fees to increase the cap cost ?( bank fee 595 or handling fee 550 etxx ) you see.. OR EVEN TELL ME THE down payment was just fees and taxes ? so then the down payment doest even act as a CAP COST REDUCTION -- they are alwas looking to make a certain number minimum on the car. from there perspective its above invoice and on the deal wtever it maybe. ( do fill me in please)
    from a consumer perspective its more of
    ( HOW much is it going to cost me to lease this car for X time ) and it really didnt do much cuz all the numbers i tried and bargained landed me around $12400 - TO about 12700 out of pocket expense for consmer - ( one of em almost said out loud $13700 as this was a straight fwd deal from the infiniti.com + taxes and dmv.)

how do i go about it ? is it my call to say What is dp is for ? or where they should be applying it ?

im sorry if this blog took a lot of ur precious time but i just had to ask, its a learning process for me.i do understand its better to know this stuff and walk in the dealership which gives upper edge of negotiating rather then not knowing anything...

if anyone out there finds this blog interesting please let me know. i put a lot of time and research into getting this specific deal. anyone with a better deal please post it up,

thanks.

EVERYONE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADVICE IN.
    That was the ad I was talking about...just forgot to add first months payment. I am in NJ
    A local dealer is offering a demo FX35 for $36500. It has 5000 miles. ZFirst off can you lease a demo and would it be worth negotiating a lease deal for the demo?
    oh yea so i FORGOT TO ADD to my post earlier on
    (fx35 awd 12k 24mth hands free + touring)

one dealer said the following

" we want to see your car - if there is equity left on it we can purchase it for cheaper then market value and pass the savings on to you " does that even Sound right ?

also mentioned was " just yesterday infiniti has new promotion were they Waive FiRST MONTHS PAYMENT ? is THAT RIGHT ? i was SOOOO skeptical to even FALL for that -

is that a even true ? or everything in dec is still the same as it was in nov ? someone PLEASE fill me in on this one .... haha
  • smith83smith83 Member Posts: 60
    I am interested in leasing a 2008 FX 35 w/NAV, Touring, Hands Free. Anyone in the Raleigh, NC area purchased or leased one of these recently? If so, let me know how you did.

Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    we want to see your car - if there is equity left on it we can purchase it for cheaper then market value and pass the savings on to you " does that even Sound right ?

Yes. If there is equity in the vehicle, you will benefit.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• gman24gman24 Member Posts: 1
    I am purchasing an FX35 and was just quoted an invoice price of $43,765 for the following loaded car including: Tech, Hands Free, Entertainment, Touring, Splash Gaurds.

Drive Off: $3600
    Money Factor: .00014
    Lease Duration: 24 months
    Monthly Payment: $460

Seems like this is a good deal.

Can anyone confirm??

Thanks
    well to my knowledge equity in the car was basicaly that i was under my allowedmlieage. i had allowed of 18345 for the total of 15months and i was at 14200 or so. the the only equity would be the difference of mileage right ? obviously the quotedresidual price by the company and the payout price and the marketvalue difference ? i think i got a REALLY GOOD DEAL just picked up my NEW FX AWD35. will write detailsin the next blog. let me know wt you think. thanks.

> cant never feed enuf to my brain cells alwas open to suggestions and more knowledge about this things.
    DEAR HOST WAS THIS A GOOD DEAL ?
    MP - 43020 CC 39395 67% 0.00014 - 1900 450/23

- DEC PROMO IS INDEED TRUE I JUST CONFIRMED IT WITH THE DEALER..FIRST MONTH PAYMENT WAIVED - INFINITI LOYALTY PROGRAM - ON A 24 MONTH LEASE FOR FX35

JUST PICKED UP my brand new 2008 FX 35 awd with touring and hands free( the other ipod cargo roof and splshGrd included) - I LIVE IN NY - ITS A SAD TRUTH THAT NOT ONE DEALER IN THE STATE OF NY HAS BEATEN THIS DEAL YET.

Less then $2000 DP Including FEES + FIRST MONTH FEE WAIVED + EVERYTHING ( even dmv and doc fee and TAXES )
    450 a month for the rest of 23 months

over all out of pocket for 2 years to own less then 12,500

anyone with a better deal to post.
    to get details on this deal do write to me..i dont think names & locations are alowed to beposted here. BUT I WILL BE GLAD TO BE OF HELP SOMEONE save few $$.

I WILL POST UPDATES AS TO WTEVER HAPPENS WITH THIS DEAL MOVING FWD OR EVEN AFTER FEW WEEKS-
    thanks
  • lee0001lee0001 Member Posts: 37
    Hello. I live in NY also. I believe that you can you please post the dealership name and city. Could you tell me the dealership name? I'm also looking for a similar vehicle (although my mileage requirements are a bit additional). I'm being quoted a similar MSRP, but the Cap Cost being quoted is more. Thanks!
  • mharwoodmharwood Member Posts: 7
    Is this promo for all of the US or just certain areas?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    the equity doesn't really have to do with the mileage. I mean, in a way it does. But when you have a lease, it works just like a financed vehicle if you go to trade it in. It is worth what it is worth and the buyout is what the buyout is. Your equity would be whatever the difference is between what its worth and what the buyout is. Obviously, a vehicle with lower miles will be worth more, but there is no relation to what you were allowed on your lease.

All of that being said, it is no commonplace to actually have equity in a lease, but it happens.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• smith83smith83 Member Posts: 60
    Here is the offer I have been given:

2008 FX35, RWD, NAV, Touring, Hands Free. MSRP $44,875.00. Cap Cost $41,875.00. $1,500.00 down (includes first payment), 24 month lease, 15k miles per year, payment of $589.39. Is this a good deal?
    So you only got the first month waived because of loyalty program? Did you just get out of an Infiniti. I just got the same car with same MSRP in NJ for $2400 down and 452.00 a month for 12,000/24 mths. My first months payment included in $2400. I am not far off from you without loyalty program.
  • ben88ben88 Member Posts: 1
    2008 FX35 2WD base + splash guards, i-pod, cargo protector

MSRP 39370
    Selling price 35729

24 months / 12k miles

1583 drive off
    385/mo plus tax

This is in Socal and Infiniti waived my first month payment because I just ended another lease.
  • btgolfbtgolf Member Posts: 5
    Hi ben88,

Can you tell me which dealer in SoCal you got this offer, seems pretty good...

Thanks..
  • btgolfbtgolf Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman,

Would like your opinion on this lease I was offered..

2008 FX35 RWD, touring, bluetooth,ipod
    MSRP $41,250
    Cap Cost 39,371
    MF .00001
    24 month, 12k miles
    $1,555.30 due on delivery(1st payment, license/smog, doc fee, tax, bank fee)
    $545.44/month

I think it's a pretty good deal, based on the MF being so low.

Only question is, should I try to negotiate the cap cost down, and if so, how do I negotiate that?

Thanks very much for you help..
  • highmileshighmiles Member Posts: 1
    So just signed the papers....what do you think?

FX35 with handsfree, touring, tech-nav, splash guards, roof bars, ipod.
    30k miles/yr (60k for the term of lease)

24 months. First payment of 1858 which includes first payment, bank fees, and license fees. Then 23 payments of $739/month which includes my 9% tax rate. Any comments?
  • woozzhwoozzh Member Posts: 2
    I am on the other end of the spectrum. I want to buy a lease car. Where do I go to get one at the lease buyout price? Do dealers run these through auctions or sell them off the lot?

Just looking, it sounds like I might be able to buy one new nearly as cheap as a used one in the DFW area. The waranty appeals to me over the Murano warranty. The wife really wants a Murano, but they are everywhere. Of course, the FX is a drivers car (?)

Are the sales deals as good as your stated lease deals? Details, please.
  • superclyde911superclyde911 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Everyone-

I have the following being offered by the dealer on a lease-

FX35 AWD, HFP, Touring, Tech, Sport, IPOD, Splash Guards, Crgo Protect. MSRP is 48765 and they are willing to do the deal at CC of $44,853 ($500 over invoice), 67% residual, MF of .000140, plus a $595 Acquisition/Assignment fee. I've been pushing for CC of invoice without an Acquisition/Assignment Fee but no luck.

Is it possible on this model lease to push the dealer to a net invoice CC or even below invoice?

Look forward to hearing from y'all
  • lee0001lee0001 Member Posts: 37
    Can you please tell me the Term, mileage allowance, that you are receiving with this offer. I live in NY, and am also interested in a similar vehicle. Thanks!
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    At that residual it is 24 months, 10K per year.
  • superclyde911superclyde911 Member Posts: 5
    12k Miles per year at 24 months.
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    I was wrong, but was quoted that figure by Infiniti of Manhattan.
    However I have seen the 12k 24 month IFS residual listed at 68% on another site for December.
  • littlebeanlittlebean Member Posts: 3
    My G35 sport coupe has a few months left on it's lease. I'm considering the FX35 AWD. I took a test drive and, although I would sacrifice some power, it handles well and I can drive it in all weather compared to my coupe. Here's what I'm battling in my head:

1. The new 2009 body should be revealed at this year's auto show. Has anyone heard about what kind of change it will be?
    2. I like Infiniti but the Lexus RX350 is out there too. Any thoughts about a comparision?
    3.The coupe is my first lease. Any experiences with returning a car that has a ding/scrape the size of a credit card but the rest of the car is pristine? Will they kill me on charges?

Thanks all. Any insight would be appreciated.