Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX35 / FX50 Lease Questions

Comments

• littlebeanlittlebean Member Posts: 3
    Jessiem, did you ever go through with this deal? I'm interested in a similar vehicle and would like to know if this worked out for you.
  • mcbobbykmcbobbyk Member Posts: 5
    I had very little time to negotiate for a lease but I used some of the figures from this forum to get the best deal I could (on the phone, in less than an hour). Hopefully, others can use this information as a starting point.

2008 FX35 AWD, 24 months, 15K miles
    Splash Guards, Hands-Free, Touring, Black Roof Rail, iPod, Cargo Protector, Destination
    MSRP of $43,020
    Selling price $39,700 (about $350 over invoice)
    plus NJ 7% and $500 in fees.
    $1000 down (includes 1st payment) and $540/month.
  • littlebeanlittlebean Member Posts: 3
    Excellent! Thanks for posting this. Where in NJ are u? I'm in central NJ looking to buy a very similar FX.
    I'm in South Jersey. For a leased car, the FX seemed to deliver the biggest bang for the buck for 24 months. I did some comparisons online and it seems to have the highest residuals combined with the lowest money factors. I wasn't too concerned about what car I ended up with, just that I got a good deal. I only test drove it for 5 minutes (I was pressed for time) and the whole process was very quick. I probably could have wiggled out of some of the doc fees but they seemed very firm on the invoice price (wouldn't let me into the holdback, which is only 1%, anyway). I can put you in touch with the salesperson, if you want.
  • vbmedic39vbmedic39 Member Posts: 8
    Littlebean,

The 2009 will not be out until the very end of 2009 giving you 2 years to bridge until that model comes out. My dealer told me that is why they are offering such a good lease on the FX35 right now. I also understand that the lease price goes up substantially from 24 to 36 months. I was told that the 2009 will have the technology missing on the 2008 like the hard drive navigation, the park assist camera and the lane assist technology on the new EX35 as well as a few other goodies offered on the current G35.
    The Lexus... no comparison. If you want pure luxury then Lexus may be your type of vehicle, but if you want a sportscar ride (which I assume you do coming from the G35 coupe) then the FX35 is your choice. The FX is luxurious and has all kinds of neat toys but the ride is a little stiff as compared to the Lexus' quiet, smooth ride. Besides, everyone has a Lexus RX, they are everywhere on the road and are quite boring in my opinion. I priced and drove every vehicle in the crossover category and the FX35 won hands down for overall performance/ameneties.
    Turning in leases differs so much between car makes. I have been fortunate to have never had a bad cosmetic problem. I just turned in a BMW 325 and the end-of-lease checkoff sheet was quite pricey for dings and scratches, but this is my first time leasing from Infiniti. Only time will tell.
  • needitquickneeditquick Member Posts: 10
    I am looking for an FX35AWD, Hands Free, Touring and Tech package. Cars direct has MSRP: $46,315, Invoice Price: $42,297, Target Price: $39,997. Edmunds has MSRP: $46,260, Invoice Price: $42,242, TMV Price: $46,110. I am in Nassau County, New York, Sales Tax 8.625. Looking for 12,000 miles per year. What is the best deal should I expect?

What is the current money factor (I am seeing .000140), what is the residual (I am seeing 67%). Are these numbers close? Are there any other incentives or discounts? For the record, I am looking to write as small a check when I drive off as possible. I am also hoping to finish this deal before the first of the year.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • flzzflzz Member Posts: 19
    Hang in there; i suspect after tomorrow replies should start coming in. I too am in the market to buy this week if the marketing support dies after 1-2-08. I found a link somewhere that had the answers your looking for,but dang if i can find it. If i come accross i will reply. (cardirect.com or carpricesecrets.com or ?)
    _Best of Luck,
    flzz
    needitquick,

sounds like you have the current deal down pack (money factor 0.0001 and residual 67%). I know of no other incentives right now for leasing an FX35...If you want to see my deal to compare, it is posting #823... I think I got a really good deal and if you can get the cap cost around $300 over invoice you are doing good. Of course to minimize the down payment, the monthly payment is liable to go up like mine ($599/month for everything but sports package with $2200 down). I think your tax rate is higher so that will add onto the payment. Good luck and JUST DO IT, you won't regret it... I had another vehicle on order and got my deposit back after one test drive of the FX. And the good thing about this current 2 year lease, you will be turning this FX in at the end of 2009 when the new 2009 model is expected (at least that is what my dealer said)...
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    I am in the market too and am bouncing around between Acura RDX, BMW X3 and similar. I received very aggressive lease quotes last week from a NY dealer which is pretax $383/month 24 months 10K/year on an FX-35 AWD with Touring and Handsfree. A local dealer says Infiniti does not offer factory leases with 10K, although I have seen that mileage posted on another website. He claims it is with an independent leasing company that is really difficult on damage at End of lease.

But with the marketing support I am seeing on Carsdirect I think the higher priced dealer is giving me the bull.

And how do I compare that to the Infiniti deal that is advertised on this site which is $399 plus a downpayment of $3250.

Anyone know who is giving me the bull?
  • lacucina_cheflacucina_chef Member Posts: 10
    hello guys, i recently total my audi allroad which was a very dramatic event since i spend alot money on mods and so forth, my audi sale guys is telling me i could never compare the quattro vs the awd from infinity. now the question is this. would i notice that much different? i recently test drove the infinity and its my top choice. i had it for a day and i didnt want give it back. they are qouted me at 47k with every option 24 month lease 2400 down and payment around 495$ is this is a good deal??? what should i be looking to negotia???
    that is very funny to read your post. you have the same exact choice of car that i m looking for. i saw the acura rdx and didnt like it in person. it didnt have any personality. it felt like a regular small cross over suv. the bmw is nice but seen a bit small. and the fx35 is the most attractive so far. its a beautiful small suv. love how it handles. great power, and it comes with every toy i want. i need to stay around 450$ if i can.
    The X3 handles the best between the X3, the RDX and the Lincoln MKX (LOL) which is like riding on a pillow. But the cockpit and interior of the X3 is dated and is like driving my 2001 BMW 530. It is also more expensive than the others. The Acura drive well but is noisy when starting from a full stop.

I have not yet driven the FX35 but have read good things about it.
  • meccanj98meccanj98 Member Posts: 10
    ANYONE KNOW IF THEY EXIST OR WHERE TO GET?
  • flzzflzz Member Posts: 19
    try frashalloy.com. you might have to register to post.

thats freshalloy.com good luck
  • jmintjmint Member Posts: 3
    I would be interested in the person you dealt with. I am looking for the same car in white.

Thanks
    PM'ed you. Let me know if the message isn't in your mailbox.
  • jmintjmint Member Posts: 3
    never got it. Can you resend.

Thanks
  • manaboutmanabout Member Posts: 31
    Depends. I think dealer #1 (the lower dealer) is giving you "bull" with that lease, because it is most likely not thru IFS. I think they play around with the residual # to get the lower payment. If you ask for the lease through IFS, you'll get a higher payment. Also ask about out of pocket costs at lease end. I believe you will find that you have to pay a disposition fee, which IFS doesn't charge.

if you are ok with leasing outside of IFS and don't mind paying a disposition fee, then go for it.

BTW, are those lease #s with $0 down?
  • manaboutmanabout Member Posts: 31
    I don't have any info on the next gen FX, but I can tell you that you won't be missing much going from the G35 coupe to FX (except those scary moments when you try to make a turn on a snow covered street).

The RX350 is just a different car altogether. Lexus is too plush and has a floaty ride for my tastes.

My experience with IFS was the best by far (I've leased thru BMW, MB & Audi). Unlike the rest, they didn't hit me for every little ding and waived up to $500 in damages and mileage overages since I was leasing another car through them. All I had to do was turn the car in.
    Those are $zero down, but pre-tax which is 7% on the payment. I did call the lower dealer today and they told me it is not IFS. They offered to do an IFS quote, but haven't contacted me yet and I don't expect to hear from them. What they really want is for me to come in.
    Resent. If still not there, try me at mcbobbyk@carspace.com.
    So here's the real details on the deal from Infiniti of Manhattan, which is really misleading, and I don't know why Infiniti lets them keep a franchise. The $760 destination charge is not included, there is a $495 disposition fee (vs. IFS $150) and bank fee of $795 vs $595 for IFS, for a total of $1305 over a legitimate deal. Over a 24 month lease that is about $54 month extra over a legitimately quoted lease.

They then quoted me a too good to be true price for an IFS lease.
  • raymondw7raymondw7 Member Posts: 25
    mcbobbyk: i am in a rush to get in on the same deal, what dealer in NJ, can you email me ray@wassef.org, is that monthly including Tax?
  • king31king31 Member Posts: 6
    Any news on January incentives?
    i m picking my 08 fx35 awd with every packg there is. i cant wait. 2000 down. 487$ per month. 2 year lease 12k per year. black on black.
    Does anyone know what these are for January '08?
    i haved had my car for three days and the navagation system blows. its imposible to make it do or find any adress. does anyone in here has the same problem????
  • infinitibuyeinfinitibuye Member Posts: 9
    heres the best price i have gotten so far for fx 35 with touring and hands free, 15k a year, 2000 out of pocket at signing, taxes in payment, $563 a month, supposedly will drop even further which is why I am holding off.
    how many months? what area was the dealer?

do you mean your specific dealer was potentially going to drop further or in general the #'s are going down for the FX 35 post Jan?
  • smith83smith83 Member Posts: 60
    Carman,

I am being offered the following on an Infiniti FX35, Touring, Hands Free, NAV, iPod connector:

MSRP $45,105.00
    CapCost $41,510.00 ($400 over invoice)

Can you calculate my payment on a 24 month lease?
    the dealer was in new jersey, circle infiniti, 36 month lease. Deciding between that car and bmw 328xi.
    I was told the 36 month lease was quite a bit more than the 24 month lease... Did you check into the shorter term to compare... Also, I have owned both the BMW three series (325) and now I own the FX35. In my opinion, there is no comparison. The FX wins hands down in every category (being equal in sports performance) except gas mileage... Just my two cents worth.
  • apurva30apurva30 Member Posts: 1
    I picked mine on Jan 1, paid 3K down and 389/month. It has everything expect the sports package, I love the car so far, except the milage, I think the fuel gauge drops and you can see it go down as you drive. Besides that I don't have any complains yet. :shades:
    yeah i know thats the biggest thing for me now cauese gas prices are insane.
    were you able to get this down further? i would be looking for the same but + nav.
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    what dealer? And was this a 10/12/15k lease?

Thanks,
    I just received an email from a dealer I talked to at the beginning of the month announcing new lower lease payments on EX and FX. I'll post what I find out.
    that would be sweet, initially the fx leases seemed to be cheaper than the ex! Any crazy leases on the fx or ex right now? I'm looking to get into one asap at 15k/yr
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi infinitimn. If you haven't leased the FX35 that you are interested in yet, you're in luck because Infiniti just enhanced its lease program yesterday. You never mentioned what term or mileage allowance you need so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 FX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    HI lacucina_chef. This particular discussion is for community members to discuss leasing the FX35. You will have better luck getting feedback from current owners on the navigation system in this discussion: "Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi smith83. $500 over dealer invoice is a good price for a lease of an '08 FX35. I would be happy to use Infiniti's current lease program for it to estimate what your monthly payment should be. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD that has an MSRP of $45,105 and a selling price of $41,510 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $597.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi infinitimn. What you were told is correct. Infiniti just enhanced its special lease program on the 2008 EX35 and FX35 yesterday.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman.
    I am interested in a 24 or 36 month 10k (or 12k if IFS doesn't do 10K). In December the 24 month leases were better than the 36 month. Do you have the MF and Residuals? Thanks in advance.
    ^bump :D
  • grumpduckgrumpduck Member Posts: 1
    Quote, FX 35 AWD, Touring, Flaps, Rear Mat, Black Cross Bars, Ipod, Hands Free.
    Cap Cost of 40,900 (1500 over invoice) Residual of 66% Money .001700.
    The Money rate seems high to me, plus does the dealer incentive include leases? $1500 over invoice seems high if the dealer is getting an additional 2500 factory incentive. Any thoughts? Now leaning towards a Toyota Highlander.
  • dmgoodmandmgoodman Member Posts: 17
    Carman - you helped me previously with an MX35 and that lease is ending shortly. Looking for the current money factor and residuals for the MX35 24 month term, 15k miles. Thanks.
  • cpipescpipes Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering what the lease rates were for the FX35 in Feb.

I'm looking at a 35 with the following options
    Cargo Area Protector (PIO)
    Hands-Free Package
    Splash Guards (PIO)
    Technology Package
    Touring Package

It's listed at 46350. Was hoping someone could tell me the invoice price and what a lease rate should be if I was at 500 over invoice.
  • bugatibugati Member Posts: 14
    MSRP: 46,725
    What is the final purchase price ?

Take a look at... tenzo, "Infiniti FX45 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" #1292, 19 Jan 2008 4:30 pm
    "...
    Total MSRP* $45,220.00
    Purchase price 39285+TTL
    ..."

Your car is better equipped which has MSRP about $1500 more..
    =~ 39,285 + 1500
    =~ 40,785 (for purchase price)
    - 30,371 (residual value 65% after 24 months)
    =~ 10,414 (this is the cost of 24 months usage)

Compare the above amount with your payment
    $4000 down + $499 monthly x 24 = $15,976

Diff. = 15,976 - 10,414 = $5,562

$5,562 = tax(*) , bank fee, interest and TTL... for 24 months..
    => little too much for $10,414 ?

(*) tax amount = (purchase price - residual value) * tax rate...
  • jubes72jubes72 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Bugati,

The "agreed value of the car" would be 42,790. Also, Chicago has an 8% use tax, which comes to $3,423. Not sure how much TTL and other things should be. How do I figure out what the invoice price on the car is? Or is the invoice price the "agreed value of the car"?
  • bugatibugati Member Posts: 14
    Jubes72,

Invoice price: There are lot of places on internet ... that you can get invoice price... (kbb, edmunds or carsdirect)
    http://www.kbb.com
    http://www.carsdirect.com

or you can ask the salesman to give you the print out the mrsp and invoice for the car

Price: current FX is the last year model...=> there is some incentive for FX... people are talking about 2 - 2.5K... (http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef17d31?displayRecent)

Note:
    Jan 2008: only 810 FX were sold
    previous month - Dec 2007: 2,013
    previous year - Jan 2007: 1,538

Source:
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2008/02/01/076475.html
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2008/02/01/076475.html

Finance: Infiniti is offering 1.9% APR

=> Ask the salesman....to explain detail... how they come up with your monthly payment amount