Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi johnimoto. I have had an opportunity to take a look at Infiniti's February lease program and would be happy to give you an idea of what it is like on the car that you are interested in if you let me know exactly what model you want, how long you want to lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello jjacobs. Let me begin by saying that it's not a good idea to make such a large down payment when leasing. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leases because those who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when you lease a new one, just have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

For now I will estimate what this car's monthly payment should be without any down payment. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan that has an MSRP of $40,590 and a selling price of $37,529 ($500 over invoice) through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $507. $500 over invoice is a pretty aggressive price, if you have to pay more than that your payment will end up being a little higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Tony. 15,000 miles per money :surprise: , you certainly do a lot of driving. I assume that's per year :P . I personally can't offer you any deal because I don't sell cars, but I can give you an idea of how much a new Infiniti G35 would cost you to lease right now. In order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact car that you are interested in. You can find its MSRP in the Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing section off this site. You should be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this model right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what these numbers are and I can use Infiniti's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • g35mcg35mc Member Posts: 9
    I got a pretty nice deal on my lease for a 2007 G35 Sedan 6MT a few weeks ago but haven't posted. Infiniti actually has a great deal going on right now for recent college graduates (I graduated just under 2 years ago and I was still applicable.) So if you cheapskates have a son or daughter who recently graduated from college and can provide a copy of their diploma, you can co-sign with them on a car and save some money hah! Here are the specs:

Model: '07 G35 Sedan 6MT
    Color: Liquid Platinum
    Options: Splash Guards, Lo-Jack Security, Premium Package
    Down/Initial Payment: $2,650 (includes tax, title, license etc)
    Monthly Payment: $512/month

Was well within my budget so I took the deal! =)
  • godson2godson2 Member Posts: 3
    hello:
    2007 infiniti g35x w/ nav(lease)
    down payment($2500 and trade in worth $500)$3000 total
    Payments $450/month

Good deal?
    thank you
  • cfg1cfg1 Member Posts: 85
    What is the money factor and residual for G35X for 36 months/15K miles per year, one payment lease?

Thank you.
  • cfg1cfg1 Member Posts: 85
    Thanks, but I don't see any info about one-payment leases in that link.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    No sure what you mean by one payment lease. Are you prepaying for 3 years? Why would you do that? The amount you would pay is considered cap cost reduction. Should the car be stolen or totaled in an accident during the lease term, you would lose that money completely. It would be better for you to put the money in a money market account and draw from it every month. You may end up paying a little more, but it is a less risky alternative, IMHO.
  • godson2godson2 Member Posts: 3
    hello:
    2007 infiniti g35x w/ nav(24 month lease)
    down payment($2500 and trade in worth $500)$3000 total
    Payments $450/month

Good deal?
    thank you

Edit (left out term before)
  • jvegajvega Member Posts: 2
    Need help! I am looking to lease a 2007 G35 coupe sport, spoiler, premium package no nav @ 36 months 20,000 miles a year. Sticker $39,550 selling at $38,000 in texas 6.25% sales tax. What would be a good monthly pmt and money factor/residual amount? Dealer is offering $622 a month with $3,000 down (2,200 going to cap reduction & rest to lic, 1st pmt) and a MF of .003141 and Residual @ 50%. Included in the deal is my trade which is $1,000 upside down.
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Without actually knowing the numbers for a 20k /year lease, that seems a bit high. Here are the numbers posted for 12k and 15k. I would think that the residual would drop by a couple of percentage points going from 15 - 20k and the money factor might go up a bit, but I don't think that much. What is the term of the lease? That all just seems way too high, but I am not that familiar with 20k/yr leases.
  • sakeleysakeley Member Posts: 2
    I live in Southeastern Massachusetts and I'm getting ready to start the process of leasing a 2007 G35X with the performance package. I expect to just get what my existing car is worth in trade, and have a total of 4,000 available for Out of Pocket. What is reasonable amount to expect to pay per month for a 48 month 12k/year lease? Is is reasonable to expect the residual to be around 15,500 on a lease with these terms? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
  • sks109sks109 Member Posts: 8
    Evening

Please share your thoughts on the following offer:

2007 G35 Coupe
    Black with Wheat Interior
    Aero Package
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Painted Splash guards
    Sirius Sat radio
    Trunk Mat

Cost:
    Sticker: $39440
    Sale Price: $36490
    Invoice: $35,090

Now, negotiated a purchase, but might do a lease. I also may put funds towards a cap reduction which we know not to do for a lease. But, the cars a gift and the lease payment needed to be kept in line.

$5263.99 due at signing:

$3641.18 cap reduction
    $400 first month
    $300 doc fee
    $595 acquisition fee
    $211.81 tax on cap redu. And aqu. Fee
    $115 plates

Lease terms:

$400/month
    12,000 miles; 36 months

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.
  • v12alpv12alp Member Posts: 3
    wait for 2008 coupe...is all I can say. Holman Infiniti in NJ offered me a a 24 month lease 12K a year for 2007 coupe with sport package+premium. Total 2500 out of pocket and 400 a month incl. taxes. I backed off, will wait for 2008!
  • sks109sks109 Member Posts: 8
    Evening

Please share your thoughts on the following offer:

2007 G35 Coupe
    Black with Wheat Interior
    Aero Package
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Painted Splash guards
    Sirius Sat radio
    Trunk Mat

Cost:
    Sticker: $39,790
    Sale Price: $36,490
    Invoice: $36,292

Now, negotiated a purchase, but might do a lease. I also may put funds towards a cap reduction which we know not to do for a lease. But, the cars a gift and the lease payment needed to be kept in line.

$5528.82 due at signing:

$3814.35 cap reduction
    $400 first month
    $300 doc fee
    $595 acquisition fee
    $220.17 tax on cap redu. And aqu. Fee
    $200 plates

Lease terms:

$400/month
    12,000 miles; 36 months

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.
  • urirx98urirx98 Member Posts: 51
    hi all, please tell me if this is a good deal.
    07 Journey Sedan with tech, premium and navi
    516 tax included with 1300 out of pocket ,

not sure if that includes my last payment on my 2003 MDx which is 599. We had been discussing it before in the deal, which they were trying to get me to take 565 with 1800 OOP.
    This is a beautiful car, MSRP around 38k. Let me know, they want me to take a car badly, i was there all weekend long last week, and even took home a FX45 for a night ( they wanted 599 for 5 years ).
    Thanks
    wg
  • mike141mike141 Member Posts: 8
    Hi folks I was talking to a NY Infiniti dealer was given these initial numbers. They seem to good to be true so can anyone give me some feedback?

2007 G35 Coupe
    Base model, automatic w/ Sunroof
    $1,995 Down Payment
    Nothing mentioned regarding CAP reduction
    Monthly lease $199
    15 month lease
    13,000 miles
    Subject to taxes/lease inception fees

What else should I be asking?
    They may not mention a CAP reduction, but they are likely burying other "fees" in the down payment portion. Find out exactly what the Down Payment covers...get EXACT numbers (i.e. 1st month payment, security deposit, destination charge, etc.) Also find out what the MSRP is, what the RESIDUAL percentage is, what the Money Factor is, and what the actual CAP cost of the car is. If you have all of those figures it's easier to calculate the lease and see if they are hiding any money anywhere in the deal...or at least confirm that it is the best you can get. If they say that they can't/won't give you those SPECIFIC nubers you should be skeptical.
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    Any numbers for March leases?
  • mikeonemikeone Member Posts: 4
    Hi JTLA,

When will the March Infiniti G35 Lease Rates be posted?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • dgokhshteindgokhshtein Member Posts: 2
    and i can tell you we wont have any rebates for the new G just yet on a buy.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    I haven't seen them yet. A gentleman named Tarry usually posts the lease rates around 5th of each month here.
  • hope3702hope3702 Member Posts: 15
    I also need help on new G35x deal:

0 out of pocket
    Liquid Plat with Prem and Navi
    15,000 Miles
    39 Months
    550/mo
    Salesman states it is 200 under cost?
  • amgramgr Member Posts: 1
    First, I sell cars as the Internet Sales Manager for a Toyota store in Milwaukee, wisconsin. I am thinking of getting out of my 2006 Toyota 4runner after only 1 year of a 3yr/45k lease (i got it at the right time, money factor equals less than .5% interest and I leased it at 90% of invoice but rolled $1400 negative equity in).

My trade has a payoff of just under kbb good trade in value and has only 14k on the odometer.

I am dealing with a salesman at the infiniti dealer across the street from mine. Just via emails he agreed to $500 over invoice (i know I could get it for alot less, but being in the business i feel that being a "grinder" is the worst thing to be). Also, you buy an infiniti to turn heads and to say you drive a status symbol!

3yr lease with 45k and only starts out of pocket (1st month+tax, taxes on dealer service fee, and registration fees) he quoted me $512+tax on a 2007 G35 coupe 6mt with the every package except navigation...

What do you guys think? should I be happy with this, or should I do the #1 salesman pet peeve and use my negotiation skills to get the car for under invoice (i'm sure I could get at least $500 under dealer invoice)....

Thanx,
    A Toyota Salesman

P.S.
    Toyota is projecting to be #1 in worldwide sales this year overtaking GM!

And Ford lost approx $12.7 billion last year which equates to $400 loss a second.....

Buy imports and get good resale value and quality!
    Hey all,
    Well, never really got a responce about the lease question i asked last week, so this is what i finally agreed on.
    07 G35 Journey with Premium, navigation, 18inch tire package with mudguard package, MSRP 37640ish
    572 a month ( includes wheel hazard protection (12 a month more payment would have been 560)
    500 Out of Pocket
    39 months, 12k miles per year Black with Graphite interior
    O and they are also writing me a check back for 599 for my last payment on my leased MDX.

I was alittle undecided being i could have had a TL TYpe S for like 530 sign and drive but next year when they change the TL and im still driving the newest G35, i will be much happier. Did i do good? salesman said i was like 2 buks over invoice and i was at dealership til almost midnight on Feb 28th, what do you think?
    wg
  • ep1141ep1141 Member Posts: 14
    Can anybody post the money factors and residuals currrently being used for a lease on a G35.

thanks!
  • johnmlannonjohnmlannon Member Posts: 2
    I am considering '07 G35X 4dr, w/Premium,NAV & Wood Options-MSRP is $39,350.Very nice car. I live in Maryland. With Exc. credit, 12 k miles per year, what would be a great price for 24 (or 27) months as well as 36(or 39-dealer is telling me this is the best factor) months, 0 down( or first month payment), sign and drive?

I am leaning towards the shorter lease, because I have an"itchy trigger finger" and like getting into new cars often.

Also... is "scheduled" maintenance covered; or how does that work? Thanks, car_man. This can get very confusing, but I know that a good deal is out there if you know what you are doing.
    Do you have any specific numbers? Residual? Money Factor? When they say 200 under cost is that 200 under invoice? If you have the specifics it will be easier to calculate and make sure everything is as stated.
    Well...its tough to say exactly without the exact Money Factor, and Residual that you negotiated. BUT...for an example, if I run your numbers assuming INVOICE pricing for the car, and run it at the 36 month 12k mi numbers since I haven't seen any 39 month numbers....If you only had to pay 500.00 out of pocket plus 1st months payment your total would be $515/per month including tax (without wheel hazard protection). Now, if they rolled in your 599/month MDX payment to your cap cost (which they probably did) your payment would only go up to 534/month. This is all assuming invoice pricing. Since you are leasing for 39 months, the MF probably went up and the Residual went down...how much I can't say. But either way, you are paying a higher monthly payment for a longer period of time. So, realistically, you may have gotten them to say INVOICE on the car, but they probably padded the other numbers to make some money...maybe 1k or so, which still makes it a good deal...maybe not the best, but certainly not the worst.
  • supernatural1supernatural1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I currently have G35x lease that has 3 more months on the lease contract. I have been contacted by local infiniti dealer that Infiniti now allows me to get out of the lease without any further obligation and get into a new one. (waving upto 5 mo of payment for current G leasee). Is this a trick to get me into the door and, tag the rest of the payment that I have, to the next vehicle or is it a real deal from Infiniti?

If it is a real deal, I would love to get out and get into the new G. Can anyone tell me the real deal? I am just afraid to call the dealer since they just want me to come in and put me together.

Thanks in advance.
    THanks for writing back, just wanted to let you know that it was only 500 out of pocket, so that actually covered the 1st month, even though it was less then the 1st months payment. THey wanted a grand OOP, but didnt want to pay all that money up front, so i put the other 500 and my 600 from my mdx in the payment, but they are giving me a check back for 600 for the payment. So that is why the price went up. We started at the 524 and added 1400 devided by the 39 months and thats where the 560 came from. Ithink they still got over a grand atleast even thoiugh they tell me they didnt get much over invoice. WIsh i could have faught them for more but it was almost midnight and i was tired of going back and forth. Hate car buying/ leasing.
    wg
    Hi jtla. Actually many banks allow the pre-payment of leases. The money that is paid in advance is not considered to be a down payment and it should not be lost of a vehicle is totaled. The banks that allow the pre-payment of leases usually provide consumers who do them with a reduction in the money factor that is used to calculate the interest portion of their lease. I am not sure of the exact reduction that IFS provides for pre-paid leases though.

Another option for someone who is considering pre-paying for their lease would be to make multiple security deposits instead. IFS provides consumers with a reduction of .00010 for every additional deposit that they make on their lease, up to a maximum of nine extra.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Good morning sks109. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks very good to me, even when the doc fee is factored in. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Infiniti Financial Services' current 36 month buy rate lease money factor of .00243 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mike141. Something doesn't seem right here. It is not possible to lease a 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe for $199 per month for 15 months with no down payment. Chances are that some sort of down payment that the dealer hasn't mentioned yet is necessary to arrive at this payment. Make sure to ask the dealer exactly what you will have to pay at lease signing for this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi stlgasman. I have seen Infiniti's March lease program for the G35 and would be happy to give you an idea of what it is like. In order for me to do so I need you to tell me the exact vehicle that you are interested in, how long you want to lease for, and what mileage allowance you need.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi amgr. As I am sure you already know $500 over invoice is a pretty good deal. It's up to you whether you want to negotiate with the Infiniti salesperson further to see if you can get this car for less than that. Just make sure to have the dealer that you are working with use Infiniti Financial Services' current 36 month buy rate lease money factor and 15,000 mile per year residual value of .00243 and 60% to calculate your monthly payment and you're all set. I have to say though that you are probably going to end up losing a decent chunk of change when you try go get out of your 4Runner only one year into a three year lease. I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my deal to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • evan7578evan7578 Member Posts: 15
    What is the Money Factor and residual for a G35 Coupe ( Automatic) on a 15 month lease for 12K and 15K Lease?
  • schaumboyschaumboy Member Posts: 2
    For what you're looking for in the G35X you should try to negotiate the lease for $510/month. That's like buying the car for $1000 above invoice. Alot of place will tell you that it's flying out the door cuz it's new... but I haven't seen one 07 G35 on the street yet.
    Hello ep1141. I would be happy to give you an idea of what Infiniti's March lease program for the G35 is like, but in order for me to do so I needs some additional information from you first. This info includes the exact model that you want (i.e. an '07 G35 Sedan AWD, an '07 G35 Coupe, etc.), how long you want to lease for, and what mileage allowance you need.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi supernatural1. This is not a truck. In March Infiniti introduced a special program that lets current lessees of G35 Sedans out of their deals up to six months early if they finance or lease a new G35 Sedan through Infiniti Financial Services. If I was a current G35 lessees I would strongly consider taking advantage of this program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings evan7578. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 15 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00221 and 79%, respectively. IFS' 12,000 mile per year residual value for this term would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • iceman2011iceman2011 Member Posts: 12
    Car_man,

This is the email i got from my dealer, G35S 6MT, with spoiler,i believe the sunroof as well. 34835. 39x15 4000 down 525, 24 mo 641. Is that a good rate ? are the money factor and residual % better this month compared to feb ?

Thanks
  • g35x07navg35x07nav Member Posts: 1
    What do you guys think:

07 G35X (AWD) w/ Nav, Premium, Splash, Cargo Net

489 per month 24 months / 15k Miles

$2721 total out of pocket (includes cap reduction, all fees, 1st month etc)
  • 99rams99rams Member Posts: 19
    Hey Everyone, I have been reading this form for the past few weeks and im getting ready to step into a new car early i have not seen anyone with a similar question so i was hoping for some help:

I am currently in a 24 month lease with NMAC on a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 that I paid 6000 out the door and 220 a month. As of right now I am 2000 miles over on the mileage and This lease is over in AUG of 2007. but I would really like to step into a 07G35 Journey with Premium and Nav. MSRP $37050.

So here is my questions Do you guys think its possible to get out of this lease early with out paying any over mileage fee’s or “ending the lease early fee’s”?

Also Does anyone have any idea of what I should be paying for a G35 journey with premium and nav. I would like to go with a 39/mo lease 15,000miles and we will go with a selling price on the car of $34378 (500 over invoice).

I have not contacted any dealers as of yet I just wanted to get an idea 1st of what I should be looking for.
  • milsey2milsey2 Member Posts: 12
    What would a good number be (amount down and monthly pre tax payment) for the following:
    G35 4 door Journey with Premium - $35,340.00 MSRP
    39 month lease
    12K and also 15K per year if you have it.
    Thank you
  • racer87301racer87301 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering leasing a 2007 G35 sport 4dr Sedan with sport, technology and nav packages. The price they are currently quoting is $38,390 although I will try to get that price lower. I have a trade in of a 2004 G35 which they will give allow 18,900 and it has a loan balance of $14,500. The rest of the paperwork reads
    Trade difference 19490
    doc fee 45
    tax 2834.58
    non tax fees 362.75
    net price 22,732.33
    trade payoff 14,500
    balance 37232.33

With 0 down the payment for a 36 mo 15k lease is $618.

This doesn't seem like a good deal to me. I have never leased before and am quite confused. The dealership is located in northern california. Can you help?
    Yeah...something doesn't seem right. So you owe 14.5k on your current vehicle and they are going to give you 18.9 for it? That is roughly 4,400 in EQUITY that you have. If so, that is significant towards a new vehicle. Did they tell you what the money factor is, and what the residual on the new car will be? See if you can get those exact numbers and then also what they are charging you for down payment (i.e., how much is getting rolled into the lease). Just because they say 0 down doesn't mean they aren't charging you somewhere ;)
  • gee3fivegee3five Member Posts: 2
    I just signed a deal at a NY dealership for a 2007 G35x (AWD) Sedan w/ moonroof (but NOT premium package) for 39 months, 10k miles/year:
    $2669 out of pocket (bank fee, 1st mo. payment, tax, title and registration, security deposit WAIVED)
    $439/mo (based on selling price/gross cap cost of $34,134)

I am pretty sure I got a really good deal but I would like some opinions...thnx
    I just leased pretty much the same car, but mine included mudflaps and tire package, msrp 37600 i think and with 12k miles it was 560 with 500 Out of pocket. THat included a 600 dollars to make my last payment of my former lease. This deal was based on 525 with 1300 out of pocket, then rolling the 800 of that into the payment. This is with tax included aswell. Hope that helps. THis is in florida, and tax is 6.5% aswell.
    wg