Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Well...getting out of a lease early is different for everyone. Some people want out to save from going over mileage. You are in a good position in that you have a vehicle that is under mileage which makes it more valuable to them...especially if you aren't in a rush to get out of it. Did you pay the tax upfront in your current lease? If so, that is one thing to consider too since you did pay for it already. Also, on the new vehicle do you have to pay tax upfront...and what is the rate exactly?

Personally, if I were in your position and I had an under mileage vehicle that they are calling me for, and they have a car on the lot that I want, because I was in a position to walk away, I'd say that I want no more than $500 over invoice (or invoice if they really want my car), minimum drive offs and the buy rate for the MF and Residual for a 36 month lease. And I'd want to see them print out the whole itemized deal on paper prior to going down there so that I can see exactly where every single dollar goes line by line and I can double check everything first. It's very easy to get there and as soon as all the numbers start flying get confused.

For your reference, that car for 36 months/10k miles, with a cap cost of $35067 ($500 over), MSRP of $37740, MF @ .00175, and residual of 60% ($22644) your monthly payment (not including tax is $446/month. This doesn't include the drive offs of 1st payment, registration, acq. fee, doc fee (which should be under $100) and taxes. But they will have to give you those exact figures for that. Get it all in writing and then go from there. Good luck.
  • kp22kp22 Member Posts: 20
    sprinkler13...thank you for your prompt reply. I appreciate all of your insight. If I understand your post correctly, a payment under $446/month with out of pocket costs (drive offs) that include 1st pmt, reg, acq fee and doc fee, I am getting a decent deal? Is that correct?

You make a good point regarding the sales tax. I paid it all upfront on my current lease. I would be avoiding 6 months or so of sales tax if I had rolled into my payment. That is a very good point and something I will consider as this deal progresses. The sales tax rate that I was given was 7%. I will try to confirm that is correct before I speak with the sales manager tomorrow.

Thanks again for your input. I will be sure to get everything in writing before I make the trip to the dealership to seal the deal. I will probably list the details one last time on this forum to confirm I am not missing something. Your continued support is greatly appreciated! Thanks....
  • milsey2milsey2 Member Posts: 12
    To sprinkler13 or anyone who knows:

With normal inception fees down (approx. $1,600)
    G35 Journey Sedan
    15K miles/year
    39 months
    MSRP - $35,140.00
    What would a good PRE-TAX lease cost?
    Would $430/month come close??????????
  • weegie13weegie13 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I've been reading everyone's lease terms here and want to know if mine adds up properly... Unfortunately I do not have the break down of all the numbers, but I can tell you what I remember. I'm looking to get the G35x with premium package and wood trim package as the only additions... The lease was for 39 months/12k miles and with zero down. Now I'm turning in my current vehicle which the early termination fee came out to approx $3,000. So with that worked into my payments and taxes rolled in as well, my total money down came out to approx $1,600 with taxes, fees, and first month payment. In the end my monthly payment came out to $559... would this make sense? Again, I don't have the itemized break down of all the numbers, but I live in NY and the dealership was in NJ if that helps with anyone determining whether or not this lease adds up properly... It's not a bad price to me but personally I would rather it be a little lower, like high 400s low 500s and I tried to bring it down but with no luck, I ended up walking out and haven't received any call back yet so I'm wondering if that really is the best they could do or if I have a right to ask for a lower monthly payment... any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
  • jamellajamella Member Posts: 12
    What do you think?
    They are now offering all the same parameters as discussed previously with these changes...
    Sales Price: $35,350
    Money Factor: 0.175%
    In your opinion, is this worthy of a decent deal?
    It's tough to say exactly since I don't know what MF and residual they are offering on the Journey for 39 months. However, at a guess, it seems pretty good. You need to find out the specifics to get an accurate calculation though.
    Unfortunately there really are way too many variables in your situation to accurately even guess what the payment should be. Did your dealer set the early termination fee or is that something that they negotiated with you? You should really ask them for all the details and if they don't want to give them to you I'd be skeptical.
    well...those numbers ($1100 over invoice) are better than what they previously offered ($2400 over invoice)...assuming that they didn't change your closing costs, and dropped the monthly lease payment significantly. It is very easy for a dealer to tell you those numbers but then pad other things like doc fees, dealer "add-ons", etc. If you are still paying the same closing costs, and there is nothing else rolled into the lease your payment should be like $500/month INCLUDING tax...given those numbers.

I suggest looking for one of the online lease calculators and spend some time plugging in your numbers and then play with all the different calculations to see just how things can be moved around. It's amazing how one small change in one number can affect everything else.
  • toddr3toddr3 Member Posts: 19
    I was just quoted $592 /mo tax in for a 2007 G35 sport with Nav, Tech, and Premium package. This is for a 39 month lease with only the first month out of pocket. Is this about as low as I can go or is there still some room? I was hoping to end up around $550 tax in. Thanks!!
    After a couple of weeks and numerous discussions with my sales person at my dealership, the sales manager and I finally hashed out what I believe to be decent terms. He called me personally after I stopped my discussions with my original sales person.

Please let me know your thoughts before I agree to go to the dealership and seal the deal.

2007 G35x
    Base Price - $33,950
    Premium Package - $2,150
    Wood Trim Package - $450
    Sirius Satellite Radio - $300
    Splash Guards - $140
    Trunk Cargo net - $50
    Destination Charge - $700
    MSRP - $37,740
    Invoice - $34,567
    Cap Cost - $35,055
    Sales Tax (7%) - $1,195.21
    Reg/Doc Fees - $217.50
    Acquisition/Bank Fee - $595
    Money Factor - .00176
    Residual (58%) - $21,889.20
    Total Depreciation - $13,165.80
    Term - 39 months

Monthly Depreciation - $337.58
    Monthly Money Cost - $100.22

Monthly Lease Payment - $437.81
    Out of Pocket - $2445.52 (1st Pmt, Sales Tax, Reg/Doc Fees, Acquisition/Bank Fee)

Please let me know your thoughts on the terms listed above. Thanks!
    There are way too many variables to give an accurate assesment. You need to find out specifics, cap cost, MSRP, Money Factor, Residual, Miles per year. Any info you can get can help determine if there is room to play.
    kp22....NOW it's looking better. I plugged in all the numbers into my spread sheet, and as you will see below they are matching.

Lease Payment (39 Months)
    Cap Cost $35,055.00
    Acquisition Fee $0.00
    Total Cost $35,055.00
    Down Payment $0.00
    Trade-in $0.00
    Total Cap Reduction $0.00
    Amt Financed $35,055.00
    Money Factor 0.176%
    MSRP $37,740.00
    Residual $21,889.20
    Residual, Percent 58.00%
    Term, Months 39
    Sales Tax 7.00%
    Monthly Depreciation $337.58
    Monthly Money Cost $100.22
    Lease Payment $437.81
    Sales Tax $30.65
    Total Payment $468.45 (IF YOU PAY TAX MONTHLY)
    Number of Deposits 0
    Upfront Tax $1,195.21
    Acquisition Fee $595.00
    Registration & Docs $217.50
    Drive0ff $2,445.52

Important thing to note is that there don't appear to be any hidden pads anywhere...although I still think that they are undervaluing the residual considering it's only for 10k miles a year, and you are giving them back a car that is under mileage. You can try to push them for 12k miles a year at the same residual, or maybe just go for the best 36mo/30k mile rates, I'll show you below. The car is going for about 500 over invoice which, as long as that is what you are happy with, is important because they aren't really making up for it anywhere else in this lease. Granted...they will be getting your current vehicle and I'm sure they will make up for it there, but if you are prepared just wanting to get out of your current lease and into a new one then it probably isn't worth the further fight. Also, maybe this time you shouldn't pay all the tax upfront incase you decide to turn this one in early...it will lower your out of pocket expense quite a bit too. Here is the same basic lease but with the 36 month numbers of .00175 and 60%. This way, you will pay a little bit more per month...BUT...a little bit less in total taxes, you will save yourself 3 months of payments , and also save the registration fee you will have to pay for the extra 3 months.

Lease Payment (36 Months)
    Cap Cost $35,055.00
    Acquisition Fee $0.00
    Total Cost $35,055.00
    Down Payment $0.00
    Trade-in $0.00
    Total Cap Reduction $0.00
    Amt Financed $35,055.00
    Money Factor 0.175%
    MSRP $37,740.00
    Residual $22,644.00
    Residual, Percent 60.00%
    Term, Months 36
    Sales Tax 7.00%
    Monthly Depreciation $344.75
    Monthly Money Cost $100.97
    Lease Payment $445.72
    Sales Tax $31.20
    Total Payment $476.92
    Number of Deposits 0
    Tire Fee $0.00
    Bank/Doc Fees $0.00
    Upfront Tax $1,123.20
    Dealer Fee $595.00
    License & Registration $217.50
    Drive0ff $2,381.42

Either way, I think that you are getting a pretty fair shake from them...you just had to work for it ;)
    sprinkler13....thanks so much for all of your assistance. This forum has been extremely educational. I will encourage anyone who is interested in leasing a vehicle to visit these forums before, during and after the deal. Thanks again....kp22
    This is for a 39 month lease with 15k a year. I don't know the other numbers. Should I be concerned with the other variables if I can get the monthly payment where I want it? I'm somewhat new to leasing.
    Well....being happy with the payment is the most important part. However, is it the best deal you could make? For that you need to be concerned with the other variables as they can greatly impact your payment.
    From your experience, to get a sport model auto car with nav, tech, and premium, what would be an acceptable lease payment on a 39 month 15K / year with over 700 credit and only paying first month payment. 0 down..

Thanks!! I am shooting for $550 tax in.. Realistic?
    How often does the money factor change? It is obviously driven by the interest rate market and therefore a moving target. Is it set monthly, weekly, etc.? The reason that I ask is because I would like to know what my interest risk would be if I waited until September when my 04 G35x lease is up rather than getting out early. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    The money factor changes monthly. Every month can be different for each type of vehicle...some months they are more agressive than others. If a particular type isn't selling as well, they may have specials to move that model, etc. I'm definitely no expert in it, but what I have noticed...at least from Jan to now for Infiniti is that while the numbers have changed, they have basically offset each other. The Money Factor has lowered, but so has the residual value. Now, while the monthly payment calculates about the same, because the MF and Residual are lower you are in essence paying for more towards the value of the car and less in financing. That won't matter for most if you just turn in the car at the lease end, but should you choose to purchase the car, your residual value will be less and thus it would cost less.
    Acceptable is all relative depending on the person. Right now...I would say that $550/mo. would require a very good deal. I don't know what the 39 month numbers are so I can't really guess. But if you got the best financing for 36 months 15k / year (.00176 & 55%) and you got the car for close to invoice, you could get close to that payment. That also means only financing the cap cost of the car, no rolling in closing costs. One thing to remember is that a 36 month quote might be a few bucks more a month than a 39 month, but you are paying for 3 fewer months. Start getting some quotes from dealers...see how low you can get the cost of the car and what the financing numbers and closing costs are.
  • 3something3something Member Posts: 3
    Hi there - first of all, thanks to all you who post here - you guys are awesome. I've learned a whole lot by reading what y'all have chatted about...

I'm trying to lease a G35 MT through VPP here in Minnesota. The dealer said they would do it, and the car has Prem, Nav, Tech, splash guards and cargo net - MSRP is 38,690

According to them, the invoice price is $35,292, and my VPP selling price is 35,592. But here is where it gets weird: for a 39 month lease 12k miles, they are using a 55% residual, and the money factor is .00217

from the rates I saw posted for March, I was expecting 57% and .00176. And they said going to 36 months only makes a difference of 1 point in the residual, 56%. (Registration in Minnesota gives you a 3 month grace period or something like that which means 36 vs. 39 month term is not a big factor)

Whe I told them i thought the residual and MF would be a lot more favorable than what they were giving me, they claimed my research was flawed because there can be regional differences in the numbers being used. Furthermore, they said there's no opportunity to use any other numbers since the deal would get kicked back if they tried to use a higher residual or lower MF. they were a little put off (or acted a little put off) by my questions
    about the money factor. They said, "This car is super-rare and we could sell it to another dealer right now for more than what what we'll get through VPP". From what I've read here, it sounds like he might be right?

Anyway, the other terms of the deal worked out like this:
    monthly pmt of 526.xx
    595.00 bank fee
    45.00 doc fee
    534.75 - registration fee
    1st month pmt of 526.xx
    drive off was approx 1700

So, I'm excited that they are willing to part with this car through VPP, but I wonder about the MF and residual they are giving me. Does anyone have any insight on that? Was my research all wrong there? Is there anything else I could or should say about those factors? Or should I just STFU and make the deal? :)

Thanks in advance for the help!
    just got all of the numbers.. What do you think?

g35 sport 5at with nav, tech, and premium 39 month lease with 15K miles/ year

MSRP- $39,890

Cap Cost- $36,963

Residual 56%

Money factor .00213

Payment $539.91 + tax

Total out of pocket at signing $795.82

Anymore room?
    They are correct in that the rates can vary from region to region. Are you looking at a Journey, Sport, or X model. That too will have an effect on the rates. Which VPP plan are you using? Also, I think that Money Factor and residual are kinda off....and with VPP, I'm pretty sure that it SHOULD give you the best financing avail., but I am pretty sure that they might also be able to pad those numbers a bit. The website they plug the numbers into will calculate everything, but, if I recall correctly, there are places for the dealer to add numbers too. If they won't budge on that, you are probably better off with the 36/12k lease. Also, that registration seems WAY high. I thought that CA was one of the highest in the nation for registration, and mine was in the low 300's. And don't let them get mad because you want to clarify everything and don't take it all at face value. IMO, if they get pissy and just say your research is wrong, I tend to get skeptical. Just keep being nice and ask them to print out the webpage with the exact quote and send it to you. Then you can see every single line item.
    Their numbers are a bit screwy. You need to find out how much they are rolling into the lease. Somewhere in there they have rolled in about 1300.00 into the cost of the lease. You should see what the $795.00 covers...first month and what? Right now you are looking at about $2100 in closing costs and that is high. Figure, 1st month, registration, acquisition fee ($595), doc fee (under $100), and upfront tax. Also, the money factor seems high. I definitely think there is room to negotiate...it's just a matter of where they are burying the costs. See if you can get them to give you exact numbers for each item. The cap cost they gave you is good, but if they are making up for it by overcharging the "fees" they rolled into the lease then that's where you can squeeze for more. all things considered...when I left the fees alone but changed the financing to the best 36 month 36k numbers (.00176 & 57%) the monthly payment came out the same...but you make 3 fewer payments ;)
    They actually called back and said that they quoted me wrong numbers. Their new numbers are as follows:

Residual for sport model @ 39/mo 55%
    Money factor for 39/mo .00197
    Billing and handling fees- $795
    Doc fees- $150

Payment stays the same at 539 + tax.

or they are offering 552 + tax for 36 mo

Splitting hairs or room for real change?
    Either way, they are probably padding the financing number...but not by much. The question is what is Billing and Handling fees exactly? All I know, is that with the cap cost they quoted and their MF and residual, the ammount being financed is still off by at least 1350...which is probalby what they are charging you for various fees and rolling into the lease. it's ok roll them into the lease if you want, but that number is definitely high. Especially if you are also paying 800 out of pocket. That is $2150 (approx). So lets break that down into real world numbers...and some of these are approximate because tax and registration is different in each state. Tax rate and fees I just paid in CA 1st Month Payment w/ tax @8.25%($583) + Registration ($315) + Acquisition Fee ($595) + Doc Fee ($45) + Upfront tax ($50) = $1588. That's a $600 dollar difference...plus there is a small mark up on the financing. They probably won't budge on the financing which is fine since it's not necessarilly bad...but there is room in the "fees" department. Again...ask them for an ITEMIZED breakdown of the whole lease. They can print you a quote page and if they say 1500 for closing costs, find out how they got to that number. If they really want the business and aren't hiding anything they shouldn't have a problem putting it on paper.
  • 3something3something Member Posts: 3
    Mucho thanks for the reply, Sprinkler13! The vehicle is a G35 Sport 6MT, and I'm on VPP plan D. They claim that the VPP deal doesn't have any variables, but I would have no way to know that... I just thought those MF and residual numbers would be a lot more favorable based on what I've seen around here.

Minnesota registration for a new car is certifiably out of control, cost-wise. Based on a quote from the other dealer in town and what I've paid for the last few cars I bought in this state, this isn't too far out of whack, believe it or not. They used to charge $500 for people coming in from out-of-state to register their cars here as well, but they did change that a couple years ago...

Thanks again for your input!
    Yeah...they don't really have any variables on the cap cost, but I remember seeing other lines where they could add things like dealer add ons, etc. And they manually put in the MF and Residual so they can put in higher numbers. However, when I was doing it, before I went to the dealer I had them print out the quote and send it to me so I could ask questions about all the different charges. I was lucky in that I calculated it out beforehand and their numbers matched mine so I knew I didn't have to fight anything. The only thing I had to deal with was if I wanted to roll any of the closing costs into my lease or not...and I also put down 9 security deposits to lower the money factor even more. THAT was the toughest thing since the GM had never actually done that in all his years there so he had to look it up in their manual to make sure he calculated everything right. If only he had believed me when I showed up with it already on paper and just copied my numbers we could have saved some time ;)
    Thanks for all of youyr help!!! you are a great resource!!
  • sizarrosizarro Member Posts: 7
    Looking for an opinion:

$41,650 MSRP = fully loaded 07 G35x

Proposed Deal:
    No money down, roll tax/tag fees into first month payment so that payments look like this:

Month Payment
    ----- -------
    1 $815
    2 $600
    3 $600
    4 $600
    39 $600

Is this a good deal?
  • dp186dp186 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted the following lease rates, I read through this site as well as the edmunds 10 steps to leasing a car and I still find myself confused. I've never leased before...

15 Months
    $325/month
    $3,254 down including taxes, cap reduction and other standard fees.

24 months
    $375/month
    $3672 down including taxes, cap reduction and other standard fees.

Can anybody offer some advice for me?
  • zooboyzooboy Member Posts: 1
    Hi, like everyone else, looking for a little advice... This is what I was offered in CA:

07 G35 Sport AT + Prem Package - 36 month term

Cap Cost: $34,950
    Doc Fee: $45
    Total Cap: $34,995
    Cap Reduction: $483.28
    Net Cap: $34,511.72
    Residual: 56% - $20,546.40
    Total Depreciation: $13,965.32
    Depreciation: $387.93
    Rent: $96.90
    Subtotal: $484.83
    Tax: $37.57

Monthly Payment $522.40

Cap. Reduction: $483.28
    Tax: $83.57
    License Smog Abate: $307
    Gov. Fees $8.75
    Advance Payments - $522.40
    Bank Fee: $595
    Total Drive Off: $2,000

Please let me know how and in what area I can do better... I have no idea what most of these numbers mean.
  • wbb56wbb56 Member Posts: 45
    I am in the final stages of negotiation for a G35 Sport Auto, with Premium Package, Tech Package, Navigation, Spoiler, and Cargo Nets. Total MSRP w/Dest. is $40,300. Invoice is $36,757

First question: I am offering $37,782-is this a reasonable offer? So far the dealer says we are close--but won't disclose his number-yet. If we agree to go with my cap cost the lease options follow:

36 Months/12k Miles/$477.57 (this is paying a total of 9 security deposits to reduce the money factor to .00086 from .00176 and paying the Lease Acq. Fee and Doc. Fee ($954) up-front.
    or
    36 Months/15k Miles/$499.92

A couple of questions: I have conflicting info regarding the security deposits--one dealer told me that the security deposits are based on the payment BEFORE application of the lower Money Factor--so in my case the SD would be $4950 instead of $4500. I was also told that the security deposits are taxed in North Carolina--can that be right?

I would like to close this deal--but do it right--and I'd like to pay as many fees up front as possible to avoid rolling them into the lease and paying interest on them during the course of the lease.

Any advice-comments is greatly appreciated!
    I can't say for sure about the tax on the security deposits, but I can say that they are correct about the cost for each security deposit. It is based on the payment before the MF gets lowered. I thought like you when I went in for my lease, but the GM actually brought me the Infiniti book that explained how to calculate the addl. security deposits. Apparently, I was the first person to ever propose this to that particular GM ;)

As for your payments, your money factor is good, and I suppose that 1k over invoice is good for that loaded of a car. You just have to make sure that the residual is good as well.
  • josh4584josh4584 Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking of trading in my car and leasing a G35. I know if you prepay the lease you get a better money factor.....but will I save on tax like I do when i buy? Thanks
  • csonka1csonka1 Member Posts: 11
    I would have thought the same thing; however, in negotiating my lease (I am signing the documents this week and picking up the vehicle), I had the dealer provide me the lease figures under both scenarios (e.g., w/ monthly payments versus prepaying the lease up front). The figures under each scenario did not make a difference (or much of one) to prepay.
  • xclusivexclusive Member Posts: 3
    I was offered a deal (NYC area) for a new 2007 Infiniti G35x AWD Blue Slate-Stone with Premium, Navigation, Splash Guards, Trunk Cargo Net, Alarm, and Remote Start for $2880 due at signing and $450/Month - 15k miles/year - 39 Month lease. Is this a good offer??
  • shainblmshainblm Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote for a 07 G35 sedan manual sport

The quote for the lease is 617 for 39 months. all that is due at singing is first month and plates so the taxes are rolled in which i would want.

What do you think of this lease.. the sticker is 37590
    is it a good deal????
    Is that a pre-tax payment? Also, for an accurate calculation you need to find out the MSRP, Cap Cost, Money Factor, and Residual. It would also help to get a breakdown of the $2880 in closing costs...how much is cap reduction, tax, title, etc.
    See my post above. Most important is that you need to find out exactly what they are charging you for the closing costs even if they are rolled into the lease. They can tell you they are rolling it into the lease, but if they are charging you 5k for fees you need to know ;)
    2007 Infiniti G35x AWD with Premium, Navigation, Splash Guards, Trunk Cargo Net, Passive Alarm system, and Remote Start.

39 Month Lease with 15K miles/year

MSRP: $39,090
    Cap Cost: $36,233.94
    Money Factor: .00176??? (Rent Charge=$3,939.30)
    Residual: $21,812
    Final Deal = $454/Month with $2856.50 in closing costs ($655.24 Cap Cost Reduction, $454 1st Month, $152 Registration Fees, $54.88 Tax on Cap Cost Reduction, $1482.88 Sales Tax-NYC, $45 Doc Fee, $12.50 Tire Fee)

Deal or No Deal???
    Well...for the most part everything looks pretty good. Your Cap cost is about $500 over invoice. Your registration, doc fee, and tire fee, look fine. The MF and Residual are also good considering a 39mo/15k lease. And, when I plugged in your numbers as listed above I came to the same monthly payment. However, I have a couple of questions. First, I am not sure how they are calculating the $1482 for sales tax. Not sure what the tax rate in NY is, so I can't say for sure, but even if it's off, it's likely only by $100 or so. That being said...I don't see the $595 acquisition fee listed in there anywhere...which I guess is good in your case, so I wouldn't ask about it. I would not pay the $655 cap reduction which would lower your upfront costs and only increase your monthly payment to $472/mo. Do some research and you'll see that it's not recommended to put anything towards cap reduction. So, if they take it off and don't add the acq. fee...you can figure that you are now getting the car for pretty close to Invoice. Good luck!
  • scrapper01scrapper01 Member Posts: 2
    I have ordered a G35 Sport 6MT on the VPP schedule D program.

I have asked for some lease quotes and the F&I guy is quoting me the following money factors & residuals:

24 months .00288 65%
    36 months .00191 55%
    39 months .00242 54%

These seem Ihigh to me, I has specefically requested the tier 1 buy rates, I was expecting the 36 month rate to come in at .00176. Can any one confirm what the buy rate should be in Florida?

Thanks in advance,
  • chefadam1chefadam1 Member Posts: 4
    25K Lease for 24 months
    (paid .10/mile upfront on 20k miles)

Hello,

Just picked up my car yesterday. I do high mileage being in sales.

Agreed upon value of Auto $33,992.16
    plus 1,186.98 for sales tax rolled into payment.
    total Gross cap cost $35,179.14

Monthly payment $575.37
    total of monthky payments $13808.88

at lease signing:

Cap cost reduction of $500 and $250 for window tinting
    first payment $575.37
    title fees 142.00
    tax on cap cost $64.69
    Doc fee 45.00/12.50 tire fee
    Aquistion fee $595.00
    Aqu fee tax $51.32

Total: 2235.88

residual is $34,429.14
    depreciation is $22875.90
    = 11553.24
    rent charge 2255.64 (forgot to ask what this was for)
    = total base of monthly payments 13808.88/24 months=

Money factor is 1.76

I was quoted as high as $680/month on 39 months & $650 from another dealership, so I am thinking I did ok here. I went with the 24 months and a bit of a higher payment to avoid excess wear and tear, tires brakes etc right before I would need to return the vehicle on a 39 month with about 80K miles.

This way i return it with 50K miles, still under warranty and no need for new tires at that point.

What are your thoughts on this deal?

Thanks!
    Look thru some of my older posts and you'll see the March rates posted.
  • homer426homer426 Member Posts: 3
    Premium Package with sirius and wood trim.
    Sale price is $35,558 (dealer claims $1,000 over invoice which appears right)
    Residual is 56%
    Money factor .00176
    Inception costs $1631 ($595 bank fee, $197 doc fee (BS I know), $508 1st pymt, $331 registration (dealer claims this is prepaid registration for each year of lease)
    15,000 miles per year
    $508/month for 39 months (tax included)

He also offered $556 for sign and drive

I was looking to get something in the $450/mo range with no more than $1000 out of pocket but the dealer said that was not possible unless he gave me the car below cost.

Am I crazy or can I do better?
  • scrapper01scrapper01 Member Posts: 2
    no kidding, that is why I was expecting the Mf of .00176. The F&I guy claims that the nissan tier 1 buy rate is .00188 (again on a '07 g35 sport 6MT). So what i am gathering is that they guy is not telling the truth, because nissan offers the same financing rates nation wide? i just want to be sure before i call him a lair infront of all his co-workers and the dealership general manager.
    Well...if you look at the posted rates there is a note about the possibility of it varying by region. I pulled those numbers from another site and it doesn't post rates by region, so I suppose he could be telling the truth. It's also possible that it's different for the 6MT, but I can't guarantee. And again...they don't HAVE to offer you the buy rate. But...if you are in a position to walk, you can certainly tell them to forget about it unless you get that rate.
    I took delivery of the 07 G35X. NY sales tax is 8.375%. I did not see any acquisition fee listed, so I didn't ask. I did not attempt to have the cap reduction removed because I was in the dealership for a long time and they were trying to increase the monthly payment by $77/Month. However, I stand my ground and told them that I am not paying above what we negotiated...got the deal as I wanted.
    Well..his numbers all add up, and really nothing looks out of the ordinary other than the doc fee which while a bit high...is not exactly as high as some I've seen. There is likely no way for you to get it to the $450 range. You can certainly try to knock off something from the sale price...but even at Invoice you are looking at $477/month with about $1600 due at signing. So, your deal isn't that bad...if you can try to get your sale price down, you can expect to see about a $3/month drop for every $100 off the price of the car. Also...not sure about the prepaid registration for each year of the lease...does that mean that you won't have to pay registration for the next two years? If so, I guess that is good...if not, I'm not sure if that is really high since I don't know about registration in NJ. Here in CA, that is about what I pay per year! Another option you might have if you want to lower your payment is to put down addl. security deposits. That of course depends on your financial situation and your ability to put a couple grand up front that you won't need for 3 years. Each addl. security deposit you put down lowers the MF by .0001 (a min of 2 deposits and max of 9). The thing about these is that unlike a straight cap reduction which lowers your monthly payment more, the security deposit is refundable so at the end of the lease you actually did better than by just paying the cap reduction.
  • jjraiders45jjraiders45 Member Posts: 5
    Homer, which dealer in NJ did you negotiate with? I am talking with some of them right now. I'm getting deals that are a little lower on the monthly payment but much higher on Inceptions costs.