Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey lefty4. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35X through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00201 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00194 and 60%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • sah2sah2 Member Posts: 10
    Quoted $396/month for premium / $369/month without for 39 month, 15k miles per year with 0 money down.

Understanding the mf / residual facts, is this a good deal based on others experiences?
  • sonicboomsonicboom Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you please look to see if this is a good deal?

G35 awd premium package with Navi
    MSPR: 39,948
    Selling price: 36,448
    Residual: 59%
    Money factor: 0.00197
    36 months @ 12,000

I am calculating 528-529. Please advise if this looks like a good deal?

Thanks,
  • unkownuserunkownuser Member Posts: 23
    06 G35x AWD w/Premium, flaps, trunk liner. MSRP = 37,450.

36 months, 12,000 miles per year lease.

$0 down other than first month's payment, sales tax, and $150 paperwork.

Payments: $460/month.
  • earny99earny99 Member Posts: 3
    2005 G35 sedan with premium package C and wood trim inside.

MSRP:35,520
    36 Months with 15,000 miles/year
    758 drive off (first month plus fees)
    407+tax / month
  • freshwaterfreshwater Member Posts: 92
    I need to get out from my lease for 2004 Maxima SL 22800 miles and a dent on the passenger door (cost to fix ~$800).
    I have finish 25 months out of 39 months. My payoff amount is 22500 and Kelly blue book is $18950.

Infiniti offer me this. They will buy me out on the lease.
    (they will be paying ~$3500 to buy out).

2005 G35 Coupe RWD Auto
    options: premium pckg= 2450 + spoiler free.
    Total Value of the vehicle = 35840 +tax +Acq fee = 37325
    48 months/560 per month 12000 Miles/yr.
    Residual value $18250.

DEAL OR NO DEAL.
    I'd be happy to take a look at your deal, sonicboom. I believe that Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of this car is .00194 and that the .00197 factor that you mentioned is for a 39 month lease. The residual value is a little off as well, but close. These numbers are so close that it doesn't really matter. Either way, the dealer is being honest with you about this car's money factor and is not trying to mark it up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks very good as well. I just worked up a lease payment on this car for you and according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan with an MSRP of $39,948 and a selling price of $36,448 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $454. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be around the same. I used a 36 month factor and residual of .00194 and 61% and 39 month numbers of .00197 and 60% to arrive at the payment that I came up with. As you can see, this is a lot lower than the payment that you came up with. Perhaps it is because the residual that you were quoted is too low.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings earny99. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    I see that you have been watching the new NBC game show, freshwater. The first time that I flipped on "Deal or No Deal" I said to myself "This is dumb" and I wanted to change the channel, but I just couldn't. It's silly but strangely addictive. Anyhow, I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". One of our most knowledgeable community members, Terry, frequents that discussion and he is often kind enough to give community members who give him an accurate description of their vehicles with his opinion on their value. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Is the "Total Value of the vehicle" that you mentioned this car's MSRP or selling price? I need to know both of these numbers to give you my opinion of this deal. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    car_man,

Here are the details.
    MSRP= $36700
    Agreed upon value of the vehicle = $35841
    Sales Tax = $934
    Acquisition fee = $550
    Adjusted Capitalized cost = $37020
    Residual value = 18250
    Rent charge = 8109 ( what is this ??)

For my maxima the mkt value (kelly book) of the car is $18950 and the payoff amount is $22950. So dealship has to pay the difference to the Bank (nissan financial )plus a small dent to fix (~$850). so far I have payed off $11440 and remaining payments left are $5720.

Yes I did watch Deal or No Deal and people walk away with lot of money very easily.

Thanks.
    Thanks for the additional information, freshwater. A base 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. According to the information that you posted, you are only being given a discount of around $860 on this car. If you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition for your business, I suspect that you will be able to do better than this by shopping around. Having said this, if the dealer is not charging you anything to get out of your current lease early you are making out fine.

Lease payments are made up of two main components, the interest portion and the depreciation. The rent charge that you asked about is the total amount of interest that you are being charged over the life of your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    This is a 2005 Coupe with premium package, spoiler, splash guards, Mats all adds to $37100 as MSRP. 0 down,
    He also told me he will sell me for the invoice price and he shows me the invoice which was around $32500 very close to edmunds invoice price..
    It looks like the dealer is not charging me for breaking the lease but he still need to pay the difference of the mkt value of maxima and the buyout and some how he included those in my payments which adds up to $560/m.

I done the Deal today.

thanks.
  • uptempoballeruptempoballer Member Posts: 6
    Hello all,

Thank you for all your comments and tips and making my leasing process easy...

Here is the deal that I got:
    MSRP - $39400 (Premium Package and Nav)
    Cap cost - $36534
    Mileage - 15K year
    Lease - 39mths
    first month/tax/tags/doc fees/aqu fee - $3158
    down payment - $0
    Monthly payment - $472

Please let me know if this was a good deal or not...

thanks,

Up
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Hello, Freshwater. May I ask why you're ready
    to turn your Maxima in early? The reason I
    ask, I'm almost four years into a five-year
    lease on a 2002 Maxima. I love the car, but
    this has been my first lease and although I
    got cash back in my pocket to drive this car
    and the payments are pretty decent, the length
    of the lease is just too long, as I have been
    trading in my cars every three to three-and-a half years. I looked into leasing a 2005 Maxima, but the dealer (I have bought three Nissans from this dealership in the past) did not seem to want to work out a deal that I thought was reasonable. Same picture;
    I supposedly owe more than the car is worth.
    So I would say this sounds like a pretty good
    deal to me if Infiniti is willing to do that
    for you. The G35 coupe is also on my wish
    list for my next car also. Good luck
    Maximafan,

Nothing against the maxima its runs real good but I just feel like driving a more sporty car. And G35 Coupe will give you the feel and look of a sports car. Its like driving a Z350 with four seats and a look of Porche from the front. I am enjoying every mile of it. This car reminds me of my 1983 RX-7 I used to drive but much more power and strong brakes. Try taking your car to Carmax they might give you a better price or just go to Infiniti and see what deal they can give you.
  • dknetzdknetz Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking for a lease on a G35 coupe with sport and premium packages. I want 24 months and 12K per year. I would like to pay $1000 to drive off. Can you please tell me how much I should expect to pay per month excluding tax?

Thanks for your help
    Congratulations on your new car, freshwater. Dealer invoice is a very reasonable price for a G35 Coupe. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi uptempoballer. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks good to me. Using the information that you provided in your post, I estimate that this car should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $459. Assuming that you paid tax at lease signing, it appears as though the payment that you were given is a little higher than this. Perhaps the dealer that you are working with marked-up Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for this car to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    I completely agree with your assessment of the G35 Coupe, freshwater. I think that it is a gorgeous car. You have excellent taste in vehicles :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dknetz. In order for me to give you an idea of how much it will cost to lease this car, I need you to provide me with its MSRP and selling price. You should be able to find all of thie information here at Edmunds.com. Stop by the following section of this site to find the MSRP: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have this information, let me know and I will use Infiniti's actual lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • earny99earny99 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man. Can you tell me the money factors and residuals for January on 05 and 06 G35 sedan 15Kmi/year, 36 months. Thanks
    Car_man

Thanks for all your help with this deal. Just got my free spoiler installed today only took 1 HR. Great customer service at the dealership of Lisle. I can feel that people driving BMW,s, Lexus and Acura are looking at this car and you can feel on the road that you are the leader of the pack. 0-60 is amazing on this car. :blush:
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Oh, the great eighties. I also owned an RX-7.
    It was a 1988. That was the car I've owned
    the longest, almost 7 years (with the exception of my 1979 Mustang which I drove in
    high school) The RX was a great car,
    completely trouble-free. I definitely am
    thinking about checking with the Infiniti
    dealer regarding some sort of trade-in with
    my lease, or maybe I'll try to hang in there
    for another 6 months. We'll see.
  • cyclone3cyclone3 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

I appreciate your advice on this forum. Here's the quote I have:

2006 G35x AWD w/Premium C and Navigation:

MSRP - $39210
    Selling Price - $36542
    Money Factor - .00165
    Residual - $22350 – 57%
    Total Due at Signing - $590 +/- $5.
    Documentation Fee - $550 (built into lease)
    39 mos./15,000 mi
    $477/month + tax

Thanks!
  • mark625mark625 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman,

Can you help me out on this lease deal:
    (My Tax rate is 7.75% in SoCal.)

2006 Auto G Coupe w/ premium + sport + navi + trunk mat ($40,180 - MSRP / $36,970 - Invoice Internet Price = $38,500) at the following payment levels.

$2,000 to start 24 x $632 including tax
    Residual = $28,126 Money Factor = 2.55

$2,000 to start 36 x $573 including tax
    Residual = $24,108 Money Factor = 2.29

$2,000 to start 39 x $586 including tax
    Residual = $22,902 Money Factor = 2.5

Is the price ok? And one more thing, I tried to use edmund lease calculator, it seems the monthly payment (for 36 month lease ) are way too high? From the above figure (36 month), I calculate the monthly should fall between $435-$470 included tax (7.75%). Am I correct? Thank you for your help.
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks. The MSRP is $38,540 and the selling price is $35,574. I live in Santa Clara county CA with a sales tax of 8.25%. I have excellent credit.

Regards,

dknetz
  • bengotbengot Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am about to lease a 2006 g35 premium pkg that lists for $36990 / $37780 with dealer options. I'm putting $4000 down and their paying the tax (about $1900). They quoted me $480/mo for 42 months @ 12000mi/yr. I have no idea if this is a good deal after looking at your forums. can you please help me..thanks
    Hi, I just posted a reply by mistake, i'll try again. I am about to lease a 2006 g35 premium pkg that lists for $36990/$37780 with dealer options. I'm putting down $4000 and their paying the tax (about $1900) they quoted me $480/mo for 42 months @ 12000 mi per year...is this about right..thanks
  • pepeloupepelou Member Posts: 3
    39 months/12k miles per year - $385 per month with
    just $2290 due at signing plus plates.
  • asleepyasleepy Member Posts: 70
    bengot,

I'm sure Car_man will chime in with the "official" word in this forum but in general, it is not a good idea to put money down on a lease. If your car is stolen or totalled during the lease period, insurance will pay off the car to the leasing company but nothing to you -- you are out the $4000. It would make more financial sense to take to put the $4000 in a savings account and use a part of it each month to pay for the difference between $480 and the higher payment.

- A.
    I ended up putting down $1000 and paid the approx $3000 sales tax and got a payment of $473 per month 12mmi/yr 42mo. lease. I was comfortable with this because we averaged 12,000/yr on our last vehicle over 31/2yrs owning it. I'll post the details of the lease asap. I only found this forum 1hr before leasing the vehicle and it Really, Really helped me bargin. This may not be the best deal I could have gotten but it would have been much worse..thanks
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Car_man

I'm interested in leasing the 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT. What are the LMF and residual values for 24 months/12,000 miles per year and 36 months/12,000 miles per year?
  • elanspelansp Member Posts: 39
    All-

I'm looking into geting a G35 6 speed sedan (most in my area are automatics of the G35x variety). Can anyone advise on current residual and MF details for a 36 or 39 month lease with either 10k or 12k.

Thanks in advance.
  • durangochris84durangochris84 Member Posts: 2
    Ok so this is prolly gonna make everyone laugh but i went to my local Infiniti dealership and told them i wanted to lease a G35 coupe no options other than a sunroof and in black and i didnt want a payment more than 325 they kinda laughed and told me the only way that would happen would be if i let them make the residual almost 30k and im young and dumb and dont understand what the bad thing in this is if i get the car i want at a price i can afford what would happen at the end of my lease with this 30 risidual i would want to lease another so does it really matter how much its still worth to them ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    The bank sets the residual, not the dealer... So, not sure how they can make that happen...

But, you are correct.. if you are leasing the car, with no intention of buying it, a high residual makes for a low payment...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• durangochris84durangochris84 Member Posts: 2
    so if they can make it happen its an OK deal? i just dont wanna go to trade the car in and they say i will be 20k upside down or something like that
    If you try to trade it before the lease is up.. that may indeed be the case... But, it shouldn't be a problem, if you take the lease to term.

It is probably a moot point.. I've seen banks that will allow a residual to be lowered, as that has no ill effect on them (for people that have a car allowance from their employer, and plan to buy the car at lease end), but I've never heard of a bank that will allow the residual to be raised..

It sounds like the salespeople were just talking in hypotheticals...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx,

Would you be able to answer my question above (post #135)?

Ben
    I'm sorry... I don't have the information on residuals and money factors... Car_man is the expert when it comes to that.. He stops in here on a regular basis..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I sure can, earny99. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan with 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00159 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2005 model should be .00265 and 48%. The '05 model's money factor is so much worse because Infiniti replaced its money factor support on it with $2,000 dealer cash. Make sure to take this incentive into account when negotiating its selling price if you opt to go with the '05 model.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, freshwater. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks cyclone3. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car are right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' current lease program for it. This is always a good sign. The car that you described has a spread of around $3,300 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You are being given a discount of just under $2,700 on the car that you are interested in. This means that you are probably at around $650 or so above invoice, which is a very reasonable price. If you are in an area with a lot of competition and shop around and/or beat up the dealer that you are working with you may be able to get another hundred or two off, but it won't make a big difference in terms of your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mark625. The price that you were quoted for this car is around $1,500 over dealer invoice. If you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to get another $500 or so off by shopping around. For additional feedback on how much you should pay for this car, price-wise, try stopping by the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Let's work up a couple of lease payments using the price that you mentioned in your post and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe with an MSRP of $40,180 and a selling price of $38,500 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, I estimate that your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $595. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be around $554. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be around $550.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the additional information, dknetz. Let's work up a lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe with an MSRP of $38,540 and a selling price of $35,574 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $488.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bengot. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

One thing that I did notice about your deal is the large down payment that you are making. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your G35 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $4,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. You would be better off keeping that money in the bank and using it to supplement your monthly payment or make a few of them than using it as a cap cost reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello pepelou. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing, or exactly which model you want for that matter. These are important things for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you provide me with this information.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for the information. I paid $551.02 plus tax last weekend through IFS. It sounds as though I was stiffed! I was under the impression that once I had negotiated the price with the dealership I would get a lease payment based upon a standard money factor from IFS. Am I being naive? This may be a stupid question but is there anything I can do after signing?

I really appreciate your knowledge and help.

dknetz
    I appreciate that, except that Car_man has now failed to respond to my question twice. I'm pretty sure my question was similar to every other that is asked here ...
    Hi benji123. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00220 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00229 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings elansp. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti 2WD G35 Sedan through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00159 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00163 and 58%, respectively. If you were to lease this car for either of these terms with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host