Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• blevine17blevine17 Member Posts: 5
    I've decided to lease an Infiniti G35 coupe for my next car. Can anyone who has recently leased a G35 Coupe in New York or is knowledgeable about the prices in New York tell me a range of what I can expect in terms of monthly payment for a 24 month lease or a 36 month lease, 10,000 or 12,000 miles a year, with no money down and taxes rolled into the payment. Also what package would be best in terms of handling in the snow?
    Can anyone give me their opinion of the following lease offer I have on the table?

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, auto, Premium Package, trunk mat, splash guards MSRP $36,390, selling price $34,000.00. Monthly payment is $491.36 for 36 month lease with taxes rolled in, no money down.
    Correction to the last message, MSRP was $36,930.00
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    Hello CarMan. Do you have the mf and residuals for an '06 G35X? What's the best "program" Infiniti has out right now?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• naijaprncessnaijaprncess Member Posts: 5
    Hi blevine17. I have been in the same dilemma b/c I live in the NY/NJ area (right across the hudson) & I really don't know where to go. I contacted some dealers in VA & NC & they quoted me a lower price & no $$ down. Simply, where in NY did you go for the price quote. I am in the market for the G35x sedan. Thanks in advance
  • naijaprncessnaijaprncess Member Posts: 5
    elansp,

where in NJ did u get ur car. Thanks in advance.

cheers
  • soroka24soroka24 Member Posts: 9
    Car Man,

2006 G35 Coupe Automatic
    Premium Package w/ Intelligent Key
    Performance and Wheel Package 18 inch
    Tint
    Wheel Locks
    Low Jack
    MSRP 37,640

They came back with 36 months, $486 per month with $1500 down (not exactly sure what that 1500 includes and not sure how many miles a year this offer is for, I will find out soon).

Also, I have one payment left on a 2003 Nissan Altima which they said would go away.

Can you offer any advice on if you think this is a fair offer and how much lower I can get them down?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I am interested to hear any offers other consumers have received on the G35 with similar options.
    I went to the Infiniti dealership in Massapequa on Long Island. Actually, I went back there today and finalized my deal. 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe [diamond graphite], Premium package, splash guards, trunk mat. Same MSRP but he dropped the cap cost to $33,641.00 for a 36 month lease, same money factor listed above. Monthly payment of $485.00 per month with taxes rolled in. Bank fee and first month payment due at pick up.

I was considering getting the spoiler, the dealer came back to me by offering to do it by rolling an extra $15 per month into my payment for it, I thought that was a little steep. Any thoughts?
    Soroka,

I got the same deal, without the tint or performance and wheel package for $1 per month cheaper (with taxes rolled in) with an MSRP of $36,930.00 and without putting anything down.
  • njudunnonjudunno Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys just wanted to share the deal I got in northern NJ. I went into the dealership just to look, but the saleman was excellent and I got a great deal so pickup a 2006 g35x. Went with a 24month lease. Here are the details

2006 G35x with Premium C, Navigation, Painted splash guards, and trunkmat.

MSRP: 39,400
    Invoice(According to Edmunds): 36,035
    Selling price: 35,850
    Money Factor: 0.00126
    Residual: 69% with 12k miles a year
    $1500 total out of pocket including 1st payment
    $450/month tax included

I thought it was a great deal. The haggling process took no more that 10 minutes, I actually thought I was gettin ripped off somehow because everything was way too easy. The salesman actually showed me all these numbers including invoice, residual, and money factor. He told me I looked like an informed buyer and he didnt want to BS me
  • zmnbyuzmnbyu Member Posts: 9
    Carman,

I'm a first time leasee (pre-leasee?) and would really appreciate some help. Looking to get an 06 G35 2wd, 36 or 39 month lease, 15k miles/yr. MSRP is $33,180, invoice (per edmunds) is $30,506. Thinking fair price is $31,006. What should the other numbers be? Any suggestions to avoid getting ripped off besides reading the articles here?

Thanks

Zmnbyu
    Update to the above:

Dealer called with first offer.

Car Price = $31930
    Lease Rate (???)= 3.91%
    $436.81/month plus $24.02 in taxes = $460.83

39 months/15k per year.

Thoughts anyone.
    Another update:

Residual is 57% and money is .00162 on 39 months and 15k.

Anyone have opinion? I'm thinking the money and residual is good but wondering about the purchase price.

Thanks all in advance.

Todd
  • iwantg35badiwantg35bad Member Posts: 2
    Is it easy to receive a VPP claim number for those who have access to them? The only way I will be able to get this car is if I can get a "friend" to give me a claim number. Anyone intested in helping a brother out??? Thanks for your time.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    the rules state you also need to show proof of employment when at the dealer so they know you are eligible for VPP. If it was a matter of just getting a number, everybody could use it.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• iwantg35badiwantg35bad Member Posts: 2
    http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp/nissan/offer.html

The employee gets the claim number for a "friend" if I understand this correctly. Am I way off?
    Huh. Interesting. I didn't even realize there are 2 different programs. I fall under "Business Associates," so its different for me.

Certainly seems like, if you can befriend an NNA employee, you can use the program.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• yellowcaryellowcar Member Posts: 46
    Car Man:

Can you provide the 24 and 36 month MF and RV for the '06 coupe at the 10K miles level?

Thanks
  • mishman1mishman1 Member Posts: 10
    By my calculations with that purchase price you should be at 408.63 tax included.

I'd also offer less on that purchase price.
  • taradawn49taradawn49 Member Posts: 3
    I've been negotiating with the Orlando, FL Infiniti now for a week...I'm becoming very impatient. The offer on the table is for a 2005 G35 Coupe Premium Package..on show room floor with 300 miles on it. A lease Option for 42 months @ $645 with only 12k yearly with a trade in on my 2004 dodge stratus of $5,000 the total purchase price is alittle under %39,000.....I think I'm getting screwed.

Would it be better to lease a 2006 with all of MY options ????

Thoughts on the monthly payment and residual???
    My credit score is 690.

Thanks!! : )

I hate how car salesmen see me coming as a women and they think "laydown" ...guess you might say I'm their wet dream, haha. - Tara
  • bimmer12bimmer12 Member Posts: 72
    Tara,

By just eyeballing your lease quote, I think it is excessively high especially considering that the care you reference is a 2005 w/ mileage and you are trading in an existing car. People have been getting decent deals on the coupes if you scroll back a few pages in this forum. I would recommend you go after a 2006 after finding out the lease terms (MF and Residual) for April. The hosts can definitely help you out with this.
    Best of Luck!
  • mishman1mishman1 Member Posts: 10
    Carman - Can you provide the April deals, and residual, and MF for G35? Also any Incentives.

Thanks - Bob
    Can anyone help me with the MF and Residuals for April..on a G35 Auto lease....with the first premium package?? at 20k miles ????
  • frank310frank310 Member Posts: 47
    What dealer did you get this from? I'm in North Jersey and looking for the same car for my wife. Thanks for the help.

Frank
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Brad. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 AWD with an MSRP of $39,320 and a selling price of $37,171 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $484. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be around $474. For the 24 month lease, I used a money factor and residual of .00126 and 70%. For the 36 month lease, I used a money factor and residual of .00141 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    I know that the residual isn't effected by your credit score...but is the money factor??? My infiniti dealership is quoting me .00333 on the MF and $18739 on the residual....with nothing down 12k mo...and $4000 in negative equity. My net purchase price at $31998..........on a 2005.

Carman- what is your advice as far as a "fair" term on a new '06 coupe with the 1st premium package, auto trans???

Can you help me understand what I should be asking for as far as MF and residual. I know I will need at least 18k miles a year. Thank you so much. Tara
    Hi Josh. That sounds way too low to me. I think that something must be off here. If you let me know this car's selling price, I would be happy to use Infiniti's current lease program to estimate what the cost of this lease should be right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Infinite. $300 over dealer invoice is a very good price for this car. I'd be happy to use Infiniti's actual current lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be based upon this price quote, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP. Let me know and I'll work up a payment for you that we can compare to the one you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings bigred8. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You should be able to find out what a good price is for this car, but checking out the myriad of posts about it over in the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". As far as what its current lease program is like goes, this will depend upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00141 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi blevine17. The selling price that you were quoted looks very reasonable to me. Using the numbers that you mentioned in your posts, an MSRP of $36,930 and a selling price of $34,000, I estimate that your 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment for this car should be around $471. It's tough to say how much tax amounts to, so you may want to ask the dealer that you are working with for a payment quote before tax for the sake of comparison.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nyccarguy. 36 months is probably the best term to gi with on this car right now. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00141 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi soroka24. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this lease if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new car, njudunno. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    hi zmnbyu. I have seen a number of consumers get a G35 for fairly close to invoice, so if you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition for your business $500 over is probably attainable. Using the prices that you provided in your post, an MSRP of $33,180 and a selling price of $30,506, I estimate that this car's 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $392. The best way to avoid getting "ripped off" when leasing is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible for the vehicle that you want and to make sure that your lease payment is being calculated using its buy rate lease money factor. This car's buy rate for the aforementioned lease is .00159. You should be able to get additional feedback on this car's price by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, yellowcar. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00219 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00219 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Bob. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through IFS right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00159 and 58%, respectively. Infiniti is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on leftover 2005 G35 Sedans, but it does not have any cash incentives on the 2006 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi taradawn49. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for. 36 months is a very common lease term. Check out my previous post for information on this car's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease program. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Infiniti Financial Services publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Tara. Infiniti isn't even leasing 2005 models any longer. If you want to lease one right now, you probably would have to go through an independent bank. If I was in the market for a G35 Coupe and wanted to lease, I would go with a 2006 model. I'd only pick up a 2005 model if I was going to pay cash or finance.

Car_man
    Host
    ">link title
  • p996p996 Member Posts: 56
    Thanks for all your help with people's questions. You are a stand up buy.

Here is my deal. I have yet to go to the dealer but I want to have all the info IN HAND the day I walk in.

06 Coupe.
    MSRP -$37,390
    Invoice - 34,203
    Buy Price - $34,500 “I hope”

Now I understand that there are dealer fee's and acquisition fee's. Does Infinity financial charge bank fee's for “A” credit individuals?

Is the Residual value calculated off the MSRP or the negotiated price?

Can you tell me what other fee's the dealer will try to stick me with? I really want to buy the car for $34,500. I can’t afford it higher.

It would be a 2 year Lease with 10k miles a year. I don't want to put down ANYTHING other than my first months payment.

The tax here in S Florida is 6.5%

Can I just go in there and say I want to buy the car for $34,500 PERIOD! You can add in your dealers fee's and other fee's into that price. If you can't do it then "I" can't do it.

Can you give me an OUT THE DOOR monthly payment for this car? When I do the Edmunds calculator I get something like $675 a month!!!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

James

P.S. are Infinity Lease’s able to be taken over by other people? Like Leasetrader.com?
    If so, will it cost me anything to transfer it?
  • cvpacguycvpacguy Member Posts: 14
    I got a quote from the internet sales manager at a local Infiniti dealer today and I wanted to run the #'s by some of you folks to see what you think.

2006 G35 sedan w/auto and premium package C, MSRP of $35,600 and an initially-discussed cap cost of $33,023, MF of 0.00159 and a 58% residual. With $0 down I was quoted $461 for a monthly payment and was told they would try to get the price lower since they changed ownership recently and are wanting to move product. How does this sound? Can I do better?

I live in CA and the sales tax is 7.75% and I have excellent credit (810 score).
  • justlookin4justlookin4 Member Posts: 6
    G35, Premium package sedan, 24 month lease MSRP $36,200, Cap Cost $34,300, Doc and Bank Fee $585, Cap Reduc $2,650, Resid 70%, Monthly Payment $407.99 includes 9% taxes

Cash on delivery $3,422 - $2,650 cap reduc, Tax and Lic $363 and $407.99 first payment.

Thoughts on this deal?
  • justlookin4justlookin4 Member Posts: 6
    2006 G35 Sedan with Premium package and Automatic Transmission model 90516 subject to availability to IFS Tier I qualified lessees through Infiniti-Nissan LT. MSRP $35,600 includes destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $32,196 includes a $550 non-refundable acquisition fee.

What is acquisition fee for?
  • shaytaanshaytaan Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

This is a great offer, can you please let me know which dealer did you go to and who was the salesman you dealt with?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• p996p996 Member Posts: 56
    Car-man

Here is an update to the message I left for you a day ago. You have not been able to respond yet but I thought I would give you an update.

The dealer agreed to $200 over invoice on a coupe, auto, 18's, premium, matt, guards.

He also agreed to %72 and a MF of .00219.

BUT….

He then wrote out a quote and it said they had to add a $695 dealer fee, a 500 Bank fee and more fees. It came out to 2088 over the selling price. He then rolled it into the selling price making it $36,688.55 and quoted me $581.80 a month for 24 months!

This is coming from a dealer that has 5 left over 05’s on the lot as well.

Could I tell them that the selling price with ALL the inceptions including bank fee’s and dealer fee’s and license and taxes other than the first months payment needs to be $200 over invoice?

Is that what you all are doing in order to get these $400 a month payments?

You talk all about selling price but then never talk about all the added fee’s. I don’t have any money to put down. So does this mean there is no way I will get a Coupe in the 400’s? With just my first months payment down?
  • dkl14dkl14 Member Posts: 2
    Just signed a 36-month 10K lease for a 2006 G35 Coupe Auto with the Premium Package, Performance Tire & Wheel Package and Aero Package. MSRP is $38,050 and the dealer said that he was selling the car at or near the invoice of $34,800.

Only $169 doc fee due at signing and quoted $520/month (includes 6% NJ sales tax) with bank fee, MV fee, registration/title fee, etc. all rolled into the monthly payment. Residual and MF are 60% and 0.00219, respectively.

Is this a good deal?
  • knr5knr5 Member Posts: 85
    Infiniti is offering to pay the remaining 3 months of lease payments on my 2003 G35 6MT Sedan to get me to lease a new (2006) Infiniti. They are going to waive the security deposit also. In addition, they will cover upto $500 of excess wear and tear or excess mileage. The car is in very good condition and I am substantially below my allowed mileage -- so the $500 doesn't mean much to me.

If I prepay taxes along with my initial deposit covering the first month's payment, registration, fees etc., (approximately $2.2 k according to the dealer, which seems high since I do not put down a security deposit), the dealer tells me my monthly payment would be about $450. The MSRP of the car I would buy (according to Edmunds) is $35,750 (Invoice $32,704). Given the current money factor, and assuming I am willing to give the dealer about 1k over invoice, do you think the payment of $450 is reasonable? I feel it may be high (the last time around the mf was 0.00149 and it should be even lower now -- I know that currently Infiniti Financing offers interest rates of 1.95% upto three years). I would like a 36/39 month lease with 12k miles per year.

A related question is, do you think it is advisable to buy my current car at the end of the lease? It looks like the car will be worth 2-3k more than the 18.6k residual value projected in the lease. My concern is with the cost of extended warranty and the need to replace two sets of tires soon (summer and winter).

Look forward to what you have to say!
  • jshuler1jshuler1 Member Posts: 3
    Carman.......I need your help. Here's my current deal on the table for a G35 Coupe w/premium package. 36 months, 15K per year

MSRP - $35640
    Selling Price - $33,900
    Money Factor - .00217
    Residual - $20,200
    Monthly payment - $469 plus tax (no money down)

Does this sound fair?
    i'm not sure, but i believe carman would also need the length of the lease and number of allowed miles to assess the deal better.

• jshuler1jshuler1 Member Posts: 3
    Ooops......It's 15K per year.