Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Something tells me that ZERO down, only means ZERO cap cost reduction...

I'll guess that you'll have an acquisition fee, document fee, etc, etc, etc...

Even if ZERO down means $2000 upfront, those prices area insanely low for a coupe.. I'd be interested to see how it turns out...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ej1111ej1111 Member Posts: 48
    I agree, even with upfronts paid out of pocket on a Base car, all those numbers are excellent. Id love to see the purchase price and msrp on those
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    I read this and all the other Infiniti boards religiously (multiple times a DAY) as I've used the help of Car_man and many others to get incredible deals on my last TWO Infiniti's - a 2003 M45 and my current 2006 M35x. I hardly ever post though, as I usually do that around the time my leases are due, or I'm getting close.

I must say though - those lease numbers MUST be a mistake, or a ploy to get this guy into the dealership. Perhaps he is simply taking advantage since he is in NY and you are in PA.

Also, just wanted to thank Dennis for his wonderful posts and in-depth analysis of all the numbers and deals - great work there. Love reading your posts man ... been doing so for years.

That being said, the BEST lease deal I've seen in this area (PA, NJ, or DE) was similar to what Dennis was posting and it's usually around $500/mo (taxes included) on a decently equipped G35x (for 36-39 months, with no money down, MSRP of approximately $37k). Recently, Holman Infiniti of NJ posted a deal of $399/mo with ONLY $399 due at signing, but it was on the BASE G35 with an MSRP of around $32700 ... it was in area newspapers for the past 2 weeks.

So, I hate to say it - but there's no way those numbers in NY can be for real - if they are, I'm gettin one tomorrow, even before my lease on the M is up !!! Heck, I'll let my wife drive the G for THAT cheap!
    Even a base G37 coupe is pretty loaded, right?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• llmaurollmauro Member Posts: 10
    Here's my numbers I just got (in NH).
    G35x + Prem pkg., Nav., Splashgaurds and Trunknet:
    MSRP: $39,475
    Selling Price: $38,000
    MF: .00222 (experian credit score = 799)
    Res: 58% ($22,895.5)
    39mos/15K
    OOP: $1417
    $548/month (tax included--i live in VT)
    plus they are cutting me a check for $650 to pay off last 2 pymnts of current lease.

Is this a good deal??
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    You can probably do a little better than that. They are only discounting $1475 off of sticker, and the money factor should be lower - I think Dennis posted the latest ones. They're obviously inflating the money factor, or using an old one from last month! You should be around $500/mo with tax included. Look at Dennis' last chart ... Actually, based on his chart, for 36mo/15k you'd be at $437 before taxes!
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I posted the 36 month rates, I never get the 39 month rates normally. Way back IFS would often have the same residual and MF for 36 and 39 month leases- which made the 39 month leases real deals for most folks. Lately they have a lower residual and a higher MF - still a lower net payment, but not as super as they were in the past.

That said, I would doubt the 39 month tier 0/1 buy rate is as high as was posted in that deal - not when the 36 month x rate is 0.00149 . Surely "dealer rate inflation is going on :D .

Dennis
    thanks guys,
    what post # did dennis post the mf's??
  • soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    I agree with that MF dealer rate inflation.

I spoke again to the dealer asking what the MF for Tier 0/Tier 1 and she quoted me 5.2.
    When I asked for a quote on a G35J w/ prem + sport she used a general MF of 5.76.

Now that I'm "armed" with the latest MF's from Dennis, how should I bring to her attention that acutal MF's are around ~4%?

Can I strictly request ~4% since those are (somewhat) published rates?
    OK, called the dealer. Said MF of .00222 was tier 2 on a 39 mo/15K.
    Gave me new mf on tier 0/1 of .00149 36mo/15k.
    now the breakdown:
    39,475 MSRP
    38000 SP
    $525 / mo before taxes
    Due on Delivery:
    $500 Acquisition fee
    $249 Admin Fee
    $525 First Pymnt

Still no good??
    Very true! If those numbers above are acurate, i would certainly be headed to the dealer...i hope we hear back from the original poster with details.
    I would just ask them "It looks like you mark up the IFS lease money factors from the buy rate. Is this correct?". They normally will tell you yes if they do. They may or may not offer you the buy rate at this point, it just depends on the dealership.

I had a BMW dealer's F&I guy refuse to give me the buy rate or anything close to it on an M5 lease. "I will not make any money" he said - each department including finance has to turn a profit in some dealerships/companies, and his only profit source was marking up leases and loans. I went with a lease broker and a 3rd party lease so the dealership made nothing except the profit on the car. The lease broker sent them a cashier's check for the car and we left off the $500-600 "doc" fee since they just had to cash the check and hand me the keys. So not only did they lose on the lease money they didn't even make their normal doc fee. They should given me a nice MF on the car....

If your dealer just will not do it at the buy rate, then time to find a dealer that will (depending on the amount of mark up).

Dennis
    The bank fee is $595 and not the $500 you posted.

The biggest program is they are charging you too much for the car. Invoice on an x with an MSRP as you state is $36,069 and they are charging you $38,000 plus a $249 dealer fee. You want to be right around invoice to $500 over including the dealer fee for a nice deal. That $1,500 or so savings on the front end will drop your payments $42 per month plus interest plus tax every month.

Dennis
    error--the selling price is $37350
    dealer says "doc fee cannot be waived b/c the state of new hampshire can bring a discrimination suit against them" if they charged some and not others. Is that BS?
  • bballww21bballww21 Member Posts: 8
    hey guys,
    i just got close to a lease deal at my local dealer,
    G35x with P1 and Navigation
    selling price = around 36K (invoice)
    39mo/12K
    no down pay.
    upfront tax+ bank fee + Doc+inspection = 2591.76 total due at signing.
    $430/mo
    residual = 59%
    purchase option = $23291
    MF = 0.000173
    what do you guys think??
    do you think they gave me a good deal?

thanks,
    Wilson
  • psquaredpsquared Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the extra info yesterday Dennis. :surprise: Sounds like we have a trend going here in these last few posts. Times are tough and the deals are tight, but I still think they would prefer to move the cars. I'm scheduled to pick mine up in the morning. I know I'm qualified for the tier0/1 MF, if they dont offer it I'm walking out. We're within 3hrs of multiple other dealers and have a month before the current lease is up. I'll post the deal tomorrow if it all goes well.
    Invoice is $36,069 so you are still $1,281 over plus the doc fee - way too high for me.

They all say that about the fee "we can't waive it for you after making all those others pay it, or they could sue us to get their fee back". Who cares if they call it a fee or don't, just have them reduce the price of the car by that amount then add it back in. Simple.

You really want to be within $500 of the invoice on the car including this fee - if you have to pay more don't pay much more. Right now you are about $1k too high based on what others are saying.

Dennis
    Around invoice sounds good. The amount up front seems to high, but maybe in your state you have to pay all the taxes at signing? If you can get the car for near invoice including the doc fee, then the price is good. I don't have the buy rate for the 39 month lease on the x, the 36 month rate is a lot lower - so your rate may be jacked up a bit.

Dennis
    Darn the recession, full (lease) speed ahead :D !

I am doing my part to stimulate the economy, I leased two new cars in the last couple of weeks - it would have been 3 but the buy out on one of my current cars is too far above market value.

Like I said before, too many folks are swayed by what they hear. If folks talk about a recession and folks start to believe in a recession and quit spending money then - presto - we have a recession. If you are secure in your job and can afford it, now is a great time to lease. The "Chicken Littles" may be too scared to do anything, but that just motivates the car makers to cut the rates to move product.

If your dealer does not treat you right, don't waste any time arguing with them just tell them you know you qualify for the top rate and you will take your business to a dealership that will give it to you. Then leave - life is way to short to haggle/argue over this stuff - there are too many dealers around and some of them will lease you a car at the buy rate with little or nothing in added fees and no hassles.

Dennis
    hey, i got another question about leasing G35x.
    The salesman told me that he used $36K for the selling price when calculating my monthly payment. How do I know if he really used $36K instead of the MSRP which is around $39K? The RV is 58% and the purchase price option is $23291. I'm just kind of curious cuz he did the whole calculation thing inside his own office.

thanks,
    Wilson
    thanks so much dennis for your help and insight. I will try to do as you mentioned. I will be speaking with them again tomorrow and i'll post more after i talk with them. the problem is they are the closest infiniti dealer and 160 miles from home. So i dont have any other dealers to go buy. i really want this car but if the deal is no good, then i'll have to move on.
    thanks again
    hey wilson,
    that deal sure kicks the crap out of mine. i should go to your dealer. what state??
    thanks, larry
    Long Island.
    correction: RV is actually 59%
    dunno why i wasn't able to edit the previous post.

thanks,
    Wilson
  • randyjstarkrandyjstark Member Posts: 99
    Thank you all for your help so far. This forum has been VERY informative and I cannot thank you all enough. Let me start by showing you the link for the advertised G35 2008 $199 lease. Click Here

Apparently this promo is for "factory direct" dealers only. I have found such dealers in NY, Boston, and DC.

Today I have been working with a dealer in NYC regarding the lease of a G35 with the premium package. After looking into some various avenues of purchasing, I wanted to consult with everyone here on the forum (who are somewhat "experts") to see if what I am saying is practical and makes sense. This is my first "leased" car, so I am somewhat new to the terms and conditions, but I think I am understanding correctly (Thank you FINANCE351!)

Ok, so here is the deal I worked out so far with the dealer. I know I have been approved for a Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation lease, however I am not sure what "tier" I fall under. I know for a fact that I have good credit (was approved for an AMEX card in August), so I am pretty sure my score (when I checked it last time) is around 760+. In any event, asking for the tier/rate i qualified rate slipped my mind earlier today, as I was multitasking and trying not to be rude. I will find this out def. tomorrow morning.

The 199 lease option was for the BASE 2008 G35, adding the PREMIUM option would add $30 more to the lease agreement, making it $229/month. This rate is quoted based on $1995 down and excludes tax, tags and other fees. I have yet to find out what the "other fees" are, but I think that they may be destination fees, doc fees, title, and security deposit... I would assume these would need to be paid at time of delivery, but will find out for sure tomorrow morning. What types of fees can be associated with the lease that I may be forgetting about and what does infiniti/nissan normally charge? (Acquisition fee?)

Here is where the deal gets a little fuzzy for me. Being that I am a "SIGNATURE GRADUATE" according to Infiniti I automatically qualify for a Security Deposit waver on the lease of a new infiniti as well as tier 1 rates, granted I have been approved by Infiniti Financial Services -- Now a few questions...

Is IFS the same as the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation that I was already approved for? -- The infiniti dealer I am working with had me fill out the nissan forms but will this matter as far as being a "Signature Graduate" is concerned?

Is tier 1 the same as tier 0 as far as rates are concerned? If not, I am sure there is a way to talk them into tier 0, suggestions?? Also, with the current months rates as posted in the forum, would I be better off with a G35X with a MF of .00149 or the G35 journey with .00167 -- If I were to go with the G35X, the lease payment would hop up to $259/month + tax and fees + the 1995 down at signing, a whole $60 more expensive than the similarly equipped G35 (both with the premium package - nothing else.) In effect, the X is only 30 more a month for AWD, but given the lower MF, would the switch to the 35X be worth it?

I am actually looking into getting 2 G35's in my name, one in my name, the other as a joint lease with my brother - I would get the g35 automatic with premium (35X also considered depending on MF rates and what would work best), him the G35 6 speed with no extras. If I sign my lease agreement first for my car, and file jointly for his and title the car in both our names, would the second lease (on my brothers car) qualify for the "SIGNATURE GRADUATE" and the Infiniti "Loyalty" program such as the following found link here:

* LEASE LOYALTY PROGRAM:

AT INFINITI WE TAKE CAE OF OUR CUSTOMERS…

* SELECT INFINITI LEASE CUSTOMERS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A WAIVER FROM INFINITI FOR THEIR CURRENT LEASE FOR A COMBINED TOTAL OF $500 TO USE TOWARDS THE FOLLOWING…
    - EXCESS WEAR AND USE LIABILITY!
    - EXCESS MILEAGE FEES!
    * QUALIFYING CURRENT LEASE CUSTOMERS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH THE ABILITY TO LEASE THEIR NEXT INFINITI WITHOUT A SECURITY DEPOSIT.

* INFINITI WILL PROVIDE QUALIFYING CURRENT LEASE CUSTOMERS WITH A PRE-APPROVAL FOR THEIR NEXT LEASE.

* INFINITI DOES NOT CHARGE A DISPOSITION FEE AT THE END OF YOUR LEASE. SOME LEASING COMPANIES NOW CHARGE A $500 - $1,000 DISPOSITION FEE WHEN YOU TURN IN YOUR LEASE.

* INFINITI LEASES INCLUDE “NO CHARGE” GAP INSURANCE. THIS PROTECTS YOU FROM LOSS SHOULD THE VEHICLE BECOME A COMPLETE INSURANCE LOSS. MANY LEASING COMPANIES ARE CHARGING HUNDREDS EXTRA FOR GAP COVERAGE.

YOU MAY ELECT TO PURCHASE YOUR VEHICLE AT THE END OF YOUR LEASE FOR A $150 PURCHASE OPTION FEE.

78% OF PEOPLE WHO LEASE AN INFINITI RE-LEASE AN INFINITI! ONE OF THE HIGHEST RETENTION PERCENTAGES IN THE INDUSTRY!

Or, is it simply one or the other?

If it is simply one or the other, do you think that leasing 2 infinitis would encourage the dealer to either eliminate or knock off some of the document fees/titleing fees/ destination fees? If so, should I mention this FIRST before asking for the SIG STUDENT or CUST LOYALTY discounts? This way, the dealer cannot simply change their mind on the spot and charge the fees again if they think I am getting too good of a deal??

Also finally, with the SIG STUDENT program, there is no security deposit required, but I was VERY interested in doing Multiple Security Deposits (MSD's) to the MAXIMUM allowed, which would decrease my MF by .0001 for every extra deposit. Being that I wouldn't make the first deposit, how many "Extra" deposits can I make to lower my MF??

Obviously If I go the MSD route, I would not put the 1995 down payment on the car, only pay just the associated fees (hopefully some of the fees can be waved if leasing both vehicles.) How much leeway does the dealer have on these "fees"? (aquisition, doc, destination etc...) -- I know that some of them are just there to make the dealer money, but how much can I ask for if I would be walking off the lot in 2 leases?

What else should I find out from the dealer? I want to find out all of this information as well as the residual for the car, so I will obviously be on the phone for quite a while tomorrow. How should I start our conversation to lead me to the best rates as far as the lease is concerned? -

Heres what I am thinking:

1. start out by asking what "Tier" I fall into and the MF for each infiniti model at this rate (35X, journey, and BASE manual transmission)--- If I am not in a good tier I would then try talking them into the better tier, and most likely go with the option of the tier with the lowest MF, depending on the long run cost after using the lease calculator for the info.

Continued in next post.
  • randyjstarkrandyjstark Member Posts: 99
    2. After finding out this info, I would try to get the residual percentage at the end of the lease? (Does this let me know the percent value of the car at the end of the lease based on the MSRP?? - So, should I get the residual % or the MSRP and discounted cost of the car? I think this is used for end of lease buyout options??

3. Then tell the dealer about how I want 2 cars - have him find both and put down payments on each, asking him that if we go through with both cars, can you wave any of the associated fees for both of them or increase the lease miles from 10k to 12k a year, since I will be giving them good business and coming from out of town leasing two brand new cars off there lot. I can put pressure on them and say I can take delivery of both on Sunday.

4. When we agreed upon either the increase in mileage and/or the removal or discount of associated lease fees, I would then contact the finance manager(?) and talk to him regarding the STUDENT SIGNATURE program on the first car to make sure that I would have best tier rates and 0 security deposit on car1, g35 premium

5. Then I would talk about the second car, and how I may qualify for a "loyalty customer" - possibly combining the STUDENT SIG program with the CUST LOYALTY PROGRAMS, thus sweetentening the pot a little more on car2.

6. End by talking to finance manager about the .0001 rate reduction in the MF for multiple security deposits on EACH car, thus resulting in a better overall deal.

One thing to note** -- I would put $0 down, as to maximize the .0001 rate reduction for the multiple security deposits. As of this month, depending on the Tiers and MF per each model, I would choose my model on the lowest rate, then proceed to the following steps. Assuming this would all work, I think i can score an EXCELLENT deal on 2 g35's...

Hopefully I am making sense and not just babbling, I am extremely exhausted from the long day I had test driving and running around trying to find the"BEST" deal for this deal!

Please help me out as much as you all can, as I need a GOOD price because I am a soon to be college grad!

Randy
    Be sure to keep us posted!
  • blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    That being said, the BEST lease deal I've seen in this area (PA, NJ, or DE) was similar to what Dennis was posting and it's usually around $500/mo (taxes included) on a decently equipped G35x (for 36-39 months, with no money down, MSRP of approximately $37k).

The $500/mo is more in line with what I would anticipate for this car; numbers in the $250 - $300 range (even for a 24 month lease) don't seem realistic. I live in Arizona ... if I could get that G37 with ANY trim for $250 X 24 months I'd fly to NY to pick one up!!!!!!!!! It would even be a smokin' bargain if I had to ship it to Arizona.

I took delivery of my M35 Sport the first week of April 2005 ... one of the first delivered here and in short supply at the time ... and with an MSRP of $50,600 and $2,500 out the door my lease payment including all taxes is $550. Bart :shades:
    Deal is done, qualified tier0.Did catch them trying to add $895 in "paint and wheel insurance". Very satisfied though, after they reworked the lease twice. Here is my deal for comparison if you like;
    2008 G35xS
    Blue Slate/Graphite
    Premium
    Sport
    Splash/Net
    MSRP$38425
    Invoice$35164
    Purchase$35664
    RV$22671
    MF.00149
    36mo/15k
    $448/mo (before tax, figure for your state)
    $1197 @ signing (first payment,bank fee,doc fee and tax)
    This car is above and beyond my 05, unbelievable....
    Thanks again Dennis and all who post here, very helpful forum, couldn't have done it without ya....
  • joe_bassjoe_bass Member Posts: 15
    I have to back into my numbers to find true negotiated price, but my deal was pretty close to invoice. I had a trade that they matched Carmax price on, which would give me about $675 in trade equity. They adjusted the amount they gave me downward, but used a couple of other cars on the lot to reduce my sales tax. So it netted out to the agreed on price.

2008 Infiniti G35X w/ Prem, Nav, Tech, cargo net, splash guards, carpeted floor mats, wheel locks. Zero out of pocket, just my trade. Everything else rolled-in, including first month payment.

39 mo/ 15k/year - $516/mo

I am a very happy new G driver.
    Sweet! Congrats on the new G.

I plugged in your selling price, residual, and MF and got $447.84 for the payment w/o tax, so that matches. Was the doc fee much, I can't remember? $500 over invoice plus doc fee is pretty decent, but you got the exact car you wanted in colors and options.

I started out looking at G35 coupes last year, but after test driving the new G sedan and see how much nicer the interior and options are, I just had to have the newer design. As luck/fate would have it, I ended up having to wait until I could get a deal on G37. Man, I love my new coupe. The backup camera, voice command, "laser" cruise control, and the stereo is just killer. Not perfect, I wish they had not crippled the voice command and wish they didn't lock out so much of the system while moving. Example: I have loaded tons of songs in the music box (with lots of space left) but you can't search them up while moving, you have to stop. So I could listen to the same ripped CD over and over are stop and pick something else. Pretty dumb and hopefully someone will craft a "hack" to fix it. I would sign a waiver for Infiniti excusing them from blame if they would take all the safeguards off in my car :D

Anyway, the old Gs were nice cars but the new Gs are super cars....

Glad to help out, as the slogan goes over at Leasecompare.com "Saving money feels good".

Dennis.
    Congrats on the new G! You will love all the Nav/tech goodies, I am sure.

What colors did you get?

Dennis
  • joe_bassjoe_bass Member Posts: 15
    I'm having a blast learning all of the features. I almost talked myself out of getting the nav because of all the complaints I heard about it being dumbed down. Thanks for convincing me to go w/ it Dennis.

Just picked up all-weather floor mats, and the next purchase ....... Black 8gb ipod nano to match my Black Obsidian / Graphite Leather G.
  • alang4alang4 Member Posts: 40
    Psquared,

You live in NYC, I think you said? I'm leasing a similar car in about two weeks...which dealer did you go to?

Enjoy your new car!

Thanks!
    hi,
    I was at the dealer closing the lease deal for my g35x.
    They told me the 24mo lease has the exact monthly payment as the 39mo lease.
    and I told them I'll think about switching to the 24mo lease.
    any catch in this??

btw, I decided to put down $900 in down pay to lower the monthly payment to $400/mo, but if I switch to 24mo lease, I gotta calculate the whole thing again.

thanks,
    Wilson
  • mgt6103mgt6103 Member Posts: 10
    greetings carman and g35ers---

few questions on the infiniti advertised g35x w/ prem pkg lease (24 months, 12k miles/year, $359/mo, $3358 due at signing).

(1) is a dealer obligated to follow this advertised lease?
    (2) is this deal already at maximum discount for most dealers?
    (3) what is the implied "selling price" of this advertised deal?
    (4) can someone post the residual and money factors for this lease?
    (5) is the dealer getting factory support (i.e. cash) to support this lease?

Thanks in advance. Been a long time since I've posted...
    I was at the dealer closing the lease deal for my g35x.
    They told me the 24mo lease has the exact monthly payment as the 39mo lease.

I have nothing upon which to base my opinion other than a statement by the salesman who leased my M35 to me three years ago ... that a 24 month lease would be significantly LESS than the 36 - 39 month lease.

Can someone please run me through the "math" applying purchase price to residual to MF so I can crunch the numbers when I negotiate my next lease?

Thanks.

Bart :shades:
    any catch in this??

If you run the numbers and it comes about the same, or nearly so, then there should be not catch.

The only thing is you are going to love the car and will have to give it up a lot sooner if you do the shorter lease. As others have found, when the cheap, short lease was up the rates to lease a new G may be a lot higher.

Dennis
    (Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
    (Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Money Factor = Interest
    Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment

Dennis
    Per Tarry at www.leasecompare.com

2008 Infiniti G35 Base Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 70% of MSRP – .00144 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00167 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00207 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00208 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00144 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00167 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00207 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 37% of MSRP – .00208 Base Rate
    2008 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 67% of MSRP – .00144 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00167 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 47% of MSRP – .00207 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 36% of MSRP – .00208 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G35 X Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 69% of MSRP – .00123 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00149 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00201 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00211 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 73% of MSRP – .00200 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00192 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 58% of MSRP – .00214 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00214 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G37 Journey Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 71% of MSRP – .00200 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00192 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00214 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00214 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti G37 Sport Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 73% of MSRP – .00200 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00192 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00214 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00214 Base Rate

These are for 15k mile per year leases, IIRC you add 1% to the residual for 12k miles per year and 2% for 10k mile per year leases (10k miles not available with 24 month leases).

The MFs shown are the "Buy rate" for tier 0/1 IFS lessees, but the dealer does not have to offer you the buy rate (even if you qualify) - they can mark it up. The residuals can't be changed by the dealer.

Dennis
    I'm very happy with my deal, they did charge a $150 doc fee. One might also consider convenience factor at the local dealer. I'm sure the same deal is out there with no doc fee but I have already spent enough time on this, 4 of the 5 next closest dealers are 2.5-3 hrs away, gas/time isnt cheap.I dont think these rates are going to stick around for long either, this car is $38/mo less than with the January MF. Gut instinct said do it now, we'll see next month (haha).

alang4, sorry, I'm in Indianapolis.

Finding myself making excuses all day today to go drive the car, too much fun..... :)
    You should be happy with that deal.. Great job!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I agree, your time and trouble are worth a lot and you just have to be willing to say "this is a good deal" and sign at some point :D . If you try to get every nickel out of every deal and try to match what someone posts from some other area of the country, you will just drive yourself nuts and never get to drive a new G.

There seems to always be someone who got a better deal, no matter how good you work it for yourself. The key is just not doing a BAD deal and leaving a lot of money on the table. It bugged me that IFS dropped the rate on the car I just leased last month. *IF* I could have talked the dealer into hanging onto it for me and *IF* I knew for sure the rates would be better in Feb then I could have saved a little coin each month. With my luck, someone else would have taken the car (happened to me last year) or the rates would have gone up. So it bugged me for a bit, but I am over it now and still love the car.

Enjoy your new G!

Dennis
    24 month VS 36 month:

I took the G35x numbers I had in my spreadsheet for a 36/45k lease for an x with MSRP of $38,425 and a selling price of $35,664 (59%, 0.00149) and compared them against the 24/30k lease (69%, 0.00123) and the payments work out to $448.84 for 36 and $457.76. So on this example and I would assume for all x models the 24 month deal is really close to the 36 month deal.

I have done a 24 month lease and it really seemed to short to me, but if you like getting a new car REAL often and can stay under miles that is not a bad option. IFS did some cheap 24 month coupe leases before the G37 came out, the idea was to help move out the old style coupes and have the lessees come back in just 24 months to have to get a new deal - when they would not find as good a deal. Who knows what the future holds? You could find a better deal in 24 months or worse deals, you just don't know. It just seems like by the time I get the car broken in properly, get my V1, cell phone, and stuff hard wired in, it was no time before the lease was done :D .

I posted all the numbers, so run them for yourself on the model and trim line you want and see how the 24 month deal stacks up for you.

Dennis
  • emmissemmiss Member Posts: 16
    Wow. I jsut called Infiniti of Manhattan and the deal sounds legit. I have them faxing over the offer now with the details.

So far, this is what I know.

G35 Sedan Journey with Premium, Nav and 18 tire package.
    $0 down
    $337/mo ==> 24 month lease
    $357/mo ==> 39 month lease

This is NOT with IFS. It is through Hann Financial. Does anyone know if this is a reputable financial firm? I am mostly concerned with end of term requirements all that goes along with that.

http://www.hannfinancial.com/

Thanks in advance.
    If I plug in the MSRP $34,965.00, invoice $32,212.00 and the MF and residual for the base G37 I get $380.25 per month for 24 months for the coupe if leased at invoice and you paid the $595 bank fee and all other fees and taxes at signing.

In order to get the $309 payment shown, you would have to price the coupe at $1,630 under invoice and pay the fees, taxes, etc at signing. Edmunds shows no special incentives for NYC compared to the rest of the country, so I don't see how they can lease that car at that price.

Dennis
    Never heard of them, but that does not mean much. For them to be able to beat IFS by that much is hard to believe. Let us know the MF and residual they put on the car. The current IFS numbers are below most 3rd party banks MFs and way above them on the residual - so Hann must be seriously blowing up the residual or really cutting the MF.

Things to look out for with 3rd party lease deals:

1) Higher than normal bank/acquisition fees. They could be $795 or $895 rather than the $595 most captive lease banks use these days.

2) Lease turn in fees - they may charge $300-500 or more to you to turn in the car, this is normally free with captives.

3) "Purchase option fee" if you decide to buy the car at lease end they charge you an extra few hundred to buy it. Some captives now charge this as well, but watch the amount here.

4) No GAP coverage included. Most 3rd party banks may not include GAP coverage as the captives do, They may want to charge extra for it or you have have to see if your insurance can provide this for you. No GAP means in the event of a total loss YOU owe for the difference between what the lease bank SAYS the car is worth and what your INSURANCE thinks it is worth. This means you could be without the car and owe a bunch of money to the lease bank.

5) Stricter rules on wear and tear and no "forgiveness" for minor dings and tears that you get with a captive lease bank.

6) Make sure it is closed end lease - if at the end the car is not worth the residual on a closed in lease "too bad" for the lease bank. On an open end lease "too bad" for you.

7) Read the lease contract carefully, I could have missed something.

I have done 3rd party leases before and did not have any problems, but they can be not as "friendly" as a captive deal.

Dennis
    Please post back with some additional details!! :)
  • emmissemmiss Member Posts: 16
    Still waiting on the fax. It was close to the end of their Sunday business day so it will probably come tomorrow. Will post the info as soon as it comes in.
    G35 Sedan Journey with Premium, Nav and 18 tire package.
    $0 down
    $337/mo ==> 24 month lease
    $357/mo ==> 39 month lease

With $0 down that $337 for 24 months is a killer of a deal. Add sales tax you're still in the $360 ballpark. I believe it was Dennis who commented that the lower 24 month rates were for the G35 ... to get you back sooner for the next car. As someone on this thread formerly commented, I like a new car every couple of years and if it costs me a FEW bucks more/month it's worth it.

Bart :shades: