Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• dbitfdbitf Member Posts: 3
    Same car without nav & tech is $370 on infiniti website, dealer should be able to beat that too. So the premimum for nav & tech sounds a bit steep to me.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    apples and cucumbers. The web site deal includes a $2650 cap cost reduction and does not include taxes, registration and doc fees.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • nycdudenycdude Member Posts: 33
    I tend to agree with you. I was just checking the website offer and it's 10k miles w/ the 2650 cap cost, and does not include sales tax. Although my arithmetic has always been weak, to me the deal I'm offered comes out to only about $18 more per month for the nav + tech ($700 over the lease term). I am still not sure if it's the "best" I could do, but I don't see the web deal as any better. I do appreciate whatever input I can get. These decisions can leave a person feeling inadequate to the task. Does anyone have any thoughts on the purchase price?
  • silverinfinitisilverinfiniti Member Posts: 3
    g35x sedan with premium package
    price 32,998
    $2,500 due at signing
    $368/month
    36 month lease
    10k miles/year
    thanks
    Does anyone know whether IFS instituted the rumored $400 turn-in fee for leases commencing after 1/1/09?
  • dbitfdbitf Member Posts: 3
    Just my 2 cents worth. I didn't see your zero down. The web offer is $3K down (which explains the cap reduction). Enjoy the car. Only $18 over web deal for the upgrades sounds good to me.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, drjustin. The first month's payment is always due at signing on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    No problem, masiisam. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks excellent. The money factor that the dealer used to calculate your payment is right in line with Infiniti Financial Services' December buy rate for this model. This looks like an excellent deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello trinbago1. Since you are unfamiliar with how leases work, I suggest that you check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using the model's buy rate lease money factor. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You never mentioned what this car's MSRP or selling price are, so it is difficult to tel how much of a dealer discount you are being given on it. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly share their thoughts on this deal with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nycdude. Yes, Infiniti Financial Services definitely did introduce a disposition aka termination fee on leases a month or so ago. I don't recall the exact amount of the charge, but $400 sounds about right. These fees annoy me to no end. I'm going to have to pay one on a lease that I have expiring next month.

Car_man
    Host
  • zuki1zuki1 Member Posts: 3
    Input please, might be closing deal this Saturday. I need a automobile, my current lease ends in a week and a half.

G35x
    Premium
    Nav
    Sport
    Splash Guards
    Trunk Mat

MSRP 42,425
    Selling Price Negotiated 39,400
    39 month lease 12miles/yr
    $1000 out of pocket, includes all fees.....
    612/month including taxes.....
  • dehancdehanc Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering if anyone knows the Jan MF and residuals for the 08 G sedan and the 09 G sedan. 36 or 39 month, 12k/yr. Thanks in advance!
  • goparajugoparaju Member Posts: 3
    Hi Speedy_Petey,

Thank you for the information. You definitely got a better deal than what I have on. Could you please tell me how much was teh money factor and residual in your case.

Hi car_man,

Can you tell us the lease numbers for Jan month for 2009 G37x coupe 39 months lease for 10K miles.

Thanks
  • sberk224sberk224 Member Posts: 1
    hey everyone, so im trying to lease a g37 coupe S type. price of the car is like 44 and change dropping down to about 41 and change.. with 500 dollars out of pocket in a TIER 3 approval im getting a $800 payment. I refused this thinking i can get better.. anyone have any idea's ?

thanks guys
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Sure you can! For $800 /month you can get an M3 coupe.
  • zuki1zuki1 Member Posts: 3
    I meant to say a 2009 G37 Sedan......
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    "Sure you can! For $800 /month you can get an M3 coupe"

But it is tier 3 financing and it is not clear if it is a lease or a purchase (there is no annual mileage and term discussed in the original post)..
  • chefadam1chefadam1 Member Posts: 4
    Here is what I have so far:

I am in Lomg Island NY.

G35x 2008 w/Premium Package

MSRP $37,865
    Inv $34,608
    39 months
    25K MILES Per Year!!
    Money Factor .690
    Bank Fee, first payment $1254.95
    They are taking off the Bank Fee of $500.00
    Residual is $15,790

Monthly Payment is $553.01

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

AW
    g35x sedan with premium package
    price 32,998
    $2,500 due at signing
    $368/month
    36 month lease
    10k miles/year

my prior lease was a 2006 g25x $435/month 10k miles for a 24 month lease with nothing due at signing.
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    Car_man,

I'm curious to get an idea of Infiniti Financial Services January leasing terms on a 2009 G37x sedan. I'm not sure if the options affect the leasing terms but I'd be getting it with the premium pkg, navigation pkg, technology pkg, sport pkg and aerodynamic pkg.

Could you please provide me the residual percentage and the money factor for the following lease lengths/mileage.

1) 36 month, 10K miles/year
    2) 39 month, 10K miles/year
    3) 36 month, 12K miles/year
    4) 39 month, 12K miles/year

I'm also currently leasing a M45 sport from IFS so I'm curious if there's any promotions for returning customers. My lease isn't up until the end of February but I would like to get an idea of what the cost will be.

For those of you who are considering putting money down (i.e. cap cost reduction) including paying the taxes up front on a lease, I don't think it's a good idea and Car_man might agree with me. Yes, it reduces your monthly payment but if your car is totalled or stolen the day after you walk off the lot, your insurance company will not pay you the money back. The leasing company owns the car not you, so your insurance company will pay off the balance owed on the car to the leasing company. If you bought the car, the check from the insurance company would be made out to you and you'd have to pay off any loan on the car.

Thanks.

Sam
  • tini43tini43 Member Posts: 5
    Best I've heard, at least since Jan 5. I paid 416 a month with 1659 down incl. 1st month payment and about 33900 for the car 10 K, 39 month G35X 2008
  • leepoffaithleepoffaith Member Posts: 38
    So I'm thinking of leasing an 08 G35 Journey Sedan with Premium Package. I've looked through the forum and don't see lease numbers on this model. Could someone provide me with the residual and money factor for this car for a 15k 24,36 and 39 month lease?

Another question I have is are you allowed to negotiate with the maketing support that the dealers get from the manufacturer that is listed on edmunds? Right now there is a 3000 marketing incentive and a 1000 marketing incentive. If I ask for 3 grand off of invoice, is that too aggressive or do you think that is reasonable?

The MSRP of the car I'm looking at is 36015 with an invoice of 33046. I'm thinking of trying to get the lease sell price for $30000. I personally think it's reasonable for an 08 car, but I want your opinons. Thanks! :)
    Been answered dozens of times, the $3000 cash to dealer is not available with a IFS lease. You should be able to get around $1000 below invoice with the $1000 cash to dealer that is available with a lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Thanks King! I really did read the forum quite a bit, but sometimes it hard to find the information you are looking for.

Here is another question, Don't you think with the 2008 G35 model still on their lot, they are going to want to go even below their invoice price + the 1000 rebate? I'm going to visit some dealerships today and don't want to sound like an [non-permissible content removed] with my negotiations, but the way that I see it is they are getting rid of a model that is already a year old and is costing them lot space and up keep.
    SO, I just heard back from a dealer on the residual and money factor on an 08 G35 Journey for 39 months 15k. Take a look below. I think the money factor is great, but the residual is crap. Did it drop another 4% since the last few posts?

Residual - 48%
    Money Factor - .00035

Anyone else hear about this? This pretty much ruins any deal I was going to be able to make.
    Those numbers may be right. I just closed on a lease earlier this week. G35x sedan w/ premium, nav, tech. Money factor was .00069 and residual 52% (10k miles). At 15k miles, 48% might be the right residual. But the money factor sounds pretty good.
    Worst way to buy a car is to visit a couple of dealerships. You need to do it the 21st century way, via email. The last three cars I have leased all negotiations were done via email. Once I had the best deal I went in and signed papers.

Go to the dealers web sites in your area and request a quote to start.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I did email a bunch of dealers, but their numbers aren't quite where I need them to be. I personally feel they don't put their rock bottom price in emails. If you are sitting down, ready to sign papers that instant, they are more willing to give you a better deal then if you are writing them a quick email. I do the email first, but then go in for the best deal. :) Here is what I'm looking for.

08 G35 Sedan Journey With Premium

MSRP - $36015
    Cap Cost- $31026
    Down Payment - $1700 (All Fees, plus first month)
    Monthly Payment - $395.59
    Term - 39 Months
    Mileage - 15k per year

I think it will be a rough sell, but we'll see if I can do it. I'm sure dealers want to get rid of these 08's pretty badly now a days.
    MSRP will be 36,230 because I don't know of a G that doesn't come with the splash guards and cargo net.

Invoice $33,207. You are looking for ~$2100 under invoice. There is $1000 dealer cash available. If you are a current Infiniti customer there is another $500 lease loyalty. It might be pretty tough to get where you want to be.

Email your offer to the dealers and see what they counter with.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Right, I counted the 1000 rebate in there, so now we are down to 32000ish. They need to go under by 1000. I don't drive an infiniti now, so that is out too. I know it's a rough sell, but when they have a very willing customer sitting at their desk ready to sign the papers today, we'll see how they do. I've done what i've thought to be impossible deals before. It takes personality, patience and persistance. I don't need a car by any means, so if they don't hit my number, I walk. 9 times out of 10 they come after me or stop me when I stand up.
  • cubanatocubanato Member Posts: 7
    Where can I negotiate on this offer I just received via phone ???

All info given to me by salesman
    MSRP $40,180
    Sale Price $35,800

MF .000410
    Residual 50%

08 G35x with premium and nav
    15k a year
    36 months
    $0 down

$452.34 a month
    Well, first I just leased a car on Friday and my money factor was .00035 so that is one area to talk about. The Selling price is pretty good so there isn't much you can negotiate there.

My only question is on the 0 down. Is that 0 cap cost reduction, but you still have to pay first month, title, registration, dealer fee and acquisition fees? By the monthly payment amount that is what it looks like to me. So you still have to bring about 1700 to closing for all the fees. Seems like a pretty good deal to me though.
  • cubanatocubanato Member Posts: 7
    That was the first offer he gave me with no negotiation.
    He also said he has a couple sports in stock as well for about $10 more a month
    I think I might go with the sport but wanted to get the monthly a little cheaper
    I also figured that it was weird he said 0 down but the payment calculation did not work out correctly
    How low of a monthly do u think I can get here?
  • sidshawsidshaw Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

This forum has helped me understand a lot. Below are the details of my current deal. I am hoping some of you can review this and give me some feedback.

Car: 2008 G37 Sport Coupe with Premuim Package.
    MSRP: $41,830.00
    Invoice: $37073.00

My price (after VPP discount): $37,509.00

Lease Details:
    Term: 36 months
    MF: 0.002270
    RES: 56
    Miles: 15,000
    $0 down (just 1st month payment)
    Monthly payment: $523

Your feedback will be greatly appretiated.

Thanks!
    - Sid
    Hi dehanc. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 G35 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00005 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00035 and 49%.

If you were to lease a base 2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan through IFS right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00258 and 58%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00277 and 59%. This car's money factors are slightly lower in the Eastern U.S.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, goparaju. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a base 2009 G37 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00279 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Sam. Here is the information that you're interested in. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 G37x Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00259 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00263 and 57%. If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher. Infiniti's lease program in its Eastern region are slightly lower than they are in the rest of the country (the ones that I just posted).

Infiniti is currently providing a $500 loyalty cash incentive to current IFS lessees who lease a new '09 G37 Sedan.

I completely agree with your thoughts on making down payments on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi leepoffaith. According to the latest information that I have seen, Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G35 Journey Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00005 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00035 and 48%. Don't even bother looking at a 24 month lease. Infiniti is not providing support on two year leases right now, meaning that a two year lease of any Infiniti will be off the wall expensive.

The $1,000 bonus cash incentive that Infiniti is currently providing on the '08 G35 Sedan is compatible with its special lease program, but the $3,000 dealer cash that is available on this car is not.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Sid. I have a feeling that you can do better than $500 over dealer invoice on this car on your own. The $3,000 dealer cash that is available on this model right now is not compatible with its special lease program, but there is $500 bonus cash and some $500 dealer cash certificates floating around out there which are. If I was in the market for an '08 G35 Sedan, I personally would want to get it for at least $500 under dealer invoice.

Also, the money factor that you were quoted for this car is way too high. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 G37 Sport Coupe is only .00148 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If your credit is in good shape, the dealer is likely attempting to mark your car's money factor up in an effort to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal. Make sure to insist that they use the buy rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    Thanks Car_man. So how much above invoice price do you think I should pay for a loaded 2009 G37x? I used edmunds.com to price out a loaded G37x and it was $45K retail price, $41.1K invoice price and $41.9K TMV price which basically means that they're saying I can expect to pay about $800 above invoice price. Does that sound right to you or do you think I can do better?
    do you have the money factor and residual value numbers for a 2008 g35x sedan 10k miles per year 36 month lease? thanks very much.
  • sidshawsidshaw Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    I did not quite understand your last statement:
    >>Make sure to insist that they use the buy rate to calculate your monthly payment.

What is the buy rate in my case? Is it $37,509

Also, can NAV be added to a car that does not already have one and how much more should this cost? The car i'm looking at is 2008 G37 Sport Coupe with Premium package.

Thanks,
    - Sid
  • PursuitofGPursuitofG Member Posts: 1
    I have been actively monitoring this thread for several months now. Thanks for all the great information. I would think due to the decline in sales and current economic conditions the offers would be more enticing :(

Is it me or Nissan/Infiniti are not aggressively trying to sell?
  • ronbarsronbars Member Posts: 11
    I am negotiating a lease for a 2008 G35 sedan. Does anyone know if the $3000 manufacturer to dealer cash (marketing support) can be used on leases? My salesman says it cannot be (and cannot be used with special low-rate IFS financing), but the $1000 sell down bonus cash CAN be. I am currently at $1000 under invoice.

Thanks!
  • dae928dae928 Member Posts: 22
    I had received quotes back in December for 2008 G35X, I decided not to act. Any idea how long Infiniti will continue leasing 2008's? I know the deal has changed from what I received. But from what I remember I was looking at MSRP 38,080, and selling price was at Invoice, so monthly payments for 39months, 12k/year, were $499 including Illinois taxes. I had to pay $1700 at signing. I think I can do better than this right now, any thoughts? I know the residual has changed, but so has the money factor.
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    What carman means is the money factor. 37509 is your sale price/cap cost.
    You are essentially paying $500 over invoice, which is way too much for 08 models. You should be able to hit below invoice pricing. Dealers like VPP pricing because they get "credit" for a VPP sale, not to mention the higher sale price. Some dealers where giving near invoice or slightly below invoice pricing last year on the 08 G37s, I don't see why they can't do it this month since it is 2009 now.
    Been asked and answered dozens of times, in fact it was answered only 11 posts ago. The answer is NO
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    A question for either Car_Man, or anyone else who knows.

In the most recent Infiniti and Rebates section it states:

Restrictions: $6000 Dealer cash may not be combined with 0.0% APR - 0.9 % APR and vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company.

What, exactly, is a captive finance company? It seems this isn't the IFS, but an internal dealership favored company. The inference being that the customer must finance the purchase through the dealer selected company at whatever rate the dealer/company imposes, to get the rebate.

Is this correct??? Thanks in advance.
    The captive finance company is IFS.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • keithlkeithl Member Posts: 106
    What has $6K incentives? G35?? Where did you see that I only see $3K and an additional $1K.