Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out dolphin5. Infiniti Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 G37X Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00009 and 69% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00044 and 59%.

The numbers for the 2013 G37x Sedan are .00010 / 69% and .00023 / 59%, respectively.

There is currently a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of the Coupe and $750 on the Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hopleafhopleaf Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the great info!
  • koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    I see Cerritos Infiniti has the above offer...when reading fine print it does indicate 1st payment, bank fee, title, reg due at signing....so not exactly 0 down. This is for 12k ann miles. Says MSRP $40495. Also indicates $20 more per month for navigation.

Not a bad offer. With the upcoming Q50 coming soon I believe there should be some aggressive lease offers going forward....what do you all think?
  • johnl617johnl617 Member Posts: 24
    I just got this offer from my dealer today, need to find out the factors and residuals before I do anything though.

36 month lease on a 2013 G37X Sedan with Premium, Navigation, Splash and Door Sills with NO down payment except for first month's payment.

10K - $382+ tax
    12K - $369 + tax

He said since I owned a g35 coupe, i get a loyalty incentive which was 1000, I wonder if I can lump that in with that 750 incentive for sedan leases..... I also have a feeling he is not using the invoice pricing but rather the average selling price of the car. Think I can do better? Im going in on Sunday to check it out.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,563
    How much due at signing?

Also, I think you have the 10K-12K numbers switched... more miles should equal a higher payment..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• adpin277adpin277 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

I would appreciate information on residual value and money factor for 2013 G37 Coupe with 12000 miles, 39 months and 24 months respectively. Are any rebates being offered? Will these factors other than pricing be affected by packages such Premium, Navigation and Sport? Please advise

Thank you,

AP
  • cwo714cwo714 Member Posts: 3
    Being quoted by an Orange County dealership on a 24 month lease, 12K miles, no money down for a G37X sedan at a money factor of .00010, 70% residual on $40,845. Selling price, the guy said, was about $37,000 and he said the payment was $370 per month (plus tax I assume).

Does this sound right or should I be doing better? Thanks for feedback.
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    Hi, Carman. Can you please tell me what the January lease program numbers are in New York for a 2013 G37x with premium, navigation and sport package for 15k miles per year at 24 and 36 months. Please provide money factor and residual percentages for both. Also, please let me know if there are any dealer or customer cash incentives, including loyalty. Your insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your quick response.
  • johnl617johnl617 Member Posts: 24
    Oops, they are switched. The only thing due at signing is first months payment which is either one of those numbers plus tax.
  • emargulemargul Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone please advise me for the numbers I should be looking for if I am in the market for a 2013 G37S coupe (6 speed manual) in the NY/NJ area.

I went to a dealer yesterday and they offered me 459 a month for 24 months/10k w/ taxes and fees down. I do not remember the selling price of the car but I know the MSRP sticker on it was 46k and change.

Also, does anyone think it is a good idea to wait for president's day as oppose to trying to get the car now?

Thank you in advance!
    You're very welcome hopleaf.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for adpin277. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 G37 Coupe Journey with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 67% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00045 and 56%.

The money factors for the Sport are the same, but the residual values are 1% higher.

Infiniti is providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this car plus another grand for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hbo1ny. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 G37 Sedan X with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 67% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00015 and 57%.

There is a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car plus another thousand for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    Did I read that right Carman or is that a typo on the money factor for 24 months? Is it .00001 or .00010? Thanks for clarifying.
  • mrtommyquachmrtommyquach Member Posts: 2
    Hey there Car Man,

I hope you are having a great new year! I am so happy that I have found this forum. I am looking to close a deal on a G37 Coupe for my brother tomorrow and would love to help to get him a great deal on a 24 month lease.

This is what I have so far. He is looking a 2013 G37 Journey Premium with Navigation and a few other options. He is looking to do a 24 month lease with 10k miles a year. M.S.R.P. on this car is $46,295.

A dealer down here in Orange County has quoted me over the phone with $3500 cash down for a payment of $360 with tax and title included. Sales tax here is 8%. We have not yet discussed the money factor or the residual value yet. How does this deal sound to you?

We will be visiting the dealer tomorrow and I have a few questions for you. I would appreciate any help we could get.

1.) What should I be able to negotiate the price down to in relation to invoice?
    2.) I do get the $1250 dealer cash back?
    3.) From what I read above, should the money factor be .00001? Residual value 67%?
    4.) Do I have to pay the full $700 Acquisition fee?
    5.) Is down payment required?
    6.) He is also eyeing the G37S, are those getting discounted as aggressively? From above the residual is only 1% more is that right?

Any help would be much appreciated and I thank you again in advance!
  • whompwhomp Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    Just a friendly warning to my fellow shoppers... I've bought well over 20 cars, and leased 6. I now have a 2010 G37 and in trying to exit the lease early by selling to a private party, If you want to exit the lease early, IFS forces you to sell the car through their dealerships, which adds an additional $650 to the cost of sale.

The is completely unnecessary. I've exited leases early with Honda, BMW, and Acura, and never had this type of restriction or added cost. I won't ever consider an Infiniti lease again because they are so restrictive.
  • mrtommyquachmrtommyquach Member Posts: 2
    Hey there Whomp,

That may be because the Lease Specials on the Infiniti is so dang good. They are comparable to a Honda Accord I am sure.

This is the deal I was able to close for my Brother in law today.

2013 Infiniti G37S Coupe Premium with Navigation, Side Kick Plates, Trunk mat/nets, and throw in splash guards for a payment of $375 including tax with $3500 cash down.

I believe it was about $5500 off MSRP or so. Which was about $400 under invoice + the $1250 cash back.

Money Factor was .00001 and 69% residual

Thanks Car Man!
  • whompwhomp Member Posts: 5
    I think it's probably more about trying to "protect" the value of the asset, ensuring at least the dealer makes some more money and IFS can get a shot at a new loan, while all of them benefit if they can sell an extended warranty. I completely understand how it makes sense to the business.

I also think it's a great service as an OPTION, but to make it mandatory is just too restrictive for my taste.

Congrats on your car.

And Car Man does Rock! Car Man, why doesn't Edmunds link to the forums from the home page anymore?
  • larrymlarrym Member Posts: 21
    Can I have the lease information on the G37X sedan for 10K miles and 39 months?

I've already got a G37S convertible for the wife so I don't need another one of those :blush:
    Hi hbo1ny. what you read is indeed correct. The money factor for a 2-year lease of this car is nearly 0%, .00001.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome mrtommyquach. Thanks for the kind words.

Let me begin by saying that $3,500 is too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers to put as little down as possible when leasing. The main reason that I do so is that if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during your term, it is very likely that any down payment that you made will disappear. It's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

I don't know what this car's lease payment should be off of the top of my head, but if you were able to provide me with its selling price I could give you a more thorough analysis of this deal. the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

If I was in the market for a 2013 G37 Coupe (beautiful car BTW) in your area, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over invoice minus the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

The money factor and residual value that you mentioned are correct.

Infiniti Financial Services charges a $700 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this charge at lease signing or add it into the capitalized cost to make it part of your payment.

I don't see why the Sport model would be discounted at any greater rate than the Journey. You're correct, for a 24-month lease the money factor is the same but the residual is 1% higher for the Sport.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go larrym. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 G37X Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00022 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • myquicktypesmyquicktypes Member Posts: 4
    Im in New Jersey looking to lease a G37 sedan. What are se lease deals available right now? I also have a n Acura TL 06 w 90,000 miles. I owe 11,500 on. Excellent condition 10/10. Acura warranty to 100,000. Any chance I can give them my car and sign a lease with nothing out of pocket with trading them in my car? What would me lease payments be approximately? 12k per year? 24 36 or 39 months. Does not matter. Thanks guys!!
  • larrymlarrym Member Posts: 21
    Thats a bit of a loaded question.

First thing I would do is decide how much you want for your vehicle.

Then pick out your new vehicle and what term lease you want. Thwn ask. CARMAN what the financial rates are and decide your buying price. Calculate everything in a lease calculator and call it a day
    Im looking for a lease on a G37 sedan. No navigation. Just a base G37 sedan. I was wondering if in your experience with infiniti will I get a better lease rate with going with a 24 month lease or a 36/39? Also if my car is currently worth 11,500 for a dealer trade in value and the retail value at a dealer is 15,500 what is a reasonable price to ask the dealership for to cover my down payment?Somewhere in the middle? Maybe 13,500 that way I can put 2 k down?
    Basically whats the best thing for me to do? How much down and what will my payment be looking like with trading in my TL?
  • hasha100hasha100 Member Posts: 12
    Hey CarMan,

I'm looking to lease a 2013 G37 AWD sedan with the premium and navigation package from a dealer in northern New Jersey. The MSRP on the car is $44,000. I would prefer not to pay a large down payment. What do you think is the best deal I could get on a 36 month lease for 15k miles per year assuming I have great credit? Do you think there would be a big difference if I decided to lease now versus at the end of March 2013? Thanks in advance.
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    If you are thinking of leasing a G37, realize the replacement called the Q50, is on the way in a couple months. Looks a lot nicer than the current car which has one of the lowest grade interiors I have seen in a "luxury" car. Hopefully they refined the thrashiness of the 3.7 engine as well.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2013/01/this-is-all-new-infiniti-q50-sports.html
    Hi myquicktypes. Generally speaking, 36- to 39-month leases will be have lower monthly payments than 24-month leases will. This is because new vehicles experience their most rapid rate of depreciation during the first year of ownership. Longer leases have a larger number of payments to spread this large initial depreciation hit out over. There are some exceptions to this rule, when an automaker is providing a ton of support on 2-year leases to push them for some reason, but I don't think that is the case with Infiniti right now.

You really shouldn't make any sort of down payment when leasing. Even if you have equity in your trade, have the dealer cut you a check for the money rather than using the proceeds as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. Try to get as much for your trade as you can.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey myquicktypes. Shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible on the car that you're interested in, minus the $750 dealer cash incentive that Infiniti is providing on leases of this car right now. You can look up the dealer invoice price of this car over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you arrive at a selling price that you're comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate for a 36-month lease of a 2013 G37 Sedan Journey is .00024. The number for a 39-month leases is slightly higher at .00030.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello hasha100. You're smart to not want to make a large down payment on your lease. Consumers are allowed lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. All you have to pay at lease signing is your car's first month's payment, IFS' $700 acquisition fee and any required state taxes or fees. Many of those charges can be rolled into your car's capitalized cost and in turn payment if you want.

Its difficult to say what Infiniti's March lease program will be like compared to what its current program is like. I can tell you that the March program in 2012 was slightly worse than the January program was. That may or may not be the case this year.

Car_man
    Host
    What kind of monthly payment do you think I will be looking at if I don't put down a down payment? The MSRP is $44,000 and I want a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year? Thanks.
  • leadfoot1202leadfoot1202 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man,

Wow, .00001, sounds like they're looking to get rid of their remaining inventory before the Q50 arrives.

So you said a 2 year lease of a G37x with 15k/year would have a residual of 67%.. what about a 2 year lease with 10k/year? Also I noticed the original thread says "Lease Program New York", would these same figures apply in NJ?

Thanks in advance!
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Well after 6 years as the GSM of Sewell Infiniti of Dallas (finishing in the Top 3 in the Nation in sales all 6 years)...I've accepted a job as the GM of Sewell Cadillac in Grapevine. I'll be moving over to the Cadillac Forums to offer advice moving forward. It has been fun reading and writing (and sometimes debating) you guys on this forum I'm sure my replacement will continue to monitor and give advice on the Infiniti side. Feel free to email me on any questions you may have. :cry:
  • amsenamsen Member Posts: 36
    Good luck dude. i have been watching the info u provide from time to time..
  • worldbfree22worldbfree22 Member Posts: 1
    My dealer gave me an invoice that shows what appears to be Dealer incentives/assistance at the bottom.

It shows the following:
    Dealer Operations Expense Assistance - 0.8%
    RE 1.5% of MSRP (Im guessing thats the Reserve or Holdback)
    FA 772.00 (Financing Assitance?)
    EA 100.00

When I total these up I get $1765. If there is also $750 dealer incentive on the G37x, can I assume that even if dealer sells me this car at invoice, they will make approx $2500??
    Hey hasha100. this car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $2,000 dealer discount plus the $750 ash incentive for a total of $2,750 off. Let me know if you arrive at a different price.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan AWD that has an MSRP of $44,000 and a selling price of 41,250 through IFS right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $460 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Yeah, the money factors are pretty low. Trying to clear out the old inventory before the new model rolls out makes sense to me.

I believe that Infiniti Financial Services' 10,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

The lease program is exactly the same for New York and New Jersey.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new position, sewellgsm. You've always been very straightforward and helpful here. I wish you the best of luck at Cadillac. See you around.

Car_man
    Host
  • saladariiisaladariii Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

Looking into leasing a new car and just got back from a dealership. Looking for a 24 month 12k, G37 Premium Package base $41215 MSRP. They were giving me about a 3700 off original MSRP which brought the price to about 37500. Based on my calculations of %67 residual and 0.0001 money factor written on previous threads I came with a price of around $415+tax. Based on my Zip Code and recent sales on true car it seems the car is still a little overpriced. The manager however was trying to work out a deal with $350/month with drive off. Given that the Q50 is coming out in 3-4 months, would you take that deal?

Thank you in advance! :confuse:
    Was there a down payment with that $350/month? Because that sounds like an incredible deal to me. Where are you located, because I might have to head to that dealership
  • saladariiisaladariii Member Posts: 3
    Nothing down, just a drive off. My friend actually got a 2012 G37 in Dec of 2011 for 1500 down and 350+tax. So the deal is definitely doable if you look around. The drive off comes to about 1000 after everything. However this a 2 year lease. I'm in L.A. CALI.
  • jschulz79jschulz79 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man (or anyone else who might know):

I am currently leasing a 2011 335i, and my lease is up in September. It looks like Infiniti is running some great lease deals on the G37x (big rebates, low money factor), but it would cost me too much to try to get out of my lease this early. I'm assuming the deals are so good because they are looking to clear out inventory before the Q50 arrives this summer. So I have two questions. First, how long do you think G37x sedans will be available? Second, do you anticipate that Infiniti will continue to have these great lease deals until they are all gone? Thanks!
  • avp2avp2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

I am interested in a 24 month lease on an Infiniti G37 with Premium and Navigation packages. Looking through this forum, it seems like the numbers for January are:

0.00001 money factor
    67% residual with 15K miles per year
    $750 manufacturer incentive plus $1000 loyalty discount for current Infiniti lessees

Can someone please confirm if the above numbers are correct?

Also, what kind of rebates/incentives are available to people who are buying the car? I am trying to get a sense of how my lease purchase price will compare relative to the price people have been paying to buy the car.

Thanks!
  • g37x_buyerg37x_buyer Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I'm looking to purchase a 2009 G37X as it seems that a lot of the 2009 leases are coming into the dealers these days - any thoughts on a good purchasing strategy for these or at least some ideas regarding what the buyout option would be on these leases? I'm trying to get some common ground between what the value is vs. what could have been a buyout at the end of the lease. Thanks in advance for your assistance - great forum.
  • d_nyholmd_nyholm Member Posts: 80
    I don't remember the exact residual on my 39 month lease taken in August 2010, but I believe it was 59%. My 42k car has a residual of almost 25k. So any price around there would be decent. This is a sedan that I am talking about, I don't know what the residuals were for the coupes.
  • foreverfsuforeverfsu Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

So glad that I found this forum. Can anyone tell me if the deal I negotiated is any good? I negotiated a $338/mo + tax 10k per year for 24 monthslease on a G37 Journey Sedan with the premium package with no money down. Drive off costs are first months payment plus $43 tag. MSRP is $41,050 and sales price is $35,408.16.

Thanks!
  • grizzle1grizzle1 Member Posts: 10
    Looking to lease the same car before end of month! Can you post the full breakdown of your deal? Would be really helpful:

residual, MF, dealer acq fee/doc fees, costs rolled in, etc. More details the better.

Also, what kind of incentives were you able to grab on this deal to get to sales price?

Thanks in advance for sharing.
  • foreverfsuforeverfsu Member Posts: 10
    Have a bit of buyer's remorse now. February specials are even better. Could have gotten the exact same deal for only $288/mo. Only difference is a higher residual, but wasnt planning on buying the car anyways. Oh well.