Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    I noticed that.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    When I leased my G37 last year the dealer told me that about 3 months before the end of the lease I'd get offers to turn it in, etc.

What do you want to do at the end of the lease? They are obviously are doing this because they expect to make money on your current car.

If you want another G37 it may be worth looking into, if not then I'd just ignore it, pay your last few payments and walk away.

The new Q50 will be out later this year so they are interested in moving out the current G37s. Decide what you want to do, then evaluate the offer.
  • saml01saml01 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Hello,

Can anyone recommend an approach to locate a sport 6MT Sedan quickly and efficiently?

I am in NYC and we aren't really the target market for this particular trim, but I am prepared to travel if necessary.

Thanks.
    Sam
  • jxlxrjxlxr Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    Go to the Infiniti website and at the top right hand corner there is a dealer finder. Plug in some zip code or city/state and dealers will come up. Choose a dealer and you can choose the G37 6MT as an option. You will find a few dealers in northern NJ have them. Trial in error but you'll get an idea of dealers that have inventory.
  • ginscarginscar Member Posts: 9
    Thanks very much Jpp5862 for the info.

I am not sure what i want to do yet as there are still 5 months left.

Just so i understand it : If i took advantage of the 3 month lease waiver i assume i still have to pay 2 months payments as well as the payments on a new car?

If so i dont see the advantage in changing now. Might as well wait and get at least the use of the car if i am paying for it.
    Excellent. I have found a dealer and working with them now.

This is an amazing deal going on right now, the bargain on these cars is unheard of now that the new one is coming out.

I'm so glad this site exists.
  • larrymlarrym Member Posts: 21
    Looks like I might be in the market for another G37 convertible. Long story short some jerk last night put us into a guard rail. Car is likely totaled after the frame, wheel, springs, control arm and several other parts were torn off the vehicle.

Anyway, need to know lease information for G37 convertible with sport, prem, and nav
  • larrymlarrym Member Posts: 21
    Sorry I'm in a little fog...looking for 39 months and 12k miles if that is best.
  • logan115logan115 Member Posts: 6
    I live in IL, do I only pay sales tax on the difference between the cap cost and trade in value ?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    In Illinois, you pay tax on the full selling price of the vehicle, even on a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• friedman4friedman4 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Mrsp 43110 24m lease 10k. 285 +first month 285 aq fee 700. Doc. Fee 250 down payment 3565.64 2yr. Inifiniti. Maintenance program 310. Title and licenses 33.50 sales tax. $484. All. From the Trade equity
  • seoulnyseoulny Member Posts: 2
    Hello Friedman4. Where are you getting the deal from? Was at the White Plains Infiniti dealer tonight and tentatively secured a 24 months, 10K miles/year lease for G37x sedan with navigation system for $319/month with no money down and sales taxes built into the monthly payment. I feel like there are better deals out there and need proof for the dealer to match. Also got an offer for $309/mo for G37x sedan w/o navigation. I'm turning in a G25x lease with 4 more payments left.
    edited March 2013
    Hello,

May I please ask one of you to check my math for the mileage break even point.

If the difference in monthly price between a 12k mile and 15k mile lease is $40 per month. On a 24 month lease that equates to a difference of $960. An extra 6k miles overage on a 12k mile lease will cost $1500. However, as long as the extra miles are below 3840 it will be a wash in terms of total out of pocket.

If one of you could be so kind as to confirm for me id really appreciate a sanity check.

Thank You

Sam
    Yes, that thinking is correct.

I like to have as many miles as possible as to not think so much about it. Don't want to be in a position obsessing over miles.
    Agreed.

I also started thinking about inception fees. This isn't my first lease but is my first 24 month. The inception fees are the same for 24 or 36 months. In some ways while the residual is lower the inception fees can be prorated over a longer period.

I guess that's the price of convenience.

When you break it all down it provides an interested perspective.
  • jamellajamella Member Posts: 12
    2013 G37x Premium Pkg/NO navigation
    39 months/lease
    12,000 miles per year
    MSRP - $ 42,245
    Selling Price $38,470
    Invoice $39,470
    Residual 59%
    Money factor .00040
    Payment $406.85 tax included
    last 3 payments taken care of
    $1000 loyalty used

Break down of down Payment:
    $406.85 First payment
    $700 Bank fee
    $49.00 Tax on bank fee
    $150 Doc fee
    $50 Bmv fee
    $1.25 Tire tax
    $70 Tax on $1000 loyalty money
    $1,427.10 Total out of pocket

Good deal? Should I go for it?
    Basically the same car I have now (2010), but without navigation & $125 per month less on the lease payment.
  • jamellajamella Member Posts: 12
    I think the salesperson reversed the sales price & the invoice price.
    He said they were only making $1000 on the car.
    On a 42k car you should be looking at 5k off sticker not including loyalty money. You can do a 24 mo lease for mid 300s for that car.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for sidbahl. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 G37 Sedan AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00033 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Infiniti is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello rlev24890. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 G37 Sedan AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00027 and 69% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ramchopramchop Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Hi All,

I will be a first time lessee from the Seattle area and have been reading the forums lately to get an idea about leasing a 2013 G37x AWD. Went to the dealership today but had a hard time haggling the price down as much as some of you have :( Info on the lease:

MSRP: $46,955

Options:
    - Premium package
    - Illuminated kick plates
    - Carpet trunk mat/cargo net
    - Splash guards
    - Wheel locks

Sale Price: $43,570. He's offering me the invoice price of the whole car (which also includes the $905 destination fee and $300 ad fee). He refused to give me the $1,000 lease cash incentive because he argued that he is only netting $850.

Gross cap cost: $44,420 including a $700 acquisition fee and $150 documentation fee

Due on delivery: $3,815.37
    - $2,860 cap cost reduction
    - $400.09 first month's payment
    - $280.28 for 9.8% tax
    - $275 licensing fee

Net cap cost: $41,560

Residual value (70%): $32,868.50

Money Factor: 0.00003

Hopefully I posted the correct figures. Is this a decent deal for 12,000 miles/yr and 24 month lease?

Thanks!
    I'm assuming that at 46,900 cat it had navigation as well. You may have just missed that. I would say at minimum you should be at invoice minus the 2000 dealer cash. So approximately 5000 of sticker should be the minimum discount.

The residual and money factor is correct so just negotiating price is what you need to do. Tax rate is high so your payment may look high compared to others as well.

I'd shop around a little if you have access to other dealers.
    Nope, does not include the navigation package.

Can you please explain this $2,000 dealer cash? Is this a manufacture to dealer marketing special? I spoke with another dealership and they said the only incentive they offer is the $1,000 loyalty cash, which I don't qualify for.

Plus the G37x they're offering has the premium & navigation package with a MSRP of $48,805 but selling price of $44,495.
  • edizzy86edizzy86 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the process of neg a price of a G37 S at 44,989. Now the question is simple. If I get this car below invoice do I then ask for the $2000 incentive on top of the invoice price or am I assuming that is how we got to invoice was that the incentive is included into the negotiated price.

Thanks
  • wanda15wanda15 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,
    Can you please provide the moneyfactor and residual for the G37 6MT (Sedan). 36 and 39 month lease. Can you also provide the moneyfactor on a 39 month lease for the G37X.

Thank you,

Wanda
    This is cash that Infiniti provides to dealer as a direct rebate when you buy a car. This is widely known as available so if this dealer is not be forthright about it then I would question that dealer.

I'd go on the Infiniti website and price cars. The G37X bases at 38,900. Add premium and nav and that adds about 5000. Car should list at around 45k. You'd have to add sport and technology package on top of those to get to 48k.

I'd try another dealer.
    Thank you for the clarification. Also got an e-mail explanation that they incorporated the $2,500 dealer cash AND the $1,000 incentive to the $4,200 discount off MSRP. Quote as follows:

"First, the dealer contribution is different based upon how you finance the car (lease or purchase) and therefore, that is how the lease cash ties in. Therefore, if you decide to finance the cash that we can use to do what we want with (which in this case we have already applied toward discounting the car $4,200) is $2,500.00. If this car goes onto a lease we have an extra $1,000 that we can use which brings it up to $3,500 for us. Now, this is on the exact model car you have picked out. This programs change monthly so I am not sure if Edmunds has a delay (which typically is true when a website provides insider information) or if they just had general Infiniti information (as it is different for each line of car) and that is the difference in the numbers. At anyrate, what I have provided you is the most accurate and up to date info. Let me know if you have questions on this part."

Looks like I got some more negotiating to do :P
  • drjay1drjay1 Member Posts: 30
    I am thinking of taking this offer I negotiated:
    2013 White G37S
    Premium package
    Navigation package
    Technology package
    Sport Package
    Interior Accents package
    Sticker Price is $47,000
    39 month lease with 12k miles per year
    Total out of pocket is $500
    Monthly pay is $398 tax included
    I do have loyalty money included.
    What do you guys think??
  • loomis661loomis661 Member Posts: 3
    Car man,

With the residuals you mentioned above for the 2013 and qualifying for the top tier financing rate, can you give me a good lease amount with 6.5% tax.

Quoted 454 a month tax included. 39 months, 10,000 miles. Returning 2010 M. Infiniti will take care of last 3 payments for loyal customers (current offer). (However i only owe 2. This will be my 3rd infiniti, g to m and back to g. My wife is on her 2nd QX). That was with my current payment amount of $672, and they actually said they would due the same at 24 months.

I however, spoke to the manager today who was the first guy I ever dealt with 7 years ago, and he said their pushing these because of the Q and because of my loyalty I should get a good deal. What I always ask for is the service package included, usually 600 to 700, plus window tinting and I was going to ask for the xfinity paint package, around 800.

I want to put zero down. And with the extras I just mentioned in the previous paragraph, is the 454 exceptional or should I ask for better considering the loyalty.

By the way located in FL.

Thanks Mark
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Car Man nor any other leasing expert is ever going to tell you if you received a good deal for the vehicle without knowing the MSRP and the selling price.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • austinite23austinite23 Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Hi Carman,

I was looking to lease 2013 G37 and following are the details:

Price - $43,250 with navigation package
    Selling price after discounts - $38,805
    I am trading in my 2013 Mazda 3 (lease) with an appraisal price of $12k and putting $0 down.
    Monthly payments quoted - $393.87 for 39months and 12k miles per year.

Does this sound like a good deal? Dealer said that it's end of month and end of fiscal year and this offer will expire tomorrow 3/30. Thanks!
  • loomis661loomis661 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, I wrote that late last night on not much sleep.

MSRP 44,200

Disc & Rebates 4,096

Selling Price with taxes and fees 41,951

Thanks for the catch

Mark
  • alexorlandoalexorlando Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_Man:

Could you provide the April money factor & residual for a 2013 G37 Sedan Journey w/Premium Package & Navigation, 36 months/15,000 miles?

Also, does anyone know what credit score IFS considers "top tier"?

Thanks,

Alex
  • dramashleydramashley Member Posts: 2
    I just signed this lease at Infiniti of Coconut Creek. I got a blue slate with the wheat/mahogany interior for 24 months, 12,000 miles per year. I only paid $355 (first month) at signing and will pay 23 more payments of $355. I think I did pretty well. Car stickered for $42,110. I do have loyalty and they paid off the last 3 months of my nissan lease through a pull ahead program through NMAC.
  • amsenamsen Member Posts: 36
    You had loyalty by owning a Nissan? Please confirm. I have been told that i should have owned an Infiniti not a Nissan for loyalty.
  • willfinewillfine Member Posts: 6
    I contacted a Chicago area Infinity dealer about the 24 month leases on the G37x they are promoting for $299.00 a month and a $2,400 down payment. They seemed to have no interest in negotiating the price of the vehicle. Is this some extraordinary dealer/factory incentive combination or is it just that good a deal that they can get full asking price?
  • jljujujljljujujl Member Posts: 1
    what state and which dealership did you get this deal?
    Hi Wanda. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00046 and 57%.

The numbers for the G37X are .00033 / 58% for 36 months and .00040 / 57% for 39 months.

There is a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of both of these cars right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Mark. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey that has an MSRP of $44,200 and a selling price of $41,951 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $473 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly Alex. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 G37 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mullins2013mullins2013 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Car Man! Can you give me the April lease rates for a G37 Journey Coupe? 24 and 39 month please.

Thanks!!
  • dotmichaeldotmichael Member Posts: 6
    Got an offer on the following: 2013 G37S

MSRP: 43610 Selling price 38945

70% .00037 Residual and money factor...

389/month plus tax
    $1500 down in NJ at Circle Infiniti

I think its the only one on the lot, if I can get into it for under $350 I'll do it but really want to see what I need to get there. Like to get away with less down, too...insight please!!!
  • johnnylangjohnnylang Member Posts: 2
    Currently seeking to take advantage of this great G37 lease deal. Have 6 months left on my Maxima lease. I was adamently told that all pull-ahead programs, both Nissan and Infinity have been terminated, is there any way to challenge or confirm this?
    John
    edited April 2013
    Okay so following up on my last post:

13 G37S
    MSRP: 43610 Selling price 38945

70% .00037 Residual and money factor...

389/month plus tax
    $1500 down in NJ at Circle Infiniti

$2000 down gets me to $349 tax included

I think I can do better, they only seemed to offer $1000 loyalty - I suppose I really need to know if there is any lease cash going on for the sedan right now.

I called Ray Catena Edison, told them this deal and they said they can beat it by $20 bucks a month and they have the color I'd prefer (white over black, no one has malbec)

That $2000 is 700 acquisition, first month and DMV fees. I really wanted to get into the car for nothing down and am only OK with that $2k. If the payment got into the low 300s I'd be okay and if my nothing/under $1k out of pocket had me up to and including $360 or so I'd be okay, too.

They want $1000 down payment tomorrow morning to locate me the color I want within a week - think I'm going to leave them a voicemail saying I need a better deal.

I dont want to push it but this is my first new car and I want the best deal possible
    edited April 2013
    OH and I'm seeing some of you negotiating your selling price to $36k and truecar puts this car at $36k...is that gonna happen with a 6MT S?
    I wonder if I could get the monthly under $300 with a 10k lease after further negotiating.
  • jetman14jetman14 Member Posts: 4
    Go to Pepe Infiniti. I got mine for $800 at signing and $320/month
  • johnnylangjohnnylang Member Posts: 2
    Amazing price!
  • newbee007newbee007 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car-man

Can you please provide the lease numbers for G37x coupe for 12000 and 15000 miles, and what incentives are available on the coupe.

thank you
    Hey mullins2013. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 G37 Coupe Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 68% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00034 and 56%.

Infiniti is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. Make sure to take this into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host