Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, sulimios. Thanks for the additional information. Don't worry about your car's selling price. Just over dealer invoice is a very good deal. Let's use Infiniti Financial Services' current lease program to estimate what this car's monthly payment should be. According to my calculations, the 24 month, 15,000 mile peer year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment for a 2006 Infiniti G35X with an MSRP of $37,850 and a selling price of $34,550 should be around $450. This is right in line with your payment. I think that you got a very good deal. Enjoy your new ride :).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks for the additional information, youngman. A selling price of $34,750 on a 2006 Infiniti G35X that has an MSRP of $37,950 is an excellent deal. I believe that it is right around dealer invoice. Using these prices, I estimate that a 39 month, 15,000 mile per year lease of this car through Infiniti Financial Services would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $427. As you can see, this deal is definitely a treat, not a truck. Enjoy your new ride :).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings trini305. You should be able to answer any general questions that you have about leasing by checking out the following informative articles that are available right here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. These pieces are really must reads for anyone who has never leased before. Check them out and let me know if you have any questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • joseppi22joseppi22 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman/others. I just recently was offered, or battled to agree upon this offer.. but anyhow.. 06 G35 coupe 6MT with Nav, 19"wheels.. etc. Lease - $3,000 down $442/mnth incl tax, for 12 months with 15,000 miles/year. does this sound right? I believe the Msrp was $39140. Not sure of any discounts I've gotten to get to these numbers. they tried for $5400 down and $498.mnth. which is outrageous!! Let me know asap so I can make a decision or keep fighting. Another dealer is working to beat this as well. Thanks in advance! Joe
  • peternorthpeternorth Member Posts: 3
    thanks car man. where would I get this number from? is it the capitalized cost which is 37521.75? Not to sound naive, but I am not sure where to get the information. I am leasing through a 3rd party so I am not sure where I would get that information.
  • drivingmachinedrivingmachine Member Posts: 7
    trinin, that sounds like a great deal on an 06 Coupe with Premium Package - even for a 6MT the invoice is 34,200.

Is anyone else seeing prices below invoice on the coupe?
  • peternorthpeternorth Member Posts: 3
    Ok. Here goes....msrp is 37950. The money factor is .00003 and the residual is 65%. Hope this helps in advising me whether or not I got a decent deal!
  • agie1agie1 Member Posts: 25
    Dealer's quote by phone, 06 G35 coupe msrp 38k, 12 month lease $249/mo, $1,995 down plus bank fee $795, destination charge, tax, no security deposit. Is it good deal?
    Total payment at inception: $4000, is it correct with ny sales tax? Is it too high? Dealer said i can have option to buy at the end of lease, is it right?
  • usafshirtusafshirt Member Posts: 1
    Good evening--I am trying to get my wife out of a horrible lease on a 2006 Mustang GT convertible--she wants a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe--here are the numbers I am working on:

2006 Infinite G35 Coupe 6MT - $33800 MSRP
    Premium Package - $2850 MSRP
    Infinite Navigation - $1800 MSRP
    Aero Package - $550 MSRP
    Destination Charge - $700 MSRP
    Ivory Pearl Color
    Total MSRP - $39,700 MSRP

I am able to purchase at invoice which is $36,338
    My wife is $10,820.65 upside down on her trade bringing total purchase price to $47,158.65.

She currently pays $580 per month for 72 months for the Mustang lease--trying to save $50 or so per month in whatever new car she gets--with the current Infiniti lease offers--any chance of getting a payment in the $530 per month range for 48 months or less with a purchase price of $47,158.65 and zero down and 12,000 miles per year--any help or advice is greatly appreciated--thank you!
    Hi Carman. I just recently was offered, or battled to agree upon this offer.. but anyhow.. 06 G35 coupe 6MT with Nav, 19"wheels.. etc. Lease - $3,000 down $442/mnth incl tax, for 12 months with 15,000 miles/year. does this sound right? I believe the Msrp was $39140. Not sure of any discounts I've gotten to get to these numbers. they tried for $5400 down and $498.mnth. which is outrageous!! Let me know asap so I can make a decision or keep fighting. Another dealer is working to beat this as well. Thanks in advance! Joe
  • r8edr8ed Member Posts: 12
    I want a 2007 G35 AWD sedan. They said the shortest lease is 24 months. They wanted $3600 down (includes all taxes and fees) and $429/month (tax is 7%). I had got them down to $3200 down and $394/month but the guy said he forgot about the taxes and then this was the adjusted deal after tax. Oh yeah and it's 10k miles a year. I didn't take it.

I have never leased a car before but I just got a new job and I want a nice car short term before getting a suv/family type car. My other car is financed and will be paid off next year. That's why I wanted 12 month. I would have one year overlap. Do all Infiniti dealers have 12 month?

I'm thinking $3000 down and $415 is reasonable. Anyone care to comment? Any help is appreciated.
    From what I've been reading on this forum, the numbers i got mine down to, as stated in my last post, $3,000 down, $442 mnth for 12 months on a top of the line G35 Coupe 6MT with Nav is pretty reasonable.... R8ed.. I'm not entirely sure about the 12 months thing for you since it is the sedan. I think the 12mnths is only for the 06 coupe and was a limited time thing.. but check on that.. and even fight for it... they may have some means of extending that to you.. butthen again.. I'm sure the dealers can only do what infiniti allows them, or has out there to do. But that price you say of just about $3k down and $415 a mnth doesn't sound bad to me on an 07 35x.. I just don't like the 10k miles. squeezethem for at least 12. I got 15k thrown in or i told them no deal. My numbers were close to the same when they were offering me 12k yr. got the extra 3k/yr for like 3 bucks a mnth. Keep us posted.. I think I've accepted my deal. I never go any replies as to wether or not minen seemed like a good deal, so i just researched what everyone has been getting out the door with and felt pretty good about it. Good Luck. Your numbers sound reasonable. Joe
    Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned I'm getting a bare-bones G35 AWD.

I think you got a good deal considering you got the navigation package but like you said, I didn't see anyone comment either way.

I'll be in there most likely this week and I'll mention those numbers and see what happens. My friend got his at another dealer and he's calling tomorrow to see what they can do.
  • soonertimesoonertime Member Posts: 6
    I am leasing a 07 G35 in a couple of days with the following specs; G35 sport, nav, prem pkg, splash guards, tire and wheel pkg, sat radio. The MSRP is 38740 and I am getting $1300 off MSRP. Most dealers seem like they are wanting $500 + or - MSRP. Term 39, MF .00289, Res 55% for $830 down and $640 a month. Good deal????
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    "MF .00289"

The money factor may be a little bit high. I thought I saw 0.00236 as the launch money factor for Oct for 36 and 42 months lease. See post 706 in this thread
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    I was given a quote for the same car for my brother for $1200 below MSRP. I live in LA, so perhaps prices at your end of the world are different.
  • soonertimesoonertime Member Posts: 6
    I am in Texas. Thanks for the input. Car-Man what do you think?
  • bubulikbubulik Member Posts: 16
    Hello Car_Man:

I am hoping you can give me yr advise on leasing a 2006 G35 coupe AT thru the VPP program. Here is a quote I recently got from 2 Seattle area Infiniti dealers:

Car: 2006 AT G35 coupe
    Trim: Premium Pckg, Performance Tires, Trunk Mats

Invoice: 33,744 (v/s MSRP of 37580)
    Destination & Handling: 650
    VPP Discount: 557
    Delivery Fee: 830
    VPP Cap Cost: $34667

Down payment: 3500
    Bank Fee: 595
    Residual (68%): 25,554
    Depreciation: 7129
    Money Factor: 0.00162 (assumption)
    Lease term: 24 mo
    Mileage: 15k
    Monthly Payments (exld tax): 391

Questions:
    1. Is this VPP price a good deal? One of the dealers was not willing to settle below the VPP price despite the 2006 being phased out soon. The other dealer was willing to negotiate below this price but they didnt have the color I was looking for. I was hoping to get more of an upper hand settling for a 2006 given the 2008 will be redesigned.

2. Is the residual on a G35 coupe lease negotiable? Both dealers tell me it is not and its set by the leasing company. I felt it was too low. Your opinion?

3. Is this bank fee negotiable? This looked suspect to me.

4. Out of my cash down, they are subtracting my first monthly (427) as well as the doc fee (35), license fees (225) and tax (235). Why is this tax being levied here? Its already being factored in the $427 monthly payment.

Thanks!
    any comment on this quote:
    2006 G35 coupe auto
    12 month lease
    $1,995 down
    10k miles/year
    $249 base model
    $299 premium package

should i take this deal?
    What City do you live in? That makes a difference
    new york.
    I don't have cap cost, money factor and residual value information. If possible, I prefer zero down.
    If I have 12 month lease, how much sales tax I need to pay? 100% or only partial of sales tax?
    07 G35 AWD Sedan w/ moonroof and cargo net.
    $35,700 MSRP
    $33,220 Negotiated Price
    24 months
    12k miles

$576.16 for first month payment and tire charge ($8)
    $568/month (Includes all taxes and fees)

I ran these numbers through the calculator using residual of 69% and money factor of .00225. Sales tax is 7% and with other fees populated by calc, the amount financed comes to $34,256. The numbers in the calculator match the deal (actually it came to $570.80/mo).

A couple questions. I guess I shouldn't include the $576.16 (for first month payment) in the Money Down right? If that was that case, my monthly should be around $540.

I don't need cargo nets. It's this something I could tell them I don't want and get $50 off the price? I know it's a paltry amount but why not?
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    The deal sounds VERY high. You can almost lease an M class for that.
    Are you sure about that? I'm putting zero down. I'm just paying the first month payment at signing. I ran this by another Infiniti dealer and they couldn't even match it. I think you are just focusing on the monthly payment, but if anyone else thinks this is no good, please let me know. I'm probably heading in there tonight. Thanks.
  • mbonusmbonus Member Posts: 15
    I am not sure which lease calculator you are using. I think some of the calculators include registration fees in the calculation. Maybe CarMan or another host can chime in.

If I plug your numbers into the old-fashioned equation (TVM of Cap cost less residual + simple interest on residual divided by 12 months, times your tax rate) I get 523/mth including tax.

However if I plug your deal using the lease numbers for November: 24mth 30k Resid-66% MF-.00223 I get your exact payment of $568. But that is for 15K miles per year. So I am not sure, sorry. :blush:
    I posted the residual and money factor I used for a 24 month 12k/yr lease on a G35 AWD Sedan. I used the simple lease calculator on edmunds and yes, that includes all fees. Where did you get your residual and money factor numbers? I got the November ones from this board. Somebody posted what they were for all the G35s for November. If I'm using incorrect numbers, then the whole equation changes. I was hoping Car_man would comment, but probably very busy.
    I got my numbers from a few pages back: I can't vouch if they are authentic.

This was posted by the Internet Manager for South Bay Infiniti on another board:

2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan and Coupe Lease Rates (27 views) (27 thread views)

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00224 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 56% of MSRP – .00209 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 44% of MSRP – .00239 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 36% of MSRP – .00249 Base Money Factor Rate

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 66% of MSRP – .00223 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 57% of MSRP – .00236 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 42% of MSRP – .00237 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 35% of MSRP – .00249 Base Money Factor Rate

2007 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00225 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 57% of MSRP – .00231 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 44% of MSRP – .00239 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 36% of MSRP – .00249 Base Money Factor Rate

2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 67% of MSRP – .00227 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 56% of MSRP – .00227 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 47% of MSRP – .00239 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 38% of MSRP – .00249 Base Money Factor Rate

Add 1% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr on all terms and 2% for 10k mi/yr on 36+ months.
    After reposting those values, I noticed you are looking at the AWD version, so your numbers are probably right given a 1% bump in residual for 12K miles.

If you are paying registation and fees directly, your payment should be $523 mth including tax.
    That's the post I used. And here's the numbers applicable to my vehicle:
    2007 Infiniti G35 AWD Sedan

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00225 Base Money Factor Rate

Add 1% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr on all terms.

So my Residual is 69% and the money factor is .00225. Is this correct? I took the difference between the MSRP and my price and entered that in the cash down to represent my cap cost. I have never leased before and learned everything from this site and board. Let me know if I messed up please.
    It really depends on what you have to pay at signing and what the related fees are. Your $568 per month is a good deal at zero down, but to get to 568 they are adding about $950 of fees to your cap cost. Depending on what registration costs in your state that could be too much, but I don't know what fees are negotiable and what are not. I imagine all leases include some sort of origination fee, so those fees may be reasonable no matter where you go.

You can look at it another way. If you are really paying nothing down, your negotiated price is $34,170 including all fees. That is still $1500 off of MSRP, so that is a good deal on a 07 model that is apparently in high demand.

Someone else should chime in and check my math. :)
  • huma2huma2 Member Posts: 24
    hi carman thanks in advance for your help. i have heard different money factors for nov. can you tell me what the money factors are? i am lookiong at a 2006 g35 sedan 6mt. msrp of $35200 selling for 32000. what should the lease payments be for either a 24 or 36 month lease 10k miles / year. i would like the quote with no money out of pocket. thanks so much
  • writebrianwritebrian Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know how long this program is on for? My local dealers have PLENTY of stock on 06'coupes (Phoenix). Should I wait them out until end of month before buying for best deal?
  • 1sttimeleaser1sttimeleaser Member Posts: 1
    What do you think of this deal? 2007 G35x with navigation and premium packages(msrp $38900, 24mo/15k lease for $560/mo with $0 down and all taxes and fees upfront.
    He is also telling me that a 36mo/15k lease would be about $40/month more than the 24mo lease - which doesn't make sense to me.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    The $560/mo payment for 24mo/15k lease appears to be an error, or you should grab it right away. Using MSRP and the numbers in post #788, I got the payment of $665 for 24 mo and $605 for 36 mo. My guess is that the dealer is giving approx. $200 off MSRP, but misquoted as $560 instead of $660 for 24 mo (which explains why quote for 36 mo lease is higher than that of 24 mo lease).

Try yourself the lease calculator link below.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • writebrianwritebrian Member Posts: 3
    Hey CarMan do you know how long the 12 month coupe lease program is on for? My local dealers have PLENTY of stock on 06'coupes (Phoenix). Should I wait them out until end of month before buying for best deal?
  • brott8brott8 Member Posts: 8
    Been tracking these threads for a while and got a lot of useful info. Wanted to post what I came up with in case it helps anyone with negotiations.

Just signed the G35x '06 with a sunroof, otherwise base. This was a "demo" car with 5000 miles. We came to 379/month for 24 months, 1200 down, 12k mile. These numbers include everything except title and plates.

Thanks...
    In So. Cal, my brother is looking at a G35 with Journey, Nav, Prem and Tech, plus painted mud flaps at $38290 with zero cap reduction and 9 sec dep for, $100 doc fee and std ttl for:

12k 10k
    24 $507 $492
    36 $479 $469
    39 $457 $447

all plus tax

What do you think?
  • bstevenfbstevenf Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a good dealer in Southern California to lease from. I am interested in the 2007 G35, however the dealers that I have spoken with have told me that they are "not allowed" to sell them for under Sticker price.
    Anyone find someone to give them a great deal in the socal area?
  • lookingaroundlookingaround Member Posts: 13
    I am a first time car buyer in CA and would appreciate any help. I am looking at buying an 07 Journey with premium and navi package. What type of deals are out there? Should I be looking to make a better deal on an 06?
    Thanks for any help you can offer?
  • forte3880forte3880 Member Posts: 4
    I visited a dealer in pennsylvania, right outside philadelphia. I was quoted $510 a month with 3K due at signing (includes taxes, fees, first month payment etc) the remaining towards cap reductiuon for a 36 month lease with 12K miles a year for a 2006 g35x with premium package c. Price was $37800 with 52% residual value and a money factor of .00072. The monthly payment and price of the car seemed very high to me but i am not sure what a monthly lease payment on this car should cost. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Forte, that sounds very high. I believe that is even above MSRP or maybe close if that is the only package included.

Edmunds puts invoice for that at 34,296 and you should be able to get around that number or so for a 2006 model. It obviously all depends on the dealer (and if you take the car by month end), but I would guess somewhere in the range of 435-460 a month with that 3k down would be a bit more reasonable.

Again, that's just a guess and based off of my experience with the base 2006 AWD model.
  • lookingaroundlookingaround Member Posts: 13
    Looking at 07 Journey with premium and Nav package. Are there any specials out there or am I better off going with an 06? I want to keep my payments around $400-$500? Suggestions on best strategy.
  • forte3880forte3880 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the response brott. I shopped the offers online and found the experience much easier than buying in person. My best offer, and the one that I accepted, is $2500 due at signing (includes all inception fees and first month payment) for a 2006 G35X with premium package 24 month, 12K miles a year for $406 a month.
    That's a great deal, forte. And it sounds like you got it with little haggle. Congrats on your purchase.
  • blerner2blerner2 Member Posts: 47
    Carman

I've seen you make the point on several occasions that if you are quoted a MF greater than the Buy lease rate from the captive Mfg's finance arm, that means the dealer is benefitting from "hidden" profit on the deal.

How would a higher money factor benefit the dealer? I thought that the Financing company purchases the vehicle from the dealer at the Capitalized Reduction Cost, and the dealer simply gets a check for that amount. I could see the Financing company benefitting from the higher interest rate that you are paying them each month, but how does that fact benefit the dealer?

I'm confused. :confuse:
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    "How would a higher money factor benefit the dealer?"

if the higher rate cause you to overpay the lease by $15 per month over 36 months, the dealer get 15x36 subtract may be some minor adminstrative fees from the manufacturer. This is almost like refinancing a house, the agent can quote you any rate above his/her buy rate and pocket the difference. That is why it paid to get the correct information and shop around..
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    I am looking to lease a new 2007 G35s and I've been reading about the ability to pay addl. security deposits in order to lower the MF (along with being able to recoup the deposit at lease end). My questions are...what are the potential risks to look out for so as not to lose the security deposits? I'm assuming that these are payable when you turn in the car and there is no major damage other than wear and tear. Do they ever try to trump up the wear and tear so that they don't have to give you back all of the security deposits? What about say using the security deposits to pay off the last payment or more? What if you try to get out of the lease early...can you still get the security deposits back? And lastly, is there a point where the addl. security deposits are no longer cost effective? Thank you for your input.
    The dealer told me if the car is totaled or stolen such that you cant return it to Infiniti, then you lose your deposit. I am not sure if this is true, but sounds like it can be.
  • zmonetzmonet Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking to lease a 2006 G35 MT Coupe with Premium, Sat Rad and Nav. MSRP is 39,690. Cost would be at $35,700. Could anyone provide me the current money factor and residual value for 12 and 24 month leases at both 12K and 15K miles/year? I really need the numbers as soon as possible.

The last numbers I got from Carman (THANKS CARMAN) were: 12 month lease of a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year --- .00006 and 79%, Residual Value. 24 month lease --- .00166 and 70%.

If I crunch the numbers without adding any fees except sales tax (cap cost of $35,700 and 5% sales tax), I get a total of $528.77. Is this correct? What other fees can I expect OTD?

Thanks for your help.
    I posted number to a deal i was ofered about 3 weeks ago, but circumstances changed (selling my acura) anyhow. Here's the deal i signed, please tell me if I got itat a good rate/deal. First, I got an 06 G35 Coupe 6MT, MSRP of $39,940, nav, 19 wheels, the whole nine yards, loaded. They Paid off My Acura for $10,200 (was only being offered $8-$9.5k on it everywhere else. 12 months, 12k miles per year, $1200 out of pocket at signing, $524/mnth including tax. A few local dealers said they couldn't touch these numbers on that much of a car. Good? or No Good? Either way, signed, and will be paying for the year, Just needing Reassurance. Could anyone figure out my exact numbers by the info I just gave? I did get one better offer of $492, but on a lesser Msrp car, and could not Guarentee they could give me my payoff for my Acura. Thanks for the Input.