Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi thunt203. The highest mileage allowance that Infiniti Financial Services publishes residual values for is 15,000 miles per year. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty. IFS' 24 month, 15,000 miles per year residual value for a 2005 G35 AWD is currently 64%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hello Christopher. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti C35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00219 and 55%, respectively. I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be on this car for you. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with an approximate selling price for it. You should be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay for this model right now by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

In your post, you mentioned that you are considering making a $3,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your G35 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $3,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
    Here is the information that you are looking for, jody6. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35X through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00076 and 55%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00111 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new car, Steve. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • mitchufmitchuf Member Posts: 3
    Two months ago I leased a 2005 Automatic Coupe (black on black) w/ premium pkg from one of the many South Florida dealers. Flooding from hurricane Wilma submerged it in sea water. Needless to say, it is likely a total loss and I'm very thankful I put no money out of pocket aside from inceptions. (Good advice CarMan.)
    Because Infiniti has pseudoGap insurance, they said they'll accept whatever settlement amount my car insurance company gets to and expunge my lease. (By the way, my old lease was $424 per month before tax w/ 12k miles per year over 42 months.)

I'd like to get the same exact car: 2005 Automatic Coupe, black on black, premium pkg, splash guards.

If you have a moment, please provide the residuals and money factors for this car (w/ 12k miles per year) over 24, 36, 39, and 42 months.

Also, I read something about $1k cash to dealers. Will this apply to leases too? Should I fight for a cap cost of invoice minus $1k?

Thanks,

Mitch
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Carman,

Looking at an 05 G35 6SPD sedan, could you provide the residual and money factor for 36 month 10K per year please. Thanks.
  • lock_n_loadlock_n_load Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your help. I have already bought the 2006 G35 Coupe 6M on October 29 in Houston, TX. I did end up putting down $3,000, but all that really did was lower the monthly payments.

Exterior: Diamond Graphite
    Interior: Graphite Leather, Premium Pkg, Aero Pkg, Splash Guards.

The MSRP was $37,800
  • cdpeppercdpepper Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a G35 Coupe. I would like to make one up-front payment that would cover 36 months/12K miles. How would you calualate the payment. I have been quoted a purchase price of $33905 and I don't know the residual. Thanks, Cp
  • mcassebamcasseba Member Posts: 5
    I have a choose between these two deals...which one would you take?

06 Acura TL Auto w/ Nav 42 month lease, 15K miles, $2000 out of pocket with total monthly payments with tax of $475.

or

06 Infiniti G35 w/ prem & Nav 6MT 42 month lease, 15K miles, $2000 out of pocket with total monthly payments with tax of $485.
  • kki000kki000 Member Posts: 17
    wow tuff call.
    I had to make a similar decision a few weeks back.
    I went with the g35x, wanted the AWD. Decision between front and rear wheel is tougher.
    TL has better/quiter interior, WAY better navi, way better radio and torque steer.
    The g35 imho is still more fun to drive, but loses points on everything else, though it is still outstanding.

Between those 2, i think i would get the tl.
  • gbicgbic Member Posts: 1
    I just leased an 04 G-35 three weeks ago. I made the mistake of making this deal at night and did not see that there were a few small dents and also some paint defects.There is also a rubbing noise in the front end when making turns. The dealer called me last week to ask me to come in and resigne the contract because the wrong residual had been put on the original. I asked the dealer if I could walk away from this deal since a mistake had been made on the contract. He said that I could not and had to signe the new contract. He said that he did not have to change the residual but was doing me a favor by doing it. I would rather walk from this deal and find another that is in better condition. Can I walk away or am I stuck signing the new contract.

P.S. He said that the payments would stay the same even if he lowered the residual.

Thank You.
  • mead1mead1 Member Posts: 8
    When you lease a new car, the dealer has an obligation to deliver the car in the appropriate condition (i.e., new). I would take the car back to the dealer and demand that they do whatever is necessary to put it there (I would think that the "rubbing noise" problem would be under warranty). If they refuse, then you should have the right to walk away, though you may be buying yourself a fight, particularly if you signed something that said you had inspected the car and agreed it was in new condition.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    gbic said he leased an '04 G35.. I doubt it was new... But, it should still be under warranty...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Didn't realize dealers leased used cars. I'm just not sure if the paint problems would be covered under warranty (though certainly the tire/wheel problems would be). If not, you can argue failure to disclose the paint problems, but easily discoverable defects may not be subject to disclosure.
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Carman,

I'm in Los Angeles and I'm interested in leasing a 2006 G35 Coupe before the end of November. What are the residual value and the lease money factors on a 24-month/24,000 mile lease and a 36-month/36,000 mile lease? Are the numbers the same for the auto and the manual in both cases?

Thanks!
  • andyevandyev Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    I'm in the DFW area and am looking to lease a 2006 automatic Sedan. I have one picked out with performance package B, sports suspension, and Sirrius radio for 34,400. The MSRP is 36,400. What is the residual and money factor for this lease?

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your car, Mitch, but I'm happy to hear that the advise you received in these discussions payed off. Here is the information on this car's current lease program that you are interested in. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00207 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00214 and 60%, for 39 months they are .00212 and 57%, and for 42 months they are .00218 and 56%. I believe that the $1,000 dealer cash that you mentioned is on '05 G35 Sedans, not the Coupes.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ajpbf7. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00055 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, lock_n_load. Congratulations on your new car. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Hello benji123. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe through Infiniti Financial Services prior to the end of the month for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00219 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00215 and 59%. I don't believe that the type of transmission that the car you are interested in has has any impact upon its lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings andyev. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car,s lease program is currently like, however in order for me to do so I need you to tell me how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per your you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    My bad, I thought I had put that in there. I'm looking to lease for 42 months at 15,000 miles. Thanks for your help.

Andy
    and really I'm looking for somewhere around 36-42 mo lease but from what I understand, a 42 month lease is usually lower monthly payments. If I'm wrong, please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • bobsbusbobsbus Member Posts: 1
    i just traded in my 04 acura tl 6mt for a06g35 6mt-infiniti bought out my last 18 months left on a 36 month lease from acura.my deal was to good to pass up-24 month 12000 miles no money down except bank fees 550 and n.j. reg. fees -by using mulity security deposits [10]which will be refunded at end of lease,i will save 50.00/month or1200 over length of lease-my payment is 465/month which included 6%n.j. tax-msrp 35050 paid 32500-this car is so more car then tl-rear wheel is the only way to go-tl had its problems-dash, brakes,seat leather and tires but that front wheel drive is not for a performance car-so far love my "g"
  • earny99earny99 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,
    I'm planning on getting a g35 but not currently ready yet. Do you know if the same money factor and factory to dealer incentives will still be availabe in december for an 05 g35 sedan? I've checked the online inventory of some dealers near me and there seems to be quite a bit of 05's left.
    Thanks
  • cake97cake97 Member Posts: 2
    Ok, just wanted to share my deal if it helps

05 G35x premium package with full spare

MSRP 37,100
    Negotiated price 34,200

3 year/ 15k miles per year
    55% residual
    didn't qualify for the .00076MF got .00091 instead ~2.18%

$490 down, $490/month

Next to last 05 Sedan they had on the lot that was new, only other one had Navi which I didn't want

Rosenthal Infiniti, Tysons Corner (my second Infiniti, we are very, very satisfied with their service)
  • chrisazchrisaz Member Posts: 10
    Here is the current offer I have:

05 Coupe w/ premium & sport

MSRP 37490 (plus 774 dealer accessories - tint etc)
    Offer 35650
    39 months/12K yr
    2450 down

Here is where it gets sticky: He is telling me it is a 57% residual, and a money factor of .00242. I asked to change it to a 15k lease and all he said is that it adds $12/month. I asked for a breakdown of the 2450 and he said it is for plates, doc fee, acq fee but does not include 1st payment. I'm assuming there must be some cap reduction in there, but I'm not sure.

I also think the money factor seems high for an 05 - I would think they would mark it down as there seem to be quite a few left in Phoenix

Sorry to be long winded, but any thoughts or help would be appreciated
  • chrisazchrisaz Member Posts: 10
    I guess it would help to say the monthly payment for the 12k is 475 + Tax

Thanks
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my impression is that that's a bad deal. I just leased a 2005 G35 sedan, fully-loaded (MSRP at $38,200) as follows:
    36 months, 10k miles/year
    $1250 down (included first month, bank fee, etc.)
    Monthly payment = $436 (INCL. tax)

As an aside, I was actually able to get the dealer to amortize the $1250 down into the monthly payment, giving a "sign and drive" 35-month payment amount of $472/month (incl. tax).

Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • ankaanka Member Posts: 1
    hi there,
    I'm looking to lease an Infinity G35 coupe with the premium package and nav.
    It's my first experience leasing the car, so forgive me if I sound silly :blush:
    What would be the average price difference between 2005 and 2006? I know it will depend on many factors, but is it really worth paying more for the lease of 06 vs 05?

I can obviously get a better deal on 2005's right now, but if to wait a month or two, will I be able to get a deal on 2006 better than it is now?

Thanks a lot for any advise :)
  • jh1234jh1234 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

I'm hoping you can help - I'm about to lease a 2005 G35 with the Premium Package and Navigation within the next day or two. Could you tell me what the residuals and money factors are for the different lease terms? Is it still worth getting a 2005 instead of a 2006 on a lease if I find a 2005 in the colo/package I want? Thanks so much!
  • jh1234jh1234 Member Posts: 2
    Oops - I meant to include that this is for a G35 sedan - not a coupe.
  • civcklrcivcklr Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I dont know if im getting a good deal with my credit score(602). MSRP is $39,000 Cap cost is $36,700...money factor is .0023...my drive off is $954 and my monthly payments are $588 w/tax. The depreciation is $14,612, plus RENT CHARGE of $4958(which I believe is finance charge from what I was told by finance) for a total base monthly payments of $19,571 amortized for 36 months. Finance told me this equates to 5.52% interest rate. But that really doesnt seem right to me at all!!!.

My question is am I getting the "bend over and grab your ankles" deal? Anyway of finding out if im truely getting that money factor aswell as that 5.52% that I was told. This is at Frontier Infiniti in Santa Clara, Ca.

Thank You,
    Romel
  • smoogdogsmoogdog Member Posts: 1
    I want a '06 G35 coupe with premium package, active steer, navigation, and aero. MSRP $40,250. I got my wife a fairly loaded 05 FX35 (Tech package, navigation, etc), so the dealer tells me they will really work with me on the Coupe. They claim they will give me the car at $500 over invoice. I don't want to put a single penny down on this lease. I never can really see the point in that.

What should I expect for 36 months and 12K per year on this car? Invoice is $36,797 so that puts the car at $37,597. My Experian credit score is 766, so I should qualify for an aggressive lease. I know that there is a security deposit and acquisition fee that together total $1,100. So, the total should be $38,597. They are offering the following:

39 months, 15K $655 month. This is just dishonest. But what is fair?
  • civcklrcivcklr Member Posts: 2
    smoogdog,

I was deal making for 3 days before they came down as low as they did for me. My experian fico is 602!!! and I'm driving off with $954 out of pocket. and my payments are $588/month w/tax. Your cap cost is only 897 more than mine! From my understand that buy down rate on a tier 1 credit score is .00215(money factor). Ask them what your money factor is.

Romel
  • infiknightinfiknight Member Posts: 2
    2005 G35 sedan AT premium c package
    15k/yr miles
    MSRP 35,100

$3199 down (incl. tax/first month pmt)
    $425/month (all inclusive)
    36 months

Am I paying too much?
  • befuzzledbefuzzled Member Posts: 2
    Hey board - here's a situation I'd like some thoughts on!

1)My potential trade in is worth about 6k and I owe 12k
    2)I drive about 23k a year in sales

I'm looking at the TL or the G35. Based on mileage,I'm wondering if I should go with a lease and buy miles up front, or should I buy straight out.

Second, with me being upside down on the car so bad, should I not even bring that into the lease/buy equation at the dealer as they will out leverage me from the get go?? Should I close the gap on that car and go in even-steven? Or should I just sell it on the open market and not even bring a trade to the game?

Any thoughts on this lousy situation??
  • lefty4lefty4 Member Posts: 6
    I'm also looking for money factors and residuals on 24 and 36 month leases for a G35X with 15k miles and 18k miles. With the new G35 being unveiled in April at the auto show, I'd like to avoid a 3 year lease.
  • mnrep2mnrep2 Member Posts: 200
    Unless you are driving a piece of junk; I'd keep it till your a little less upside down. With your kind of miles, I suggest purchase and have always done it that way.

I've been in the sales game for 25 years. I always look for a 1-3 year old model with 20K miles or so. Let someone else take the hit on depreciation.
  • befuzzledbefuzzled Member Posts: 2
    Thanks mnrep:

My car is a 2001 Saab 9-5 and is ok for the next 60 days. Selling it on the open market may be a challenge here in TX, but I'll give it a try. Your comments smartened me up and I'll be looking for a 2004 Acura TL and I'll be saving big $$ by not getting snaked into a new G35 or TL at the dealership.
  • mnrep2mnrep2 Member Posts: 200
    I think you misunderstood me. I meant for you to continue driving the Saab until what you owe on it is closer to what you can sell it for.

Why do you have to sell it in the next 60 days? If you can continue driving your current ride, you can save some $$ for the next one ;)
    Thanks for the additional information, Andy. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00217 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, Andy, while there certainly are exceptions to this rule depending upon what the lease program for the model that one is interested in is like, generally speaking the longer a lease is, the lower its monthly payment will be. I don't believe that the '05 G35 Sedan is an exception to this rule.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi earny99. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services in December for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00055 and interestingly enough 55%, respectively. Infiniti is still providing $1,000 dealer cash on this car this month, but this cash is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new car, cake97. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. I am sure that a lot of community members will find it helpful as a benchmark for the deals that they are negotiating.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome anka. The only silly questions about leasing are the ones that you don't ask :). It is a confusing subject and dealers often take advantage of consumers who don't understand exactly how it works. You definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

It is difficult for me to say exactly how much of a difference there will be between the lease payment for a 2006 and a 2005 G35 without doing some calculations. I can tell you exactly how much the difference will be if you provide me with MSRPs and selling prices for the '06 and '05 models that you are interested in. You can find information on the MSRPs by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of what the selling prices should be like by checking out this discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jh1234. The exact lease program for this car will vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now, I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Correct me if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan 2WD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00055 and 55%, respectively. Given the larger discount that dealers will likely be willing to provide on '05 G35s and the fact that its money factor is so much lower, I suspect that it will be cheaper to lease an '05 model than it will be to lease an '06 model right now. I can tell you just how much of a difference there is if you provide me with MSRPs and selling prices for the models that you are considering.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Romel. The F&I guy who told you that the .00230 lease money factor that you were quoted is equivalent to an interest rate of 5.52% was right on the money. You can calculate the interest rate equivalent of any lease money factor by multiplying it by 2400. Given your credit score, the money factor that you were quoted for this car looks very reasonable to me. The selling price that you were quoted for this car appears to be slightly over dealer invoice, which is a good deal as well. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal, assuming that the payment with tax is calculated correctly.

Car_man
    Host
    You're being smart by not putting any money down on your lease, smoogdog. That's definitely the way to go. $500 over invoice is a very reasonable deal for this car. You definitely will qualify for Infiniti Financial Services' top credit tier. I would be happy to estimate what your exact lease payment should be on this car and the fact that you know its selling price is a good starting point. I just need you to tell me its full MSRP. This number is necessary to calculate lease payments.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi infiknight. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

One thing that I notice about it right off the bat is the large down payment that you are making. You will have to pay things like your car's first month's payment at signing, but you should be able to roll any sort of taxes and the acquisition fee into its capitalized cost and should not make any sort of cap cost reduction. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your G35 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host