Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M37 M56 Lease Questions

Comments

• nrwaynenrwayne Member Posts: 45
    I now have five weeks to go on my current lease. I'd be interested in a 2011 M37x if the numbers work. My 2008 M35x, which is on a 24 month lease, is costing $550 plus tax. The MSRP was about $50,500 and if I recall correctly the net selling price on which the lease was based was about $2,500 below invoice. Although it'll be a couple of weeks before April numbers are available, I expect that the loyalty incentive, if there is one, may help make for a doable deal. I'm prepared to pay more, but not through the nose. My last two leases have both been for 24 months and I'd be interested in the same term for the new lease, especially since the Infiniti and other hybrids will be available within that time. Given the mpg of the M, I have little interest in subsidizing the gas companies as heavily as I have been over the last four years.
  • humble226humble226 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Car_man,

I don't suppose you have the complete lease rates for M37 and M56, in both regular, Sport, and AWD, for all of the lease terms? It's about time to dust off the 'ol spreadsheet again and see what makes the best deal. :)
  • lexusmonkeylexusmonkey Member Posts: 25
    In a related note Carman, do you know what the "Special Lease Deals" that Infiniti is offering on the new Ms? I'm looking for Money Factor and Residual on a M56.
    Mahalo
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Recently lease a car? A reporter wants to hear about the deal you struck. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Wed, Mar 24, 2010 with a few words about your negotiation and/or incentive deal.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I should have been more specific last night (too much wine).

I'm looking for MFs and Residuals on M56 and M56x for 36 or 39 months with 15K miles/year.

Thanks again
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    M56 36/15k = 56% (MF range between .00193 to .00465 depending on credit)
    M56 39/15k = 53% (MF range between .00185 to .00465)

M56x 36/15k = 55% (MF range between .00195 to .00465)
    M56x 39/15k = 52% (MF range between .00189 to .00465)
  • ram60ram60 Member Posts: 20
    Hello, I am rolling out of a 24 month lease on an 08 m35 sport /tech and just received the following offer.

2011 M 37 Premium Package with Nav MSRP $ 50,840
    Capitalized cost $45,888 (Includes all Owner Loyality inputs)
    Residual 55% Money Factor .00194 39 month term 15 k annual mileage

Turns out to be $620, per month plus Tax
    1 st month payment and Tag total out the door.

How does this deal compare with the Best and Brightest that have come across this forum? I prefer the 24 month lease but the dealer insist there is no longer such a thing.

Thanks in advance P.S. Does anyone have a handy spreedsheet for comparing the various lease combinations?
  • hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    In what state did you get such a deal? I thought they are not offering loyalties on the new M.

Please provide more info on the deal.

Thanks!
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I feel like a broken record.....but you should take advantage of Multiple Security Deposits to lower the mf by .0001 for each security deposit...up to 9. If your dealer says it's not offered, have him read his leasing manual. It is NOT a capitalized cost reduction paid up front...it is a security deposit refundable at the end of your lease.

I would be very surprised (shocked) if the 24 mo lease wasn't still available although it might not be the best deal. You should definitely have the dealer run both the 36 and 39 month cases though..,don't take the dealer's word that one is less than the other..,.because the residual and perhaps the mf change between the two terms.
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    OK, time for my dumb question of the month: Is the residual value calculated off of the MSRP, invoice, or actual price paid (if below invoice)?

Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Residual is always calculated as a percentage of MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lakincaidlakincaid Member Posts: 3
    I was just sent some numbers by SW Infiniti. Not sure, but the MF sounds a bit high considering the fact that my husband and I have excellent credit - in the saleman's word "bulletproof".

2011 M37 10,000 miles, 57%, with a MF of .00284

Is the MF high? I calculated it to be about 6.8%
    That quote was from Roswell Infiniti (770) 625-8500 working with their internet sales manager. It inclluded loaylity package for existing Infiniti owners.

I am still in play, will post final deal when it is done.

Thanks to all for feedback.
    Thanks for the feedback,

I followed up with the dealer and when pressed he clarified that the 24 month lease is available but in his view not the best deal.

I will pull together a comparison spreadsheet when the April numbers comes out. I used your security deposit idea when I leased my first M back on 06. It turned out to be a significant savings, although I did have to make the dealer read his leasing manual to find it!
  • e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71
    I know it is late in the month, but would you happen to know the 24 month and 36 month lease rates (MF and residual) for a 2010 M35x? Both with 12K miles.

I have a deal for one with 39 months/12K miles (posted earlier - got .00036 and 48%) and I wanted to see about changing the terms before I pick up tomorrow (to get into the new M faster).

Thank you.
  • stinger2stinger2 Member Posts: 4
    e325rkh maybe this will help and I would like to know what people think of this deal:

MSRP: $52435 (includes destination charge)
    Gross Cap: $49044
    Net Cap : $47718 (Down Payment of $2000 less 1st Month) deposit waived
    Residual: $24644 (47% MSRP)
    MF: .00036
    MO Sales Tax: 5.475%
    Term: 39 month @10,000 miles year
    He says pymt =$674
    I say = $617.69 + 33.82 Tax for mo pymt of $651.51
    Not far apart on totals but seems like he isn't coming off MSRP much, he says because of interest rate offered. What Think of his deal offer? Can buy for around $42K straight out.
    That's a pretty poor deal for a number of reasons.

1) If you can buy for $42K, then that's the number he should be using in the lease as your capitalized cost..
    2) I have no idea what "net capital" means...that number should be $42K
    3) You should not make any $2000 downpayment....,the number is $42K without your $2000....and it's a poor idea to make a down payment up front.
    4) use that $2000 to loan infiniti 3 multiple security deposits which will reduce your money factor to .00006....thus reducing your payments...and you get the money back at the end of the lease.

Payment sounds very high...you could probably lease a 2011 for that amount.
    Thank you. My final final deal is the same as above EXCEPT term changed to 36 months (MF of 0.00003). That brought my payment down to $500 per month including tax with $1000 due at signing (same items as above). That is for an advanced tech with MSRP of 55,445.

I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.
  • svhustlersvhustler Member Posts: 17
    36 Month 39 Month
    Tier 1 MF .00193 .00185
    Tier 2 MF .00262 .00255

15K Mile Residual - 56% 53%
    12K Mile Residual - 57% 54%
    10K Mile Residual - 58% 55%

Infiniti Lease Loyalty Cash = $1000

Has anybody leased one of these yet? If so, can you provide the details of your purchase?

I am working on one right now with a few local dealerships and will post my results. The best deal offered so far is only $1500 off MSRP.
    Hello Ram60,

You negotiated sales price was $45,888? This was with absolutely zero cap reduction correct? The first month's payment was actually for your first month's payment and not a down payment on the cap cost, correct? You just paid the registration/title fees out-of-pocket instead of rolling them into the lease, correct?

That looks like it would come out to a sales price of $579 below invoice on that car. Any furthur headway on this deal?
    I picked up my car this past Saturday. Here is the final:

2010 M35x with advanced tech, tech, spoiler, splash guards and carpeted trunk mat, trunk net, wheel locks. The MSRP was $55,705. My cap cost was $42,914 ($12,791 off MSRP). This was with VPP, lease loyalty and $4,151 additional dealer discount).

For a 36 month/12K mile lease (MF 0.00003 and residual 49%) my monthly came to $500 per month, inclusive of NYS taxes (8.625%). My total due at signing was $1,000 (1st month's payment, $240 DMV for new plates, $75 doc fee, $12.50 tire disposal fee, $172.50 for taxes on loyalty cash).

Hope this helps. Great car (my 5th Infiniti). I do expect to get out of the lease early when the deals on the M37x reaches typical bad economy levels.
    I'm leasing a M56 with 15K miles. I got $2500 off MSRP, $1000 Loyalty, .00193 and 57% residual. The only downside is I got it out of state and have to pick it up and drive 1100 miles home.
    Hi, @lexusmonkey -

How long was your term? 24 months? 36 months? 39 months?

What was the final capitalized cost on which the lease was based?

What is your monthly payment?

Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi humble226. Here's the new April info. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M37 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00188 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top two credit tiers (credit score of 690+). The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00194 and 55%.

Here's the numbers for the rest of the models:

'11 M37 AWD: .00196 / 58% for 36 months & .00185 / 55% for 39 months
    '11 M56 2WD: .00193 / 56% & .00185 / 53%
    '11 M56 AWD: .00195 / 55% & .00189 / 52%

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Mahalo lexusmonkey. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Going with multiple security deposits is a very good idea, ghstudio.

Infiniti Financial Services does indeed still offer 24 month leases...however Infiniti is no longer supporting them. If you opt to go with a two year lease, the money factor jumps to .00240 (top credit tier). If I was in the market for an M right now, I personally would go with a 36 or 39 month lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You are absolutely right, lakincaid. Tat money factor is way too high. If your credit is in good shape, a score of 690 or higher, then you should qualify for Infiniti's best available rates.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M37 with 10,000 miles per year are .00194 and 57%, respectively.

Make sure that whatever dealer you work with uses this factor to calculate your payment. If this dealer isn't willing to do so, try shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the latest info for you, e325rkh. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 M35x with 12,000 miles per year are .00255 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are a much more attractive .00003 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man. I ended up doin the 36 month with the same lease terms you quoted and about $13K off MSRP. Very happy!
  • hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    Did anyone get any quotes from the dealers? I received a quote for a 2011 m37 with sport and premium packages
    39 months
    10k miles a year
    $1,500 due at signing
    $645 a month.

I dont have any figures on what he based this payment on. It seems a little high, but No one on the North east (new york) have m37 sport. Dealers say "due to our weather we only order m37x. if you want sport, we can order and you can wait 3 months for it"

Thoughts?
  • andrewiandrewi Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 39 month lease on a 2011 M37 (premium package) with 12k miles. The dealerships "best offer" is $662 month with $5k down (they are kicking in $1k in loyalty dollars). I have leased from this dealer 2x (currently have a G35 due end of June). I also have very strong credit (765+). I was told the money factor is about .002? I am fine with the dealership making money but don't want to get bent in the process. PLEASE HELP
    You should not have to pay more than $500 over invoice, even if it's a new 2011...and then deduct the $1000 loyalty credit. (remember the dealer also gets that "administrative fee" plus the "dealer holdback" as pure profit...so don't feel bad.
    Don't worry too much about your salesman getting nothing. Most dealers have a "minimum" commission for their salesmen...so he'll get $250 or more, no matter what you pay.

You should never put money down on a lease. If you have $5000 to use for a down payment, apply that, instead, to make multiple security deposits which will reduce the money factor (interest) that you pay...and you will get the $5000 back at the end of the lease. It's a much better...and much safer deal than giving infiniti the money up front. (the danger with a down payment is that if you total your car or it is stolen, they will keep that $5000 instead of paying the gap insurance...and you lose the $5K).
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    edited April 2010
    Like me, for instance.

Giving an additional grand or two off for owning a brand (Infiniti) just indicates that there is that much additional wiggle room (margin) in the deal, or the cost TO the dealer. Wonder if one could negotiate it out of the deal. It would have to come from Infiniti, I believe.

Why should I be required to underwrite loyalty incentives for others? This has always pissed me off, and has kept me from seriously considering an Infiniti. I guess it's a consequence that Infiniti has factored in, and they believe it creates more sales than it loses.

I disagree and believe it discourages first time buyers, for whatever it's worth.
    Hi svhustler,

The $45,888 in my deal was the Cap Cost used for the leasing calculation. I know that it included the Loyalty reduction and I am unclear on the specifics for the remainder of the cap reduction.

I have a June 1 turn back date for my current lease and thus have decided to watch the market for a bit longer. Traditionally the deals get better as you get deeper into the summer.
    Based on recent threads, I am also planning on looking at the 2010 lease option. With many folks getting 10 k or better off of MSRP the deal looks compelling.

Good Luck in your hunt!
    Ram60,

I think that is a good plan! My lease on my 2007 M45 ended on February 19th but I extended it two months to April 19th to give myself more time to check out my options (2011 M56 or 2010 Mercedes E550). The Mercedes dealers are willing to go $2000 under invoice but Infiniti dealers are barely budging off MSRP on the M56. I am going to extend my lease another two months (June 19th) to hopefully get a better deal as the initial wave of inventory is bought and the lots start filling up!
  • nrwaynenrwayne Member Posts: 45
    My dealer just called with number for a 2011 M37x. For a 36-month lease, 15K miles, the monthly would be $710 (including 6% CT tax) plus $1300 down. Since I'm currently paying $585 for a 2008 M35x, I'm less than thrilled at the thought of coughing up another $135 a month for the newer model. The dealer says to wait a few months and hope that either Infiniti becomes more aggressive or a low-mileage demo will become available, in which case the monthly would be a lot closer to what I'm paying now.
    So here's the deal you should get on the M37x with premium package, mats and splash guards. $627/mo. including 6% tax Offer $500 over invoice, then subtract the $1000 loyalty money. No down payment....instead make a security deposit of $5400 in 9 multiple security deposits (which you get back). Roll all other costs (dealer admin fee, bank fees, ...) into the payments except registration fees which you have to pay up front....so your first month's payment is $627+registration fees.

Here are the finances...total cost for 36 months:

Base case (as presented by the dealer)....$26860

My financials without Multiple Security Deposits: $25300

With Multiple Security Deposits: $22572

Note: with the MSD case, you have tied up $5400 of your money in the "loan" to infiniti.....but you have saved $2728. I know, you could have had that $5400 in the bank and earned interest..let's say 4% (good luck today)....you would earn about $674 on that money in the bank.....but you saved $2728 on your lease. I know, you could invest that $5400, but you would have to earn almost 14% to equal the savings that Infiniti is offering you.

The only negotiating you are doing here is setting the purchase price of the car at $500 over invoice before the loyalty money. You don't have to negotiate any of the other numbers....just tell them no money down...9 multiple security deposits and send them off to calculate.

Good luck

Let us know how it goes.
    If anyone is interested I made a little Excel spreadsheet for calculating Infiniti leases, complete with an accurate MSD formula. I've used this on my last 2 M45 leases, and minus the tax calculation (which is unique per state, but gives you a rough idea of what you'll be paying) is accurate to the penny. :)

You'll need to populate it with current MF/Residual/Term data of course, the area on the right is just my scratch pad for those details..

http://www.e-gerbil.net/infiniti-lease.xls
  • pwelshpwelsh Member Posts: 2
    My 2007 M35X lease is up end of this month. My dealer seems less than enthusiastic about working with me. My credit score is over 800. I am a single female and don't want to think I am getting taken, but feel that maybe I am. I travel alot in my job and drive less than 7000 miles per year. I paid way too much for my 15k miles lease since I will have less than 20k miles on it when I turn it in. The residual pay off is $27,517. I followed your advice and gave the Infiniti 9 security deposits = $4800. I will get all but $110 of that back. I think that if I get another Infiniti M, I should probably purchase the 2010 model. What negotiating room do I have? My current M has all the bells and whistles available on a 2007 model. I would like to keep same in a 2010 model. What I really want is the 2012 M hybrid. But obviously my timing stinks! Got any good suggestions? Should I go for a Lexus RH 400h instead? Thanks.
    Great spread sheet...thanks. There's one error that can creep in....some dealers agree on the cost of the car and then add their "administrative fee".....so you have to be careful that the capitalized cost includes whatever costs the dealer is packing on.

Why did you put $1000 in the capitalized cost reduction...or is that the way you handled the loyalty discount? I would add a line for rebates/loyalty discounts/marketing money, just for clarity.
    Yes that's where I stuck the loyalty discount, adjust it however you'd like (I've never had anyone try to stick me with extra administrative fees fortunately). My lease isn't up until July so I haven't really started digging into new numbers yet, I just populated it with some example numbers and an assumption that you could get invoice+$1000 even today. Wait until summer and the numbers should be even better. My current '08 M45 was invoice - $2000 loyalty on a 24mo bought down to 0.24% APR with MSDs, gonna be hard to top that one. :)
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    My current '08 M45 was invoice - $2000 loyalty on a 24mo bought down to 0.24% APR with MSDs, gonna be hard to top that one.

Wow, you are one strong player. Invoice. Whoohoo. Man you go for the jugular. You leave dealer holdback and dealer retro incentives on the table. You go, ghstudio. Wow. you are too strong for me. Invoice and loyalty money. Whoop de doo. And then you think you are super strong negotiator with the MSD stuff. Whoa big daddy. Please.
    ltcadvisor...you should always negotiate your own deals, and you don't have to use anything you find here.

Many post giving examples of what they were able to negotiate ...and I've tried to educate on the financial advantage of using MSD'S, if you can afford to do so.

Just for the record, MSD's aren't negotiated at all....they are just part of the Infiniti leasing program, you can elect to use that feature or not, and they have absolutely nothing to do with the deal you negotiate with your dealer other than changing the Money Factor that he plugs into the computer.

It would be great if you could help us all negotiate a better deal.....but I don't see any constructive suggestions in your post....
  • jets613jets613 Member Posts: 8
    Car_man: Were the rates you posted on April 2nd good for the whole month? Is it still .00003 and 49% for a 36 month lease?
    Itcadviser - what was the point of your post? Were you trying to offer something constructive and helpful and just didn't write it very well, or were you truly trying to be sarcastic and mean?

Perhaps you meant to write, "Remember, humble226 and ghstudio - you can sometimes negotiate below invoice due to dealer holdback and retroactive incentives from the manufacturer" as an educated, well-mannered adult would have responded.

If your post #1586 from 2008 is indicative of your negotiating skills, I'm not that impressed if we're trying to be competitive here.

But we're not competing here - we're all here trying to help each other out, not belittle those who provide valuable information and helpful tools like ghstudio's spreadsheet.
    You're very welcome, e325rkh. That's a heck of a discount. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jets613. Yes, I believe that the lease program that I mentioned at the beginning of April is scheduled to run through May 3rd. While no one knows for certain what will happen next month, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if its current program was extended.

Car_man
    Host
  • jets613jets613 Member Posts: 8
    Car Man: Thanks! The dealership I went to says that if I lease the car, they get $2500 less in incentives from Infiniti so if I buy the car, they can give me 11k off of MSRP but for a lease only 8.5k off of MSRP. Does that make sense?
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    USAA non-military member price for the M56 is 800 over invoice, for the M37, its 900 over invoice and for the M35, its 8500 under invoice.

By the way, the tech package on mercedes falls short of the infiniti. The lane assist on MBs is terrible. Voice command just plain disfunctional with too many redundancies. For example, to call Joe in an M class, you simply program joe and say Call Joe. You are done. In the Mercedes, you have to say Call name, "what name please", Joe, "is this the correct name", YES!!, ok, call joe. MBZ offers MSD, but not nearly as sweet a deal as infiniti. MBZ has a long way to go to catch the M in tech.
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2010
    I apologize for being sarcastic. Bottom line is quit thinking that invoice is the holy grail of a deal. That is what a dealer wants you to think so it can work "up from invoice." Car buyers need to understand that dealers are all compensated holdback (2%-3%) as well as dealer retroactive incentives based upon units sold in a given time period, usually monthly; but there may also be quarterly and annual objectives.

Typically, a good rule of thumb would be to use a capitalized cost of $2200 back of invoice NOT INCLUDING any available customer loyalty money, available incentives or dealer rebates ALSO applicable for the deal.

My best advice for gaining control of a lease negotiation is to first contact Infiniti and ask for a lease extension, maybe 90 days. Then, as your lease is nearing its initial end, contact at least 2 local dealers, and maybe even an out-of-town dealer that is within driving distance. Ask for the Sales Manager. Let him know that your lease is expiring, and you wish to re-lease an Infiniti, but only if the capitalized cost is agreeable. I would make contact with the Sales Manager on the 20th of the month. Typically, the Manager will make you an offer. let him know you are shopping around and will think abaout it. I would then follow up with each Sales Manager on the 27th of the month. Let him know that you are still interested but his initial deal is running in 3rd place out of 3 dealers. Ask him if he would like to get in the race. Typically, the best deal will be offered on the last day of the month if the dealer is "in the money" or is close to hitting it's number. If you have 3 dealers bidding for your services, you should get one dealer to get real down and dirty. If each dealer tells you that you are crazy, send Infiniti a monthly payment to extend your lease for 30 days and touch base with the dealers again the following month to see if they wish to play ball again. By extending your lease at least 90 days, you won't feel the pressure to have to get the deal done the month your lease is expiring. It will give you enough time to make a dealer come to your terms.

Once you feel you have a competitive bid, you will know it's a winning deal when your other 2 dealers all decline to beat the deal.

The best advice I can give everyone is to
    1) Make contact with the New Car Sales Manager, and deal with him directly. Do not waste time with a sales person. and
    2) Negotiate your deal from your office. Do not negotiate the deal while you are sitting in the car dealership. At the dealership, the dealer has the control, and your emotions get in the way.

Sorry for my earlier mean post.