Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M37 M56 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello nandu112. Infiniti Financial Services' 36 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 M37x with 10,000 miles per year are .00169 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00169 and 50%.

The only cash incentive, other than a volume-based dealer cash promotion, that is available on this car right now is $1,000 owner loyalty cash on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • 12vman12vman Member Posts: 9
    Car Man,

What are the August base rates and residuals for a 2012 M37? Could you provide standard and top credit? Do you know what the threshold for top credit is?

Thanks!
    Here you go 12vman. Infiniti Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 M37 with 15,000 miles per year are .00158 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure what the exact credit score cutoff for this program is.

Car_man
    Host
  • ashn888ashn888 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car_Man,

Would you please tell me what the money factor and residual rate would be for a 2012 M37X w/premium package, 39 month, 17k mile/year?

Thanks!
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    59% of the MSRP for 15k then subtract (.10 per mile x 6500 extra miles) $650.

MF will range from .00169 to .00563 (MAX) depending on credit. I would use .00211 to figure payments. Infiniti uses the .00169 to advertise payments on line and on TV but you have to have a 740+ to get that normally.....
  • ashn888ashn888 Member Posts: 14
    thank you!
  • hendo44hendo44 Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up a 2012 M37x awd Deluxe touring package with aluminum alloy wheel option. MSRP $59203. I turned in my 2009 FX35 two months early and here is the deal I got.

39 months, 15000 miles per year, $0 down, $735 due at signing

$590.01 per month!

This is the same price I was paying on my FX35 that I put $4000 down and was stickered at $46k.
    I think this is pretty good deal, what does anyone else think?
    Here you go ashn888. Infinifi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 M37X with 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease-signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • golflawyer1golflawyer1 Member Posts: 4
    It sounds like a terrific deal. Where did you get it? I'd like to go there too.
  • jsf721jsf721 Member Posts: 20
    I am currently in an 08 M35X looking to get into a M37X Can someone let me know the rebates/incentives availible as well as the money factor and residual for a 39 month lease with 18K?

How do I calculate the lease payment given the above?

Looking for a Premium/deluxe touring/tech car. What monthly payments are you guys seeing on a sign and drive?
  • jsf721jsf721 Member Posts: 20
    How can I calculate the monthly payment myself if I have the MF, # months, residual?

Do I use the MSRP or the neotiated price? How to I add sales tax? is there an on-line calculator?

If you can provide the MF, and rsiduals for an M37X for 39 months and 15 ans 18K? I would appreciate it.
  • infiniti_man1infiniti_man1 Member Posts: 3
    $56,325 MSRP$52,336 Cap Cost (this includes $700 aquisition fee)$33,795 - Residual 60%12,000 Miles39 Months$1,000 Down Payment - Loyalty credit from InfinitiSales Tax 6%$200 Tags$599 Doc fee$70 Rental Surcharge feeExcess Millage $.25/mile.Are these variables ALL correct?
    What is my monthly?
    How much do I have to give to drive off? 1st month only?
    Can I get a better Cap?
    Do I put more security deposits and if so how many and how does it affect any variables in my formula?
    Any additional suggestions to get a better deal?

Thank you
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    There are lease calculators on the net, but I finally wrote my own. I'll run the numbers for you if you post what I need. length of lease, MSRP of car, negotiated price for car, money factor, any dealer admin fees, loan origination fee and local tax rate. Some states charge taxes on the whole car up front...I can't handle those. I won't do a calculation if you are putting money down on the car to reduce monthly payments, because it's a terrible idea.

Residual is based on MSRP (car sticker). Sales tax is added on at the end...and some of the incidental fees are taxed (I don't bother with those calculations).
  • infiniti_man1infiniti_man1 Member Posts: 3
    61% residual
    Money factor .00159
    Cap cost 51600
    Fees are paid by me upfront
    780 + 1st month
    Tax 6%
    12k miles
    36 months

Thank u
  • psylencepsylence Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    So i am looking at two cars right now,

Keep in mind I currently have a 2009 FX50S fully loaded
    The dealer is willing to buy it out for $39,898, the car buyout price is $38,804 i also currently have $8k security deposit on it. They would carry over the security deposit to the new car as well as the equity in the FX to the new car. Are these good deals?

The lease payments would be with 10k miles

The 2012 M37S w/ Sport Touring, Premium, and sport packages as well as the aerodynamic kit
    MSRP is $58,695
    It is a dealer demo with 504 miles on it.

I was given the quote of $577 a month with $8,206 security deposit and $1,200 (minus 1k customer loyalty $2,100 orig)

Or

2012 M37X w/ premium package and the aerodynamic kit
    MSRP is $55,760

I was given the quote of $544 a month with $7,700 security deposit and $1,200 (minus 1k customer loyalty $2,100 orig)
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    61% residual
    Money factor .00159
    Cap cost 51600
    Fees are paid by me upfront
    780 + 1st month
    Tax 6%
    12k miles
    36 months

Your monthly payment should be $652.55. However, are you sure that 780 cover all the cost? there is an acquisition fee that I think is 550 for Infiniti and the DMV tag (depending on your state but 230 for a brand new 60k car seem to be very low).

If you want to figure out the lease youself. The formular is:

Residual = MSRP*residual factor
    = 56324*0.61
    = 34358

depreciation = (cap cost - residual)/length of lease
    = (51600-34358)/36
    Rent = (cap cost + residual)*money factor
    = (51600+34358)*0.00159

monthly payment = depreciation + rent
    total payment = (depreciation + rate)*(1+sale tax rate)

Good luck
    Hi jsf721. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 M37X Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

The following article describes how to use this data to calculate a payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • abdocabdoc Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,
    Can you please tell me the September MF, residual on 2012 M37x, 36 month and 39 month, 10K miles/month?
    Thanks.
    I certainly can abdoc. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 M37x with 10,000 miles per year are .00153 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00169 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigcris76bigcris76 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    Hello Car_man,

I am hoping for a bit of insight from you, I am a novice when it comes to leasing and right now I feel like I don't really have the time to read up so I can become well informed on the topic. This leaves me with one other choice, which is to try to replicate some of the deals other members here have gotten and which were considered "great".

One earlier post here mentions a deal someone got on a 2011 M37x Premium lease for 39 months for a total of $2000 down ( Including bank fees, etc...) and $530/month with the taxes included in these numbers as well. The mileage was 10k/year.

Now, I do understand 2011's are no longer available and that deal was somewhere in Pennsylvania, while I am in the NYC area. But I was simply wondering, is that something I could hope to have matched by a local dealer here in NY?

And if your answer is no, then what would YOU consider a great deal that could be had for the month of October in NY on a 2012 Premium M37x 39 months lease with 10k miles / year?

I am looking to lease in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks so much and I hope I made at least a bit of sense here ....

P.S. I drive about 5 to 7k miles per year, but I see that Infiniti does not offer leases with less than 10k/year. Is there any way for me to use this to my advantage at the time of bargaining in order to bring the price down? Thanks again
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    , is that something I could hope to have matched by a local dealer here in NY?

You can try. But all car deal are local. It all depend on your local dealers inventory and how much they need to sell the next car. The best way to insure you get the best deal is to send email (or call whichever way work best for you) to all the dealers in your area. If you only have one or two dealers around where you live, you are out of luck trying to get the best deal. Normally the best deal is available in locations where there are a lot of competition (e.g S. California).

I drive about 5 to 7k miles per year, but I see that Infiniti does not offer leases with less than 10k/year. Is there any way for me to use this to my advantage at the time of bargaining in order to bring the price down?

No, not when you try to negotiate for the lease. Manufacturer and dealer really don't care how many miles you drive so long as you fit their program and they charge you. However, before you turn in your lease, you can always try to sell you car to a local dealer and see if you can get a better price than your lease termination price (e.g. if your residual for the lease is $35000 and you local dealer is willing to pay $36000 for you car. He will give you $1000 and send $35000 to infiniti financial to purchase the car. ) if you want to go that route, M is not for you. you need to get a really popular car to pull this off (e.g. a BMW or a Mercedes or a Lexus.. Depending on how popular each brand in your city). I leased an M37 for 10 months now and I only saw one other M in N. California.. M is not a very popular new car and it won't be a popular used car... Good luck..
    Thanks a lot topgun7, that didn't answer all my questions, but sure gives me some good tips to get started on my car hunt. It's just too bad that a lot of dealers don't seem to take you very seriously when on the phone or over email, and always keep insisting that you show up in person in order for them to offer their best deals. Thanks a lot, will keep looking, and will post when I finally get something.
    Hi bigcris76. Getting a good deal on a lease is actually not that difficult. In short, the easiest way to get a good deal is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If I was in the market for this car in the New York area, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 (preferably towards the lower side) over dealer invoice You can look up the exact invoice price of the vehicle that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you have agreed upon a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your payment using a money factor of .00031 (39 months).

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks a lot Car man, that's exactly what i need, a bit of info to put me on the right track. Will go to the dealer and see what deal I can get, then will try to use the money factor you mentioned. Thanks again, Chris
  • rico44rico44 Member Posts: 1
    39 mon th , 10K miles per year lease being offered , 0 down payment, taxes included in monthly payment is $600 per month. Is this a good deal? If not, what would be a good deal on this car. Am new to leasing. Thanks.
    You're very welcome Chris.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rico44. It would be much easier to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this car's MSRP and selling price. Do you have these numbers?

Car_man
    Host
  • kevin806kevin806 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently midway through a lease on 2010 G37 and would like to upgrade to an Infiniti M56. Before I approached the dealership that I did the original lease with, I was curious to know whether anyone has had any luck negotiating the early lease termination based on upgrading to a more expensive vehicle through the same dealership. If it is going to cost me an arm and a leg extra because of the early termination, I am not even going to try. If anyone has tried this before, I would like to know your experience. Any and all advise is welcomed.

Thanks
  • siennaleasersiennaleaser Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have the residual and money factor numbers from IFS for November on an M37, for 36 and 39 months, respectively?

Thanks in advance.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, siennaleaser. Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 M37 with 15,000 miles per year are .00017 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00026 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2011
    Hello again,

After I have gotten some tips from Car man and others I have still decided to bargain for my car the "beginner" way, I have simply bargained for the down payment and monthly payments. I hope to hear from you guys that it wasn't a terrible deal... ha ha :

2012 M37x with premium and Deluxe touring packages
    MSRP a little over 58K ( that's what dealer was saying, but seems about right)
    I am paying $2200 which includes first month's payment, bank fees and other fees
    DMV fees separate
    $600/month including NY taxes for 39 months 10k per year

I hope they haven't made THAT MUCH money off of me !! Thanks guys
    I should mention that this was my very first lease and I did not qualify for any additional discounts, like I have seen some here get a loyalty discount...etc...
  • chefdlrschefdlrs Member Posts: 1
    Wanted your opinions on whether this is a good deal or not

2012 M37s with premium package

Sticker Price: $56,563
    Discount $4,930
    Rebate $1,000

$5,500 down for 39 months @ .00026 (15,000 miles) = $523 plus tax = $557 per month

Any feedback is appreciated.
  • rick_j11rick_j11 Member Posts: 2
    Found this forum useful and thought I would post my deal, which seemed pretty decent:

2012 M37x with premium package (came with about $800 in other options, ie illuminated kick plates, carpeted trunk mat, splash guards - seemed most cars came with this)
    39 mo, 12000 miles
    $3000 out of pocket (really $4000, but had $1000 in loyalty)
    $529/mo (includes all taxes)
  • js2012js2012 Member Posts: 4
    Looking at a 2012 M37x with premium package MSRP of $54,825.

24 mo, 10k miles
    $4,500 Total due at signing incl tax, tags, title, cap reduc and 1st month
    $518/mo (includes tax @7.75%)

Thoughts?
  • jabatjabat Member Posts: 9
    Car Man,

Could you tell me what the February lease rates and residual % are for 36 and/or 39 month programs at 15k miles?

thanks
  • cnewhousecnewhouse Member Posts: 20
    It will be good to verify with Car Man but I was told the other night at dealer, .00009 (<.25%) for mf and 49% residual. They monkey with the mf and residual. Thi sis for 3 yrs 15k per yr. The residual had been 51%.
  • jabatjabat Member Posts: 9
    I got the same number for mf and residual.

Would you happen to know what should be the value of miles in dollars going from a 15k to 12k for a 39 month lease?

thanks
    I'd be happy to help you out jabat. Infiniti Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 M37 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00009 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • lfgflalfgfla Member Posts: 5
    Car_man-
    I am looking to price a 2012 M37x 39mo/15k yr.
    Can you advise. We all appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    Hi lfgfla. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 M37X with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 49%, respectively.

Negotiate a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible and then have the dealer calculate your payment using these numbers.

Car_man
    Host
  • eusshkreusshkr Member Posts: 25
    Are there any lease numbers available for the M35 hybrid? I took a test drive at the dealer yesterday and was impressed with the performance of the car (felt better than my M37). Looking to strike a deal for lease. The MSRP on the car is about 58K, not sure how much willing the dealer is to reduce the price since there are only 6 cars available in the region right now.
  • mattdkmattdk Member Posts: 2
    CAR_MAN please take a look at this deal and if u can tell me if this is a good offer
    555 $ A month for 39 months with $0 Down/$0 Security for M37X
    Details

MSRP: $54825. Lease: $0 Dwn Pyt. + $555 1st Mo. Pyt. + $700 Bank Fee + $0 Sec Dep. = $1255 Due At Incep; Ttl. Pyts: $21645; Residual: $28509. Mi. allow: 10,000 mi./yr. 25¢ mi. thereafter. Price includes $1000 previous owner loyalty to qualified buyers only. See dealer for details on how to qualify. Tax, reg , DMV, and fees extra.

Do you think i can negotiate further, tho numbers look really good.

Thank you in Advance
    There certainly is eusshkr. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 M35h with 15,000 miles per year are .00023 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Infiniti recently announced that it is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mattdk. Do you happen to know this car's selling price? I ask because the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. This number makes it much easier to see how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    Car Man,
    Can you post the lease numbers for a M37x for 36 and 39 months at 10,000 miles a year?

I just left the dealership and they stated that 39 months is the "sweet spot" for Infiniti leases.

I'm eligible for Loyalty Cash, is it best to use that as part of my payment (cap cost reduction) or take it off of the selling price of the car?

Also, are there any other incentives available on this car?
    The dealer mentioned that we might be able to use Conquest Cash.
    How much would that be and how is it applied (off sales price or off of payment)?
    Thanks!
    Did you pull the trigger on this deal? Sounds like an awesome offer.
    I got an offer today on a M37x with Premium and illuminated door sills.
    Details:
    MSRP $54,555
    Sales price: $50,780
    Residual $28,561
    39 month lease @ 10,000 miles per year
    $588/month
    $ 2300 down at closing which includes $1000 loyalty cash

Looks like a good deal but I'm having a hard time confirming the MF and residual rate so I'd appreciate some feedback from you guys.

Thanks
    Sure richardnva. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 M37x with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00020 and 50%.

I agree that the 39-month term is probably the most attractive term to lease this car for right now.

Using the loyalty cash as a capitalized cost reduction or having it subtracted from your car's selling price basically accomplish the same thing.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. Make sure to take it into account as well when negotiating your deal.

I don't think that the conquest cash is available on this model any longer.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks.
    I was able to get into a deal with no cash down and under $600/month. I have had the car for a week now and love it.

Thanks for your help.
    Regards,
    Richard
    You're very welcome Richard. Congratulations on getting your new M. Thank you for taking the time to stop back and let us know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host