Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing an Infiniti QX56. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• schutzhund1schutzhund1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I am looking at the BMW X5 4.4i and this car, the QX56.....does anyone know what to expect for a great deal on a lease? Down payment and monthly payment? I can wait so time is in my favor if someone knows that Infinity is going to have a good/great lease deal in the coming months.....

Thanks to everyone for their help, Mark
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Mark. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of down payment. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your QX56 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

It is difficult to predict what manufacturers' future lease programs will be like with any degree of accuracy, but I can tell you how much it would cost to lease the truck that you are interested in right now if you let me know how long you want to lease it for, how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, its full MSRP, and an approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigkev7000bigkev7000 Member Posts: 23
    Can you run the number on a QX56 full loaded with Edmunds Price of $48773 plus 8.25% sale tax. Thanks
    Hello bigkev7000. I would be happy to calculate a sample lease payment on the QX56 that you are interested in for you. However in order for me to do so I need some additional informaiton from you first, including how long you want to lease it for, how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, and its full MSRP (with the destination charge added in). Let me know and I will let you know.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigkev7000bigkev7000 Member Posts: 23
    The MSRP is 53,430 that number includes destination. I would lease for 36 months 15000 miles per year
  • tarynlynnietarynlynnie Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm looking at leasing a 2005, 4x4, QX56, dvd,sunroof with deflector, cargo mats, painted splash guards. The msrp is $55,230, my price $51,496. For 24 months the driveoffs are $1376.29, monthly payment of $966.54. For 36 months the driveoffs are $1295.98, monthly $866.23. This is in the Southern CA area. Miles are 15,000 per year. Really looking forward to your feedback. I've been dragging my feet on this and need to make a decision! Thanks in advance!
  • tarynlynnietarynlynnie Member Posts: 2
    HOST, you don't need to figure out the above lease for me. I made a decision. I'm new to this forum. I'm just wondering what the normal response time is from a HOST? Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Our board is primarily for members to exchange information - if a host can answer the question, sometimes he/she will, but there's no guaranteed response time.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Thanks for the additional information, bigkev7000. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a full loaded 2005 Infiniti QX56 with an MSRP of $53,430 and a selling price of $48,773 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $706.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tarynlynnie. You are being quoted a $3,700 discount on a car that probably has a spread of around $4,200 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. This looks like a reasonable discount to me. Using the prices that you were quoted and Infiniti's actual lease program, I estimate that this truck should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $805 for 24 months and $732 for 36 months, both with 15,000 miles per year. I'm not sure why the payments that you were quoted are so much higher than this. Sales tax definitely would make up for part of the difference, but I doubt that it is the reason for all of it. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factors of .00177 for 24 months and .00159 for 36 months to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • bldavisbldavis Member Posts: 3
    So, if I am being quoted a 39 month lease of $927 for a 2006 QX56 FULLY loaded literally, with $1500 down...I should look to another dealer, or does this seem fair to you? Seems too high to me, even for the 06?? The lease does have 15000 miles, and they are quoting a sales price of $55485. Any thoughts???
    I am beign quoted a sales price of $55485 for an 06 QX with every option, dvd, etc. minus the intell cruise control. Lease for 39 months with 15000 miles come out to $925 a month with $1500 down. Seems WAY too high for me, any thoughts out there? I have always paid cash for cars so leasing is new to me? HELP.
    I will take you up on that offer. So you are saying I should NOT pay the $1500 down I proposed to them, and get a new deal. They quoted me a "marked down" sales price of $55,485 on an 06 Qx56, leasing with 15000 miles for 39 months at $925 per month. I think this is too high....any thoughts?

Brian in Charlotte, NC (Infiniti of Charlotte)
  • linda17linda17 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to leasing and want not to make a mistake. I am looking at an 06 loaded Q56 with a msrp of 56,000 and invoice of 51,829. I can do a lease of 36-42 months if there is an advantage to one over another. I can do 12,000 miles per year. What should I look to get in a lease price and payment? Thanks
    Hi bldavis. It is difficult for me to comment on the lease payment that you were quoted without knowing this truck's full MSRP (including its destination charge). This is an important number because it shows me how much of a discount you are being given and it enables me to estimate what this truck's lease payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome linda17. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

None of the lease terms that you mentioned, 36, 39, or 42 months, stand out to me as having a significantly more attractive lease program than the others. The main difference will be that the longer you lease this truck for, the lower your monthly payment will be. This is because new vehicles experience their most rapid depreciation during the first year of ownership. Lessees who lease for long terms are able to spread out this large initial depreciation hit out over a large number of payments and usually have a lower monthly payment than if they had entered into a short lease. I am not personally all that familiar with how much consumers are paying for this truck lately. This will vary depending upon how much competition for your business there is in your area. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck by looking at how much other community members have recently paid for one in the following discussion: KarenS, "Infiniti QX56: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 4 Mar 2004 2:23 pm.

For now, let's assume that you get this truck for $1,500 over invoice and decide to lease it for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year. According to my calculations, that would result in a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $777.

Car_man
    Host
  • mlivelymlively Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to clarify - seems that some believe that no downpayment means nothing down at closing. My understanding is nothing down means nothing down in addition to the bank fee, tag, title and deposit. Am I correct?
    Hi mlively. When I advise community members not to make any down payment when leasing, I am referring to not making any sort of capitalized cost reduction, rather than not paying any money at lease signing. Most banks require consumers to pay their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, a lease acquisition fee (IFS charges $550), and any required state taxes or fees at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • mlivelymlively Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man. That is what I thought you were advising, just thought that some of the other posts were confused.

BTW, I just got numbers from our dealer tonight with regards to a 36 and 39 month lease with 18K miles. The money factor was .00254 for both and residual of $28,055.88 and $27,444.66 respectively.

The MSRP is $53,622 and selling price is $51,922

The payment with tax would be $899.73 on the 39 month lease ($848.80 plus tax of $50.93 per month) with the 18,000 miles per year. Total due on delivery is $1,663.22 (first payment, bank fee $550, registration fee $176.50, and up front sales tax of $36.99).

The 36 month, 18,000 mile lease, again using the same capitalized cost of $51,922, is $940.39 per month including tax ($887.16 plus $53.23 sales tax per month) with $1,703.88 due on delivery. The money factor for 36 months is .00254 and the residual is 52% or $28,055.88.

Does this sound right as I have seen much lower money factors. They have not run a credit check as of yet but I am at a Beacon Score of 793 at this time, so credit will not be an issue.

Thanks in advance :)
    No problem mlively. The lease money factor that you were quoted looks a little high to me. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a lease of a 2006 QX56 AWD is .00208 for 36 months and .00205 for 39 months. It looks to me as though the dealer that you are working with is marking your truck's money factor up. Neither of the two typical innocent reasons for why the money factor that you were quoted is higher apply here because your credit score is definitely good enough to qualify for IFS' top credit tier and Infiniti is waiving its security deposit requirement on leases at no charge this month. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses the buy rate to calculate your truck's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • shd1shd1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the early stages of negotiating a lease on a 2006 QX, fully loaded with an MSRP of 56,982. I am thinking about a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles . I am going with 54,000 as purchase price which allows the dealer to make approx $1800. Please tell me what my monthly payment should be using these factors, and what Infiniti Fin Services current lease money factor is on this vehicle for 36 and 39 months.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and any advice.
    :)
    Hi shd1. If you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti QX56 AWD through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00180 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00197 and 51%. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $56,982, and a selling price of $54,000, I estimate that your 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $828. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be around $804.

Car_man
    Host
  • stokeslstokesl Member Posts: 2
    Carman, can you work the numbers on an 06 QX56 AWD (with 2nd row bench) plus DVD MSRP $56,672 sales price $52,407 36 and 39 months 15K miles. Thanks! I'm hoping the prices go down a bit being that it is now August and the 07 should be out soon and they want to get rid of the 06's.
  • kechal12kechal12 Member Posts: 26
    Carman,
    Can you tell me what the current MF and RV for 36 and 39 month lease on 2006 QX56 4WD? Also, I have a dealer quoting me "at cost" pricing. Should I be looking to get below invoice pricing? thanks :confuse:
    Here you go, stokesl. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Infiniti QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this truck are .00142 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi kechal12. See my previous post for the information that you are looking for. Dealer invoice is a very attractive price for this truck right now. The $1,000 dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on it is not compatible with IFS' special lease program so I doubt that you will be able to get one for much less than invoice. You can always stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Infiniti QX56: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kechal12kechal12 Member Posts: 26
    Thanks. I picked up an '06 QX56 with a 39 mos lease, 15K miles per year. MF was .00079 and the RV was 49%. selling price was about $500 below invoice. A good deal , I thinkk..
    No problem, kechal12. It sounds like you got a very good deal. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • turbobbturbobb Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

I'm looking to lease a 06 QX56 @ 39mos and 12k/yr. I was just wondering if you had November's MF and RV.

I was quoted on 10/31 the following:

TOOP: $4500
    Mnthly inc. NJ tax: $622.92
    This was for 10k/yr, salesperson mentioned +$17 for additonal 2K/yr but was willing to see if manager would throw it in if I did the deal that day. I held out to see what the Nov. program would look like given that the 07s were right around the corner.

Was that a good deal?

Thx!
  • nykkonykko Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in a QX56 with sunroof and SIRIUS radio. DVD is not necessary. The MSRP is apx 55k. Does anyone know what the November money factor and residual values are assuming a 36 mo lease w/15k miles per year?

Thanks
  • lalakrsfanlalakrsfan Member Posts: 44
    Hi Car_man,

You helped me get a great lease deal on my FX35 3 years ago and now its time for some shopping! Would you please provide the November IFS Lease residuals and MF rates for an '06 RWD and 4WD for each of the term/mileage options listed below? Also, does the current $3500 dealer cash apply to IFS leases?

- 24 mo./10K miles
    - 24 mo./12K miles
    - 24 mo./15K miles

- 36 mo./10K miles
    - 36 mo./12K miles
    - 36 mo./15K miles

- 39 mo./10K miles
    - 39 mo./12K miles
    - 39 mo./15K miles

Many thanks!
    Here's the info that you're looking for, turbobb. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Infiniti QX56 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00079 and 47%.

It is difficult for me to give you my opinion of this deal without knowing what this truck's MSRP and selling price are. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you are being given and they will enable me to use Infiniti's current lease program to estimate what your truck's monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think. For now I can tell you that $4,500 is way too much to pay at lease signing. Consumers who make large down payments on leases, risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off if you leased this truck without any capitalized cost reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello nykko. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00234 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome back lalakrsfan. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value fore a 24 month lease of a 2006 QX56 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00144 and 57%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00163 and 47%. This truck's 39 month numbers are .00104 and 46%. The 2006 QX56 AWD numbers are .00152 / 57% for 24 months, .00120 / 47% for 36 months, and .00079 / 46% for 39 months. For leases with only 12,000 miles per year, these trucks' residual values are 1% higher. With 10,000 miles per year, these trucks' 36 and 39% residuals will be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • lalakrsfanlalakrsfan Member Posts: 44
    Thanks Car_Man. Two more questions. One, does the current $3500 dealer cash apply to IFS leases? Two, based on your experience, would you expect Infiniti to increase incentives in December for any remaining '06's?

Thanks again.
  • schkabschkab Member Posts: 4
    Car Man--need your help ASAP

My husband is finalizing a deal with Infiniti for a 2006 Infiniti QX56 with DVD and Sunroof. (I don't have MRSP)

He's getting an incremental $3000 from his trade of his Mazda 6 (they are giving him $3000 more than he owes).

On a 39 month lease, 15K miles,
    MRSP is around 56000 with selling price at 49000.

Including Tax, Title, out the door they are stating $617/month as the final payment.

Is this a good deal? I read some of your earlier comments that he shouldn't put any money down on capital cost reduction???

Please advise...thanks.
    No problem, lalakrsfan. Unfortunately, the $3,500 dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on the 2006 QX56 is not compatible with Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program. I don't expect Infiniti to increase the cash incentives that it is providing on the '06 QX56 much mast the $3,500 dealer cash and the up to $3,000 in dealer cash certificates that dealers can use on it right now. Of course, it is difficult to say exactly what automakers will do with their future incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi schkab. Is the selling price that you were quoted for this truck before or after your trade-in allowance has been applied. If it is before, it is an outstanding price. You're right, I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leases. I do so because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle, but you would be much better off if you had the dealer cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • schmitz1schmitz1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all --new to the site. I am in search of the Q56 --doesn't matter to me if it is a 2007 or 2006 --there seems to be very limited 2006 models in Tampa area.

Looking for current money factor --was just quoted .00265.

The truck I prefer is a 2wd --15,000 miles--39 months--dvd-tow package. I notice a lot of the messages here to quote prices in the mid 40's . I am not sure which state that is --or am I not asking the right questions.

The money factor I was quoted is on a 2007 --claims it is off the MSRP of 50,071. 39 months --15,000 miles for 936 a month. That includes our 7% tax. That just seems high to me.

Has anyone else been quoted in the 900's for 2007 2wd??

Any sugguestions on where to call for a good deal??
  • schkabschkab Member Posts: 4
    Car Man:

We ended up getting the car....$617/month out the door for the 2006 QX56 15K miles for 39 months. Has the DVD, sunroof, 4WD packages. 49,298 before trade -in so I guess we did get a great deal! Yeah.

Thanks.
    Schkab
  • yellonsxyellonsx Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted 1200 over invoice, for a vehicle with an msrp of 56k. 39 month lease, drive offs only and 800/month including tax (7.75%)12k per year.49% residual and .00185 money factor. It seems like everyone is getting 6-7k discounts on these cars. That would probably make it under invoice. Is this a good deal?

Thanks
    Hi schmitz1. Not only is there a limited number of 2006 QX56 models left on dealers' lots, Infiniti is no longer providing lease support on the '06 model. If you want to lease one through Infiniti Financial Services right now, its money factor will be an unattractive .00285. On the plus side, the '06 QX56 has $5,000 dealer cash available on it that you can use to negotiate a lower capitalized cost for your lease.

If the .00265 lease money factor that you were quoted for the QX56 that you are interested in was for a 2007 model, it is way out of whack. Infiniti Financial Services' current 39 month buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 QX56 2WD is .00143. The only reason that I can think of why the money factor you were quoted is so high is perhaps the dealer you are working with is running this truck's lease through an independent bank instead of IFS. By doing so they would be able to take advantage of the $4,000 dealer cash that Infiniti is providing on this truck. This cash is not compatible with IFS leases. I would be happy to use Infiniti's lease program to calculate a sample lease payment on this truck for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    That's great, Schkab. Congratulations on your new truck. Enjoy :) !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi yellonsx. $1,200 is a reasonable price for a 2007 Infiniti QX56. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you may be able to beat this price by a few hundred dollars, but certainly not by a few thousand. Chances are, the other community members that you have seen mentioning extremely low prices on this truck were not leasing them through Infiniti Financial Services. Infiniti is providing thousands of dollars in dealer cash on the 2007 QX56, $4,000 to be exact, but this incentive is not compatible with IFS' special lease program.

The lease money factor that you were quoted looks reasonable to me, but here is IFS' latest lease program for the model that you are interested in. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti QX56 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00101 and 49%, respectively.

Overall I would say that the deal that you were quoted is reasonable, but may be able to be beaten by a little bit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • brick760brick760 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

So what we should do is take the cash back from Infiniti, and go with a different leasing company, right? Here's the deal I have on the table. I think this guys is slow playing me. What do you think. I have excellent credit by the way.

Loaded 2007 4WD
    MSRP $ 56,880.00 Your CAP . COST $ 52,775.00

He says the best he can do for me is $ 775.00 a month, including tax and license. I got a better deal than this when I purchased my MB last year, which was actually about $ 8,000 dollars more.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • brick760brick760 Member Posts: 2
    By the way, the terms for the lease were 15,000 miles a year, 39 months, 2500 down and $ 775.00 out the door per month.
    Hey brick760. I'm not convinced that taking the cash instead of Infiniti Financial Services' special lease program is the way to go on this model. Special lease programs are often very, very expensive for manufacturers. You would be surprised how much the support they are providing on leases costs in many instances. I am not familiar with what sort of lease programs independent banks have on the 2007 QX56 right now, but I suspect that you may be better off leasing through IFS even if it means that you can't take advantage of the dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kosta1kosta1 Member Posts: 11
    I LIVE IN LA. I HAVE A PRE-PAID LEASE ON ON RX330 2005 FULLY LOADED THAT EXPIRES END OF SEPTEMBER. FULLY LOADED 2WD THEY OFFERED ME NO DOWN, THEY WILL TAKE THE LEXUS AND 620 A MONTH INCLUDING TAX. I WALKED OUT, B/C I STILL THINK IT IS TOO MUCH. I OFFERED THEM 585, WHAT I UNDERSTAND, NO ONE WANTS THESE CARS ANYMORE, EVEN I AM NOT SURE IF I WANT TO SPEND 120 DOLLARS ON FILLING UP THE GAS TANK, THAT IS WHY, UNLESS YOU GIVE ME A GREAT DEAL I DON'T WANT IT. GET THIS, THEY STILL HAVE 2006 ON THE LOT-BRAND SPANKING NEW THAT THEY GIVING ME FOR 38,000. I THINK A LOT OF NEW CARS ARE GOING TO BE OUT WITH NEW TECHNOLOGY IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS, THAT'S WHY I DON'T WANT TO GET STUCK WITH A 3 YEAR LEASE WITH A MONEY HUNGRY CAR.
  • fletch58fletch58 Member Posts: 19
    What do you guys think of this QX56 39 months, $1500 out of pocket, Sticker $54,100, 17.5 miles, $740 which includes tax ????
  • vertvert Member Posts: 2
    Could someone be kind enough to share the current lease terms for a 4 x 2 QX56

Thanks