Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new QX, fpinho. I'm glad that you like it so much. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    get the Armada over the QX, save $$$$$$$ not much difference between the
    two except the sticker price.
  • johnnypartjohnnypart Member Posts: 2
    I live in New York and I'm interested in leasing a QX56. My wife went to the showroom the other night and received a monthly lease number of $739.00. This was based on MSRP of $59,310.00, 16K miles year, 39 month term and $4,170.00 down. I'm new to trying to figure out what a realistic monthly number should be. Looking at the other posts here, this $739.00 and $4,170.00 out of pocket seems very high. Do all dealers offer a 24 month term (given the economy; gas mileage)?Can you give me what a "good deal" figure should be based on both 39 and 24 month terms with little down (say $2500.00 down)? What is the formula to calculate if I'm getting a good deal or not?
  • stimstim Member Posts: 36
    In St. Louis got a different rate and residual for the QX56. Tier 0/1 credit = 60% residual and .00004 on the MF. Has about 20 on the lot and was willing to negociate. Has newpaper ad for list of 59100 and would sell for 48K. That discount doesn't apply to leases which you have to negociate down from list.
    Hopefully those numbers will hold up for a while so I can trim some $$ off the list.
    Hi johnnypart. The best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the truck that you want and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Given how dead the market for large SUVs is right now, I suspect that you should be able to easily negotiate a selling price of fairly close to dealer invoice on an '08 QX56 right now. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of the truck that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Once you have a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer use Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factors of .00001 for 24 months, .00077 for 36 months, or .00098 for 39 months to calculate your monthly payment.

I see that the dealer that you are currently working with quoted you a lease with a large down payment. It is in your best interest to go with a zero down lease, even if it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher. Consumers who lake large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • calogero1calogero1 Member Posts: 4
    I live in PA/NJ (outside Philly) and I'm trying to lease a 2008 QX56 with DVD and Tech package ($59,310 MSRP), 15k miles/year. For 36 months the best quote I've been able to get is about $795/month with about $1000 due at signing or $735/month with about $3500 due at signing. For business purposes I need to keep the monthly payment below $740/month.

Before the rates went up in July, I had quotes of $735/month with $1000 due at signing. Do these new quotes REALLY reflect the new leasing rates or am I getting scammed??? Do these above deals seem good or am I able to push further (was hoping for no more than $2500 due at signing)???

I've been told the leasing rates are only going to get worse for September because car makers are trying to get away from leases. Is this true or just a salesman's scam?

Lastly, I thought I heard the 2009's are coming out shortly (September), is that true? Would I be better waiting for an '09 (or even dealing on an '08 once the '09's arrive)?

Thanks guys, I appreciate any info you can supply. By the way, this forum is AWESOME, thanks for your help!
    In same situation - have a 6 month extension which started in July on my Volvo XC 90 V8 which I was paying an unheard amount of 349+tax for 24 months, - 1500 down. Looking at a QX56 fully loaded - actually have one in my garage for a day - love it - just a little big but if the numbers are good I'll live with it.

Consider this. The MF and residuals are pretty good for a 24 month lease - Tier 0/1 I got 60% and .00004 - payments would be about 640 plus tax and personal property (Missouri) with a selling price of 51K which I know they can do much better.

If the residuals drop on this thing even with the great money factor and a bigger discount if I wait the payments will actually rise significantly.

So does it make sense to wait until the end of the month or September since I have a cushion of time. I'm assuming the residual values will continue to drop. Is this a correct assumption?
  • ab_vegasab_vegas Member Posts: 9
    I am not sure where some of you are getting your figures. Perhaps I am incorrect in my math, but I think I have the formula down.

I have queried and received the latest (August 2008) money factors and residuals on 24 and 36 months lease. 24 month residual - 60% and MF of .00001. 36 month residual of 50% and MF of .00077.

On a 24 month lease at a cap cost of $50K (is this possible? Edmunds shows a TMV in my area of $51,751), I am coming up with a TOTAL payment (including a 7.75% sales tax figure) of $898.78. On a 36 month lease with the same $50K cap cost, the payment is $810.49. Both residuals contemplate 15K annual miles on the lease.

I am in Las Vegas, but would travel to SoCal to pick up my QX56.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Are you multiplying the residual by the MSRP? You don't mention the MSRP in your post, is why I ask..

If you multiply the CAP cost by the residual percentage (a common mistake), then you will understate the residual and overstate the payment.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

My calcs for 24 month lease
    No money down - also 51000 is approximate, actually can go lower to 49 or 50 as dealer has about 20 on the lot and have a friend who personally knows owner and said he wants them gone even at a loss. Will see when I finally decide by the end of the month. Hopefully the residuals and int rate will not change.

Only hesitating because my wife has a MAJOR problem with the size. I think its big but the deal is almost too good to pass up. Thought the same about my deal when I leased my XC90 V8 two years ago at a ridiculously low 349 per month for two years without taxes. Same lease today is in the mid to high 800 range. QX56 has more features and is much quieter. Yeah its big, towers over Tahoes and even Escalades, mileage is pretty dismal but the lease picks this year are pretty slim - no real incentives and the interest rates are pretty high for the competition - Lexus is nearly 4 pts on a GX with a payment in the high 7's to low 8's with less equipment. Residuals on others are VERY LOW (Volvo is about 40%, Lexus is 52%) Looked at Audi, Cayenne and others. This is a pretty decent deal all the way around.

Calcs:

Usage = Cap cost - Residual / months

51000 - (59210*.60) / 24 = 644.75

Interest: (51000+(59210*.60)) * .00001 (MF) = .86526

Total not including taxes = Usage + Interest or 644.75 + .86526 = $645.62
    Just got a call from dealer in Vegas. First off, kyfdx, you were right. I wasn't calculating the residual right and came up with a much lower payment. Thanks for the clarification!

Secondly, the dealer is very proud of his pricing. Said he is moving cars with no problem, and let him know where he can find cars at $51,769 (Edmunds TMV) because he will buy them and re-sell them. His payment for a 2 year lease is $947 per month, which equates to a cap cost of $56,456.

So, the search continues!
    Ok guys/gals, what I am learning is that the Edmunds TMV data is applicable ONLY to purchases, and takes into consideration the $5K in support from Infiniti.

I have now resorted to a dealership in Arizona, and they quoting capitalized cost only $2K below MSRP, which is nowhere near the almost $8K that Edmunds TMZ is illustrating. The guy seems like a really straight shooter too. Perhaps the markets I am checking in are just not flexible?

As imaginable, this really jacks up the payment. Has anybody here actually got an aggressive cap cost anywhere near the Edmunds guideline? Thanks.
    Here is the latest in the saga with my local dealer. They are telling me that the MF of .00077 I have calculated (on a monthly basis) of $65.64 is WRONG. I told them my MAX cap cost is $55K, which on my math, gets me to a payment of $809.68 on an MSRP of $59,310. He told me that in order to get to that payment, on my cap cost of $55K, I would need a cap cost reduction of $1,843. I told them that in essence, that makes the MSRP $56,843. He said, "no, that's not right". Umm, ok.... ?!?!

What gives? Am I wrong on my monthly money factor?

Here was my final offer to them on a zero cap cost reduction, 15,000 miles per year lease.

MSRP: $59,310
    Cap Cost: $55,000
    Residual (51% per the dealer): $30,248
    Cap - Residual = $24,752
    36 month payment before money factor and tax: $687.55
    Money factor: $65.64
    Lease payment before Nevada Sales Tax: 753.19
    Nevada Sales Tax (7.75%): $56.49
    Total lease payment at 36 months: $809.68

HELP! Can someone please verify my math and let me know if I went wrong somewhere? Thanks!
  • dwongswongdwongswong Member Posts: 62
    Carman,

Can you tell me the current lease rates for 2008 QX56? I'm looking at 36, 39, 42, and 48 months rates with 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year. Thanks for your help.
    :(
    I agree. I saw your post from August 22 and mine from September 13 were never responded by the host or anyone else. I'm interested in leasing a 2008, but the rates for this month are terrible. Did you end up leasing the one you talked about on 22nd?
    Yes I did. What are the September rates?
    Base on the same vehicle you leased in August:
    Residual (51% per the dealer): $30,248
    Cap - Residual = $24,752
    36 month payment before money factor and tax: $687.55
    Money factor: $65.64
    Lease payment before Nevada Sales Tax: $753.19
    Nevada Sales Tax (7.75%): $56.49
    Total lease payment at 36 months: $809.68

These are September's numbers:
    Residual (38% per the dealer): $22,538
    Cap - Residual = $32,462
    36 month payment before money factor and tax: $901.72
    Money factor: $217.10
    Lease payment before Nevada Sales Tax: $1,118.83
    Nevada Sales Tax (7.75%): $86.71
    Total lease payment at 36 months: $1,205.54

You would have paid $395.94 more had you waited until September to lease, so you did good in getting it in August.
    Wow - Based on the other manufacturers making their lease programs unattractive (Cadillac Escalade, MB GL450), I had a feeling Infiniti would follow suit.

You are right; glad I pulled the trigger end of last month!

Thanks for your analysis; much appreciated! :)
    Hi dwongswong. Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 QX56 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are an unattractive .00270 and 31%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00270 and 37%. The 42 month numbers are .00270 and 35%. Lastly, the 48 month numbers are .00270 and 30%. If you were to lease this truck with only 10,000 miles per year, its residuals would be 1% higher.

Since Infiniti is no longer providing lease support on the QX56, the above program can be combined with the $7,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ab_vegas. I provided the September lease program for the 2008 model year version of this truck in my previous post. Let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information and I will try to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,

Can you tell me what October's lease rates are for 2008 and 2009 QX56 2WD? Thanks for your help.
    Hi dwongswong. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti QX56 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00270 and an atrocious 37%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 model are .00210 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
  • calogero1calogero1 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car_Man, was wondering if you could help me out with some lease numbers for both a 2008 AND 2009 QX56 for 36 months, 15k miles/year.

And anyone else posting here who recently leased either a 2008 or 2009 QX56, could you please share your lease numbers, including monthly payment, lease term, miles per year and amount due at signing.

All information greatly appreciated, as I've been looking to lease this vehicle for several months now and am waiting for rates to get better.

Thanks in advance!
    I'd be happy to help you out, calogero1. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are an unbelievably bad .00315 and 36%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 model are a still bad .00315 and 40%. If you want to lease an SUV, the QX56 probably is not the model for you.

The silver lining to these terrible lease programs is that they are compatible with the $7,000 dealer cash that is compatible with the '08 model and the $4,000 that's available on the '09 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • mkw07mkw07 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Might need some help here. I am scheduled to negotiate a 2010 QX56 that just came in this afternoon. I have a VPP certificate and the dealer is telling me that if I lease the $6000 regional incentive goes away and I would have to lease the vehicle at Invoice. Do you know what the money factor is today for a 36 month lease at 20,000 miles? My wife drives at least that and I'm wondering if I should buy the car at 48K (with the $6000 incentive) or lease? The payment difference is only $50 mth cheaper to lease and they are asking for $4000 down to lease vs. $7000 down to buy.

Anything I need to look out for?

Thank you!
    Hi mkw07. What you were told is correct. The dealer cash that Infiniti is currently providing on the QX56 is not compatible with its special lease program.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00156 and 46%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Do not make a $4,000 down payment on a lease. I always advise consumers to put nothing down when leasing. Those who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled.

Car_man
    Host
  • mkupneskimkupneski Member Posts: 29
    Car Man,

I was hoping you could help me sort out the current incentives for a 2010 QX56. I am looking at a 4WD model with the H01 package (video system). The invoice price is $56,920 and the MSRP is $61,715 (both including destination). I am a current Infiniti owner and thus qualify for the $1K owner loyalty cash. I am being told the rebates are on 4K plus another 1K for the owner cash. Thus, I am getting quotes for 5K under invoice or $51,920. However, this site suggest that there is 6K in rebates plus an additional 1K in owner loyalty cash. Can you confirm which number is correct (obviously, 2K is a big difference).

Thanks for all your help!
    Michael
  • tjones62tjones62 Member Posts: 2
    The lease on my 2008 M35 ends mid-Jan. I emailed local dealers about a 2010 QX, and one responded that Infiniti offers early lease termination incentives. I asked for additional details but heard nothing further. Do you have any information on this? Thanks.
    Greetings Michael. Infiniti is indeed providing $6,000 dealer cash on the 2010 QX56. Unfortunately, this dealer cash is not compatible with this truck's special lease program. The $1,000 loyalty cash that you mentioned is compatible with the lease program though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tjones62. Infiniti Financial Services will waive up to three remaining monthly payments for current IFS lessees who agree to lease a new Infiniti vehicle through it. It sounds like you have more payments left on your M lease than that. You would have to pay for any payments over three that you have left out of your own pocket, or have the dealer cover them using the gross from your new vehicle...which is essentially the same thing because it hampers your ability to get the best possible deal. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait a couple of months to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    In Texas, IFS just announced that they will give tax credits from 9/3 to 9/8/09 - short run, but can save you about $50 off your payment! :D
  • cahucahu Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

What is a good lease price for a loaded with all options & packages 2010 QX56 AWD, 12K miles, 39 mos, min down with IFS? We qualify for loyalty programs. What is your best guess will be the lease rates come Dec? What would be a good lease price for the above with the max # of security deposits given to IFS? I am assuming IFS is still offering mult. security deposits discount. Thanks.
    Hi cahu. It is difficult predict exactly what it will be like in December, but I can tell you what Infiniti's lease program for this truck is like right now. Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 QX56 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00156 and 47%, respectively.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact QX that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That information is available in the following section of this site: New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
  • dolphin5dolphin5 Member Posts: 80
    Hi Car_man,

What are the 2010 QX56 2010 4WD lease numbers for a 36 month, 15000 mile a year lease. Is Infiniti offering any lease cash on the QX56?

Thank you
    Here's the info that you're looking for, dolphin5. Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00156 and 46%, respectively.

Infiniti has a solid $6,000 dealer cash on this truck right now, but unfortunately that cash is not compatible with its special lease offer. The only cash that's available on leases is $1,000 loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • bayoutiger41bayoutiger41 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at 2010 lease vs purchase, working it out now. Have gotten numbers on lease now. Any idea on lease specifics/factors for November? We don't have to do anything until Dec, so wanted to get best deal
  • bjordan1bjordan1 Member Posts: 14
    Looking to lease a new QX56. 4X4, Ent package, MSRP = 61715. 36 or 39 mo's, 12k/yr.

What would be a good monthly number - is it possible to get better terms than what's being offered through their sales event?
    Hi bjordan1. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 QX56 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00113 and 45%.

Let's use these numbers to work up a couple of sample lease payments for you. The dealer invoice price of the truck that you described is $56,920. Let's say that you were able to negotiate a selling price of $750 over that.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Infiniti QX56 AWD that has an MSRP of $61,715 and a selling price of $57,670 through Infiniti Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $932. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be $864.

Car_man
    Host
  • njgiantfannjgiantfan Member Posts: 1
    Car_man

I am looking at a 39 month lease for a 2010 QX56 AWD with a cap cost of $56,500, 20k miles per year and inceptions down. I got a lease quote at $999, including tax.

Curious what you think about that price and if I will regret passing on the deal currently and waiting for my current, non-Infiniti lease to expire in March, and whether the Feb/March programs are historically better or worse than december for the last few years.

Thanks
  • curious39curious39 Member Posts: 2
    Curious what others negotiated for a QX56 lease recently - monthly pmt + any cap cost reduction - excl any TTL? Focused on 36/39 month time frame and the 4wd version, but interested in hearing about all deals, esp in if NY Metro region. Thx in advance for the help.
  • fxqxfxqx Member Posts: 2
    Car Man or Anyone -

Do you think the lease deals for 2010 QX56 AWD will get even better from Infiniti when information about the 2011 will be released next month? I'm looking to lease a 2010 FX35 and 2010 QX56 at the same time and am flexible in timing up to September when my Nissan lease ends. Any thoughts on when you would think I could get the best deal? Also any real advantage I can get with 2 leases at same time? I'm thinking if I already know how to get best price possible negotiating not much they can do just b/c doing 2, but is there something they could do?

Thanks!
    Steve
    Hi Steve. I personally expect Infiniti's lease program on the 2010 QX56 to stay the same through the end of March. Of course, it is difficult to predict exactly what automakers will do with their future incentives programs.

If you're already getting the best possible deal on a vehicle, there really isn't much advantage to getting two at the same time. There's only so much blood one can squeeze from a stone. A dealer isn't going to be thrilled about selling two trucks at a loss instead of one.

If I was in the market for the QX56, I would keep my ear to the ground and pounce the next time Infiniti enhances its lease program on it. Again, it's difficult to say when this will happen...perhaps April.

Car_man
    Host
  • rjs_71rjs_71 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market to lease a QX56. Now that April has rolled around, has Infiniti enhanced its lease program? Is it better to wait until the end of a particular month?
    What is the current money factor and residual #'s for a 39 month lease at 15K a year?
    Thank you.

RJS
    Greetings RJS. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that Infiniti is currently providing on leases of it into account.

Infiniti's current programs are scheduled to run through May 3rd. It is difficult to say what its programs will be like for the rest of May. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that Infiniti will probably extend its current program but there's no way to know for certain whether that will happen.

Car_man
    Host
  • fpinhofpinho Member Posts: 58
    Hi Could someone tell me what the residual and money factors are for a QX56 AWD for 36 and 39 months with 10K miles are and also if there is any loyalty available? Where do you see the 2010 money factors going in a couple months now that the new 2011 is due out soon?

Thanks,
    Frank
    Hi Could someone tell me what the residual and money factors are for a QX56 AWD for 36 and 39 months with 10K miles are and also if there is any loyalty available? Where do you see the 2010 money factors going in a couple months now that the new 2011 is due out soon?

Thanks,
    Frank
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    36 w/ 10k per year: 50% residual (money factors range from .00182 to .00480 depending on credit).

39 w/ 10k per year: 49% residual (mf range from .00156 to .00480)

Lease loyalty if you have an Infiniti is $1000.

What is on the ground and coming in May will be it for the dealers on the 2010 QX's - those have to last till July when the new 2011's come out. Due to the huge discounts on the 2010 and the new pricing on 2011 - I think the price difference will be around $13k - I think there will be a rush on the 2010. We are the largest dealer in the US and only have 9 left on the lot with 34 more coming - we sell about 20/month normally so we don't feel we will have enough.
    Hi Could someone tell me what the residual and money factors are for a QX56 AWD for 36 and 39 months with 10K miles are and also if there is any loyalty available?
    Hi Frank. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 QX56 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00182 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top two credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00156 and 49%.

Infiniti is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck plus an additional $1,000 loyalty cash for those who are eligible for it.

It's difficult to say what Infiniti's lease program for this truck will be like several months from now.

Car_man
    Host