Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• deevedeeve Member Posts: 119
    Thank you. I wasnt sure if the region made much of a difference. I appreciate the number!

DAVE
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    "Would those numbers change for an Overland?"

The Overland model has a slightly lower money factor of .00013, but a residual that is also 4% lower... It will be quite a bit more to lease

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• leolopezdoleolopezdo Member Posts: 3
    Hello

Love these forums and the great help they are...I am finally serious about getting into a jeep and need help.

Want to know the difference (or for that matter, overall numbers...mf/residual) for a 12k lease, 36/39 month on a grand Cherokee overland and summit. I'm curious if there is a large difference between the two given that the two are priced similar in msrp
  • moonsault270moonsault270 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Kyfdx,

You had provided me the rates and residuals on 14 GC Laredo 4x4 in October. Are they the same for November? If different can you please provide updated figures for:

36 and 39 months @ 10k and 12k miles.

Thanks Again!
  • atherrienatherrien Member Posts: 3
    HI there!

I was hoping for help because I will be buying a car today or tomorrow.

JGC Limited, sunroof, nav. 36 mo Sign than drive for 15,000 mi per year.

MSRP 50,070 (Suspect this is BS) Overlands are that high, not limited.
    Cap $44,500
    Reductions $4600
    Adj Cap 40545

$471.00
    2014 GC Overland 4X4 39mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00013 MF and 49% residual
    Summit
    .00024 MF and 45% residual

On the 36 month term, the Overland has the same 49% residual, but the Summit residual is 47%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

14 GC Laredo 4x4 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00022 MF and 55% residual..

Subtract 2% for 39 months
    Add 1% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• _bryan__bryan_ Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    Hi Kyfdx,

I'm hope this isn't asking for too much, but I'm having trouble getting direct answer out of dealers. Could you give me the November residuals and money factors for a 2014 JGC Overland vs. Summit both with the Diesel engine, 36 mo, 10k miles/year?

Also, could you tell me if/how those numbers change with the V8 rather than the diesel?

Thanks!
    2014 JGC Overland 4X4 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00013 MF and 50% residual

Summit
    .00024 MF and 48% residual

If you get the Overland, go with the 39 month lease, as the residual is the same...

The lease programs don't show any differences regarding engine choice..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• _bryan__bryan_ Member Posts: 4
    Thanks kyfdx!

Just out of curiosity, do you have any clue as to why the Summit MF nearly doubled this month?? That seems crazy.
    No, but doubling from .00012 to .00024 is still a pretty small jump.. About $7-$10/month...

Not equivalent to doubling from .0012 to .0024... That would be a big jump..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2013
    Thanks for the quick response!

Quick question...is there a difference with a 4x2 as opposed to 4x4? Residuals/MF? Thanks again
  • bubbaboucherbubbaboucher Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at A JGC Limited 4x4 with the lux II MSRP 43190. The selling price they are offering is 38850. The dealership just called me that residuals and MF has changed since last week (?!?!?) and the monthly quote they gave me is now wrong. Does anyone know what the residual and MF is right now? I am looking at 10K and 36 months. Trying to make sure they don't give me the bait and switch.
    Different money factors.... different residuals on some terms, not others... do you need the RWD numbers?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 JGC Limited 4x4 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00028 MF and 54% residual... 39 month residual is also 54%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 JGC Limited 4x4 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00028 MF and 54% residual... 39 month residual is also 54%

If rates change in the middle of the month, I won't know about it.. Seems unlikely they would get worse, though... Mid-month changes usually mean an improvement.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes please.

I apologize for not being clear on my original post. Completely my fault.

Let me be clear so as to not waste your time...

Residuals/MF on 2014 RWD Grand Cherokee Overland and Summit for 12k miles...36/39 month lease.

Thanks again and I apologize for not being clear the first time.
  • bubbaboucherbubbaboucher Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!
    2014 RWD Grand Cherokee Overland 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00019 MF and 49% residual. 39 month residual is 47%

Summit
    .00068 MF and 47% residual. 39 month residual is 45%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mloggiamloggia Member Posts: 6
    Just signed a deal to order this car. Please let me know what you think.

2014 JGC Limited Max Steel, Black Interior 39months, 7500 miles/yr
    Luxury Group II Package, Nav, Off Road Adventure I, Engine Block Heater
    1k down, $409/month (inc all taxes and fees rolled in)

I believe the sticker was $44,100 with a cap cost of $39,100 (Chrysler Affiliate Program)

Is this a good deal?
    HI Everyone,

I was looking to make sure I was getting a good deal.

I came to a tentative agreement for a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited AWD. Moonroof and Nav.

MSRP was 32440
    Initial Cap 29840
    6.9 % APR through Ally with $2000 rebate from bank? and a 1000 rebate for competitive lease.
    Residual 19840
    36 Months
    15,000 miles per year.
    0 down, 0 due, tax title reg included.

405.11/month.

I get a gut feeling they should be about 20-30 less but I am not sure. Please let me know your thoughts! Any feedback would be helpful.
  • phat_ratphat_rat Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Can you guys tell me if this is a good deal for a lease:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
    MSRP $48,180
    Sales Price $43,078

39 months at 15k - Va (4% sales tax, $57 tags and $399 processing fee)
    $645 per month with just the 1st month's payment due at signing

Thank you.
    Need to thank kyfdx for such valuable information , closed on my new truck yesterday. To poster "atherrien" I also received $2000 rebate and $1,000 competitive lease. But I also had to pay $895 bank fee. Did you? Ally does not have disposition fees presently.

Which brings me to my question for kydfx. I know most if not all banks have aquisition fee's, but $895 seems excessive. What concerns me even more is that the bank fee on my lease was not a seperate line item but included as a capital cost reduction.

Makes me think that the dealer marked up the fee, but what advantage to the dealer would it be to put down as a cap reduction. Why wouldnt they just put the marked up bank fee as a seperate line item? Unless it helps me by bringing down the cap cost. Makes me think something fishy is going on. Any ideas as to whats going on here?

Unfortunatley I could not find a definitive answer to Ally's bank fee anywhere online. Anyone privy to this information?
    HI Moon,

I dont know how your credit is, but the bank will waive it only for top level credit. I have a 810 credit score and they negotiated the fee away. I didnt have to pay it and neither did they.

I purchased in MA at Herb Chambers Jeep Chrysler.
  • stoaviostoavio Member Posts: 15
    Hi all -

I am being offered the following deal for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 v6. What do you think?

• Luxury Group II
    • 20” wheels
    • 39 month term
    • 12k/year mileage program
    • Nav included
    • Sunroof
    • $680 down + $489 (first month's payment) = $1169 (total down)
    • $489 (monthly payment)

MSRP: $42,200
    Adjusted Cap: $40,478

I sort of backed into the Adjusted Cap cost based on what the dealer quoted as a monthly payment, so I should be pretty close if not dead-on. All we discussed over the phone was money down and monthly payment. Based on those 2 factors, I've deduced the adjusted cap.

Thoughts?
    I had an 800 FICO last checked i last checked in Jan 2012. Im going to try and talk to Ally directly. Thx for the reply!
  • erie1234erie1234 Member Posts: 3
    Kyfdx, do you have current residuals and money factors for the following?

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x2,10,000 miles and 12,000 miles for 36 months

Thanks in advance!
    After dealing with a handful of dealers and making what I felt was moderate progress on this deal, I have decided to enlist the services of www.insidecarbuying.com and let Tommy (or one of his employees) broker the deal for me.

I also purchased a DIY report from them, which I found helpful, but ultimately couldn't get a dealer to even come close to it. I figured, since they stand behind the report, who better to go out and secure the deal? They guarantee it within $2-3 of the monthly price.

I will keep everyone posted. I was told the process typically takes 72 hours so I should have updates pretty quick.
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x2 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00024 MF and 54% residual
    Add 1% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sonnyc1sonnyc1 Member Posts: 1
    There so much information flying around when it comes to leases so here's what I was able to get on the last day of October. 2014 Jeep GC Limited 4x4 (I live in the Northeast). $429/month, 39 months, 12,000 miles a year. List $40,705. Residual (buy-out) $21,981. Disposal fee if I don't buy it -$450. Transfer fee if I buy it - $300. Monthly payment $429. Down Payment $2,500 which includes my first month payment of $429. I frankly don't know how we got to $429, and I really don't care since it's the bottom line, final numbers that count. Good luck.
  • manmp1manmp1 Member Posts: 1
    I went to a dealership today in MA..
    2014 jeep overland 4x4 with all the options list price of 49,100.
    with 5 thousand down my payment would be 450 a month for 3 years/ 10k miles
    what do you think?
  • ducat13ducat13 Member Posts: 34
    Hello - Can I please get money factor and residual on a 27-month lease with 10K miles per year? 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2

Thanks!
    2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 27mo, 10K/yr
    .00055 MF and 64% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• erie1234erie1234 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks! Now that it is mid month would these numbers change?
  • flagrlflagrl Member Posts: 13
    Kyle,

Could you please help me. We are interested in purchasing a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X2 for 36 months at 15,000 miles. Could you please provide me with the residual and money factor.

Also, not sure if you know anything but I see under incentives a $3,250 Independent Lease Incentive available, we cant lease through Ally or US Bank. Do you know other companies we would lease through? And would the money factor change if we went through a different leasing company?

I appreciate your help!
  • yortman100yortman100 Member Posts: 1
    Need some help with my lease. Base model grand cherokee laredo 4x4 with no options.

10,000 miles a year
    36 or 39 month lease
    MSRP $31,990

What would be a good deal for my cap cost ($28,000??) Can I get invoice or below invoice price on this car? What would invoice be on a $31,990 msrp price?

Can I get into the low $200's for a monthly payment?
    Any ideas on this? I cant help but feel like I am getting hosed on this bank fee. Tried calling Ally but they werent much help.
  • thorpthorp Member Posts: 1
    Kyle,
    I received a quote from a reputable dealer in NY for a Grand Cherokee Limited 39-month term. MSRP is $40,888. Itemized costs are as follows.
    vehicle cost - 39,103
    markup - 100
    acq fee - 895.00
    fees & insurance - 371.50
    less: trade-in - $9,800
    less: rebate - $3,750
    total cap reduction - $13,550
    cap cost - $26,919.50
    capped taxes - $1,135.51
    total cap cost - $28,055.01

monthly payment - $242.38
    $0.25 excess mileage charge
    residual 51%
    disclosed rate - .00118 (is this the money factor?) if so, seems high

Please advise if this offer appears reasonable and if there is room for negotiation. Also, i see on various dealer sites that a 36-month term is offered. Any ideas of the pros and cons of 36 vs 39 month term?

Thanks
    Paul
  • tompomptompomp Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    I wasn't given details but how does this sound (considering this is in NYC with higher tax rate)?

Jeep GC Limited, 20" wheels, navigation
    12k miles/yr
    39 month lease

$440/monthly payment
    $2,000 down payment ($1,560 + $440 first month = $2,000 down)
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X2 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00036 MF and 50% residual (39 month residual is also 50%)

These are Chrysler Financial numbers.. Only the dealer will know if he can give you a better deal with another bank... .and, yes... the numbers will be different (worse).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Every lease has an acquisition (aka bank) fee... I don't know what Ally's base fee is... but, a lot of banks allow the dealer to mark up the fee for extra profit.

For comparison, Chrysler Capital's bank fee is $595...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

First.. I don't know if your lease is through Chrysler Capital.. those are the only numbers I have..

This month, on Grand Cherokees, CC is offering the same residual for 39 month leases as 36.... In that case, it makes the 39 month lease a better deal..

If .00118 is your money factor, then that is high, and probably marked up... Depending on 4WD or 2WD, the money factor from CC is .00036 or .00028.

Also, think about your trade-in.... you are making a $9800 downpayment on this lease.... if you factored that into your payment, it would be $550/mo. or more... That is the true cost of the lease..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi kyfdx,

Do these numbers hold true for 39mo at 12k as well?

Thanks.
    12K/yr residuals are 2% higher than 15K/yr residuals..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ijoey1017iijoey1017i Member Posts: 1
    Hey I read someone got a Summit for 0 down and about $650 a month...... I think it was 36/12k 52% .00009583333 lease rate and baout 7.5% off MSRP....

I've been to 2 dealerships here in CT and one quoted me first month down and fees $775 for a summit!!! and $650 for an overland.... Went to another and got $776 for Summit and $625 for overland? Is this normal I emailed a dealership in NY and asked if they could match the deal above for the summit for $650ish and they said yes but I'm going there tomorrow so we will see.....

Anyone get a good deal in south CT or New York and can recommend a dealership/ Salemans

thanks in advance
  • gbotgbot Member Posts: 1
    Hello

Can I please get money factor and residual on a 24-month lease with 12K and 15K miles per year? 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, MSRP ~$40K

How (if at all) does a Chrysler Friends and Family discount affect these numbers?

Thanks!
  • none_yanone_ya Member Posts: 2
    Here is my deal from East Hills, NY in November 2013. How'd I do?

Specs

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    V6, 4x4
    Luxury Group II
    20" Wheels
    Blk/Blk

Deal Pts

Payment $466/month
    MSRP $44,985
    Cap Cost $37,653
    Cap Tax $2,112 (taxes rolled into monthly payment)
    Total Cap $39,765
    Res Value $23,320 (53%)
    Miles 12K/yr
    Months 42
    Money Factor .00118 (APR 2.832%)
    edited November 2013
    2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 27mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00043 MF and 63% residual... Add 2% for 12K/yr

I gave you the 27 month numbers, as they are much better than the 24 month program... Any discounts wouldn't affect the money factor or residual.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• none_yanone_ya Member Posts: 2
    For 12k/yr and 39 months, you should easily be able to get an Overland for $625/mo with $0 and taxes rolled into the monthly payment.

However, 42 months should drop your monthly to $605-ish range.

Larger question is why in the world would you pay 600/month for a Jeep GC Overland? Save yourself $150-200/month and get the GC Limited with the Luxury Group II pkg and add the 20" rims. Then, the ONLY 4 differences are the Overland badges, wood steering wheel, hydraulics which you will never use, and body color moldings (of which is indifferent if you are getting a dark color). Literally, that is the difference!
    While I don't disagree with your point, I'm pretty sure your savings aren't going to be that significant. You might be able to shave close to $100 off your monthly payment but not $150-200.
This discussion has been closed.