Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• rpennarpenna Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car_man,

I'm looking to lease an 08 Grand Cherokee Limited. Could you please provide November residuals and money factor for a 39 month 15k mi/yr lease? Thanks.

Also, jeep.com is only showing a $500 rebate for a lease on an 08 limited gas engine, with no lease loyalty incentives. But, when I build one, their car configuration program is showing $3500 off. Do you have any insight into what the actual rebates are for november?

The site lists 2 incentives:

Grand Cherokee Limited/Overland (Gas engine) $500
    Grand Cherokee w/gas engine (excl. SRT8) $3000 lease cash $1000 lease loyalty
    Figured out the incentives, but still looking for November residuals/MF on a 36/39 month lease, 15k miles a year for a 2008 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 w/ 5.7L. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Ahhh, you were interested in info on the 2007 Grand Cherokee. Unfortunately, Chrysler is no longer providing lease support on 2007 models. You can still lease one through Chrysler Financial, but if you do you will have to use its standard lease program. You would probably be better off going with a 2008 model at this point if you want to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi carhawk1. You definitely will not miss the boat by waiting until November or December to lease your new Grand Cherokee. The $4,200 dealer discount that you were quoted looks very attractive to me, but Chrysler has dramatically increased its cash incentives on the 2008 Grand Cherokee since you made your post. It is now providing $3,000 lease cash plus up to an additional $750 regional bonus cash on this model. The MyGIG bonus is still there as well. Make sure to take these higher cash allowances into account when negotiating your lease. By waiting to lease, you are now closer to the scheduled end of your current lease plus the incentives that are available on the truck that you want actually increased.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings joshmmm. Chrysler pulled the plug on its lease support on 2007 models. If you really want to lease, you would probably be better off going with a 2008 model at this point.

This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned how long you want to lease it for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current 36 months buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD would be .00017 and 45%.

When negotiating your lease on these trucks, make sure to take the $3,000 lease cash and up to an additional $750 in regional bonus cash into account. The cash incentives will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the exact truck that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the Grand Cherokee that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Things are going very well, deejay2099. Thanks. Here's the info that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00041 and 44%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00091 and 43%. Don't forget to take the lease cash that I mentioned in previous posts into account when negotiating the cap cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello rpenna. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00120 and 44%.

As far as the cash incentives that are available on this truck go, Chrysler is currently providing $3,000 lease cash plus up to an additional $750 regional bonus cash on the '08 Grand Cherokee. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi everyone,

Talked to my salesperson last night, this is the final deal, which I'll be taking:

2008 Grand Cherokee 4x4 Limited with 5.7L Hemi

36 month lease / 15k miles/yr

MSRP: $42,600
    Residual: 45%
    Cap Cost: $36,100 (includes $3500 in rebates)
    Money Factor: 0.00021 (0.5%)
    Additional Fees: $700 (I forget what this was, doc / dealer fee)
    Total out of pocket: $1000

Monthly payment: $507

This includes 7.25% sales tax.

It seems like a good deal to me. They started at 37,200 which made the payment 536/mo. I pressed them for 495/mo but they would not budge. I wasn't going to kill the deal over $12/mo.

Thanks to everyone for their experiences, it was a great help going into the negotiations.
    Hi rpenna. Congratulations on arriving at a deal that you are happy with on the Grand Cherokee that you are interested in. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience. Thanks again and enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    We were going to get a Chrylser 300C loaded, but decided to stick with what we've had for years: a Jeep. People can slam gas mileage and everything else, but when we go "up north" in Michigan the capability is incredible. Anyway, this is our 5th new Jeep (Commanders and GCs) and this has to be by far the best deal we've made.

2008 GC Overland 4WD, only option white letter tires
    MSRP: $44,325
    Sale Price: $36,903
    Net Cap Cost: $32,342 (liscense, acq, fees, taxes, rebates, 1st payment)

36 mos, 10,500 miles = 46% residual
    Rebates total: $6,000 (we're eligible for everything including Employee price/bonus)
    Monthly payment: $395 even including 6% tax
    Money factor: .00077 (a little high, but I know why and still 1.8%!)

$0 due at signing "Sign and Drive"

I pushed the price down some, but didn't have too much to push. Detroit region by the way. If you can get all the rebates and the EP pricing, this is hard to pass for a $44k SUV.
  • mattyomattyo Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,

Can you let me know what the current money factor and residual should be for a 2008 Laredo lease for 36 mths and 15k miles in New York ?

Thanks
  • chigirlintexaschigirlintexas Member Posts: 73
    Hey Car_man,

Since Chrysler Financial is offering such big incentives on the JGC right now, I am looking into a lease on one....so, if you wouldn't mind, please give me figures for

2008 2WD Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
    15K/yr
    36 or 39 months
    w/Hemi and Nav

Also, what is the difference in residuals/money factor if I go with the Laredo, 2WD. Does the engine choice (V6 vs V8) impact the figures at all?

The GC Ltd I am looking at has an MSRP of 38,485....Incentives for me would be $4500, plus whatever I can negotiate. I am hoping to get them close to invoice, which, if I've estimated correctly, would put me in the low 400's for a payment (425-435), if I calculate the sales tax on the negotiated final price (which is what I've always had done in the past).

Thanks,
    ChiGirl
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Car Man: Is Chrysler/Jeep currently offering an early lease termination (pull ahead) program? If so, how many months?
  • fatboy8fatboy8 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a 2008 JGC 2wd Laredo, from a local Brooklyn Dealership

196 per month 27 months (payment includes the all taxes -high for NY)
    I paid in total drive out the door money of $3450
    10k miles per year
    The car was automatic but with nothing else other then sirius satellite.

I really had to fight for this deal, so I don't think its common. MSRP was 28.5K think it was 8K off of MSRP and then the residual 15,500 after 27 months.

Did I get a good deal? Love the car, I've had other trucks before but I like this ones authetic feel.
    Car_man,

Never mind.....I drove home in a new (2008) 2WD Grand Cherokee Overland on Saturday night....will post my figures soon. I got a great deal, love the vehicle, thanks to Edmunds for arming me with good info prior to negotiating!

ChiGirl
  • mwagmwag Member Posts: 6
    Car Man

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    28 W package
    4.7 L V8
    Trailer Tow Class IV
    P245 tires

msrp $34,530
    sell to leasing company $30,550

3500 lease cash

I turned last lease in 6 months ago so no loyaly?

36 months
    10,500 miles a year
    money factor .00041
    residual 52%

Payment $326.00

plus $600 out of pocket to me.

is the $750 dealer cash good in Michigan?

Is this an ok deal?

Thanks,
    Mark Wagner
    Here's how my deal breaks down:

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2WD
    MSRP: $40,890 (OWL tires the only added option)
    Net Cap Cost: $31101
    Sales Tax: $1944 (6.25% in Texas)
    Total Cap Cost: $33045
    Residual: $17,173 (42%)
    Miles per year: 15K
    Money factor: .00135
    Monthly payment: $474.74/39 months

Paid first payment and registration down. We think we got a great deal and love the vehicle! Hope this is helpful to anyone considering a Grand Cherokee.
  • turbanskiturbanski Member Posts: 85
    I am currently leasing a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD which is about to run out. I have tried to lease a 2008 Pacifica (any trim level) to no avail. The monthly lease payments even with $2500 down are off the charts. Apparently Chrysler does not want these vehicles back. My long time dealer is trying to steer me into a JGC Laredo lease because of the current incentives for this vehicle, ($4,500) in my case.

My question is this. Monthly lease payments with $2,500 down would be $325+/- for a V6 model vs $350 +/- for a V8 (4.7). I am leaning toward the V8. as the 210 HP V6 seems under powered for a 4,500 lb vehicle. Dealer currently has about 20 V6s in his inventory, but only two 4.7 V8s and two Hemi's at $40,000+. Can anyone out there convince me to spend the extra $25/ month for the 4.7 V8. Thanks in advance for your input.
    I guess the questions I would ask you regarding engines would be:

1) Do you haul (with trailer) things on a regular basis? If yes, go with the V-8.

2) Do you like to hit the gas and feel the response? Get on expressways frequently? If yes, go with the V-8.

I had a V6 JGC rental for a week, and it really wasn't bad in terms of response, but after driving the V8, I knew my "need for speed" would require the larger engine. We also occasionally have to haul things, and since I don't have a long commute, gas mileage is not as big a factor for me (please no bashing, environmentalists!).

I personally would opt for the bigger engine for the extra $25 since the gas mileage really isn't that much worse, but I'm one of those who likes to feel the response when I am getting on the expressway. I didn't plan on ending up with the Hemi, but to get a vehicle with navigation, the only one in the area was an Overland, so now I am loving the growl of this big boy, and watching the fuel gauge drop almost before my very eyes....

Either way, I think you'll enjoy the vehicle. Good luck with your decision!
    Thanks for the response. I don't do any trailer haulin but I do like a quick and safe merge from an on ramp or pass a semi quickly on the interstate rather than hang there like some people. According to the window stickers, both engines are rated at 19 MPG highway so thats not an issue. Chalk one up for the V8.
  • naatz1naatz1 Member Posts: 188
    I got an 07 closeout w/4.7 as well 6 weeks ago and am very satisfied, getting EPA mpg of 15/20 city/hiway. I need to haul a 3k lb fishing boat/trailer in summers so the new V6 was not quite enough torque. I sold my 01 with 4L I6 to my son and it was rated to tow 5k lbs although that is a stretch. The V8 really isn't much worse mpg and I can also use E85, currently $2.10/gal in MN vs 2.85 for gasoline. Enjoy!
    Many thanks to you also. 15/20 city highway is exactly what I am getting with the Pacifica AWD. Overall MPG per computer is 17.7 MPG. E85 is not widely available here in western NYS, although two ethanol producing facilities are currently under construction within 25 miles of Buffalo. Current price of 87 octane locally is $3.19 to $3.29/ gal. and about $.20 per gallon less on the Indian Reservation.(no nys tax) I am also looking at the Saturn Outlook AWD which is very close to the Pacifica in overall size and performance. However, no lease quotes yet.
    I drove an Outlook a few weeks ago, but the lease programs on those were not nearly as aggressive as on the JGC. Like you, I got the $4500 in incentives, a decent lease rate, plus the dealer was willing to negotiate much more than the Saturn guy. For the equivalent Saturn (with leather, nav, etc.), my payment would have been much higher than what I ended up with on the Jeep.

I felt a little cramped in the Saturn (I'm 5'11, hubby is 6'3") and l prefer being higher up for visibility. The Saturn is smooth, no doubt, but I personally liked the trim/finish in the Jeep better. The wood trim in the Outlook looked fake and cheap, IMO, and I just couldn't get excited about it. I am loving the Jeep--the higher ride, the V8 power, the interior look....what can I say? I looked with an open mind, but just couldn't find anything I liked as much as the Jeep for the $$$.

Let us know what you end up doing, and good luck!
    Drove GCL's today, V6 and 4.7 V8. The V6 has decent power and acceleration, but I decided to lease the V8. The deal breaks down like this.

MSRP: $34,195 (28E package)
    Annual Miles: 10,500
    Residual Value: $16,071.65 (47%)
    Lease Rate: .00062 (1.488%
    Selling Price: $32, 675.81
    Rebates: $5,000
    Cash Down: $3,000
    Adjusted Cap Cost after all fees, tax title, 1st. pmt. etc.: $27,435
    Monthly PMT. $340 (36 months)

I don't think I could do much better than this. I was at the dealership over 4 hours between test driving various vehicles and haggeling with the sales manager. I think they glad to see me go.
    Ditto here. Saturn dealer (same dealer group as Jeep) could not help me. Monthly payment for base AWD Outlook ($31,400 MSRP) was $471.00 per month for 36 months with $2,500 cash down. Although their residual was high (63%), the interest rate was a very high 6.95%. No rebates or incentives as the Outlooks are selling very well. Went next door to the Jeep/Chrysler and the rest is history. Please see my previous post. Set to pick up JGC (Red Rock Chrystal) next Wednesday. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.
    Congrats on the new Jeep; I'm sure you'll enjoy it! I love that Red--you'll be getting lots of looks in that baby.

Merry Christmas to you and all forum posters/lurkers!
    Picked up my 2008 JGC on Wednesday 12/26. Very smooth and powerfull with the 4.7 V8. Question, Can anyone tell me how to activate the DRL's or is this a dealer function? or perhaps someone could direct me to the proper forum. Thanks for all your help to date.
  • joejeepjoejeep Member Posts: 12
    Hello,

I recently leased a JGC via Chrysler Leasing.... They are using a $425.00 disposition fee... ? Is this standard across all Chrysler Leases ... ? is it negotiable... ? I am fully aware they will waive the fee if you purchase another Chrysler / Jeep product and curious how to avoid it all together... My current JGC lease is expiring from 2005 and it has a $300 disposition.

Thanks in advance....
    It must be standard. My lease dated 12/26/07 also includes a $425 amount under Item 3 (other charges). The upper left corner of the document states "NEW YORK" and "Motor Vehicle Lease Agreement"
  • buckeye777buckeye777 Member Posts: 5
    My 2005 Aviator lease is up next month :( and I have to find a new car,

Below is the deal I have been offered.

08 Limited
    package 25H

MSRP $42,585
    36 mo term
    12,000 per year
    0 dollars down
    507 a month
    MF .00038

Opinions?

Also will these deals go away in 2008?
    What is the adjusted cap capitalized cost amount which includes all fees and taxes? The .00038 MF equates to a less than 1% interest rate which is very good. Current Jeep incentives and rebates are scheduled to expire on 1/2/08. After that who knows. They could be reduced or disappear entirely. $507/mo. x 36 mo. = $18,252 total pay out.
    They were dropping the price by about $8,070 and the residual was about $19.500
    This would seem like a pretty good deal. I ran a payment estimate on a dealers webb site for a similarly priced Jeep with zero dollars down for 3 years. The resulting payment estimate was $555/mo. for 36 mo. Since you would not appear to be eligible for the lease loyalty incentive, $507/mo seems reasonable. See posts #369 and #376 to get a ballpark figure. If you push the Sales Manager a little, you might even get a better deal. End of the month and calender year, etc.
    Buckeye,

You might be able to get a bit more off, if you're a patient and firm negotiator. We were ready to walk a couple of times, but got the deal we wanted by holding firm on what we wanted to pay. I don't think these SUVs with large engines (ie not great gas mileage) are not selling that great, so hold your resolve....you might be surprised!

Good luck!
    Chigirl
    I was set to take delivery today at $495 a month and called and backed out. I guess I am not ready just yet. Thanks for the replies. :)
  • joejeepjoejeep Member Posts: 12
    08 Jeep GC V6, 26X, Nav
    MSRP 36,910
    Inv: 33,729
    GCC: 32,972
    CCR: 5,000 (3K, 1K, 1K)
    ACC: 27,972
    Res Val: 16,978
    3yr. / 36K
    $325/mo (not incl tax)
    $100 toop

Any thoughts... ?

Thank You.
    That's too bad. You missed out on a great vehicle at a great price.
    Hard to judge. Here in NYS auto leases include NYS sales tax (8.75%) in my county. You can pay it separately, but most people do not. (No sales tax receipt no registration). Overall seems like a fair deal.
  • prettyvacantprettyvacant Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Can someone give me the current money factor and residual for a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo 2x4, 10k miles, 36 months?

Also, a question about that money factor. Is that the absolute lowest possible at a given time, or something else? One of my credit scores is 705 (I just found out there's a mistake on this one), and the other two are in the high 760's. I know what kind of loan rates I can get approved for, but the leasing money factor is still kind of confusing to me. Should I assume the lowest money factor when negotiating?

I see the $3500 lease cash & $500 bonus cash on the Jeep site, are there any other offers to be aware of in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks.
    I think the MF varies depending on your zip code and credit rating. Mine was .00062 or 1.488%. (divide MF by 2400) The residual was 47% of MSRP on my 4x4. There may be lease loyalty cash if you qualify.
  • jgriffsjgriffs Member Posts: 5
    Hi all
    I am new to the site as I have been happy with my 02 GC sport for a long time. I am looking to sell it now and use the cash for other purposes. So now that I live in a city I dont drive nearly as much and think a lease would work for me.

I was scoping the model and extras below and if anyone out there can help me with targeting a good deal (cap cost/mf factor and lease payment) I would appreciate. The whole lease calculations I see here are great but no matter how many times I tried I cannot figure it out. I am in downtown st louis

08 GC limited
    Green color upgrade
    5.7 hemi
    quarda drive 2 package
    trailer tow class 4

thanks alot for your help!!
    There are too many variables in the lease calculations to give you a resonably close estimate, such as local incentives, dealer cash,dealer discounts, down payment amount, credit rating, lease term,local and state sales taxes, etc. Try to find a similar vehicle in local dealer inventory and then use the payment calculator (lease option) to estimate a monthly payment for the lease term in months that you prefer. This will give you a high end estimate for your location. Any reduction below the estimate amount largely depends on your negotiating skills. Hope this helps.
    Turbanski is right. Payment amounts are very specific to the car you want (trim level), your interest rate, and how much your get off the MSRP. If your credit rating is poor, you may not qualify for the best "money factor" (interest rate), which will raise your payment. Also, you have to to have the chops to negotiate yourself a great deal.

I think the Jeep (Chrysler-Dodge) dealerships in general are negotiating fairly well on the models with larger, gas-consuming engines. We were surprised at how much we were able to get off the MSRP of our JGC Overland, but of course, we had no trade to deal with (we sold it separately to CarMax, making it easier to negotiate our deal).

The way the lease works is this: Find out what interest rate you think you qualify for (within what the manufacturer is offering) and the residual value of the vehicle you are looking at. Factors that impact this value are specifically the car trim level (ie Laredo vs Limited vs Overland vs SRT) as well as 2WD vs 4WD and the number of miles you will drive it over the lease (15K per year, 12K per year. etc).

If you ask car_man for specific figures on the vehicle you are considering, he should be able to give them to you. He will know the current lease money factor (interest rate) and residual value percentage for the vehicle you want--they come from the manufacturer. You have to tell him how many miles you expect to drive, how many months your lease will be for and which trim level of your car you expect to buy. Figure the residual from the MSRP (sticker), but your capitalized cost should be what you negotiate the price down to (usually plus tax, title, license),,,,then you should be able to calculate your payment. As stated by others, you can put money down to reduce your payment. But remember that if, by chance, you car gets totatled or stolen, that money is gone forever. So most forum experts recommend putting as close to zero down as possible when leasing.

Some cars have better lease support (ie lower interest rates and rebates) than others. I got my Jeep GC last month, and they were offering a decent money factor/interest rate and lots of incentives ($4500 plus what we negotiated off of MSRP). It all works toward a much lower lease payment. In fact, we were able to get the JGC at a lower lease payment than the Liberty, whose sticker was $10,000 lower but had no incentives, either rebate-wise or lease/money-factor.

By the way, my credit score was only around 700, and I was still able to qualify for Chrysler's lowest money factor/interest rate available for my vehicle. Don't know if it's because we were existing Chrysler Financial customers or not....

I hope this info is helpful. Good Luck, and let us know how it works out!
  • f1freakf1freak Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have the current money factors and residuals for the Grand Cherokee Overland & Limited for a 36 month, 10.5K/year lease?
    Also, is the MyGig discount still available?

Thanks!
    thanks alot for your help. I will get the information you mentioned above and post it for carman. Thanks again
  • baldhill37baldhill37 Member Posts: 9
    jeep if you are looking to lease a JEEP GC please test drive it 60-80 MPH if it vibrates DO NOT LEASE OR BUYT IT they have a major problem with vibration at this speed
    Major vibrations with GC 2007 DO NOT BUY OR LEASE
    DOVER DODGE. rockaway NJ
    I can't get the problem of vibration on my new 2007 GC limited
    The service manager said he placed a call to Chrysler factory District manager about the major Vibration and the shifting into over drive @ 60+ MPH
    If you live in NEW JERSEY and are looking to BUY a new jeep...............
    make sure you drive it on rt#80 60-80 mph, If its vibrates at the speed........
    DON'T BUY OR LEASE IT. I HAVE BEE WAITING 3 WEEKS for the Chrysler district manager to set an appointment to see why my NEW JEEP GC 5.7 Hemi
    VIBRATES 60-85 MPH
    Are you referring to all JGC'S or just the 5.7 Hemi V8? I just leased an 08 with the 4.7 V8 and it seems OK so far. (Under 500 miles).
    i was hoping I could get some numbers ran for me

I am looking at an 08 JGC 5.7L with an MSRP of 42,070.
    i am looking for a 24mth lease with 12k a year and $0 down.
    the dealer quoted me the below information, can you tell me if this is a good deal and what areas can i look to achieve an even better rate. This was the dealer's first quote so I obviously think there should be alot of room....but please tell me where to go with it.

Payments $597.83 per month
    this has a 0.00050 money factor and a residual value of 53%
    it does not include license or sales usage tax.
This discussion has been closed.