Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    Is there a spreadsheet anywhere that displays what options come with which a JCG Laredo package?
    For example, if I want the JGC Laredo V-6 but with leather seats and bluetooth, what's it called, does the combo exist?
    Also, where can I find MoneyFactor, etc, now and in the future?
    thank you
  • arlingtonva1arlingtonva1 Member Posts: 15
    Im about to pull the trigger and the best I got was MF 1.38% and Residual 52%. Dealers are trying to move Laredo stock but demand for limiteds is strong. I think the US bank lease with 1k back is 48% residual.
  • aces_fullaces_full Member Posts: 16
    what are the terms of the lease? 36mo/12k mi per year?
    Correct 36k, 12k per year. Sale price offered is $34,084 (26x plus all weather group). What's crazy is that a laredo w/26k package, all weather group, etc... is almost the same MSRP as a limited. Unfortunately the MF and RV aren't as good vs the laredo and there aren't any incentives so payments come out much higher. I'm thinking about waiting until JGC limited sales cool down a bit and they offer some incentives. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    Hey what was the best deal they offered on the laredo x loaded? Before i leased the limited i had worked out a deal on the laredo x loaded msrp $39000 $2000 out of pocket best offer $406 a month including tax. I thought it was a decent deal but for a hundred more a month i just went with the limited. the limited has the wood panels, chrome everywhere, and sick blue interior lighting around the doors and center console(cups area) it truly has gotten more luxurious than my older jeep. I also love the hemi when you put it into sport mode, you feel even more power cause the power goes to the rear wheels. bro i say wait cause you will score on one once more of them start selling. I only bit on one cause i got it for $509 not $600 and more like they try to sucker people into.
    The best laredo 4x4 26x loaded I've gotten is $2k out of pocket, $460 per month which includes tax, tags, processing, etc.. I really want the same deal as you on the limited at $ 500 month, $2k down. I don't even need the Hemi engine, after the comparing the loaded Laredo vs Limited; the limited stands out because of nicer interior and really nice 20" wheels. If anyone knows where I can get that lease deal ($2k, $500s per month) please let me know.
  • straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    Thanks for the Rv & Money Factor info: fyi....

Not sure your residency but prices are much cheaper for that vechicle here in SoCalifornia, unless you are including tax & title in your price?..
    Just got a quote for a Jeep GC Laredo X Package, V-6 4x2 for $30,000. NO Sunroof, no trailer tow, no All-Weather, just GC Laredo 26x RWD.

As for the lease, I advise that you don't ever put any money down (i.e. don't reduce the capital cost), other than applying a rebate;; of course, it's okay to pay upfront the TTL & first payment. . It won't effect your RV or MF, just your monthly payment, and since inflation is likely, you are going to want to put as little down and possible and now and pay higher monthly with cheaper "infated" dollars in the future.
  • dubba1dubba1 Member Posts: 1
    What dealer in Socal quoted that price?
    If you are in the tri state area check out sansone dealership in woodbridge nj. I agree with you on getting the hemi especially if gas prices go up enlight of all that is happening in Lebanon. I hope gas prices don't go through the roof.
  • the_qthe_q Member Posts: 4
    So I'm a NY resident, went to town country jeep, got a great offer on:

Laredo X package
    Sunroof
    Hemi
    Select Terrain
    off road

about $2100+ out of pocket with $429/month. Very good deal I thought. My only problem is I don't want a Laredo. I want a Limited. This may be trivial, but there is a significant height difference between my wife and I and I can't see paying that much for a vehicle and not getting memory seats.
    That is a good deal. Question, did the $2,100 out of pocket include title, tags, processing, etc...

I'm in the same boat, I want a Limited with 20" wheels but can't find a good enough deal.

Please let me know if you find anything good out there.
  • the_qthe_q Member Posts: 4
    Yes, NYS TTL were included, I forget the exact out of pocket since I tossed the paperwork, but I think it was closer to $2200. I only remember because he was comparing his deal to my previous ML350 lease and he was a little bit under my OOP on that which was $2206.

I have not been able to find any good deals on Limited. The bank just won't give the same MF, RV. I've tried negotiating the price down to almost $36k and no bank will give numbers anywhere near good enough for me to pull the trigger. So now I'm thinking of getting a used MDX or waiting a year for them to start pushing the Limited. Either that or my bonus is good enough to convince me to finance a Limited.
    I'm in the exact same boat. The MF/RV aren't good on the Limited only the laredos since those need to be sold at the dealership. I think the new Jeep incentives for lease (i.e. US Bank cash back) come out Feb 29. So I may wait until then. The Limiteds are selling well so it may be awhile before a good lease deal happens. Let me know if you find anything good.
    Bro look around for a limited with a couple miles on it, you ll get a good deal. Mine was on the showroom yea a lot of people sat in it but it doesn't bother me I'm only renting it. The new memory seats are a lot better than the old ones. You can set the level of hot or cold air, heated seats, mirrors, rear defrost, ac
  • filipatosfilipatos Member Posts: 3
    Here is some information as a guide to future buyers. Any feedback would also be appreciated

2011 JGC X Package 26x - no sunrook
    3 year lease 12k a year
    32k base value
    37K MSRP

$2k down out of pockets includes title, registration, etc
    $449 a month

Thoughts?
  • runnernicrunnernic Member Posts: 15
    Hey Everyone! Im in central jersey and went to the jeep dealer this afternoon. i drove the jeep and loved it im looking at the jeep cherokee with the 26X package, moonroof, and navigation, 12,000 miles, 36 month lease, with no cap cost reduction (i will put down the necessary fees/1st month payment). i was so disappointed in this dealer and the manager was beyond rude he kept telling me i would b in the upper 500's and was trying to sell me a jeep they had in stock with cloth interior and no sunroof... i'm going to look elsewhere... does anyone have an estimate on what lease price i should be around? thanks
  • runnernicrunnernic Member Posts: 15
    thank u i will try sansone bc i did not like the jeep dealer on rt 9 i went to
  • karchkarch Member Posts: 45
    Car_Man,

Do you have the residual value and money factors for March on the 2011 Laredo, 36 month, 36K mile lease?

Also, if you have the same factors for a likewise Limited, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  • valenkavvalenkav Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car_Man,
    Same question as #680 but about Overland. Lse 36/12 and 10K.
    Any information about incentievs? Any differencies between banks
    US bank and Ally? I am in Michigan. Val.
  • dmjf19dmjf19 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    I just got left a dealership in NJ and was offered the following deal... any thoughts you can provide would be great.

Laredo X Demo - Sticker price $38,210... (has Nav, Blackberry Paint, Tow hitch) also has 6000 miles on it.

$1800 down $469/mth... this payment included NJ state Tax and all doc & MV fees etc. 12K miles / year

I still thought it was a bit high... so I walked... It seems that people are getting them for less... Comments?
  • njleasernjleaser Member Posts: 1
    Sounds pretty good. I was shopping the V6 Laredo X and the Limited V6 this weekend. The Laredo X was quoted with money factor of 0.00016 and residual of 52% for 3yr/36K. With 500 over invoice on the X, NJ tax and no money down, the lease will come to about $505. If you paid the tax up front and and the truck has 6K miles, 470 seems pretty good. The Limited is crazy, they are not budging on the money factor of 0.0014 an residual of 45%. I dealt with a great sales person, very straight. He said Jeep is intent on marketing the Limited with the other premium SUV's. The Overland is an awesome truck, if I only had the coin. I didn't feel the Limited was THAT much better than the Laredo X, at least not worth the extra $200 month which is what they are basically asking (and getting according to my guy).
    I think it was a bit high as well. I got $1700 down (Total including VA taxes, etc..) Laredo 26X package, Tow package, all weather package for $480 month and it was a brand new car.

Does anyone know if there are any issues adding 20" Limited wheels to a Laredo? They're not offered as an option on the Laredo but that is the only reason I want the Limited so I may add them on aftermarket.
  • joejeepjoejeep Member Posts: 12
    I was interested in the Limited for the 20" rims. There are a few limited configurations with just the and 20" rims which added approx. 900 - $1,000 onto the base price of Ltd. However, they were not offering any incentives at all on the Ltd leasing. I ended up with the 26X and negotiated the 20" rims as part of the lease package. (long process...) The dealer started out stating it would be $2,500 at cost. I checked with a number of different dealers trying to get them to include the rims and none were willing. We eventually worked it out as I was walking away without them.

The 20" rims ride a bit trucky on the 26X but look really nice.

My deal was done in Mass.
  • thunderkodathunderkoda Member Posts: 1
    My lease is up in a few weeks on my 2008 Grand Cherokee. The incentives are horrible right now for a 2011 Grand Cherokee and gas prices are on the rise. I was just wondering if anyone thinks I should wait for better incentives down the road. I have another older Jeep so I don’t need to rush into another new one. Is Jeep as well as the other car companies going to have a melt downs again with gas prices sky rocketing resulting in big incentives??
    I would wait for better incentives. I need a car quickly so this might not be possible but there are no good incentives on the JGC Limited. There are decent ones for the Laredo such as the $1k cash back US Bank Lease. There are plenty of Laredos but Limiteds are the ones selling.
  • keek1keek1 Member Posts: 2
    i am on long island, looked at grand cherokee laredo with 26x, leather, sunroof and navigation. i am turning in a wrangler off lease so i get loyalty. the price i have on the table is 1000 out of pocket - $464/month - 36 months with 12k miles per year.
    hey guys, my lease was initially through ally but the finance manager calls me and tells me that ally rejected the offer cause my jeep was a demo with about 4400 miles on it so now i was mad as hell i had this vehicle since jan 29 and i was about to make my second payment but there was no account setup so i couldnt. So i had to redo the contract with us bank and it worked out a lot better cause they reduced the negotiated selling price even more than previous and now the buyout is $19703 from $22765 because ally charges that fee of $2500 and us bank does not. also i didnt have to make a feb or march payment cause they screwed up and didnt call me right away to tell me about ally rejection so my second payment of $509 is due in april and i must say that as incompetent as this dealership is they did do the right thing in the end. If you guys really want a limited get a demo they will negotiate the selling price with you, to a point where even though the mf and residual are bad the payment will still be low
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    My dad got screwed. He leased a truck in February 2011

He leased a GCL, MSRP $34,496 x 36mos (smart lease they call it w/ GMAC)

Residual $17,500

He traded his 2005 GCL for $12000 (he owed $5200 to the bank) so basically he put down $6800 CASH + first payment of $339

Payments $339 x 35mos.

Payout $20,000 (different from residual value) dealers said that the bank sets up payoff.

Aquis. fee $895
    Tax $900

yeah he is screwed. Then they called him to comeback and resign the lease, to $308 a mos, with $21,000 payoff.

WTF is that!!
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    did the dealer offered you US bank?
  • soup152soup152 Member Posts: 5
    Where in MA did you do the deal? What were the final numbers? I'm in MA and was debating between the Laredo X and Ltd.
  • joejeepjoejeep Member Posts: 12
    Soup,

The deal was done in Jan. at Lawless in Woburn MA. They were great to work with as I went to a number of different dealers. MSRP 37,750 not including 20" rims, 3/45 lease w/ $2500 down, $405/mo. includes ma tax. I traded my 2008 JGC which was end of lease.

Good Luck.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi karch. Chrysler's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD through Ally with 12,000 miles per year are 0.38% and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD are 2.82% and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thank you very much, sir.

Getting close to April now, I wonder what the new rates will be.

I just tried to put a deposit down on another vehicle, only to find out it was sold 20 minutes ago.
  • a2_m3a2_m3 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Hey Car_Man,

Great forum. Saved me thousands on my '11 BMW X5. Now I'm looking for a JGC Laredo X for my wife.

Can you please provide money factor and residual for 36 mth 12K and 36 mth 15K. (both ally and U.S. bank)

Also, we qualify for Chrysler employee pricing, but is there anything else I should be going after?? Other than employee pricing, I'm being told there are no extra rebates/dealer cash, etc.

Thanks!!
  • igotmadcloutigotmadclout Member Posts: 2
    Hi im new to leasing and when to a dealership ...

there offer was for a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 with a sunroof was

first they wanted 4k down with 480 a month for 36 months 12k miles a year .. i was like no way .. after some taking i got a offer for 5k down 390 a month for same 36/ 12k a year .. is this a good deal or should i shop around .. also this is in NJ ( if that matters ) ?

thanks for any responses
    Run away. Unless you have bad credit, they are trying to take you to the cleaners, IMO.

I won't put any money down, nor use a trade-in with any equity, on a lease. First payment, T&L, and maybe origination fee, that's it.

Again, this is my opinion only, but you asked for opinions.
  • igotmadcloutigotmadclout Member Posts: 2
    i actually got a 740 credit score .. so i thinks thats pretty good .. i only owned one used car after highschool .. then when i graduated college i was always give a work vehicle .. this is my first time leasing a vehicle and i didnt have any paperwork with me so i told them i would come back sometime this week
    what would you consider a fair deal for this truck ? .. here i am thinking its a good deal lol
    I would research, maybe truecar.com, then use a lease calculator or something like that.

Good luck.
  • hotstick12hotstick12 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys i have a deal on the table in Suffolk county long island NY for a Jeep grand cher X package w/ moonroof and nav on 36 month lease ,(msrp is 38,234.57 ) im paying (36,585).White exterior and black interior. They are taking back 4 payments of my current lease of 300.51 mo and rolling into the new lease.I also received $1000 rebate for coming out of a non Chrysler/dodge/jeep lease.They gave me a deal of $2022.07 down(includes tax/1st month payment) with 470 a month 12 k miles a year ! What do you guys think of this deal??Thanks in advance for any input !!Oh lease is thru Ally Bank.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    All,
    I have the following lease deal on the table, and I would appreciate folks' feedback.

GC Ltd. V6, 4WD
    - 20in wheels
    - Trailer hitch

36 month, 15K miles/year
    $648/month (includes tax)
    $0 down

Sales Price - $700 below invoice
    Residual Value = 45%
    MF = 0.00046

As an aside, can one negotiate inclusion of complementary maintenance for the 36 months?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm glad that you like this forum so much, a2_m3. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.38% and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 0.38% and 50%.

I haven't seen the US Bank program lately, so I'll have to ask around for that one for you.

I believe that Chrysler is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through US Bank right now, but nothing on leases through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dzl70dzl70 Member Posts: 1
    Good Afternoon,
    Wanted to know your opinion on a lease that was being offered me here in NJ. It's for a 2011 jeep grand cherokee with 26x package. They offered
    2499 down 3 years 12 miles a year @ 479 a month. I am returning my end lease vehicle which is a 2008 jeep liberty which has 2 more payments of 279
    left which they are taking care of and not including in the deal....This seems a little high to me considering what other people on here are paying. What's your opinion? do you think i can push more to get a lower monthly payment or does that sound right. the MSRP on the new vehicle is about $38,000. Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.
    Hey dzl, in a year or two from now these Cherokees will be leasing for a lot cheaper than now. They are new and the dealerships want to see what people will pay they want $600 and $700 for the limited and overland but only fools or people with a lot of money are paying that much. My advise is for the time being and unless you wanna wait a while is to lease a demo, look for one with low miles mine is a demo limited $44000 Msrp I got them down to $35500 and my payment is $509 monthly 2000 out of pocket and $19300 to buyout after lease which is awesome. I understand people don't like to have any miles on a new car but big deal its a rental. Good luck
  • miquelnymiquelny Member Posts: 6
    You are so right! The prices the dealers want for the new GC are absolutely ridiculous . Just 2 - 3 yrs ago these cars were sold with 25 % discount no problem. Now I have been offering like 15% off the MSRP and dealers are not even contacting me, like my offer is too far off... I am looking to lease this car in next 30 days, I appreciate any info you are posting here.
    Thanks and good luck!
  • cbarrscbarrs Member Posts: 27
    Hi Car Man,

Could you post May rates for 36 month/10K miles, Laredo/laredo x trim?

Thanks!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    You can't compare Grand Cherokee prices (or any car that matter) to that of 2-3 years ago. The current 2011 redesign was announced back in what, 2008 or 2009? The old body stlye Grand Cherokee was literally a dead duck for the past 2-3 years. Anybody could pretty much walk into a dealership and get one for between $8,000 & $10,000 off MSRP without even trying.

You can't expect that kind of discount on a brand new redesign in it's 1st model year. I'm not saying you should pay full boat MSRP, but there are NO factory to dealer incentives (cash back).

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Car_Man,

Can you please provide residual and money factor (or interest rate) for a Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x2, V8, 3 yr/36K mile lease?

I think I am finally about to close on a vehicle.

Thank you.
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Car Man,

Can you post the money factors, residuals, acquisition and disposition fees on both the Laredo and Limited for 36 months @ 15K miles?

Thanks!
  • soupstarsoupstar Member Posts: 6
    Looking to lease a 2011 Overland (non-summit model) and wondering what the MF, Residual and any incentives there are for 36mos/10K in May. Also, are prices dipping below invoice these days? Thanks.
    I was told today the lease interest rate is 0.15%, with a residual of 49%, on a 3yr/36K lease of a Laredo.

May sign papers in the next day or so.
This discussion has been closed.