Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• sw1024sw1024 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please tell me what the August MF and Residual numbers are for a Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4x4, Package 26X in Southern California? Thanks very much.
  • gokart508gokart508 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hello all, first timer here. Here is the deal i worked out. Live in South Florida

2011 JGC Overland v6 4x4

Sticker : 43,155

Total out of pocket : 1500

Monthly payment: 599 including taxes

39 months / 15k miles

What do you think?
  • jonw27jonw27 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you post the buy rate money factor and residual values for the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X, for a 36 month/15,000 mile per year lease, as well as for the 2012s if they've started arriving?

Thanks for your help!
  • aielloandrewaielloandrew Member Posts: 3
    Just leased a GC with X package , nav mrsp 36,900

1k out of pocket - included everything and first payment

440.00 per month includes tax

39 months + 15k per year

Any good??
  • gpargpar Member Posts: 7
    Where did you receive this offer?
  • zeroninezeronine Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Got a couple of quotes this week

2011 Larado X 4x4 sunroof 412monthly 39/12 with 2970 down.
    2011 Limited 4x4 sunroof 465monthly 39/12 with 3500 down
    2012 GMC Acadia 4x4 SLT1 sunroof 461monthly 39/12 3200 down

Are these good?

Long Island Nassau
  • cdoescher01cdoescher01 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,

Would you post residuals and moneyfactors for 2011 & 2012 Laredo X 4x4 for the Maryland area.

Thanks!
  • newcarnownewcarnow Member Posts: 6
    Can anybody help with 2011 Laredo and X and limited money factor and residual for the NY/CT area for 10k and 12k miles 36 months?

Thanks..
  • discount80discount80 Member Posts: 27
    Can someone review this for me?

2011 laredo with X 26 package.
    Sticker Price :$36,700
    Negotiated Selling Price : $30,895 + tax and tag

39 month lease 12k a year with inception down $1685 payment $419
    based on the residual 43% and a money factor of .00001
  • carhelp88carhelp88 Member Posts: 8
    I leased a 2011 Grand Cherokee X-package in February and I'm just curious on if I ended up getting a good deal. Too late now either way but

MSRP:$38,000
    Negotiated Selling Price: $~33,500

36 month lease 15K a year with $3400 down ($1,000 trade in, $2,400 cash) for $380/month. Did I get a fair deal at the time?

I am considering getting out of the lease through swap a lease and I am wondering how appealing this type of payment is if I wanted to get $1,500 back from the the acquirer.
  • g13g13 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2012 JGC yesterday. MSRP was $38,710.
    4X4, Navi, Panoramic Sunroof, Leather

Not sure what the MF or Residual % were but the deal was the following:

Total Out of Pocket: 1500
    Monthly Payment: $463 (tax included)
    State tax - NJ 7%
    Term: 36 months
    Miles: 15k per year

Important: I was a current lease holder of an Acura that gave me $1000 in incentives/rebates and the 7% tax rate will change depending on your state.

The discounted price used to figure out the lease was $36,866.57.
    Total payments for the 36 month lease: 19,705.00
    Residual Value: $20,129.20

I am almost sure I could have gotten the car for less than what I paid (based on discounted price), but at least you know what you shouldn't pay more than and it was not easy to get there!

Great car! Good luck to all potential buyers.
  • ajs122ajs122 Member Posts: 10
    went by a dealer for a trial drive for 2012 JGC. before leaving the salesman told me that his leasing man had told him that the residual had just jumped 5K. thats a serious jump. does anyone know or have any more information. if so that could have a serious impact on the monthly payment.
  • bammobammo Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo for $454 a month (36 months). I have a long commute so I needed 18k miles per year. Got the 26x package with panoramic sunroof and navigation. Put down $1200 plus title and tags (appx. $350). I think I got a fair price. Shopped 3 other dealers but this one gave best price. Any comments?
  • tywebb1973tywebb1973 Member Posts: 115
    Yeah, one of the big draw backs with the JGC was the poor lease deals out there. My wife and I are looking at various SUVs and would like to add the JGC to the list but if the residuals are poor, it's not worth it. We'll just look at a MDX or even an FX35 which has better residuals, money factors (and in the case of the FX35 some deep discounts off MSRP).

So if it's true that the residuals have jumped, that would be a big plus for us. Seems the Explorers residuals jumped a bit too based on what I have read in other forums.

I'll probably wait until November or December to see if I can get a better deal closer to year end but it would be interesting to see if the residuals have in fact jumped. We were looking at either the Limited or Overland.
  • rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91
    The lease MF and residual has not been posted in a while. Is there any way to find out the current rates?
  • becca300becca300 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man,

I'm in desperate need to know the October/ November MF and Residual values before I go to the Jeep dealer this weekend. Can you please post these for the 2011 Laredo X 4x4 and the Limited 4x4. Also, are these numbers the same for the 2012 models?

THANK YOU!
  • jeep_loverjeep_lover Member Posts: 6
    Is this a good deal -

2012 Jeep GC 26x - leather/nav/sun roof/blue tooth
    410/mo - no money down - just first month payment and dmv

New York location
    There are no leases for 2011 models anymore. I find that hard to believe. ANyone know anything about that?
  • becca300becca300 Member Posts: 11
    Not true... I bet they were just sold out of all 2011's and didn't want you to go to another dealer. Shop around-- i'm sure there will be a dealership (depending on what city you're in) with still some 2011's on the lot. I just looked at one yesterday to lease.
  • rad484rad484 Member Posts: 22
    Hey jeep_lover,

Can you tell me which dealership you got this quote from? Also what were the lease terms? 10k, 12k? 36 months, 39 months?

Thanks!
    hey bammo,

can i ask where you got this deal?
    hey g13,
    where'd you get this deal?
    well I went back to the local dealer here to get a ball park monthly payment estimate on a JGC. an item thats important to my wife and I is the memory settings for seat, mirrows, and steering wheel since we only own one car. well you can only get this feature on a outlander. so I asked him to get me an estimate for 2012 outlander, V6, 2wd, no money down, AAA credit, 10K miles/yr, list was 40900. he quoted me a residual of 52% for 36 months and the leasing guy told him that would $617/mo

now I didn't counter offer, or find out the MF or determine what the invoice would be . I just wanted a ball park estimate. that being said, with that kind of estimate why not get a Lexus RX?
  • bammobammo Member Posts: 2
    Larchmont Jeep Chrysler in Larchmont, New York
    my mistake, the model was a Limited.
  • mdc1114mdc1114 Member Posts: 11
    What are the lease numbers for the SRT-8. is there any dealer markup on those?
    Hey Carman,

Can you provide the November MF and Residual for Top Tier Credit on the Jeep GC Laredo 4x4 for 12k/36 months?

Thanks!
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    looking for 36 and 39 month lease numbers with 12 and 15k miles? Also any incentives in the northeast region that applies to leases or conquest? Thanks
    $1408 Due at Signing and 35 add'l payments of $408.

JGC 26x, Nav and Sunroof 12k/36months.

They wouldn't consider the deal without another offer in writing but eventually they budged. I just asked them to match what some of the lease brokers out there like legendleasing.com or bestbuyleasing.com are offering. They're great resources to help price match.

Recommend Farrish Jeep in Fairfax, VA
    Hey rad, was that a 4x4?

By me here in NJ, they are quoting sales prices that are still $2K over what Truecar and other websites are suggesting they are selling for. And of course, I get MFs and residuals all over the place. It's quite funny watching these guys lie to me.
    Yeah it was for the 4x4. Did you try requesting pricing on TrueCar and taking that in to the dealer. I believe they have to honor it as it's a "No Haggle" price. That should help. Also, if you're a current lessee, there's an additional 1k rebate available through Ally.
    I will try that. I assume that was for a 2012 or was it a 2011? Sorry for all the questions.

Just tired of dealers telling me the best they can do is $600 a month for an Overland or Limited with a few packages.

Hopefully car man can get some updates MFs and residuals for a 3 year, 36000 mile lease on the Limited and Overland. Again, dealers are all over the place with those numbers.
  • jginncjginnc Member Posts: 3
    Closed this deal last week in the southeast (NC)...

2012 Laredo X 4x4
    Laredo E group (mandatory with X package)
    Tow package
    Off-road adventure I
    Sunroof (single-pane)
    Media center 430N

MSRP 39,760 (inc destination)
    Agreed sale price 36,600
    Subtract additional 2500 in rebates (1500 SE lease incentive +1000 conquest incentive)

Adjusted cap is 34,864 after bank fees

money factor .00017. (0.4%)
    Residual 54% (21,470)
    $981 down to cover 1st month + various fees

$393/month for 36 months with 12k (.20 per mile excess)
  • fotomatt1fotomatt1 Member Posts: 3
    2012 GC Laredo X 4x4
    5.7L Hemi
    Power Liftgate
    Moonroof
    Aluminum Polished Wheels
    Trailer Tow Package
    Nav
    Chrome Package
    Backup Camera
    Bluetooth

MSRP $43,135
    Selling Price = $41,536 - 2 k in rebates, making the final price $39,536

Lease for 36 months @ 12k per year w/1000 out of pocket = $469 / month

Residual 54% MF 1.4
    Couple of questions on your guys' leases.

US Bank or Ally Bank?

I am looking at a Limited or Overland, would the residual be the same at 54% for 12000 miles per, 3 years?

I am getting dealers dropping $600 payments on an Overland with a MSRP around $43,000.
  • fotomatt1fotomatt1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm not sure which bank....however I'm not sure that the same residual applies to the limited and overland, as the dealership I'm working with told me that the residuals are lower on those models. This is why I'm considering a well optioned Laredo X that has almost as much in it as a Limited.
    Mine was through Ally. Finance guy told me all leases had to go through Ally now, don't know if that is true or not.

I'm not sure about the residuals on the other models. As far as getting a lower monthly payment your best bet is going to be negotiating the best selling price you can. In my experience with leasing (have done two prior with Honda) that is really the only variable in your contol. You can't do anything about residuals or money factors, they are set for whatever monthly deal is being offered. You can't negotiate bank or dealer fees, docs, etc., the dealers just don't budge on those. you can get them to throw in some freebies though. I got the slush mats and rear cargo mat thrown in along with four oil changes. Good luck!
    edited November 2011
    Totally understand that the place I have the best moving power is on price, but in a few previous leases, including one my wife did herself, the dealers played with the residual beyond what the finance company was offering to get a larger payment. I caught it before she signed the paperwork.

I just want to make sure that I am not getting the wool pulled over my eyes. I think I have the best prices on the two models I am looking at but just want to make sure the residuals are accurate.

Unfortunately, my wife likes the Overland and that residual is apparently 49 or 50% where the Laredo X is 54%. That's a 50-70 dollar payment difference a month.
    The other thing that makes me laugh is how the Jeep dealers around me have handled this.

I prefer to handle things over email to get details before going into the dealer. Going in blind usually results in a dealer throwing numbers at you and me eventually walking out. I like to calculate the lease, etc so I am armed with some knowledge.

We've looked at a lot of SUVs - including some Japanese models like the FX35, MDX and RX350. When I emailed two or three of the local Infiniti, Acura and Lexus dealerships to get information about residuals, money factors, etc. they respond within a day and usually get the information I would like.

When I emailed a bunch of Jeep dealers, I get the run around. Never get the information I want but rather the obligatory "why don't you come in and we'll talk numbers" responses.

It's pretty funny.
  • ocotillo27ocotillo27 Member Posts: 3
    Been shopping '12's in AZ. For what it's worth, present price (with conquest cash of $1,000 for presently leasing a "competitor's vehicle") is $33,878 for a white/black limited and a $35,116 for a black/black limited with premium wheels. Both are V6 and 4X2. Haven't gotten specifics on residuals/mf, but am leaning towards closing the deal. We have equity in our existing RX350, so waiting to see who will give us the best trade-in value. If anyone's in a similar situation, CarMax's offer was a slight premium over auction prices which you can find in other forums I believe on Edmunds for recent auction pricing on whatever vehicle you're exiting.
  • jeep_loverjeep_lover Member Posts: 6
    Guys,

Just was quoted JGC Larado X Nav and Sunroof - 399.98/mo 36mo 15k miles from Nassau County , New York Jeep Dealership -

Work the dealers -
  • flyingjockflyingjock Member Posts: 8
    Hi All,
    Newbie looking for some input on lease offer.

Tier B Credit (690)

$388 a month ... total C.O.D $1796

2012 Jeep Cherokee 4WD Laredo X pkge - Total MSRP $37970

The COD apparently includes CT Tax, first month, bank fee and DMV fees.

With Navigation they said it was $6 more per month and a COD of $1892.

If anyone knows of a better deal let please let me know.
    Do your numbers include tax?
    Does this include taxes, fees etc? Or will your drive off be like $1500?
  • KeerockKeerock Member Posts: 25
    Flyingjock,

I'm also about to do a lease in CT. Mine is MSRP $37,715 with discount and rebates down to $33,487 (this includes all fee, conveyance etc)

$448 a month for 36 months, 12k miles year.
    $638 on delivery which is the tax on rebates and first month.

How was your deal structured? Was that monthly including taxes? 12k miles per year? Sounds like a great deal if it was so who is your dealer?
  • edcard61edcard61 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car_Man, Can you please post the money factor and residual values for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, with the luxury and entertainment packages, for a 36 month/12,000 mile per year lease?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes, the $393 includes tax. I don't have the papers in front of me but I think tax was about $12/month.
    Ah ok. Great deal!

I think I see the difference from the deal I got in VA.
    In your region, there's 1500 incentive vice the 1000 by me. Also I think taxes in NC are 3% on the portion you use whereas in VA it's 3% of the gross sales price but I could be wrong. Either way the 500 difference makes our numbers jive much more! Congrats I love the car so far.
    Can you ballpark the fees for me? I suspect I am getting hosed.

One dealer wanted to charge me a $999 bank fee.

Typically on leases, $1000 should cover all the costs such as bank fee, doc prep fee, registration and tags here in NJ.

But I suspect the dealer is either giving me a terrible price or loading a ton of fees in there.

I got quoted $599 for an Overland and $575 for a Limited. I laughed at the guy on the phone.
  • discount80discount80 Member Posts: 27
    V6 RWD 2012 jcg x
    Nav
    Poower tailgate
    Sunroof (single pane)
    Laredo E group

MSRP $36,765.00

Final Negotiated Selling Price
    400.00 out of pocket
    405.55 a monnth + tax

They paid first payment and its 36/15k
    love the truck 260 miles in.