Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• 12chiro1212chiro12 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    Carman, thank you for all you do here!
    I live in NE Florida, Can you provide me with the Lease Rate, and Residual (10k, 12k, 15k) for
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4 x 2 ; 24X package. 24, and 36 months.
    Best
  • 12chiro1212chiro12 Member Posts: 2
    Can any one help me with the info I requested on post #867. I have been negotiating the last 2 days and need help to make sure I get a fair deal.
    Thanks
  • natalie02lenatalie02le Member Posts: 19
    Not sure I can help, but I can share some info. as a followup to my previous post. I wasn't able to get the advertised $319 deal. What I do have is this - Laredo 4WD with E pkg and tow pkg. MSRP $32,515. Agreed price is invoice ($30,983) less rebate ($1,500) equals $29,483. At this moment, I don't know exactly what dealer and/or acquisition fees are in my $3,000 down payment, but I do know the 1st payment is in there and I do not have to pay anything over and above the $3,000 (it includes tag transer, etc.). I owe 35 payments of $332 plus 7% tax for $355 total payment. Residual is 52% of MSRP ($16,908). 12k miles/yr. Comment on your deal - $411 including tax with $3k down on a Laredo X doesn't sound too bad to me. I have no comment on the theft code or theft/service insurance costs. Your residual seems high which does produce lower payments, so that is good. Even though most of the lease payment is the depreciation [(agreed price less downpayment minus residual)/#payments], the finance fee [(agreed price plus residual)Xmoneyfactor] can vary a lot between customers and dealers. Note - the "downpayment" amount in the depreciation formula is only the portion of the downpayment that goes to reducing the capitalized cost of the vehicle and would not include any acquisition, gap insurance, dealer, or any other fees. Hope that helps - at least it is a response. Good luck.
  • jbmcelyjbmcely Member Posts: 15
    Hey Car_Man thanks for the help on my Lexus Lease, I am looking at leasing a Jeep 4x2 Laredo X was wondering if you had the money factor and residuals for 3year/15k miles? Thanks again.
  • jaws4jaws4 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Folks,

I've been lurking on this great website quite a bit over the years, but never much of a poster. But, got what I think is a great deal and I wanted to make others aware of it in case they want to duplicate. Here it is...2012 JGC White/Black E pkg + Uconnect (brand new 14 miles)

MSRP $28,315
    Discount $5,500
    Purchase Price $22,815
    All Fees/Taxes $1,000 (so net net discount would be $4500)
    Upfront Payment $802 (1st month pmt plus $500 - We didn't pay the $500 because we used the Realtor rebate available from Chrysler)
    35 remaining payments of $302 (including tax, $283 pre-tax)
    $395 Lease End Fee (buyout or return)
    No security deposit
    MF - .000679
    RV - .51
    Term 36 months/12k per year

There was no negotiating necessary to get this deal. It is what is advertised on the Dealer's website. The dealer was extremely professional and performed exactly as I had hoped they would. If you are interested, there are probably 6-8 more base JGC available at this price (only white and silver on the lot currently in base model - they have many other better equiped units/colors but lease deals aren't quite as good because the $5500 discount remains the same on all units). This deal will probably change a bit on March 1 with new residuals, etc, but will still be a good deal after that I suspect.

Dealer Name - Ed Voyles Jeep, Atlanta/Marietta, GA
    Salesman - Jeremy Cloud, Internet Sales

I recommend these guys.

* For those of you interested in leasing, watch your back if it's Ally. They charge a huge fee ($2,500) at the end if you elect to buy the vehicle rather than turn it in.

Thanks and good luck! :)
  • louneinerlouneiner Member Posts: 6
    The Jeep web site shows a lease for $419 plus $3500 down on a 12K/yr lease for a Limited. I've asked two different dealers in town and both say they have no idea how to get to those numbers and using the Ally web site, they are coming up with monthly amounts around $560. So do the deals on the website amount to deceptive advertising or do the dealers here not know, or care, what they're doing?

Thanks

Lou
  • jaws4jaws4 Member Posts: 17
    Hey Lou,

I don't have the March lease figures, but I did get the figures for a limited in Feb before we did the base model deal above, and if you go with the Ed Voyles guys (if you are anywhere near Atlanta), by my math the $419 plus tax should be a layup. In fact, by my spreadsheet, you should be able to get there for about $1500-$2000 down, not $3500.

I'm not an expert here except out of necessity, so I would call Jeremy and tell him your interested in the deal Jay got, but on a limited and see what he can do for you. Watch that Ally buyout fee, it bit me in the rear, but Jeremy and Ed Voyles helped resolve this by switching us to US Bank.

PS - when we did ours a couple of days ago, jeep.com said $309 or $319 with $2500 down for a stripper + Uconnect. Our deal is $282 with $500 down. The deals are out there, you may just have to travel a bit.

Good luck.
  • jeepchi1jeepchi1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a little help. I'm looking to lease a Jeep GC Laredo X (26X package, 430N navigation, power sunroof, trailer tow) in Illinois and cannot tell if this is a good deal or not. I haven't leased before in Illinois and the taxes seem to be confusing me. I left the dealership with a printout of the figures that they ran.

MSRP 38,765

Price 35,500
    Rebate 1,500.00
    Cash 1,500.00

Residual .54
    Rate: .40
    Acq Fee: 795.00
    Adj Res: 20,933.10

Trade #1 4,000.02 (4k for the trade on my honda, to payoff the 4k I still owe on it. Yuck)
    Payoff #1 3,940.46

Tot Cap Red 1946.50 ?
    Tot Init Pmt 3059.56 ?

Govt Fees 145.00
    Total Taxes: 4,392.86
    Doc Fee: 161.35

Monthly Payment: $513.06
  • webiconswebicons Member Posts: 3
    Hello Carman and Forum Members!

All comments welcome on the following offer I received:
    2012 Jeep GC Laredo
    26X Package
    Laredo E Group
    Dual pane sunroof
    Media Center

MSRP: 38,810 (includes Destination)
    Negotiated: 36035.00
    15000 miles
    50% residual
    0.0001 MF
    Bank Fee: 695.00 - in Neg price
    Destination: 925.00 - in Neg price

Drive off: 853.47 (First month, DMV,tax, tire)
    Monthly: 498.97

They say that this is bottom line. Our corporate accounting dept is saying that this number is too high.

Any thoughts?
  • jeep_loverjeep_lover Member Posts: 6
    i pay 409 for a 2012 larado x- no money down
    Thanks for the reply.

Disappointed. The salesman said that they were "at invoice" blah, blah, blah...

Do you live in the tri-state area? I would love to speak to the dealership that you got your deal from.

Much appreciated.
  • its2loudits2loud Member Posts: 8
    Webicons,

How did you get this deal? The lowest I can find in my area for 2012 Laredo X is 488 36yr term 12k mileage. No money down.
    Capitalized Cost: 29,563.00 Cap Reduction: 1,509.75
    Bank Fee: 795.00 Doc Fee: 45.00
    Total Cap: 30,358.00 Tax: 132.10
    Cap Reduction 1,509.75 License Fees: 280.00
    Net Cap 28,848.25 Gov. Fees: 8.75
    Residual 51% 15,766.65 Advance Payments: 407.44
    Total Depreciation 13,081.60 Total Drive Off: 2,383.04
    Less Rebate: 1,500.00
    Depreciation: 363.38 Cash Due on Delivery 883.04
    Rent: 11.28
    Subtotal: 374.66 Interest Rate: 0.600
    Tax: 32.78 Term: 36 mos.
    Monthly Payment: 407.44

This is for a 2012 26e with the Security and Conv. Group and Laredo E Group 36month term, 12K miles.
  • bgcharbgchar Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Car_man

Can you tell me the residual% and MF for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee (4x4) Limited and also for the Laredo X. I was quoted at 49% and 47% respectively but an earlier poster in this thread said he got a 51% residual on a Laredo.

Also, any incentives I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.
  • chryslergroupchryslergroup Member Posts: 35
    bgchar,

I cannot answer the questions you have about leasing but as for incentives you can check the website, www.Jeep.com and enter your zip code to find out what incentives are being offered nationally and within your area.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC
    Hello its2loud,

It was pretty strait forward. The standard back and forth. It looks like you can get a better deal but out of the three dealerships in my area it seems to be from 480 - 518 for this configuration at 15,000 miles.
    Thanks for the response. I've been bouncing from dealer to dealer trying to get a straight forward offer from any of them and it's not happening. So frustrating. Does anyone know if the $1000 Jeep incentive is given back to the dealer from the manufacturer? If this is the case then there's no way I would ever agree to a purchase price above "invoice".
  • dman123dman123 Member Posts: 8
    lot of different mf and residuals posted here. anyone know the march mf and residual for a laredo x (4x2) 15k miles? thanks in advance
  • bassmiesternjbassmiesternj Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2012
    its2loud:

What was the MSRP of that Jeep ?

$31,072.00 ?
    $30,915 MSRP in 90046 zip
  • kefalonian1kefalonian1 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    2012 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4X4Base Price: $ 28,995
    Customer Preferred Package 24X $5300
    5.7-Liter V8 VVT Engine with Fuel Saver $1695
    Laredo E group $2000
    Power Single-Pane Sunroof $ 850
    Media Center 430N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3 $395
    DESTINATION CHARGE $ 825
    TOTAL PRICE:* $ MRSP 40,060

Quote dealer gave me was
    $7500 down payment (using trade in car)
    300 per month for 36 months

Is this good deal? To me seems like high down payment. I tried to start off talking about coming up with an agreed purchase price of car and then figure out the rest but dealer just talked about down payment and monthly payment numbers only.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi webicons. The lease rate that you were quoted looks good. The truck that you are interested in has a spread of around $2,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. There's a $1,500 cash incentive available on it on top of that, giving you a total of around $3,700 to play with in your negotiations. From the looks of it, you're probably at around $1,000 over invoice. If you're in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to do better than that, but it's not like this is a horrendous deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I certainly can bgchar. Ally's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.55% and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4WD are 0.4% and 50%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that Jeep is currently providing on leases of these trucks.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go dman123. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.6% and 49%.

Jeep is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • alphacar1alphacar1 Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,
    I'm a first time lease guy, don't know much about leases. Could you please help run the numbers form me so I can have an educated idea of what to look for when i visit the dealer.

MSRP $31,900.00
    Lease term 36 months
    up front money $2500.00 plus TTR
    do not know what my buy out is..... can you figure that out?

Again any help you can give to a newbie would be great. Thank you... Jerry
  • bassmiesternjbassmiesternj Member Posts: 48
    Car_man,

In your opinion, how would a FICO score of 670 affect getting a lease for a 2012 JGC ?

I'm assumming it is easier to get approved for a lease vs a bank loan for a new or used car.

Your thoughts ?
  • simikesimike Member Posts: 1
    Hey All,

Been looking at the Grand Laredo X package with nav dual sunroof and leather,

I got a quote today in NJ for

2500 due at sign covering fees etc,
    12k 36 months at 350 + tax per mon
    residual is 52 mf is 0001

Thoughts? I think its ok
    Also any input on if the ride control selector is worthwhile, i plan on occasionally running on the beach with it.
  • rad484rad484 Member Posts: 22
    I think that's a good deal and about the same as the one I secured in November. One consideration to make. The MF being .0001 essentially means you're at 0% interest. You're better off rolling the 2500 into the payments. Yes the payments will be higher but there's no reason to hand them 2500 upfront. You'd probably be looking at around 420+tax instead.
  • teddyboyteddyboy Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    2012 Jeep GC Laredo 4x4 Base: $28,995
    Customer Preferred package 26x: $5,300
    Laredo E Group: $2,000
    Panoramic SR: $1,195
    Nav: $395
    Dest charge: $925

MSRP: $38,810

Lease Deal offered:
    $429/ month
    36 months
    20K residual value
    12K miles/year
    $2800 due at signing (includes tax, title, etc)

Any feedback would be appreciated! Making the move this weekend.
  • pm22pm22 Member Posts: 2
    You noted that th3 $2800 includes tax, title, etc. If you don't mind my asking, where are you located and what is the tax. I ask because I think that is a decent deal, but where I am (Illinois) the the lease includes taxes on the full negotiated price of the vehicle.
  • pm22pm22 Member Posts: 2
    I have never leased a car before, only bought, so this was going to be a new experience. I did some research on this site and thought that I had an idea of what to expect and was really frustrated with the dealer. I couldn't resolve the number they were giving with what I read hear so I walked out and now think that I need to regroup. Also, they wouldn't print anything out for me so I had to actually take a picture with my phone of the numbers. Anyway, the lease proposal is below and I assume this is awful but I would really like some feedback.

Grand Cherokee Laredo X / 4x4 / Nav / Dual pane sunroof
    MSRP: $39,305
    Negotiated price: $34,885

36 months - 12,000 miles/year
    Residual: 52%
    Rate: 1.4% (he wouldn't let me see the "money factor")
    Down payment: $2,800
    Monthly: $529

I am in Chicago so there is an additional 7% use tax, and in Illinois I think you pay taxes on the whole purchase price at 10.25%. I still couldn't get the number to make sense.

Any feedback would be really helpful and if someone could post the Ally April rates for the above that would be wonderful. Thanks.
  • miquelny1miquelny1 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    The monthly payment is too high. I got a quote for similar car in Paramus, NJ: 2K out of pocket and $460 per month. Despite some extra taxes in your state, the numbers you got do not make sense... You have to really watch out, this dealer was trying to make some serious profits...:) Same thing happened to me at Warnock/Nielsen in East Hanover, NJ, they robbed me blind. They actually managed to do that, because they tricked me, so I am out of money and no way to complain...

Good luck!
  • ucla56ucla56 Member Posts: 13
    What are the current terms for Grand Cherokee Laredo for 36 months and 12k miles?
    Thanks
  • joeblack377joeblack377 Member Posts: 5
    First time posting on the forum so any help would be greatly appreciated! I have agreed to lease a 2012 JGC Laredo X , 4x4, 5.7 v8, 430n media center, sunroof , power lift gate, offroad adventure 1 package, leather seats, select terrain etc. msrp on vehicle is at $41255 with ep bought down to $36525. Tax and tags brings it to $37320. leasing for $335/month $3800/down 12k/36 months. Getting a lot of horror stories from friends about leasing and how at end dealer got the best of them (don't want to be one of those guys with buyers remorse) love the truck just need a little reassurance first time lessee. Signing paperwork in two days.
  • chryslergroupchryslergroup Member Posts: 35
    ucla56,

Lease a 2012 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4X4 for $249 per month for 36 months. Total due at signing: $1,876. No security deposit required.

You may want to visit, www.Jeep.com for more information.

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC
    edited April 2012
    Any money down on a lease is a lose, lose situation. You might as well be throwing that money in the garbage. Negotiate the purchase price of the vehicle first, then tell the dealer you want to lease it. Check every term of the lease and do not put any money down to reduce the CAP cost. Taxes, Title, and Acquisition fees are the only items you should pay for when taking deliver of the vehicle.. This is what I've been told and what I've been reading on here and other forums time and time again.
  • joeblack377joeblack377 Member Posts: 5
    Thank's 2loud, had negotiated the price down to 36 from close to 42. so the only thing added to it was the tax and title. which bought it up by a grand. Wife was actually deciding factor she doesnt want to pay more than $340 a month hence the $3800 down. Happy wife happy life!!
  • mom2addimom2addi Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    I haven't leased since 1993.Anyway, the lease proposal is below and I would love to know what everyone thinks before I go for it. Need help fast please!

Grand Cherokee Laredo X / 4x4 / Nav / sunroof
    MSRP: $38,485.00
    Negotiated price: $34,500

36 months - 15,000 miles/year
    Down payment: $3000 includes1st payment,start up,taxes &tags & cap reduction
    Monthly: 419
    purchase at end of lease19,242

Not sure of important questions to ask. please help. Valerie

Any feedback would be really helpful.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Valerie

What does the $3000 "down payment include?"

I don't advise "putting money down" as a capitalized cost reduction or paying sales tax up front. If your car is stolen or totaled at any point during the lease, that money is lost.

What is the money factor or lease rate they are charging you?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

the money factor is .40, and 50% residual.

They also said how about just putting 1500 down and my payment would be 465.
    The only upfront costs you should be paying are:

1st month's payment
    Security Deposit (they should waive this if you have excellent credit)
    Bank Fee

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Ok thanks for your help. Do you think it's a good lease assuming I work the last part out?
  • thebigtuna79thebigtuna79 Member Posts: 18
    Currently leasing a 2010 VW CC Sport with 18K miles that is in mint condition. Stopped off at my local Jeep dealership to trade it in on a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 with Bluetooth (Convenience Package), Moonroof, Push Button start and Chrome Running Bars. MSRP on the truck was just over $34K. He was trying to sell me the car for just over $30K (about $3K off MSRP). Buyout on the VW was $17,986 and he offered me $18,500 (positive equity) but it seems im trying to get taken on the lease end, as the payments came out to $369 a month with 10K miles on a 36 month lease. Thats only with first month and DMV out of pocket (about $550 or so.

I told him I wanted to be at $350 a month with 12K miles, with only first month ($350) and DMV (approx $200) out of pocket. Thats with tax and everything included, and them taking me out of my VW lease and buying out my current car outright. Still waiting to hear back from dealer to see if they even want to do the deal, but if they do I will prob jump on it.

Oh residual was 52% (aweful) and MF was 0.0014 (i think)
  • thebigtuna79thebigtuna79 Member Posts: 18
    Lisa, nowhere on the website does it give this offer?
    Using the MSRP, residual, & selling price you provided me + the .0014 (3.36%) money factor provided by another poster (it can't be .4 as you stated), I plugged the numbers into leaseguide.com's calculator & got a pre tax lease payment of $499/month with a $0 cap cost reduction.

Where did you get your selling price from? You should plug your Jeep's options into edmunds.com here & make sure you are buying the Jeep for at least invoice, maybe less if there are incentives out there.

Good luck & let us know what you come back with.

• ucla56ucla56 Member Posts: 13
    Hey Lisa, Sounds good but I don't see the info. Any more help please?
    Wow 10.25% tax, pm22. I'll never get used to seeing that. Ouch.

Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee X 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.4% and 52%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello ucla56. Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.4% and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jeepgc12jeepgc12 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

This is my first time leasing and I need to make sure the deal is OK. This is for a 2012 GC Limited 4x4 3.6L V6 with Luxury Group II and 20" wheels.

MSRP $42,510
    Negotiated Price $38,300
    $2,452 due at start including first payment, plates, doc, and title
    Monthly payments $456 + tax ($485 including tax)
    10k miles per year / 36 month term
    Money factor is .0055
    Residual is 51%
    Buy out at end of lease is $24,180

I have a 782 credit score, so paying 13.2% APR (.0055 MF) seems really high. How does that residual value compare? Per Truevalue.com, $38,300 is a great price for the car, but are these payments fair? What should I negotiate for?

Thank you!
    Jim
  • jeepgc12jeepgc12 Member Posts: 3
    To clarify, the interest rate used in the lease is 0.55%, not a .0055 money factor--the dealership misquoted me originally.

Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.