Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• lakeview88lakeview88 Member Posts: 4
    Carman....also a limited model as well please?!
  • lakeview88lakeview88 Member Posts: 4
    Saucemang, can you tell me what money factor and residual were included in your deal? As well as where you purchased? Sounds like you did great! Thanks.
  • uwgrantuwgrant Member Posts: 1
    MSRP: approx. $33,500
    15,000 miles
    no down payments
    39 month lease
    $415 /mo (includes tax)

Based on other recent posts this seems a little high but I am very new to leasing. I would greatly appreciate anyone's advice.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi buddyluv1. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 50%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD are 2.47% and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi emc9. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 47%.

When negotiating your deal make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello lakeview88. Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 52%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 0.25% and 49%.

The numbers for the '12 Limited 4WD are 0.57% / 48% and 0.57% / 46%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • onlyinaonlyina Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please help with:

November lease incentives, money factor & residual for 2013 Jeep GC Laredo X 4x4. Jeep's home page is advertising $359 w/$2,499 due at signing for one with a MSPR of $39,685 and dealer contribution.

- Automatic, 4X4, V6
    - 36 month lease
    - 12,000 miles/year
    - Mpls / St Paul area

Thanks!
  • jgreenbergjgreenberg Member Posts: 35
    Car Man,

Can you please help with the November money factor and residual in the Fort Lauderdale - Florida area - for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 x 2 with the 26X, Laredo E and Uconnect 430 N packages for 36 months and 12,000 miles per year.

Total MSRP: 36,485
    Selling Price: 34,528
    Dealer Doc: 100
    Bank Fee: 795
    M.V.: approx 215
    Lease incentive:1,500
    No Money Down - first month out of pocket.

Dealer has stated Interst rate is .01 (not money factor which calculated is .000004166) and residual of 48%

Using the above info (residual look low) I calculate the monthly payment before sales tax of $462.
  • elmago99elmago99 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

First Post. I am very interested in the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 Altitude. The one with the black rims and grille.

I was quoted after a little negotiation the following deal:

36 Months
    $2000 due at signing (Taxes and first month payment)
    $449/month
    15k Miles/year

Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal. Also perhaps the residual value of this car?

Anyoen think it's worth it to get this special edition, or can I get the regular Laredo in the 300's/month?

Thank you
  • jeffnycjeffnyc Member Posts: 6
    Trading in a lease with $4800 in payments left.
    Trade in has appx $21k buyout and dealer says its only worth $17k
    '11 Honda Accord EX-L........ok fine...so I guess I gotta come out of pocket somewhat to get out of this current lease?

New Lease on '13 JGC ALTITUDE MSRP $41,080
    They want $505 per month 39mos @ 12k miles per year
    And they want $2,495 down plus first month at signing for total of 3k plus Reg costs ...which I gotta pay anyway so that's fine ...only about $130 for NY Reg.

I've been shopping dealers for a month and this is one of the better deals I've negotiated as 3-4 other dealers would not be in this neighborhood price wise.

I don't feel like its a great deal...I'm wondering if getting out of the current lease on the Honda is really hurting my deal or if they are just blowing smoke.

I would feel more comfy with $450 per month and 2k down but no dealer to date has accepted that offer so maybe this is where I'm gonna be to get this truck. It's a beautiful truck..but....

Anyone with some insight would be greatly appreciated . Thanks.....Jeff
  • dave_007dave_007 Member Posts: 23
    I'm looking for the November MF and residual info for a '13 JGC Overland Summit V8. 24 or 36mo lease with 12K/yr. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave
  • ry45guyry45guy Member Posts: 3
    I am new to leasing and was looking into leasing a Grand Cherokee Limited MSRP is 41,615. Terms would be 36 months/3 years. What would be a good negotiating cost, down payment, and monthly payment? I live in south jersey. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I heard it would be better to try to do this deal at the end of the month because salesmen are trying to meet some sort of quota. Any truth to this?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Save Reply Edit Delete
    #867 of 867 Just leased 2013 JGC Altitude V6 by jeffnyc
    Dec 03, 2012 (9:57 pm)

MSRP $41,080

Total out of pocket at signing
    $1,708 Down
    $1,677 Tax
    $525 First Payment
    $140 Registration
    ----------------------
    $4,000

$525/ 36 months/ 12k miles

It feels high but I also traded in my 2011 Honda lease with $4,850 left in payments and a buyout of $21,600 on a car that really might only hold $19,000+ value in the re-sale market.

If I just walked in without the Honda and $0 down I might have got it for $450-475 a month and would have saved the Down payment, tax, and first payment up front......I think. Honestly I don't even care...this truck is on FIRE!!!

In my opinion if you can stay sub $500 a month with nothing out of pocket at signing then u got a decent deal. Keep in mind they have plenty of Laredo X trucks that u can definitely steal for a very fair price.

Good luck..hope this helps......Happy Holidays
  • dave_007dave_007 Member Posts: 23
    I am currently negotiating a deal on a JGC Overland Summit. I would love to know what the current rate and residuals are for December. I'm assuming the $500 incentive and I can also take advantage of the VW conquest $1000 as I am currently leasing a VW CC. I'm looking for a 24 or 36 month lease with 12K miles.

I'm going to try to get a copy of the complete worksheet from my dealer and I'll share whatever I get. Without knowing what's available out there, I feel like I'm flying blind!

Car_man, if you could share anything you can find for December I'd be forever grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Dave
    I just got a quote from the dealer of $4000 out of pocket and $455 a month. That's with 12k/yr for 36 months and a trade in of a 2010 Nissan pathfinder with 9 months left on the lease. I'm gonna try to get them down to 420/month.
    I would jump all overt that deal..the truck is mint bro! Get yourself a early Christmas gift
    Yea im still holding out for the 420 but I haven't heard anything from the salesmen in like a week so its looking like going to the dealer 20 mins up the road or a call to the sales manager. I shouldn't have to badger him for the sale haha.
    Yea I def overpaid but I wanted it now and in the mineral gray....I woulda been ecstatic at $475 month ...I never had a vehicle so nice
  • dcf1955dcf1955 Member Posts: 41
    Hi CarMan! Do you have the December MF rate and residual on a 36 month 12k/yr lease for 2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4x4 with the preferred package 26x (MSRP 38115). Do the numbers look better for 42 months? Whats the change in residual for 15k miles/yr. Thanks!
    Hello Dave. Ally's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 55%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.32% and 45%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Ryan. If I was interested in leasing a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the $1,500 cash incentive that Chrysler is providing on leases of this truck right now.

You can look up this truck's exact dealer invoice price, as you want it equipped, over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you have that figure, let me know what it is, along with the MSRP if it changes, and I'll use the current lease program to crunch some numbers for you.

Generally speaking the end of the money is usually the best time to purchase or lease a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Dave. I just replied to your earlier post. Please scroll up a message or two for my response. Thanks and good luck in your quest for a new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for dcf1955. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.05% and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't think that Chrysler is providing support on 42-month leases of this truck right now, but the 39-month numbers are 0.05% and 50%.

The residual values for a lease with 15,000 miles per year would be 2% lower.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that Chrysler is currently providing on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • dcf1955dcf1955 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks so much Car_man. Could you clarify the .05% base lease rate from Ally? I'm used to MF rates shown as .0012, or something similar, where you then multiply it by 2400 to get a decent idea of the annual interest rate. Is a base lease rate of .05% equal to .05% annual interest? Thank you for your time.
  • rundyrundy Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please help with:

December lease incentives, money factor & residual for 2012 Jeep GC Overland?

Thanks!
  • ocmonkeyocmonkey Member Posts: 4
    Car Man, just to make sure I'm understanding your post #993 above, that .05% is equivalent to a .00002 money factor?

This is on a 2013 Laredo X 4x4, 36 months at 12k miles per year.

Thank you!
  • jdurham2012jdurham2012 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hi everyone,

Can I get some advice? I'm negotiating with a dealer on a JGC with the altitude package. I'm going in tomorrow AM to finish the deal one way or another... Here are the details:

MSRP: 41,000
    Initial Cap Cost: 38,500
    Rebate 1,500
    Due at signing; 3,500
    ADDS CC-ACQ,LT,DOC: 1,400 (I'm not sure what this is, it's just on the sheet here)
    LEV: 52%
    APR: .05
    Term: 36
    Miles: 12K
    **Trade Allowance: 28,000** Here's the thing, I could sell my car to carmax for 30,000. what option is better? trade it with my new lease or take the 30K from carmax?
    Taxes.

I also negotiated free oil changes for 3 years.

MONTHLY PAYMENT: Right now, with my trade in, I've got the to $445 per month.

Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I need to provide additional information!

Thanks all! Jim
  • dzrvbtrdzrvbtr Member Posts: 1
    I live in NJ & need some help with a new lease on a new jeep GC limited 4x4. I have no clue on what I should pay I do know the invoice is $39,155 with UConnect 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
    & 20" x 8.0" Aluminum Painted Wheels
    package. I am looking for a 36 months lease and a 10k miles a year lease. can someone give me some prices or what would a good deal be?
    You're very welcome dcf1955. Ally does things a little differently than most banks. It publishes lease rates (or interest rates) instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly rundy. Chrysler is not providing lease support on the 2012 Grand Cherokee any longer. Here's the numbers for the 2013 model.

Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Chrysler is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • carbokcarbok Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2012
    Need help on this deal.

2013 jeep grand Cherokee with nav, lift gate, climate package, remote start, unconnect 43k sticker. The lease paperwork looks weird but the monthly seems good. 500.90 per month 0 out of pocket but first month payment and they are giving me 2500 for my lease that I have 3 payments left on. Think price is around 35 or 36. Should I do this or ask for more. Deal started at 531/month and went to 500.9 and 2500 cash in hand. Should I ask for more or snap this up? Going in to or row at 9am and its 8:07 now. Forgot to add it has 20inch wheels. Basically the limited minus wood trim and smaller wheels.
  • jeepheep62jeepheep62 Member Posts: 3
    I wanted to post this to see if I could get some feedback from you guys. (Not a lease but straight purchase - no trade in.) I just walked away from an offer and need a sanity check. I am located in MA and was dealer with jeep dealers in state. Basically a dealer I was trying to work with was only willing to go 9% off of list. This was end of month (last 2 weeks) in december 2012. It was on a loaded up Grand Cherokee laredo. (tow, leather, sun, quadra-2) I did ping other dealers but no one had the exact config. This dealer has 2 or 3 of this config sitting on their lot.

MSRP: $40,775.00
    Their offer they would not budge off of: $37,000.00 (plus tax, title etc)

I offered 14% off, was willing to bump up to 13%. They would not budge at all. I walked away from this offer.

Am I being unreasonable?

(I think they start placing orders for 2014s in late Jan or Feb. Those have a slight change to the body style and CRD will offer big jump in mileage.) Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • carbokcarbok Member Posts: 11
    Update to my post. Lease went down to 500.90 Laredo x MSRP 43k. They also gave me 2500 cash 4 oil changes and weather mats. I took the deal. Went to sign lease and something odd happened that I am not sure is legit but maybe someone here can answer. My residual on the car is 22k but my buyout at lease end is 25k. They told me that is how jeep does it but seemed strange. Anyone know if I made a mistake here?
  • jeep_loverjeep_lover Member Posts: 6
    December deal I made

2013 laredo x - w panarama roof
    15k miles (39 months)
    no money down - everything rolled including taxes - only thing I paid for were plates.

My friend did the same deal - laredo x w panaram roof
    12k (39 months) - $399 -
    long island ny
  • bball23bball23 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what dealer. I live on Long Island. I'm sure there are different incentives now but seems like your dealer is willing to negotiate. Thanks
  • jplumley77jplumley77 Member Posts: 7
    Car Man,

Could you let me know what Hahn (possibly Ally's) money factor and residual are for this month? I'm going with an 2013 Altitude MSRP $41,670. I think Hahn has a $5,000 rebate this month. A friend just got 53% residual on a Laredo with E package with Hahn.

Thanks!
    I forgot to add that I'm looking at 15,000. Thanks!
  • jerrykenjerryken Member Posts: 14
    I'd take that deal in a minute. Where is the dealer please? I was just offered an GC X package w/ 15k miles for $419/mo BUT w/ $5,000 down!! Where can I get the GC X w panaram roof and 12k (39 months) for $399 ? Thanks.
  • jeep_loverjeep_lover Member Posts: 6
    East Hills
    Roslyn NY

ask for Greg L -
  • jerrykenjerryken Member Posts: 14
    Will do. Many thanks Jeep Lover.

Jerry
    Jeep Lover,

Could you give me a few specifics on your lease? I'm looking for an Altitude and they have a few. I would really appreciate it.

MSRP
    Cap Cost Reduction
    Cap Cost
    Rebates
    Leasing Company
    Residual
    Money Factor
    Leasing Company

I'm from NJ and am shopping all over. I've found that each dealer has different lease companies and different incentives. I'm really interested in what rebates are out there. I think that some decent rebates just ended on 1/3.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm going to call them today thanks to you!
  • drdrakeramoredrdrakeramore Member Posts: 49
    I spoke to a dealer in the Denver market this week and he told me current residual for a 2013 GC Limited is
    * 54% for 15K
    * 56% for 12K
    * 57% for 10K

It appears the lease APR is 1.45% from jeep.com (although this guy gave me numbers that come out to close to 1.488%). $1500 rebate for getting the V-8 plus $1000 for currently leasing another car. This dealer had a Winter Chill LTD w/ Trailer IV and V-8 for $36,998 advertised on the internet, non-negotiated (13.2% off MSRP).

I'd be interested to know what Car_Man knows...
  • alsnook123alsnook123 Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

Are the residuals you posted for 36 months? Does anyone know if the residuals change if its an Overland?...or are they the same as the GC Limitted?

Thanks,
    Al
  • drdrakeramoredrdrakeramore Member Posts: 49
    Yes, these were for 36 months. Sorry, need Senior Car_Man to weigh in on Overland...
  • michigander13michigander13 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I've seen a lot of different posts and pricing around GC's in other locales, but am wondering if anyone has any experience in the Midwest or even better in Michigan?

Currently, dealer is offering 2013 GC X Package for $349/month w/ $2,500 down.

Does this rate seem "fair" / appropriate? Is there a significant advantage or disadvantage to moving to the Limited model?
    Hi jplumley77. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 55%.

I haven't seen the Hahn lease program for the Grand Cherokee, but I can see what I can find out about it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drdrakeramore. The residual values and 1.45% lease rate that you mentioned are right on the money.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Al. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.93% and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • alsnook123alsnook123 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks Car man,,,

for anyone else who is interested I called a dealer in Charlotte NC today and they said that US banks residual on overland 4x4 for 36 months is 55% for 12K miles and money factor is .00041

Al
    You're welcome Al.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.