Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Land Rover Range Rover. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• hroarknychroarknyc Member Posts: 1
    I am interesting in Leasing a Range Rover HSE with luxury package with next two weeks. 36 Months, 12,000 Miles, Taxes over term of lease, no $ down. What is the best Monthly Payment being offered?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings hroarknyc. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the truck that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the Range Rover that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • sam818sam818 Member Posts: 127
    I purchased my last RR, a 2004 to take advantage of the $100k cap on depreciation.
    I have now ordered a 2006 SuperCharged.
    Can any dealer finance guys give me some idea as to what the lease rates are for 2006, and if I should expect some discount from MSRP... I have already upped a $5k deposit on an ordered vehicle.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    I would not expect a discount on the SC range unless you are a very loyal customer. We have only discounted one of our SC Range Rovers and that was only because the customer buys two range Rovers every two years and his trades are in immaculate condition. We gave him a thousand or so off. I do not know what lease rates are.
  • raffy1raffy1 Member Posts: 1
    I too recently placed a deposit on a SC RR, the truck is to arrive in early November. Prior to making my purchase, I checked all of the Land Rover deadlerships in the San Francisco Bay Area and none were discounting this vehicle at the time of my purchase, which was about 3 months ago. I don't believe that gasoline prices will make a difference for those purchasing this type of vehicle and don't expect that prices will be reduced at any time soon.
    Hi sam818. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, so I will give you the lease program for a typical 3 year, 15,000 miles per lease of this truck. If you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged through Land Rover Capital Group's new fourth quarter program for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00261 and 58%, respectively.

As far as this truck's selling price goes, I would not expect much of a discount - especially on an ordered vehicle. You may be able to find more information on how much you should pay by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover Range Rover".

Car_man
    Host
  • wirefreewirefree Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to purchase a 2006 RR HSE w/ heating package, can you workout the lease payments for me?

MSRP-74,500

Price Negotiated- 67,500
    w/options- 70,500
    12kyr/36 months
  • lookinforhelplookinforhelp Member Posts: 6
    Hey wirefree,

In what state are you located? That deal is below X-plan pricing.
  • wirefreewirefree Member Posts: 4
    I'm in Virginia.
    I would be happy to estimate what this truck's lease payment should be like for you, wirefree. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE with an MSRP of $74,500 and a selling price of $70,500 through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $1,035.

Car_man
    Host
    Are you sure you are not looking at a 2005 Range Rover? MSRP of a 2006 Range Rover with Heated accesories package is $76,650. The MSRP of a 2005 Range Rover would be $74,385 so much closer to your stated price. There is also $5000-6000 worth of rebates on the 2005 Range Rovers.

I can't see any dealership giving you that much off of a 2006 Range Rover but a 2005 would make sense.
  • robertd1robertd1 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

What's the current money factor and residual for a 2006 (regular- not supercharged) with the Luxury Package and Heating Package?

30-36 Months- 10-12K Miles per year?

How much should I expect off the MSRP for an in stock truck?

Thanks so much in advance.

Best,

Rob
    Hi Rob. If you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Luxury through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00290 and 55%, respectively. Its 10,000 miles per year residual value would be 1% higher. I have not seen this truck's 30 month lease program recently nor am I all that familiar with what sort of discount you can expect on one so I can't help you out there. Sorry.

Car_man
    Host
  • ajn999ajn999 Member Posts: 16
    Hi: Im in NY and I think I got a good deal. Sticker was 76500 and I had the 2000 coupon plus I got another 3600
    off that. Lease price with zero down plus taxes bank fee
    ($4200) is $999 for 30 mos with 12k/yr This is our 4th land Rover purchase so I think I got a nice deal.
  • graham5graham5 Member Posts: 1
    What is the 2000 coupon? how do you get one?

thanks,graham
  • ajn999ajn999 Member Posts: 16
    They were mailing them out, but I also found a $2000 coupon in this months Fortune or maybe it was Forbes magazine Good till the end of year
  • josegurajosegura Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a quote for 06' 30-36month/15k for RR Sport($62k w/options and destination) and RR HSE ($77,450 w/opt. and dest.). No money down.
  • gfarrargfarrar Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info on the coupon.. I looked thru forbes and Forunte and saw a Land Rover add in one (forbes) but nothing else. I called Land Rover and depending on who i've talked to they have varied from telling me about the $1500 rebate for the LR3, to knowing nothing about it, to telling me that i had to attend an event to get one. I am a previous Range Rover owner and would really like to find one of these coupons.

Thanks for anyones help. Have a spare? i'll pay postage. :)

thanks again,
    -graham
  • bigbucks2bigbucks2 Member Posts: 1
    I was offered a similar lease program the other day supposedly new lease program. I'm jumping on it.
  • wesamwesam Member Posts: 13
    Car_Man,

Can you please provide me with the residual and money factor rates for a 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE? I would like to do either a 30, or 36 month with 15K per year. Also, what other fees do they charge? I'm in Wisconsin if that helps.

Thanks,

Wesam
    Hi Wesam. Here's the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00304 and 55%, respectively. At lease signing, you will have to pay this truck's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, Land Rover's $495 lease acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • 06hse06hse Member Posts: 4
    I think I got a pretty good deal on my 06 Rover

12k/year
    36 months
    No money Down
    tax over term
    74,400 final price after options
    $1151 a month
  • monylinemonyline Member Posts: 2
    Hey British----can you tell me where you got this deal? It looks like a great deal from what I'm seeing in California.
  • monylinemonyline Member Posts: 2
    06HSE-------------Where did u get this deal? Does anyone have dealer recommendations in California?
  • drekel2005drekel2005 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in leasing a 2006 RR Sport HSE. I live in Los Angeles, Ca. My credit is +700, would like to lease for 3yrs, no down, no buyout. I have seem a invoice price for $51,447.00. What is the best monthly payments I should be asking for? I called the Encino RR dealership and they said $900+tax. Is that the best I can get???

Thank you in advance for your time and effort
  • jaturnerjaturner Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

You have some accurate and good info. I was trying to get the residual and money factor on a '06 Range HSE Supercharged. Looking for 30 or 36 months at 15,000 per year. Any Help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Hi drekel2005. I'd be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be like on this truck for you. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the full MSRP (with the destination charge added in) of the exact model that you are considering leasing. Let me know and I'll run some calculations.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Jim. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00314 and 50%, respectively. I haven't seen this truck's 30 month numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    They are ugly. LRCG got tired of people doing 30 month leases and so made the residuals and money factors for those leases very bad. At least that is what I am guessing by looking at the programs.
  • drekel2005drekel2005 Member Posts: 2
    Hi car Man,

I appreciate all your help. The MSRP is $58,000.00

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
    You're right, british_rover. Land Rover really isn't providing any sort of lease support on SuperCharged Range Rovers in general. I guess that the sell well enough on their own that they don't need it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drekel2005. If you are implying that you can get this truck for dealer invoice, you are getting a heck of a deal on it. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with an MSRP of $58,000 and a selling price of $51,447 through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $810.

Car_man
    Host
  • adybugsadybugs Member Posts: 3
    Hi, any help and information is appreciated.

I have always financed my last two vehicles, but I am thinking about leasing a RR Sport. Or just leasing in general.

I'm looking at the 2006 RR HSE Sport. MSRP is $57,250, no money down, 36 month lease and my credit is not really good. Can you lease a RR w/ not so perfect credit? And can you calculate a monthly payment?
  • cazabanksbirocazabanksbiro Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for help in finding the best lease rates in the UK for a Range Rover, with maintenance and with mileage of 15000.
    Can anyone help?
    Hi adybugs. you should be able to lease a Land Rover if your credit is not perfect, but if it is terrible you might not be able to. If your credit rating is low enough, it could have an adverse impact upon the money factor that you qualify for. I'd be happy to give you an idea of how much it would cost to lease the truck that you are interested in right now, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with an approximate selling price for it. You might be able to get an idea of how much you should pay by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an idea of how much you want to pay, let me know and I'll run some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrpierremrpierre Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,

Looking for the best lease pricing I can find on a 2006 RR(HSE) - would appreciate any assistance you can give - Live in Scottsdale, AZ - MSRP is $77,450 but will be using Ford Family A plan(I believe)to get invoice pricing or close to it on the vehicle. Destination charge is $715 - Credit score is in the mid 700's. Could you work up the numbers for me - I am looking to put something together in the next couple of weeks or so. Also is residual value a % of MSRP or a % of Cap Cost? - What are the current residual figures being quoted on a 2006 RR 3 year lease at 15K miles - what would be your best estimate of monthly payments with 0 down - when may be the best time to go after a 2006?. Sorry for all the questions but I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Thank you for your time.
    Hello mrpierre. You;re lucky that you are eligible for Ford's A-Plan. This will help you to get a good price on this truck without having to haggle much. If you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover Range Rover HSE through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00236 and 48%, respectively. If you provide me with this truck's exact selling price I would be happy to estimate what its monthly payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • mrpierremrpierre Member Posts: 2
    Thanks again Car Man - I was able to get a cost estimate from the dealership - Cap Cost w A plan - $71,839 (does that seem high?), current MF given through LR Capital without doing a credit check was (.00319) - Residual was 55% on 3yr 36k miles - again should decent credit score(mid 700's) allow for a lower MF? If you wouldnt mind running some numbers that would be great!

Regards,

Mrpierre
    A-Plan is invoice, plus RAG fee, Plus destination charge so yeah 71,839 seems about right.
  • lagunadriverlagunadriver Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys - been tracking this forum for months (here's my first post). Could I ask you to sanity check a lease quote I just got from a dealer in SoCal...

2006 RR HSE
    $77,550 list
    $72,648 invoice
    less $4,000 finance company (not LR) incentive = $68,648
    36 months with 12,000 miles per year
    $0 down (outside of first payment of $1,779)

= $1,124 + tax per month

Is this a good deal?

Thanks

Sorry dont know money factor or residual)
    Hmhh something does not seem right. Is this a Land Rover Capital Group lease or some other third party leasing company???

There is 3,000 dollars of lease cash from Land Rover Capital Group on Leased Range Rovers and there is 4,000 dollars of marketing support on the Range Rover if you do a traditional purchase. Most dealers are not giving up all of the 4,000 unless the Range Rover has some miles on it.
  • lagunadriverlagunadriver Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your prompt reply...the salesguy told me the $3,000 lease cash was only available on 24 month terms. I was looking for 36 months so he said he had to use a different finance company who was offering a $4,000 incentive that he would pass through to me.

He says Im paying about $500-700 over invoice yet the monthly payment doesnt seem to jibe with this.
    From what I remember the 3,000 dollar lease cash is avaliable on all lease terms. I will check the programs tomorrow for you and make sure.

Sounds to me like he is using the Land Rover Capital Group standard lease program and then discounting the car the 4,000 dollar marketing support that Land Rover is offering.

If you use the special lease program you can take the 3,000 dollar lease cash to go towards cap cost reduction but you cannot take the 4,000 dollars in marketing support.

If you use the standard lease program, that has higher money factors and lower residuals, you can take the 4,000 dollars in marketing support but not the 3,000 dollars in lease cash for cap cost reduction.
    Hi mrpierre. A credit score like yours would qualify for the money factor that I mentioned in my previous response to you. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses that factor to calculate your truck's monthly payment. They were either being conservative in the money factor that they quoted you because they didn't know what your credit is like, or more likely they were trying to mark your truck's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. The A-Plan price that you were quoted looks about right to me. Using this price and the MSRP that you mentioned earlier, I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $1,221 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • carollodcarollod Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking to prepay an entire2 year lease on a new 2006 Black on Black Range Rover HSE. My question is what do you think a fair prepaid lease dollar wise would be? I am looking for the luxury package plus the 20 inch wheels.

Also my credit is not very good at all....if I prepay the lease will that still be a factor?
  • linyliny Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual value for the 2007 Range Rover HSE on a 30 and/or 36 month lease with 10,500 miles/yr?
  • carman77471carman77471 Member Posts: 14
    .00250 & 47% 36mo 12K
  • cjfdcjfd Member Posts: 9
    Hello,

Looking at the last post I'm wondering if there was a typo...a residual of 47% on a 36 mo 12k lease - just seems a bit low for 2007 model year...

I'm looking at possibly leasing a 2007 HSE model as well at either 36/48 mos. 12k/year. Does anyone have the residuals for these terms?

Thanks
    Hi carollod. I should be able to give you an idea of how much a pre-paid lease will cost on the truck that you are interested in. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price first. You can look up its MSRP by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. Make sure that the number that you provides me with includes the destination charge. As far as the selling price goes, you may be able to get an idea of how much it should be by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kilikaykilikay Member Posts: 1
    I asked a few dealerships around here too.. And they said that the best rates for a 36 month w/ driveoff on a $87,000 vehicle would be about $1750 (California- LA County tax included).

They also confirmed the 47% residual and .00250 money factor.. Why the heck is the residual so crappy on the '07's?

And what SHOULD I be paying on a 36 month lease w/ a '07 HSE Range Rover w/ 12K miles a year price of $83,000?
This discussion has been closed.