Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus GS 350 / GS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mrtrance. In most areas, Lexus Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GS 350 RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier. Lexus' money factor for this car has been enhanced in some areas. If you tell me where you are, I can tell you if you are in an area that has a better program than this.

As far as what sort of discount you can expect goes, I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the 2010 GS right now but it I was interested in getting one I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    Thanks Carman.

I'm in Southern California market. One dealer I got numbers from did give me the MFas being 0.00120, but did not disclose the residual value. I was under the impression it was 55%, but guess they lowered the MF and decresed the residual by 2% this month.

If there is a deal in my area please let me know.
    No problem mrtrance. You're in luck, in the Los Angeles area Lexus has an enhanced money factor of .00085 on all 2010 GS models right now.

Yes, LFS' residual values on the GS did drop by 2% this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    edited July 2010
    Do you know if that is only valid in a Los Angeles county or all of Southern California? I just got a rate quote from a San Diego county dealer and he's quoting 0.00170 has the base rate and doesn't see the 0.00085 rate. He even checked with Lexus Financial and they told him the same? I think the dealer in Orange County was using the same 0.00085 rate as well. Is this rate only for previous Lexus customers (which I am currently) or for all customers in the area?
    Hi mrtrance. I don't believe that the enhanced rate is available in all of Southern California, just the local Los Angeles area. It should be for all consumers, regardless of whether they are current Lexus owners or not.

Car_man
    Host
  • spsviggen99spsviggen99 Member Posts: 3
    Trying to compare a 15k per year lease for 24 months and 36 months for a GS350 AWD and a M37X

Need money factor and residuals.
    Hello spsviggen99. Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 GS 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 58%, respectively in most areas (it is enhanced in a few small ones).

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00120 and 50%.

To give you the numbers for comparison all in one spot, Infiniti Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M37X with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 56%.

Infiniti is not currently providing support on 24 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • 350chuck350chuck Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    My 07' 350GS lease is coming due Sept. 31st. and I would like to lease another GS. My loan is with LFS and I Iive in south Florida.. I have a few questions on what I should do.

1) Should I lease a 10' 350GS or should I wait and lease the 11'?

2)Are the Aug LFS buy rate,money factor,residual for a GS350 RWD the same as the GS350 AWD in the above mentioned post?

3)Are there any lease rates out yet on the 11' GS?

4)Or should I extend my current lease another five months and wait in hopes having the all new 12' out by Jan or Feb.?

Any thouhgts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Charlie
  • BushwackBushwack Member Posts: 258
    I don't think there will be much a difference between the '10 and '11 GS. The '12 GS with a new design is due out next March (preview is suppose to occur in October/November).

Maybe...maybe think about extending your current lease with Lexus Financial for another 6 months (if you're interested in leasing the '12 model). Otherwise, I think *I* would lease a 2010 before Sept. 7. Rates are just too good to ignore.

FYI...usually, RWD and AWD have different money factors. In Florida (I'm in California), not sure why you would need AWD.

Good luck!
  • 350chuck350chuck Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Bushwack..
    You are correct I dont need AWD in Florida...Im trying to figure out somewhat what my monthly lease pmt will be...and I didnt know if the AWD RWD had the same MF. On the other hand I can purchase my gs out right for $24,125 at the end of the lease, which I think is actually not a bad price.
    I spoke with a friend of mine this afternoon who has an auto auction licsense and he gave me the following prices paid at auction in south Florida for a 2007 gs350 two weeks ago with similar mileage and they were $23K, $23,600, $24,800 and $23,575 respectively. He also sent me a report showing the average paid at auction in the South East Region for last week...23 were sold with an average of 43,000 miles at an average price of $24,501. So I feel my buy out price at lease end is not too bad.
    Thanks for the repsonse and ideas!
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    CarMan -- you've helped me with the last several purchases.
    I considered a 2011 528i but read in forums of problems; one forum member returned the car. Plus, BMW MF is high, and dealers still wanted $2k above invoice.
    So, I consider 2011 Lexus GS 350, though I'd have to pay annually for saellite for for real traffic, pay for maintenace., and mpg is way inferior to BMW, so the price break on Lexus is quite as good as I thought.
    My question to you -- what are MF for this Lexus for 2 or 3 yr leases for 12K, 15K miles annually?
    Given bad press for Toyota with all the recalls, how can get get much over invoice?
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    Car Man
    You mentioned in earlier pos t possibly different MF for Los Angeles...
    is it buying it from an L.A. dealer ,or living in L.A., or inL.A. County?
    I'm in unincorporated L.A. County, but could easily buy from a dealer in L.A. City.
    Do I need to know the residual?
    Finally, you advised twice in the past -- and I paid BMW refundable security deposit and lowered MF. Does Lexus do that?
    Hi Charlie. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GS 350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 49% in your area.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 2011 model are .00205 and 53%.

I'm sure that it will be cheaper to lease a 2010 GS now than it will be to wait and lease an all-new 2012 model when it is first available. Whether you should wait depends upon how badly you want the redesigned model and how much more you are willing to pay for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back asteinberg. I'd be happy to help you out.

Lexus Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 GS 350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00205 and 53%.

If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year, its residua values would be 2% higher.

I am not intimately familiar with how much consumers are paying for this car right now, but for an '11 model I personally would shoot for $500 to $1,000 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi asteinberg. You're in luck, Lexus has enhanced lease program for the 2010 GS 350 RWD for its entire Western region in September, not just LA.

LFS' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GS 350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year in its Western region are .00080 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The last time I checked, Lexus Financial Services' did allow consumers to make multiple security deposits on vehicles. Again, I haven't looked into this in a while but the last time I did it allowed consumers to make up to nine additional deposits, with each one providing a .00010 money factor reduction.

Car_man
    Host
  • gb350gb350 Member Posts: 22
    Car_man,

Would you be so kind to provide me with the residual and money factors for a '11 GS460. Terms to be both 12k for 36 months. and 15K for 36 months.

I'm located in NY.

Thank you.
    I'd be happy to, gb350.

Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GS 460 with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • cws35cws35 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man (or anyone else!)

I am looking to snag a 2010 GS350 AWD with Package 1 this month. 3yr/10K lease.

Dealer is quoting me a Lexus program that offers 2500-3000 incentive and is offering the car at invoice.

Do you have information on special money factor and residual? He quoted me .00210 with 53% but the MF seems high to me. Thoughts?

Thanks a million
  • mlofgrenmlofgren Member Posts: 4
    Hello, we just received a call from Lexus about our lease ending in 5 months & offered to delete the remaining months as long as we lease another Lexus. We realize now, we coudl have gotten a bter deal on our 2008 ES - all options but the Mark Levinson stereo, we pay $550 month inc tax for 36 mo/15k miles and I think we put $3,700 out of pocket. I do not want to pay a penny more for my new lease and want the GS 350 rwd with package B, online quote shows $51,689. What's the best deal to ask for?
    Hi cws35. Dealer invoice minus the $3,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this car is an excellent deal.

Lexus pulled the plug on its lease money factor support for most 2010 models so the .00210 money factor (and residual value) that you were quoted are right on the money.

If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mlofgren. Is the $51,689 price that you mentioned this car's MSRP or its selling price? If you provide me with both numbers, I would be happy to use Lexus' current lease program to work up a sample payment for you. Also, is this a 2010 or a 2011 model?

Car_man
    Host
  • jsolejsole Member Posts: 4
    Can you please let me know the applicable residual value and money factor on the following in NJ?

2010 gs 350 AWD 36 months 15K miles per year
    2011 gs 350 AWD 36 months 15K Miles per year

Thanks!
    Hi jsole. Lexus Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GS 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00210 and 50%.

Infiniti is currently providing a $3,000 cash incentive on the 2010 model.

Keep in mind that Lexus will likely introduce its "December to Remember" sales event late this week. There's a good chance that its lease program will be more attractive then than it is now.

Car_man
    Host
  • gb350gb350 Member Posts: 22
    Car Man,

Any word on the December to Remember sales event?

I'm looking for residual value and money factor on the following in NY.
    2010 gs 350 AWD 36 months 15K miles per year
    2011 gs 350 AWD 36 months 15K Miles per year

Any additional incentives for current Lexus lease holders that are almost out of lease?
    edited December 2010
    Hi gb350. Lexus' December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GS 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00210 and 50%.

The numbers for the '10 model are definitely worse, but Lexus is providing $3,000 dealer cash on it.

Lexus is not currently providing any loyalty cash incentives that I am aware of to loyal customers, but it is letting current lessees out of their deals up to six months early for free if they purchase or lease a new model.

Car_man
    Host
  • lexie9lexie9 Member Posts: 3
    What is a good price to pay for a new 2010 Lexus GS 350 W/NAV since it is a year old?
  • gs100gs100 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2010
    I'm interested in leasing a 2011 GS 350 with AWD. Can you tell me the current money factor and residual percentage on this car? Also, do you expect that Lexus will offer additional incentives/rebates on this model after the December to remember promotion ends on 1/3/2011?
    Hi gs100. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GS 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Lexus is not currently providing any cash incentives on this car that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
  • millemigliamillemiglia Member Posts: 4
    Went out to a Lexus dealership to negotiate a price on a car. I used the pricing from Edmunds TMV to represent the Invoice and MSRP cost.

I was told I could have the car at invoice, and then the guy from the Finance Dept. told me that I'm missing a bunch of costs that will increase the invoice price. These additional costs include: Toyota Dealer Assoc., Dealer Holdback, and Whsl. Finanical Reserve. These total about $1600.00

Are these legitimate costs that are over Edmunds posted invoice costs? Or are they already included?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    All three of those are already included in the Edmunds base invoice price..

If you compare the Edmunds invoice to the dealer invoice, you'll notice that their invoice is lower by exactly the amount of those three items, which are added back in at the bottom of their invoice...

Well.. .maybe not the TDA.. that's an advertising fee that can vary by location. But the Holdback and Whsl.FinancialReserve are in the Edmunds base invoice price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ginterhelsigginterhelsig Member Posts: 8
    Car_man, et. al. - I'm looking for the residual and money factors on the GS350 and GS350 AWD: 24 month / 10K miles.

Thanks in advance.
    Hello ginterhelsig. Lexus Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 GS350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 63%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of the AWD model are .00150 and 64%.

Car_man
    Host
  • bisw2000bisw2000 Member Posts: 7
    Car_man, et. al. - I would like to lease GS350 rwd in northern CA. I see now the lexus dealer special is $599 per month on a 36 month lease with $3499 down and 10k per year in February ( in San Jose, CA). I need the car in April. Should I start dealing with the dealer now to get it in February, or should I wait for April. I am afraid there might not be any special in April. Pl. advice.

Also I would like to have GS350 rwd with ML option. The dealer $599 lease price is most likely for the base price. How am I going to address this. I am not very familiar with the lease process. Thank you.
    Car_man, et. al. - What is the FEBRUARY 2011 buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GS350 rwd with 10,000 miles per year.
    Thank you.
    Hi bisw2000. Lexus current lease program is scheduled to run through February 28th. It's difficult to say what its April program will be like. I personally don't think that there's any reason to rush to get a new GS now if you don't need one until April, but again it's difficult to predict what manufacturers' future incentives programs will be like.

As far as adding options to this car goes, just negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the car that you want and have the dealer use that price to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey bisw2000. Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GS 350 RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, et. al. - What is the MARCH 2011 buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GS350 RWD with 10,000 miles per year. I know that for February, the 36 month lease of a 2011 GS 350 RWD with 10,000 miles per year, the money factor and residual value are .00150 and 54%, respectively. Is there any change?
    Thank you.
    Hi bisw2000. Lexus Financial Services' current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GS350 RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • noncom23noncom23 Member Posts: 3
    Any new money factors available on 2011
    GS350 RWD?
    Yes noncom23, Lexus Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GS 350 RWD is .00155 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • noncom23noncom23 Member Posts: 3
    Thank You, Sir!
    You're very welcome noncom23.

Car_man
    Host
  • chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    Car_man,
    I know everything might change tomorrow but I am looking for lease figures for a GS350
    3 year, 10 or 12k miles a year.

Mercedes is really pushing the 2011 eclass and their high residuals seems hard to beat,

thanks.
  • satutoringsatutoring Member Posts: 7
    Looking to buy one off lease (not my lease) so I want to know a good price to pay for one right now. They're advertised mid-30s but should the residual only make the car worth low 30s/high 20s? Will a dealer go this low?
    edited October 2011
    Hi chuckjr. Lexus Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 GS 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • dsa1dsa1 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Anyone lucky enough to have found the new GS want to share their experience. Car_man, do you have Lexus current lease numbers available?
    Thx (That would be for the GS-350)
  • veebee66veebee66 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man, Could you please provide the numbers on the 2013 GS 350 for 12000/15000, 3yr lease? Also what is considered "Tier 1" by Lexus? Thanks
  • tlb5tlb5 Member Posts: 44
    I'm helping my dad look for a lease now on either a 535i xdrive or a gs350.

the gs350 the dealer was quoting basically MSRP minus a 1500 lexus credit. i can't find any data on whether the credit is for real, whether msrp is reasonable now because of short supply, or what the lease terms should be.

in a few months time i'm sure things will be clearer. at least edmunds has the invoice pricing up as of this last week... CR still doesn't list the 2013 (as of a couple days ago)
  • gs350gs350 Member Posts: 1
    I picked up a 2013 GS350 a couple of weeks ago. paid MSRP less a $1,500 credit, they called a "conquest credit" or something as i was leasing a Mercedes before. I got it within a few hours of when they unloaded the first shipment off the truck at the local dealer so to be totally honest i didn't really push too hard for a better price. several cars already had a 500 deposit on them with the promise for full msrp, although i'm really not sure how many of those actually were completed. luckily for me they had one in the color combo i wanted with roughly the right feature packages.

Lease terms were 64% res and .0020 MF i believe (or close anyway). 36 month, 12,000 miles.

Great car!
  • travispetetravispete Member Posts: 24
    got a ridiculous deal on a 2013 gs350

3k under msrp
    plus 1500 conquest cash for lux owners

52,100 msrp
    selling price 49100

66% resid for 10k/36
    .0020 MF

621 per month with tax, with just drive offs of 1700, but applied the 1500 conquest cash so i left paying 200 bucks!

N Calif
This discussion has been closed.