Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus GS 350 / GS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Shop around and email me and I'll help you! Get all the dealers to fight for you the gs isn't selling well so they need you! Trust me ill give you two reasons why low MF, and end of model year! Kainnyc@yahoo.com
    YesInvoice is at least 3100$ plus 2500$ rebate then do the math! Should get low 600$ first month @ 12k miles
  • mjohnson1293mjohnson1293 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    What kind of residuals and money factors are you getting on a 27mo 12k miles per yr lease? My dealer is giving me 66% residual and .00180 money factor....the money factor seems high...
  • akersiiiakersiii Member Posts: 1
    Looking for the lowest payment possible. Don't care about f sport and such. I have a trade in worth 4k. What should my payments be around. 12k any months. Thanks for the help.
    66% and 0.0008 in nj gs awd
    Bad MF I'm in nj at .0008. Sorry! The res is legit
  • mindful_mktgmindful_mktg Member Posts: 1
    We leased this car for our business. Contacted the dealer on Wed and took possession of the car on Thursday (7/25).

27Month, 12K
    MSRP: 57950
    Drive Off: $1500 (including taxes, fees, 1st month)
    Payment: $487
    Credit Score: 815
    Fully Loaded
    Nebula Gray / Black

Several dealerships in Los Angeles area quoted in the low $500s, but after a little negotiation we were able to get the exact car we wanted with the above quoted numbers, no hassle.

There is too much competition and some of these dealers quoting $600+ just don't get it. If you have good credit, you should be in the driver's seat. If you need help negotiating, feel free to contact us: www.makeitmindful.com
  • petermanpeterman Member Posts: 11
    Congratulations Mindful, that sounds like a great deal. Which dealership did you end up leasing from?
  • skip30skip30 Member Posts: 33
    Just leased a new F Sport in SoCal.
    MSRP $58,617
    36 months. You pay the license for the whole year, might as well use it all.
    Zero out of pocket. They paid all fees including license ($448), Doc, etc and first month payment ($451)
    35 payments of $451 including almost 10% sales tax.
    Easiest transaction that I ever did! No negotiating, just a good enough deal for me to sign and drive away with a new car in a few minutes.
    I could have saved a few bucks per month by going with a 27 month lease, but since the 2nd and 3rd year licenses are on me I went for the 36 month lease.
    I could go on about how nice the car is, but being a Lexus we already know that.
    Congratulations Skip! That's a phenomenal deal. What color combo did you get?

May I ask which dealership you leased from or the salesperson? Feel free to pm me.
    I got white with black interior.
    My sons wife went back the next day and got an F Sport RX in the same color combo for about the same deal.
    Lexus of Woodland Hills!
  • calibenzcalibenz Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    great deal Skip. What was the final selling price of the car?
    And if you can remember the Money factor and residual :)

Thanks
    I don't have the paper work at home with me. I am sure the % rate worked out to 1.44%.
    I do remember that you could lease it much cheaper than you could buy it. As soon as I decided to lease it, the amount per month and zero down were the most important things to me. This might sound crazy, but I didn't care too much about the selling price. The car I wanted had an MSRP of $58,617.00 with the options that I wanted, and they made me a good offer which I accepted.
    Leasing this car was almost as easy as buying a loaf of bread.
  • lexusbilllexusbill Member Posts: 59
    hi, any chance of sharing the sales person name? thank you
    Keith. Rules say we can't post last names. Only Keith there, I believe.
    edited July 2013
    All do respect it doesn't sound like you understand! If there was no hassle then you left money on the table! No way taxes, fees, and 1st month equal that much! Fees alone here are 1515$ and I've seen fees at its lowest at 900@ cadillac! So can you show something! A customers score on a Credit report is all the same as long as its above 700! It's tier 1+, so what is this 815 abt! Pls make sure yr response is verifiable!
    I would love to see the math bc these numbers are really unbelievable! Pls share
    edited July 2013
    For this deal to be true it means you got the car for 21.5% off msrp plus made them pay all fees, and 1st mo. I call bs. They gave you the car for 4700$ less than any offer i have heard of! lol doubt it! Benz is throwing its cars at customers @ 13-16% but you have to work for it!
    thank you. to be sure this is Vista lexus of Woodland hills, right?
    My wife and my youngest son called bs also. Took wife outside and showed her the car and the paperwork. I didn't even take a check with me. Since we have had it for a couple of weeks, I think that she believes that it is my car, for the next three years.
    I didn't post this to say that it is the best deal. I thought it was a good deal, so I took it. I am sure that there are many people out there that got a way better deal than I did. I don't care what other people paid, I was offered a certain car for a certain amount per month and I accepted the deal.
    I refuse to get sucked into haggling over price on anything. I ask for the price and if I like what I hear, I buy on the spot. If I don't like what I her, I go somewhere else. Why should a person have to lower themselves to argue over a few dollars? Life is way too short for that, and I am too old (65) to play stupid games that just waste each others time.
    The salesman was straight up with me and got two deals done in a few minutes.
    Isn't this the way that it is suppose to be?
    If this didn't happen, why is my IS350 for sale and why am I sending Lexus checks for the next 35 months?
    The only Lexus dealer in Woodland Hills (San Fernando Valley) Ca.
    Vista Lexus changed ownership last year. It is now just called Lexus of Woodland Hills.
  • newbee16newbee16 Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to share this great deal I just got a 2013 GS350AWD with the help of a DIY Dealer Report from InsideCarBuying which I saw many other people have used on these forums. MSRP was $56,353 and selling price is $51,101 plus the $2,500 dealer cash. I leased it for 27 months with 12,000 miles per year, 1st month's payment waived so not a single dollar out of pocket. 26 remaining payments of $583.66.

:)
    edited July 2013
    I just noticed that I made a mistake in my post. The correct amount per month should be $551. Everything else is correct. Zero out of pocket and $551 per month for 35 months. MSRP $58,617.
    Still one of the easiest deals that I have ever made. Sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused anyone.
    Thanks for setting the record straight for everyone Skip. That is still an excellent deal and you wisely spent no money up front in your lease. Hope you enjoy your car!
  • rajivrrajivr Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I have seen several posts on lease prices for this car but haven't seen any purchase prices. Am looking to purchase a 2013 GS 350 F Sport RWD in Southern California with the following options with MSRP $57,950: F Sport, Navigation, Mark Levinson package, Intuitive Parking, and Blind Spot Monitor. Any idea on sales price for this car?
  • bhavinpabhavinpa Member Posts: 19
    I'm not sure if there would be much difference between final lease price and purchase price. I just leased mine at $52,500 with an MSRP of $58,617 (around there). You should be able to get $5-6K off the MSRP. Read through the recent posts in this forum, most of the lease deals with a montly rent of approximately $500-$550 are getting that much off the sticker price if not more.
  • ceyceysudaceyceysuda Member Posts: 4
    I didn't pull the trigger, still thinking about it. I want to be absolutely sure that this is the best deal. What do you think?

GS350 F Sport (MSRP 56,900)

24 months
    15K miles per year
    $3000 down payment
    $512 plus tax (6 percent in FL)

includes the first payment so I have 23 more of $512
    i spend past few weeks doing HW on this car. if you were to buy it ~$500 over invoice seems right. however, if you were to lease it, dealer has another $2500 to work with on the selling price. if you are in OC, hit up HUGH at Newport, great guy, tell him Will from LA send you

MF is 0.0005 = approx 1.2%

Mods, please change my post if this is not allowed. thank you
    what is the selling price? and money factor
  • ceyceysudaceyceysuda Member Posts: 4
    the selling price is aprox 5500 less than the msrp.. i dont know the money factor though

I am always looking at the total amount of money that I am going to be spending. This case it is 15500 tax inc.
    That's bc there not real made by ppl who don't understand the forum!
    Not bad but you could get better!
    Don't look at total! Does it as xxx dollars, pay first month for comparison between models. Roll everything in into one payment and compare! This car should easily go 8.2% plus incentive! Accept nothing less! The MF in ny, nj is .0008! In Cali it's .0006!
    MF is actually 0.0005 in socal. if you were quoted .0006, it means F&I guy tries to make a little $$, nothing wrong , just saying..
    after doing a fast math, you should still have room of $1500($4500+2500) to work with on the selling price.
    PLUS, Lexus is paying 1st month
  • malbec100malbec100 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a high quote from a dealer in SC on a 2013 GS350 f sport.
    Asked for the deal on one with a $56,888 total MSRP with $2500 cash down and 15k miles per year. They quoted me:

.00180 money factor
    $758 all in at 24 months
    $709 all in at 36 months
    $681 all in at 48 months

No mention of sales price. They are obviously not serious about selling these cars.
    Why not just fly out to Ca, get a car for hundreds cheaper per month, drive back to SC and make a mini vacation out of it. With zero down, the $2500 you saved would pay for the trip.
    lol, great minds think alike. just like skip said, come and get the GS in Cali, save you tons of money. or you can also have the car shipped to you in SC.

not sure how many Lexus dealers in SC, but those sure are not "deals". those are close to full msrp, plus money in the back-end been marked up(aka higher MF, so FI guy can make some money)

it is not that they are not serious about selling cars. in places where there are fewer dealers, there is less competition. if you want a nice ride, you are "expected" to pay for it. plus there are many buyers who do not shop around, so long as they can handle the pmt, they are ok with it. even here in LA, dealers need to make that kind of deals so they can justify other deals like the ones we mentioned here. if every deal is a "loser" deal, that would be a problem.

also by giving you those numbers, they are kind of "testing" you as well on your commitment to buy/lease the car. anyway, if you are ready, and SC dealer does not want to deal, come to LA/OC to get the car, makes total sense
    Something's wrong with that MF seriously wrong I would question it and ask them to swing it!
    What fees are you talking about? Why would I lie to anyone? I leased my car (msrp $58,617) for 36 months. Payment, including Ca tax, is $551 per month. Zero due at signing. First year license payed by Lexus and first month payment also included in the zero down. No trade in. I just make 35 payments of $551 per month. Nothing more or nothing less. Like I said, ZERO out of pocket, just make the payments.
    What is hard to understand about that? Sounds pretty simple to me, because it was a very simple transaction.
    Leasing a car is not rocket science.
    If you don't know about the fees then you don't know enough to get that deal! It is rocket science to you not me bc I know how to deal!
  • fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Member Posts: 58
    That is a very good deal Skip - congratulations! It is proportionally the same deal I was quoted in late July on a GS Luxury with everything on it but Levenson (I can't hear enough difference to matter). I decided to wait for the 2014's to get any possible upgrades, even though the lease deals will likely not be as good as they are now. I am in the West LA area. It sounds like everyone should come to California get their best deal on this car.
    $551/month is in sync of what i have been quoted. most dealers offered me ~545 to 570 depending on options, before i walk into the door. this si based on $0 drive off, and lexus pay for 1st month lease.
    I am hoping/wishing Lexus come with more incentive cash.

Socal/LA is a good measure of how well the car is selling. I have not see many GS on LA/SG valley street, compare to E350 and the 5-series
    Not rocket science, just simple 5th grade math. I think that you should try more fiber in your diet. Your comical comments are starting to get quite boring. I did not get any special deal. This is what people are paying for leases in SoCal.
    Thanks again for all the names that you called me. I was actually quite amused by them. They really gave us all some great laughs at work. Too bad the mods removed them.
    If I offended anyone with my comments, I apologize. I just want to see everyone get a great deal on a great car! Due to the knowledgeable people, this board is very helpful when car shopping, and I am sure it will be just as helpful in the future.
    Only possible if you include fees! 550 plus fees possible!
    Last Thursday afternoon while driving from the San Fernando Valley on the 405, including mine, I was in a group of 4 2013 GS's. One Hybrid and 2 other 350's. I have never seen that many in 1 day before. It was like they are giving them away. I guess there zero down, no fees and cheap interest rates are paying off for Lexus.
    In Culver City, West LA area, I average seeing 3 to 5 Teslas almost every day. Neat car, but I think that I will stick with Lexus.
    If I count the one that I bought for my mom in 1989 (1990 LS400), I think that I have had 6 of them.
    The more I drive my GS, the better that I like it. For the deal that Lexus has on them now, I don't think that you can find a better car.
  • blinkn09blinkn09 Member Posts: 8
    How many miles are you allowed on your lease? 12k or 15k?

Thanks
    My lease was for 10,000 miles per year. I only live 5 miles from work and use my MDX for weekend trips, towing, etc. I never really asked for more mileage because 30,000 miles in 3 years should be more than enough for me. I think that my son said that it was about $10 more a month for 12,000 miles per year.
This discussion has been closed.