Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus GS 350 / GS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• petermanpeterman Member Posts: 11
    Cool deal Skip. How have you been enjoying the car so far?
  • lexusbilllexusbill Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    I am in SG valley, and is kind of opposite here these days. there are tons of e350 and 528/535 bmws.

the last gen GS was a big hit as one see them everywhere. but the new one has not been doing so well so far, hence Lexus is really pushing it.

all of the above are nice cars. however, the GS350 is the best value, imho.

btw, thx to your price reference, helped my in-laws, and got them a deal of $541 incl tax, happy in-laws/wife, happy life, which means more toys for me, lol. few things are certain in LA, sunshine, smog and great car lease deals
  • skip30skip30 Member Posts: 33
    The more that I drive the car, the better I like it. Getting use to the mouse to do things is a little weird, but when you get used to it, it is very simple. Handling is excellent, especially for a car this size. My wife loves the way it rides.
    Coming from an IS 350, it took a few days to get used to the size of the GS. I would recommend this car to anyone.
  • blinkn09blinkn09 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2013
    Awesome. I'm trying to get the f sport for. 27mo lease. Best deal I got so far is $1000 down and $565/mo. What do you guys think? I love the f sport and my gf wants the base or luxury model which is a lot cheaper right? And this is for 15k miles per yer
    I would shoot for zero down and about 565 to 575 per month. that would be on about a 58,000 car. Go with the F Sport. I went in to get a luxury and came out with an F Sport. Very,Very glad I did, and I am 65 years old!
    If you are in Ca, there is a $2500 incentive that should pay for your 1st month payment, license and all of your fees. It should also reduce your capitalized cost by around $1250. Just sign and drive, the only way to go!
  • art112art112 Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2013
    Hello:
    I am in Orange County, CA. I have been quoted the following quote on a 2013 Lexus GS-F without Mark Levinson:
    - 36 months, 12K / Year
    - MSRP = $58,192.00
    - Selling Price = $53,224.00 + Plus fees & Tax = $58,074.65
    - Down Payment = $649.00
    - Monthly Payment = $628.00
    - Money Factor = .00100
    - Residual = 58% = $33,751.00

I am trying to get clarification as to whether the factory rebate of $2,500.00 has been included in the selling price. Does not seem like this is a good price in comparison to some of the other deals I see here. Can any of you please mention the names of dealerships in So. Cal. you have gone to?

Thanks so much
    I got my best quote from mission veijo Lexus and my worse quote from newport Lexus. Ppl on this forum have been seeing good deals at woodland hills if youre willing to drive. You can do much better than the del you're mentioning
    Woodland Hills Lexus. Ask for Keith. Straight shooter, no bs kind of guy. Excellent to deal with! No stupid games. You can make the deal in minutes, sign the paperwork and drive off in your new car. Very simple transaction! Good Guy!
    art, since you are in OC, call Hugh at Newport, tell him Will from LA send you there. based on those numbers, the store held on some, may be all of $2500. plus they marked up the MF. nothing wrong as they need to make something. but those numbers can be improved
    Thanks Blinkn09 and everyone else for your inputs.

Blinkn09, did you end up purchasing yours at Mission Viejo? Would you be able to tell me the deal that you got again. I am sorry, but I am new to this forum, but find it extremely helpful. Yet, I have not been able to navigate around it too well. Thanks so much.
  • qualtovqualtov Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am a novice when it comes to cars so any help will be greatly appreciated. In a few hours, I will get a GS350 in Los Angeles. The optional items are blind spot monitor, 18" wheels, HDD navigation, Park Assist, Premium Package (heated / ventilated seats, etc.). Total MSRP $53,387. The final offer I got was $1,100 down, $475 per month (including tax), 36 months, 10k miles per year. Is this a decent deal? Thanks a lot.
    With 0 down, it would be an OK deal. Most people in LA are paying $550 a month and zero down for cars with an msrp of about $58,600. That includes tax.
    not too bad. which dealer gave you those numbers?
  • qualtovqualtov Member Posts: 2
    Both Beverly Hills and Santa Monica gave me the same numbers as they continuously matched each other. I tried to get another $300 off from one for downpayment but they were not interested. I am going to lease it now unless someone has heard of a better deal. I am not sure I understand how to read skip30's reply as far as "most people in LA" concerned. Kinda hard to compare as that deal had $75 more per month for 3 years, which comes to $2,700 but no downpayment so is $1,600 more than my deal but for a car that is probably $5k more expensive than mine. Not sure about residual difference between these cars but it looks like he got a great deal but not for the car I am looking at assuming he is talking about F series. He says "cars" so if he is talking about any car at that range, I know for a fact that Audi has much lower residual value and, hence, much steeper monthly payments.
    i did a quick math, and your deal is not bad. though the car is $5k more( yes, he got a sport), but you are paying to use only portion of it. basically you are residualizing the ~60% of the $5k. so again rough math, the $2000/36 is $55 difference. without getting my finan calculator, with $0 drive off, you should be at ~495-500 with tax
    Sorry I didn't make it more clear. I was only talking about Lexus GS350s. I should have been more clear about that!

On a side note, I was actually offered $5 a month less on a 27 month lease, but I wanted a 36 month because I paid for the license for the whole year and when the lease is up, the new models will only be a month away.

My car is an F-Sport that had an msrp of $58617. That seems to be what most of them msrp for in SoCal.
  • fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Member Posts: 58
    Hi. Does anyone know when the 2013 GS order book will close?

Thanks
  • heatboy05heatboy05 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man -- What is the current MF and Residual for 2013 Lexus GS Lease in New Jersey? I've been reading around and it seems that you can get the F sport for $33500, is that possible in NJ? Also, what about just the premium package with Navigation (MSRP $56)?

Thanks for your help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like we'll have the Lexus lease numbers for August.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• samykksamykk Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    Hi
    I received following numbers:
    MSRP: 58010.00 ( luxury package)
    MF .0005
    36 month
    $1500 out of pocket
    581 per month( including tax in southern california OC)

Please tell me if these are good numbers and if i should take the deal
    Thank you
    MF is right, but try to go back and ask for $0 drive off, and Lexus pay the 1st month of $581
  • bswgs3502013bswgs3502013 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all, hoping for some advise, I placed a deposit on a 2013 GS 350 F Sport sticker price $59,458, on a 36 month lease with 15,00 mile, with $3000 down total monthly payment of $720, i will note my current vehicle still has 5 months to go and they will make the payments which totals $3,249 so virtually its a zero down. First off does this seem like a decent deal in NJ ????? Also the Car wont be in until late September, as it is still on the boat, problem is the current lease programs and incentives expire on Sept. 3, 2013 and I am afraid the will call and say the monthly payment is significantly more... looking for some suggestions / thoughts... This is in north Jersey for a Nebula Grey with Cabernet Interior F- Sport AWD, BSM, Parking Assist, Mats, etc.
  • samykksamykk Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the advise
    They are paying the first month but not willing to negotiate on the drive off
    I don't know whether to take it or not?!
  • hklmhklm Member Posts: 5
    Dealer should be able to lock in your rates. If you have 5 months left on your current lease, why not wait for year-end/holiday programs to see if you can get a much better deal?

As far as your existing lease is concerned, dealer usually don't simply pay your remaining payments. The way it usually works is that dealer will "buyout" your existing lease. Buyout amount is the residual value of your existing lease + remaining payments. If the car has good resale value then it is also possible for dealer (or you) to actually make some money from this transaction. Otherwise dealer can add negative equity to your new lease.

I think you should find out:
    - Your buyout quote for your existing car (without sales tax -- remember dealers don't have to pay sales tax for buyouts). You can get this from your current leasing company
    - Trade-in value of your current car (yes you can trade-in leased cars).

- Haris.
  • bswgs3502013bswgs3502013 Member Posts: 2
    Great comments... Thank You,
    I agree they usually don't simply make the payments but they actually said that's what they plan to do. The reason I am concerned about waiting till the end of the year is that the F Sports are already getting hard to find and I don't want to be looking at a 2014 with virtually no lease incentives. I will find out my buy out which is on a 2011 Lincoln MKX with every dealer option, this was a $50k car I leased for $649 a month

Again Many thanks for your response
  • zzzzzz Member Posts: 17
    Hi all,

I'm looking at a 2010 Lexus GS 350.

I have a few questions:
    1. The dealer is asking 34k for this as CPO sale. Is CPO worth the money? This one has spider wheel upgrade.

2. Here is the car fax, it's confusing to me as what's a coporate fleet car, then registered as a manufactor car? A friend of mine said that it's like a rental, and I should avoid it. Is that true? also, why is this one owner, given the title has changed twice?

3. Given its price, should I be better off buying a newer model or the 2013 model?

thanks

Owner 1
    Purchased: 2010
    Type: Corporate fleet
    Where: California
    Est. length owned: 2/11/10 - 11/6/12
    (2 yrs. 8 mo.)

LEXUS
    Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
    01/26/2010 NICB Vehicle manufactured
    and shipped to original dealer
    02/11/2010 16 California
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Torrance, CA Title issued or updated
    First owner reported
    Loan or lien reported
    Titled or registered as corporate fleet vehicle
    11/06/2012 California
    Motor Vehicle Dept. Title or registration issued
    to manufacturer
    07/29/2013 33,818 Auto Auction
    Pacific Region Listed as a manufacturer vehicle
    Sold at auction

Millions of used vehicles are bought and sold at auction every year.
    08/06/2013 Magnussen Lexus
    Fremont, CA
    510-657-6600
    magnussenlexus.com Vehicle offered for sale
    08/14/2013 33,820 Magnussen Lexus
    Fremont, CA
    510-657-6600
    magnussenlexus.com Pre-delivery inspection completed
    Recommended maintenance performed
    Nitrogen fill tires
    Tire condition and pressure checked
    Washed/detailed
    08/15/2013 Lexus Certified Dealer
    Fremont, CA Offered for sale as a Lexus Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle

Certification includes:
    161-point inspection
    3-year/100,000 total vehicle mile limited warranty
    24-hour roadside assistance

I'm here to help! Print and bring my SmartBuyer Checklist when you go to test drive this 2010 Lexus GS 350 AWD.
    Print This Page Print this CARFAX Report and take it to your pre-purchase inspection
    no, i didn't end up buying it. I held off because I moved to an apartment which didn't have parking and the assigned parking spaces were really tight. so i didn't want to ruin a nice car.
    Looks like it was a Lexus employee or executive lease... then, sent to a dealer auction, where that dealer purchased it for their inventory..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zzzzzz Member Posts: 17
    Would it be better to buy a private owner car than a company car? since the it would have been better taken care of?

thx
    I would expect an employee lease or an executive car to get regular dealer service.... I don't see an advantage in a privately owned car, at least not a car that is that new...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• realhonestrealhonest Member Posts: 2
    They are unchanged at .0008, 15k miles = 56%@36mo, 64%@27 mo for nj
    which dealer?
    CPO lexus is one of the best used car value. however, given choice, i would prefer not a prior lease vehicle
  • ceyceysudaceyceysuda Member Posts: 4
    What do you guys think of this deal:

24 month
    15K miles per year
    GS 350 with F-Sport (57,500 MSRP)
    $3000K down
    476 + tax per month X 23 months

in south florida, dealers here don't really have good deals. I have been fighting and this has been the best I have got and think gonna go for it.

Thanks!
  • beamer55beamer55 Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2013
    Hi, I think that sounds pretty good esp with 15k miles per year! what dealer did you get that with?
  • ceyceysudaceyceysuda Member Posts: 4
    lexus of Pembroke pines
    Hi samykk:
    Did you end up taking your deal? Can you summarize your deal? Which dealership did you go to?
  • ik71ik71 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP: 60,300
    The dealer will pay four months on my 2011 GS lease (~600.00 per month for four months)
    15,000 miles per year
    36 month lease
    Got identical payment as for my old GS: 599.00 per month
    The program ends September 3

Any ideas?
    edited August 2013
    Vehicle: 2013 LEXUS GS 350F 4dr Sdn

12,000 Miles per year

Vehicle Price: $58,192.00
    Market Savings: -$4,968.00

Vehicle Selling Price: $53,224.00
    Sales Tax (estimate): +$4,266.65
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate):+$416.00
    Other: +$29.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $10.00
    Electronic Filing: + $29.00
    Smog Abatement Fee: +20.00
    Documentation Fee: +$80.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $58,074.65

Cash Due $2,000.00. 36 months

Monthly payment: $523
    MF = .0005
    Rebates: $3,100
    Residual = $34,000.00

They are telling me the $3,100.00 rebate ($2,500 rebate + 1 month payment) is in addition to the $4,968.00 discount.

Does this seem like a good deal?? Thanks everyone.
  • bt83bt83 Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone provide me with the MF and Residual for a loaded F Sport AWD 36 or 27 Month lease with 12k a year in the NYC area? Thanks in advance.
    2013 GS350 AWD (I don't see any special number for the F-Sport model)
    36 mo. 12K mi/yr.. residual is 58%... for 27 months it is 66%..

Unfortunately, Lexus MFs vary widely across different regions, and I can't find the ones for the NorthEast... They seem to be very low, just about everywhere, though... (below .0010)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dnf123dnf123 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, does anyone know if the September deals are going to be much different than August? In other words, I was able to put together a very good deal here in August on a 2013 GS, but I am a month early buying this car as I still have one month left on another lease. My gut tells me some of the Lexus summer sales dealer incentives could go away so I'm leaning toward finishing my deal, taking delivery in the next few days and having two cars for September. Thoughts?
    Hello all: I want to thank everyone for their words of wisdom. It really helped. Finally got my brand new RWD GS350-F white with blk. Interior, navigation, Mark Levinson Stereo, Park Assist, Blind Spot monitor, Illuminated Door Sills, trunk mat, cargo mat, Wheel Locks, and rear bumper Applique, MSRP $58,708.00.

Got 36 Mo. Lease, 12K / year, zero down payment, at $556.16 per month, tax included. Residual is 58%. I had first month payment plus $2,500.00 for a total of $3,056.16 paid thru Lexus. Sales tax for OC is 8.75%. I am very happy. Easiest haggle free transaction. Purchased the car in OC.
  • pg78pg78 Member Posts: 3
    Congratulations, sounds like a great deal.

Just to confirm you got 0 down + 35 monthly payments of $556, correct?

Which dealer was that?
    No down payment. Tustin Lexus
  • pg78pg78 Member Posts: 3
    Can we get the residual value and MF for 36 months 10k/year lease in CA?

Also, is anyone aware is the August lease rebate is still effective?
  • carfan310carfan310 Member Posts: 17
    Was the 0 down a promotion for current Lexus owners? If not, how did you get them to pay the $2500 for you?
    Hi. Lexus had an incentive through 09/03 (which they may reinstate or continue) with $2,500.00 rebate on GS350, plus free 1st month payment for the total of $3,056.00. Hope this helps
  • carfan310carfan310 Member Posts: 17
    Appreciate the info, helps very much. You got a great deal! I had a 2010 GS that I got rid of last year and I miss it, really like the new ones, especially F Sport model.
    hi Art, great numbers. what was the sales person first name? was it inter dept?
This discussion has been closed.