Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• mitch41mitch41 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Jay.

No disrespect taken.

Currently I drive an x-5 which gets 14-15 ( I live in NY). The lexus would add anywhere from 7-9 miles per gal @ $3.35 a gal. Thats roughly one less tank of gas I need a month or about $50 a tank or $750 a year or $2300 over the lease term. That's if gas does not spike again over the next 3 years. If so all bets are off.

That being said, if I can find the car (like the fellow in Ca) who secured the same $52,710 MSRP at his price of $47, 500 that would be a winner.
  • berisky1berisky1 Member Posts: 20
    MSRP $46.040. (CAR WITH BASIC $7K NAV PACK)

$555/MO INCL TAX
    36 MONTHS
    12K MI/YR
    1,500 TOTAL DRIVE OFF
    CALIF.

ANYONE HERE BEAT IT?
  • mitch41mitch41 Member Posts: 4
    thanks. i am shopping for a rx450h, not a 350
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Have you considered any of the buying services available -- fee based? Edmunds profiled one -- auto authority and found they more than made up for the cost in getting a better deal. Since you are looking for a less than loaded rx450h-- might offer possibilities.
  • wease944wease944 Member Posts: 20
    2010 rx350...NAV,AWD,36 months 12K ( No sport and 12speaker radio) ...$445 a month with 5K down(Including everything)..( I dont mind risking the 5K) I like lower paymenst.. Northern NJ...
    Please Tell me what you think? The dealer is making me do this before Thursday... If I can do better please tell me by how much?
    Don't let the dealer control you. He can't make you do anything. If you rolled in the 5k 583 per month sounds about average. Your choice on the lower payments.
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    Better get it soon since it appears that the price is going up!
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
  • tymotymo Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

To be sure, for the 2010 RX without entertainment system:
    for the AWD with 12K, the RV is 60%,
    and for the FWD with 15K, the RV is 60% as well.

The MF is the same for either.
    So it seems that Lexus thinks the FWD will retain better value.

Thanks, Tymo
    Ok here is what I got
    2010 awd Rx350 12k 36 months...47250 Msrp
    Premium/comfort/Nav
    $5000 total out of pocket including everything..
    $445 a month
    Northern NJ
  • dancingdivadancingdiva Member Posts: 39
    Been looking for a luxury sedan Acura TL, RL, Lexus GS350, Infiniti M35 and BMW 5 series. All were alot of money with not much space, visibility and other assorted down sides. Never had an SUV or wagon (can't climb in and out of those big ones) so I was very resistant to looking at one. Must have AWD because of where I live so I thought I would give the Lexus RX350 a drive as it is billed as a crossover - best of both worlds. It really is very car like in ride, very quiet, zingy enough, and had plenty of space. Very surprised at how much I liked it. The price was about comparable or a little less expensive than the other choices - a good thing (the BMW was my fave of the sedans and way out of price range).

I never leased a car before so I'd appreciate some feedback. My head is spinning right now lol.

On a Purchase: Negotiated price on an RX350 AWD with Nav, Comfort, Prem, cargo mats etc, towing and remote starting (those two I don't need but on all their vehicles), steering wheel with leather and wood and the 12 speaker option (again on all their cars) MSRP $47625, Inv $43013. My price $42,700. Good deal or could I do better? Don't know if there are any other incentives out there especially if I want a lease.

I think a purchase would make my payments too high right now so I asked about a lease with an option to buy it out at end of lease. The dealer would only give me numbers on an unacceptable price - until I commit to getting the SUV. Actually the salesman gave me the purchase price and handed me off to the finance guy for the lease. I didn't want to negotiate as a final number without checking it out so I didn't give him the salesman's number yet.

The finance guy proposed the following ballpark figures for a 36 month/12000mi/yr lease: a purchase price of $44895 + tax. $1800 down (first pay, registration, doc fee). Money factor is .00022 and residual is 62% with an end of lease buydown at $29,527. The monthly payment would be $599 plus CT tax at 6% = $637.

I was told I could extend the lease montly for up to an additional 6 months at that payment if I needed extra time to decide on a new vehicle at lease's end. I left it open to negotiate further on the price of the car - any suggestions as to what I should be paying (negotiated purchase price for the lease) and what a good lease deal would be for this SUV? I live in CT and am looking at dealers in Fairfield County but would go to Westchester, NY for a good deal as well if service was close enough. Would prefer closer to home though. They all seem to want to get a sale at year's end.

Sorry this was so long. Thanks so much in advance for your help.
    On the same car.. No towing remote or 12 speaker.. That all adds about $30 a month on the price Your dealer is way too high...I just picked up the same car (except those 3 items) ..%K down compared to 1800..Thats a difference of $3200 over 36 monthe thats $88 a month... My payment with NJ tax is $445..Put back in the $88 a month I prepaid and your monthly payment should be $533....Prestigue Luxus in Mahwah NJ will do the deal tomm..I delt with Bruce....
    I think you can get that deal for about $70 less a month..They are all trying to push cars before the new year. Get the best deal now..Happy hunting
    BTW same time and mileage ..3yr 36month
  • dancingdivadancingdiva Member Posts: 39
    Thanks for the quick response wease. Could you tell me what the negotiated price on this vehicle should be in order to get those lease prices you mentioned? I went to a different dealer today for another test drive and got a price of $42,788 (MSRP $47,191 with Premium, Nav and Comfort pkgs). The money factor is .0023, residual 62% 36/12,000 mi/yr. The payment is $576.86 with the 6% CT sales tax included in payment. I can't find where I wrote how much down but it is fees and first payment.

Is your $533 with or without tax? I think it would be easier for me to know the price I should negotiate the lease on. Thanks again for the help.

BTW, we looked at the Toyota Venza today. Very similar, but no deals and no comparison in luxury or driving experience. And near impossible to find it with any options added in.
  • allenboudallenboud Member Posts: 3
    Just Leased 2010 RX350 fwd List 47590 Cap Cost $42635 36mo/12k Loaded comfort, premium, 19"alloys, Nav, intuitivetpk asst, tow prep, glass breakage sewnsors, remote start, wh locks and wood/leather steer wheel , Cargo net and mat.
    Did post 9 MSDs( can't get a better return anywhere)
    Think its a great deal and with required fees added pay $535.00 all tx incl..

Closed today rersidual $29,505.80.

Can't do much better than that can you?
  • mixa777mixa777 Member Posts: 1
    Just got AWD RX 350 w/ Premium, Comfort, Navi, Park Asst from So Cal Valencia.
    MSRP: $48,244
    $0 down, $535 + tax / mo

Leasing my 2nd car in 4 years with your help - Thank you guys for keeping this forum up!
    47250.00 was MSRP and the agreed price was 41860.60.. I havent seen anyone lower yet..5K down ( included EVERYTHING) and $445 a month (Includes everything)....let me know If you want my salesman's name..I think this deal is good till the Jan 4th
  • mftmrtmftmrt Member Posts: 17
    2010 RX350 AWD, Prem, Comfort, Navi, Park Assist + 12 speaker prem sound (not the Mark Levenson system), 19" wheels, wood and leather steering, tow prep, cargo mat, wheel locks, cross bars. (Tungsten Pearl with grey interior.)

MSRP 48,669 (including $875 delivery, processing)
    Invoice 43,334 (from Edmunds info)

Lease for 36 months, 10K miles per year
    Price 42,932 + 700 acquisition fee = 43,632
    Money factor .0022
    Residual 63%
    Out the door for 1st month payment + license and registration = $1,241
    Monthly payment = $523 + $51 (Los Angeles County tax) = $574

The competition was similarly equiped Acura RDX or Infinity EX35, which were only about $20 a month less for smaller car with worst MPG.
    Thank you for posting your info.
  • gtligtli Member Posts: 27
    Does anyone have any information?
  • delnoledelnole Member Posts: 36
    A dealer told me that the January residual is the same as in December but the money factor has changed (wouldn't tell me the new one). Car Man - do you have the January money factor for a 36 month/12,000 lease on a RX350 AWD?
    I just leased an AWD RX350. MSRP was $47,250. Sales price was $42,000. It was a 36 month/12000 mile lease with a residual of 62% and a money factor of .00245. I understand that current Lexus customers can get a .00220 rate. Also, the dealer told me that Lexus will be implementing a price increase on the RX which they are already seeing on some in transit vehicles.
  • ritali03ritali03 Member Posts: 1
    i was just quoted:

rx 350 fullly loaded (navigation system etc)
    36 month lease , 15000 miles/year
    2000 down
    620/month
    Does anyone know what Lexus' terms are for buying down the money factor? How much of a reduction for each security deposit?
    I understand it is .00008 per deposit, which would bring .00220 to .00148 if you put up all 9 available.
  • frogsptfrogspt Member Posts: 3
    what are options to buy down money factor? what are you referring to when you say put up all 9 available? Working on negotiating a lease and looking for some tips to get the best possible lease. Open for advice. Thx
    You buy down factor by putting up multiple security deposits which are in the amount of one lease payment each rounded to the next highest $50.00 mark, e.g. payments are $507.00. sd would be $550.00 each. These deposits are fully refundable at end of term of lease assuming no damage or overmileage. That's the only way to buy down factor that I know of, except maybe with non-refundable CASH...and what would be the point?? Lexus only at certain times offers the MSD option and not necessarily on all models.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome Tymo.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey tymo. Here's the latest info for the vehicle that you are interested in.

Lexus Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 RX 350 FWD are .00245 and 60%.

If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher.

Lexus is currently providing an enhanced .00220 money factor on this truck for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • brandonWIbrandonWI Member Posts: 26
    Hello,

I am hoping to lease a 2010 Rx350 without Nav, just the premium pkg, heated seats, backup camera, and tow package. Here is where I stand thus far and need help in determining if there is more wiggle room or is this a good price based on what others are spending.
    MSRP about $44000
    Sale price $40000 ($4K off sticker)
    4 year lease 15K/year
    Money down - first month payment & acq. fee I think totaling about $1500 or so the salesmen said.
    He quoted us $587 with taxes (5%).

I live in WI and have perfect credit and have bought several lexus' in the past, which may qualify me for better rates?

Please help me determine where to go from here. My family and I have never leased a lexus before.

Thank you so much!
    Brandon
  • frogsptfrogspt Member Posts: 3
    I am in AZ I was quoted a lease

MSRP 42,336

Current Price: 40,220
    12K miles/yr 36 month lease
    MF .00245 62% residual
    Down 5500 including drive off fees (approx 2499)
    Lease payment: 506.00 incl tax

Is there room for more or am i at the low point?

Thanks frogspt
    Congratulations on getting your new RX, wease944. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi delnole. What you were told is correct. Amazingly, Lexus carried over its residual values (which it actually boosted by three points during the fourth quarter) unchanged through the end of March.

However, now that December to Remember is over Lexus is not providing lease support on the RX any longer for non-loyal customers. Its current buy rate for Tier 1+ customers who are not returning customers is .00245. This factor drops to .00220 for loyal customers.

The specific residual value for a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of the truck that you're interested in is 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Brandon. You're off to a good start for someone who has never leased a Lexus before. Many consumers don't realize that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable. The $4,000 discount that you have negotiated on the RX that you are considering sounds like a very attractive price to me.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00245 to calculate your truck's payment and you're in business. Also, ask the dealer if you qualify for the special enhanced .00220 money factor for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • brandonWIbrandonWI Member Posts: 26
    Car_man,

Thank you for the advice. I am calling one other dealer to see if they are able to beat the other price I mentioned above. I reminded them I am a loyal customer so to utlize the better MF rate. I really am shooting for the 4 yr lease 15K/year no money down for about $550/month(the other dealer is at $587).

Do you feel $4k off sticker is about the limit based on the vehicle I am looking to buy?

Thanks again!
    Brandon
    The only way a 4 year lease makes sense is if you are leasing to buy. Tires and brakes could be a factor just before you turn it in. Plus at 60k miles you will be out of warranty. See what the 3 year lease will cost you.
  • soulmamasoulmama Member Posts: 25
    I'm looking for an AWD w/Nav in the Seattle area. Has anyone out there leased a similar vehicle from one of the few dealers in the area? If, what was the final cap cost? I assume money factor and residual are the same across the country. Is that correct? Thanks.
  • fundudefundude Member Posts: 2
    From reading this board it seems the best deals have been for a 10 to 12% discount off of MSRP or a $48,000 MSRP for $42,240 to $43,200. Does anyone have the name and dealer where they received a deal in this range?

I spoke with a finance manager yesterday and repeat customers with good credit can get a 36 mo lease on the AWD for money factor 0.0022 and 62% residual but they said no additional money factor discount for multiple security deposits - anyone hear differently?

Thanks so much
  • marqevansmarqevans Member Posts: 29
    I just traded out of the lease 3 months early on my 2008 RX (no nav) for a 2010 rx (list $44,000) and kept the exact same payment of $540.00 for a 36 month 15,000 mi per year lease with all sales tax included (8% in IL) with no money down other than a $4,950 security deposit carried over from the 2008 lease. This is the 6th time I have doned this and actually my payment is lower by $20.00 than the first lease back in 1998.

What made it so difficult this time was that the residual was only $23,800 on the 2008 and I was really tempted to buy it as it only had 34,000 miles on it. The residual on the 2010 is like $26,500 which will make me less likely to buy it at the end of the new lease. I just saw on my dealers website he has my old car for sale at $32,900 which was about what
    I expected.
  • holla322holla322 Member Posts: 25
    hi i am interested in leasing a lexus 2010 rx 350 awd with navi and have gotten a quote of $535 for $0 down (taxes and fees paid ahead of time) for 36 months and 12k/yr. Is this a good quote or can i negotiate a better price?
    Thanks for any help.
  • fishnamedwandafishnamedwanda Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man

Can you give me the same detailed lease info on 2010 Lexus ES 350 non nav ? Thanks!
    holla322 - I believe that is a pretty good deal. Assuming a 62% residual and .00245 money factor, a payment of $535 implies about a $42,200 selling price. I recently leased an AWD with navi and negotiated a selling price of $42,000. The MSRP on my RX was $47,250. If your MSRP is in that range or higher (I heard there has been a recent price increase) than it looks pretty good.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Hello, margevans. Is the 2010 Rx that you leased with nav, no nav
    or nav and comfort package?
    It is without NAV. I believe it has the comfort package, remote start, camera in mirror, heated and cooled seats etc.
    The comfort package adds rain-sensing wipers and the adaptive front headlights. Here in the Tampa Bay area, you can't get the comfort package without having to purchase the navigation.

Anyone else in the country able to get the comfort package without purchasing the nav??
    I think on my car I have to "sense" when the windshield is wet and turn the wipers on. LOL My 2008 did have that feature. In Florida are most of the RX's shipped with LOL. Here is the complete details on the options I have. AWD 2010 RX $38,650, Backup Monitor $350, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats $640, Premium Package $2400, Tow Prep package $238, Trailer Hitch $400, Wood& Leather trim Steering Wheel and Shift Knob $330, Remote Start $375, Wheel Locks $81, freight $875, Grand Total $44,339.
    LOL!! Although, it has been a nice feature to have on my '07 RX.
    If I get the 2010, I'd have to spend almost $8,000 extra and get the
    Nav and comfort package so I can "keep" the rains-sensing wipers. I believe on my '07, it was a stand-alone option that was paid for.
    Looking back on some of the options, I could have easily done without the back-up camera, remote start, and leather wrapped streering wheel, but thats the way my dealer orders them.
    I hear you on that one. I just want my next car to have some of the exact things that I have on my current car, except that I would like to have an auxiliary jack so I can play my iPod on it. I mean,
    heated and ventilated seats are nice and the back-up camera in the mirror is nice, but the things that I've enjoyed in my '07 RX are the rain-sensing wipers, the power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, the memory seats, power liftgate and the captains chairs for the front seats. I wasn't even looking for that, but I've come to appreciate the armrests on the captains chairs. I have yet to find all of these features together without extra "stuff" that I don't really care about and costing a lot more than what I would pay for the Lexus.

And the other thing I do like that's on the 2010 RX is the push-button start.
    The push button start is a great feature. I also like the way the car recognizes my remote versus my wife's and sets the seats accordingly.
  • ctfarmboyctfarmboy Member Posts: 11
    My wife's Land Rover LR3 lease is up in March and she wants to downsize to the RX AWD (not sure if it's with or without Navi yet). I have been following the board for some time and it seems that the best deals have been for around 10% off msrp.

If i use some reverse math on the Lexus ads i've been seeing lately (using .00245 mf) it would appear that they are discounting the msrp by only 2.5%.
    I'm curious if anyone has had any recent leasing experience in Northern NJ (specifically Prestige Lexus) that has come in below the ads.
  • nysurgnysurg Member Posts: 3
    So I currently have a 2006 GS with approx 48K miles - has had 1 accident with approx 2K worth of damage. I currently have 4 months left of a 48 month lease. Per LFS the payoff is $25K. Today went to Lexus as they told me that now that I am in close to the end I can get a good deal. Well here is the deal he gave me...at the Tacoma dealership for a fully loaded 2010 RX - MSRP $52K with approx 2k off the price. Trade = $18K. $3K down, 48 month lease with 10K miles and a total payment = $956/month. He didn't give me the MF or Residual figures. I didn't take this deal as I am currently paying $924/month and want to get my payment lower. I looked up my trade on nada.com and kelly blue book and it seems to me that my trade should be approx 20-22K even with the accident. Let me know if I should just want until the end of the lease and get into a new one or keep shopping. Let me know what deals are out there. Thanks.
  • rstover311rstover311 Member Posts: 10
    I've heard unofficially that there will be a "program" equal to or better than the December deals, coming around the 15th or so of Feb. Residual to stay the same @ 60/62/63 and hopefully the MF will go down.
    can anyone confirm?
This discussion has been closed.