Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• emaan1emaan1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_Man

These are numbers I was quoted in North Carolina for RX350awd with option C for 36 months 15K mi/yr.

MSRP $47304
    Selling price $44490
    Fee $549
    Taxes $1334.70 (tax at 3%)
    Net Selling price $46373.70
    MF 0.00195
    Residual 56%

Monthly payment: $695.81 (nothing down except first month)

Please help me....this is going to be my first lease.

Thank you all in advance.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Fast forward from November of last year to July 12, 2010. I went and plugged in the info on Edmunds to get an idea of what I could sell my '07 RX350 for right now.
    It looks like I should be able to get at least 21,500 for my RX which currently has
    56,000 miles, but otherwise in great shape. The car still drives like brand new, quite remarkable for a four-year-old vehicle.
    So my buyout, if I were to buy the car by the lease maturity date of 8/17/10, is
    I was looking at the 2010 RX's on the Lexus dealership Sunday morning and found
    one that has the comfort package and no navigation package. Was pleasantly surprised that Lexus seems to now be offering the comfort package(Which has my beloved rainsensing wipers) without having to purchase the nav. Price is 45,000 even. The only problem was it's the exact same color or my '07(Flint Mica, now known as Smoky Granite Mica). I don't like to do the same color choices back to back when purchasing a new vehicle. This is probably where my hangup is going to be is finding the color combo for the exterior and interior that I like.

Hopefully, if I decide to go this route and get the 2010(I'm still considering buying my '07, still love it!) maybe the lease equity could be used for the drive-off costs!

I'm also still eyeing the 2010 Cadillac SRX(Performance model). I love the styling on this vehicle, but I'm not sure about GM's leasing incentives. :confuse:
  • tbone6964tbone6964 Member Posts: 7
    Anyone know the July money factor on a FWD RX350 for 36 months @ 10K mi/year?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    The resids for the 2010 RX 350 RWD and AWD should be the same.

Where did you hear about cash incentives on the RX? I am not aware of any right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi chariot123. Sorry to hear about the problems that you're having with your current vehicle. I don't see many advance payment leases. the last time I checked, Lexus Financial Services lowered its normal residual values by .00100 for consumers who pay for their entire lease at signing. If we apply that deduction to LFS' normal current buy rate lease money factor of .00175 for the 2010 RX 350, it drops to .00075 for an advance pay lease.

I am not aware of any cash incentives on this model at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Ed. Let's take a look at this deal. The dealer invoice price of the truck that you described is around $39,300. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $1,300 over invoice. That's not bad, but if I personally was in the market for an RX in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would shoot for more like $500 to $1,000 over invoice...another couple hundred dollars off.

Possibly the most troubling aspect of the deal that you described is the money factor that the dealer quoted you. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RX 350 is only .00175 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Unless your credit is not in great shape, the dealer is charging you way too high a money factor. Make sure to insist that they use the buy rate to work up your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, toddphilly.

Lexus Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jakefl7. Lexus Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RX 350 FWD without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

I believe that the numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00175 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, emaan1.

Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 36 month lease of a 2010 RX 350 AWD with the entertainment system and 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey emaan1. I just responded to your earlier question.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I don't know the exact dealer invoice price of the specific unit that you are interested in, but if I had to make an educated guess I'd say that the selling price that you were quoted is probably around $1,500 over invoice. That's not terrible, but if you are in an area that has at least some competition I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat this deal by a couple hundred dollars by shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings tbone6964. Here's the numbers that you asked for.

Lexus Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RX 350 FWD without the entertainment system with 10,000 miles per year are .00175 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • fthikanafthikana Member Posts: 4
    The Syracuse Lexus quoted me this for AWD (loaded except rear entertainment system), 12,000 miles, 36 months lease, MSRP $48,254, selling price: $43,000:
    $782 down (fees & 1st month payment)
    $640.98 per month
    based on Tier 1+ approval, money factor 0.0202 (looks high?), residual value 58%.

I need your help in deciding if I should get this. Thanks!!
  • jaybee85jaybee85 Member Posts: 25
    Hi car_man and all interested; I'm interested in leasing a used/certified pre-owned RX 350, maybe 2008 model with AWD and nav, maybe priced at $33k. Lexus' CPO web page says leasing is available at the same lease rates as new, but I'm not sure if dealers are on board. I figure with less to amortize and the same lease rates as new the used lease should be well below that for a new car.

Has anyone gotten a lease deal on a CPO RX 350? any thoughts on the lease payment? I'm thinking 36 months, 33K cap cost, no down only usual inceptions/fees, 12k miles per year. I'm in north NJ.

Thanks!

jaybee85
  • msmmimmsmmim Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car Man...New question

I'm still in the market for a Lexus RX350. Came close in July but dealer wants me to put money down on top of title, tax,$700 acquisition fee and 1st month .
    Friend in NY leased a Acura TL. He tells me that he only pays tax on the value of the car for the length of the lease.

My Lexus dealer in Maryland says you have to pay tax on the full value of the car at the time of lease.
    Is the rule different by state? Am I not understanding the tax issue?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who recently got a new vehicle because of the great lease deal. Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, August 6, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• whynissanwhynissan Member Posts: 4
    Just a warning based on experience. If you choose to lease a lexus from Lexus Financial or a Toyota Financial Services do your due dilligence and check out the posts on the internet regarding these companies. Lexus Financial has an F rating from the BBB in Illinois. You really have to work to get an F rating from BBB. I leased my vehicle in 2007 with the intent to sell it before the lease end. Lexus now informs me that they do not sell cars to third parties. My only option is to purchase the car, by financing it, pay sales tax and then turn around and sell it to someone who will finance it and pay sales tax again. I might add this is not my first rodeo, I have leased cars for years from many different companies and HAVE NEVER been told I could not sell the vehicle at lease end. BTW, this is information will not be in your lease contract, as it is not in mine. There are other banks that lease cars, do yourself a favor and find another lender.
  • highfidelityhighfidelity Member Posts: 24
    I have previously leased 3, going on 4 Lexus vehicles all through LF here in California. I have had no issues with them of any kinda and have actually found them to be very accommodating when it came to extending my lease.

I think the situation you describe above is a somewhat uncommon one and it is not surprising to me that they make you purchase the car first. I know for a fact that a Lexus dealership can purchase the vehicle directly. 2 of the 3 vehicles that I have turned in I have actually been sold to the dealership for positive equity or for the same price as my payoff (2 different dealerships).
    edited August 2010
    I just started on my second leased vehicle with Lexus. Interestingly, my brother and his wife were interested in purchasing my '07 RX350 that I was turning in (at the last minute, I might add, the day I was going to be turning it in for my new vehicle). Lexus was giving me 19,500 for my '07 RX which would have covered my last payment that was due. Well, I had to call and tell them that my brother and his wife wanted to buy the '07 RX. I explained that they were going to check on interest rates with their local bank but also wanted to see what LFS's rates were.

The dealership agreed to sell the car to my brother and his wife for the 19,500 plus dealership fees and taxes. They ended up financing with LFS since they were offering a competitive finance rate. They also ended up purchasing an extended warranty for 2 years or 100,000 miles. Needless to say, I think they got a pretty good deal on my old car. The car was well cared for, even though it had 56,000 miles on it. The sister-in-law is enjoying the vehicle!
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2010
    We are considering leasing an RX 450h with all the toys. The local dealer is quoting the following on AWD and Option A (Model 9444) with an MSRP of $53,985

Terms: 12k/year, 36 mo lease

Here's the deal:

$0 down
    Drive Off Fee: $1400
    Monthly fee (not including tax): $613.50
    Residual: $31311

Questions:
    1. Is AWD as good or better than FWD, accepting the 1 mile/gal penalty I've read about?
    2. Is this a good deal?
    3. Should we consider a 4 year lease with a drive off of $1370 and Monthly fee (not including tax) of $585?

Thanks!
  • riggosmomriggosmom Member Posts: 3
    I just leased a 2010 Lexus Rx350 with Navi. The sticker was....approx 48,000, but the gross capitalized cost ended up being 43,872.60.

I put 1278.46 down which included my first months payment. My mothly payment, tax and all, is 590.71.

48 months with 15,000/miles per year.

Good Deal/Bad Deal/Ok Deal? Just wondering. THANKS :-)
    No problem msmmim. Yes, the method for calculating sales tax on leased vehicles varies from state to state. I am not personally familiar with how sales tax is calculate on leased vehicles in Maryland, but you might be able to find out by visiting one of the following sites:

Maryland Taxes

or

Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration

Car_man
    Host
  • defunct00defunct00 Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if you think this is a fair deal:

(I live in NY)

2010 RX 350 AWD ---no additional options

3700 total down includes taxes, title, fee's etc.
    499 per mo
    42 month lease
    42,000 mile allowance

Thanks in advance --Matt
  • geojregeojre Member Posts: 12
    Hi carman my lexus dealer emailed me a buyback program that they are running which is offering me a special buy back offer for my 08 es350 lease.

My question is, is there a lexus program for current lexus lessees that is underlying this? I live in Pittsburgh PA.

Also what is the residual/ money factor. a 2010 rx350 AWD. 10k yr/ 36 months, and also 12k year/ 36 months
  • tax_attytax_atty Member Posts: 24
    edited August 2010
    Can anyone tell me the August 2010 residual and money factors for a 2010 RX350 for 36 months with 10K miles/yr. I'm looking for a pretty loaded car with the Dual DVD rear entertainment system if that matters.
  • tax_attytax_atty Member Posts: 24
    Well I never did find out the factors for August, but I think I got a good deal. MSRP of the car was $51,325. I am paying only taxes, bank fee and DMV fees up front for a 36 month lease with 10K miles/year and with a monthly payment of $584. I think I got a pretty good deal. What do you think? :)
  • msmmimmsmmim Member Posts: 3
    I live in Maryland and looking to lease a Lexus RX350.
    Want to put down title, tax and 1st month. Tax in MD is 6% of purchase price.
    Buddy in NY just leased a car and is only paying tax on the length of the lease. Does each state have different rules as far as how much tax you must pay on a leased car?
  • rhpdevrhpdev Member Posts: 14
    What are the current money factor rates and residuals for 4 year 12K miles per year on RX350 AWD and RX450h AWD in the central US (NE, MN, IA). Does anyone know of any special deals going on in either of these models.

Any help is appreciated :)
  • srdvsrdv Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

What is the MF and residual for RX 350 FWD and AWD, for 2-years, 10k miles?

Thanks in advance.
  • reap32reap32 Member Posts: 1
    I have been getting numbers on a 2010 RX350 premium/comfort/navigation from multiple dealers in the ny/nj area.Basically the best deals I have been getting are
    $1,600 out of pocket(bank fee, dmv fees, and first months payment) and around the $575 mark give or take a few dollars. How do these numbers sound? Thanks.
    edited August 2010
    We purchased a 2010 450h with a list of $54k (not including the extra chrome wheels they added on with a $2700 asking price, which were ultimately included). The lease was for 36 mos, 12k mileage, paid $1400 out of pocket, and monthly payments of $599 plus tax, this also included the $5k warranty for damage (gave in at the last minute!).

Hope this helps!
  • rocktmn21rocktmn21 Member Posts: 4
    I am in the process of getting lease quotes, and all have both a Doc Fee ($589) and Acquisition Fee ($700). Aren't they one in the same? Should I be charged both? I am in Florida in case that matters.

All the deals I have seen listed in here are for much lower than what I am being quoted. So far they're coming in at around $625 (inc tax) for models with no nav & $1600 out of pocket.
    In Calif, the doc fee is $59. Do they have 10 times the paperwork in Florida? :)

I believe the acquisition fee is standard at $700. It would be more helpful to know your MSRP, what they are offering it at, and the monthly fee without tax. My instinct is that you may be able to do a little better, but that it's not a bad deal. I am assuming that this is a 36 month lease at 12k/year miles. If it is for a longer time or the mileage is lower, you can do much better. Others' thoughts?
  • rocktmn21rocktmn21 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    I lived in CA a long time, so I think it is just people are 10x slower in FL! The doc fee is essentially a profit to the dealer, but really so is the acquisition when say Lexus is the financing company as well (at least I think).

The deal I mentioned was for 36mo/12k miles. I expanded my search a bit and here is the latest:

2010 RX350, premium, comfort, nav; along with 19" wheels, parking assist, tow prep, cross bars, accy package, wood & leather trim wheel & shift

MSRP- $47,644
    Sale Price- $42,533 (they are also paying $457 for last month of BMW lease)
    Acquisition- $700
    Total cap cost- $43,289
    MF- .00187
    Resid- 58%

$1600 due at signing ($600 doc, DMV, 1st month)

$604/mo for 36 months/12k miles

This certainly is much better. Any thoughts? I could really do w/o the extra $2200 in options over and above the 3 packages, but it seems to be hard to find a vehicle w/o at least some of these add-ons. W/o it would probably drop the payment quite a bit.
  • ivadaivada Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

This is the final offer from my dealer. What do you feel about this deal?

2010 Rx350 AWD with Premium, Comfort, Nav, Tow Prep, Wood Steering. MSRP 47400.

Lease terms: 3k out the door, 535/month, 36/10k miles.
  • westcoast6westcoast6 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    In the market for a RX 450h 2010 lease - 36 months.

Westside dealer on a $51,900k MSRP RX 450h (basic package), is quoting $49,400 price, money factor 0.002 (4.8%) and 3 yr residual of $30,100. He then said all that comes out to a $695/month payment IF I put down $5000 and this is a 10,000 mile/yr lease. The 3yr residual comes to 58%..seems low from what I have seen posted here but maybe they've dropped with economy weakening and with new 2011 Lexus model coming. Dealer did mention though the RX 450h 2011 now probably will not come out until end of the year...or was that yet another "stretch"? Anyways, any views or facts on those numbers? The $695/month seems high...can't seem to get to it when I plug it into an Excel spreadsheet. Appreciate any advice/info.

Thanks very much - Novice lease buyer.
    My research suggests this would be a pretty good deal. I'm guessing it should be only $13/month more to go from 10k to 12k per month. However, I'm thinking you should be able to go a little lower on this deal with less down possibly, say $2k out of pocket. However, this seems close. Depends on availability, of course, too.
    We just leased our 450h, also in LA. List was $54k, 4 yr/12K miles per year. We put $1400 down, included chrome wheels and the $700 "damage package." The monthly was $599 not inc tax. (Apologies from a previous post -- inadvertently said it was a 3 yr lease).

With that in mind. Your deal strikes me as "average," maybe a little worse. I'd be looking to put $2k down with monthly payments of no more than $645. I think your dealer has a lot of room left to negotiate.

Don't disregard the power of making them come up with lower numbers, without you countering. Also, don't be afraid to go elsewhere or to leave if you don't like what you hear. After all, it's the end of the model year and I'd be very surprised if the 2011 aren't here by October.
  • riggosmomriggosmom Member Posts: 3
    I have done the #'s every way over again, trying to figure out if the deal I got on my lease is a good one, bad, or just ok...what do you all think?

I just leased a 2010 Lexus Rx350 AWD with Navi. The MSRP was approx 48,000.

I put 1278.46 down which included my first months payment. My mothly payment, tax and all, is 590.71.

48 months with 15,000/miles per year.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
  • westcoast6westcoast6 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for that info. If my reversed-engineered Excel spreadsheet is correct then you must have gotten them to lower the MSRP from $54,000 to around $46,625 which looks to be a good discount ($5275 off MSRP).

Then to get to your $599/month, before tax, I assumed a 0.002 (4.8%) factor, 25,400 residual, 45 Doc Fees, 600 Acq Fee, 352 Title/Reg/Lic Fee, 9 Tire Fee and included your 1400 downpayment. Your Adjusted Cap Cost on your contract should be around 47,181 and your all-in payment going forward is 648/month incl tax (9.25%). Curious if I got close or if I have some errors/bad data? I guess the other figure the dealer can potentially tweak is the residual. If I may ask what residual did they give you?

Thanks again.
  • ram7088ram7088 Member Posts: 4
    Hello i am in process of signing a lease in VA. Here are my numbers. please suggest if this is a good reasonable deal.

MSRP 47K

Down- $3000
    Monthly- $540
    Miles- 12K per Yr
    Duration- 3 Yrs.
    Residual- $28000
    First 2 Services Free

Please help me if i can go for it.

Is there anything else i should be asking for
    Amazing! You came extremely close. Acq was $700, you hit the money factor (I think it was .00021) Doc Fees I think -- $55. I don't have the paper work, but I believe the residual was based on 49%, but that's just from memory. I don't plan to buy this one, so for me, wasn't an issue (higher is better of course in that case).
    edited August 2010
    My research suggests that you have a very good/excellent deal. I don't think you could squeeze more than several hundred off the "down" or bring down your payment by more than $10-15 per month. For me, it's about getting "in the ballpark" of a good deal. At a certain point, you'll spend more time running around and haggling than it's worth. You might try this -- "I want to buy it, but I'd like you to take $700 more off the "down." They'll claim how you're squeezing them dry (in that nice shiny showroom you're sitting in) then make you wait 20 minutes. Finally, they'll come back with some counter offer, perhaps "splitting it to be fair." I'd take it and be done. If they don't come down at all, at that point, I'd tell them you're going to "leave and think about it." It really makes them nervous when you want to leave, for most dealers. That may be when they come down a little more. But, "you're so close....." Just some thoughts.
  • ram7088ram7088 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the quick response...

i will see what i can do... i want to make a following offer again and see

Down: 3000
    Monthly- $535
    Miles-15K

What do you say...
  • cpccarolyncpccarolyn Member Posts: 4
    Why would anyone want to lease a Lexus??? It is nothing but a ripoff. Just buy the
    darn car.
  • carfan777carfan777 Member Posts: 4
    After months and months and months of shopping for a new SUV, I finally bought the RX450h. I looked at every SUV on the market. And I do mean every single one. Some we drove three, four and five times over. To the point where I had to go to different dealerships for the same car because I was embarrassed with how many test drives I took. That doesn't include the countless magazine articles, blogs, owners I spoke with, etc. I could spend pages talking about all the ones I considered (and I have the stacks of papers to prove it!), but in a nutshell here's the reasons I went with the RX and didn't go with the competition:

1. 450h = Lexus reliability (we hate spending time at the shop, causing one or both of us to miss work and such a hassle to rearrange schedules), really liked the new exterior design, interior layout was very nice, rich leather, ample space, velvety ride, ultra quiet, expecially the hybrid version along with 30 mpg gas mileage, remote touch navigation is better than the others I tried, and just an overall upscale feel inside and out. It would have been nice to have a 3rd row option to use in a pinch and ports shouldn't be so hard to get to in the arm rest, but otherwise this car fit the bill in every way. IMO, it's perfect for a family who needs an all-purpose luxury car to commute to work, run daily errands, take the kids to school, take the family on a 1,000-mile road trip for the weekend, and then show up to a black-tie dinner.

2. Acura MDX/RDX - great reliability. However, while the handling was a touch better than the RX, the ride is not nearly as refined, there's more noticeable road noise, and the transmission is not as smooth. I didn't like the "bagel slicer" front grill and the controls were a bit too busy looking. This was tied as our 3rd place car.

3. Audi Q series - really nice handling, but that's about where it ended. Reliability was a major issue for us, and although Audi's record in that department has improved somewhat over the past few years, it's not reached Lexus reliability. Interior was not quite to the level of the Lexus. This was tied for our 2nd place car.

4. BMW X series = on par with Audi in terms of handling, but road noise was pretty loud and interior was not even close to the other brands. Ride was on the harsh side. 3rd row option was nice though. Reliability is better than Audi and MB, but still not a Lexus or Acura. We liked the exterior design, but overall, it was never really in the running.

5. Cadillac Escalade/SRX - we test drove the Escalade once, and once was enough to know it wasn't what we wanted. Way too big, bulky, and pretty gaudy all around. The SRX was better, but we weren't at all impressed with the quality of the interior, the fit and finish, or the ride comfort. The exterior was a bit edgy as compared to the others, and we liked it.

6. Infiniti Fx/Qx - As with the escalade, the Qx was just too bulky for us, but it drove a lot smaller than the Caddy. As for the Fx, the design didn't really do anything for us, although we liked the interior and the ride quality. This was tied for our 3rd place with the Acura.

7. Land Rover - different, but that was about it. Reliability? 'nuff said.

8. Mercedes GL and GLK -- We really liked both of these. Alot. The GL's exterior is really striking, has an aggressive stance, although the interior could be nicer. Navigation needs to be improved big time. The M B Tex a.k.a. pleather, also was a turn off at this price point. But, unlike the other larger SUVs, this one drove really small for its size. This was our 2nd place car, and we probably would have bought it but for reliability history for the GL (not good, to say the least), and the poor gas mileage. If both of these improve in the next five years, we're getting this car. As for the GLK, if we went with MB, we would have gotten the GL over the GLK.

9. Porsche Cayenne -- test drove it once, was not impressed with the ride quality, then came back again in a month and confirmed it was not for us. Bouncy ride (better not put any hot coffee in those cup holders), jerky accelleration, just overall not a comfortable ride. I couldn't imaging taking it on a road trip of any significant duration.

10. Volvo XC series - a few years ago these would be high on my list. Since then, every other car on my list has equaled Volvo in the one category that Volvo used to be the leader in - safety. Who feels unsafe in any of the cars above? Once you get past the safety advantage, there wasn't much the XCs offered that wasn't surpassed by the other cars. Plus, the reliability has dropped off over the last few years.

11. Other cars never in the running -- Hummer, Lincoln, Hyundai.
    Carfan, thanks for the very detailed and informative comparison that you have done in deciding which vehicle to purchase. I couldn't agree with you more on your observations. The 2010 RX350 is my second Lexus RX model. I drove an '07 RX350 for four years and absolutely loved that car inside and out!. I was actually a little concerned that I wouldn't like the 2010 model as much as the '07. But after driving the 2010 for the past month, I can say it has met my every expectation, except for the gas mileage. It's not getting as good of gas mileage as the '07 was getting.

I'm loving the hands-free bluetooth on the car, the passive entry(I don't need to fish in my purse for my keys). That is so convenient! Even the shift gate is super smooth when shifting from park to reverse and drive. It's actually an even more quiet car than the '07 when in drive mode. I also think the 2010 is a littler easier to see out of from the side rear window parts. Being a repeat Lexus customer, I was able to lease this car for the same payment as my '07 model with less money down, and the price on this car was about $5,000 more than the '07. So, except for the lower than expected gas mileage, I'm loving everything on the 2010!
  • geojregeojre Member Posts: 12
    Carolyn your comments on leasing a lexus truly highlight the ignorance that the auto industry thrives on. If you were at all educated on a lease you would know that a lessee pays only a cars depreciation over a 3 year period plus interest. If you financed the same car for three years the car would have paid for the same depreciation and likely the same if not more interest. Unless you are the lexus buyer that drives the same car for 7 or more years then it is a rip-off to finance. The true fool is the buyer that finances a car for 60 months and then trades it in after 36... But the auto industry wouldn't be the same without you ( i mean them) ;) . So the next time you want to criticize an entire forum, please first consider your own ignorance and do your homework.
  • cpccarolyncpccarolyn Member Posts: 4
    Hello Geojre,
    Wow, didn't mean to touch a nerve. You are absolutely correct concerning my ignorance of leases and financing a car. It just seems to me that it makes alot
    more sense to just pay cash and not have to deal with all the finance charges. I
    have been fortunate and have not had to finance a car. Perhaps I spoke too soon
    and did not consider that not all have the cash to buy outright. I meant no offense.
    It's true, not everyone can afford to buy a brand new car with cash, particularly a vehicle that can cost anywhere from 38,000 to 45,000 brand new. Everyone has different takes on leasing versus buying. There are those that might say that paying cash for a vehicle may not be a sound financial decision either. But everyone is in a different place financially, so to each his own.
This discussion has been closed.