Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• dan999d999dan999d999 Member Posts: 6
    So how is it that Acura dropped their lease factor from April .00145 to May .00130 while Lexus increased from April .00145 to May .00165?? Don't they have the same financial lendors they deal with (corporate level)...

Doesn't make sense - i was hoping for a corresponding drop to negotiate a better deal...

Maybe i should reconsider the MDX with the better money factor - would save me about $30/month - i like both cars and would not mind either one...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey dan999d999. These are all considered to be special or supported lease money factors. If a manufacturer cuts back on its support, which I expect a lot of Japanese automakers to do given their supply constraints, the money factors will rise.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • roll_tide1roll_tide1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi 03gx

Your deal sounds great!! Which SoCal dealership did you go to?? I'm in Redondo Beach and looking for the same RX package. I'm handing over my 08 GX 470 :(
    I've was quoted $617 w/ tax with $2000 drive off.

Anyone else reading this in SoCal who got great deal, I would love to hear.
    I've also been quoted $48350 MSRP, 36-mo lease, 12k miles, $2000 drive off, $680/mo incl tax:
    FWD
    Premium
    Comfort
    Towing
    Nav
    Premium Audio
    Park Assist

This quote sounds high especially with the MF rates I've seen here.

Thanks!
  • marks1965marks1965 Member Posts: 10
    Tried to do the interent thing. Received a response from a northern NJ dealer, quoting me a lease price of $625 per month, $1800 down, 36 months/12,000 miles per year. List was $48,500 and he said he would give me the car for $44,500. Vehicle had basically everything, including navigational system. He told me he had no more room and the price was the price. I thought the price was somewhat high. Any comments. Thanks.
  • roblawroblaw Member Posts: 17
    It's not bad. I only did about $200 better on the front end but your monthly is about $45 higher which does seem high since mine my cap cost was about $500 lower. The money factor may be higher now in May then in April when I leased. I imagine the overall costs will be higher going forward than my payment ($1600 at signing and $530 per month plus PA tax based on $48,385.00 list and cap cost of $44,000.00) which I locked in about when the tsunami hit (car is about a month old now). Try Wilkie Lexus in Haverford and ask for Kristi. She worked with me and was a pleasure.
  • marks1965marks1965 Member Posts: 10
    Here's another deal I was quoted:

AWD, Comfort Package, Premium Audio System, Nav. Package, Premium Package, Towing, Wood, Preferred Accessory package. $537/month, 36 months, 12k miles per year, $3,000 down. I don't want to put that much down though.
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    03gx,
    I reside in Los Angeles, and wanted to know which dealership provided you with this deal? Going to take my wife to the dealership to test drive the car. I am a previous owner of a Lexus ex 350. Thanks in advance for your help, and congrats on your car :)
  • sesarjsesarj Member Posts: 34
    Which dealer? I am looking for the same car in SoCal.
  • sesarjsesarj Member Posts: 34
    Made a deal in SoCal this weekend. $1200 Drive off, 570/mo incl. tax

RX350
    MSRP 46246

Had a minivan with 2 months left on lease and Lexus loyalty.
    Congrats on the car, did Lexus pay the last 2 payments on your minivan? What was the Money Factor, residual, and mileage? Thanks and congrats on your car ;)
  • cubescubescubescubes Member Posts: 10
    I am planning to lease a FWD+Premium Package+heated seats+rear view camera + parking assist+wood and leather steering + shift knob. MSRP is about 44K and I am being quoted in the range 41-42K. Is this OK? I am thinking 12-14% off MSRP is a reasonable price. All the dealers seem to be playing up the earthquake in Japan but as far as I can tell, it did not travel all the way to Canada.

Does anybody know the money factor for June 2011?

Thanks in advance

Cubes
  • wanttoleaserxwanttoleaserx Member Posts: 1
    hi 03qx,

please let me know which dealer you got your deal also can you give me the sales name? i got a deal for 670/month incl tax. your deal sounds really good. thank you.
  • happybuyer11happybuyer11 Member Posts: 10
    I live in So Cal area and would like to but a RX 350 with Navigation system soon. If you are interested in buying the same car or other Lexus cars, please join me. I think we can get more bargain power if the dealer sees 3 or 4 buyers at the same time.
    So far I got 1 person who can buy with me. I hope to get more.
    Email to cooperchien@yahoo.com
  • metronymetrony Member Posts: 5
    In CT and received the following offers for a RX350, 48 mo, 12K. Looking at a base model with Premium pkg only. I know offers vary for each region, but my offers still seem really subpar compared to most on this forum, esp since the lease is for 48 months, we're not getting a lot of added features. Is there anyone from the tri-state area that has recently gotten a RX350 lease?

Furthermore, offer 1 is for a vehicle that has been with the dealer since Oct 2010 (is this usual?) and has been sitting at their garage lot for quite some time. Other than some minor scratches on the bumper, the car looked fine. The dealership initially presented the offer at list price and presented a revised offer (seen below) within minutes, and with no negotiating on our part. It felt like the dealer was trying to unload the vehicle. Is there anything we should be wary of? Clearly we're not seasoned pro's at this (having been city dwellers until recently), so I'm looking to enlist the experts and heed their advice!! ;) Thanks!

Offer 1, FWD, Premium
    $42,584 MSRP
    $40,584 Offer
    $2,500 Drive off
    $549 per month

Offer 2, AWD, Premium
    $3,200 drive off
    $578 per month
  • happybuyer11happybuyer11 Member Posts: 10
    Here is my offered lease price at the dealership:
    RX350
    36 months/10k miles. Premium package with navigation.
    $550 with 4000 down payment. All tax and fees included.
    I am in SoCal.
  • dglozmandglozman Member Posts: 178
    What would be current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RX 350 AWD with 10,000 miles?

I also wandering how do you find out this information? Is it available somewhere to look it up?

Also, could someone share their recent lease info for the 2011 RX 350 AWD with 10,000 miles? Considering the MSRP is $48300 or $48600 (with and without park assist), what would be good realistic selling price?

Thanks,
    D
  • davidesqdavidesq Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    Offer on RX350 AWD w/Nav, comfort, premium, parking assist (we're in NJ).
    $639/mo - $3800 down.

I know that's high but what's complicating my figuring out how good a deal is that they're also taking back our current 2009 RX350, taking care of the last 2 payments, and "forgiving" our excess milage. We're about 16000 (!) miles over our limit (my wife had a job change halfway through our lease which added about 300 miles a week to our driving).

Under the lease, we'd owe about $4000 on those miles. I prefer to get the 2011 than purchase the 2009 if we can get a fair offer.
    Happy,
    Don't put that much down on the lease, just drive off. In case the vehicle is totaled you will not get that money back. Best bet find out the selling price of the car, speak to the General sales manager at the end of the month, tell them you will give them a 100%CSI.
    Hey dglozman. Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RX 350 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any source that provides accurate information on manufacturers' current programs to the general public.

Normally I would advise someone who was in the market for an '11 RX 350 to shoot for $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice, but I'm not sure what the inventory situation is like for this model right now. If they are in short supply as a result of the Japanese supply disruption then one might have to pay more than that.

Car_man
    Host
    It is funny, but I'm also in NJ and also have current 2009 RX350 with two payments left. But we only have 22k on odometer.
    What dealership did you visit? We live in central NJ, and so far only went to Freehold Lexus - the same one that we leased out current car. I want also to try Bridgewater since they are participating in Costco Auto program.

D
    Thank you Car_man.
    I was asking where do you get money factor and residual value information. Is it published on the Lexus website?
    The quote I listed above is from Prestige Lexus but our current lease is from Bridgewater (only 15 minutes from where we live) and we're waiting to hear back from them tomorrow on what sort of deal they'd make. Their original lease offers were too high but hoping they'll come down. We were paying $585 on our '09 Pebble Beach (paid $1300 or so upfront but that included the first month so it was pretty much nothing down other than the required stuff).

We had a 36K lease and are approaching 52K on the odometer with 6 weeks to go on the lease. That job location change killed us! Pretty much have to stick with Lexus and hope to get a good deal to get some discount on the extra miles. We love the RX350 so no problem there - just trying to get as good a deal as possible. We "owe" about $4000 on the extra miles and not sure how much we should figure would be reasonable for them to add to whatever bottom line we can neogtiate. Clearly they can discount that $4000 but clearly we'll have to pay something above what someone else would be paying who didn't have the overage.
    edited June 2011
    Considering that the purchase price is 44K. MSRP is 48,900. Residual is 60%. Money Factor is .00165. 36 Months lease. $0 cap cost reduction (or I can apply $1000 incentive for current Lexus lease holders). 7% tax that I would want to put into the payments.
    I get $533 a month not including Title, registration and fees. Am I correct?
  • metronymetrony Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

What is the money factor and residual for 36mo lease, 12K miles per year?

I'm looking at a base model only and thus, I have the lowest purchase price ($40.5) I've come across on these forums. Yet, my costs ($549/mo, $2,500 walk away) do not reflect that. I must be doing something wrong with my math.

Please help!!!!!

Metrony
  • cubescubescubescubes Member Posts: 10
    If you are buying the base model, I think your purchase price should be more than 3000 less than 40,500, no?

As per Car_man's previous post: MF = 0.00165, RV=60% for T +1
    Agreed to the deal from Freehold Lexus in NJ. RX350 AWD with Navigation package (I believe MSRP is $48600). 36mo, 10K miles per year. $555 per month (including taxes), $1700 initial payment(includes 1st payment, Bank fee, Doc fee, and title/registration charges). It also includes 1k loyalty rebate and one payment for my current lease.
    I probably could of done a little better then that, but I think it is a good deal.
    We just picked up ours yesterday! Ended up with what I think is a pretty good deal all things considered. RX350 AWD, Nav, Comfort, Premium, parking assist, leather trim. 15K miles/year. Did $660 per month (inc. tax) and $2100 initial payment. The rate and initial payment also took care of our last payment on the prior car plus 16,200 miles over our limit on the old lease (which would have had us on the hook for over $4000 if we didn't make some deal).
    You're welcome dglozman. No Lexus does not provide consumers with information on its money factors and residual values on its website.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello metrony. Lexus Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RX 350 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • colotjcolotj Member Posts: 18
    Hey Car_man, just quoted a money factor of .00195 and residual value of 59%. Is this accurate as of July 5th?
    I thought I knew a thing or two about leases but apparently not. Help me out here please.

Msrp. 49804
    Disc 1804
    Selling price 48000. I know, too much but humor me.

Dealer fee 406.70

Net down 4257.00 which in ides first payment.

Residual 59%

Payment $561.31 plus taxes.

I was under the assumption that the 59% was calculated from MSRP. That would put the residual at $29384.36 which is listed on my quote.

That would mean that the lease was based on $20419.64 ($49804.00 - $29384.36)

$20419.64 - $3288.99(net money down) = $17130.65 financed on lease.

Money factor = .00195 or 4.68% (.00195x2400)

Per the amortization schedule my payment should be $511.88/month for 36 months.

What am I missing?
    Whoops. I forgot to calculate the difference of selling price and MSRP.

So MSRP $49804-$48000=$1804.00

$17130.65-$1804.00=$15326.65 net leased price.

$15326.65 at 4.8%(.00195 money factor) = $457.98 + taxes for 36 months.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    You aren't borrowing the depreciation.... you are borrowing the entire selling price, then paying it down to the residual, over the term of the lease...

There is really no point in converting the money factor to an interest rate, then trying to calculate amortization. Leases are figured on straight line depreciation. Use the formula.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi colotj. The residual value looks good, but the money factor that you were quoted is too high. According to the information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor for the 2011 RX350 is only .00165 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi colotj. You can use the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate your vehicle's payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • me2011me2011 Member Posts: 2
    Does anybody know if Lexus will have its semi annual Golden Opportunity sale at the end of July?
    That's an excellent question, me2011. Normally I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus did introduce some incentives enhancements at the end of this month, but the the tragic quake and the resulting lack of inventory (though the situation is getting better) Lexus might stand pat and not make any enhancements. It will be interesting to see what they do. If I was in the market for a new Lexus and I wasn't in an extreme hurry I would at least wait until the end of the month to lease. At the very least you should be in a stronger bargaining position with the dealer as they try to squeeze as many sales into the month as they can and who knows, the incentives might get better as an added bonus.

Car_man
    Host
  • gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Car_man,
    I posted in the IS 250 Site regarding the same and another question. Can you visit when you can please?
    Gwarren
  • me2011me2011 Member Posts: 2
    My dealer told me that the money factor was reduced this morning with a new lexus lease program but he didn't tell me what it had been reduced too. Does anybody on here know what the money factor and residual percent is for a 36 months lease, 10k miles per year? The msrp is 48647. Sales price is $44,999. $1,000 loyalty in addition. What would be my monthly payments before taxes and how much taxes are taken if you pay upfront?
  • kay35kay35 Member Posts: 1
    Hi! Our local dealership--Lexus of New Orleans tells me the best money factor on 2011 RX 350 is .00236--is that true??
  • timmyb2timmyb2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have any info on the MF and residual value for a 2011 AWD RX 350, 36 month lease (both 10k and 12k miles a year)?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Hi me2011. Lexus Financial Services' new enhanced buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RX 350 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $48,647 and a selling price of $43,999, I estimate that this truck would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $514.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Tim. Lexus Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RX 350 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00140 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • feyestfeyest Member Posts: 1
    Car Man..thanks for all the help on this site. So, I have learned to try and negotiate the best cap cost I can at the start of my negotiatons, which I do. I don't indicate, buy or lease, just do my best on the selling price. I am coming off an RX 350 lease (2009) and I am trying to get the new model at or near invoice. So, my question is-do the dealers arbitrally play with money factors and residuals based on the negotiated price. I don't understand why I can't negotiate my best price first, and they set up the lease or buy. Me thinks this is how they retain the mystique. Another question--my husband I disagree on this one. I really want payment around $350 to $400. I was going to buy out my soon to end lease and resell ( I think the market is about 5K over my residual-about 21K now) I would then use that money as a cap cost reducer. He says makes no sense to reduce cap cost on a lease?
  • chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    The main deal with leasing is you are trying to get them to "sell" you the car for the lowest amount, just as if you were buying. This low price helps in the calculations used to calculate the lease payment. The money factor and residual is pre-set by Lexus/toyota and are used to calculate the rest. The sale price is your chance to negotiate down.
    I think lexus will give you $1000 loyalty and because the used car maket (locally in LA) is lacking in good inventory your 09 may have equity.

Reducing cap cost lowers the payment but why waste the money when you can take that money and invest it.

I was able to get into an RX350 within 24 hours. I had been waiting to swap out my 08 MDX for a new Acura but the incentives weren't there and the 2012 aren't out. On the off chance that Lexus could get me in the door they made it work.

LA south bay lexus dealer
    2011 rx 350 w premium package.
    Unnecessary add-ons - roof rails, wood steering and ventilated seats (nice), cargo mat and wheel locks.
    MSRP-$43,471
    Sale price - $40050
    MF .0014
    10K - 3 yr - 60% residual
    cap cost reduction ($1000 equity on MDX lease plus $47)
    $450 Title registration
    $496 first months payment

$456 before tax - $496 after tax lease
    Hi feyest. Generally speaking, dealers are not allowed to alter banks' residual values. They can however and often do mark up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. That's why it is important to know what the buy rate should be for the vehicle that you want prior to entering into negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • joep17joep17 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2011
    Thanks you in advance for taking the time to respond, I appreciate what you do here on the site. Here are the details of a potential lease I am looking at right now for the RX 350:

MSRP $49,347
    Net Cap Cost $43,998
    MF .00140
    Lease: 36 Month
    Residual: 59%

Asking for 12K miles/per year. Latest offer is $500 per/mo with $6,000 down (includes first month payment). Im in NY/NJ area.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Thanks you in advance for taking the time to respond, I appreciate what you do here on the site. Here are the details of a potential lease I am looking at right now for the RX 350:

MSRP $49,347
    Net Cap Cost $43,998
    MF .00140
    Lease: 36 Month
    Residual: 59%

Asking for 12K miles/per year. Latest offer is $500 per/mo with $6,000 down (includes first month payment). Im in NY/NJ area.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi joep17. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money. That's a good thing. The selling price that you were quoted looks good as well.

Having said that, $6,000 is way too much money to put down. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, it's safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Agreed. Once I saw that $2,564 went to cap reduction I ended up taking that out and getting the following deal:

$3523 down (includes first month payment)
    $575 per/mo (36 months)

We then discussed buying outright rather than lease. They offered up same money down $800 per/mo for 5 years.

Does that seem reasonable knowing current rates?
This discussion has been closed.