Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey gza001. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus RX 400h AWD without the entertainment system with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 53%, respectively...just like you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, ks_man. Lexus Financial Services; current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00190 and 44%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 2% higher. These are the lowest money factors that dealers can charge on this truck, but dealers can mark-up money factors to add additional hidden profit to deals.

Car_man
    Host
  • ks_manks_man Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for that very helpful info Car_man. I'll let you know how it goes at the dealership (unfortunately I live in the very lease unfriendly state of Illinois but I can't really change that).

Am I correct in assuming that Lexus Financial keeps the same money factors for the entire month and so the ones you posted were for May? I remember that was how BMW did it.

Also you say the dealers can mark-up money factors but are they allowed to lower residual values as well or are those pretty much set in stone? Thanks again.
  • fabbfabb Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the useful data here Car_man. My question is fo the 2008 RX 400h in WA state. Would I use the same money factor/residual with the dealers here? And do you have the 48 month data on MF and Residual?

I have the deal at 46850 for price (50031 msrp) with NV, PT, HH, FT, WU, TO options. The residual they are offering on 36 is 53%, but on 48 mo its 42%. The best monthly after $7K down is 629 (48mo) and 633 (36 mo). Seems high (about 20-30 high).

Thanks in advance.
  • pjw6nmke2dpjw6nmke2d Member Posts: 1
    My wife would like to lease a 2008 RX400h for 3 years with 12,000 miles per year. Does anyone have any lease factors/residual values that would apply in this situation?

I apologize if I missed this information in an earlier posting.

Thank you in advance.

pwilkie
  • fromagefromage Member Posts: 4
    Vasco- may I ask where you leased? My quote on the RX350 is as follows

2009 RX350 FD reasonably loaded but no Nav, no ML
    Selling price 38,574
    36 months with 2000 down $610/mo, 48 months with 2000 down $579/mo all at 10 K

Seems as though there is a somewhat better deal out there...I want to be under $600 total/month and stay at 36, and certainly put less down if possible...many thanks
  • hazmartyhazmarty Member Posts: 32
    Just picked up our 2009 RX350 AWD last Saturday. It includes Premium Plus, Heated Front Seats/Rain Sensing Wipers, Liquid Graphite 18" Wheels, Towing Package, Cargo Mat, and Wheel Locks.

36 Month Lease with 12K miles per year

MSRP = $43,331
    Invoice = $38,298
    Sell Price = $38,910

Residual = 56%
    MF = 0.0165 (previous Lexus leasee)

Monthly Payment = $511

Paid on Delivery: Sales Tax = $1639 (8.625%), Lease Fee =$600, First Month = $511, Procees/Inspection/Tire Fees = $68
    You're very welcome, .fabb. I believe that Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00200 for Tier 1+ customers is available in all of its regions...at least it was the last time that I checked. This factor is available for 48 month leases as well. The 48 month residual value that you were quoted looks right to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pwilkie. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a base 2008 Lexus 400h 2WD through Lexus Financial Services for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00200 and 51%, respectively...assuming that you qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on leasing your new RX 350, hazmarty. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Real world examples like this are always helpful to others who are in the market. Make sure to stop by the Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • pooch2pooch2 Member Posts: 2
    Hazmarty thanks for the info that sounds like a really great deal do you mind if i ask which dealer in NY? I am looking to lease within the next month the only one I have heard from is prestige in NJ but I have not receive any figures yet. Thanks for any help.
  • gavrikgavrik Member Posts: 51
    Hi,

we are in the process of getting a 36-mo. lease on RX350 w/ Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, Towing Pkg, Cargo Mat and Wheel locks (MSRP $41911). We just went to one place here north of Chicago and the dealer offered cap cost $39200 right off the bat. Residual: 56% and money factor of 0.0016

What is the reasonable counter-offer I can make? I believe invoice price comes out just slightly under $37k.

Also, are there any cash incentives for current Lexus owners ('05 ES330)?

Thanks.
  • drivinggreendrivinggreen Member Posts: 1
    I am currently looking to lease a 2008 Lexus 400h AWD for 36 months, 15,000 miles in Broward County, Florida (South Florida). Three questions:

1. The dealership offered me a base price of $41,280. Is this a good price? Kelly Blue Book Value for the car is around $37,500. Can I realistically expect something closer to that for a base price?

2. Their Residual Value is 49% and their Base Money Factor Rate is around .00190. Is this correct, or are they just blowing (lower emission) smoke?

3. I am strongly considering making one lump sum payment to cover the entire lease. Since they will be getting all of their money up front, will this lower the price of the lease by eliminating the interest?

Please advise. Thanks very much.
  • travispetetravispete Member Posts: 24
    May I ask what dealership you leased your vehicle from? Thank you.
  • sawjai3sawjai3 Member Posts: 3
    This is what a dealership in N. Cal offered:

MSRP: $51875
    My Price: $47863
    Down: $1250
    Factor: .21
    Payment: $755.31 + $62.31 (tax) = $817.62 per month
    36 mth lease
    52% residual

I had another dealership offer $679 + tax for a nav car 12k 36 mth lease, but hasn't given me the final breakdown on due at signing, residual, and factor. Seems like in this instance I probably would have to put a hefty down payment, which wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. What are your thoughts?
    After several trips to local Lexus dealerships, we found the exact vehicle we wanted (colors, options, etc) and took the delivery this morning in order to beat the $300 increase which is coming shortly.

My local dealer and I have agreed on the price: around $500 over invoice. I also used my $500 rebate check from Lexus to get the price down. Overall, a pleasant experience. Took about an hour to sign and drive off.
  • carbuyer48carbuyer48 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please provide the details of your lease and the dealer. We are in the market and need to get the RX350 soon.
    We were able to agree on a fair deal with Woodfield Lexus. MSRP: $41911 (common configuration in our area, no navigation). Sale price: $37,400 (about $500 over invoice)

Residual: 56%
    Money factor: 0.0016
    Term: 36 months, 12k, no money down
    Monthly: $577 (includes tax)

Cost out the door: $577+$600 acquisition

Lexus has increased the price of their vehicles by $300, so use that value in your calculations.

Also, if you are a previous Lexus customer, have them check if your name is on the list. You may get another $500 as Lexus customer. We were, so they deducted this amount from our out the door cost.
  • doc22stevedoc22steve Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_Man,

Can you please help me with the mf and residuals for an 09 RX 350 AWD with navigation in Northern California for a 4 yr lease? Thanks.
  • hazmartyhazmarty Member Posts: 32
    Lexus of Smithtown. Sorry I am so late replying, but I hadn't checked back here in a while
  • lundquit76lundquit76 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently leasing an 2005 RX 330 Thundercloud and I am a month-to-month extension. I'm also under my mileage allowance. The car has not hit 36K yet and is about 39 months now.

I have a quote from a dealership for the 2009 Lexus RX 350 - Pebble Beach Edition

The long and the short of it is...two options

$3,089 down with a payment of 498.00 per month (10K per year)

$3,146 down with a payment of $512.00 per month (12 K per year).

I really want 12K mileage, but like the $498 payment. They said these are my two choices and no other option. I know I probably won't go over the mileage but you never know what will happen in three years.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
  • gx470818gx470818 Member Posts: 16
    On one hand, why pay for something that you might never use. On the other hand, you are talking about extra $16 bucks per month over 36 month period, that's not a lot of money, if you can't pony up those 16 big ones then why drive a lexus. :confuse:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    They said these are my two choices and no other option.

The dealer will structure it any way you want, as long as they get the same amount of money.

If you are fixed on the $498/mo. payment.. just tell them that you want that payment for the 12K/yr lease... They'll just take $14 X the term of the lease and add it to your upfronts...

So.. another $500-$700 upfront, and you have your payment..

I like to go with zero down.... but, if you are already putting $3100 upfront, another $500 isn't going to make any difference.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    I am hoping to get some clarity on leasing a certified pre-owned RX350 before I make a call to the dealer.

I made a call into Acura and the finance manager made a simple statement that leasing a previous model year car would not be worth the savings because of the lower residual.

Is this accurate or a moot point if I can get into an 08 for ~$32K, almost $10K below a new 09.

Any and all info or experiences would be appreciated.

interested in a 3 year with 12K miles a year (wife actually only drives about 8K a year).
    What would be the lower residual factor and would the money factor be different? I called the lexus 800 number and they said to call a dealer.

thanks,

chuck
    Hey doc22steve. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2009 RX 350 AWD with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • giacomo68giacomo68 Member Posts: 6
    Just was presented with the following:

2009 RX350 ($39,100)
    Premium Plus Package ($3,490)
    Delivery Fee: $825
    MSRP: 43,415
    Sell Price: $40,015
    Residual: 56% ($24,139)
    MF: .0016
    12K / 36 months
    $0 money down

Payment: $587 (includes 9% PA tax). (@$539 without tax)
    First months payment, lease fee / registration: $1370

What do you guys think? I ran the numbers and if I put $2500 down it would drop the payment to $513, I would rather not put that money down upfront.

Thanks,

Jack
  • dglozmandglozman Member Posts: 178
    Car man, could you please provide a lease information for 2009 RX350 AWD with Navi for 24-36 mo, 8K-10K miles.

Appreciate your help!
    Got an offer for 2009 RX350 AWD with Navi and heated seats, 3 years, 10,000 miles a year - $555 a month including NJ taxes ($1,358). Up front cost is $1,625 (first payment $555,Doc fee $199, Bank Fee $600 and motor vehicle around $300). Dealer claims that it is only $100 above invoice.

I think this deal is fair.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
    Dmitry,

Looks like a good deal. See my post I have a 2009 RX no nav. My payment is $592 but I had to roll some money from my trade into the deal. Original was $572 with 9% PA sales tax included. Your deal looks good to me, maybe you can cut down the upfront costs by a couple hundred.

I wish I could go back and work my deal a bit better. what are the specifics of the deal? MSRP / Sell Price / Residual Etc.
  • snavsnav Member Posts: 7
    2009 Lexus RX350 AWD Black on Black
    PP+/Navigation/Liquid Graphite/Heated seats/Rain sensor wipers/Towing
    MSRP: $46,241

12,000 miles/36 months
    $609/month, $0 up front

Based on 56% RF, 0.0015 MF
    Includes all taxes, tags, and title fees.
    Unfortunately the dealer did not provided that information, but I assume that MSRP is $46,065.00, since based on Lexus website, there are only two combinations available for my area - one with navigation and one without (I assume that this is premium plus and heated seats). Dealer confirmed that. He said that AWD comes to NJ only with two configurations. Everything else is the special order.

BTW the quote that I got was his response on the quote request that I sent using Edmunds. I did not even try to negotiate.
    Looks like Lexus of Chester Springs got me for a few bucks more than I should have spent. I had a trade though, so some of that was absorbed. So did you roll everything into the payment (drive off costs)?

Thats a good deal, especially since I dont have Nav and am paying 587.
  • car99car99 Member Posts: 3
    This is what a dealership in Bergen County, NJ offered:

MSRP: $43,331
    premium plus package
    no nav
    Down: $0
    M Factor: .00145
    Payment: $500 including NJ 7% tax
    36 mth lease 12k miles/yr
    56% residual
    inception fees + 1st mo approx 1500, paid at closing

Any thoughts?
    All drive off costs, taxes, tags, fees were factored into the monthly payment of $609. $587 is a bit steep, especially with no nav and a trade-in. Someone in the other thread mentioned that they got a car with MSRP $45,000 leased off of a $38,500 acquisition, which is the best I've seen yet.
    car99 - what was the sell price that the lease was calculated off of? It looks a bit high if you ask me. I've seen $485 - but that's still a pretty decent deal.
    Dealers selling price was about 39,500. I lowered to 38,900 to get to 500. Is your 485 w/7% tax, if so about 453 w/o tax
    gross capitalized cost 38801
    msrp 43591
    base+ PT HH FV TO C1 WL
    includes 1k loyalty rebate
    Edmunds has "invoice" 38535
  • suemenotsuemenot Member Posts: 2
    2009 RX 350 Pebble Beach Ed.
    MSRP $47,196
    Gross Cap = $41,533 (12% off MSRP)
    add $600 Acquisition Fee
    less $2780 - my down
    less $1000 - dealer incentive/rebate
    Adjusted Cap = 38,352.96
    56% Residual
    36 Month Lease
    .00145 Money Factor = 3.48%
    12,000 miles/yr
    plus I paid another $720 in title, tax on cap red, doc fee
    $460.11/mo w/o tax
    $495.77/mo with tax (7.75%)
    Orange County, CA
    (so $3500 out of pocket total not including 1st mo pmnt)

Couldn't have done it without reading all of your recent posts. Thanks!!
    $500/month and 1500 inception fees for a car without navigation? These days, there is no market for a car without navigation in the entry-level luxury class. If you put no money down, that might work. Tell them you're not paying inception fees.

I picked up my 2009 RX 350 AWD PP+/Nav, etc. today,and I thought I was getting a great deal with $609/month, 0 money down with a 12,000 miles/36 month lease on a 46,241 MSRP vehicle.

Turns out the deal was even better! 15,000 miles/36 month lease for $600/month, 0 money down, 0.00145 MF, 56% RF!
  • kramcarkramcar Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote on a lease on the east coast as follows:

MSRP: 46,241
    Selling Price: $40,750 (less $1,000 incentive for returning customers)
    Bank Fee: $600
    MF. .00155 (or .00145 at best rate)
    Residual of 54% (assuming 3 years 45K miles)

I saw something online suggesting the residual was 56%. Can somebody confirm?
    Here's the information that you're looking for, dglozman. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 56%, respectively. I have never seen a LFS lease with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does offer leases with that low a mileage allowance, its residual values are probably 1% higher than its 12k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • suemenotsuemenot Member Posts: 2
    The residual % will be lower if the miles are higher. I know the 56% residual relates to 12k miles/yr. It makes sense that if you plan on driving the car 15k miles/yr it will be worth less at the end of the lease than 12k/yr. So, 54% residual for 15k miles sounds right. Good job on the MSRP discount!! But watch out - you must mind your ultimate monthly payment. You should run the numbers through a lease calculator you can find online...because...the Dealer will stick other fees in on you and the only way you will know is to crunch the numbers yourself and plug in fees to arrive at the monthly payment they are proposing.
  • bmkjbmkj Member Posts: 22
    Finally pulled the trigger. Picking up a Pebble Beach RX350 tonight. Here are approx figures, don't have paperwork yet as deal was done on the phone.
    MSRP - $47,396
    Sell price - $40,900
    Lease 36 months 10K miles/yr Residual - 57%
    Rolled in all inception fees (Lease fee, motor vehicle etc.) which was about $1100
    Used multiple security deposit option (9 $500) to reduce money factor to .00073
    Monthly payment - $500
    Out of pocket is just first month of $500 and MSD (refundable)
  • yogibearsdyogibearsd Member Posts: 10
    Hi BMKJ - Please share the dealership information because I am interested in the deal. Thank you.
  • bmkjbmkj Member Posts: 22
    See more info under the prices paid thread. Let me know if you need any other info.
    Thank you. I appreciate the information.
    Congratulations on getting your new RX, bmkj. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone, especially for including all of the important numbers. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • josswjossw Member Posts: 9
    Here's the details of the deal I just got in SoCal:

2009 RX350 in Breakwater Blue with beige interior with Nav, Buletooth, etc. MSRP $44,401

3 years, 36K miles
    $0 driveoff (this includes taxes, title, registration, etc.)
    Monthly payment: $499 including tax

* All I have is 35 payments of $499.

Any feedback? How did I do? I think the deals here in SoCal will just keep getting sweeter. I could have gotten $490 but I would have had to drive a little further. Enough already. I'm tired!
    Hi,

Could you please share the dealership information. I am very interested in making a similar deal tonight. Please send me an e-mail at - septcar@gmail.com

Thanks
  • socalcpasocalcpa Member Posts: 15
    Would you share the name of the dealership. I'm in LA and will be leasing RX350 soon.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.