Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Navigator Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi craigf14. You sure are interested in a big truck. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Lincoln Navigator L 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 49%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate a lower capitalized cost for your lease. There is also $1,000 owner loyalty cash on this truck for current Lincoln owners.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey craigf14. I am not all that familiar with what the market is like for the Lincoln Navigator L in your area right now, but I suspect that you will have to pay a little more than dealer invoice (minus the $1,000 cash incentive) to get one right now. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck by stopping by the following discussion: "Lincoln Navigator: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • negoti8negoti8 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2007 Navigator L 2WD MSRP $52,830. I need the residual percent for 15K miles for 24 and 36 months. Thanks. :shades:
    Here's the information that you're looking for, negoti8. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Lincoln Navigator L 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 1.5% and 49%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on the '07 Navigator into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • pwinscottpwinscott Member Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan:

Can you figure a lease payment for me? The MSRP on the Navigator is $58,115. If I negotiate a price of $54,500 and use the $1000 lease cash, the selling price would be $53,500.00. I'm wanting a 36 month lease with 36,000 mile allowance. I can put down $2000.00. Dealer is waiving the security deposit. Once you figure the price, would this be a good deal?
  • pwinscottpwinscott Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me what the current lease rate factor is for zip code 92626 in CA on the 2007 Lincoln Navigator L 4x2 MSRP $58,260.?? I don't believe the 1.5 for 36 months and .25 for 24 months are correct as referenced above.
    I'd be happy to work up a lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Lincoln Navigator L 2WD that has an MSRP of $58,115 and a selling price of $53,500 through Ford Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $715. The price that you were quoted for this truck doesn't look bad, but it is difficult for me to tell exactly how much over dealer invoice it is. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact truck that you are interested in by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. If you tell me how much over invoice this offer is, I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey pwinscott. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Lincoln Navigator L 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 51%, respectively. You can convert this lease rate into an approximate money factor equivalent by dividing it by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • friedmikefriedmike Member Posts: 37
    CarMan - Trying to get approximate payment on a 2007 Lincoln Navigator 2wd with $49365 total msrp. selling price is $45300. 36 months, 12k miles per year with zero down. Can you let me know payment and what residual, factor, etc. you're using to calculate? Thanks!
    I'd be happy to help you out, friedmike. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 2WD that has an MSRP of $49,365 and a selling price of $45,300 through Ford Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $617. I used a lease rate of 1.5% and a residual value of 50% to calculate this lease payment. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. One can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 1.5% is equivalent to a money factor of around 0.00063.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mcgdocmcgdoc Member Posts: 4
    Few questions regarding Navigator 2x4 Ultimate

1. Can the customer cash back ($1,500) be combined with the dealer cash back (1K)?
    2. What is a Red Carpet lease?
    3. What are the specifics of $3,000 RCL/RCO customer cash back advertised on the Lincoln web site?
    4. What are the residual and the money factor for 36mo/15K and 24mo/15K for the tier one credit?
    Hi mcgdoc. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on the '07 Lincoln Navigator is compatible with its special lease program. The $1,500 customer cash isn't either. Having said this, Ford is providing a $3,000 lease cash incentive that can be used to reduce the capitalized cost of Navigators that are leased through Ford Credit. "Red Carpet" is just the brand name for leases through Ford Credit. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '07 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.75% and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are 0.5% and 55%. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. One can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jfpeteyjfpetey Member Posts: 1
    Hi mr car guy,
    I am looking to get a sanity check on a lease plan:

MSRP - 57130.00
    Invoice - 53298.40
    A plan - 51196.65

$0 down

$3000.00 Rebate ( Covers all Drive offs)

Money Factor - 1.75%

Residual - 46%

Payment - $771.79

Does this look good?

How should a yet to be negotiated trade-in impact this given the hook up with the A plan?

Thx in advance
  • loopcflloopcfl Member Posts: 2
    Hello – Although I’ve found this site extremely useful this is my first post. I’ve been looking at Expedition Ltd. and Navigators. This would be my 4th Expedition I’ve leased but I’ve never fully understood how the payments are calculated so I’d like some help understanding the calculations used to determine a lease payment. I am X-Plan eligible. I have no problem allowing the dealers to make their money but I want to make sure I get a good deal too.

Here’s what I’ve asked for….
    - 36 – 39 month lease
    - 15K miles per year
    - 0$ down
    - X-Plan eligible

I recently received a quote back from my local Lincoln dealer and would like to know if it looks legit. Here’s what they sent me:

"I was able to get the information that you requested from us. For a 36 month lease, it is 46% residual at 15,000 miles, $3,000 rebate, 1.75% rate with your county taxes. I gave you the X Plan price of $46,731.11 plus tax, tag, title; with no dealer fees are charged and the MSRP is $49,365.00. For the 39 month lease, it is 44% residual at 15,000 miles, $3,000 rebate, 2.0% rate with your county taxes. I gave you the X Plan price of $46,731.11 plus tax, tag and title; with no dealer fees and the MSRP is $49,365.00 plus tax, tag and title.

The leasing for 0 money down and 15,000 miles per year will $728.00 with tax for 36 months. For 39 months, it will be $710.00 with tax. Please let me know when you would like to come in."

Based on the last couple of Expeditions I’ve leased I was expecting the X-plan pricing to be better. Please help me understand these offers and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Closest I could find was MSRP $49,500 and the X plan price is $45,075 before the rebate. If you have X plan PIN the dealer is required to show you the invoice on the vehicle which will clearly show the X plan price in the lower left hand corner. This way you can be sure you're getting the right price. Rebates will vary by region and vehicle and date so you'll have to go with what the dealer says on that.

There is probably a $595 acquisition fee that gets added to the X plan price for a RCL. This seems to be legitimate even for X plan according to the Ford hotline.

Can't say anything about the interest rate or the payments other than $700+ for a 3 yr lease seems awfully high. The residuals look about right to me.
  • loopcflloopcfl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick reply! Does the $3000 rebate get subtracted from the X-Plan price to determine the selling price? How is the residual value calcualted - is it based off of the selling prices or MSRP? I told you I was somewhat naive to leasing although even though I've been doing it for the last 10 years. :confuse:
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Yes, the applicable rebates should be deducted from the X plan price. This is what you would pay if you were buying the vehicle outright and should be the basis for the RCL.

I don't know about the residual values. Could be either way.
  • m6_2005m6_2005 Member Posts: 9
    Hi -

I am trying to lease a demo vehicle--a 2007 model. The odometer reads 5008 miles.

My question is: How are the residual values for demo cars determined for various lease terms? How would I determine the depreciated portion of this vehicle?

How exactly is this applied to the lease calculation?

Also, in leasing, what are some important factors in leasing a demo car vs. a new car to keep in mind? Do the same new lease incentives apply to demo car leases?

THANK YOU in advance!!!
    Hi jfpetey. Both this truck's selling price and its lease rate are excellent. This looks like a great deal to me. If you want to trade in your current vehicle when you lease your new Navigator, negotiate as high a price as you can for it and then have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade. It's better to get a check than use the money for a down payment on your lease because consumers who make large down payments when leasing risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome aboard loopcfl. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Normally the fact that you are able to lease your new truck through Ford's X-Plan should guarantee that you will be able to get an excellent deal on it, but I agree that the selling price that you were quoted for the Navigator that you are interested in does look a little high for an X-Plan deal. A base '07 Lincoln Navigator has a spread of over $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price and the X-Plan price should be below invoice, yet the selling price that you mentioned only represents a $2,600 discount. It probably would be a good idea to contact another dealer or two for quotes on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tyler10tyler10 Member Posts: 4
    i have a 2002 lincoln navigator i was wondering if i could get a keyless entry for it? how do i install it?
    Hi tyler10. This particular discussion is for community members to discuss leasing a new Lincoln Navigator. You will have much better luck getting an answer to your question if you post it over in the "Lincoln Navigator Accessories and Modifications" discussion or the main "Lincoln Navigator" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jjb3jjb3 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market to lease a 2007 Navigator Base or Ultimate and would like to look at a 39 mo lease and 12,000 mi per year. Does someone have the recent money factor/lease rate and residual values for these parameters? I saw on the Lincoln site they are offering a $3,000 lease cash. Thanks for any insights!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jjb3. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 48%, respectively. The lease rate for an Ultimate 4WD is the same, but the residual value would be 1 point lower. As you can seem Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • 08navi08navi Member Posts: 2
    Hello:
    What should I be looking at for a '08 Navi with a MSRP of $60,595. Dealer will sell for $56,600. Oh almost forgot, I am looking at a 36 month lease with 45000 miles. Thanks.

WA state
  • raz227raz227 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Carman:

Here is my deal and I want to know how it is before I pull the trigger: I have the Gator on hold as we speak. I live in AZ

MSRP: $56,635
    INTERNET PRICE: $52,350
    REBATE: $4,000
    CAP COST: $48,350
    RESIDUAL: .44
    RATE: 2.00
    TERM: 36 MOS

I'm trading in a 06 BMW 530i with a payoff of $37,052 (they are giving me $27,000)

I'm putting $13,000 down (10k of which is to payoff loan)

Govt fees: $825
    Taxes $3318
    Orig. Lic. : $820
    Lieu Tax: $61.00
    Doc Fee $ 174

They are giving me a payment of $808/mo

I appreciate your response

Thanks
    RAZ
    Hi RAZ. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks reasonable to me. The lease cash that the dealer told you about is correct as well. Last but not lease, the lease rate that you were quoted is right in line with Ford Credit's base rate for this model. All of the negotiable aspects of this deal look great to me. If you like the truck, go for it. The only thing that I would change if I was personally in the market for this truck is I would go with a zero down lease instead of a $3,000 down lease. You run the risk of losing the three grand if your truck is stolen or totaled in an accident.

Car_man
    Host
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks to talk with consumers who just purchased a new large SUV. Please send the make and model of your vehicle along with your daytime contact information to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 8, 2007.
  • johnnie2timesjohnnie2times Member Posts: 4
    car man-
    I think I did pretty well on this lease.......I'm happy with it. I originally was not even looking at Navigators and fell into this one. I was orginally looking at Mountaineers, Explorers, Pathfinders, Armada's. I found nothing under $440 with tax with about $1500 total out of pocket for a 24 mo. lease.

This is what I bought last week, S. Fl. dealer:
    2008 Navigator 2x4,
    24 mo. lease
    MSRP 48,655
    invoice 37,503
    residual 28,706
    lease rate .25
    money out of pocket $3700 (about 1500 more than I would I liked but, it includes taxes, fees, title, 1st month etc.)
    trade in value $1200
    Monthly payment $399 with tax

I have the X plan but it didn't help much because the deal they were running was lower than the X can offer, although they credited me $200 for having it.

It's a gorgeous ride, I'm very happy with it. After going around from dealer to dealer for a week, I had enough. So......what do you think? Thanks in advance!
  • montobahnmontobahn Member Posts: 11
    Sounds like a great deal! I paid almost double but my MSRP was over $63k. and nothing down.
    Congratulations on getting your new Navigator, johnnie2times. It looks like you got a very good deal. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of it with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your sweet new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • osamaomarosamaomar Member Posts: 8
    Johnnie who was the dealer and salesperson you worked with? I am in the market and sounds like you got a great deal? You can email me directly at omar193@gmail.com.

Thanks

Sam
  • goalpostgoalpost Member Posts: 8
    Car_Man,

Looking for current residuals and lease rates for a 2008 Navigator L 4x4 in Northern California.

24/27 months at 12,000 miles/yr
    36/39 months at 12,000 miles/yr

Is it also true that there is $3500 lease cash available?

Thanks!
    Hi goalpost. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Lincoln Navigator L 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 2.75% and 50%. The 39 month numbers are 3.0% and 48%. The lease cash that Ford is providing on this truck varies by region. The highest available allowance is $3,750. Ford is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this model through Ford Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • getthegatorgetthegator Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

I am working on a Gator lease in Colorado Springs, but plan to put more then normal mileage on it each year (~19000) do you have any idea of the residuals and lease rates (should still be .25) for a 2008 Navigator 4x4.

24 months at 19,000 miles/yr
    36 months at 19,000 miles/yr

Their site shows $3750 back in lease cash, will Ford Credit still cover the first months lease payment?

Appreciate your great support on this site!
  • glenvfwglenvfw Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,
    I am in the process of finalizing the following leasing deal. Does it sound fair??
    List Price $55,605. They are paying my first month, They are paying off three months of my current lease, they are covering $600 in overcharge for mileage on my current lease.
    New lease:
    39 Months 15,000 per year
    $500 down
    $700 pre month
    Thanks
    Hi glenvfw. You never mentioned the selling price of the Navigator that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I am sure that myself or one of the other helpful community members out there would be happy to give you their opinion of this deal if you let us know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • neocortexneocortex Member Posts: 22
    I'm in the market to lease a Navigator with the Elite Package + 20" Tires. Does anyone have any good information lease deals in Southern California - i.e. recommend a dealer and the price you paid?

In the current market, I'm having a difficult time getting dealers to go to invoice or below on such a gas guzzler. The factory incentive is good, but I'd really like breakdowns of some recent deals.
  • toto88toto88 Member Posts: 7
    Carman - I saw that Lincoln is offering $5,750 off on a Navigator lease. Do you know what the current MF/Interest rates and residuals are for a 4x2 Navigator for 24/36 months 12/15k miles/yr?
  • robihris99robihris99 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man. What do you think about these numbers. Elite package truck w/ 20" rims, window sticker shows MSRP $60,300. Lease cap $56,300 and after rebate of $5,750 - adjusted cap $50,550. Zero down, 39 mo, 12K miles/year, 44% residual ( I know in a previous posting you said residual was 48% for 39 mo- do you think they are not giving me the right terms or did they adjust the residual and bump up the rebate?) and 3% interest. Before taxes payment came to $713. After tax 835 ( ford includes excise tax and sales tax).
    Also do you think the rebates and incentives are going to get even better after June 30th (the 5,750 expires then) since they will have to clear the inventory for the next year model. thank you

P.s. I have numbers for a Range Rover lease but I'll put that in the range rover stream. please respond I have a decision to make. :confuse: lol
    Hi toto88. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2008 Lincoln Navigator 2WD through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year 0.5% and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.25% and 44%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values will be 2% higher. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi robihris99. What is the selling price that you were quoted in relation to this truck's dealer invoice price? You can look up its exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Given the absolutely terrible market for large SUVs right now, I suspect that you should be able to get the Gator that you want for around invoice minus all of the available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • wjtinatlwjtinatl Member Posts: 50
    Car guy
    Ford just published some new lease incentives on both Navigator and Expedidtion. Looking to replace our '04 Gator and leasing may be an option. Given the big cash incentives to lease these trucks ($7500), what are the money factors and residuals? 24 or 39 months @ 15k miles/year? Dealer staes they'll set up cap cost at invoice which is $54524 on the 'gator, $45,227 on the Ex. THANKS!
    Hi wjtinatl. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Lincoln Navigator 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.25% and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 3.75% and 37%. As you can see, Ford Credit publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. you can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure that the dealer subtracts the $7,500 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • redroc14redroc14 Member Posts: 1
    I'm hoping to get some help before I go to the dealer. I'm looking to lease either an '08 or '09 Navigator on Long Island NY. It looks like the deals on the '08 are very good and there seems to be a lot around. One specific one I see is an '08 with a sticker price of $61,065. On Edmunds it shows the invoice as $55,213 and TMV price of $54,865. So here are the questions
    - Should I expect the cost of the truck to be appx the TMV price minus the $6500 in incentives ($54,865 - $6,500 = $48,365)?
    - what are the money factor or interest rates and residual percentages for an '08 with 24mos, 36 mos and 39 mos with 15,000 miles per year?
    - same question for an '09 regarding money factor and residual

I appreciate any help I can get before I go to the dealer. Chances are I will end up back here afterwards to get some thoughts on what I learn!
    Hi redroc14. There isn't much negotiation on the Lincoln Navigator right now because Ford is running its "Employee Pricing Plus" promotion which provides all consumers with the ability to purchase or lease new vehicles at its employee purchase price.

Ford is no longer leasing 2008 models, so if you want to lease a Navigator through Ford Credit you will have to go with a 2009 model. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Lincoln Navigator 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 4.25% and an atrocious 36%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 4.5% and 34%. Ford is not currently providing support on 24 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • jeb3779jeb3779 Member Posts: 16
    We are looking for a 3 row suv that actually has trunk space (we have strollers) when the third row is being used. Have basically looked at everything but the seqouia (can't find one). We are limited to the navigator, armada, qx56, and expedition. I haven't driven the navigator or expedition yet and was wondering if they basically drive the same or is the expedition more truck like? Pricing these cars out for leases are crazy and they want in the 800-900 range for a loaded armada. I can't justify paying that much. I was able to find a 08 fully loaded navigator that is on a lease and the person wants out. It has 9k miles on it and I can average a little over a 1000 miles a month for the rest of the 26 months. The payments would be about $690 with tax. This sounds like a great deal to me considering the prices I have been getting. Has anyone taken over a lease before and if so what should I make sure to do so I don't get taken advantage of. Is this ia good deal? Thanks for your help
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    I see Lincoln has introduced a leasing program on the navigator, can you tell me the residual and money factor for a 2010 4x2 Navigator for 10k miles, 39 months? Thanks!
    Hi monkeyshift. Ford Credit's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Lincoln Navigator 2WD with 10,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • 2011truck2011truck Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man-

Can you give me the money factor and residual for a 2011 Navigator L?

Thanks for your help.